PDA

View Full Version : Tippyverse '84: The hunted...(IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Kallisti
2009-09-30, 04:40 PM
Welcome, one and all, to the IC thread. The moment you've all chosen your allegiances, I'll PM with information about those particular rebels, and we can start.

gdiddy
2009-09-30, 06:16 PM
Like any day, he did nothing. Left to his own thoughts, his mind wandered, remembering. A bronze citadel in the mists of a shattered Limbo. Loved ones, every last one, gone. The great beast that grinned in the blackness. Old, wise, beautiful. Its bargain. Its desire.

Whenever his mind wandered, it always did to the beast. As he thought of the beast, glistening in the Void, a strange tune played in his head. Was that new? The cold and damp of the ground dispelled his daydreaming abruptly. He thoughts turned to the more practical for a moment.

Rrek knew he was wasting time. Every time he thought of the Beast, he felt restless and moved to action. His superior was wasting his abilities. Did D'Ooxcv fear him? Or was he a prize to be cherished? Was he the last Githzerai? There was a time when the mind flayers would have known. Now, he was not so sure. The damnable monster, D'Ooxcv didn't treat him as a slave, but it was hard not to think of that. The Illithid language has no room for "ally", only Slave, Master, and modifiers on the two terms. Newspeak had probably taken cues from the fools.

No matter. It had all come full circle, a Githzerai called an Illithid master once again. The gods all wept, or were dead, or didn't care. Even Sigil, long a refuge of his people was said to be burned or imprisoned. All that he had left was his new Masters and the beast.

He donned his great cloak and bag, and left his cell to find D'Ooxcv. He always wore his cloak in the corridors. The great slavers were less likely to shrink back from his appearance when passing him. He wore his pride at the front of his mind, so that as he passed them, they knew a son of Zerthimon walks among them.

Kallisti
2009-09-30, 06:21 PM
As Rrek swept purposefully down the halls, he saw heads--if they could be called that--turning. He could feel the faint whisper of the thoughtstream on his cortex. :He again...Gith...Strong? Fairly...The scent/So tempting...No! He is important! Do NOT feed!: The same whispers that accompanied him every time he left his chambers. Striding purposefully, soon he came to D'Ooxcv's door. Before he could raise a hand to knock, he felt a feather-light touch in his mind. The illithid was maintaining a respectful--or wary--distance. :Yes? Your purpose in coming, Rrek?: He heard the faintly nauseating slurp of the illithid finishing a meal.

gdiddy
2009-09-30, 06:36 PM
Rrek badly wanted audience and tried to bring to the forward of his mind:

::Under-Master D'Oooxcv, this one you have honored with his name, wishes to have words with you. My body rots in my chambers. Please give me a task or at least tell this one his purpose. I am honored by the generosity of my Master-Hosts, but I require your words to sooth me.::

Diplomacy [roll0]

He was not sure what he wanted, but he needed some reassurance that he was not merely a stored banquet.

Kallisti
2009-09-30, 06:41 PM
:Hmmmm...Impatient young one, fire in the mind. But the fire is the strength. Very well. The nearby city, Hopefulness. The wizard-Baron is getting uncomfortably close to discovering our location. Correct this. We will, if you wish, spare...hmmm...two others to accompany you. Does this satisfy, young one?:

Mushroom Ninja
2009-09-30, 07:19 PM
Zimselixithuricon's eyelids snapped open, and he surged up from his cot. Heart pounding, he glanced around his room. Seeing nothing amiss, he stretched and tried to clear his mind. It had been just another dream. Donning his armor and grabbing his gear, he left his room to inquire about today's assignments.

Tyndmyr
2009-10-01, 01:51 AM
Tyndmyr woke suddenly...he'd been dreaming of the visit to the oracle again. It was the third time in as many nights. The long journey had eventually resulted in him collapsing in exhaustion, after which the note had been pried from his grubby hands, and he'd been carried to safety. The cynical side of his mind was wondering how long he'd been watched prior to the collapse.

No matter...he finally felt himself again, and there was so very much to do now that he was...what was the word for not being a slave again? The young tiefling went to peruse the library until his services were needed.

gdiddy
2009-10-02, 02:20 PM
::My Master-Hosts are generous. You give me a shelter and a purpose. Excuse my greed for answers, however. These others, who are to be my companions, who are they? Thralls or free ones? Please, how shall I foil the servants of the Great Enemy? I will do all I can to keep my generous Hosts safe.::

Rrek tried with all his might not to sound too patronizing, but it was foolish to leave an Illithid unsatisfied with a conversation.

Kallisti
2009-10-02, 02:28 PM
:One is a young man, born thrall to a wizard. He thinks he is free now, but he is a slave to his own foolish ideals. Why he has come to us? The sanity of the blind, blinkered, close-minded party avails him nothing. He has turned...elsewhere. The other is a simple thrall. Dornan. He has served well. He was a proud and noble warrior once, you know. But we needed his strength, so no more. You may go now. Unless there is more?:

Kallisti
2009-10-02, 02:42 PM
Tyndmyr woke suddenly...he'd been dreaming of the visit to the oracle again. It was the third time in as many nights. The long journey had eventually resulted in him collapsing in exhaustion, after which the note had been pried from his grubby hands, and he'd been carried to safety. The cynical side of his mind was wondering how long he'd been watched prior to the collapse.

No matter...he finally felt himself again, and there was so very much to do now that he was...what was the word for not being a slave again? The young tiefling went to peruse the library until his services were needed.

(OOC: It'll be a bit confusing with people in different places, so just try to remember what's adressed to who...)

The halls of Ocuus Maleficarum are, as always, a riot of color, as people and beings of all kinds trickle through the myriad halls. A necromancer coaching his zombie lovingly as it takes its first clumsy steps, a brash young man in red showing off to his friends with little bursts of fire, an old man in green and brown whose beard seems to be growing leaves...the crowd around the tiefling was exotic indeed, but he'd grown used to it. Just another day in the Blinded Eye.

It took about fifteen minutes to reach the library in the Hall. The library was vast, of course, with a high, vaulted cieling and huge Gothic double doors. Shelves crammed the room, with books of all sorts crowding every inch of space. In some places they were ordered neatly on labeled shelves, in tohers they lay haphazardly where previous readers had marooned them, and in more than a few places, the books were chained down, to desks or shelves or lecterns. And old man in a black suit with silver trim, his hair swept back and turning an elegant grey at the temples, sweeps over to Tyndmyr--the librarian, Sir Sorian. There were all kinds of rumors about Sorian, of course--he's a vampire, he's a guardian demon bound to the library, he was the archmage of an academy before the Tippies, he's a forgotten god of magic...He gives Tyndmyr the tiniest of smiles. "Is there something you require my assistance to locate?"

gdiddy
2009-10-02, 02:43 PM
(Rrek to D'Ooxcv:)

::All that is left is another question. What am I to do to stop the Baron from finding us? Forgive my insolence! With my task and companions I will leave as soon as night falls.::

Was it night right now? Rrek didn't know.

Kallisti
2009-10-02, 02:45 PM
:Whatever you must. Distract him. Give him a red herring. Steal his notes, sabotage his magic telescope. I imagine slaying him would present quite a bit of difficulty...:

gdiddy
2009-10-02, 02:54 PM
::It is done even as it is requested.::

Rrek turned on his heel and left to find the poor thrall, Dornan. Excited at some amount of change, he walked briskly down the hall, his mind turning to the Beast in the Darkness. The music he had heard before got stuck in his head as he did so. Soft, gentle piping that seemed to keep up with the gate of his step. Dornan, and then the boy.

Kallisti
2009-10-02, 03:03 PM
The thrall caverns have always been eerie. Ranks and ranks of people and things standing, staring off into the darkness, never moving, not so much as a twitch. In the darkness, an illithid or two glides, a great and terrible bat among the sheep, choosing the tastiest and fattest ones and dragging their prey off. But it doesn't matter. These people are the good, loyal citizens. They were born and bred to be sheep preyed upon by their superiors. The illithid just make it take less time. Isn't that a kinder fate? Finding Dornan wasn't hard. He just had to walk over to the named-thralls, then down the row to D. Dornan was...big. Very big. He must have been at least seven feet. He looked like...an ogre, maybe? A very small hill giant? He had a club the size of a giant's walking staff strapped to his back. He shook himself as though waking up from a bad dream when Rrek approached him. "Yuh?"

gdiddy
2009-10-02, 03:30 PM
He is so large...D'Ooxcv had a cruel sense of humor.

Rrek felt honestly saddened. This poor thing will be a beacon if he's spotted anywhere near us. Most likely too dull to hide himself or even lie. It wouldn't take much to realize what he is or who he belongs to. He'd lead them straight back to Q'r'hraain.

...I wonder if he'd kill himself if I ordered him to? No. Then I would be no better than these bats among the sheep. Maybe he doesn't speak Old or Newspeak. That would buy us some time if he were captured... Enough time to perhaps give the beast the mercy they were denying him by taking him from this place.

In Giant: "Dornan, the Masters have a mission for us. But first, tell me if you understand the following words"

In Newspeak: "I unbellyfeel your lifearea, citizen."

Regardless of the great thrall's answers, he beckons him forward and goes to find the liberated human, hoping that his third companion might be strong enough to kill Dornan if necessary.

Kallisti
2009-10-02, 03:35 PM
The thrall shakes himself again, like a dog coming in from the rain. ""Unbellyfeel your life area...um...unbellyfeel is not understand...lifearea is life or way of life? My newspeak needs work and I'm a bit groggy...""

gdiddy
2009-10-02, 03:49 PM
Rrek looked sheepishly around for any Illithids who had just heard his thoughts. He was positive he could hear them tittering in the back of his mind. He tried his best to hide his hatred for the slavers he allied himself with.

That is good enough. We'll need to be very careful. If anyone uses words you don't understand, tell them to talk to me and that you've been hit in the head. Come. Walk with me and tell me your story, so I may know Dornan. We must gather our third ally and be gone soon. Do you need anything before we leave? Food, perhaps?

Kallisti
2009-10-02, 03:53 PM
"All right. That sounds like a good plan. Thank you for asking, but no, I don't need any food. They feed me before they start a preservation cycle, so effectively I just ate. My story? My story is a simple one. I was a workhorse for the Tippies. I fled. I made a deal with the illithid--they made me dangerous. Now I'm a weapon. I sleep here in the armory when I'm not needed. It's hardly the most exciting life, but at least I get a small taste of vengeance against the Party. It is enough to content me."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-02, 05:27 PM
Arvas roused, awaking swiftly from hs light slumber. He didn't sleep deeply anymore. He didn't like his dreams, and his former Master's could find the plane at any time. The moment they did, Arvas would be gone. He'd already planned two or three escape routes.

"I need to stop thinking about this."

With that, the Swordsage roused, quickly dressed and armed himself. He then headed straight for where ever food was dispensed. He would eat, and then he would find out what the plans were to continue this pointless exercise they called life. He smiled as he walked out the doo.

"Better then the alternative, though."

A'den
2009-10-03, 01:59 PM
Heron crouched outside one of the thrall cells watching the woman inside, a good sized dollop of drool was threatening to fall on her chest. Her blue eyes were unfocused hardly aware of the bars of her cage, he doubted if he opened her cage door whether she would even realize the door was open. He hesitated another moment then sat back on his heels and stood up just another strangeness in the world outside. He couldn't stop himself from thinking that way, he had gone from a life of quiet study and martial perfection in a sorceress's demiplane, unaware of the boundaries of his existence to this. The journey had been unsettling between his first steps into the new world and the choices that brought him to the illithids.

If there were any gods left it would of been a rich joke that the only allies willing to take him in were abominations. But he would hug a illithid before going to Tippy.

Thinking of the Illithid reminded him why he was with them to begin with and had been interrupted during his morning meditation with their mental summons. Heron left the woman in the cage, the door locked, his soul would be stained black before this was done. The mental image of the Githzerai floated in his mind he set off through the warren looking for him when he finally came upon the greenskin and the largest thrall he had seen yet.

Heron waited a moment watching the two allies, how long before he ever saw a human face again not slack jawed and unaware.

"Hello I believe you're looking for me." [Common] His deep voice was even louder in a place where telepathy was the new common.

Kallisti
2009-10-03, 02:06 PM
The ogre looks over to Heron, and his face brightens. "You must be the third. This is him, right, master Rrek? Excellent. Now we can get a move on. It's been a while..."

