Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
When the blazing sun is gone,
When there nothing shine upon
Then you show your little light, twinkle, twinkle all the night
Then the travel in the dark. Thanks for your little spark
He could not see which way to go, if you did not twinkle so
When the blazing sun is gone, when there nothing shines upon
Though I know not what you are, twinkle, twinkle little star. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAFMQaWlMEQ)

Horrors (Werewolves)
Like in the last game none of the horrors will start knowing each other, every night one of them will be able to use one type of night kill, they will take turns with this.

Horror: These creatures have been nicknamed "Horror" of the crew on board Medusa II because of the feeling they cause in all who encounter them. Horrors can become exact copies of almost every other type of living matter they encounter, including humans. Whatever they are some experiment gone wrong or an unknown alien species remains to be seen, but they do seem to intend to exterminate all still living humans on Medusa II.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Horrors can once it’s their turn to use a night-kill be able to choose between the following types of night kills:

Disappearance: The horror makes one player disappear into the night. While the details about this is better left unmentioned this kill is not be revealed until the end of the next night. The player fallen victim for this is not in any way allowed to tell the other player about this or post in the thread until its revealed that she/he is indeed dead. Like Mafia abduction.

Slaughter: The horror mercifully finishes off the human as messy as possible to start panic among the survivors. Direct kill.

Merge: The horror merges with another player and "becomes" the selected player. Unless the player the horror selected is a S.E.U. Agent/Commander that player will be transformed into a horror and gain all their abilities and victory conditions. The original horror will die when it has "merged" with the other player.

If the horror uses any of these kills on another horror they will instead learn of each other. Horrors that know of each other can switch their kill turns if the horror whose turn it is PM's the narrator with this intention.

A horror that is a part of a commando group can if it wants “disturb” the actions of that group. This is done by messaging the narrator during the same night as the horror is in a commando group. The horrors all scries as Horrors (Werewolves).

The horrors win once their numbers are equal or greater than the non-horrors.

The S.E.U. (Team Villager)
Medusa II Personal (Villager): You come from differenty walks of life, all different stories to tell how you got here. Now your about to be ended by an unknown alien creatures that can assimilate DNA and RNA to become perfect copies of the ones they kill. Scries as Medusa II Personal (Villager).

Medusa II Intern (Fail): You have been granted a great internship on board Medusa II by one of your relatives. And your sure surviving an encounter with shape shifting aliens will look great on the resume... If you are a part of a commando group you will as always, screw it up unless the S.E.U. Commander is also a part of that group. You believe you are a normal villager. Scries as Intern (Fail).

S.E.U. Officer (Agent): You are a part of S.E.U. or Space Emergency Unit and have along with your colleges followed a distress call from Medusa II only to find most of the crew dead and the rest infected with a strange alien life form. You must save the survivors and eradicate the horrors living among you. If you are a part of a commando group whose actions is “disturbed” you will learn of that. If a horror tries to merge with you, you will die instead. Scries as S.E.U. Officer (Agent).

S.E.U. Veteran (Commander): You are the most experienced officer in the squad. If you are in a commando group that group can’t be disturbed and if someone tries to, you will learn of it. If a horror tries to merge with you, you will die instead. Scries as S.E.U. Veteran (Commander).

The S.E.U. and the crew of Medusa II will win the game once all horrors have been eradicated.

Commando Groups
Three players of any type of roles can during a night form a "commando group" by sending a PM with all their names to the narrator (every player in the commando group must be willing to join).
A player can only be in one commando group at once every night, otherwise all the action taken by every group except the first the player was a part of will fail.

A commando group can perform one of the following actions during a night:

Investigate: Will reveal the role of a selected player to everyone in the commando group. If this action is disturbed it will come back with an incorrect result. If it is disturbed by a horror, the horror gets the choice to either learn the genuine role or choose the incorrect result (which is otherwise random).

Protect: Will protect a selected player from all the horrors night kills and night actions during that night. If this action is disturbed, nothing will happen instead.

Surveillance: If this commando action targets a horror, that horror will be unable to use any night kills, night actions or disturb commando groups during that night. If this action is disturbed nothing will happen instead.

They can't use any of these actions on a member in their own commando group.

Because the time it might take to form commando groups the nights in this game will be 48 hours long.

Additional Rules:
The game will start with four horrors, four interns, and four S.E.U. Officers (S.E.U. Veteran + 3 Officers).

If a night kill does not happen, the narration will not indicate why. It could be that the horror did not send in a kill, that the horror was voided, that the target was baned, that someone was abducted, or that two horrors learned of each other.

Helgraf's scry interference rule is in effect.

Day/Night phases may last longer than 48 hours due to the narrators busy real life. Changing of votes or night actions can continue up until the moment when the 'Day/Night ends' post goes up.

Autolynches will occur if you miss two consecutive days of voting.

Player List

Banjo1985
Dirk Kris
Dr. Bath
Eaglewiz
Selrahc
Trixie
Uncle Festy

The Morgue

Night Surgeon - Villager/Lynched day 1
Wolfbane - Agent/Abducted night 1
Irbis - Fail/Lynched day 3
happyturtle - Horror/Merged night 3
Murska - Horror/Lynched day 4
Fleeing Coward - Villager/Killed night 4
Aemoh - Horror/Lynched day 5
The Bookworm - Villager/Lynched day 6
TehSheen - Fail/Abducted night 5
Opeth_Freak - Fail/Lynched day 7
Geesi - Villager/Killed night 7
Darkcomet - Commander/Abducted night 6
Zar Peter - Horror/Lynched day 8

happyturtle
2009-10-03, 04:24 PM
Ugh. Who turned up the gravity?

Cady Temple stumbled out of bed, and with eyes closed tightly against the glaring lights in the corridor, made her way along the oft-travelled path between her quarters and the infirmary. Stuffing her hand into one of the autodoc's apertures, she waited while it took a blood sample, analyzed the various self-inflicted poisons, and injected a hangover cure.

Irbis
2009-10-03, 04:44 PM
[stabs thread and wonders how someone is supposed to play without a role]

Shadowcaller
2009-10-03, 04:53 PM
[stabs thread and wonders how someone is supposed to play without a role]

((Hey, the game isn't officially started yet. :smalltongue:
I need to write up the starting narration, then you will get your role.))

Irbis
2009-10-03, 04:58 PM
Ok, but only if you'll wait until Trixie finishes with Fate :smallbiggrin:

Trixie
2009-10-03, 05:11 PM
No, you traitor, until you'll finish Fate. :smallamused:

It's not like you did much, after all :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2009-10-04, 07:01 PM
“There you are…
Caught’ a…
Security log, number 09875, Mir San Mining Colony
This is Andrew Warner, Mir San Security officer… you are ****ed. If you are at Mir Sar, you are already as good as dead. If you can see this from the safety of a space ship, then order this place exterminated, stay away from this place, I’m serious… you can die down here. The best you can do is to save humanity from the same fate…”
-Transmission Ended-

The screen went back to S.E.U.’s blue logotype. The men and woman around it moved uncomfortable in their seats, this was not good.

“So, as you can see.” The Major started, “We are dealing with something serious here. I don’t know what or why, but apparently whatever that affected Mir San is now affecting Medusa II and we are the only ones nearby…”

“Okay, so where is the meeting point then? We are wasting valuable time here…” One of the officers, Julia interrupted.

The Major frowned “I wasn’t done speaking Julia, the ship is still in orbit around the planet, and it has no external or internal damages according to the scanners, but communications is down, all we have is this transmission from the colony and a short distress call from Medusa.”

“I have never heard of a total communication black-out before.”

“That’s because you haven’t been around a lot Hamo.” Julia reprimanded

He pauses to let it sink in “So our primary mission is to evacuate all healthy personal on board Medusa II, if this infection is as dangerous as they claim it is, we can’t afford to take anyone infected on board, we have no cure for whatever this is so we have to leave all infected personal there to not start an infection onboard out ship too, is that understood?”

The officers around the table nodded in agreement. “We will send in Anubis with a small number of officers first to fix the communication and make them open their shields. Julia, you have been nagging me about this mission ever since we left Eve Prime, select your squad and report back to me once you have lowered the shields.”

“Affirmative, thanks Major.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anubis left Reaper I quietly, scoring through the cobalt rich orbital debris floating around in Stalit’s orbit

“Wow… its huge, Mat wasn’t kidding.”

“It’s a mining ship Julia and according to the prospectors report, this place is a literal gold mine, remember Bast? That was a mining ship for a poor area, now this is the real deal.”

As Medusa came more into view Stuart hailed Reaper I back, “Major? We got visual contact with Medusa II.”

