PDA

View Full Version : Hw2

Froogleyboy
2009-10-01, 05:06 PM
Everyone is getting sick, A virus is spreading and everyone is catching it. As you sit at a small bar (precariously called "Love Bites") the news jumps on the television.

A news caster frowns at the camera "It's a pandemic people," she shifts position a bit and pulls her hair back into a pony tail, "I warn you, get vaccina-" she glances off camera "Who are you? . . . what are you . . ."

A pale man walks onto the camera, a dazed, sleepy look in his eyes. He moans and grabs the woman "Oh my god! Get off me!" she screams

He bites into her shoulder, blood spraying onto the camera, and the channel goes off line.

industrious
2009-10-01, 05:17 PM
William sits at the bar, looking at the report. Nursing a glass of water, the man is hardly an imposing figure. Average height, slightly underweight, and what would be an impressive trench coat and black shirt combination is ruined by the numerous ketchup and grease stains on both. The man hasn't paid for a drink since he got here. He sees the man bite into the reporter, shrugs, and takes another sip of the water.

Robek
2009-10-01, 05:21 PM
Marcus Brutus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157083)

Marcus sits at the bar, one hand on a beer, the other wiping the sweat off his brow. He is a brute of a man; over six feet tall, and extremely muscular. He is wearing an average suit, on top of which is a leather jacket. He takes a sip of his beer, before addressing the people at the bar.

"Hell of a movie, huh? Although, that blood looks pretty fake. Probably ketchup."

Jesse Drake
2009-10-01, 05:25 PM
"Well that sure is something." Chuckles Lester. "Now why would you suppose they are doing that?" He asks the bartender, but does not await an answer. "Well, I can tell you, that I failed to do anything about. Yup, I probably could have stopped the whole thing. That's right, I could have done something. But then the migraines started in, and I went straight to the painkillers. But now. Now, I am not so sure." The sullen elf sat there for a moment. Then he asked "Barkeep. How's about another shot or two? Eh?"

His ramblings are that of a madman, and his appearance befitting him. His black suit is wrinkled, and looks as if he's slept in it. He wears shades, despite being inside, and has somewhat long hair, covering his ears.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-01, 05:31 PM
It takes a while, but soon people catch on to whats happening, and they begin running for the door. The barkeep, who can't see the tv from his position, frowns "What happened?"

industrious
2009-10-01, 05:34 PM
William shrugs. "Some reporter just died on camera, got bit by some other guy. Must have been some kind of rabies, or something."

Jesse Drake
2009-10-01, 05:37 PM
Lester doesn't say anything. He just stares at the television and waits to be served.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-01, 05:40 PM
As the people pile out of the door, blood begins to stain the door way and the bartender begins screaming "What the f*ck is goin' on!?!

Robek
2009-10-01, 05:47 PM
Marcus stands up from the stool.

"What's this then? Some kind of promotional stunt? At least I hope it is... what if that newscast was real?"

Marcus reaches into his sports bag and pulls out his boxing gloves. He slips them on.

At least I'm ready for this.

industrious
2009-10-01, 05:51 PM
William tilts the glass back and lets the rest of the water splash against his face. "Nice Gloves."

Blood against a doorframe. Something might be on the other side.

He then reaches into a coat pocket, and and grabs hold of something inside it.

"Barkeep. Do you have any pepper shakers?"

Jesse Drake
2009-10-01, 06:00 PM
Lester gets up, and reaches across the counter and grabs the vodka. "Thank you barkeep." He takes a swig, and gives a refreshed sigh. "Now that hits the spot." He straightens himself up a bit. Reaching to his side, he grips his gun. He's ready for whatever.

industrious
2009-10-01, 06:39 PM
Snatching the salt and pepper shakers from a nearby table, William unscrews the caps of both and pours a line of salt onto the bar. Taking another glass of water, he then pulls his hand out of his pocket to reveal a switchblade. Dipping the steel blade in water (please, let the salesman not lie about the stainless, he thought), he then carefully wiped the blade on the line of salt, covering it in salt. Looking at the reactions of the others at the bar, he then retracted the blade, and put it back in his pocket.