Kallisti
2009-10-03, 02:13 PM
Zimselixithuricon's eyelids snapped open, and he surged up from his cot. Heart pounding, he glanced around his room. Seeing nothing amiss, he stretched and tried to clear his mind. It had been just another dream. Donning his armor and grabbing his gear, he left his room to inquire about today's assignments.

Arvas roused, awaking swiftly from hs light slumber. He didn't sleep deeply anymore. He didn't like his dreams, and his former Master's could find the plane at any time. The moment they did, Arvas would be gone. He'd already planned two or three escape routes.

"I need to stop thinking about this."

With that, the Swordsage roused, quickly dressed and armed himself. He then headed straight for where ever food was dispensed. He would eat, and then he would find out what the plans were to continue this pointless exercise they called life. He smiled as he walked out the doo.

"Better then the alternative, though."

(OOC: Needs moar plot. Here goes...)

The granite halls of Safe Haven were beginning to fill with people, heading to the mess halls, the armories, the library. The day was beginning, and soon CrimeThInc would open for business. The voice of Jack Narron, the leader of the entire CrimeThInc cell, whispered along the halls, carried magically for his daily report. You're never going to believe this. Everyone meet in the main mess in an hour. Boy, have I got a story for you...

A'den
2009-10-03, 02:14 PM
Heron's fist curled until his knuckles cracked in his right hand in a very satisfying way.

"So what's our plan? Without all of us getting killed or re-educated preferrably."

Kallisti
2009-10-03, 02:16 PM
The ogre shrugged. "I know we're currently trying to get the wizard-Baron of Hopefulness off of our backs. I know a direct assault would be suicide. So I'm assuming we sabotage his magic telescope, steal his notes and replace them with forges copies, or just make a distraction big enough to distract and then run for it."

gdiddy
2009-10-03, 02:33 PM
A man. There was definitely something wrong about him, but Rrek was not sure what. The yellow-skinned creature politely bows. He tries to smile and replies:

"I believe so, Dornan. I am Rrek who has no family, and thus no family name. And this is Dornan, who will hopefully cease calling me master. What is your name and why do you fight? I am growing...fatigued by the grandeur of our hosts."

We will move with all haste to leave. As they walk, Rrek pulls out his disguise kit and begins pasting on human skin-toned makeup on his hands and face with the aid of a tiny mirror.

Any transit time will be used to take a 20 on disguise a check to change minor details and appear as a tall human.

Edit: missed you guys posting. Dialogue fixed.

Kallisti
2009-10-03, 02:36 PM
So you're heading for the exit of the caves?

gdiddy
2009-10-03, 02:38 PM
(Yes. Unless there's a portal or something.)

Kallisti
2009-10-03, 02:42 PM
No. I was just confirming.

The tunnels are long, twisted, and crazed, and the way curls and twists crazily. Even heading for the surface, so many of the tunnels slope down. But soon enough, the light is seen ahead. The tunnel's mouth emerges through the thin gossamer veil of a simple illusion, and out into the light of day. In the distance, the sculpted marble city of Hopefulness is shining like a sea-polished pebble in the sandy waves of the hills with their yellowed grass.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-03, 03:08 PM
Arvas looked up at the broadcast, before shrugging and continuing on. His only reaction was to hurry up a little, wanting to make it to the Mess before the crowds made it in.

Let's see what amazing discovery we've found now...

Arvas sighed, and just hurried on.

gdiddy
2009-10-03, 03:14 PM
As he fixes a regulation pageboy haircut wig atop his painted bald head, Rrek looks at Hopefulness with a look of sadness.

"Know this, companions. Beauty is shameful when it is the tool of wickedness. If we are stopped, we must have an alibi, one that is above question. We're here here to see the temple of Big Brother and possibly submit ourselves to his service. If anyone stares at you, think only of Big Brother and how much you love him. When we're in the city, we'll know what is possible and what is not. Most importantly, you must not think of killing the baron inside the city. He may have spells and protections to alert him of any thoughts like this."

As he is saying this, he motions with his hands, tracing patterns in the air lazily. A dull purple light envelopes him in quick flashes as he ends each motion, but the faint whistles of a distant flute seem to be carried on the wind throughout the process.

Casts every invocation he has, giving him +6 to Knowledge Planes, Religion, and Arcana, as well as Jump, Tumble, Climb, Balance, Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy (as reflected on his sheet). He also now has concealment against ranged attacks and immunity to being tracked. This is for 24 hours.

"Now, gentlemen. Let us set about this day's work."

A'den
2009-10-03, 03:25 PM
"My name is Heron by the way." The shorter man said after a moment taking a deep breath of the fresh air. One tended to forget how much the caves stank like death until they were on the surface.

Using the meditative techniques Heron was long accustomed for use in warding off the bizarreness of their hosts Heron emptied his thoughts and assumed a stance called Nothingness, his thoughts emptied he was merely receptive to the moment and aware of his surroundings.

The fresh air tasted sweet he walked at Rrek's side.

No real action just role play based on his Ki background.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-03, 07:39 PM
Zimselexithuricon listened to the announcement with interest. What could have gotten Narron so excited? He set off for the mess, stopping occasionally to greet friends and ask if they knew what the announcement was about.

Tyndmyr
2009-10-03, 08:54 PM
There were all kinds of rumors about Sorian, of course--he's a vampire, he's a guardian demon bound to the library, he was the archmage of an academy before the Tippies, he's a forgotten god of magic...He gives Tyndmyr the tiniest of smiles. "Is there something you require my assistance to locate?"

Tyndmyr pauses for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts. He wasn't able to escape the dark foreboding that no matter how well cloaked this place was, he'd eventually need to leave it's walls. He asked, "Well, I've only been here a short time; I was hoping to learn of how the Tippites took over so completely, and what, if anything, was useful in stopping them."

Kallisti
2009-10-03, 09:48 PM
Sorian gives Tyndmyr a nod. "That'd be the histories." He reaches into the fold of his robe and draws out three small sheets of paper--one red, one grey, and one midnight blue. With astonishingly deft hands, he quickly forms them into a simple paper lantern, with the grey paper inside, folded and rolled into a candle. He draws a small flint from a pocket and lights the paper lantern before handing it to Tyndmyr. "Here. This will guide you."

gdiddy
2009-10-04, 01:42 AM
When Heron speaks, Rrek stares at him for a long time.

"Heron." He repeats the man's name in the same tone he spoke it, nodding and committing it to memory.

"You are a human? I confess, I cannot tell. Though I suppose someone might wonder the same of me, as I am now. When I look at you, though, I know you do not belong here. Even the grass under your feet seems to recoil from your touch. You have traveled the planes to get to this wretched place or else returned from a long journey amongst them? I would love to know more of both of you. Should any of us fall, our memory would continue in the others. Among my people, it is said that death is the fate of the unknown. The known may endure. and in enduring grow strong. Dornan, Heron; what are the two of you? What do you wish to endure beyond your deaths?"

Rrek smiles helpfully as he asks these questions. You get the impression that he's very lonely and there is something else nagging at him.

A'den
2009-10-04, 04:34 AM
Heron found himself opening his mouth to simply agree but instead words began to pour out, he had forgetten how much he missed conversing with someone who didn't just think of their own power or drooled more often than spoke. He nodded his head.

"If our actions at least awaken a few people to the bars of their own cages, then we have done something worth remembrance. My story..." He paused for a moment, feeling the grass through his feet. "I was born in what I had thought been a small village in my ancient homelands and given to a monk for training. In reality, this reality, I was the experiment of a sorceress called Erana. I'm not sure why but she created a demiplane ensconced in an Antimagic sphere somehow she thought too create something different... beyond that I didn't know her purposes. I was raised with a set of morals that seemed sound and accepted and honorable only to awaken in this world and be the outcast. Now I am perhaps the last human with honor or the outcast, but I know what my gut tells me what is going on here and in the rest of the world is wrong. Wrong enough that killing would be worth stopping it."

He looked at Rrek he could sense a feeling kindred souls, not with any special power that would of been the great Foe's way but simply by the inflection of Rrek's voice.

"If we die then we'll be remembered as the men who shook the pillars of creation."

gdiddy
2009-10-04, 01:50 PM
Rrek smiled at Heron's passion. "It is known, Brother Heron. A 'monk'. By another name, my people walked the middle path once. However, it was one that lead them to darkness and ultimately ended them."

Rrek grew quiet for a time, gathering his thoughts.

"If I am to fall, I wish it to be known that I am the the success of my people. This one is the last Githzerai to ever call another master. Our freedom is ensured forever through our extinction. It is known."

He turned to the large companion.

"And you, Dornan, what shall endure beyond you, should you fall? The great Anarchic Giants of Lia'sam Spire were allies and trade partners with my monastery. They were a very different people than yours, however. You have a giant's look about you, and you speak the tongue of one, but I do not know your people."

Kallisti
2009-10-04, 02:46 PM
Dornan shrugs. "Neither do I know of those peoples. I was born a slave. I shall die with the blood of those who would rule me on my hands. There is no more to tell."

gdiddy
2009-10-04, 04:18 PM
"It is good and known. Well said, and something I think is true of all of this. I apologize if we bore you, Dornan. We are just trying to prepare ourselves for the dangers ahead and get bonus RP XP."

OoC: Motion for Time skip?

Kallisti
2009-10-04, 10:59 PM
(Since the conversation appears to be wearing out...)

As you get closer to the city's north gate, you can begin to make out the carvings and arabesques that turn the walls into twenty-foot works of art. A nervous-looking young man in armor of chalky blue-green metal stands guard at the gate, and parked to the side you can see a black steamcar with the initials SSAT emblazoned on the side in white.

gdiddy
2009-10-04, 11:15 PM
Doubleplusgood day guardian. The city is open to lovetrav(pilgrimage) today?Rrek turned his mind to think only of Big Brother and how much he loves the great being. Big Brother alone made life worth living. Big Brother was fulfillment.

Is there any forms to complete for entry?

A'den
2009-10-05, 12:10 PM
If Heron hadn't kept his face blank and surface thoughts focused on his excitement for the pilgrimage and love of Big Brother he might of frowned. The Special Spells and Tactics squad car was not something to be expected for normal guard duty, he always thought of them more as shock troops, used when needed. These deep thoughts were obscured by the flush of love he managed to fill in his head for Big Brother.

The sheer fact that one had to do this made him want to vomit. He cleared away the thought and let Rrek do the talking, he kept his eyes low and his head slightly bent forward like any supple servant.

Kallisti
2009-10-05, 01:21 PM
The guard gives you a distracted look. "I'll need to see your IDs, but there's no forms."

Kallisti
2009-10-05, 01:32 PM
(In the CrimeThInc Safe Haven)

The crowd in the mess was pressed close and packed tight--CrimeThInc was a sizeable group. The hall was divided by fifty stone tables, simple slabs of granite with carved benches. On one table stood a handsome man in fine red clothes--Jack Narron, the leader of CrimeThInc. He could barely contain his smile. "We all here? Excellent. You're going to love this story. It's--well, I'll just have to tell it, won't I? So. Yesterday, as some of you already know, I was trying to get some sensitive documents from a tiefling named Inesares. I got him drunk and searched his house, but it turns out he hadn't quite finished what I wanted. So I planted a business card on him, with a Sending spell in it, and released him into the wilderness, knowing my card would eventually come into the hands of some policemen or other. Sooner than I'd expected, I get a Sending from some SSAT officers, pretending to be rebels interested in doing business. It's perfect--I'm luring them into a trap, and they think they're luring me into a trap. So I send a poppet with a conjured air elemental inside to do the talking for me, they ambush it, and even now five of SSAt's finest are getting their asses kicked by an elemental, thinking they'd ambushed me. Now, if that's not a funny story, I don't know what is. I now return you to your meals, friends."

gdiddy
2009-10-05, 01:44 PM
Rrek handed over the trio's Q'r'hraain-issued IDs.

To prevent the guard from looking at them too closely, he began speaking:

Bluff to give guard a penalty to spot abnormalities: [roll0]

Is everything good officer? Is the city safe right now? He glanced over at the SSAT car.

Big Brother give those brave souls strength, I know I could not do what they do. They do the Party good service.

Kallisti
2009-10-05, 01:46 PM
The guard examined the papers. "Hmm? Oh, everything's fine, mostly. The SSAT folks found one of the local businessmen drunk in the forest two hundred miles from town, and they have reason to belive CrimeThInc was involved, but they've got everything under control now. Go on through, citizens. Hail Big Brother!"

gdiddy
2009-10-05, 02:06 PM
Hail Big Brother! Rrek walked forward into the city, and gave a quick glance around before break his concentration. How funny a piece of paper could give him access to something the combined power of his companions could not. He snapped his thoughts to Big Brother as best he could.