“Why is it all dark? I don’t see any lights.” Julia wondered.

“It most likely has something to do with the infection; Sal, bring us in.”

Anubis passes Medusas slipped pass Medusas magnetic shield and landed in the docking bay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“The whole ship is in quarantine mode, no wonder all the lights are out… but where the heck is everyone?”

“I don’t know, but I can’t access anything from here, everything is on the other side of the quarantine!”

Stuart and Julia were interrupted by Sal that was leading a rugged band personal, arguing by a man in a dirty white lab coat. The others seemed to remain at a healthy distance away from him, looking at them with a blank expression.

“You got to listen to me god dammit! They are infected ones, you need to kill them! Kill them all!”

“Calm down, okay? We are going to test them for infection and then ship you out, no one will be killed.”

Stuart sighted, communication was the hardest part of the job. “Yes, just calm down and you will be out of here. Once we have tested you and the others, there won’t be-“

“They are monsters, don’t you see?” The man in the white coat was clearly suffering from stress and Julia started to prepare herself of taking him down if necessary.

“No guns or bullets will help... The only reason they aren’t taking over us all is since they are few... yes, too few… just hiding and waiting until we let out guards down.”

“You should stay down, okay? We are from S.E.U. and we will soon have things under control here.”

Sals grabbed the lab guy and lead him towards Anubis, still shouting about monsters.

Stuart turned to the other survivors “So what was he shouting about? What is going on here?”

The survivors looked at each other, most likely a bit nervous due Stuart’s full body armor that was more necessary to protect him from whatever infection that was on board Medusa then any bullets.

Finally one of the men spoke up, “I’m Jim Crowley, I have no idea who all these other people are, but I think I speak to all of them when I say this, we want to get out of here. I’ll tell you anything you want once I’m out of here.”

“I’m sorry, but we are under orders to make sure each one of you is not infected before I let you leave.”

It was about this time Julia decided to take command, “Yes, so Stuart here is going to test you Jim before we let you get on the ship while I ask the others some questions, okay?”

Jim suddenly looked nervous “Uh, I’m quite sure I’m healthy, you better test someone else first. I’m feeling fine.” This statement did for some reason cause the other civilians to recoil from him.

“Oh god, he’s one of them!” A woman in the crowd screamed.

“What?” Stuart and Julia looked confused at Jim whose features suddenly started to shift. His hands turned into spikes, his head burst open into maw.

Julia and Stuart quickly opened fire against the creature, which seemed to take the bullets as water being thrown at it.

They backed away, but the creature threw itself at Stuart. “Back off! Back off!” Julia shouted and fired away another set of lead bullets against the creature, even thought she knew it was hopeless.

Stuart fell to the ground, the creature ripping holes in his body armor with its spiked hands.

Julia panicked, she had no idea what to do, in the corner of her eye she saw Sal running towards them along with the lab guy that still was shouting, “Fire, use fire!”

Sal seemed to have intended to follow the lab guy’s advice as he had strapped a D76 “Gizmo” Flamethrower on his back. Sal carefully aimed it at the creature while Julia helplessly watched the creature tear Stuart apart.

A burst of flame changed its priorities however, with a chilling scream it started to waves its spied hands wildly in the air as trying to put out the flames with its own hands. Sal fired off another burst which seemed to kill the creature for real. Its burning shape collapsed next to Stuart’s torn body.

“Now burn him too.” The lab guy seemed to command Sal, pointing at Stuart’s body. “I’m the one that is giving orders here.” Julia sneered at him as she checked Stuart’s pulse, he was dead. She closed her eyes for a moment, muttering a quiet prayer.

“He won’t be dead for long…” Julia could hear the scientist say in the background. She opened her eyes and turned her head towards him, “What do you mean?” She said trying to remain level headed.

“He’s infected, he will become one of those creatures soon enough.”

Beside him, Sal just shrugged. Julia looked at the scientist coldly and then back at Stuart; there were slimy substance in his wounds. She rose from the ground, took a last look at Stuart before she ordered the inevitable “Burn him.”

Sal nodded “Rodger.” And as soon she had stepped behind him, she could hear the D76 send out yet another burst of flames that quickly consumed Stuart’s body.

She looked up the scientist, “Now you will tell me exactly what is going on here…”

The game starts.

The game starts with a day that will last for about 48 hours.

TehSheen
2009-10-04, 08:58 PM
"Holy crap...So that's what we're dealing with here." Private Sheen sat down after watching the monstrous transformation of the man. Shocked, he began griping his silenced pistol very firmly, and looked down at the others in here, in this same predicament. He nodded at Murska and began to practice shooting at the various empty crates, careful not to hit anybody.

Murska
2009-10-04, 09:02 PM
((Okay, so I don't think I have the PM box space to coordinate both this game and SEU 5... anyone else? I could assist if needed, but I'm at 93 right now...))

"I very much don't want to face something like that without a weapon capable of hurting it. Someone please give us flamethrowers too!" Private Murska was looking at the thing, disgusted.

TehSheen
2009-10-04, 09:08 PM
"Ah, don't worry about it Murska. We've got grenades, remember? Well, I've only got one. I've only been in the S.E.U. for about a month or two, I should be lucky I'm a good shot. Even these THINGS can't handle a couple of headshots, am I right my man?"

((So, who wants to join me in a Commando Group? I'll watch your back with my assault rifle. :smallsmile:))

happyturtle
2009-10-04, 09:09 PM
Cady Temple emerged from the infirmary feeling bright and chipper after her hangover cure. "Hey, is the air recycler malfunctioning or something? Something smells... terrible...."

She stared at the smoking bodies. "Holy gazebo....."

Murska
2009-10-04, 09:22 PM
"Doesn't look like bullets do anything. God..."

((As in previous SEU games, I think the best strategy is to have someone organize everyone in the game into groups, who share their information the following day.))

UncleWolf
2009-10-04, 09:35 PM
Sgt. Noel Trekandus puts a fresh clip into his assault rifle. "Listen up, Privates. We have a job to do, and we will do it. I don't want to hear any complaining about the gear the SEU decided that you had earned. If it were up to me, you'd be given toothpicks." He pats his assault rifle. "These, are reserved for real soldiers. Now..." he says as he looks them over "...you puny little excuses for privates, shut up, safety off, and be ready to defend yourselves, or so help me, I will dock your pay for the next thirty years of your term. Is that understood?!?"

Murska
2009-10-04, 09:38 PM
"Considering what you so nicely referred to as being 'reserved for real soldiers' did less against that thing than toothpicks would have, since at least toothpicks would've burnt..."

Aemoh
2009-10-04, 11:15 PM
*day 1 random point at The Bookworm*

UncleWolf
2009-10-04, 11:24 PM
The Sergeant whaps Pvt. Murska over the head. "Listen up, Private, I'm only going to say this once. First, you will address me by my rank or by sir. Second, with as much money and training that was put into you, you should be able to kill anything with a dull butterknife, let alone your rifle." He glares at the Private. "Do I make myself clear, Private?"

Murska
2009-10-04, 11:26 PM
"Yes sir, of course sir. I'm sure with I could kill a creature like that with a toothpick very effectively, sir! Or at least more effectively than you with that gun..."

UncleWolf
2009-10-04, 11:36 PM
Sgt. Trekandus ignores the whispered remark(after all, a Sergeant isn't supposed to be liked) and moves down the line. "Weapon check!"

Fan
2009-10-05, 01:31 AM
Wolfbane, for extreme aggressiveness towards new recruits. :smalltongue:

Irbis
2009-10-05, 03:32 AM
((Okay, so I don't think I have the PM box space to coordinate both this game and SEU 5... anyone else? I could assist if needed, but I'm at 93 right now...))

I can! I would like to try! :smallbiggrin:

Pretty please? :smallsmile:

banjo1985
2009-10-05, 03:36 AM
Adam Swann wakes up in sleeping quarters and looks out into the darker corners of the room. It was the shadows you had to watch out for in his experience...quite often the shadows had teeth. He had a daily reminder of that each time he smiled or looke din the mirror. Once he had been a handsome young mechanic on a mining ship, now half his face was a mutilated red weal of painful scar tissue.

"Hey you, the Night Surgeon...think you could fix me up?"

He hadn't lost his sense of humour, that was one thing at least.

Trixie
2009-10-05, 03:36 AM

Pfffft, coward. I was, at the same time, narrator in two games, in actively discussing group of players in four others, and a villager recently.

Yup, sometimes my PM box filled, but I sucked it up like a man and pressed forward! :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 07:27 AM
((Aemoh, day one random.))

After staring for a few minutes, Cady went directly to the autokitchen dispenser on the wall and dialed a whiskey.

