PDA

View Full Version : whoa... Deja Vu

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-30, 08:57 PM
Okay, so I had a seriously weird case of Deja Vu just now.

For those who do not know what Deja Vu is, it is the feeling you get when everything seems to have happened before.

Example: The Matrix Movie

Neo sees a cat pass by, and then a few seconds later, he sees the same cat do the exact same thing.

It's almost like seeing the future.

And I am about to find out if my Deja Vu is going to come true.

I'll let you guys know more later.

But in the meantime, go ahead and post times where YOU had Deja Vu. Tell us of the most intense cases of it.

Partof1
2009-09-30, 09:00 PM
I get Deja Vu all the time. Usually in the form of dreams that I don't remember when I wake up, but recognize like months later when a scene happens.

TheBibliophile
2009-09-30, 09:03 PM
Yeah, so do I. It feels really real, except my mother then always spoils it all by telling me that it's synapses misfiring in my brain. :smallannoyed:

Jacklu
2009-09-30, 09:09 PM
Yeah, so do I. It feels really real, except my mother then always spoils it all by telling me that it's synapses misfiring in my brain. :smallannoyed: lulz. Couldn't help myself. =P

TheBibliophile
2009-09-30, 09:09 PM
That... was very scary.

Crimmy
2009-09-30, 09:13 PM
That... was very scary.

TheBibliophile
2009-09-30, 09:14 PM
Not funny now.

EleventhHour
2009-09-30, 09:16 PM
Not funny now. WWWHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAA

::

Whoa! I swear, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Jacklu
2009-09-30, 09:25 PM
Nobody ever reads the white text. :smalltongue:

TheBibliophile
2009-09-30, 09:28 PM
Not funny now. WWWHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAA

::

Whoa! I swear, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Or maybe you just did that to mess with my head.

Crimmy
2009-09-30, 09:31 PM
Or maybe you just did that to mess with my head.

Could also be that this was an amazing coincidence.

Moonshadow
2009-09-30, 09:36 PM
Okay, so I had a seriously weird case of Deja Vu just now.

For those who do not know what Deja Vu is, it is the feeling you get when everything seems to have happened before.

Example: The Matrix Movie

Neo sees a cat pass by, and then a few seconds later, he sees the same cat do the exact same thing.

I'll let you guys know more later.

But in the meantime, go ahead and post times where YOU had Deja Vu. Tell us of the most intense cases of it.

Thats not deja vu, thats the machines changing the code!

YOU MUST BE A SPY! *flamethrowers*

EndlessWrath
2009-09-30, 10:04 PM
I get Deja Vu all the time. Usually in the form of dreams that I don't remember when I wake up, but recognize like months later when a scene happens.

I have this happen all the time. I'll post the rest of the story after I finish precal work.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-30, 10:12 PM
You guys are ridiculous. <3

And I get it all the time, yeah.

...is there an opposite to deja vu? Where you're doing something, and suddenly, it feels like it's an entirely new concept, even though you've done it a thousand times before?

...oh, and a word for temporarily forgetting who, what, and where you are?

UnChosenOne
2009-09-30, 10:48 PM
You will get to used to Deja Vu guite quickly. I can tell you that I know that you will get to used to Deja Vu if you have this Deja Vu feeling about 2 times in week.

WarBrute
2009-09-30, 10:54 PM
...is there an opposite to deja vu? Where you're doing something, and suddenly, it feels like it's an entirely new concept, even though you've done it a thousand times before?

Um yeah there is... I thinks its Jamais Vu

KataraAltinaII
2009-09-30, 11:58 PM
my Deja Vu moments usually happen at my work at my Sonic Drive-In, but this one was actually seemingly quite precise.

I took two different orders out at the same time, one to station 9, the other to station 10. [the numbers don't matter much, but odd numbers and even numbers are across from each other, for anyone who is not familiar with the awesomeness that is Sonic Drive-In]

both orders were just one $0.90 drink each, one the 1st one was a medium Coke, and the 2nd one was a medium Diet Coke.

the guy at stall 9 [the first one I went to] gave me $1 and I returned the dime, and the woman at stall 10 [where I went right after] gave me $2 all in change, and said keep the change.

detailed? ye... but I swear it was one of the biggest deja vu moments ever.

TelemontTanthul
2009-10-01, 12:11 AM
haha, ohhh you guys...

Anyways, my Deja Vu' was quite extreme. At least, up to a point.