Hmm...I suppose we should go take a gander at this mage's observatory. If that proves impossible, we could use the furor over CrimeThInc as a distraction and draw the attention off of us for a time.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-05, 02:31 PM
Zimselexithuricon sat at one of the tables as he thought about what Jack had said. He liked that they were taking some meaningful action against the SSAT, but worried that this trap could easily backfire. The Tippies were not to be meddled with lightly.

With these thoughts weighing heavily on his mind, he stood up to seek breakfast.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-05, 05:01 PM
Arvas didn't stop eating, just sighing. Still more utterly childish displays. Even if the SSAT team was killed, it wouldn't do anything. Of course, Arvas didn't know what would, but he was a fan of doing nothing when there was nothing productive to be done.

One day his fondness for tricks is going to get us in trouble.

However, until that day, this Demiplane was the safest haven he could find, and he would dwell here until the moment (hopefully) before the last possible moment. It wasn't worth having his soul ripped out, but it was a damn sight better then the sewers.

A'den
2009-10-06, 01:54 AM
Heron moved along silently until they were out of earshot he looked over at his companion. Careful to keep his surface thoughts focused on Big Brother he spoke this sort of mental static was almost second nature by now.

"Yes, we should get a look at the place do a walk around then see what we can learn inside once its dark out, meanwhile we should find someplace that'll do to hole up in, a good dive preferably with hot sake, I haven't had a good drink in a while."

gdiddy
2009-10-06, 02:21 AM
Rrek was speaking in Oldspeak(Common), but quietly.

Drink? I will not partake, but I have no objection. Not too much, though, we cannot afford untidy minds. There should be adequate places in the Prole-area. There first, or should we stroll through the city now, while there is no suspicion? At night, we will need business and lies to avoid problems. Now, we have at least the excuse that we're "lost" pilgrims trying to find lodging in the Prole-area.

A'den
2009-10-06, 03:38 PM
"That sounds about right, what I mean is we need to appear nonchalant, casual. Scoping out the observatory may get us noticed, spending part of the day in a dive or hell will let us blend in with the rest of the proles. What better way to blind yourself to a crappy existence then some libations? I'm not insinuating getting drunk before we go in."

gdiddy
2009-10-06, 03:45 PM
More than fair: we will be proles then. To the bar, companions.

Tyndmyr
2009-10-07, 10:41 PM
Tyndmyr nodded his thanks to Sorian, then looked at the fragile, flammable lantern with trepidation. He shrugged softly, and padded off down the vast, silent aisles in search of the histories.

A'den
2009-10-08, 03:38 PM
Heron nodded as the walked down the streets into the Prole district. Heron spoke up discreetly as they moved through the crowded warren. "We need to find someone who knows the city a bit better maybe we can find out about the layout of some buildings around the focus of our interest."

gdiddy
2009-10-08, 05:13 PM
Rrek weighed the idea. Most any guide would be a liability. The trio was not typical and would be easily identified if any help they recruited was false. Looking around he noticed a piece of CrimeThInc graffiti on an alley wall. A conspiratorial thought entered Rrek's mind, and his voice became even lower.

Hmm...this CrimeThInc. If we could somehow contact them and received their help, our task might be easier. Besides, it will likely be blamed on them anyway. They might at least have a part in it, so that the conclusions of the Enemy might be justified.

Kallisti
2009-10-08, 10:00 PM
Tyndmyr nodded his thanks to Sorian, then looked at the fragile, flammable lantern with trepidation. He shrugged softly, and padded off down the vast, silent aisles in search of the histories.
The lantern, flaming softly, lifts from Sorian's hands and bobs and weaves through the vast maze of shelves and tomes, always remaining just slightly ahead of Tyndmyr. After what could have been minutes, hours, or even days of walking, the tiny paper guide settles onto a shelf. The shelves tower, vast wooden monoliths, with books crammed haphazardly onto each row. A single plaque on the shelf reads: Histories: From earliest recorded pre-Tippy until present day

Kallisti
2009-10-10, 12:23 PM
And, since the plot is apparently not going to kick itself off sandbox-style, it's time for a little plot nudge.

CrimeThInc:
Jack sits down, beaming with the sheer pleasure of having pulled off another of his infamous tricks...then suddenly jerks back in his chair. "Oh, no. That's bad." He turns to the assembled CrimeThInc members. "I can't believe this. They managed to hypnotize my elementals. Looks like a Hypnotic Pattern...well, that complicates things a little bit. We can't have SSAT wandering around the city, especially not if they'll be on their guard. So, how about...hmm...you, you, and...you go. Kill them, trick them, whatever you can manage, but get them off our backs. All right?" With each "you," he points at one of the CrimeThInc members in the hall, selecting Arvas, a slender half-elf in blue and black robes, and Zimselexithuricon. (The plot train has pulled into station 9&3/4. All aboard for the Tippyverse...)

The Blinded Eye:
A voice whispers and echoes through the porphyrian halls and marble vaults, through the vast carven rooms and palaces and libraries. "Come. All of you, all of you, come." The voice was instantly known to the men and women in the complex--the Sybil? The Sybil is summoning everyone?(Look! On the horizon! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Plothook Man!)

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-10, 03:03 PM
Arvas sighed, resignedly downing the rest of his Porridge, and just shaking his head.

"Thank you so much for this honor, leader."

His tone, and the roll of his eyes made it obvious that he wasn't quite being sincere. He wandered over to the Half-Elf, and Zim as well, sighing.

"I'm ready to go right now. Unless you guys need some equipmwnr, let's get going."

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-11, 04:34 PM
"I'm ready to go now," Zimselexithuricon responded, looking over the other two. " I'm Zimselexithuricon, but most people just call me Tucker; what are your names?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-11, 04:40 PM
Arvas nodded.

"Arvas. Let's get going then, unless you need something."

He inclined his head to the Half-Elf.

A'den
2009-10-12, 01:33 PM
Heron looked at what Rrek was talking about, "Perhaps, we might be able to find out more in the more seedier parts of town."

Kallisti
2009-10-12, 10:12 PM
The half-elf inclines a head to Tucker. "A pleasure. They call me Oliander. I believe I'm ready to go whenever you are."

Tyndmyr
2009-10-12, 10:14 PM
Tyndmyr looks longingly at the history shelf, then begins to pick his way back out quickly, not wishing to be slow to answer the Sybil's call. He does try to count his steps on the way out though, both to more easily locate this spot again without needing to ask again for help, and to try to get a rough idea of the size of this impressive place.

Kallisti
2009-10-12, 10:18 PM
Tyndmyr looks longingly at the history shelf, then begins to pick his way back out quickly, not wishing to be slow to answer the Sybil's call. He does try to count his steps on the way out though, both to more easily locate this spot again without needing to ask again for help, and to try to get a rough idea of the size of this impressive place.

As Tyndmyr walks away, he hears a crinkling sound from the shelf behind him--the little paper lantern is folding itself and changing. It quickly becomes a paper crane, and flies into the air, catching up to Tyndmyr, then folding back into its lantern form. It begins to lead him back again, out through the labyrinth of wood and ink, past what seems like miles of shelves. Even with the most conservative estimate, from the Histories to the entrance must be a fifth of a mile, possibly even a quarter--or more.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-13, 11:24 AM
Zimselexithuricon looks around quizzically and says, "So, where in the city are we supposed to find these SSAT, and what is our plan for dealing with them?"

gdiddy
2009-10-13, 06:03 PM
Well, we'll certainly find such a place in the Prole section of town. I doubt they're monitored the same way Party establishments are.

Rrek led the way through the city, heading toward Prole-area, trying to take in the area around himself. He didn't want to get lost and he was looking for an establishment where the three of them would be ignored for the most part.

Oslecamo
2009-10-14, 03:28 PM
As Rrek enters the Prole-Area, a figure emerges from a dark alley. It looks like a normal warrior...Now, perhaps a mercenary would be more fiting. His armor is a worn out studded leather and at his back rests an old wooden shield. His right hand holds the grip of a stil sheated scimitar. His eyes and hair are brown, not showing any sign of exoticness, yet when you look at them they seem specially deep, as the eyes of someone who was witnessed a lot already in his life.

Greetings traveler...You've also heard the voices? Do you also march against the servants of Big Brother?

I'm Arthas, once a soldier of Tippy, today an enlightened servant of the Q'r'hraain. Our enemies are common, so the voices told me how to find you... And I brought another friend with me.

With those last words, from behind Arthas comes a snarl, and forward steps a gigantic monstruous bat that barely fits in the alley, covered in studded leather barding.

I call him Flufy. So, will you acept our aid? I can track those SSAT before next sunrise.

The DM gave me the green light to enter, so here I am!

Just need to finish preparing the spell list.

gdiddy
2009-10-14, 04:05 PM
DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?

This man and his "friend" were obviously insane. But how did they find me? What voices did he speak of? Rrek thought about voices, shadowy and alien. This was an ally. Rrek knew no double agent would risk such a beast or such heresy. Speaking of things that existed beyond the Far Realm was dangerous and invited their presence.

I march no where. Those that march are all dead. We merely hide like fowl before the fox. While I bear them no love, the SSAT are not my immediate concern. We much first safeguard our allies, and then move forward.

Rrek looked the madman and his pet over again.

Is there...anyway to hide that...friend?

Oslecamo
2009-10-14, 04:51 PM
Arthas smirks.

It knows how to hide itself well. Anyway, there's plenty of abandoned buildings around here, where one can seek shelter for resting. I and my friend are both good watchfull sentries if you need to rest.

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!

Well, DoW jokes aside, the dire bat has +4 to hide and +11 to move silently, so it can hide by itself relatively well if needed.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-14, 06:53 PM
"Well, we can work out a plan on the way to the city," says Zimselexithuricon, turning and beginning to walk out of the mess hall.

gdiddy
2009-10-15, 11:18 PM
Lead the way, friend Arthas. Tell us about yourself on the way.

OoC: Time Jump, please.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-15, 11:20 PM
Arvas followed Zim quietly.

Kallisti
2009-10-15, 11:27 PM
Lead the way, friend Arthas. Tell us about yourself on the way.

OoC: Time Jump, please.

As the small group moved across the granite streets, the fine marble and alabaster facades began to grow less grand, giving way to simple granite and slate. The streets were obscured by filth and garbage, and in the alleyways lay battered-looking, grungy men with ill-shaven hair, murmering to themselves under their breath. The companions soon enough came across a tumbledown building with a wooden door carved roughly and crudely to fit the frame. The damp-rottred wooden sign hanging above the door has an exquisitely painted seahorse on it, obscured in places by the damp spots and where the paint peeled or ran. The craftsmanship of the painting seems at odds with the squalor of the building, but such is the lot of the proles. Fine things decayed and glories long forgotten.

gdiddy
2009-10-15, 11:39 PM
Rrek walked into the building, eying those within it. Threats? He wasn't sure. He immediately sat down at a table near the bartender and brought a gold coin with BB's sigil out of his pocket and placed it down on the table.

Hail Big Brother. I pluswant water, please. And a bottle of victory spirits for my friends, as well.

Tyndmyr
2009-10-15, 11:41 PM
As Tyndmyr walks away, he hears a crinkling sound from the shelf behind him--the little paper lantern is folding itself and changing. It quickly becomes a paper crane, and flies into the air, catching up to Tyndmyr, then folding back into its lantern form. It begins to lead him back again, out through the labyrinth of wood and ink, past what seems like miles of shelves. Even with the most conservative estimate, from the Histories to the entrance must be a fifth of a mile, possibly even a quarter--or more.

Tyndmyr hurries along through the towering stacks, wondering how such a vast collection could have been amassed without attracting attention somewhere...but thankful that it did. The vast amount of knowledge cataloged within those tomes would no doubt prove priceless, and he couldn't wait to begin his learning anew without the many hinderances found in normal society. As he neared his destination, following the gathering masses of wizardry, he found himself wondering what the Sybil could have to tell them of such importance that all needed to hear it.

Kallisti
2009-10-15, 11:56 PM
Tyndmyr hurries along through the towering stacks, wondering how such a vast collection could have been amassed without attracting attention somewhere...but thankful that it did. The vast amount of knowledge cataloged within those tomes would no doubt prove priceless, and he couldn't wait to begin his learning anew without the many hinderances found in normal society. As he neared his destination, following the gathering masses of wizardry, he found himself wondering what the Sybil could have to tell them of such importance that all needed to hear it.