Not Available. the display read.

"What the... what do you mean 'not available'?!" She angrily pushed the button for more information.

Recreational substances are not available during a state of emergency.

"Gah! How the hell am I supposed to function in a state of emergency sober?!"

Dirk Kris
2009-10-05, 07:47 AM
Sgt. Trekandus ignores the whispered remark(after all, a Sergeant isn't supposed to be liked) and moves down the line. "Weapon check!"

A pretty blonde corporal slinks out of the sergeant's sleeping quarters, hoping no one notices her as she straightens her uniform. Mary Catherine McGonnigle tucks her locks under her cap and takes her place in line with the others, her eyes flicking to her commanding officer - and new bunkmate - as he brings things to order.

((TehSheen))

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 08:27 AM
The Sergeant stops in front of Corporal McGonnigle. "Corporal, I'll say this once, so listen. The next time I find you drunk, I don't care if you were off duty, I will not be kind enough to let you sleep it off." He looks down the line. "Each of you has one freebie." He smirks at McGonnigle. "You already spent yours."

He turns to move on, but stops. "Troops, one other thing, if you are drunk, and I do let you sleep it off, try to make sure you don't hit on me. My wife will kill you and me." As proof, he holds up a hand with a wedding band on it.

((Sorry Dirk, but I don't plan on this guy being eviscerated in bed. :smalltongue:))

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 08:54 AM
Cady suppressed a snicker as she watched the Sergeant dressing down his underlings. Thank Gazebo that she was an apprentice metallurgist, and not in the military chain of command.

((@^ Why not? You seemed to enjoy it last time. :smallamused:))

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 11:45 AM
((@^ Why not? You seemed to enjoy it last time. :smallamused:))

((You know that spots reserved only for you. :smallwink:

Dirk for trying to make the Sergeant cheat on his wife. :smalltongue:))

Shadowcaller
2009-10-05, 01:51 PM
Sal glanced at the other agents, moral was not normally issue among the officers, but this, this was different. The stench of the two burned corpses could still quite clearly be noticed, even with the hundreds gallons of ship fuel in the docking bay.

Stuart had been one of their top agent, he had even worked on one of these type of ships before, he knew the layout. Julia, while very ambitious was sometimes a bit too eager, too quick to act, but otherwise a very capable officer in almost every other way.

He sighted as he closed the comm on Anubis, the major had not been very happy with the news of Stuarts death either, while agents were lost, it was more of the way it had been lost this time. This infection seemed to be much more then just that, it was completely unknown to all of them and that fact was creeping everyone out. Man feared the unknown.

There was other news as well, a small comm ship had left FTL-speed near Reaper shortly after they had left, the yearly mail had come early this year.
The data had been automatically transfered to Anubis so now he stood with the messages of well-wishes of relatives, life-partners and friends.

Crap, can't they tell everyone this after the mission?

They needed to stay focused on the presence, whatever officer that had transfered the mails needed a reminder of how they worked, especially at a mission like this.

He glanced over the mail once again, he was going to give the other officers a choice, he trusted that they would be able to make the call if they wanted to read the mail now or after the mission and besides, they could use a moral boost right now.

But as he checked up the messages again there was one that stood out, and as Sal read it, he understood just why the mail had come early and why it had been transfered over to Anubis.

Must all have been in the same file... damn amateurs

He sighted and took the date fragment. He hadn't read any protocols that said how you would deal with situations like these, but then again, it seemed small compared to the current situation they were in so...

He activated the electronic lock on Anubis and took heavy steps towards the other officers.

"Sergeant?" He stepped up to Sgt. Trekandus that turned towards him, "Reaper just had a incoming comm scuttle and I'm supposed to give this to you." Sal handed him a small EIM (Electronic Instant Message), and as Trekandus activated it a holographic image of a man in a priest robe came into view and begun to speak, "We regret to inform you that Allyra Trekandus has passed away. On August 26th 2611 at 13:01 her car had collided with an oncoming truck. COD is determined to be massive head trauma. Death was instantanious. May Gazebo have mercy on her soul."

The gazebo vicar disappeared and the image of a well muscled middle-aged woman with long brown hair and a neat figure came into view.

Sal backed away "I'm so sorry Trekandus... I wish there was more to say, but I need to give the others the mail too... I hope you understand."

Sal turned and left.

Summary
All S.E.U. agents and surviving personal on board have received letter from home. This is purely for RP.

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 02:00 PM
Sergeant Noel Trekandus stops dead in his tracks as he hears the message. The assault rifle slips from his grip when it finishes. He slumps against the wall and quiet tears run from his eyes. After everything the troops will have been prepared for, this will likely be the scariest thing they will have ever seen.

He hits play on the message again.

"We regret to...

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 02:38 PM
As usual, Cady was swamped with messages. José from Luna. Dennis from Plateau. Manish from Wunderland. Cady had a boy in every port, all friends-with-benefits who liked to party as much as she did.

She had just finished listening to a message from a Flatlander she remembered fondly who was nicknamed Elephant when she saw Sgt Trekandus reaction to his own mail. She had crossed Noel off the list of potential bedmates within minutes of their first meeting. His demeanour had convinced her that even if he were single, he wasn't her type.

But this... this was bad news. There wasn't a full time rector on Medusa II, but Cady had done some volunteer work at the Merciful Sanctuary of Grace when she was a teenager. Granted, it was mostly because she had a crush on the head pastor, but she hadn't totally slacked off in the training courses they'd provided for counsellors.

She approached the intimidating Sergeant a bit nervously. "Noel..? I mean, Sergeant Trekandus? Are you okay?"

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 02:42 PM
Private Sheen recieved a couple of letters from home. The first was from his family, telling him how proud they are of him. He got a nice video of them smiling and waving at him and he put it in his pack.

The second from his best friend Conner who keeps telling him that he has the most awesome job in the world. Man, I wonder what he would feel in this slaughter with aliens. Conner sent him cigs and a lighter. "Conner still doesn't remember that I don't smoke."

The third however, arrived in a large package. Inside was a new assault rifle, latest model made for killing dozens in the right hands. It was a MAE 1.4 Assault Rifle, which costs a pretty penny. It was sent to him by his father, who was a high ranked soldier before he retired. He wished him good luck and began to open the fourth letter.

The fourth letter was by far, the best letter he had recieved. It was a direct message from the Secretary of War with a medal. After rescuing Captain Devasin from the ship Independence 1453, he had been promoted to Corporal, and the medal "Karistus", which commemorates his bravery in battle.

He felt pretty good after recieving all of these, even though he had plenty of backup on that ship. He is now Corporal Sheen, with some of the benefits of a Seargent, although the Seargent still outranks him.

"Murska! I'm a Corporal now! And I have a shiny new gun to come with it! :smallbiggrin:"

He then wonders where he should sleep, and who his bunkmates would be. He grabs his old rifle and looks for someone to trade with. He of course, needed a weapon that can actually do significant damage. He makes sure not to let the Seargent see that he is all giddy, or else he'll be scolded at. Seargent Wolfbane looks a bit...off right now. Must've gotten something bad in the letter. Ouch.

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 02:46 PM
The Sergeant seems tiny compared to what he was just a few seconds ago. He doesn't reply, only staring at the message.

-n her soul."

He hits play again.

"We regret..."

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 02:51 PM
Sheen walks up to Wolfbane and talks to him. "Are you ok, Seargent Wolfbane? Do you want any drinks perhaps?" Sheen said, knowing that Wolfbane needs a drink or two to calm down.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-05, 02:54 PM
((Not in a mood for RP today. Random point at Night Surgeon))

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 02:54 PM
Sergeant Trekandus(:smalltongue:) is unresponsive.

"-ith an oncoming truck. COD is determined..."

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 02:55 PM
Cady reached out and closed her hand over the Sergeant's, to shut off the EIM. "That's enough," she says gently, trying to take it from him.

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 03:15 PM
Corporal Sheen whispered to Cady, "Just let him keep replaying it. I can see that he's going to be very angry in a couple of moments, so let's walk away slowly so we don't get in trouble."

Having said that, he walked off to Murska to tell him about the stuff he got in the mail and that he shouldn't bother Seargent Trekandus at this time.

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 03:20 PM
The Sergeant keeps a strong grip on the message and stands, sliding it into his coat pocket. His face sets to stone and the tears disappear. Taking out a long, curved knife, he cuts deep marks into his arms as he mutters under his breath.

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 03:25 PM
:smallmad: "Oy! Stop that!" Cady barks out, trying to grab the Sergeant's wrist.