Robek
2009-10-01, 06:51 PM
Marcus, suddenly remembering his police scanner, pulls it out and flips it on.

Maybe I can figure out what's going on around here.

Fan
2009-10-02, 03:10 AM
Jack Williams, known more locally as Midnight Blues, scoffed at the display on the doorway, he had his pistol with him as he had just gotten off duty, so he really didn't care how many of them there were, he just wanted to finish his steak sandwich.

Seeing the blood across the doorway though, well that set off ALL the wrong video game impulses, you see Jack was a bit of a obessive complusive type, so I hope none of you take it too personally that he decides to distance himself from the doorway, and the angry murdering people.

Robek
2009-10-02, 10:03 PM
Marcus taps the police scanner, to see if that will start it.

Bump because it's fallen to the third page.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 06:42 PM
The police scanner comes in as static and nothing more

The barkeep crouches down below the counter and two, gaunt, pale men, with tags on there toe,s stumble in, moaning

Robek
2009-10-03, 07:11 PM
Marcus picks up his police scanner and puts it back into his sports bag.

"That's the last time I buy a police scanner over the internet!"

He turns towards the two men as a bead of sweat passes down his face.

This can't be good. Not good at all.

He readies his fists for a good fight.

Initiative:[roll0]

Jesse Drake
2009-10-03, 07:19 PM
"Do we have any squeamish people in the house?" Calls Lester to anyone around. "No, well then."

Okay, here's my initiative. [roll0]

First shot he'll take a few steps forward and shoot one of the zombies. [roll1], assuming I'm within 30 feet, [roll2]

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 07:24 PM
The shot sinks into the dead man's shoulder he turns to you, sniffs the air, and begins to charge at you. He comes close to you, and you get an attack of opportunity

ooc:/ not sure if its covered in any books, but I'm ruling called shots as follows: Head Shot: -5
Limb Shot: -3
Groin shot (because the males may still have human nerve endings :smallbiggrin: -10

Fan
2009-10-03, 08:30 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Jack Williams pulls out his machine pistol, the stylized barrel gleaming coldly in the dim yellow light.

He takes careful aim, setting up the shot for a hopeful, perfect hit, his eyes narrowed as the shambling men walked forward, and the first shot rang out. BANG! Sending cold shivers of bad memories up his arm, as he let out a single shot, the small recoil causing a slight twitch in the otherwise perfect shot.

Attack roll:
[roll1] - Head shot

Possible crit confrim:

[roll2] - Head shot.

Damage if successful

[roll3]

If crit

[roll4]

Then with my move action, I'll attempt to move closer to the exit, and as a free action, I'll scream to the bar tender, the shot impacting sqaurely into the Dead Head near our friend in meele's head. I have Precise shot, so I don't have to worry about the Meele penalty for shooting into it.

"WHAT'RE YAH DOING JUST SITTING ON YOUR ASS, GET UP AND BASH THEIR HEADS IN YAH FAT ****!"

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 08:35 PM
The shots from Jack's gun blow the mans head from his shoulders, blood and other body juices spraying over each of you.

The barman leaps over the counter, a sawed off shot gun in hand, and charges the corpse-man, screaming profanity. The zombie grabs him and bites him in the neck, ripping his throat out and sending blood all over the floor.

It's a bloody mess, and there is still one zombie and Lester gets AOO

Robek
2009-10-03, 08:46 PM
Since it seems were not doing initiative, if his AoO doesn't kill it I will charge if more than 10 feet away, otherwise walk up and attack.
Charge: [roll0]

Otherwise:[roll1]

Robek
2009-10-03, 08:50 PM
Dunno why it isn't working
Charge: [roll0] + [roll1]
Otherwise: [roll2] + [roll3]

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 09:04 PM
Wait wait wait, what are you attacking with?

Robek
2009-10-03, 09:11 PM
Unarmed. :smalltongue:

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 09:16 PM
Okay, called shot?

