PDA

View Full Version : MtG: Planeshock WW Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Duos
2009-09-30, 04:45 PM
Magic the Gathering: Planeshock
A Werewolf Twist

Reclining in his private meditation realm, Nicol Bolas is bored. This bodes very badly for the rest of the multiverse.

"What now, that my bid for the mana of Alara has failed. What to do?"

Bolas taps his chin thoughtfully, before slowly breaking into a grin.

"A bit of wanton cruelty and bloodshed seem to be in order. I shall host a tournament of champions, one whose contestants are skilled enough to amuse me. I just need reach out and pluck some insignificant insects out from their homes, and..."

Nicol Bolas stretches his considerable length and concentrates, before releasing a tide of eldritch energy that sweeps through the Multiverse. Everywhere, (And everyWHEN in some cases) creatures and people are swept up, vanishing into nowhere before tumbling down into cages of black metal, contained in a huge cathedral like structure. Nicol Bolas stands over them all grinning with chilling humor.

"Greetings. You have all been luckily selected to participate in gladiatorial combat for my amusement. If your team survives, I may let you go. May."

Bolas laughs before turning and stalking out of the enormous room. The cages all spring open. Prepare for the fight of your life, contestant.

The Rules
The Lynch
The lynch works a little bit differently. If you remember Baron Fatbelly 4, you might get the general idea. Two people are chosen by the general populace, one as an attacker and one as a blocker (for rules purposes). The winner of the exchange is not lynched, although it's entirely possible that both or neither will die. I'm going to try to cut down on those, though.

Post in RED for your attacker vote.
Post in GREEN for your blocker vote.

If an attacker is somehow not blocked, the attacker's damage will be distributed randomly throughout the blocker's team. This is bad, since it means the 'softer' members of your team might die.

There is an additional phase, the Combat phase, during which abilities can be used and sorceries and instants played, that lasts 24 hours, after which the actual lynch death/s (if any) take place.
The Night Phase
There is no night kill ability per se, but several creatures will have the ability to kill others (under certain conditions). These may be used during the day or night phase. Some items may also be used during the night phase.
The Players
Each player takes the role of a creature, and are assigned a power and toughness, and, sometimes, keywords or special abilites. A player's power and toughness are used to calculate lynch results and some special abilites.
Items
A card will be given to a random player in each team at the beginning of each day phase. A card will also be given to any survivors of the lynch/fight. Some players will have the ability to draw cards. Cards have various effects ranging from mild (Shock) to powerful (Path to Exile).
When a card is played, an announcment is made that card (x) has been played, but not who played it. Cards may be played at differnet times depending on their type:
Enchantment: may be played before the lynch during the day phase.
Artifact: may be played before the lynch during the day phase.
Sorcery: May be played before the lynch during the day phase or during the night phase.
Instant: May be played before the lynch during the day phase, during the lynch to affect the outcome, or during the night phase.

You may only cast a spell if it's converted mana cost is LESS than the day/night number. I.E: IT is day three. You may cast any spell with converted mana cost three or less. You may only have seven cards at once, although you may have any number of permanents on the field.

Teams
There are five teams, named here:
Team Alara
Team Mirroden
Team Time Spiral
Team Onslaught
Team Ravnica

The winner is the last team standing!
Roles
This will be a hidden roles game. Roles WILL be revealed upon death, and some abilites may cause a reveal.
Abilites
Most abilities may be used only once per day/night phase. If you use an ability, a notice will appear saying 'A player has done (x)', revealing whan happened, but not who did it.

Player list:
Istari
Croverus (token!)
Wolfbane
Sanity702
Shadowcaller
Murska
Aemoh
Uncle Festy
Oddity
RedScholarGypsy
Lamech
Fleeing Coward
FujinAkari
billtodamax
The Fiery Tower
Banjo1985
Freshmeat
Reinholdt
Kyouhen
Hyozo
Shadowhisper
MOD
Harley
Orzel
The Bookworm
Enrgetic Penguin
rakkoon

Slivers
All slivers currently have:
protection from black

Global Effects
-None-

DAY ONE BEGINS NOW AND ENDS IN 48 HOURS.

banjo1985
2009-10-01, 05:15 AM
So...lets get this started shall we?

Croverus
Rakkoon

The Bookworm
2009-10-01, 06:05 AM
Istari and Energetic Penguin.

Murska
2009-10-01, 06:15 AM
MOD and Fleeing Coward.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-01, 08:21 AM
Banjo1985 and Murska would work alot better imo.

rakkoon
2009-10-01, 09:30 AM
Banjo1985 and Murska ?

Sounds like a match I'd like to see

UncleWolf
2009-10-01, 09:38 AM
Shadowcaller and Banjo.

Hyozo
2009-10-01, 09:46 AM
I think I'll go with MOD and Fleeing Coward.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-01, 10:21 AM
Hmm, a chance to kill MOD >.> <.<:smalltongue:

MOD and Fleeing Coward.

Wizibirb
2009-10-01, 12:11 PM
Hmmmm why not
MOD and Fleeing Coward

Croverus
2009-10-01, 12:15 PM
Shadowcaller and Banjo1985

Kyouhen
2009-10-01, 12:20 PM
Hmm, a chance to kill MOD >.> <.<:smalltongue:

MOD and Fleeing Coward.

Unless he's the Darksteel Colossus (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=48158). Then we're all very, very dead. :smalltongue:

Aaanyway, I'll join the MOD vs Fleeing Coward group.

MOD
2009-10-01, 05:15 PM
Me too I'll also join the
MOD
Fleeing Coward

group. :nale:

Lamech
2009-10-01, 05:18 PM
MOD and Murska

And with any luck your both high toughness low attack creatures and we can all eat fluffy cotton candy together in happyness and harmony.

Orzel
2009-10-01, 06:23 PM
MOD and Banjo1985

Freshmeat
2009-10-01, 06:30 PM
For originality's sake, Fleeing Coward vs. MOD!

(although that might just be because putting FC's name in red appeals more to me :smalltongue:)

FujinAkari
2009-10-01, 06:58 PM
MOD and Fleeing Coward

For me as well! Originality is scary :smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile:

Edit: Got the bandwagon wrong!

MOD
2009-10-01, 07:09 PM
Will this be an epic battle or a slap fight Fleeing Coward? Cheatyface

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-01, 07:17 PM
I know I'm doomed. It's obvious MOD has a high power/toughness so I suggest any sliver who isn't on MOD's side tap to deal 1 damage to him so he goes down with me :smalltongue:

Istari
2009-10-01, 07:43 PM
The Bookworm
Freshmeat

For originality

MOD
2009-10-01, 08:46 PM
I suggest
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=74306&type=card MWHAHAHA No one noticed the CHEATYFACE, in my last post.

EnrgeticPenguin
2009-10-01, 09:12 PM
MOD and Murska

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-01, 09:17 PM
MOD and Fleeing Coward :smallamused:

Oddity
2009-10-01, 09:34 PM
Shadowcaller and Fleeing Coward

Reinholdt
2009-10-01, 10:07 PM
First day random at Rakkon and Istari

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-01, 10:14 PM
MOD and Murska for me as well.

Harley
2009-10-02, 12:47 AM
MOD vs. Murska, says I!

Shadowcaller
2009-10-02, 01:19 AM
MOD and Fleeing Coward... I want my ninja deck. :smallfrown:

FujinAkari
2009-10-02, 09:41 AM
I suggest
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=74306&type=card MWHAHAHA No one noticed the CHEATYFACE, in my last post.