As Tyndmyr entered the vast Hall, he saw the wizards of the Circle standing on a floating disk of stone, high above the crowd, surrounding an old, old woman with milky-white, blind eyes--the Sybil. She turns her blank gaze out over the crowd...and right onto Tyndmyr. Her eyes linger eerily on Tyndmyr's face a moment too long, then she turns to the crowd, and croaks in an awful, dry, cracked voice "The lost must be found, and the found lost, or madness shall encompass all. Go you, friends! Go you, foes! Go you, all between, and fulfill this charge! By the pricking of my breast, they come from east into the west...though magic bar and black the way, they shall find the wizard's way...'gainst obedience's might they shall persist to restore the power of Penombra's crown...twine the true realms with the Worlds of Men when the first world's found again!" Her eyes drift back to Tyndmyr again. "Tyndmyr, wise one--jackdaw fool! Though tongue be kind, heart may be cruel!" Then she collapses. The silence that falls over the hall is like a tidal wave...

Oslecamo
2009-10-16, 05:35 PM
Ah, I never refuse a drink!-says Arthas, taking whatever drink the bartender brings him and gulping it one go.

Well, now that my throat isn't sore anymore I guess I can tell you a litle about me.-now his voice drops to a whisper so only his new allies can hear-I really can't remember much of my youth, but I remember enlisting in the Big Brother's army, for the Far Realm campaign. Wanted to gain glory in war, to slay the enemies of the Big Brother and come back a hero as I always dreamed.

But it wasn't glorious, and it wasn't a dream. It was an awfull nightmare. Things...Just work in a diferent way there. We were well supplied with magical supplies, but they had a terrible habit of misworking. Even the food traps weren't safe. Those who survived had to learn the obsolete war methods. Cooking and conserving food by ourselves, sharpening our weapons by hand, creating traps with nonmagical materials...It's impressive what we can come up with when we're desesperate.

We also quickly discovered the gate that had carried us to the Far Realm was one way only. Expendable carriers delivered the messages to us. Hehe I still remember the look on those kid's faces when they realized they couldn't go back. I still wonder if Tippy even cared about what hapened to us or if we were simply canon fodder to keep the Far Realm horrors distracted.

So it was fight or die. Altough I think a lot of us prefered to day. We didn't measure the time by hours but by the number of our casualities. Sometimes people just vanished in thin air! Other times they were killed right in front of us in ways too gruesome to be described...

Untill one day it was my turn. I was in a patrol to investigate an explosion we had seen recently, when I was separated from my group by an unknown force. The memories of what happens them are too fragmented. Not the kind of thing our brains are ready to understand. I think I was destroyed and rebuilt several times, as if they were studying me.

Anyway, it was then I started hearing the voices. They told me I would be an agent for them. They would give me the ability to channel their power in this plane, to call their servants to do my bidding.

When I woke up I was at the hands of the tippies. Real wizards. They told me I was a hero for having destroyed an enemy base. I couldn't remember very well what had hapened. I think they tried to mindrape me, but the voices were still there.

I was sent back to the material plane and called a hero. Not a very big thing actualy. Nice pension, and you can then find some corner to rot as they have no more use for you. A corner where the voices haunt you...The voices guided me to the Q'r'hraain, wich showed me the light and taught me how to control my far real connection. I did some jobs since then wich I would prefer to keep private, and then the voices guided me to you and.

So, what about you?

My dire bat will be hidden somewhere outside the building, but in shout range so it comes when needed. If possible hide in some place whitout line of sight to the street.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Kallisti
2009-10-16, 05:45 PM
"Well, we can work out a plan on the way to the city," says Zimselexithuricon, turning and beginning to walk out of the mess hall.

The three rebels soon came, through the square halls of granite, to a simple stone door, at the end of a long hallway. Tiny shimmers on the cieling gave away the positions of the illusion-covered murder holes, and the three stepped with care to avoid the many trips and snares concealed and cast into the hall. Soon enough, however, they reached the door. Oliander murmered this week's passcode--"Inlyw shu wossyk suu shu sresh," Elven for "Only the wicked see the truth"--and the door swung outward, revealing a thin veil of turquoise energy, shimmering and twisting, winding through a hundred thousand subtle shades. "Shall we, o brave companions?" asked the half-elf with a self-assured half-smile.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-16, 05:47 PM
Arvas shook his head, and sighed. What was it with this group and theatrics?

"Let's get this over with."

Arvas sighed, and stepped through the veil of Turquoise.

Kallisti
2009-10-16, 05:50 PM
The stech hit Arvas like a blow from an ogre's club. He found himself standing on a marble 'sidewalk', in a great round tunnel. Where the street would be on the city's surface was a sickening green river of sludge. You'd think that a Purify Food and Drink trap for the water would be easy to do, but the Baron apparently never got around to it. The faint sound of water dripping in the distance echoed eerily in the fetid air, like distant footsteps or a dying heartbeat.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-17, 08:41 AM
Seconds later, Zimselexithruicon materialized next to Arvas. The kobold looked around and sighed, "Lets get out of here; I can hardly think in this stench."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-17, 06:07 PM
Arvas smiled at Zim, not visibly bothered by the Stench. After all, he had elected to live in a place very much like this, prior to finding CrimethInc.

"Really?"

Arvas sighed, looking up and down the tunnel for a way out.

Kallisti
2009-10-17, 06:09 PM
A shaft of light ahead revealed the location of a manhole. Although what the citizens would think about two men climbing out of the street...

gdiddy
2009-10-18, 02:53 AM
That...is a tale. I wish I had one to match it. I was a boy and a warrior in training for my people. Then I was an orphan. Now I am a slave to powers greater than myself. ...Now I dedicate my life to Big Brother.

Rrek said the last as the bartender grew close, checking on them.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-19, 02:04 PM
Zimselexithuricon edged toward the light, trying to get a peek outside the sewers while remaining hidden.

Ormagoden
2009-10-19, 08:40 PM
Amidst the silenced crowd the dark skinned man watched the wizards' circle above. The familiar faces of his masters he knew; the old crone however, she was unfamiliar to him. He shifted his weight uncomfortably as he watched the circle above. The silence of all lingering like a miasma over the crowd.

He was keen enough to see who the old woman's pale eyes lingered on. Even amongst the crowd he turned his gaze towards whom she spoke. His single pale eye weighing the subject and half mimicking her vacant stare. Curiosity came to him... {Who is this person.?} he asked himself. {Why do they deserve such attention.?} He allowed his scrutinizing scowl to fade into a smirk. More than likely the person couldn't handle whatever task they were given. {If they fail, maybe I will be chosen next.}

Almost expectantly he looked to his teachers and masters above. He felt a nervousness come over him, and adjusted that strand of white hair falling from his brow. The shock of white waved gently and fell in place next to the other straight strands of black. Hands moving to the pommels of the twin bastard swords at his side; He began to feel a sweat on his palm. He didn't know the cause as he glanced from his hands back to the circle high above. {What is this pressure I feel...}

gdiddy
2009-10-20, 04:26 PM
Rrek looked around the bar and tried to engage in conversation, but felt uneasy.

He reached inside himself and as discreetly as possible, scanned the bar for any magical presence.

Detect Magic all corners of the bar. I don't think the rounds matter. He's mostly worried about Contingencies or strong transmutation.

Kallisti
2009-10-20, 06:26 PM
Rrek looked around the bar and tried to engage in conversation, but felt uneasy.

He reached inside himself and as discreetly as possible, scanned the bar for any magical presence.

Detect Magic all corners of the bar. I don't think the rounds matter. He's mostly worried about Contingencies or strong transmutation.

You don't see much, Residual background magic, transmutation from the bar's Create Food and Water trap, and a few of the more well-to-do have the minor evocation auras on their hands that would seem to indicate paging rings. And the auras of your companions, of course. (I'd need to hunt through their character sheets to find out what they read, so unless you actually care...)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Next group)
A tiny, reedy voice whispers from the stricken Sybil, barely audible even in the hall. "Prop me up." Silently, the nearest mage, face hidden beneath the heavy cowl of the Circle, helps her to her feet. Her blank eyes wander the hall for a moment. "I cannot find him, but he is here. I know. S'idiq, warrior, wizards' child, a gilt cage's prisoner may yet be wild..." And she slips into uncosciousness. The mage lowers her carefully to the ground, then turns to address the crowd. "I believe we're done here. You may all go."

Tyndmyr
2009-10-20, 10:18 PM
Tyndmyr glanced behind him, briefly entertaining the doomed hope that there just might happen to be someone else with the same name present for the Sybil to be speaking to. No such luck. He paused for a second, the sweat beading on his forehead as he tried to decipher her words. He certainly didn't think of himself as a fool, and was a bit worried over being described as such, and didn't much want to confirm anyones impression by asking why.

"Hmm, what to do, what to do", he mumbled quietly to himself. Suddenly, a thought came to him. "She spoke of a warrior, perhaps he will know more of this." Tyndmyr craned his head about, seeking the unusual glint of armor or the sheen of a weapon in this group.

Ormagoden
2009-10-21, 09:02 AM
His ears struggled to keep up with his heart at hearing the words of the old woman. She named him and he was struck with a moment of shock. His hands gripped the pommels of his swords tightly and smile crept across his lips. His teachers high above the crowd, some of which he considered fathers and mothers were unleashing him.

As the crowd drifted away he felt like shouting for joy. Pride welled up in his head, but as it did his duty tempered his happiness.

Although he was only average height he was an imposing presence. Indeed it is not difficult to tell him apart from the others here. A heavy looking breastplate hung by straps and strong shoulders. Twin weapons at his side he glanced over towards the only other person now lingering after being named.

He smiled politely and extended a black gloved hand.
"You must be Tyndmyr. The old woman mentioned us by name."
He said momentarily glancing back up to the platform.
"It is good to meet you, I'm S'idiq, and it looks like we will be working together on the outside. Lets walk together and get to know one another, I think I know where we can get our orders."

OOC: Hook us up :D
Or more aptly Hit 88MPH and blast us to the future.

Kallisti
2009-10-23, 08:04 PM
OOC: Hook us up :D
Or more aptly Hit 88MPH and blast us to the future.

Well, I was going to give you a moment to get to know each other before I started, but if nothing new turns up soon-ish...

gdiddy
2009-10-23, 11:41 PM
Rrek, in his paranoia, felt suddenly overwhelmed by the number of people in the bar and began to get nervous.

Like he always did when he was unsure of action and his master's power was within him, he began to speak.

I was short with you before, Arthas. Know me. There was once a monastery in the plains of a barren place. This is, of course, long a go. We were the masters of this place. The boundary of reality and the mind is not a great one for my people. In our home, we are-...were not unlike angels, moving with purpose and love. My people were my parents, I did know who sired or bore me. They raised every other child in the community as they raised me. We traded with the nearby giant clans and even the small tribe of Slaadi.

I was a boy, but training. Much as Heron is trained. By myself in the fieds that surrounded our liaki'ram, but hmm, that is not word you know. In Oldspeak, the words are city/fortress/temple/sanctuary. Then He came. Even miles away, I felt the invaders in our territory. I knew what this meant, the doom that would befall us if found. I knew I had to return to defend our home and die doing so.

It was a joy, to die free. I ran as fast as I could, the faces of my whole family, 3,000 lives, all beloved to me. My heart, I felt it tearing from my chest as I ran. I had to die. I do not know what dark magic was used, but my goal was denied me. Long black tears were destroying the plane around me. I never saw my home again.

Then, I was in blackness for a long time. Something found me there, floating eternally. It gave me a choice. Either die a slave to fate, or live a slave of vengeance. I chose the latter. It is my master now, glistening and resplendent in the darkness. I am to deliver it here, so I may fulfill my purpose.

Rrek's amber eyes glaze for a second with what might be tears, but they're closed almost instantly. His head dips between his two tall emaciated shoulders, cloaking his face in shadow.

In the blackness, I thought I had died. Sometimes, when alone, I think I still might be. Then I hear the piping. A cold wind between the worlds that drives my sails forward.

I cannot remember their faces, those that loved me. I cannot remember the people I avenge. The universe will burn.

Tyndmyr
2009-10-25, 01:28 AM
"Our orders you say? Well, lets be off, since I'd hate to keep the Sybil waiting. Hopefully we can become a bit better acquainted as we start off on our task."

OOC: Getting acquainted chat happening via PMs.

Kallisti
2009-10-25, 01:31 AM
"Our orders you say? Well, lets be off, since I'd hate to keep the Sybil waiting. Hopefully we can become a bit better acquainted as we start off on our task."

