PDA

View Full Version : Question about bonus stacking

Sissyphus
2009-10-02, 12:16 AM
So when using soulmelds (incarnist) would the insight bonus: melee attacks, insight bonus: ranged attacks, and insight bonus: flatfooted stack?
that is would using an essentia invested bluesteel bracer, gloves of sighting, and chakra bound gloves of dexterity stack, or would when I was calculating damage for ranged attacks pick only the highest (probably gloves of sighting)

ericgrau
2009-10-02, 08:34 AM
Bonuses of the same type don't stack. Bonuses from the same source don't stack. It seems you're talking about same type, different source. Still fails the first condition, so it doesn't stack.

Sissyphus
2009-10-02, 10:39 AM
thanks, i wasn't sure if the benfits for different types of damage that were all insight bonuses stacked. (like dr, types don't stack, and then sometimes they do)

Sinfire Titan
2009-10-02, 10:50 AM
thanks, i wasn't sure if the benfits for different types of damage that were all insight bonuses stacked. (like dr, types don't stack, and then sometimes they do)

A note about the Incarnate: Your Incarnum Focus stacks with all soulmeld benefits. It's untyped.

A general rule of thumb: Incarnate Avatar+Incarnate Weapon+Incarnum Radiance=Good bonuses. 8 essentia in both the Avatar and Weapon and a 20th level Incarnate is a base bonus of +31 on attack rolls before Strength or spells.

If you go Ranged, do not put Soulbound on on a Bow. Too expensive for the 4 essentia capacity limit. Try to talk your DM into turning the Chaotic Incarnate Weapon into a Bow, seeing as Chaotic Incarnates are more Ranged-based. The Devs screwed up on this one. That way, you're getting the same attack bonus as the Lawful Incarnate (minus Incarnum Radiance).

Sissyphus
2009-10-02, 11:23 PM
ehh, it's a 30th level gestalt, (playing a sniper), so most of the ranged power needed originates with a +25 bow (dm okayed splitting as a feature) i just wanted to know if the bonuses, so since they are to different things (but same type and general class) stacked.

ericgrau
2009-10-03, 10:57 AM
The two exceptions are untyped bonuses and dodge bonuses to AC. These stack with eachother. Then you still need to check the second condition (must not be same source).

DR is another animal.