Sorry, Mark Rosewater explicitly said that Unglued and Unhinged would never be able to be used for online play :P

UncleWolf
2009-10-02, 11:00 AM
Almost forget to mention it in this thread, but I will be gone from later tonight until Sunday afternoon. Please don't auto me if its possible in this game.

Croverus
2009-10-02, 11:01 AM
So when does the decision get made?

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-02, 11:08 AM
If my calculations are right, you still have ~5 hours to vote. After that, the combat phase begins.

Note: I'm a co-narrator of this game, so please send your actions to both Duos and me. Thank you.

Aemoh
2009-10-02, 02:18 PM
Right then. Haven't voted yet. And my day 1 random goes to...

Enrgetic Penguin vs The Fiery Tower

Cause I'd like to see a Penguin assault a Tower :smalltongue:

Duos
2009-10-02, 04:41 PM
Day PHase One ends. Combat Phase One begins now and ends in 24 hours.

There is surprisingly little confusion-two gladiators are chosen almost immediately from the horde of contestants.

MOD has been chosen as the attacker.

Fleeing Coward Has been chosen as the blocker.

In addition, the following happened during the day phase:

-MOD was tapped! Since he's tapped, he can't be the aggressor... which means that FLEEING COWARD ends up attacking instead. WHAT A TWIST, FOLKS!

- Orzel was tapped, and one damage was dealt to him. He is still not dead.

You have 24 hours to affect combat during the combat phase, either by using abilities or playing cards. At the end of the combat phase, damage is tallied up and dealt and any other effects are triggered.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-02, 05:00 PM
Ok, gone for 48 hours. Please don't auto me.

Croverus
2009-10-02, 05:05 PM
Will probably be afk for 24 hours or so. Gonna try to check in.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-02, 07:39 PM
If MOD is tapped, does he still get to block? I just assumed that tapping him would cancel combat like the real game :smalltongue:

FujinAkari
2009-10-02, 08:17 PM
If MOD is tapped, does he still get to block? I just assumed that tapping him would cancel combat like the real game :smalltongue:

Tapped creatures can still be blockers, they just can't be declared to block :P

Reinholdt
2009-10-02, 08:25 PM
Tapped creatures can still be blockers, they just can't be declared to block :P
But since he was tapped during the day phase, before the attack started, shouldn't he not be in it at all, since he couldn't be declared? Shouldn't it just go down to whoever was next for the most votes?

*checks*
In other words, shouldn't Shadowcaller be attacking Fleeing Coward?

Or in this game, does being tapped only prevent you from attacking? This would make sense, cause I could very easily see a lock occur if enough players were all able to tap themselves and prevent themselves from being a part of the lynch all together, making an endless no-lynch.

Duos
2009-10-02, 08:30 PM
Tapping merely prevents you from being the attacker, as well as shutting off any activated abilities you might have. If the BLOCKER is declared tapped, damage goes through as if the attacker wasn't blocked.

MOD
2009-10-02, 11:49 PM
That would have been more helpful to know ahead of time Duos. Rather than after the battle had started.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-03, 12:14 AM
What happens if both choices got tapped then?

FujinAkari
2009-10-03, 12:15 AM
Live and Learn, and then get Luvs ^_^

rakkoon
2009-10-03, 12:36 AM
Ok, as we are all learning, this damage thing, is it permanent?
So if I'm a 15/16 and I get 5 damage, I stay at 15/11 ?

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-03, 09:02 AM
Unless you get healed somehow, I would guess yes.
Don't ask me, though, I haven't played for at least two months.

But wait, are you implying that you are a 15/16?:smalleek::smalltongue:

Duos
2009-10-03, 10:25 AM
That would have been more helpful to know ahead of time Duos. Rather than after the battle had started.

Well, a glaring error was brought to my attention-If all that's left is roles who can tap people or similar, We end up with a stalemate as they tap all of the attackers. This way, there's assured combat, which keeps the game moving.

Ok, as we are all learning, this damage thing, is it permanent?
So if I'm a 15/16 and I get 5 damage, I stay at 15/11 ?

Nope. If you ARE, say, a 15/16, you need to take a total of 16 damage or more over the course of a single day/combat/night cycle. I.E. you take 9 damage in combat, then you get fireball'd that night for 10 damage, you die. If they wait until the next day to hit you with the fireball, you're not dead, although you will have taken 10 damage, with only 6 more needed to kill you.

Lamech
2009-10-03, 02:31 PM
Wait... so if player A and player B were diecided to fight, and then say player A gets tapped, if I understand right, player A does not deal damage? Is that correct? So in otherwards if I have a teammate who can tap people for me, I can basically be immune to damage in combat. (Unless someone can counter it.)

What if both players selected for lynch get tapped?

Or am I understanding this totally wrong?

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-03, 02:38 PM
I think Tapping the attacker switches the roles. So if your teammate has 1/6, and he gets selected to attack, you can tap him and he becomes the defender.

Though I'll be honest, for most match ups it won't matter unless one player has defender or something. Defender means you can't attack. If you can't fulfill your role(attacker that can't attack) then you deal no damage but still take it. So if a 1/4 Defender attacks a 4/1, the 1/4 dies, but doesn't deal any damage, so the 4/1 leaves.

Orzel
2009-10-03, 03:33 PM
So tapping the attack switches the roles.
Tapping the blocker, damage is dealt to the blocker's team members.
Tapping both, damage is dealt to the blocker's and attacer's team members?

Duos
2009-10-03, 04:32 PM
The two contestants were herded into a large, sloped colosseum, where MOD was given the high ground over Fleeing Coward.

Instead of using the terrain to his advantage however, MOD just sits there, straining heavily as he struggls to overcome some unseen inertia.

Sensing his foe's weakness, Fleeing Coward charges up the hill to assault his opponent.

Battle is joined as Fleeing Coward reaches MOD, the two of them dueling with heavy, brutal strikes. It looks like Fleeing Coward is taking the worst of it-MOD shrugs off blow after blow, as if warded by some unseen force, although Fleeing Coward refuses to go down as well, his fortitude greater than anything MOD seems to be able to dish out. Just when it looks like it's going to be a tie, however...

*FFFFFFFFFFT!*
*FFFFFFFFFFT!*

MOD freezes for a second before collapsing, a pair of needle-sharp spines jutting from his back. Nobody around is found to have a bow, however...

MOD was killed in battle. he was a Zombie Outlander (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=185138), and part of TEAM ALARA.

Two separate slivers used their tap ability to deal one damage each to MOD.
Fleeing Coward has taken 2 damage as part of combat.

It is now NIGHT ONE. If you have any abilites or instants you want to use during this phase before all damage is cleared from all creatures and the untap step, you have 24 hours to do so.

FujinAkari
2009-10-03, 08:21 PM
Wait... so if player A and player B were diecided to fight, and then say player A gets tapped, if I understand right, player A does not deal damage? Is that correct?

No, tapped creatures deal damage normally, in normal Magic anyway.

Edit: And notice how Fleeing Coward apparently can't do any damage to MOD? Dollars to Donuts says he's green :P

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-03, 08:41 PM
No, I'm actually a WUBRG 0/11 artifact creature with defender that Duos made up :smalltongue:

Kyouhen
2009-10-03, 08:46 PM

Edit: And notice how Fleeing Coward apparently can't do any damage to MOD? Dollars to Donuts says he's green :P

I'll see your donuts and raise you a coffee that says he has 2 power. :smalltongue:

Lamech
2009-10-03, 09:50 PM

Cool... Now I just have to summon up a spreadsheet...