OOC: Getting acquainted chat happening via PMs.

...via PM? Why? What is it you don't want me to hear?

Making your DM paranoid usually ends badly...

gdiddy
2009-10-25, 02:01 AM
Rrek is silent for a long time and then excuses himself and walks outside to the street.

He solicits the nearest bar patron for a cigarette, if they exist.

Some days are less good than others, eh friend?

OoC: Rrek is taking 20 on a spot check at the street around the bar. 3 Wis +20 = 23 Check
Looking for any SSAT or other security. And while he's out here, are there any suspicious sewer grates? :smalltongue:

...via PM? Why? What is it you don't want me to hear?

Making your DM paranoid usually ends badly...

Probably to save time. Things are going slow here already...it seems really reasonable.

Kallisti
2009-10-25, 02:04 AM
Rrek is silent for a long time and then excuses himself and walks outside to the street.

He solicits the nearest bar patron for a cigarette, if they exist.

Some days are less good than others, eh friend?

OoC: Rrek is taking 20 on a spot check at the street around the bar. 3 Wis +20 = 23 Check
Looking for any SSAT or other security. And while he's out here, are there any suspicious sewer grates? :smalltongue:

Probably to save time. Things are going slow here already...it seems really reasonable.

There are, as it happens, cigarettes in this world. He tells you to bugger off. This is a prole bar, they're not big on giving things away here.

You cannot take twenty on Spot, but I'll let you roll it as Search. There's no apparent security, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything. ANd you see the sewer grate if you beat Mushroom Ninja's hide check.

EDIT: And in-character conversations here might encourage people to post. That, and it feels like the kind of thing an omniscient all-knowing arbiter should be privy to. But whatever. It's no big deal, it just seemed a bit strange.

Ormagoden
2009-10-26, 07:55 AM
EDIT: And in-character conversations here might encourage people to post. That, and it feels like the kind of thing an omniscient all-knowing arbiter should be privy to. But whatever. It's no big deal, it just seemed a bit strange.

OOC: Here I was thinking it was a good idea to speed things up but posted for your perusal is our conversation. Sorry the idea was mine (and I'm a bit new to PBP.)

Tyndmyr to S'idiq
Tyndmyr catches the eyes of an equally nervous looking musclebound type. Trying to conceal his unease, he asks him "So, are you familiar with the Sybils words, friend?"

S'idiq to Tyndmyr
"The Sybil? No, she has never spoken to me before." He said flatly. "That was the first time she's ever spoken to me." He sounded a bit shocked. "I once overheard one of the masters say that I make her uncomfortable. As you can see from my appearance I am schooled in the way of the sword, but I also have a sharp mind. What is it that you do exactly Tyndmyr?" Noting the man's uneasiness he smirked slightly attempting to arrest his nerves.

Tyndmyr to S'idiq
Tyndmyr coughed politely, trying to cover his nervousness. "I'm afraid the situation is the same for me. I've just come to this place, and I fear I barely know my way around. I'd assumed as much about you, given that you would hardly be given respect in this place without a quick intellect, regardless of your chosen profession. Im a wizard myself, and not fancying a life of service to the tippites, found my way here."

OOC: Going forward I won't rob the group of our awesome RP. Response in next post.

Ormagoden
2009-10-26, 08:28 AM
"So you're from the outside? I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Not with my own eyes anyway." He spoke curtly and with a tinge of resentment in his voice. He shifted his step passing down into a long corridor below the main hall. He took a turn into one of the main intersections, a vast area with a network of tunnels and halls going off in every direction. After a long moment of silence he begins walking down a tunnel where amber stones are set near the ceiling casting off a pulsing warm light."I've lived here my entire life. I care deeply for the people here, and you will be no different. I've been living under the direct care of the circle wizards you just saw. I feel that they plan to send me out with you now. I will more than likely be acting as your protector. Our task is unclear to me however."

He was quite for a while after that, leading Tyndmyr towards the record keeper's office.

Oslecamo
2009-10-26, 05:36 PM
Arthas walks out with Rrek, obersving the surroundings.

There's no such things as bad or good days. There's surviving as best as possible, and one day finaly meeting your end. Even Tippy hides behind his walls of minions, but one day he'll met his match. I don't expect to suceed in it, but I do expect to help. We do our own hapiness.

Watch out for anything that looks suspicious:
Spot:[roll0]
Listen[roll1]

Kallisti
2009-10-26, 07:20 PM
Hang on. Gdiddy, Mushroom Ninja just rolled his hide--and you see him, barely.

As Rrek gazed out across the street, scanning carefully for signs of danger, he noticed something odd--one of the sewer grates was askew, and there was a gleam of eyes coming from beneath it. Strange, since the only ones supposed to be touching or opening the grates were the maintenance homonculi...

gdiddy
2009-10-26, 07:24 PM
I would be inlined to agree, Arthas-...

Why is there a man in the sewer?

Rrek brandished his stave before him and strides to the grate.

You in there. Please come out before someone less nice sees you. Doubleplusquick.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-26, 07:30 PM
Realizing that he has been seen, the kobold in the sewers calls out to the figures above him in a loud whisper, "Who goes there?"

gdiddy
2009-10-26, 07:39 PM
Robert Goodson. Citizen. Please come out of there. There are security patrols everywhere, but for the moment you're safe.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-26, 08:01 PM
"Alright," he said as he climbed out of the manhole. Looking back down into the sewers, the kobold said, "It's safe. I think we can trust him"

gdiddy
2009-10-26, 08:04 PM
Arthas, I was mistaken, I've found a dragon in the sewers. Wait, there are more of you? I uh...I think you should use the restroom in the bar. You reek, my sewer-dwelling friend. They have a prestidigitation trap in there, I hope.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-26, 08:08 PM
"Thank you Robert. I'll go do just that." The kobold began to walk in the direction of the bar, looking for a back entrance to slip in unnoticed.

gdiddy
2009-10-26, 08:47 PM
Rrek helps the others out of the sewer and helps them towards the bar, careful not to touch them too much.

Tyndmyr
2009-10-26, 10:12 PM
...He was quite for a while after that, leading Tyndmyr towards the record keeper's office.

Tyndmyr nodded in silent agreement. He was a bit unused to such openness and honesty, and had yet to become accustomed to just how difference this place was compared to the tippite civilization.

As they reached their destination, his thoughts returned to speculation on the reason for their summoning. With luck, he'd have a chance to put his studies to the test.

Witty Username
2009-10-26, 10:16 PM
In crimeThInc
Tol was late, he never liked being late but he couldn't help it, always more research. He barely knew what he was late for he was running so fast. He had to catch up to the people his superior told him to go with and help, even research had to wait when they were angry. He hope that the people he was supposed to meet weren't to far ahead or had not left yet.

A'den
2009-10-26, 11:07 PM
Heron watched the events of the last few hours unfold in silent contemplation his skills leaned more told fighting then anything else but he remained the quiet muscle at Rrek's shoulder discouraging any bar patrons of taking advantage of the new comer. Occasionally he clenched a fist popping joints in his knuckle as he did.

Intimidate [roll0]

Ormagoden
2009-10-27, 09:58 AM
As they reached their destination, his thoughts returned to speculation on the reason for their summoning. With luck, he'd have a chance to put his studies to the test.

Upon entering the record keeper's office he approached the desk and announced himself and his company before requesting his orders.
"I am S'idiq The Unbroken, this is Tyndmyr and we are here to request our orders."

OOC: Orders and Jump to departure if needed please :D

Kallisti
2009-10-27, 05:56 PM
"Orders? I'm afraid we have nothing official for you. You should go somewhere, though. The Sybil only prophecies that lucidly once a century or even less. For her to prophesy about both of you...it's most unusual. Perhaps...yes, that would work, maybe." The clerk, an aging elf with grey robes, reaches into a drawer and pulls out a small brass disk. "This compass will lead you to a door in the sewers of the nearby town of Hopefulness. Once there, read the incription aloud, and continue to follow the compass. Don't relinquish it. Under any circumstances."

Witty Username
2009-10-27, 09:25 PM
realizing he wasn't thinking clearly "Jack, he would help". Tol changed direction, going to see Jack.

Oslecamo
2009-10-28, 10:51 AM
Arthas follows them inside the bar, wondering if he could fit his dire bat pet inside a sewer.

When the kobold finishes cleaning up, he'll ask :

So a new companion for our litle group. Are you bringing any more friends to join us? And can you breath fire? I tought dragons were bigger. At least from the ones I've seen in the biological musem when I was a kid...

Kallisti
2009-10-28, 02:51 PM
realizing he wasn't thinking clearly "Jack, he would help". Tol changed direction, going to see Jack.

Through the portal, through the endless maze of square stone corridors to Jack's office he went. When he arrived, a few minuites later, he found the door ajar. Inside, Jack sat at his desk, staring into a bowl of water. Bluish strands of energy, like a marionette's strings, trailed from the fingers of his upraised left hand into the water.

Witty Username
2009-10-29, 10:06 PM
"hello Jack, I don't believe we have met face to face"
Tol quivered at the sight of the person he had worked for over the last year.

Kallisti
2009-10-29, 10:10 PM
Jack raises a hand, signalling you to wait, then gestures sharply over the pool. The puppet strings vanished, somply snapped and faded. "Hello! You would be..."

Tyndmyr
2009-10-29, 10:35 PM
..."This compass will lead you to a door in the sewers of the nearby town of Hopefulness. Once there, read the incription aloud, and continue to follow the compass. Don't relinquish it. Under any circumstances."

"Thank you, sir", Tyndmyr said, accepting the compass with care. "I hate to rush off so soon, but I don't think it'd be wise to delay. We'll see you again soon, with any luck."

Witty Username
2009-10-29, 11:08 PM
"I am called Tol, (Refraining from the full name that might anger jack if he tried to say it all)I was told to work with two people that left recently and I was wondering if you knew where they went "

gdiddy
2009-10-29, 11:14 PM
Rrek looked around himself and saw the proles looking around him suspiciously.

Do not worry citizens. MinLove business. The Far Realms are playing their tricks. Big brother commands: This never happened.

Bluff: [roll0]

Kallisti
2009-10-29, 11:16 PM
"Ah, yes! Tol! You'd be the gnomish tinker who got those whatchamacallits--foolservants? Dumbwaiters!--installed, wouldn't you? Good job on that. As I recall, the folks you're looking for went off through the portal and into the nearby bar." Jack smiles his easy, open smile.

Gdiddy: The people turn away and go back to their business. Miniluv was bad news.

Witty Username
2009-10-31, 07:56 PM
"Thank you sir, I go join them now."Tol bows gracefully, and relieved goes to join his fellow members of CrimeThInc.

gdiddy
2009-11-01, 02:58 AM
Rrek pauses looking around.

A spot check [roll0]. For anyone looking suspicious...

...Damn. He's paranoid and damn crazy looking as he scans the street the sewer lies in.

Damn all that was once holy. How many people are in this sewer? Rrek whispers.

Again looking at anyone who is milling around, Rrek turns the fullness of his gaze to every person on the street. One by one, he makes note of their faces. Locking eye contact for but a moment each, he tries to express the full inhumanity of a Minluv agent.

This. Never. Happened. If any word of undue conversation about these events reaches my office, your citizenship and familial privileges are forfeit.

Oslecamo
2009-11-01, 06:57 AM
Arthas whispering at Rekk:

Ssshh, at this rate we'll end up atracting the atention of a true agent.

Kallisti
2009-11-01, 02:29 PM
"Thank you sir, I go join them now."Tol bows gracefully, and relieved goes to join his fellow members of CrimeThInc.

Over the threshold and through the Portal, to join your friends you go...

Once you get to the sewer, the hellish stink of it arrests you for a moment. In the distance, you hear the sickening drip...drip...drip...of a leaking pipe. A short ways down the tunnel, there is an open manhole. You see the tail end of a kobold disappearing through it.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-11-01, 09:20 PM
Arthas follows them inside the bar, wondering if he could fit his dire bat pet inside a sewer.

When the kobold finishes cleaning up, he'll ask :

So a new companion for our litle group. Are you bringing any more friends to join us? And can you breath fire? I tought dragons were bigger. At least from the ones I've seen in the biological musem when I was a kid...

"Fire?" the kobold responds, grinning a toothy grin, "Not today. I'm too old for that sort of thing."

Looking around he asks Arthas, "So, what brings you to Hopefulness?"