Given her upbringing on a low-gravity world, she's tall, thin, and very flexible. Her strength is comparatively lacking, to put it mildly.

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 03:26 PM
Shocked, Sheen yelled out "Seargent Trekandus! What're you doing?!?!" He reached out to grab Trekandus's knife, being on guard that if the Seargent suddenly attempts to stab him, he'll be ready for it. He assists Cady by also attempting to hold the knife back.

((Nice roleplaying, by the way. It's really in-character! :smallbiggrin:))

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 03:37 PM
He shrugs off Cady's hand easily, where she grew up in low-grav, he was the opposite. Trekandus was born on Sauron, a dense sphere with 1.7 times Earth's gravity. Sheen is able to get the blade away, only to be met with a very harsh glare as the Sergeant stretches up to his full 6ft 7inch height. If looks could kill, he'd be a grease spot on the wall.

"Trooper, you will give that back now." The cuts on his arms look nasty, but don't bleed as much as they would have if he didn't know what he was doing.

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 03:39 PM
"Snap out of it!" Cady says. "Nobody here is required to help you injure yourself."

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 03:45 PM
He sets his glare onto her. "You thought I was going to kill myself?" he practically spits out the vile taste of the words. "How would that have helped?" Trekandus holds up his arms. "This is traditional for widowers from my homeworld. Let me finish the da**** job." He sounds furious.

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 03:54 PM
"What the hell is someone supposed to think, when you put a blade to yourself?" Cady snarls back. Oh dear. I don't think she paid much attention at all in that counselling course.

The Bookworm
2009-10-05, 04:37 PM
((Pointing at Night Surgeon for random.))

Dirk Kris
2009-10-05, 04:48 PM
Corporal McGonnigle takes her letter from home and watches as the handsome sargeant cuts himself. She bites her lip and forces her eyes back to the envelope in her hands. Reading the address, she already knows what to expect. The perfectly printed letter spelling out her name and assignment, the smiley-face sticker to seal the back. With trembling hands, she opens the envelope.

Inside, the letter is made up of words and letters cut from magazines and newspapers. Another death threat from her stalker. Super. Thought you could hide from me up in space? Not going to happen. I can see you, I always see you and you can never get away. Just like your sister. You know I saved a piece of her for myself, to always have, to remind me of you, to not get distracted. I will have you again and then I will eat you. I exhausted myself last time and let you escape. I won't make the same mistake again. The blood, the blood, the warm sticky yummy blood...

It goes on but she can't read any more. With a gasp, Mary Catherine throws the letter down on the floor and hurries to the latrine to be quietly sick.

Irbis
2009-10-05, 05:39 PM
So, guys... I have big net problems today, but since no one objected, I'll read how Murska did this networking and organize something tomorrow.

Huh, I have a few nice ideas how to speed the scrying.

And unlike Murska, I'll (to not leave any ambiguities) ask each team in turn to scry me, to prove I'm a good guy, and to build a bit of much needed trust.

Murska
2009-10-05, 05:41 PM
Pfffft, coward. I was, at the same time, narrator in two games, in actively discussing group of players in four others, and a villager recently.

Yup, sometimes my PM box filled, but I sucked it up like a man and pressed forward! :smalltongue:

((I've been a wolf in five games while being a mason in three.))

Private Murska gets no mail. Mostly due to there being nobody back home who would care. Instead, he spent the time the others were distracted sneaking off and secretly liberating a light flamethrower from the stores. They told him to obey orders, which he always had taken with a grain of salt, but once an officer had told him to not be stupid, and that was one piece of advice he had always tried to follow.

If procedures said he was not to wield anything more dangerous than a butterknife against creatures which could rip a man apart, the procedures could darn well go screw themselves, he wasn't going to be helpless.

He returned in time to see the ongoing situation with Sergeant Trekandus.

"What's going on here?"

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 06:21 PM
Trekandus ignores the trooper and is back to the cutting and muttering under his breath.

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 06:37 PM
"The Seargent is a bit off. So don't bother him. Say...what's that thing in your backpack? Looks like a-". He stops, then tones his voice down so only Murska could hear it. "...flamethrower." Pausing for a moment, he begins to talk again. "Wow. What do you want to trade for it? I'll trade you my old rifle with 4 clips, a pack of cigs and a lighter, and I'll throw in my knife. I understand if you just want to protect yourself for now, but still."

Murska
2009-10-05, 06:47 PM
And unlike Murska, I'll (to not leave any ambiguities) ask each team in turn to scry me, to prove I'm a good guy, and to build a bit of much needed trust.

((Each team in turn? You do realize you aren't supposed to have the same teams multiple nights in a row. Besides, wasting five scries on a single soon-to-be-dead person...))

Murska motions for Sheen to move to a more secluded spot.

"I'll be keeping this for now, sorry. I have some experience with the thing, and should be able to disguise it as a part of my rifle with a bit of tinkering..."

He grins. "Hey, do you remember that little robot we made, which we snuck into the ventilation ducts and then had him cause noises? I think that one could work even better here, what with the current atmosphere..."

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 06:51 PM
"Oh man, that was so hilarious! Everybody was just freaking out and I was just rolling on the floor laughing! Might be a bit too extreme here though, we all might be dead in a couple of days. Seargent wouldn't like it too much, he's got enough to deal with on his hands...You still have the robot? Who cares, let's put in the ventilation. :smallbiggrin:"

Murska
2009-10-05, 06:53 PM
"That's the point. If we all gonna die in a few days, why not have some fun before it." :smallbiggrin:

And lo and behold, from Murska's backpack appears something which looks like a small black box.

"And one of the ones nobody ever caught us doing, so we shouldn't even be suspects."

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 06:58 PM
"True. Do you still have a stealth device? A little precaution so we don't get used as meatshields if someone catches us. Some strict commanders actually still do that, wouldn't be good if someone catches us. :smallamused:"

Murska
2009-10-05, 07:00 PM
"I'm afraid that one got confiscated after the Noodle Incident. But if you keep a lookout, I have some camofabric and should be able to sneak it in... These ducts aren't very guarded."

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 07:08 PM
"Alright, are we doing it right now? If so, I'll go and turn on the VISR in my helmet so I can see if people are coming. You ready?"

Murska
2009-10-05, 07:15 PM
"Ready as one can be." With a wink, he turns exactly the colour of his surroundings and sneaks towards the ventilation duct entrance farther in the empty room they're in.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 07:30 PM
Murska because it's been awhile since he's been wolf :smalltongue:

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 07:41 PM
Sheen winks and turns on the VISR, identifying everyone that comes within range. For good measure, he also turns on the "Light-Camo" on his armor so he could probably fool someone who doesn't have particularly good vision.

Murska
2009-10-05, 07:41 PM
((Fleeing Coward for huge bandwagon on me in the first day of one of my favourite games. :smallbiggrin: Besides, I think the last time I was a wolf was with him, and he's a wolf more often than I am.))

EDIT: Murska takes out a small implement, and with a few sparks, removes a part of the cover. Then he slides the small black box inside carefully, places the removed part back and attaches it.

He turns and gives Sheen a thumbs-up, despite him probably not seeing it very well due to his camo.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 07:45 PM
((Fleeing Coward for huge bandwagon on me in the first day of one of my favourite games. :smallbiggrin: Besides, I think the last time I was a wolf was with him, and he's a wolf more often than I am.))

It's all lies!
Everyone should know that Murska's a wolf more than anyone :smalltongue:
Also what game was that?

@v I love killing RPers. They might be good entertainment but they make keeping spreadsheets a pain :smalltongue:

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 07:45 PM
((I'll actually switch my point over to Fleeing Coward purely because Murska is RPing a lot and I don't have anyone else to point at.))

Murska
2009-10-05, 07:47 PM
It's all lies!
Everyone should know that Murska's a wolf more than anyone :smalltongue:
Also what game was that?

@v I love killing RPers. They might be good entertainment but they make keeping spreadsheets a pain :smalltongue:

OOTS Werewolf. :smallbiggrin:

Also, edited in RP into my last post, which got hidden into the second-to-last page due to nefarious meddling by FC.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 07:52 PM
OOTS Werewolf. :smallbiggrin:

Also, edited in RP into my last post, which got hidden into the second-to-last page due to nefarious meddling by FC.

I meant which game was the one I started a huge bandwagon on you? :smalltongue: (Unless that was your answer for that too)

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 07:59 PM
With the eye of a sniper, he sees a faint outline of a thumbs up, so he returns it and turns off his Light-Camo. "This is going to be fun. :smallwink:"

Murska
2009-10-05, 08:04 PM
I meant which game was the one I started a huge bandwagon on you? :smalltongue: (Unless that was your answer for that too)

((This one! It was the SECOND point on me! :smalleek: And that's horrible. :smallbiggrin:))

Murska turns off his maybe slightly nonstandard camouflage and innocently walks back to him. Then he says in a joking tone: "What is? I haven't seen anything..."