Duos
2009-10-04, 11:34 AM
No, I'm actually a WUBRG 0/11 artifact creature with defender that Duos made up :smalltongue:

Hush, you.

rakkoon
2009-10-04, 12:53 PM
But wait, are you implying that you are a 15/16?:smalleek::smalltongue:

I know, I know, I'm the weakest of my team, please don't attack me :smalleek:

Duos
2009-10-04, 07:57 PM
After a good night's rest, all of the creatures and champions that Nicol Bolas has torn from their respective planes are ready to fight for the right to go home. Everyone slept soundly...

Nothing happened during the night.

It is now Day Phase 2. Day ends in 48 hours. All creatures untap, and all damage is gone. Cards out momentarily.

Kyouhen
2009-10-04, 08:34 PM
I know, I know, I'm the weakest of my team, please don't attack me :smalleek:

Sounds to me like someone wants to be attacking. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-10-05, 03:26 AM
Kyouhen and Rakkoon

rakkoon
2009-10-05, 03:26 AM
Ahum ahum, other subject!

The Fiery Tower vs Energetic Penguin

Cause I'd like to see a Tower assault a Pinguin :smallwink:

Oddity
2009-10-05, 03:49 AM
The Fiery Tower vs Rakkoon

I would also like to see a Tower attack something. :smallamused:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-05, 10:50 AM
The Fiery Tower vs Rakkoon

I would also like to see a Tower attack something. :smallamused:

I don't see anything weird with it (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=140201) :smalltongue:

Kyouhen
2009-10-05, 10:57 AM
I vote we see how much damage Fleeing Coward can do. Let's say against... Wolfbane? :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-10-05, 05:08 PM
Fleeing Coward and Wolfbane sound pretty good.

Orzel
2009-10-05, 05:47 PM
The Fiery Tower vs Rakkoon sounds good

Istari
2009-10-05, 07:11 PM
Oddity vs. FujinAkari
for lulz

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-05, 07:18 PM
The Fiery Tower and Murska. 'Cause I don't trust him.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 07:21 PM
The Fiery Tower vs Rakkoonsounds better :smalltongue:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-05, 08:52 PM
Fleeing Coward and Wolfbane, because screwing with voting records is fun!:smallbiggrin:

Meh, stopped being fun:smalltongue:.

FujinAkari
2009-10-05, 09:05 PM
Fleeing Coward is green... Wolfbane is anti-green... :D

billtodamax
2009-10-05, 09:45 PM
Fleeing Coward Wolfbane

Reinholdt
2009-10-05, 09:56 PM
Fleeing Coward and Rakkoon to even up the bandwagons. All four of them.

Wizibirb
2009-10-05, 10:18 PM
Fleeing Coward Wolfbane

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 10:37 PM
I don't mind attacking if I'm forced to (although it sucks been forced to attack again after been picked yesterday as well) but at least let me take out rakkoon with me :smalltongue:
Or better yet, make Murska defend :smallbiggrin:

TFT
2009-10-05, 10:40 PM
Fleeing Coward and... Rakkoon

rakkoon
2009-10-06, 12:47 AM
Yeah, yeah, I'll be standing there with my 15/16 and then I get tapped and twenty slivers kick me when I'm down.... I prefer Fleeing Coward vsWolfbane then

Istari
2009-10-06, 04:54 AM
Bandwagon ahoy!
Fleeing Coward
Rakkoon

Freshmeat
2009-10-06, 06:56 AM
I can live with FC and Wolfbane but (dramatic pause) can they?

Croverus
2009-10-06, 10:05 AM
Fleeing Coward and Wolfbane

I wanna see that fight.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-06, 10:19 AM
I find it amusing that the chicken is attacking the wolf. Though I think if FC survives we should probably let him live for a while; he'd have earned it.

Lamech
2009-10-06, 11:51 AM
Fleeing Coward it would be too funny to not have you attack the wolf(bane). Plus your green so you should stomp everything being a big green stompy guy...

Aemoh
2009-10-06, 04:56 PM
Fleeing Coward and Wolfbane it is then.

FujinAkari
2009-10-06, 06:21 PM
Hey guys! I am leaving town tomorrow morning and may not be back for a week. Please don't auto me :)

UncleWolf
2009-10-06, 06:37 PM
It looks like its me then. I hope I live.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-06, 08:15 PM
Day 2 ends

Nicol Bolas was sitting with annoyed look, on his throne, in the top row of the Colosseum.

"What was that? That last fight was completely anticlimactic. It didn't satisfy me at all. You there, Fleeing Coward or whatever they are calling you. You'll stand in battle once again, but THIS TIME, you better prove your worth."

The Planeswalker looked at the other gladiators.

"Wolfbane, over there looks like good opponent. Now, give me some real action!"

Two designated fighters, Fleeing Coward and Wolfbane stood against each other. After a few moments of deep silence and stillness, Fleeing Coward made the first move. He prepared his furious charge and...

Suddenly, a blunt arrow hit him in the foot. Of course, that was definitely not enough to kill him, but distracted him for enough time, to let Wolfbane use the opportunity and attack his foe...

Summary: Fleeing Coward was declared as an attacker, and Wolfbane as a blocker.

Fleeing Coward was tapped and 1 damage has been dealt to him. He's still alive, but that means Wolfbane is the attacking side in this fight.

COMBAT PHASE 2 begins now, and ends in 24 hours. Send your actions to Duos and me.

People who did not vote today:

Wolfbane
The Bookworm
Harley
Shadowcaller
Hyozo
Uncle Festy (filled away)

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-06, 09:39 PM
All those slivers on my side and noone bothered to tap Wolfbane too? :smalltongue:

Also I'll ask again, what happens if both sides got tapped?

Duos
2009-10-07, 06:51 AM
If the attacker and the blocker gets tapped, then either the attacker deals damage to the blocker's team or vice versa, depending on who gets tapped first. Attacker getting tapped first makes the blocker the attacker, so the blocker deals damage to the attacker's team. If the blocker gets tapped first, he can't block, so the attacker deals damage to the blocker's team.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-07, 06:57 PM
Because of the deadline in the middle of a goddamn night in here, you'll have a few more hours to send your combat actions, before I'll wake up in the morning. :smalltongue:

Dealine is extended for ~6 hours!

Don't waste it!

Oddity
2009-10-08, 12:41 AM
Because of the deadline in the middle of a goddamn night in here, you'll have a few more hours to send your combat actions, before I'll wake up in the morning. :smalltongue:

Dealine is extended for ~6 hours!

Don't waste it!

Comon, waste it. It'd be funny :smallwink:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-08, 12:50 AM
Can I just run away now? I think the chances of me surviving ranges somewhere between 0% and 0% :smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-08, 03:53 AM
Combat Phase 2 ends

...Wolfbane was closing the distance. He was ready to jump on Coward, when... out of nowhere two little needles hit both of them in the back. While the first needle entered FC body (with no real pain reaction whatsoever from Coward), the second one only bounced back from Wolfbane's thick back skin. And then, the sudden realization came to everyone at the coliseum. Wolfbane is not a wolf. He's a CROCODILE! A very, VERY pissed off Crocodile...

The reptile jumped on FC, to bite off his left hand. Coward's limb was quickly teared off with a loud 'CRACK!' noise.

CRACK?

Everyone was expecting blood, but no one saw any. Wolfbane tried to swallow the chunk he already chomped, but he decided it's not a good idea, as hundred of splinters were shredding his mouth, so he spit it out. The remains of FC's hand was entirely wooden. And the the crowd learned the truth again. Wooden hand. Stiff movement. FC is a Treefolk!