Robek
2009-10-03, 09:19 PM
I figure that zombie movies in this world have aim for the head too, so yah, I'll do that. Sorry for being so non-descript, but I've got a cold and my ears won't pop and I'm watching T.V. so I'm pretty distracted. :smalltongue:

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 09:26 PM
Okay:

As you swing , the zombie turns around and bites your fist. The force of a fist entering its open mouth sends your hand to the back of its head, snapping its skull
Fortitude check please

Robek
2009-10-03, 09:27 PM
Don't forget the boxing gloves, in case that helps me not get zombified. :smallcool:

Robek
2009-10-03, 09:28 PM
Forgot to roll. :smalleek:
[roll0]

Robek
2009-10-03, 09:29 PM
And of course I forgot that previewing messes it up. Wow, I'm having a bad day with the forum roller. [roll0]

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 09:29 PM
okay your save and you punched a zombies head in half, good job.

The room is empty except for you guys. what do you want to do?

Robek
2009-10-03, 09:38 PM
That's the last time I punch into someone's mouth, thats for sure... someone wanna shoot that barkeep in the head. I've seen the movies, I know what'll happen."

Marcus backs away from the corpses.

Fan
2009-10-03, 09:43 PM
Preview will break the roll Robek.

Anyways, seeing the bar tender get torn apart, on my intiative, I'll look around for a fire extinguisher, failing that, some sort of roof based exit, as the mob has likely surrounded the place.

As he moves around, furrowing through things, he notices that the Bar tender is dying, and says.

"I think it'd be best to staunch the blood flow, sterlize the wound with some of the spirit's if you can. While you do that, I'm going to barricade the door, and get to work on the windows. If this place has any exits, I would like to know about them now."

He seems very determined, he's dealt with mob's back when he was a officer, and he knew that when people got together, and got riled, you don't stand a chance if you don't know what your doing.
Damn Junkies, and their LSD.:smallannoyed:

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 09:45 PM
You find a small fire extinguisher under the counter, along with a roll a 12 gauge shells

Jesse Drake
2009-10-03, 10:07 PM
Lester now realizes it may be time to snap up and be sharp. But it's been a while. "Remember LeRainnes, this is your destiny. You aren't some drunk lowlife from the shadow. You're defender of humanity." Then addressing Jack, mentally, he states "You seem to be taking charge. Lester LeRainnes, at your service."

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 10:26 PM
At Lester (telekinetic)

LeRainnes? I knew a LeRainnes once, but then he left. They all left.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-03, 10:27 PM
"Who thought that!" Shouts Lester, half drunk and somewhat crazy.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 10:29 PM
Shut up!, do you want the infected to hear you? Well . . . maybe you do. I never could understand the stuff you did

Robek
2009-10-03, 10:29 PM
"Wait, what? Thought what?"

Darn Drunks...

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 10:32 PM
A short, thin, man walks into the bar. He is wearing an Auburn university hoodie, with the hood pulled far over his face. He has, in his hand, a blood stained machete Yes, Lester, thought what?

Jesse Drake
2009-10-03, 10:32 PM
"I never done did anything." Mumbles Lester. (Who is it supposed to be?)

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 10:39 PM
(that, you don't know)

The man walks towards the group of people Pull back your hair, unless your ashamed of what you are

Jesse Drake
2009-10-03, 10:43 PM
"I'm not ashamed of anything." Groans Lester. "Now listen, I'm just not trying to draw a crowd." Lester reveals elven ears.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 10:44 PM
The man lets out the laugh of a mad man oh, how I wish my daughter was here

Robek
2009-10-03, 10:45 PM
"I am confused... undead... elves... when did I get on the set of a weird low budget movie..."

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 10:48 PM
The man laughs again Well, might as well throw in some magic to this low budget movie with a flick of the wrist, a large ball of fire shoots across the room hitting the counter, starting a large fire. Hmm . . . really good special effects

Robek
2009-10-03, 10:49 PM
"Great... now there's a fire, and zombies. I didn't think I drank that much beer."

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 10:51 PM
Well, that leaves you with very few choices. You could follow me, or burn to death. Which sounds more pleasant?

Robek
2009-10-03, 10:59 PM
"Gotcha... ready when you are then."
He walks back to the bar and takes another swig from his beer.
"Gotta keep my senses up, eh?"

