PDA

View Full Version : Crazy, unique magic item ideas?

Barbarian MD
2009-10-01, 12:32 PM
Hey Gang,

I'm currently playing a gestalt barbarian were-bear in Stycotl's "Watchtower" game on these boards. I just won a free magic item, and I'm looking for ideas.

Stycotl hasn't attached a monetary value to this reward, but it's for a level 11 character. Kyrill the Were-Bear (sheet in sig) sports mithral full plate with no armor check penalties and a mage-bane fullblade (6d6+56 damage while enlarged ftw). That's basically it--I spent all his money on those two things.

I'd like to go off the beaten path and come up with something totally unique, rather than a +x to stat item, or at least avoid the usual +x to stat items.

So, if you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Xefas
2009-10-01, 12:55 PM
Werebear, huh? Well, you could get maybe an item that allows you to assume the hybrid and animal forms of other wereanimals besides just a bear?

Or...even better. How about a Collar that gives you a breath weapon? Only, instead of some lame fire or chlorine gas breath weapon, you breathe bears.

X times per day, you can disgorge a swarm of fully grown bears in a 30 foot cone from your gaping maw that attempt to grapple and maul any creatures caught in the area.

Somewhere, Stephen Colbert just felt a disturbance in the Force.

Barbarian MD
2009-10-01, 01:31 PM
...Bwahahahaha!

Lapak
2009-10-01, 01:51 PM
Echo of Form

This heavy copper torc has a mirror-polished silver disc set at the front of the bearer's neck. Three times per day, it allows a shapeshifter who changes his form to cloak himself in a powerful illusion as a free action such that he appears no different to those around him. (Treat this illusion as per a Veil (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/veil.htm) spell limited to imitating the appearance that the user has prior to shapeshifting.) For example, a werebear in human form may take full bear or hybrid shape but still appear fully human to all observers. Performing feats obviously impossible in the original shape (a werebear mauling an enemy with his claws, a druid who has Wildshaped into an eagle taking flight by flapping his arms) allows observers a Will save to pierce the illusion.

Ouranos
2009-10-01, 05:20 PM
Instead of hawking up a bunch of real bears, why not bear images that do force damage? that way he's not puking up bears but still gets the feel of it.

The Mentalist
2009-10-01, 05:31 PM
Actually I think getting the feel of puking up bears would be a reason to see your cleric.

DracoDei
2009-10-01, 05:41 PM
As long as they look like real bears (rather than say... translucent bear shapes)...

They should probably be able to use the "aid another" action, to keep them viable at higher levels. The number of them should MAYBE scale with users HD or CON bonus... normally magic items don't work that way, but "breathweapon made of bears" is too gonzo cool to only be around for a few levels... maybe it costs some GPs to have the enchantment beefed up(with or without a level and/or CON dependency), but I strongly suggest you find some way to make it scale.

I may have to make a monster with a breathweapon made of bears...

Ouranos
2009-10-01, 05:42 PM
Legacy. Item. O.0