Angry Croc jumped again on his enemy, this time to bite his head off. And while his attack succeeded, before his jaw could rip off FC's head, the Coward saw an opening in Wolfbane's natural armor - belly. Using his remaining hand, he pierced crocodile's body. Wolfbane roared in agony. While it was obvious, he'll be dead in a second, he was determined and angry enough, to finally chew off Coward's head, before falling down to the ground. Headless body of FC did the same, and the battlefield was silent again.

"I admit, that was much more interesting..." Said the Dragon Planeswalker.

Summary: Two Slivers tapped themselves to deal one damage to both FC and Wolfbane. Damage on Wolfbane fizzled.

Fleein Coward was killed in battle. He was a Heartwood Storyteller (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=132216) and a member of team Time Spiral

Wolfbane was killed in battle. He was an Algae Gharial (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=174986) with one +1/+1 counter, and a member of Team Alarra.

The following global effect is no more:

Whenever a player casts a spell, each other team will receive a card.

The game enters Night Phase 2. It'll end in ~24 hours. Send your actions to Duos and me.

Oddity
2009-10-08, 05:35 AM
I'll2 be going away for an indeterminate period of time. If someone could post this in all the threads I'm in, please? I really just, can't do this right now.

Brought to you happily by the 'Bill is away' service

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-08, 07:01 AM
Ho boy am I glad we killed Wolfbane. That could have been nasty as anything. That creature has Shroud and grows whenever a player dies? So wrong. If Wolfbane lasted even half the game I think we'd all have been screwed.

Reinholdt
2009-10-08, 07:59 AM
What is shroud? :smallconfused:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-08, 08:05 AM
Shroud means you can't be targetted by any spell or ability.

banjo1985
2009-10-08, 08:10 AM
Wow...another few days and he would have been quite hopelessly tough. :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2009-10-08, 08:15 AM
Quick! Someone ban that card from League WW play!

Croverus
2009-10-08, 10:05 AM
Ok, so we gonna start voting for the next battle? Are we allowed to pick ourselves? Cause I wanna fight someone.

Murska
2009-10-08, 11:16 AM
Wait, a creature with +1/+1 every time someone dies and is ALSO unable to be targetted by spells or abilities? :smalleek:

Holy...

Freshmeat
2009-10-08, 11:20 AM
In this kind of format, that really has a ton of gamebreaking potential.
Glad we got rit of it early.

Lamech
2009-10-08, 11:30 AM
And I thought the narrators carefully poured over everything... back to hoping for infinite combos.

UncleWolf
2009-10-08, 03:01 PM
:smallsigh:

Darn, I had hoped to be able to survive just another day or two.

Croverus
2009-10-08, 03:04 PM
Oh well. Vote for me in the next round!

Duos
2009-10-08, 03:46 PM
Just thought I'd interject here.

Yes, shroud prevents TARGETED effects, but not global effects. Cards like Wrath of God would still affect them, deathtouch still works on them, wither still works, and non-targeted effects like 'destroy the creature with the greatest power' still work. In no way would I (or did I) let something like shroud negatively impact the overall balance of the game. Coupled with the ability to grow, yes, Wolfbane's role was frightening, but he wouldn't have been impossible to kill, even if he became some huge 12/12 monstrosity.

UncleWolf
2009-10-08, 03:48 PM
Coupled with the ability to grow, yes, Wolfbane's role was frightening, but he wouldn't have been impossible to kill, even if he became some huge 12/12 monstrosity.

*blanks out*

So...pretty...

Still, its great to know I struck fear into the hearts of men even after I died. :smallbiggrin:

Croverus
2009-10-08, 03:49 PM
Heck they weren't really that afraid of you until AFTER you died.

That's almost like my effects... only mine are more literal.

UncleWolf
2009-10-08, 04:02 PM
Question, should there be a creature who's death resurrects everyone from the graveyard upon death, would I start over, or gain the +1/+1 from the creature who just died? :smallconfused:

Duos
2009-10-08, 05:22 PM
Well, the creature dies first, then the resurrection ability goes on the stack, then you come back to life. So, you wouldn't get a +1/+1 counter, and start off at a 1/1. Then you would probably be forced into combat by the rest of the players out of fear, and die again.:smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-08, 05:26 PM
Question, should there be a creature who's death resurrects everyone from the graveyard upon death, would I start over, or gain the +1/+1 from the creature who just died? :smallconfused:

When a creature comes back to play, it always goes as it just entered the play unless a resurrecting effect says otherwise (see for example Vigor Mortis (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=88986)). So if someone would resurrect you, you would be back at 1/1

Croverus
2009-10-08, 05:27 PM
What about when a creature dies and it creates tokens upon its death. When it's brought back, are the token creatures removed or do they stay and now if the origional creature dies again there are two token creatures (assuming the first is still alive.)

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-08, 05:33 PM
What about when a creature dies and it creates tokens upon its death. When it's brought back, are the token creatures removed or do they stay and now if the origional creature dies again there are two token creatures (assuming the first is still alive.)

Yes, the token stays, no matter what will happen with a token-maker, unless it's said otherwise. If a creature makes a token upon his death, and it's brought back to life later, the token is still on the battlefield, and if that creature would die again, another token would be made.

Lamech
2009-10-08, 06:01 PM

Yes, shroud prevents TARGETED effects, but not global effects. Cards like Wrath of God would still affect them, deathtouch still works on them, wither still works, and non-targeted effects like 'destroy the creature with the greatest power' still work. In no way would I (or did I) let something like shroud negatively impact the overall balance of the game. Coupled with the ability to grow, yes, Wolfbane's role was frightening, but he wouldn't have been impossible to kill, even if he became some huge 12/12 monstrosity.

How would wrath of god balance that. Well I mean it would make the game very balanced but not the point. Everyone would die.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-08, 06:05 PM
How would wrath of god balance that. Well I mean it would make the game very balanced but not the point. Everyone would die.

I think it was just an example of a global killing effect. It could be as well Hideous Laughter (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Hideous%20Laughter), or really anything.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-09, 03:40 AM
Night 2 ends

Nothing happened.

DAY 3 Begins and ends in ~48 hours. Vote for attackers and blockers, and send your actions to Duos and me, if you want to use your abilities.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-09, 08:47 AM
Shadowhisper and Murska.
I'm feeling confident.
...I probably shouldn't be feeling this confident, should I?

Murska
2009-10-09, 09:03 AM
Croverus and Bookworm. He wanted to fight.

Harley
2009-10-09, 02:57 PM
TheFieryTower vs. Freshmeat I smell barbecue.

Croverus
2009-10-09, 04:07 PM
Croverus vs TheFireyTower

I'd rather not fight my own teammate. This battle would be more fun.

Istari
2009-10-09, 04:31 PM
Shadowhisper
Murska

He volunteered :smallbiggrin:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-09, 04:48 PM
Croverus Vs. Freshment

Well, we know who going to attack....:smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2009-10-09, 05:09 PM
Guh.
Gone for 48 hours, no autolynch please.

The Bookworm
2009-10-09, 06:31 PM
Shadowhisper and Murska.

Murska
2009-10-09, 07:51 PM
Freshmeat then.

Orzel
2009-10-09, 10:00 PM
Croverus Vs. Freshmeat

Lamech
2009-10-10, 02:30 AM
Murska vs Croverus. I'm differant!

Oddity
2009-10-10, 03:35 AM
Croverus vs Freshmeat

Shadowcaller
2009-10-10, 04:15 AM
Freshmeat and Murska. :smallcool:

Freshmeat
2009-10-10, 05:51 AM
Croverus vs Murska then.

Kyouhen
2009-10-10, 07:49 AM
Croverus, use splash on Freshmeat!