Then he turns and drops the controls for the robot into his hand inconspicuously. "I guess you get the first one."

TehSheen
2009-10-05, 08:14 PM
"Awesome. Let's see...Over the main hall should do it." He moves the robot to the main hall where everybody is and makes it do a loud groggy sound.

Zar Peter
2009-10-06, 09:23 AM
I promise I will read something when I feel better.

For now I only point at Geesi for a complete random first day point.

Dirk Kris
2009-10-06, 10:05 AM
Corporal McGonnigle comes out of the bathroom after washing her face and disposing of the remnants of her breakfast. She looks pale, but she manages to keep herself from trembling too much. Forcing her mask of numbness on to protect herself, she approaches the sargeant and places a gentle hand on his shoulder. Not to stop him, but to remind him that there are others present. "Sir, I am sorry. I know that doesn't help, but...the men. They still need you. Me too. And I'm sorry for my lapse in judgement last night. It won't happen again."

UncleWolf
2009-10-06, 10:14 AM
Sergeant Trekandus puts away the knife and starts to wrap his arms in bandages. "As I said, Corporal, it was traditional." He removes her hand from his shoulder. "Take a few minutes to straighten yourself out then make sure you're ready for combat."

Dirk Kris
2009-10-06, 02:08 PM
The pretty blonde nods. "Ready now, sir." She salutes, then heads off to her bunk to gear up for a fight.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-06, 02:15 PM
Wolfbane

Roleplaying a position of authority? Makes it easier to survive early lynch votes (cries of 'but I'm roleplaying! I'm no threat!' abound all too often) at the cost of perhaps being scried slightly earlier. Considering Horrors can get outta dodge within the next 3 or 4 (particularly disorganised) days this strikes me as a good horror tactic.

UncleWolf
2009-10-06, 02:44 PM
The Sergeant nods and finishes his bandages, the blood soaking through a little, showing the design of lines carved into his arms.

((@Bath: Not really, I just needed something to RP as and thought that with all those Privates running around, there had to be a Sergeant or other officer. And personally, I don't think RPing should effect voting at all. You can still RP after you die.))

Dr. Bath
2009-10-06, 05:31 PM
The actual rp is one thing (and it probably shouldn't effect a serious vote but I ain't got nothing else to go on) but there's also just the increased awareness of you. For the first page every second post (exaggeration!) was yours. The raised profile of an active player can be a saving grace for early lynches.

I'm just trying to go on more than nothing here.

Trixie
2009-10-06, 06:05 PM
Fleeing Coward sounds very nice, actually :smallwink:

He knows for what.

happyturtle
2009-10-06, 06:08 PM
"Awesome. Let's see...Over the main hall should do it." He moves the robot to the main hall where everybody is and makes it do a loud groggy sound.

"Gah! What was that?!" Cady shrieks.

This would be an excellent time to point her gun in the general direction the noise came from, except for the small problem of her never having used a weapon in her life.

TehSheen
2009-10-06, 07:05 PM
Sheen had to start suppressing himself from laughing, and he made the robot go towards the direction of McGonnigle, and he turned the volume up even higher.

Murska
2009-10-06, 07:10 PM
Murska carefully peeks into the main room over his shoulder, grinning widely.

"This is hilarious..."

Shadowcaller
2009-10-06, 07:13 PM
//The Day was supposed to end now, but its not really a good time for me to update (It's 2 AM here.). The Day will be extended.))

happyturtle
2009-10-06, 07:14 PM
"Sergeant? Can you hear that?" Cady whispers in a terrified voice.

UncleWolf
2009-10-06, 07:19 PM
The Sergeant looks over to see what the noise was, raising his rifle.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-06, 07:21 PM
((Whee! Random point at TehSheen.
Oh, and I'm RPing the cook. Wake me up when you guys want dinner. :smallwink:))

Murska
2009-10-06, 07:31 PM
"Time to move it away before it gets shredded," Murska says, barely holding his laughter.

TehSheen
2009-10-06, 08:21 PM
Sheen moves the robot away, turns the volume down, and hands the controller to Murska. "Here, you go have some fun. I, for one, am getting hungry. I'm off to go find the chef around here, come once the robot gets shot." With that, Sheen walks off to go find the chef and get some good food.

Murska
2009-10-07, 03:58 AM
"I think the chef, the lazy bastard, is still sleeping. But we have the perfect thing to wake him up with, don't we?

Murska raises the controller.

Irbis
2009-10-07, 06:48 AM
No more autolynches! :smallannoyed:

Fleeing Coward.

Dirk Kris
2009-10-07, 09:29 AM
McGonnigle sighs with relief as the whatever-it-was seems to move away. She clutches at her pulse rifle, her knuckles white with the exertion. "Not there not there not there not there not there not there..." She repeats her mantra quietly to calm herself.

Anyone with the curiosity and authority could check her personnel file...

Shadowcaller
2009-10-07, 11:48 AM
”And for two months, all you did was to send a distress signal?”

“You need to understand, we are very isolated out here and it seemed like something could handle ourselves at the time, we thought we had it under control.”

“But you obviously didn’t, this ship is completely out of control, the bridge is completely unresponsive and according to the log here, the captain is at the morgue!”

“Well… it went pretty was, we lost control so quickly, there was no time to do anything but try to stay alive. They went into the showers… oh gods; they went into the showers…” James, as Julia had learned the scientists name were, started to shake a bit.

“Okay, calm down now we are going to solve this, we just need to deactivate the magnetic field so Reaper can enter and then-“

“No, no, no! It will spread! It spread here from the colony and will as easily spread to your ship as well! They are everywhere, among us… in the very air we breathe!"

“Please James, we are more experienced in these things then you, we can keep things under control, unlike you. We have already started to test people for infection and cleared several, that… incident won’t be repeated.”

James didn’t seem very sympathetic however,”You have lost one man today, I have lost my entire staff, my assistant was shot to death by a paranoid worker, she saved my life you know. I can still see her in my dreams… no, you need to prepare to suffer the same way we on this ship have before you are out of this, miss Julia.”

She sighted, it was as Stuarts always had said she thought sadly, communication was really the hardest part of the job.

Suddenly red lights lit up the docking bay as well as the sleeping quarters, which made people look around in confusion, “Looks like someone managed to turn back the power…”

But the relief of having at least the quarantine lights back on, turned only to be temporary as a scream could be heard nearby.

Julia immediately headed there while James slumped back onto a bench.

She seemed to be the first person to arrive there as a lone girl was staring at a corpse, or rather pieces of one lying around in the corridor, the smell was repulsive, but Julia had have far worse. The girl however, clearly didn’t as she leaned against the other wall and threw up.

Julia went closer and found a note made out of clips out of various newspapers and magazines on the floor, curious she quickly stepped over a leg and an arm and snatched up the note while finding herself thinking what hard work it would be to pick up all the body parts, this job really changed her,

Once you get used to this...

The note was quite simple, I’m here

Julia shuddered, just what they needed right now, a murderer on the loose.

Night Surgeon was murdered by someone, he was part of the crew of Medusa II (Villager)

Someone have returned power to the station

Night starts now and will end in about 48 hours

Wolfbane and tehsheen's votes haven't been counted since they didn't cross out their old ones.

happyturtle
2009-10-07, 12:32 PM
Irbis? Have you set up the commando groups?

Trixie
2009-10-07, 12:50 PM
Irbis? Have you set up the commando groups?

Well...

Yeah, I did.

But my connection died again, and I don't want to send it by proxy (for obvious reasons). Give me half an hour, and if it doesn't repair itself by then, I'll go to some reliable place [mumbles].

I'll be back! :/

I told you to stop relying on free public wifi and to get cheapest broadband a month ago, didn't I? :smallsigh:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-07, 03:43 PM
Yay don't you just love surviving due to a technicality? :smallbiggrin:

Irbis
2009-10-07, 04:23 PM
A few wonderful hours spent repairing. :smallsigh:

Ok, people, let's see.

There are 19 players in total now - me, plus 6 x 3 player squads. These (randomly assigned) will be teams: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Kappa, Delta and Lambda. Out of these 6, I'll ask ~2, randomly drawn, to protect me - in order to minimize chance of wolf disturbance and fail villager. The other 4 will be scrying (well, 3, because I promised to be scried as well). This means we can check one squad per night. The most important thing - do not trigger interference.