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 11:03 PM
Objections?

Fan
2009-10-03, 11:03 PM
"Yes, because following the homicidal, elven, pyromaniac with a blood stained weapon is a GOOD idea, especially after he set what amounted to a decent stronghold with the dead bolt doors, metal back entrance, and ample supply of food, and drink. ON FIRE."

He says defiantly, twirling the pistol in his hand, before he takes a chunk out of his steak sandwich continuing.

"I'll leafsh it upf to a fvote, buff if anyfing I'mf takin fis sandvich."

Robek
2009-10-03, 11:08 PM
"But that's the thing! He set it on fire! He shot fire from his hands!" Marcus says, eyeing that steak sandwich.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 11:08 PM
Yes, I like your friends way of thinking. It's best to do as the man who can shoot fire from his hands tells you

Fan
2009-10-03, 11:19 PM
He puts down the steak sandvich with a gulp, the crisp edges of it landing with a thud, the thing had some weight to it if nothing else.

"Fine, Fine. But before I go anywhere, I want to know. Where exactly are you taking us, through what route, and if you have anything aside from that machete on you, as something tells me, getting up close, and personal with diseased lunatics that can infect you should be your LAST resort.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 11:21 PM
I'll be taking you to my strong hold, I'm here to help you. And, also, why would I need another weapon, when I can create fire with my hands?

Fan
2009-10-03, 11:25 PM
"When the human body is 75% water, and takes longer to burn, then for it to get closer, and sink it's teeth into you. Fire, or not. I've seen a few to many cocky guys with a flame thrower find themselves screaming as well, when a Vietcong soldier leaps onto them into their death throes, and sets them on fire, as well."

He takes another bite out of the sandvich, and chews it contently while he waits for a reply, searching for a bag as he does so.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-03, 11:34 PM
Lester looks down. "I wouldn't really trust him." He mutters. "But I guess I'll go."

industrious
2009-10-04, 06:15 AM
Throughout the whole time, William has been in shock.

"Great." he remarks. We have a Vulcan and a man with flamethrowers as his hands and what appear to be zombies. I haven't had a drink in months, so I'm sober. I'm in; I've got nothing better to do. Also, if the barkeep dies, I'm getting his car keys."

Robek
2009-10-04, 11:12 PM
"He's right there, in that pile of corpses." Marcus says with a shudder. "Go right on ahead..."

industrious
2009-10-06, 11:36 AM
William picks up the shotgun and box of shells. Loading the weapon, then flicking the safety on, he tosses it to Marcus.

"If you don't feel like punching a zombie in the face again." he explains mockingly. Walking over to the barkeep, he checks the man's pulse.

If he's dead, William searches the body, pocketing his wallet and carkeys.

taking 10 on search check (10)

Then, he reaches into his trenchcoat, and draws a pair of Glock 17 pistols. On the sides of the barrels, small brass plaques read "Foresight" on one, and "Afterthought" on the other.

"Let's get out of here."

Robek
2009-10-09, 02:07 PM
Marcus does a little jig.

Bump because it's been 3 days. This game still going on Froogleyboy?

Froogleyboy
2009-10-09, 04:57 PM
Yes, he's dead and you find some cash but no keys (+1 on next wealth check)

Yes, lets go The man leads you into the crowded streets, where people are screaming and all roads are backed up

industrious
2009-10-12, 07:40 PM
William looks around for what could be causing this panic. He drums his fingers against the barrels of his beauties. He then attempts to strike up a conversation with the others.

"Anyone else serve in the military? I know the old guy was in 'Nam, but anyone else?"

Addressing the new guy, with the fireball hands, he asks "And just who are you, anyway?"

Froogleyboy
2009-10-12, 07:46 PM
Who am I? That's a good question, I was in a top secret military organization, but, now, i just don't know anymore

industrious
2009-10-14, 06:53 PM
William looks around, trying to determine if there are any more zombies. The panic must have a reason. Perhaps some sort of mind-affecting drug in the air?

industrious
2009-10-28, 05:11 PM
William wonders what he sees.