Reinholdt
2009-10-10, 09:55 AM
Croverus and Freshmeat

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-10, 10:08 AM
Croverus and Freshmeat then.

Hyozo
2009-10-10, 03:20 PM
I think I'll actually support Croverus and Murska.

Wizibirb
2009-10-10, 11:27 PM
Murska vs Croverus.

Duos
2009-10-11, 12:43 AM
Update will be a little bit later than it should be-I need to do this thing called "sleep", you see. If you haven't voted yet, now's your chance.

banjo1985
2009-10-11, 09:12 AM
Banjo and Harley

FujinAkari
2009-10-11, 09:22 AM
Croverus and Freshmeat

I popped back in up in NY and am just followingt he crowd, don't really have time to see why the bandwagon exists X_x

Duos
2009-10-11, 10:36 AM
Day Ends!

Nicol Bolas enters the gladiatorial chamber, rubbing his claws together.
"Yesterday's bloodbath was most pleasing. Who is it going to be today? COme now, don't be shy. You'll likely as not end up mostly unharmed."
The Dragon Planeswalker chuckles malevolently.
The gathered masses shuffle about, none to eager to get caught up in a fight before Croverus steps forward, surprisingly out of his own volition.
""I'll fight. I'll tear anyone else here apart."
Bolas Grins.
"Such confidence. And now, the other contestant, please step forward, that we may begin today's entertainment."
There's a little bit of shoving in the crowd, and then Freshmeat is violently pushed out in front, where he trips and lands on his face. He gets up, looking dazed and more than a little worried.
Nicol Bolas Smiles widely and claps his hands together.
"Good. Now, everyone else into the stands. We must leave our contestants for now while I go get some popcorn."
When Nicol Bolas turns to leave, a small, golden object is slipped into one of the competitors pockets, and, at the same time, someone slips on an ornate helm underneath their hood...

Occurances
Croverus has been chosen as the attacker.
Freshmeat has been chosen as a blocker.
Someone dealt one Damage to Freshmeat, tapping him in the process.
Someone played a Star Compass (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=45463), allowing them to play spells one turn earlier.
Someone played and equipped someone with a Peregrine Mask (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=89090). This gives them Flying and First Strike, but they can no longer attack.

It is now Combat Phase Three. You have 24 hours to send in any additional actions to take place during the fight.

Duos
2009-10-12, 04:02 PM
The gathered masses jostle about restlessly. Soon, however, the arena gates open wide. At one end stands Croverus, decked out in menacing-looking plate, and at the other, stands Freshmeat, who wields a carven staff. Croverus Suddenly charges Freshmeat with a roar, drawing a spiked mace and bringing it down in a vicious overhead swing. Freshmeat dives out of the way, and, to everybody's surprise, instead of taking a bite of dirt, soars into the air, far above Croverus's head. Gritting his teeth, Croverus yells at him.

"Get down here so I can hurt you!"

Freshmeat grins, and signals to someone in the crowd. A flash of light, and a ghostly third eye hovers above his brow, twitching back and forth in constant vigil. He points his staff at Croverus like a battle lance and grins.

"Gladly, Cur."

Nosing over, Freshmeat goes into a steep dive, and skewers the surprised Croverus through a gap in his mail, burying the sharpend tip of the staff in his innards like a harpoon in a kraken. Croverus falls over backwards, bellowing in agony and clutching at the wound, blood flowing from the wound and seeping around the staff's haft and through Croverus's Clenched fingers. Freshmeat pauses in his sweeping ascent, turning to watch Croverus stumble to his feet, bleeding.

"Is that it? Not that I'm surprised. People need to learn the value of disci-"

Freshmeat is interrupted by Croverus's hacking laugh.

"I'm not down yet. Besides, I haven't had a shot at you... And you're IN REACH!"

With those words Croverus draws a barbed whip from beneath his cloak and snaps it at Freshmeat, who is surprised enough that he's unable to dodge. Croverus yanks down the floating warrior and grapples him, pounding him mercilessly with his weapons before tossing the broken body aside.

"I won't beaten by anyone. Especially not the likes of an old man like you."

And with those words, the people in the crowds realize that Freshmeat IS just an old man, sitting on a supportive hoverchair...

Freshmeat was killed in Combat. He was Grand Arbiter Augustin IV (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=107329). He was part of TEAM RAVNICA.
Someone played a copy of Triclopean Sight (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=146580) On Freshmeat before he died.
Croverus has been dealt three damage.
Freshmeat's Global effect is gone: Spells can be cast at regular times now.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to PM any spells or actions you wish to take to me and Opeth_Freak before damage is removed and the next day starts.

Murska
2009-10-12, 08:09 PM
So... Which team was Freshmeat in and how much damage has Croverus got? :smallconfused:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-12, 08:13 PM
Croverus has 3 damage on him, and Freshmeat was team ravnica. which means Croverus is at least 4/4, as FM was 3/4 before he died

Duos
2009-10-12, 09:14 PM
Right. It's implied, since the information is there- although I should prolly add that to the narration to be clear.:smallredface:

Orzel
2009-10-13, 04:46 AM
So Croverus is at least 4/4 humaniod race crature without flying and not from Ravnica

rakkoon
2009-10-13, 04:47 AM
How do we know he's humanoid?

Kyouhen
2009-10-13, 11:47 AM
How do we know he's humanoid?

That does seem to be the question, doesn't it? How much do we actually learn from the narrations? For all we know he could be one of any number of nice big spiders.

Croverus
2009-10-13, 11:56 AM
That does seem to be the question, doesn't it? How much do we actually learn from the narrations? For all we know he could be one of any number of nice big spiders.

Yes, I'm a big spider that fights with a giant mace and spiked chain. :smallbiggrin:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-13, 12:10 PM
Yes, I'm a big spider that fights with a giant mace and spiked chain. :smallbiggrin:

Big spider (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=189895) that fights with a giant mace (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=79231) and spiked chain (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=180311), you say? :smallamused:

Kyouhen
2009-10-13, 12:16 PM
Big spider (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=189895) that fights with a giant mace (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=79231) and spiked chain (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=180311), you say? :smallamused:

Wrong spider. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=144249) :smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-13, 12:19 PM
Wrong spider. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=144249) :smalltongue:

And how do you know, if he didn't use the ability of his chain to pump his power. huh? Who's the co-narrator here? :smalltongue:

Kyouhen
2009-10-13, 12:54 PM
And how do you know, if he didn't use the ability of his chain to pump his power. huh? Who's the co-narrator here? :smalltongue:

Because the Giant Spider is an m10 monster, and there is no Team m10. :smallbiggrin:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-13, 01:12 PM
Because the Giant Spider is an m10 monster, and there is no Team m10. :smallbiggrin:

Or is it? (DUN DUN DUN!) :smalltongue:

Duos
2009-10-13, 05:54 PM
As night settles, Croverus reclines triumphantly in his bunk, admiring the set of teeth he pilfered from his last victim and nursing the hole in his side. There's a knock on his door, and he gets up to investigate...

"Whaddaya want?"

"Hello sir! I just wanted to congratulate you on your splendiferous win today!"

"Heh, Yeah, I did kick the tar outta that guy. But what do you WANT? Don't make me get the mace..."

"Oh, PERISH the though of me wasting your time, sir! I just wanted to give you this mace I made in your honor, sir!"

The figure in the doorway hands Croverus a large, round object, covered in spikes and lumps, that's ticking ominously. Croverus looks at the figure in the doorway. Then at the sphere. Then at the figure again.

"This is a bomb, not a mace."

"Well, yeah. Toodles!"