I thought about randomizing teams each night, but I think we will learn more if we keep them stable. Needs further thinking, though.

There are four 'fail' players - these will need to be removed from commando groups, though, and casualties replaced. I hope I'm fail villager as well, that would make our lives much easier.

Unfortunately, wolves can disrupt scries, so please don't kill me if just one team shows me as a wolf, as I'm innocent - and I'll play in such a way to maximize Team's Good gains anyway, to make my role irrelevant. Agents, please notify me in some way if you detect wolf - that team will be checked immediately. The same goes for commander - as soon as you know I'm legit (wolves cannot change your scries) - contact me immediately, we'll need any edge we can get.

Question to narrator - Fail players cannot disrupt commander, right?

Shadowcaller
2009-10-07, 04:25 PM
Question to narrator - Fail players cannot disrupt commander, right?

((Nope, a fail in a group with a commander that for example scries Shadow will learn his true role.))

Trixie
2009-10-07, 04:38 PM
Who will learn? Fail? Commander? :smallconfused:

Sorry, but it's a bit ambiguous.

Guancyto
2009-10-07, 04:40 PM
Both. All three members of the commando group get the results of the scry. :smalltongue:

@V I wouldn't want to be him. :smalleek: It seems like he's almost the lynchpin of the entire game.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-07, 04:41 PM
Everyone, and the Commander will get an info that there was an attempt to disturb the action.

Whoever is the Commander - I envy you - it's an awesome role :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Ninja'd

Irbis
2009-10-07, 05:43 PM
Aaaand... the Teams are away! :smallbiggrin:

But, since I don't know all players, and since the list in the beginning had incomplete/mangled nicks - it is possible one or two of you weren't contacted. Can all teams look at the recipient field and make sure you're all in touch and everyone knows where he is?

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-07, 05:48 PM
Got it Irbis, we void you tonight and lynch you tomorrow just for the fun of it :smallbiggrin:

Irbis
2009-10-07, 05:51 PM
You're begging to become default lynch target tomorrow if we don't find anything during this night :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-07, 05:56 PM
I thought I was already the default target for the lynch based on the fact that I only escaped the lynch today due to a technicality :smallbiggrin:

Guancyto
2009-10-07, 05:58 PM
Got it Irbis, we void you tonight and lynch you tomorrow just for the fun of it :smallbiggrin:

I received these instructions as well. Are you sure you sent the right PMs?

Just kidding. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-10-08, 05:37 AM
Am I the only one who is now hopelessly confused?

Irbis
2009-10-08, 06:11 AM
By what, pray tell? :smallconfused:

banjo1985
2009-10-08, 08:08 AM
I wouldn't worry, most things confuse me. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-10-09, 11:59 AM
Sgt. Trekandus sighs when he sees the robot. "Troopers, we don't have time to be messing around." Instead of wasting precious ammo on it, the Sergeant stomps on it until it is thoroughly crushed.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-09, 12:52 PM
“We are moving up against the morgue now Sal, no sight of any survivors or creatures yet.”

“Proceed; I’m seeing everything you see, just watch out for malfunction doors.”

“Caught’ a.”

Julia turned back to her guide, “So turn left here?”

He nodded and she turned into yet another long corridor that ended up with a double door that with dark red letters could be read “The morgue”.

She readied the flame thrower; anything could be in there, with James descriptions of what had happened here, she could expect piles of bodies. With the guide behind her she gently pushed up the door. The morgue was in its coldness pretty much as expected, white walls with the body chambers on both sides of the blood splattered walls, the floor was likewise drenched in blood and rotting pieces of cadavers laying all over the floor, even thought her gas mask she could feel the incredible stench and odor that came from the room.

“Oh god… didn’t they cremate the bodies?”

“Uhh…the smell...” Her guide stopped outside at leaned against the wall. “Take your time; be glad you have a gas mask on.”

She waited a moment, it would just be stupid to continue alone, and she didn’t want to leave her guide alone either, the ones that had been tested were the only ones she could trust right now.

“Right… let’s continue.”

As they both entered the room Julia went ahead, donned the flamethrower on her back and slide open one of the body chambers, except for a little blood. She raised an eyebrow, closed it and opened the next one, empty. As was the next one, the next one, the next one…

“Looks like they did burn them after all, do you know anything about this?”

But the guide just shrugged, “No idea miss… err officer, I thankfully never went here.”

“Okay, but it’s still strange thought, leaving all these body parts behind, James never did mention anything about mass burnings.”

He just shook his head “You are done, so can we get out of here now?”

“Yeah, let’s go to the nursery now, there are supposed to be more survivors there.” Julia paused and hailed Sal again, “Did you see that Sal? All the bodies are gone, including the captains so there is now way we can get his ID, they must have burned all the bodies before the black out.”

“And it looks like they did quite a shabby job of it too.” He paused. “This means we can’t get access to the captains’ files, or his codes, which makes this mess even harder to endure, just be careful out there Julia, okay? We can’t afford to lose more officers on this mission.”

“Don’t worry Sal, I can handle myself.” She closed the comm., not wanting to waste time and turned to the guide that was eyeing the closed body chambers suspiciously.

“Are you coming?” She said, heading for the exit, readying her flamethrower again.

“Yeah, yeah… coming…”

They left the empty morgue which once again returned to its stillness and coldness, fresh blood slowly dripping out of one of the still partly open body chambers.

Nothing happend last night... or did it?

Day starts and will end in 48 hours

Guancyto
2009-10-09, 01:06 PM
Roll call!

Team Gamma scried Zar Peter as a villager.

@V I'll think about and comment on that particular strategy later. On nothing happening, I have a very different theory:

Disappearance: The horror makes one player disappear into the night. While the details about this is better left unmentioned this kill is not be revealed until the end of the next night. The player fallen victim for this is not in any way allowed to tell the other player about this or post in the thread until its revealed that she/he is indeed dead. Like Mafia abduction.

Irbis
2009-10-09, 01:15 PM
Um, Geesi, openness is nice, but I don't think we want to tell wolves who is in what team - well, normally that wouldn't be a problem, but a team that scries true either (most probably) has no wolf in it, no fails, or commander in it - and I don't think letting them kill someone from lucky squad is a good thing (as that team then is useless, unless reinforced, and that reinforcement can be a wolf/fail).

That being said, I leave the decision to the teams, but I strongly encourage you to use me as a spokesman, unless I missed something.

Today's kill - there are 3 possibilities. Wolves forgot to kill (unlikely, with 4 independent ones), tried to kill me hoping I wasn't protected after all, or one wolf hit another. Hmmm.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-09, 01:17 PM
Today's kill - there are 3 possibilities. Wolves forgot to kill (unlikely, with 4 independent ones), tried to kill me hoping I wasn't protected after all, or one wolf hit another. Hmmm.

((Actually, there is also the possibility that a player have been abducted.))

Irbis
2009-10-09, 01:32 PM
Huh. Okay, there's that. So far, 2 out of 17 players are confirmed alive. People, please raise hands so we can find out! :smallwink:

Oh, and I got that PM:

I just thought of something. I apologize that it will probably make more work for you, but it might be necessary.

We can be pretty certain that the Horrors will choose "get true scry" as their disturb action for the first couple of nights, since it helps them substantially in the information war.

If the groups are static, if there's a Horror in the same group as the Commander it's not going to take them more than a night or two to realize that the random scry result the group received was the same as the true scry he got.

It would take the Horror sacrificing itself for a 50/50 shot at taking him out (since it would have to wait several nights for another go), but that's a worthy trade because the Commander is so valuable.

Except:

S.E.U. Veteran (Commander): You are the most experienced officer in the squad. If you are in a commando group that group can’t be disturbed and if someone tries to, you will learn of it. If a horror tries to merge with you, you will die instead. Scries as S.E.U. Veteran (Commander).

Investigate: Will reveal the role of a selected player to everyone in the commando group. If this action is disturbed it will come back with an incorrect result. If it is disturbed by a horror, the horror gets the choice to either learn the genuine role or choose the incorrect result (which is otherwise random).

Shadowcaller, can wolves use both kill and disrupt on the same night?

I see two problems with that PM. If wolf wants to disrupt and learn true scry, he can't be sure that the random scry was true thanks to commander or because it was random. Even if he (correctly) guesses it, there are two people to pick - and the chance horror guesses correctly on given night is 1/8 (1/4 x 1/2), more if he found other horrors. Hmmm.

The biggest downside is that the random reassigning can break 'safe' teams and combine them with fails - but it can do the revers. Still, I'd have to keep track to see who haven't scried me, to give commander a chance to scry me.

