PDA

View Full Version : How much Rage can we fit?

Cieyrin
2009-10-01, 01:43 PM
So I'm bouncing around the idea of getting multiple flavors of rage on the same character, so how many can we fit? There's standard Barbarian Rage, Frenzied Berserker Frenzy and then it seems we have a choice between either Shifters or Elves, by which we can go Wildrunner. Or is there a path to getting both?

Do we mix in Sohei Ki Frenzy? Am I missing another rage-like somewhere?

Note: This is more a thought exercise than anything, though I may make something based off the input I get. I have most of the non-campaign books and the main bits of FR and Eberron, with a couple other settings here and there. Bring your thoughts on how much fury we can stick into one package! :smallbiggrin:

Person_Man
2009-10-01, 01:48 PM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36238&highlight=rage) might help.

Barbarian 1/Druidic Avenger 5 (or Wildshape Ranger)/Warshaper 4/Chameleon 10 could Wildshape into a Deinonychus (4 attacks, pounce, 19 Str, 15 Dex, 19 Con) and get:

Ferocity: +4 Str +4 Dex
Rage: +4 Str +4 Con
Warshaper: +4 Str +4 Con
Ability Boon: +6 to any 2 stats, probably Str and Con

For a grand total of +18 Str, +4 Dex, +18 Con, or 37 Str, 19 Dex, 37 Con, BEFORE anyone in your party casts a buff spell on you (and trust me, you're going to want someone to cast a Contingency Heal on you).

Sinfire Titan
2009-10-01, 01:55 PM
Step 1: Take an Ancient Red Dragon.

Step 2: Find all spells that emulate Rage and similar abilities.

Step 3: Find all classes and PrCs that have Rage-esque effects that do not require a Good alignment. This includes Bloodscale Fury, but possibly excluding Bear Warrior (because Bears are not as scary as Dragons).

Step 4: Find every magic item that has a beneficial effect when raging.

Step 5: Give him 8 Divine Ranks and all abilities included therein.

Step 6: Name him Garyx.

There you go. Dragonic Deity of Anger.

woodenbandman
2009-10-01, 01:56 PM
^^Oh come one we can do better than that!

Barbarian(whirling frenzy)/Druid(Rage variant)/Frenzied Berserker(Frenzy) + Berserk(Deities and demigods)/Primeval(Beast form?)/Bear Warrior. You only really need one of each of those. Also, there's that one elf class from Races of the Wild.

That should give you +40something, I think. Also, Extra Rage applies to all of your rages, and activating them is always a free action, and I also believe that they explicitly all stack. :D

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-01, 02:08 PM
It's homebrew, and LA +1, but this template (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118887) has Rage as Barbarian, but affected as Crushing Despair instead of fatigue at the end.

Keld Denar
2009-10-01, 02:11 PM
And Half Orc Paragon and Half Orc Paladin Racial Sub in Races of Destiny and you could even say that Hellreaver's Holy Fury is a type of "Rage".

Ponce
2009-10-01, 02:22 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#maenads

Evil the Cat
2009-10-01, 04:08 PM
Fist of the Forest PrC from Complete Champion has Feral Trance, but it isn't very good. You destroy your boots and gloves, and gain +4 Dex, and a +2 damage bonus to unarmed strikes, which isn't too bad since the 3 level PrC increases your unarmed damage by 2 die types. You also get a bite attack at your highest bonus during a full attack, which is kind of neat.

Paulus
2009-10-01, 04:13 PM
Don't forget to add in Green Star Adept for Player rage.

JackQ
2009-10-01, 04:48 PM
I can't believe you all skipped the spell 3rd level sor/wis spell: Rage that's a stacking additional +2 morale type.

Book Wyrm
2009-10-01, 04:51 PM
And Bloodclaw Master from ToB which gets Shifting, which is quote: "superficially similar to a barbarian's rage."

TheCountAlucard
2009-10-01, 05:55 PM
I can't help but notice the obvious lack of Brooklyn Rage... :smalltongue:

Jack_Simth
2009-10-01, 06:16 PM
If you want nearly full-time Rage, try the Berserking Sword (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/cursedItems.htm#swordBerserking) on for size. Just make sure everyone in the party can get away quickly....

playswithfire
2009-10-01, 08:04 PM
If you're neutral instead of chaotic, you can also take a war mind level for the Chain of personal superiority - about worth about half a rage, but no drawback when it ends.

Lycanthromancer
2009-10-01, 08:10 PM
Either awakened badger, anthropomorphic badger, or werebadger.

[edit] Werebadger shifter?

KillianHawkeye
2009-10-03, 06:49 AM
Well, there's also the Rage Mage's spell rage ability, but you need spellcasting to get it.

Also, what about nerd rage? :smallbiggrin:

Heliomance
2009-10-03, 07:04 AM
I tried this a while ago. This is the best I came up with. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105769)

EDIT: Although I have just noticed I screwed up the skill prereqs on that build. It should be fixable though, hopefully.

oxinabox
2009-10-03, 09:26 AM
Either awakened badger, anthropomorphic badger, or werebadger.

[edit] Werebadger shifter?

theres also beastlands dwarf badger - wildren, gets fury (stacks with rage, once perday)