*Whoomph!*

When the dust settles, nothing is left. A faint moaning and groaning is heard from Croverus's room, however...

Someone played a copy of Guerilla Tactics (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=45376) on Croverus, blowing him to smithereens. He was a Grixis Slavedriver (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=179804), and part of TEAM ALARA.
Croverus left play, giving him a 2/2 zombie token. This token may participate in combat and play spells, but does not count towards a part of team alara (meaning if he's the only one left except for another team, that team wins.)

Night three ends.
Day four begins now. You have 48 hours to vote.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-13, 06:14 PM
Also, reminder to Slivers - your tap for 1 dmg on attacker or blocker works ONLY IN COMBAT PHASE, as after damage distribution attacker stops attacking, and blocker stops blocking, so they're not attackers or blockers anymore (duh :smalltongue:).

rakkoon
2009-10-14, 03:32 AM
Sooo, two dead and that was when at least one sliver was too late to deal damage? I have the feeling that the matches are becoming death sentences for both parties.

Harley istari anyone?

banjo1985
2009-10-14, 09:37 AM
I prefer Harley Banjo myself :smallwink:

Croverus
2009-10-14, 09:51 AM
Banjo and Haley

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-14, 09:56 AM
Banjo and Haley

Pssht. You're dead :smalltongue:

Croverus
2009-10-14, 10:01 AM
I can't vote? I have a token on the field

rakkoon
2009-10-14, 10:01 AM
Can Zombies vote?

Edit: ninja zombies

Croverus
2009-10-14, 10:02 AM
They can eat your brains. If I can eat brains for my team, I should be able to vote. Zombies have rights too!

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-14, 10:08 AM
Ho hum... At least that's what I understood from the text. I guess, we'll have to wait for Duos's clarification.

Rest of you... Carry on :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-10-14, 10:30 AM
Croverus's Zombie Token and The Bookworm.

Reinholdt
2009-10-14, 10:39 AM
Harley Banjo

Wizibirb
2009-10-14, 12:23 PM
Croverus's Zombie Token and The Bookworm.

Duos
2009-10-14, 12:40 PM
Yes, Croverus can vote. He's dead to rights, after all.:smallbiggrin:

Kyouhen
2009-10-14, 02:12 PM
Croverus' token and The Bookworm sounds good to me. And you can't complain because you aren't on the same team now! :smallbiggrin:

Croverus
2009-10-14, 02:49 PM
Ok, fine, I'm not on their team. Which means that if I get tapped as the attacker the "blocker" won't hurt anyone. :smallbiggrin:

Kyouhen
2009-10-14, 03:01 PM
Ok, fine, I'm not on their team. Which means that if I get tapped as the attacker the "blocker" won't hurt anyone. :smallbiggrin:

Which just means no slivers should be tapping you doesn't it? :smallbiggrin:

Croverus
2009-10-14, 03:05 PM
My origonal teammate can still tap me. And I still have a card.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-14, 07:09 PM
Shadowhisper and Croverus' zombie token sounds really good to me.

The Bookworm
2009-10-14, 08:26 PM
Save self! Please! Croverus the Zombie and Banjo. However, I think my dear team is nearly dead already... :smallfrown:

Aemoh
2009-10-14, 09:36 PM
Croverus's Zombie Token vs The Bookworm

Sounds good to me.

Lamech
2009-10-14, 10:49 PM
Zombie token, and the banjo Fight the power!

Croverus
2009-10-15, 12:30 AM
I change my vote to My zombie token vs Banjo Cause I wanna kill someone as a zombie!

Also, it says I can be brought back form the graveyard for a mana cost for at least one turn... how would I make that work?

rakkoon
2009-10-15, 01:59 AM
Croverus's Zombie Token vs Banjo

is equally good for me. And if Croverus comes back a third time as a Ghoul, he fights again!!

Orzel
2009-10-15, 05:11 AM
Croverus' token and The Bookworm sounds good to me. And you can't complain because you aren't on the same team now! :smallbiggrin:

that's my choice.

Lamech
2009-10-15, 05:48 AM
Hey we could bring corveuos back and have him fight himself!

Croverus
2009-10-15, 09:27 AM
Actually if I come back I come back on my team, and count as if I was still alive. So no, you don't want a 4/4 on the field AGAIN, especially now that we're holding nothing back.

Hyozo
2009-10-15, 09:30 AM
Croverus's zombie token vs. Unearthed Croverus. Just for fun.

And no, that wouldn't work croverus. As I interpret it, you would come back, kill your zombie token, and then the turn would end with you dying so much that you're deader than dead. Unearth is not a ressurection.

Croverus
2009-10-15, 10:06 AM
I'm saying I can still fight for my team if we spend the mana to bring me back for that turn and I get picked to fight.

Murska
2009-10-15, 10:07 AM
Then we can use you to fight against your own team. :smallsmile:

Croverus
2009-10-15, 10:10 AM
I thought only my team can revive me, since it says "return from your graveyard" and I'm not in any other Team's graveyard.

Murska
2009-10-15, 10:12 AM
Maybe, but anyone can vote you for lynch. :smallwink:

Croverus
2009-10-15, 10:25 AM
Meh people are just picking on my Team is all. Especially cause every fight we're in we take our enemy down with us.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-15, 10:49 AM
Harley vs FujinAkari.

Hyozo
2009-10-15, 11:06 AM
I'll change to Croverus's zombie token vs. The Bookworm

Kyouhen
2009-10-15, 11:21 AM
Croverus's zombie token vs. Unearthed Croverus. Just for fun.

And no, that wouldn't work croverus. As I interpret it, you would come back, kill your zombie token, and then the turn would end with you dying so much that you're deader than dead. Unearth is not a ressurection.

Actually he wouldn't be deader than dead, he'd have another token kicking around when he poofs. Which actually means that if Team Alara can keep him from killing his zombie token then they'd have 2 tokens running around instead.

Murska
2009-10-15, 11:23 AM
Then we'd arrange a deathmatch between Croverus's Zombie Token 1 and Croverus's Zombie Token 2. :smallbiggrin:

Croverus
2009-10-15, 11:28 AM
I thought the voting system was to avoid Lynching one team... hmmm... Isn't that interesting.

Reinholdt
2009-10-15, 02:35 PM
We can has updated player list please?

Kyouhen
2009-10-15, 02:41 PM
Then we'd arrange a deathmatch between Croverus's Zombie Token 1 and Croverus's Zombie Token 2. :smallbiggrin:

That would be overly amusing, if not completely pointless. :smalltongue:

Croverus
2009-10-15, 02:51 PM
Wait... so... my tokens are basically neutral then... making them worthless because everyone not on my team is going to try and turn my tokens against my team. How the **** is that fair?!

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-15, 03:03 PM
We can has updated player list please?

Here you go:

Istari
Croverus (as a zombie token)
Sanity702
Shadowcaller
Murska
Aemoh
Uncle Festy
Oddity
RedScholarGypsy
Lamech
FujinAkari
billtodamax
The Fiery Tower
Banjo1985
Reinholdt
Kyouhen
Hyozo
Shadowhisper
Harley
Orzel
The Bookworm
Enrgetic Penguin
rakkoon

Hyozo
2009-10-15, 03:14 PM
How the **** is that fair?!

It's not. Why should it be?

Croverus
2009-10-15, 03:27 PM
It's not. Why should it be?

Because having a team destroy itself completely makes the point of having a team useless. The only advantage of having a team is if you have an ability affected by how many people are on your side. That, and ganging up on people... Oh wait, that's happening now, becuase the other teams are choosing people from the same team to fight because it'll increase the chance of that team being eliminated very quickly.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-15, 03:33 PM
Just a quick note from Co-Narrator

You know... Remember, that (at least at the beginning) no one knew who was the member of which enemy team. So ganging up is impossible, unless someone gave the Alarra/Mirrodin/Whatever other team member list to someone else, but in that case you brought it on yourself.