Witty Username
2009-11-01, 09:27 PM
Tol seeing the manhole decides to go out into the street, knowing the disturbance above of someone crawling out of the sewer. He hoped it wouldn't draw any more attention.

Ormagoden
2009-11-02, 02:30 PM
"Thank you, sir", Tyndmyr said, accepting the compass with care. "I hate to rush off so soon, but I don't think it'd be wise to delay. We'll see you again soon, with any luck."

S'idiq nodded in agreement "I think it wise for us to leave quickly. Hopefulness..." S'idiq Furrowed his brow slightly at the word. "The home of the enemy is where our path through the sewers will take us. Let us be off."

S'iqid took a few moments to eye the compass Tyndmyr took into his care. As they began following it he spoke rather quietly about it. "If suspect what that is there you hold in your hands is what I think it is; I must tell you something important in regards to it. As surely as it will guide us away from this place it can guide another to this place. If you are in danger of being captured or killed your first priority is to destroy that compass. Our lives aren't more important than this place."

As they walked towards the entrance to the sewers he was silent again for only a short while before he spoke up. "I am sorry, I do not mean to sound as if I am ordering you around. You're my compatriot, not my underling. If I sound harsh it is only the weight of our endeavors on my shoulders and nothing more."

OOC: After Tyndmyr's response can we get a go go gadget sewer-lid?

Kallisti
2009-11-08, 03:45 PM
The motley crew of rebels had climbed from the stinking sewers to the somewhat-fresher bar. They had cleaned themselves, and drunk, and above all they had talked. There was much to discuss. They sat, and they plotted and planned, and evening caressed the skies with her brush, painting a lovely Hopefulness sunset. And a young wizard and her warrior companion came cautiously down the road, past the sewer and the doorway and the sign. Loose lips sink ships, they say, but a chance word carried on wind or fate can perhaps win one a few new conspirators. It did that day.

Friends, the players are assembled. Let our little drama begin in earnest.

(OOC: Please let our little drama begin in earnest? Please? Pretty please with cookies and internetz on top?)

gdiddy
2009-11-08, 05:52 PM
Gentlemen, you know why we are here. We not much time and quite a problem here. We have a myriad of objectives before us. Your Jack has sent you here to deal with certain objectives. Namely, the interlopers that are as we speak hunting us.

We are small in number, impossibly outnumbered. Those who we would liberate would tear us apart if they knew our purpose. And to assault them directly is to look for death. The objectives of my organization might serve all our interests. If we could destroy the seeing lens of the enemy, it would further blind them, and possibly draw out MindThInc's enemies on our terms. Assistance for assistance, maybe?

The Sibyll is another matter, but she sent you here to us, and I hope you feel we are serving her goals. I am leaving in exactly one half of one hour with the rest of my team. I hope you all follow.

OOC: CHUG CHUG CHUG Woo-woo.

Ormagoden
2009-11-09, 12:07 PM
S'idiq nodded listening to Rrek quietly. He felt a bit on edge sharing all the details of his mission with this motley crew so suddenly. Sooner rather than later he found himself with the shadow of a plan in his thoughts.

"It goes without saying that our profile should be as low as possible. No fancy explosions or tumbling towers. The individual capabilities of each of you are rather clear to me at this point. We must devise a plan that utilities all our strengths and capitalizes all of our enemies weaknesses." S'idiq pauses judging the group. "Do any of you know what those weaknesses are?" S'idiq smirked. "The vastness of our target will prove its downfall. The cracks in its foundations can be widened by each of us little ants..."

Mushroom Ninja
2009-11-10, 09:44 AM
Kneeling on his chair to properly reach the table, Zimselexithuricon responds quietly, "Before we can make any concrete plans, we need more basic information. Where is this SSAT team? How many members does it have? What are they expecting? Where do they sleep? Without this knowledge it would be suicide to try to attack them. So, I suggest do a little information-gathering."

gdiddy
2009-11-11, 02:04 AM
I'm sure all that will become apparent to us when they're called into our grasp by the current mission we're undertaking. You can assist to make it successful. Then, you will have my full abilities and resources, not to mention those of my patron, at your disposal. Right now, my people have been given a mission. Any who would follow me, I suggest we get going.

Witty Username
2009-11-12, 06:43 AM
I agree, the more time SSAT has to track us, the closer they will be to catching us. What is this mission of yours? I apologize if you have mentioned it already.

gdiddy
2009-11-12, 09:32 AM
Very simple: The destruction of the Baron's lens which he uses to spy on our organizations. If we start now, we'll be done by midnight.

Rrek has been investigating in his relaxed usual manner at the bar...

Gather Information: [roll0]

Edit: Where is the SSAT Team? Is that enough?

Ormagoden
2009-11-12, 11:16 AM
S'idiq's thoughts dwindle on the magic of the lens.
His mind travels back to his schooling, attempting to recall of a way an item like the lens might be destroyed.

Knowledge:Arcana
[roll0]

Kallisti
2009-11-12, 05:53 PM
gdiddy: There's been a buzzing around the town about some trouble at the SSAT HQ--even some talk of killed officers and dangerous, deranged experiments escaping. The rumors aren't very detailed, though, because anyone heard repeating them risks a visit from Cephalic Morality--or, as the proles call them, the Thought Police.

Lostfang: Simply smashing the lens would do the trick, but it's probably warded. Mage's Disjunction would work, too. Or attemting to scry on the Committee Chambers--scrying devices set there have an alarming tendency to get blasted into tiny shards by the wards.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-12, 06:22 PM
Very simple: The destruction of the Baron's lens which he uses to spy on our organizations. If we start now, we'll be done by midnight.

"Sounds like a solid plan. We're in enough danger as it is without them having their eyes upon us night and day. I'm in, provided S'idiq feels the same."

gdiddy
2009-11-12, 07:16 PM
Good. You'll serve your Sibyll well. At the moment, the city's SSAT is scattered and reeling from an attack. Let's make their problems worse. That was your mission, was it not, gentles?

Rrek get's up, and hoping beyond hope he will be followed, walks out the front door.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-11-12, 08:22 PM
"Wait a minute," says Zimselexithuricon, standing up, "Before we go anywhere, we need a plan! Where is the lense? How do you plan to access it? How can we destroy it? We can't go charging off blindly!"

gdiddy
2009-11-12, 08:35 PM
It's in his observatory. And we'll know nothing about it till we get there. Come. Help us plan when we know what we're up against.

OoC: Come on, man! This campaign is finally going somewhere!

Mushroom Ninja
2009-11-12, 10:17 PM
"Alright, lets go then. We've got a lot of work to do." says Zimselexithuricon, joining Rrek at the door.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-13, 12:45 AM
Tyndmyr shrugs, slips down off his stool, and joins the growing group at the door.

Oslecamo
2009-11-13, 08:42 AM
Artas seems to snap from some open eyed dream, and hastily joins the group by the door.

Infiltrate, find lens, destroy them. Got it. Just my kind of job. Once we're in the baron's house, I can summon my friends to distract any guards there. And check out for traps.

Sorry for the absence, been quite busy. Ready to roll again!

So, fast forward to the exterior of the baron's house?

Ormagoden
2009-11-13, 11:14 AM
S'idiq waits patiently for the last of them to leave making sure he is the final party member out. Hands resting on the pommels of his swords he exits the room to go get a good look at their target and its security.

gdiddy
2009-11-13, 03:05 PM
Well, if we're all agreed, lets head down to the observatory. Time skip.

Witty Username
2009-11-14, 02:18 AM
I'll be on board if we decide to destroy the lens, but why can't we steal it and use it? Tol follows the party out the door, avoiding being left behind.

gdiddy
2009-11-14, 02:20 AM
Theft? I like it. However, it may prove too large to move.

Witty Username
2009-11-14, 02:21 AM
"I have a small bag of holding."

gdiddy
2009-11-14, 02:23 AM
You, Tol, will find me to be an excellent friend.

gdiddy
2009-11-14, 10:32 PM
Well Gentlemen, let's plan. This lens is in the Baron home. It will be heavily guarded. To have the Baron personally alerted to our presence is a fate worse than death. His guards must be disposed of quietly, his traps and enchantments unbroken.

When we get there, we'll look around and fnd any possible weaknesses in the defenses. We may find our way back into a sewer tonight, or else climbing a gap beween it and another building.

If we need to escape through a tower window, I can secure myself and five others safely to the ground. If separated, we'll all meet back up at the prole bar. I can create a sizable distraction either to enter or escape, via fire. Also, this might be hoping too much, but does anyone know what the baron looks like? I could disguise one of us as him to gain easier entry to his lab.

Well, these are the extent of my plans. A series of versatile improvisations. Does anyone have anything else to add? We should be there soon.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-11-14, 11:00 PM
"It would help the planning process if everyone would explain their skills. I, for one, am fairly versatile. I can deal with traps, cover escapes, and fire a fairly accurate arrow here and there."

Tyndmyr
2009-11-15, 12:50 AM
Tyndmyr nods, saying "Good idea. The more we know, the more prepared we are. I prefer the art of conjuration myself, and dearly love the use of orbs. Of course, I can help in other areas as well, if I know in advance what will be needed, and I'm not bad at sneaking around a bit. Used to slip out of wizarding school for a drink and a carouse almost nightly. Might come in handy on this mission, I believe."

After a pause, he adds, "I agree that we should take the lens if possible. It might be useful, and in any case, they shouldn't be able to get much info by scrying on something in an extradimensional space. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if there's spells keyed to us breaking such a piece. On a more somber note, if any of us falls, we can't leave them behind. Death alone isn't enough to stop the tippites from using someone for horrible things."

gdiddy
2009-11-15, 03:52 AM
I can speak. I am much more gifted at getting places I do not belong, as well. If necessary, I can use my gift to hurt people. It is not nearly the same strength of Tynd, though.

Witty Username
2009-11-15, 08:25 AM
A majority of my skill is item crafting, but I can infuse items with magic to make them more useful. I am poor in the art of stealth but I won't slow you down.

Witty Username
2009-11-15, 07:21 PM
We need to get moving, come up with a plan and let's act. I suggest we scout out the exterior of the baron's house before we atempt a theft. after we scout the area form a way of entry, sewers will probably be the way we go because no one guards it. Disable/bipassing traps will create a security breach that will eat up resources and time. when we get to the lens we will need to find a way around any defences protecting the lens, but we can brainstorm after scouting the area.

Kallisti
2009-11-15, 08:26 PM
(Psst. David. You still have "you're" spelled wrong in your sig.)

Ormagoden
2009-11-16, 09:44 AM
Subtlety will be our greatest ally here. The quieter we can be the better, infiltration doesn't seem like a bad idea. I imagine the baron's manor has servants for cleaning; replacing them might be a good option for easy infiltration. Lets get a better look at the place before we jump into planning though...

He smirks a bit at the latter part of the questioning.
He pats the blades at his side.

I am a fair wielder of these two blades, they are extensions of my will. I am knowledgeable in the arcane arts and practiced in both martial and mental discipline.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-11-16, 09:27 PM
"I'm not sure that posing as servants would be in our best interest. If the baron is anywhere near as paranoid as most wizards I've met, he'll hit every one who enters his house with a detect thoughts. Also, if we are to explore the area around his house, we must be wary. He no doubt has various scrying traps and alarm spells scattered around the building. Ideally, we could go straight to his observatory, but that would require some means of flight. Do any of you arcanists possess such means?"

Tyndmyr
2009-11-16, 10:56 PM
Tyndmyr agrees, "Well, he can't possibly hit every single servant at every single coming and going. Doing so would most likely be terribly tedious, and a waste of spell slots. If he takes such a detailed approach, he mostly likely has one or more low apprentices doing the actual screenings. Depending on the details, this may still pose opportunities. I agree with my comrade, though, we really need to check out the situation as subtly as possible to be sure."

gdiddy
2009-11-17, 12:03 AM
We should be getting close, soon.

We've walked into the area near the Baron's home, what do we see?

Oslecamo
2009-11-17, 08:31 AM
" Ideally, we could go straight to his observatory, but that would require some means of flight. Do any of you arcanists possess such means?"

I'm no arcanist, but my pet can fly and is strong enough to carry us one at a time. I suport the plan of bypassing all traps and flying directly to the observatory. But since I'm contributing the fly means, I would prefer that someone else volunteers to go first.

OOC:I have a dire bat companion following me

Witty Username
2009-11-17, 08:20 PM
The outside of the tower is probably trapped. Lots of wizards can fly. I recommend sending someone good with traps up first.
Idea, we will land a floor or so below the lens. We will still need to get around some traps but on the ground they will be easier to deal with.

gdiddy
2009-11-17, 08:47 PM
Rrek looked at first Tol, and then Tucker. They were both small and the bat was so big...

