PDA

View Full Version : Slam Attacks (3.5)

Ceridan
2009-09-30, 12:50 PM
Good day play grounders. I have a question to pose, is there a way to get weapon enhancements and special abilities on a slam attack?

Tavar
2009-09-30, 01:03 PM
I believe the Kensai PrC from Complete Warrior would work. The Amulet of Natural attacks(savage species) might also be useful, but I'm not quite sure if it would work.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-30, 01:03 PM
Warforged with a Battlefist (Eberron Campaign Setting), Kensei, or Legacy Weapon the Slam itself (possible, but not likely to fly).

Edit: Ninja'ed on Kensei.

Keld Denar
2009-09-30, 01:06 PM
If you are a Warforged, you can install a Battlefist for the low low low low low price of 2700 gp. In return, you get a +1 weapon that does 1d8 damage.

Yea....blech.

Other than that, being bludgeoning in nature, slam attacks are viable targets for the Greater Mighty Wallop spell in RotD. It increases the damage die size by 1 catagory per 4 caster levels and last HOURS per level.

And of course, there is the Amulet of Mighty Fists and the older Amulet of Natural Attacks. They do the same thing, except the Amulet of Mighty Fists is stupidly priced at a rate of 1.5x that of a normal magical weapon due to the odd slot. If anything, it should be DISCOUNTED 50% or more due to the fact that NECK is one of the most important body slots for anyone since thats where you get your CON from, and EVERYONE needs CON. /rant

Melamoto
2009-09-30, 02:21 PM
If you are a Warforged, you can install a Battlefist for the low low low low low price of 2700 gp. In return, you get a +1 weapon that does 1d8 damage.

You can enhance it how you like, in the same sense that you can bond any item to your body as a warforged.

Crafty Cultist
2009-09-30, 03:04 PM
The amulet of natural attacks in savage species lets you enhance a natural wepon for the same cost as a manufactured one

Bagelz
2009-09-30, 03:22 PM
Most dms i know will let you take anything that you could take for "unarmed attacks" for a "natural attack". I'm assuming your slam either for a creatures default attack, or for a druid wildshape.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-30, 03:26 PM
The amulet of natural attacks in savage species lets you enhance a natural wepon for the same cost as a manufactured one

Only a single natural weapon. Multiple ones increase the cost massively.