PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Wizard/Beguiler/Archivist build question

Thurbane
2009-09-30, 10:11 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering - with judicious use of the Ultimate Magus and Mystic Theurge PrCs, how high could you get the three respective caster levels of a Wizard/Beguiler/Archivist build by 20th?

The aim isn't neccessarily to get 9th level spells, but the highest total CL in the three classes.

No Ur-Priest please. :smallbiggrin:

Jalor
2009-10-01, 04:47 AM
You can be Human and use flaws to get Earth Spell at 1st level, and it applies to all your classes.

Wizard 1/Archivist 1/Beguiler 1/Mystic Theurge 10/Ultimate Magus 7

You have 15th level Wizard casting, 11th level Archivist casting, and 8th level Beguiler casting. That's 8/6/4. This build probably doesn't care about the Beguiler spells and uses them as batteries for metamagic, and probably prepares a bunch of situational spells in the Archivist slots to either cast or burn for more metamagic. The real business end, naturally, is the Wizard casting.

I wouldn't recommend playing it, but it's doable.

Salt_Crow
2009-10-01, 06:36 AM
You can be Human and use flaws to get Earth Spell at 1st level, and it applies to all your classes.

Wizard 1/Archivist 1/Beguiler 1/Mystic Theurge 10/Ultimate Magus 7

You have 15th level Wizard casting, 11th level Archivist casting, and 8th level Beguiler casting. That's 8/6/4. This build probably doesn't care about the Beguiler spells and uses them as batteries for metamagic, and probably prepares a bunch of situational spells in the Archivist slots to either cast or burn for more metamagic. The real business end, naturally, is the Wizard casting.

I wouldn't recommend playing it, but it's doable.

Would you be able to take UM first (with Practiced Spellcaster: Beguiler) so that you'll have 18th-level wizard casting? I guess one could go Beguiler 1/Wizard 1/Archivist 1 (w/ practiced spellcaster: beguiler)/MT 2/UM 7/MT +8

Or something like that. But then again, I think skill rank requirement could be a problem.