Okay, I'll ask you what you think about that proposition, and in the meantime we'll have 24h check if someone's missing (to reassign broken squad) and to make sure commander (or agent) wasn't in the group that scried me.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-09, 01:39 PM
Shadowcaller, can wolves use both kill and disrupt on the same night?

I see two problems with that PM. If wolf wants to disrupt and learn true scry, he can't be sure that the random scry was true thanks to commander or because it was random. Even if he (correctly) guesses it, there are two people to pick - and the chance horror guesses correctly on given night is 1/8 (1/4 x 1/2), more if he found other horrors. Hmmm.

The biggest downside is that the random reassigning can break 'safe' teams and combine them with fails - but it can do the revers. Still, I'd have to keep track to see who haven't scried me, to give commander a chance to scry me.

Okay, I'll ask you what you think about that proposition, and in the meantime we'll have 24h check if someone's missing (to reassign broken squad) and to make sure commander (or agent) wasn't in the group that scried me.

((For your question, yes, the horror can disturb and kill during the same night. Also, remember that the S.E.U. Agents also can detect if the commando action is disturbed or not.

If you are a S.E.U. Officer or Veteran and the commando group you were in was disturbed, you will have been PM'ed now. Otherwise it wasn't.))

Zar Peter
2009-10-09, 01:45 PM
* Raises hand *
* sings *

I'm still alive!
Still alive!

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 02:16 PM
*hugs the Wolfbane horror back*

Sorry to spoil your chance at revenge. :smallwink:

TehSheen
2009-10-09, 02:16 PM
Still alive. Still alive. :smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2009-10-09, 03:05 PM
I'm doing SCIENCE!
(Oh, and I'm still alive.)

Uncle Festy
2009-10-09, 05:15 PM
Sorry for the doublepost. >.<
Anyways, gone for 48. Don't auto me please.

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 05:19 PM
*hugs the Wolfbane horror back*

Sorry to spoil your chance at revenge. :smallwink:

I guess I wasn't clear enough. Wolfbane scried as a horror. :smalltongue:

TehSheen
2009-10-09, 05:25 PM
Really? Then that means that Wolfbane is our target.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-09, 05:32 PM
I even said it! I said it! Wolfbane.

Darkcomet
2009-10-09, 05:35 PM
Wolfbane, I guess.

Odd that Happy points out Wolfbane for the lynch, though, for anyone who knows their SEU history...

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 05:39 PM
You mean this history? :smallbiggrin:

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/Kirbybane/CarlyStabs.png

Murska
2009-10-09, 05:49 PM
I've always used the method of as much free information to both villagers and horrors in the thread as possible, including team compositions. That way even when the villager leader dies, which is almost certain to happen sooner rather than later, people can easily compose teams with 100% scries.

That said, it's Irbis's call in this one. Team Alpha scries Uncle Festy as a fail.

Wolfbane.

Aemoh
2009-10-09, 06:01 PM
Wolfbane it is.

Guancyto
2009-10-09, 06:05 PM
I've always used the method of as much free information to both villagers and horrors in the thread as possible, including team compositions. That way even when the villager leader dies, which is almost certain to happen sooner rather than later, people can easily compose teams with 100% scries.

That said, it's Irbis's call in this one. Team Alpha scries Uncle Festy as a fail.

Well, that's less likely to happen since Irbis is (if I'm reading things right) being baned twice by semi-anonymous teams. It's far from impossible, however, and leaving most of the information in the hands of one person would make me antsy even if it were someone I trusted completely.

Oh, and Wolfbane.

Murska
2009-10-09, 06:09 PM
Unless we get very lucky, there will be a time where there aren't two teams left, let alone two that have time to bane Irbis.

Also, SEU4... I was supposed to be baned by two teams and was killed anyway. One team decided to scry me and other was disturbed.

Trixie
2009-10-09, 06:09 PM
Banjo
Dirk Kris
Eaglewiz
Fleeing Coward
Opeth_Freak
Selrahc
The Bookworm
Wolfbane

These above haven't responded yet.

Oh, and Wolfbane.

Irbis
2009-10-09, 06:40 PM
Unless we get very lucky, there will be a time where there aren't two teams left, let alone two that have time to bane Irbis.

Also, SEU4... I was supposed to be baned by two teams and was killed anyway. One team decided to scry me and other was disturbed.

Murska is telling me to be more open with info. Huh, ironic :smallamused:

Ok, I'll think what info I can release and what mechanisms can protect it in case I die, but not today (yawns, goes to sleep). We're still in opening phase, anyway.

As for the second concern - that's why I promised everyone can scry me, even though it's a waste of scries. Speaking of which, I've got my first result - hmmm, interesting. Sadly, it was made by a team with Wolfbane - so he either didn't interfered with it or got lucky with random scry. There is at least one team that can confirm I'm in Team Good, though :smallsmile:

If Wolfbane isn't a wolf, HT's team will be a good target to be scried next.

Question to narrator - can fail players screw up wolves? If so, how this plays out?

Murska
2009-10-09, 06:43 PM
Well, you can just check it from the thread. I'm very much against actually sending the results only to you. That's like asking for trouble.

And yes, I've always been a strong proponent of sharing as much information as possible. To people who aren't confirmed, that is in most games none unless the information is something a wolf could already have hold of or we need to take risks. For people who are 80% confirmed or higher, it's all except the identity of the most important powerroles. For 100%, it's every piece of information plus random suspicions, hunches and anything else you can think of.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-09, 06:46 PM
For this game, I've got to agree with Murska in the shaing of information publicly (at least until a confirmed SEU comes up)

Wolfbane and I was part of Geesi's team that scried Zar Peter of course.

Guancyto
2009-10-09, 06:47 PM
Question to narrator - can fail players screw up wolves? If so, how this plays out?

Team Gamma had this same concern (since it would be just my luck to be a Fail and FC is obviously a wolf :smalltongue:). We were informed that Wolf disturbance overrides Fail disturbance.

I'd be curious to see how it would play out if it was the other way around. It would definitely make the Fail role more interesting.

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 06:56 PM
Okay... I'm going to feel really stupid if I'm wrong, but I think Wolfbane's been abducted. After my first point at him, I exchanged a few PM's with him, and teased him for being a horror. And I just realized looking back at his responses that he managed to completely avoid speaking about this game.

So the options are, he's a horror who is faking abduction, or we're about to waste a lynch. If it's the former, we can lynch him when his body doesn't turn up tomorrow. So I'm going to switch to Eaglewiz since he was in my scry group. It's not much to go on, admittedly.

Trixie
2009-10-09, 06:56 PM
And yes, I've always been a strong proponent of sharing as much information as possible. To people who aren't confirmed, that is in most games none unless the information is something a wolf could already have hold of or we need to take risks. For people who are 80% confirmed or higher, it's all except the identity of the most important powerroles. For 100%, it's every piece of information plus random suspicions, hunches and anything else you can think of.

Liar! :smallyuk:

I happen to remember what I got when I was confirmed seer and you were the baner. Zero. Certain someone hid masons from me which resulted in a few bad scries and broken network once I was killed because that someone didn't protected me. And that was the safest possible setup for sharing info. :smallannoyed:

As for being open, I vote for discussion until the end of the day and against giving the wolves ammo they need to hang us (by giving it away anyway), unless you can prove that it will really cause no harm in their hands or that the villagers will benefit from it more.

Not that I'm a fan of someone keeping all info to himself, but hasty announcements without thinking about consequences strike me as rather bad idea.

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 06:59 PM
Dun blame Murska for that decision, Trixie. That was the masons's call. He wasn't told their names either. (Assuming you're talking about WoD... Of course in that game, masons were told you were the seer proxy, not the seer...)

Murska
2009-10-09, 07:01 PM
That was mainly because you kept sending confusing PMs with all the little text and refused to come out and plainly state you are the seer. :smallwink: I'm just a backwards Finn, you can't assume I'll understand stuff.

The wolves can't trust any of our scries just like we can't trust them. Obviously nobody will come out and state someone has been scried as SEU or SEU Commander, but the other results? No harm done.

Also, Wolfbane might be pretending to be abducted and have his turn tonight, merging with someone.

Darkcomet
2009-10-09, 07:08 PM
Also, Wolfbane might be pretending to be abducted and have his turn tonight, merging with someone.

I feel the need to point out that that would be the exact same trick he helped Happy pull in SEU III.

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 07:09 PM
We can void him to keep that from happening.

Murska
2009-10-09, 07:10 PM
One scry > One lynch, at this stage. And we still don't have a 100% sure group to entrust the voiding at so we'd need two groups.