Co-Mod out, please carry on.

Croverus
2009-10-15, 03:52 PM
Just a quick note from Co-Narrator

You know... Remember, that (at least at the beginning) no one knew who was the member of which enemy team. So ganging up is impossible, unless someone gave the Alarra/Mirrodin/Whatever other team member list to someone else, but in that case you brought it on yourself.

Co-Mod out, please carry on.

Well if the Mod says so

Istari
2009-10-15, 04:06 PM
Croverus vs. The Bookworm

FujinAkari
2009-10-15, 06:20 PM
Croverus vs. The Bookworm for me too please!

Croverus
2009-10-15, 09:52 PM
God I hate you all.

Fine, Rakkon, we're not buffing me, i'm gonna make sure nothing happens in fact. Tap who we tlaked about.

Hyozo
2009-10-15, 10:08 PM
Fine, Rakkon, we're not buffing me, i'm gonna make sure nothing happens in fact. Tap who we tlaked about.

Yeah, because that bluff isn't transparent at all... :smallsigh:

Croverus
2009-10-15, 10:16 PM
No, I'm scrapping our origional plan of making the otekn strong so it can beat the snot out of banjo. Now we're going to make sure the battle is pretty boring.

Oddity
2009-10-15, 11:25 PM
Aemoh vs Lamech

Harley
2009-10-16, 01:00 AM
Kyouhen vs. Hyozo

banjo1985
2009-10-16, 04:49 AM
No, I'm scrapping our origional plan of making the otekn strong so it can beat the snot out of banjo. Now we're going to make sure the battle is pretty boring.

Charmed I'm sure. :smallwink:

I is playing turtle because happy isn't playing. :smalltongue:

Duos
2009-10-16, 06:39 AM
Nicol Bolas is dismayed. Someone had blown up yesterday's champion, which was a rather unsporting thing to do.

"Alright. I'm rather disappointed in you lot. Killing a man while he's wounded."

Bolas shakes his head.

"You didn't even have the decency to make sure he was dead. Look at this! There's a zombie shambling around and gnawing on my decor. This is unacceptable."

Bolas points at Banjo1985.

"You there. Take care of corpse disposal."

Banjo is ushered into the arena, and Croverus is tossed in after him. As Banjo stands up, someone throws a rock at him, hitting him in the back of the head and knocking him to the ground. While everyone is laughing at his terrible yet humorous fortune, someone passes a cruel looking bludgeon to someone else.

Elsewhere, someone finishes up carving a terrible, eldritch mark on their wall...

Someone dealt one damage to Banjo and tapped him.
Someone played and equipped someone with a Vulshok Morningstar (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=83447).
Someone played a copy of Unspeakable Symbol (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=46418).

It is now Combat Phase Four. You have 24 hours to submit your actions before combat is resolved.

Duos
2009-10-17, 11:57 AM
Croverus the lovable zombie (tm) clambers slowly around the arena, until he spies the cowering form of Banjo1985. Banjo stands up and scrabbles backwards as Croverus approaches, terrified of the shambling corpse.

"Back, foul creature! Don't make me- GEAH!"

An eldritch blast suddenly sweeps over Banjo, peeling his face off and blowing away his muscle tone in miasma of shifting light. He collapses, unconscious. The Zombie-Croverus sniffs at Banjo's body, and, apparently unsatisfied, wanders into the gate nearby-where Banjo's allies are standing in a horrified trance. Zombie Croverus tears into them with an unholy fury that makes the rest of the crowd shudder in revulsion. When the rain of gore stops, a body lies motionless on the ground, and others stagger about, wounded by the ravenous dead.

Istari was killed by an unblocked Croverus. He was a Fangren Firstborn (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=46058) and part of TEAM MIRRODEN.
RedScholarGypsy was dealt one damage by the unblocked Croverus.
Banjo1945 was dealt one damage by the unblocked Croverus. He has taken a total of 2 damage this day phase.
Someone played a copy of Ego Erasure (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=139692) on Banjo1945.

The following people must vote tomorrow or be Autolynched:
billtodamax
TheFieryTower
EnrgeticPenguin

It is now NIGHT FOUR. YOu have 24 hours to play spells or abilities before the untap step and before damage is removed.

Orzel
2009-10-17, 12:37 PM
Wait a second. How can someone pay life for the Unspeakable Symbol? No one has life.

Duos
2009-10-17, 02:45 PM
Currently, it takes the form of "deal three damage to self".

Murska
2009-10-17, 02:49 PM
That 'someone' has at least ?/4 then.

Duos
2009-10-17, 10:05 PM
Not necessarily. They may be ?/?. OF course, the thing does buggerall for them if they have toughness less than three, but hey, it's still there!

Murska
2009-10-17, 10:06 PM
But someone used it, didn't he? :smallconfused:

rakkoon
2009-10-18, 06:51 AM
That was ... interesting

Kyouhen
2009-10-18, 10:11 AM
But someone used it, didn't he? :smallconfused:

It's an equipment, which implies it's still there.

Duos
2009-10-18, 10:16 AM
It's an enchantment, so yes, it stays in play. Playing the card and activating it are two different things, however.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-18, 10:22 AM
I would also like to notice, that I didn't got a PM about playing neither Unspeakable Symbol, nor Vulshok Morningstar. Remember, that from time to time, I'll be also updating this game, and if you won't send me those PM's there's a chance your action will be ignored, simply because I never got it.

Duos
2009-10-18, 04:31 PM
After the previous day's bloodbath, no one is really wanting to go to sleep. Some manage to drift off, others twitch and shiver in the corner of their rooms, keeping an eye out for any marauding dead people. But the night is quiet...

Nothing happened.

It is now Day Five. You have 48 hours to vote before the combat phase begins.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-18, 04:41 PM
*blinks*
… have I not voted yet this game? :smalleek:
Well, er…
Rakkoon VS. Murska.
I guess.

billtodamax
2009-10-18, 11:52 PM
Festy and Hyozo

Lamech
2009-10-19, 07:59 AM
oddity against Murska

Murska
2009-10-19, 11:53 AM
Shadowhisper vs. Hyozo today, please.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-19, 12:04 PM
Shadowhisper vs. Hyozo.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-19, 12:13 PM
Darn obvious voting patterns, but yeah Shadowhisper vs. Hyozo seems better then the other options that have been presented until now.

Croverus
2009-10-19, 12:27 PM
Shadowhisper attacks Hyozo

Bandwagon GO!

rakkoon
2009-10-19, 01:43 PM
game on then

Shadowhisper Hyozo

Kyouhen
2009-10-19, 03:26 PM
Shadowhisper and Hyozo! Bwahaha!

The Bookworm
2009-10-19, 05:08 PM
Shadowhisper and Hyozo!

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 05:11 PM
Festy vs. Murska

Aemoh
2009-10-19, 05:54 PM
Shadowhisper & Murska sounds fun.

Been a bit since I could try and even votes, feels nice :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2009-10-19, 06:31 PM
Hey guys I will need to withdraw from this game so If someone who has died previously would like to be back in they can replace me assuming this is ok with Duos,
sorry guys

Orzel
2009-10-19, 06:51 PM
Festy vs. Hyozo.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-19, 07:48 PM
Shadowhisper and Hyozo sounds fine to me.