Someone, or two people on the creature's back. One to look for traps, another to keep watch. The both of you would double the eyes and be able to cover each other. If anything happens, I'll catch the two of you.

Witty Username
2009-11-17, 09:10 PM
So Zimselexthuricon and I will ride the bat first?

OOC: Because of my gnomish nature I will use the nickname tucker very little, if their are no objections.

gdiddy
2009-11-17, 09:47 PM
If you two wouldn't mind. I confess I know very little of traps. My specialties revolve around mobility, social graces, and not getting caught. Once it is secure, we'll all go up behind you.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-11-17, 09:59 PM
"That seems as good an idea as any, but before we commit to it, I want to get a good look at the baron's manor - just to make sure we aren't missing any other good entry-points. Also, we'll need an escape plan."

gdiddy
2009-11-18, 12:53 AM
The Prole bar would be convenient, but dangerous. Apparently some of the patrons think I work for MinLuv. We cannot afford to risk our employers by possibly leading the enemy back to them.

Perhaps we find some of your ever-present Mind ThInc vandals and have them contact Jack for us. Jack seems to operate in this city unmolested, maybe he might be able to arrange a safehouse for us. I ideally would like to report in to Q'r'hraain, but I could do that with a sending scroll (the traps are bugged you know). If we can get the lens, we can track your SSAT targets. And if we get away clean, well, then we can go back to the Q'r'hraain base.

Kallisti
2009-11-18, 04:43 PM
As you walk through the city, the houses get grander and grander. Siple marble gives way to polished alabaster gleaming in the evening sun, with carved stone garden-fences that look like lacy cobwebs and marble verandas supported by fanciful caryatids. Finally you reach the grandest of all--the Baron's Palace.

Oslecamo
2009-11-18, 04:51 PM
Arthas silently surveys the scene, looking for possible entrances, sentries and anything out of the ordinary.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Kallisti
2009-11-18, 05:00 PM
The air before the wrought-iron gates shimmers and smells faintly of ozone. Gargoyles stare down at you with eyes of volcanic glass--a common material for scrying sensors. But as blindspots, the gargoyle-cams aren't a problem...assuming the gargoyles are just statues and not, you know, gargoyles.

gdiddy
2009-11-18, 10:19 PM
What a nice gate. And what lovely statues. I wonder...

Detect Magic on the area around the gate, including Gargoyles and the gate itself.

After three round concentration,

[roll0]Spot for any one on the street that looks suspicious.

[roll1] Search for any side entrances from the street or sewers.

Witty Username
2009-11-19, 12:16 AM
I look around the area...

any alternate entrances to the baron's house Search(1d20+4)1d20
OOC:I'm having an issue with the rolling thing, give me a minute to roll

Witty Username
2009-11-19, 12:22 AM
look around for entrances etc. search (1d20+4) [roll0]

Witty Username
2009-11-19, 12:26 AM
OOC:take three

search(1d20+4)[roll0]

Ormagoden
2009-11-19, 09:25 AM
He glances up towards the walls of the palace with a smile.
"The palace looks plusgood this morning gentlemen. What a doubleplusgood sight!" He remarks to the party in case they are overheard or being watched.

Specifically S'idiq looks for open windows or verandas with pretty glass doors. He is also listening for anything strange when they are in the gate area.
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

Kallisti
2009-11-19, 06:16 PM
Gdiddy: The gate blazes with lots and lots of nasty evocation. The gargoyles show moderate divination, and many of them also show moderate evocation. Most of the garden statues have auras of strong transmutation, and the duck pond and garden path all show moderate conjuration. The main walk has mild divination and strong evocation. The plants all have mild transmutation. The rose window shows overwhelming divination and conjuration.

You don't spot anyone.

Oblivimunch: You don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Lostfang: There are some very nice windows. They look expensive. The two largest frame the doors, and have various scenes from myths in stained glass. Above the doors is a huge blue-green rose window.

gdiddy
2009-11-19, 06:26 PM
(Whisper): Don't. Touch. Anything. You'll be fried and eaten by half flora before you had a chance to scream. Everyone start looking for sewer grates and posterns.

Rrek backs away slowly.

Gentlemen, let's take a stroll around the great Baron's compound. His gardens are truly exquisite.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 03:03 AM
Tyndmyr nods, and replies jovialy, "That they are. You can always tell a true master of casting by all the little details, you know? Any apprentice can conjure up a few flowers, but it takes a true master to make them show such fine detail. "

He glances around, apparently soaking up the wonderful sights, but actually scanning for sewers or other less than usual means of entry.

Search check:
[roll0]

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:06 AM
Tyndmyr: You don't see anything from here by the gate.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 03:10 AM
Tyndmyr ambles along the street, continuing to look with interest at the magnificent architecture, not just of the Baron's residence, but of the nearby city as well. Should nothing of note happen, he'll wander round the outside of the property before rejoining the others.

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 03:12 AM
Rrek follows after Tynd and makes the pretense of a conversation as he scans for alternative entrances.

Search: [roll0] (Rrek, thank goodness, found his shoes.)

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:13 AM
You don't see anything too unusual. A couple of young flamboyant nobles arguing and setting off magical firecrackers in each others' faces, a copper-skinned young woman with a split lip, and old lady with a large back sitting on the street's edge resting...a crowd. The Baron's wall seems to be solid except for the front gate.

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 03:16 AM
Detect Magic on the wall. (Don't worry about the 900 auras inside the wall, Rrek is just worried about the wall.)

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:17 AM
The wall blazes with evocation and abjuration, as well as strong transmutation. Every fifty or so feet one of the carvings or decorations has its own aura of abjuration.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 03:19 AM
Tyndmyr grins as he rejoins the group. "Fine example of security too. A good wall is a classic. Privacy and safety. Men like him are why we're winning the war on the Far Realms. Always comforting to see a man appreciate both beauty and practical matters."

Tyndmyr's a bit at a loss for an obvious means of entry at the moment, but he'll continue mentally cataloging the people that walk by, in case his ability to alter his appearance later offers opportunities.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:23 AM
Mentally cataloguing people? Okay...

There's a much-scarred, sullen young woman talking to the guards outside one of the manors; an ugly man with a haughty demeanor and four or five swords on his belt and back; an exuberant young lady picking herself up after a fall and laughing with friends; an exhausted-looking redheaded woman arguing with a merchant outside his shop; a sandy-haired, smiling young man in the outfit of a Miniluv cleric; a muscular young man with a massive claymore strapped to his back...the cleric is kind of unusual, certainly not a common sight, but other than that? People.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 03:27 AM
Tyndmyr will be remembering the cleric in particular then. =) He'll also listen to hear what, if anything, the cleric is saying.

Listen:[roll0]

With any luck, one of his comrades might come up with an alternative plan, but he figures any plan has at least a shot of working, and high risk was pretty much on the table regardless.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:28 AM
THe cleric's wandered over to the merchant the redhead was arguing with. He's chatting and laughing, but it's hard to make out exactly what over the crowd.

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 03:29 AM
Well said! Magic of a dozen colors courses through the wall itself. Intricate and beyond my ability to understand. All hail big brother! Let's look at the temple of Big Brother next! (Whisper:) Let's get the hell out of here. I think I see a Minluv cleric. Unless there is a sewage access in the immediate neighborhood, it looks like we're sending the little ones over on the bat. Let's look some more for an access, but if that fails, we'll get to a rooftop so we at least have half-a-view.

Rrek begins strolling away from the mansion toward the Big Brother temple.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 03:30 AM
Tyndmyr nods, smiles, and follows Rrek in the general direction of the church, making small talk along the way.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:31 AM
The young lady who'd fallen over a moment ago wanders over. "Hey, heard you admiring the palace. You folks from out of town?"

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 03:39 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]

Oh, yes. Hopefulness is a plus good city. Are we so plain in our foreign-ness?

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:42 AM
"Ha! Oh, just a little! I'm Haley, by the way, and since Jessica ditched me I've got nothing better to do than show some strangers around. Anyplace I can take you guys? Not that you need it, really, the street grid is pretty simple, but it's something to do, you know?"

Sense Motive: As far as you can tell, she really is a dippy teen trying to kill time.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 03:43 AM
Tyndmyr flashes a smile at her, and says, "Indeed I am. It's a lovely place, I must say. I suppose you probably know all the interesting sights around here, eh?"

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:49 AM
"Well, you've seen the palace, which is the greatest. If you can get signed up for a tour of the palace gardens, DO IT. They're absolutely gorgeous. Let's see...the Miniluv building is pretty nice, there's some great sculptures, and the Coliseum is pretty great too, if they've got the right gladiators. There's this manor off to the south of here, just like a three minute walk, and the construction is so weird, you know? Like, with all kinds of secret doors and dead ends and trick staircases and black cold iron chandeliers with thriteen candles each and all kinds of ****. But you need a guide to go in there, because otherwise you could get lost, uness you've got a scroll of teleport or find the path or something. I dunno what you'd need to explore there, I've got like a D in Spell Recognition at school. I'm telling you, that class is bull****. We're never going to need that, it's totally all stored on the Constellation, and the teacher is such a bitch, I swear to Big Brother."

EDIT: And apparently the forum censor program doesn't allow one to speak Modern Teen...

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 03:54 AM
Don't ever neglect your studies. Magic is freedom. And don't swear to Big Brother. It isn't lady like.

However, you've intrigued me. How do you get into a tour for the gardens?

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:57 AM
"Well, they host the tours every so often, you can sign up at the Miniluv office. They just send Father Benedight to take all the tourists up into the garden and he shows them all the stuff, like the statues and the duckpond and whatever."

Oslecamo
2009-11-20, 08:39 AM
Arthas does his best to don't burst out in rage at the snobness of the teen, and simply says:

A tour would indeed be delightfull. Shall we go then?

In his mind, he prepares to observe as carefully as possible the interior of the enemy's base.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 02:27 PM
"Hang on, let me check when they're having one." She pulls out a little handmirror and waves a hand over it. "Constellation...Mirrorcast...Hopefulness Inquirer...Upcoming events...Palace Garden Tour...Oooh, you're in luck. The tour's tomorrow, and there are still some open spots!"

Ormagoden
2009-11-20, 03:32 PM
"Ha ha! That sounds like a wonderful idea. The palace is quite beautiful. A stroll in the garden would be highly desirable. Perhaps we can squeeze it in our sight seeing." S'idiq flashes a killer smile to the young girl and tacks on a wink. "Who do we have to talk to see such a pretty palace?"

S'idiq will immediately motion for someone to detect magic on the girl when she turns to walk away or if her back is to him for a significant amount of time. His motion is subtle, simply rubbing his eyes.

Bluff
EDIT* See OOC post due to dumb forum bugs

If you beat my bluff with a sense motive and see my motion you'll understand what he is getting at. YAY double speak and thieves cant!

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 03:34 PM
"Oh, it's just down at the Miniluv temple. I could...walk you there, if you like?"

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 04:11 PM
Come on Everyone! We're going to MinLuv. We're going to a garden tour.

Sense Motive: [roll0] Wait, why does S'idiq...

*cast Detect Magic on girl when her back is turned* I concentrate while waiting for everyone to catch up, if necessary, I make to re-tie the laces on my boots as I pick up any auras.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 05:01 PM
She leads you a short way to the temple, which is a magnificent building of alabaster with huge statues of scenes from myth decorating the nices carved into the towering walls. The "door" is a large doorway, incribed with the phrase "Ministry of Love", and in smaller letters underneath "Omnes relinquite spes, o vos intrantes..."

Your guide points up at the arch. "We totally learned this one in History. The writing means Leave Behind Your Burden, All You Who Enter, and I thought that was so totally cool."

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 05:02 PM
"Oh lovely, that sounds like quite an interesting time! Lets go!" , Tyndmyr says excitedly.

OOC: Oops, used a name from a different pbp game.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 05:03 PM
"Oh lovely, that sounds like quite an interesting time! Lets go!", Ohara says excitedly.

...Ohara? I thought you named your character something else...

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 05:37 PM
Rrek pauses and looks up at the arch. He turns back to everyone.

Spot check for that Min Luv cleric: [roll0]

You see? Much more beautiful in person.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 05:39 PM
gdiddy: You see him coming.

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 05:54 PM
I move between the cleric and Tyndmyr, granting him cover.

Is that Father Benedight coming now? Does he give the tours?

Rrek clears his mind, and thinks only of how much he loves Big Brother.