I was sitting here, and I was making my usual witty replies to a thread, when I suddenly had a weird sense that I knew what was going to happen next.

I remembered that I had partaken in a dream a few months back, and that I knew that my father was going to be coming right at that moment.

Sure enough, I look outside my window, and my dad is just driving up to the house.

While this is not out of the ordinary, and that this sort of thing is probably common, it is not the first time I had been able to "Call it" before it happened.

Back in 8th grade, I was having another Deja Vu' attack while I was walking with one of my friends. And he and I were talking about various other times we each had had Deja Vu.

But I knew this was different. So I point to the corner of a building at our school.

Me: "Look over there (Anonymous Friend). See that? A girl carrying a wooden pyramid is going to come around the corner right now."

Right when I said that, it happened.

FREAKY!!!!

Anonymous Friend: (Stares at me) What.....?? How......????? DUDE!

He wouldn't let the topic drop all day.

TelemontTanthul
2009-10-01, 12:17 AM
And for the record, my Deja Vu was not entirely correct.

I had also remembered in my dream that a family tragedy had happened, someone had been seriously hurt, or worse.

So when I went to see my dad, as my dream went. I was certain that something wrong was happened.

Especially when my dad said "Hey (Insert Name Here) I need to talk to you about something."

That was exactly how the conversation started in the dream.

But after that, it had nothing to do with family tragedy.

So... the question that comes to my mind is: Did I influence events (as impossible as it might seem) based on the fact that I "knew" what was going to happen?

If it REALLY is possible to see the future, I would believe that the future changes, because you look at it.

But I very much doubt that seeing the future is possible.

Yarram
2009-10-01, 12:38 AM
You guys are ridiculous. <3

And I get it all the time, yeah.

...oh, and a word for temporarily forgetting who, what, and where you are?

I get all of those things all of the time. Suprisingly I can usually remember when I had the dream that was in the deja vu in hindsight. I have one deja vu dream that could be deja vu, but I think it's too out there to actually be one.

TelemontTanthul
2009-10-01, 12:46 AM
I love creating threads where people share deep thoughts.

It reminds me that not all the world is shallow.

Thank you all, and keep up the good world.

Mx.Silver
2009-10-01, 03:11 AM

No. It is nothing like seeing the future at all. When you have Deja Vu you get very strong sensations that something you've seen happened at an earlier point in time, i.e. in the past. If you make accurate predictions about something that's going to happen: that isn't Deja Vu.

Due to my own mental state, I usually experience Deja Vu on a weekly basis, more if I'm sleep-deprived. I therefore have some idea as to how it works, and consider it's 'mysticalising' by the paranormal crowd to be one of the most ridiculous things things they've ever done.

B-Man
2009-10-01, 08:54 AM
Whilst I was in Québec for a summer exchange a few summers back, I thought I had already done the experience years before. It was bizarre. Every group event I attended was something I had "done" before, but I know that I never did. It was really bad at the final event when I was sitting with my summer crush on the lawn outside the dance hall that we were at and I knew exactly what she was going to say before she said it. We would've had a good discussion about literature if I didn't know what she was going to say.

Other instances have happened, although it was a little more bizarre. I had a dream one night that I was playing solitaire on the bus on my iPod going along Robie going to the mall. The odd thing was that I did not possess an iPod at the time. A month ago, I had bought an iPod and was on said bus riding up to the mall playing solitaire. It was bizarre.

Déjà vu is truly a weird thing to have happen to you constantly.

Shades of Gray
2009-10-01, 09:02 AM
I dreamed that I was standing in line to get my Student Card at the subway station with two people from my school. A school I hadn't gone to yet, and people I didn't meet until a few months later. :smalleek:

TelemontTanthul
2009-10-01, 09:21 AM
No. It is nothing like seeing the future at all. When you have Deja Vu you get very strong sensations that something you've seen happened at an earlier point in time, i.e. in the past. If you make accurate predictions about something that's going to happen: that isn't Deja Vu.

Due to my own mental state, I usually experience Deja Vu on a weekly basis, more if I'm sleep-deprived. I therefore have some idea as to how it works, and consider it's 'mysticalising' by the paranormal crowd to be one of the most ridiculous things things they've ever done.

Don't worry, as I said earlier, I don't actually believe that it is possible to see the future.

And the description I used "It's like seeing the future" was me trying to grasp the concept and explain it.

My apologies.