Oddity
2009-10-20, 02:26 AM
Lamech vs Hyozo

Hyozo
2009-10-20, 07:33 AM
I think I'll send Shadowwhisper against that traitor Murska. Yes, I've seen this coming for the entire game, but I think it can be turned around. And as for you Time Spiral and Alara cowards who are siding with him now, know that Murska was the head of the alliance which has been targeting you for this entire game.

Lamech
2009-10-20, 07:37 AM
Wait, you let Murska lead something? I mean I'm all for trusting Murska, but letting him lead something when he has to kill you? Thats really just a bad idea.

Hyozo
2009-10-20, 07:45 AM
Wait, you let Murska lead something? I mean I'm all for trusting Murska, but letting him lead something when he has to kill you? Thats really just a bad idea.

We did our best to keep him in check, but the other two members of the alliance both knew that if we went against him too much, he would drop us and try to recruit Time Spiral. Members of team Time Spiral and Alara, if you support Murska's suggestions, Onslaught will win. The same goes for Mirroden and Ravnica.

Murska
2009-10-20, 08:01 AM
Me? Lead? Hey, I did suggest it(back when I was unaware of such things as 'slivers') but we were all equals. I recall myself as the one who shared the most information about my team to others, too.

Croverus
2009-10-20, 09:05 AM
I personally don't care, technically I'm dead, and I expect nothing less than Murska backstabbing me once he has gotten your team out of the way. I've got nothing to lose, and you were so eager to destroy my team that I just want to see you taken down.

Duos
2009-10-20, 06:07 PM
Nicol Bolas enters the arena in a foul mood.

"All I ask is that you put up a good fight. Just ONE ROUND of horrid, visceral combat! And what do I get? A coward who sits in the corner and allows his teammates to be slaughtered. I am THIS close to just killing you lot and getting a new batch of contestants!"

One of the contestants in the back pipes up (perhaps unwisely)...

"Just send us home already. You're not gonna get the show you want."

Nicol Bolas whirls to face the voice.

"Or I could just do as I said I would, and end your pathetic life."

Bolas lashes out with a bolt of crackling eldritch energy, blasting away the unfortunate smart-mouth and some of the heros a bit too close to ground zero. He smiles and blows the smoke away from his claws.

"Now, who shall be our lucky contestants this fine day?"

Leaning over the assembled (and now terrified) crowd, Bolas inspects the combatants for a minute or so before making his choice. He points at two people.

"You there-Shadowhisper-You shall be the aggressor. And you-Hyozo-defend yourself from him."

Nicol Bolas exits the room.

"And let's see some ACTION this time!"

While everyone is distracted, two people decide to take advantage of the confusion-one person casts a subtle spell, lifting Shadowhisper off the ground, while someone else takes a more direct approach-smacking someone in the back of the head with a blackjack.

Shadowhisper has been chosen as the attacker.
Hyozo has been chosen as the blocker.
Someone cast Updraft (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3954) on Shadowhisper.
Someone dealt one damage to RedScholarGypsy, tapping him in the process.

The following people have been auto'd/had to leave for some unfortunate reason or another:
Sanity702 has died. He was an Izzet Guildmage (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=96966) and part of TEAM RAVNICA.
The Fiery Tower has died. He was an Arcbound Slith (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=50939) and part of TEAM MIRRODIN.
Enrgetic Penguin has died. He was a Quilled Sliver (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=111051) and part of TEAM TIME SPIRAL.

Combat Phase Five Begins in 24 hours. Submit any actions during that time to Opeth_Freak or me.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-20, 06:14 PM
Remember - Death of Enrgetic Penguin means, ALL slivers lost the ability to shoot for 1 dmg during the combat phase.

Hyozo
2009-10-21, 01:13 PM
*facepalm* Well, there goes half of the plan to save my team. Maybe we'll get lucky, and the other half will be enough. To my teammate who has it, if you haven't done so already, play our most recent card.

billtodamax
2009-10-21, 02:46 PM
Hey all! Bill'll be away for three days or so. I'll be up at Brisbane and might get some internet access, but please don't auto me.

TFT
2009-10-21, 08:01 PM
If I got auto'd, I'm going to apologize. I thought for three days I had voted(I did look in the thread, at least...), and 3 days in a row I ended up not having voted :smallfrown:

Duos
2009-10-21, 09:07 PM
Combat phase end will be postponed by about 24 hours- I came down with a wicked head cold and I can't think straight, due to the massive amounts of sedatives in my bloodstream.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-22, 06:23 AM
Gone for 3 days, don't auto me.

Duos
2009-10-22, 08:12 PM
The (dwindling) crowd cheers as Shadowhisper enters the arena. He waves to the assembled crowd as his opponent steps out of a gate at the opposite end of the arena. Hyozo looks indignant, drawing a rapier and flourishing it at Shadowhisper with disdain.

"You? Hah. You should surrender now before I humiliate you and put your head on a pike."

Shadowisper scowls at Hyozo's disrespect. How dare he! Shadowhisper switches instantly from crowd-pleaser mode to kill-maim mode, growling and spitting like a madman.

"Yeah? Come over here and say that to MY FACE!!! I'LL RIP YOU APART!"

He lunges forward and draws a warhammer, bringing it down in a vicious overhead arc, Hyozo slaps the weapon away and dodges, putting a hole in Shadowhisper's rear armor.

"Only if you can actually hit me, I'm afraid."

Shadowhisper smiles grimly and flourishes the hammer, which belches forth a clot of green slime, coating the weapon.

"All I'll need is one."

Crouching, Shadowhisper leaps into the air, soaring over the surprised Hyozo. He turns and goes into a steep dive, bringing the poisoned hammer to bear for a devastating uppercut. Hyozo readies himself for an action roll, but is hit with a bolt of psychic energy, which overlaods his nervous system and paralyzes him. Shadowhisper closes in for the kill-

And MISSES, as a blanket of thick white fog suddenly covers the arena.

"Where are you, coward? Is this miasma your doing?"

A surprised answer drifts through the cloud cover.

"Me? I though it was YOU."

There is a halfhearted attempt at further killings and maimings, but the dense fog makes it impossible. Finally, the match is declared a draw, and both parties retire unsatisfied.

Someone played a copy of Lace with Moonglove (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=143376) on Shadowhisper.
Someone tapped Hyozo.
Someone played a copy of Fog (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=189919).

It is now NIGHT FIVE. Please send in any actions you may wish to take within 24 hours.

Murska
2009-10-23, 03:22 PM
Boo. Rematch!

Kyouhen
2009-10-23, 03:36 PM
Fog. It's ALWAYS Fog isn't it? :smallannoyed:

Would whoever did that please step forward? I think Mr. Bolas would like a word with you. :smalltongue:

Croverus
2009-10-23, 03:39 PM
A tie?! No one died? That's ludicrous. Someone should have died. See! If my zombie token had fought i bet someone would have died! ... Oh wait, that's because my zombie is awesome.

Vote for a rematch!!!

Shadowhisper attacks Hyozo... round 2!

Duos
2009-10-23, 08:00 PM
Some slept well because they disliked death.
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/mtg%20art/Tempest/Pacifism.jpg
Some slept well because they knew they'd get another shot the next day.
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/making/mr323_DemigodofRevenge.jpg
Some slept well because they were tired.
http://www.recoculous.com/wp-content/sleep.jpg
And some slept well because they enjoyed screwing around with combat and other players.
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/mtg%20art/Exodus/Pygmy%20Troll.jpg

But everyone slept well on the whole.

Nothing Happened.

It is now DAY SIX. You have 48 hours to vote.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-23, 08:15 PM
REMATCH! Shadowhisper vs. Hyozo.