OoC: **** MOTHER ******* *** SON OF A SOPPING ******* ****. RIGHT IN FRONT OF MINLUV.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 05:57 PM
"Ooh, no, that's not Father Benedight, it's Father Euridites. He's a great guy, we all love him here. Well, except Father Benedight. They're, like, archnemesises or something."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 06:05 PM
OoC: Paranoia STILL ACTIVE.

Do you think he might give us the tour today if it would annoy Father Benedight?

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 06:08 PM
"I'll bet he wishes. But Benedight's, like, the only one who gets to know all the super-secret stuff you need to keep from getting fryed by all the traps. Like you know the duckpond? There's this oricalcium cage at the bottom, and if you step on the path you get poofed into it and drown unless someone moves the little glass pebbles by the side of the path into exactly the right places. There's all kinds of crazy stuff. I sure wouldn't want to try breaking into there."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 06:31 PM
Rrek shoots her a stern look and stalls as Father Euridites closes. He doesn't say anything for a long time.

Watch yourself. Those thoughts are dangerous, Haley. People who violate Party property deserve everything they get.

Witty Username
2009-11-20, 06:31 PM
"Where is Father Benedight, I hope we find him before someone else signs up for the tour. I bet that the Barron's house is an amazing feat of magical proficiency."

OOC: Embrace the paranoia, draw power from it let it strengthen your Mind. and besides this is nothing to worry about.

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 06:33 PM
What was I thinking? Of course. Lead the way, Haley.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 06:40 PM
"Oh, he's just over here. Come on." She leads you over to a desk, behind which sits a receptionist. "We're here to see Father Benedight about the tour."
"He's over by the alter."
"Thank you." She leads you through a fiew of the building's grand corridors to a huge chapel with a vaulted cieling and stained-glass windows. An aged man is bent in prayer over a large stone alter with a crimson-and-gold brocaded cloth. He turns to look at you, smiling. "Ahh, here for the tour, yes? You're just in time, there's only six spots left. Give me your names so I can add you to the list." He fumbles in the pockets of his robe. "Could have sworn I had...ah, here it is." He withdraws a rumpled piece of paper and a small quill pen.

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 06:49 PM
Robert Goodson, says Rrek gesturing to himself.

He introduces each of his companions by their false names on their IDs.

I really appreciate this service, Father. We all do.

Not giving these bastards their names.

Bluff: [roll0]

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 06:50 PM
"Oh, nonsense, young man, there's not much to appreciate. All I do is recite some passwords and dodder about pointing to the hydreangeas."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 07:00 PM
Well, it is beautiful. Sometimes, I wish I could have been an artist. I have the heart of one, but not the talent. (chuckle) So should we come here for the tour tomorrow or meet you at the garden gates?

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 07:04 PM
"Well, if you meet me here you'll just have to tolerate my geriatric slowness the entire walk there. I'm not as young as I once was, alas. I could try to requisition a youth-restorative, but I won't. Call me old-fashioned, but I think that a man should go when his time comes unless he's needed." He pick up his holy symbol and examines it for a moment. "Besides, death is nothing to fear. Life's all that really stands between a servant and the Master." He chucles. "And I've already been an old man once. Once is enough."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 07:10 PM
Rrek hears a dull whistling of a flute that only exists in his own mind.

The question comes to his mind slowly: Is...that...heresy?

I thought life was service to the party? If life ends, then doesn't service end? Isn't death just a dereliction of duty?

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 07:17 PM
"Well, it's a controversy. You see, translations of the Nostra aren't always accurate, and there's something of a schism about that, since Big Brother has so much on his plate as it is with the war and hasn't yet weighed in. You see, in the thirteenth chapter of the Nostra, the most heavily metaphysical, there is a passage: 'Mortera damnatrices quos fabulum ab eulerint sibi quolerunt.' There are those like me, who believe the translation to be 'In death, the damned thief of all, shalt thou find the salvation of eternal noble service.' After you die, your body is reanimated to serve on, and your soul goes to join the blessed Emperor in his realms beyond the realms, to serve his eternal plan until the Final Night. But there is a growing sect who believe it means 'By death, the damned thief of all, shalt thou be seperated eternally from thy noble Master.' Father Euridites is one of these misguided young men."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 07:33 PM
Utterly fascinating. Tell me, could I borrow a copy of the Nostra to read for myself? I would happily return it on the morrow. I find theology to be a great pursuit, a mixture of pure art and science.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 07:42 PM
"A mixture of pure art and science...you're wise for your years, young friend. You're welcome just to take any of the copies from behind the pews, I can always print more. There's a Fabricate plate and plenty of ink, glue, paper and leather in one of the back rooms. But it's written in the Oscurra, so unless you're ordained yourself you'll need help. I've got a Victory--sorry, an Oldspeak copy around here somewhere that you could borrow. That one I'd like back, though, as I lend it to others all the time. It's the most recent official translation, but to be blunt there are some translations that I think are off. Like in the fifth chapter, the History of the blessed Emperor's mortality. He exclaims 'Insolam tu unanimeratis, herbamur quos cessissime vos lacrimans' to the dead after the fall of Jezeabelle. They translated it as 'O insolent and idle ones, to surrender as you hear the weeping.' Which I think is wrong. It'd be closer to 'Idle, yet restless, hear the weeping and surrender.' Insolam refers to insomniac, not insolent, which would be 'insoulare'."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 08:01 PM
Thank you very much, Father. I'd like that. Rrek said, pocketing the book.

However, we'll leave you to your prayers.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 08:05 PM
"Well, it's nice to have company every once in a while, especially an intelligent young man. Blessed Emperor knows that intelligent young people are far too rare. I blame those games and such they've been adding to the Constellation. I don't know whose bad idea that was, but once the Inner Party sees what's happening, I'd bet he's out of a job. Well, it was nice speaking to you. Come again anytime. Oh, and Haley? Do try harder at your schoolwork. I know you think it's not important, but you'll never make it as a beguiler if you have to keep looking spells up on the Constellation every five minutes."

As you leave, Haley turns to Rrek. "Wow. You are so smart! I don't think anyone's ever impressed the stubborn old goat that much."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 08:16 PM
Take care.

Rrek strode away from the meeting with purpose. Outside, he gave Haley a gold coin and a reassuring smile.

My dear, you are a genuinely nice person. The world should reward nice people, but it doesn't. Instead, there is me. Alright, gentlemen, I think it's time we retired. I feel I have seen the sights I can today.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 08:19 PM
She won't take the coin. "Aw, that's awfully sweet of you to say, but my family has plenty of money. If you folks ever need something else, you can find me on 28 Jasper Row over in the Guild district."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 08:57 PM
Take care, Haley!

Rrek watches her walk off and then seems to deflate. He was bordering on exhaustion after the hike that had brought him here and then running around the city all day.

Now, let's go find an inn, before I collapse.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 09:01 PM
The first person you ask looks at you for a moment and says "You could always stay at the old Fiesty Mug on Tourmaline Row. Just don't give Kerredai any trouble. He may be a quiet one, but he's a vicious shot when his patrons start causing trouble. Their prices are good and their drink is excellent, though."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 09:15 PM
We head there to rest and plan.

OoC: Anyone have any input? I don't want to hog the spot light.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 09:21 PM
OOC: I think you currently get the spotlight by sheer virtue of being here when there's stuff you can do.

The Feisty Mug is down by the harbor, and you can hear the roar of the sea as you approach. The building looks slightly run down, but clean enough, and the inside is much the same. The tables are fairly crowded with somewhat shady-looking characters, many armed, many drunk, and all having a good time. The man behind the bar is deep in conversation with an armored elf, and doesn't even look up as you enter. Several burly, menacing bouncers do, however. They glare at you for a few moments, then go back to observing the crowd. Suddenly the bartender looks over at you, and you can't help but notice his unusual features. He's rather short, has green-tinged skin and long spindly fingers, and his ears are even longer and pointier than an elf's. "I'm Kerredai. How can I help you?"

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 09:38 PM
We would like rooms enough for six. My friends would like to drink as well, no doubt. How much will the rooms and a round cost?

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 09:47 PM
"Rooms are two silver a night. Drinks depend on what you're ordering. House special is seven copper, but I wouldn't recommend it before bed, it'll keep you up."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 10:09 PM
Two gold coins are produced immediately.

Three rooms for two nights. The difference is for the first round, anything left over is for you. Please be nice to my companions. They've all had a rough day. I'll have a glass of water and one of the room keys.

When he get's this, Rrek turns around to his companions and says quietly-- To whomever is sharing my room: knock three times, then twice, then once. I'll open the door.

With that, Rrek climbs the stairs and enters his room.

Kallisti
2009-11-20, 11:39 PM
He nods and produces the drinks and the keys. "Enjoy your stay."

gdiddy
2009-11-20, 11:52 PM
In his room, Rrek locks the door from the inside and uses some rope to tie the window panes shut. From the rope, he suspends his thunderstone. Should the window be forced open or the rope cut, the thunderstone will fall, alerting Rrek and probably making him deaf for an hour.

Methodically, he removes his make-up, wig, and prosthetics. Settling into bed, he reads the Nostra until he falls into a deep sleep, the book still in his hand.

The first noise Rrek hears will get an eldritch blast, unless it is a knock on the door.

Kallisti
2009-11-21, 12:19 AM
OOC: Let me know if there's anything in particular you need to know about the Nostra

Ormagoden
2009-11-23, 01:16 PM
All the while S'idiq has been quiet and focused. He was a stoic example of what appears to be a bodyguard. Alert and aloof during the times where Rrek handled speaking with the clergy and the barkeep. His eyes did lurk on the bouncers for a moment as if judging himself against their strength should something go wrong.

S'idiq knows that should he linger in the bar area of the inn he would quickly become unfocused; he turns to Tymndyr and asks "I don't fancy staying down here for a drink, but if you do I'll stay."

At that point he scanned the area deciding if there were any unseen threats or suspicious characters lurking in dark booths or at shaded tables.

[roll0] Spot

S'idiq wondered at what choice the others would make...He was worried that they might give something away should they be foolish enough to get inebriated. That spurned his mind into checking on all viable exits from the main area. He extrapolated a quick escape plan should things go wrong in the main room. Then he sighed to himself as the torrent of ideas ran through his focused mind.

Kallisti
2009-11-23, 04:25 PM
With that spot check? You find your boot. It's on your foot.

Ormagoden
2009-11-23, 04:34 PM
ooc: I LOVE BOOTS!

Kallisti
2009-11-23, 04:40 PM
You should love boots. Without them your feet would get cold. And they're so patient. They let you walk all over them every single day, because they know you need them. If that isn't a tragic tale of love unrequited, what is?

Kallisti
2009-11-24, 03:23 PM
You guys are too slow. I must throw plot at you. Plot throw: +17 touch, 1d3 facepalm damage and a contact poison. Fort DC 19, initial damage plot acceleration, secondary damage none.

The quiet of the night was shattered suddenly by a throbbing, pulsing scream. It echoed and rang oddly, as though it were more the memory of a sound than the sound itself. The bartender looks around, calmly. "Damn. A raid. Everyone to the back, quickly, before they get here. Move!"

Oslecamo
2009-11-24, 05:08 PM
Ah, just like in the old times!

Arthas follows the barkeepers directions, don't planing to let himself be caught so easily. He tells his dire bat companion to follow him for now.

Yeah, sorry for staying silent, but I just couldn't remember anything my character could say at those situations that wouldn't make the NPCs kill/report him. Negative charisma and stuff.:smalltongue:

Kallisti
2009-11-24, 05:53 PM
There's a door in the back, behind the bar...which is an outside wall. However, outside wall or not, you see a room behind it. The bartender is motioning people through the door, and the bar's more sober patrons are obeying swiftly.

Witty Username
2009-11-24, 10:22 PM
Tol goes along with the crowd.I think we should do as the Bartender says.Tol waits semi-patiently for his fellows.

OOC:Player failed his fort save, Plot acceleration in progress, Did the DM crit on the facepalm damage.

Kallisti
2009-11-24, 10:31 PM
Yes, I did crit, actually. Thanks in no small part to the fact that your sig is still wrong. It should be "If you think this sig is clever...", not "If you think I'm clever..."

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 10:43 PM
Tyndmyr heads for the back. Whatever this raid is, it doesn't sound like much fun. He glances around, wondering if perhaps someone here is a snitch.

His spot check: [roll0]

Kallisti
2009-11-24, 10:49 PM
Eleven? You see people. There are lots of them. That's about it.