Trixie
2009-10-09, 07:13 PM
That was mainly because you kept sending confusing PMs with all the little text and refused to come out and plainly state you are the seer. :smallwink: I'm just a backwards Finn, you can't assume I'll understand stuff.

Um, proxy or no proxy, I was still 100% sure good player. And you never asked who seer is, if I remember, nor protected the only person who linked all networks. :/

The wolves can't trust any of our scries just like we can't trust them. Obviously nobody will come out and state someone has been scried as SEU or SEU Commander, but the other results? No harm done.

No harm, except for greatly reducing space where SEU can hide. And even if they are hidden under the cover of fails, it doesn't take a genius to notice one team had better results than all others.

So, sadly, the best option is to lynch wolfbane to prevent that. If he is really abducted, we have a lead.If not - goodbye, wolfie, and he won't escape by merging. Also - being open means wolves can easily pick a team which was already checked for merges to easily throw away all previous scries to garbage bin.

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 07:19 PM
We won that game, Trixie, so no need to be bitter about it. :smallwink: You still share in the credit, even if you were dead at the end of the game.

Seems I'm in the minority about whether Wolfie should be lynched. No point in changing my vote back though.

The Bookworm
2009-10-09, 07:20 PM
Wolfbane. I don't understand all this complicated logic stuff.

Trixie
2009-10-09, 07:26 PM
6 people left to check. Can someone send them PMs?

Murska
2009-10-09, 07:33 PM
I don't keep teams intact over nights. Most nights, everyone will be in different teams than they were the previous night at least until we secure 100% sure teams.

SEU space to hide is not diminished since SEU-scries are reported as 'villager'.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-09, 09:19 PM
Wolfbane it is.

Trixie
2009-10-10, 03:23 AM
I don't keep teams intact over nights. Most nights, everyone will be in different teams than they were the previous night at least until we secure 100% sure teams.

SEU space to hide is not diminished since SEU-scries are reported as 'villager'.

Um... if we're going to hide and obfuscate scries...

Then what's the point of keeping them in the open, really? :smallconfused:

Zar Peter
2009-10-10, 04:09 AM
Seems there's no one stopping the Wolbane waggon

Murska
2009-10-10, 04:11 AM
Um... if we're going to hide and obfuscate scries...

Then what's the point of keeping them in the open, really? :smallconfused:

So one person isn't the only one to know them. One of the largest reasons for the best wolf plays is that single people are very easy to fool. They might not think of something or someone might gain their trust or they might draw a conclusion and refuse to believe it's wrong until it's too late.

Also, why not? More information to villagers might mean they pay more attention, which is always good.

Irbis
2009-10-10, 04:28 AM
Sigh.

I don't agree with you, but okay - what info do you want to be public?

And I still think mostly wolves will benefit from this.

Murska
2009-10-10, 04:39 AM
It's your call in this game. You can check five for what I usually do: Give out all the scries and teams, reshuffle the teams next night using the info gained during the day, either have teams that scried a SEU agent/commander claim they baned someone or have them claim they scried a villager.

Trixie
2009-10-10, 04:52 AM
Um, but that info is already public:

Alpha: Murska, scried Uncle Festy
Gamma: Geesi, FC, scried Zar Peter.
Kappa: me, protecting.
Beta, Delta, Lambda: Happy, scried Wolfbane, plus one team who scried Irbis (with Wolfbane) and the other protecting him.

Or do you want the full lists? :smallconfused:

either have teams that scried a SEU agent/commander claim they baned someone or have them claim they scried a villager.

That won't work with two fixed protects. Unless we pretend there were three, but that will give the wolves info 1 in 9 players is worthy target. Small chance, but is they cleared a few already it might be bigger, though.

Had anyone sent PMs to remaining 5 inactives? :smallwink:

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 04:56 AM
Okay, I just did, but Dirk is inactive on weekends, and I think Banjo might be as well.

Murska
2009-10-10, 04:56 AM
Well, the only information lacking from that list is the players in each team, and it isn't such a big deal really.

Anyway, I usually alternate the number and composition of the teams protecting people. The wolves can take the risk, disturb the group and try to kill one but if there happened to be another group baning that target, said wolf is screwed. Or if there was commander in the group. And such.

Selrahc
2009-10-10, 05:34 AM
Wolfbane.
Down in Dublin visiting a friend for the weekend so any members of my group will have to act without me.

EagleWiz
2009-10-10, 09:34 AM
My internet was gone, but im still alive. Wolfbane wont be alive for long though. :)

Also, isn't there a chance that the Horror chose to abduct another Horror?

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 09:41 AM
That just puts the two in contact, same as trying to kill or merge with another horror, I think.

Anyway. Happy smells off to me. Smells like... shenanigans... Mainly because Wolfbane has announced that he will have limited to no access to the internet (especially at weekends) Considering Happy talks to Wolfbane fairly regular-like it just seems odd she would neglect to mention a very possible reason for his absence. The oddness of pushing a wagon then suddenly dropping it as it gets underway just makes me think something strange is happening. Voting for Wolfbane seems fine for today, if he isn't a horror we can at least analyse who would choose to abduct instead of merge or kill a player, and who would pick wolfbane.

Darkcomet
2009-10-10, 09:51 AM
It also strikes me as odd that Happy of all people would not believe that Wolf was faking abduction. When, as I said before, he helped her pull the exact same thing in SEU III.

I guess the old dog really can't be taught new tricks.

(Wolf: If you read this... :smalltongue:)

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 10:04 AM
Yeah but she hasn't really tried to save him at all! That's the weirdest thing.

Darkcomet
2009-10-10, 10:05 AM
Something really stinks here...

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 01:41 PM
Bath, you missed the part where I was actually having a conversation with him by PM after I pointed at him. He posted in other threads at the time, but not this one.

And I haven't tried that hard to save him because I think he's dead and there's nothing to save. It's just a question of do we waste a lynch or not. Since everyone else seems to think we should, there's not much point in continuing to argue otherwise.

As for pretending to be abducted, I'm rather proud of that particular episode, but it's never going to actually work to save a horror again. As soon as the person is revealed to still be alive, they'll be lynched. At most it can buy them a day's reprieve, which can be mitigated by voiding them.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 07:45 PM
Actually I didn't miss that, but he was only on until 9ish (gmt) yesterday and was, at that point at no risk whatsoever, since you posted the clarifying post (saying you scried him) at 11ish. Quite some time after he signed off. Sure, you had a pm conversation. That can be verified by no one but you, he didn't even do anything particularly convincing either way by the looks of it since you said you didn't notice his lack of talk about SEU til later.

A day delay is still a day delay. Any number of things could happen during the night and next day, the void might fail and he gets away with it anyway for example, and by feining death wolfbane can stop one of the groups from functioning at all (not enough members), (actually doesn't, so long as trixie joins a commando group) and waste an action on someone who could have been dead already. By my reckoning that's a bit of a gain over dying right now. Not really worth a big gamble (so no big show from you) but at least worth a shot.

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 07:59 PM
No, there's no one to corroborate my story that I exchanged PMs with him yesterday, but there are plenty of people who can verify that Wolfbane and I normally talk every day by msn. It's reasonable that we'd speak by PM when msn wasn't available. But if you want to make a grand conspiracy theory that involves me somehow collaborating with Wolfbane to conceal his horror-ness (even though horrors start blind) while not PMing with him, go ahead. I'm anxious to hear it.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 08:22 PM
I'm not saying you didn't pm. Just that what you are saying happened in said pms may not have actually been what was said.

People seem to have completely forgotten that a horror can target another horror, which puts them in contact. You or Wolfbane targeting the other doesn't seem that unlikely if either of you were horrors. You worked together last game and talk a lot, something may slip or the other knows about a plan you were thinking of last time and ruins a perfectly good way to survive. Why not kill the other before they can call shenanigans? Just so happens both of you were horrors so no kill goes through.

It's a little unlikely, but it's not impossible. It's not even that implausible.

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 08:37 PM
That's actually the most reasonable theory anyone's come up with yet. No, I have no way to prove that didn't happen.

Cady is busy hacking into the autokitchen to convince it to dispense some form of alcoholic beverage.

Murska
2009-10-10, 08:55 PM
Murska walks past Cady, waving absentmindedly. He stops next to an autokitchen output, touches it a few times and walks off with a bottle of something which certainly looks alcoholic.

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 08:59 PM
Ooooh!

Cady runs after Murska. "Hey... what did you just get?"

Murska
2009-10-10, 09:14 PM
The bottle disappears somewhere in his clothing in an instant. "Me? What do you mean?"

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 09:16 PM
"I saw you get something from the autokitchen. Something alcoholic. Now spill. What code did you use to override the block on recreational substances?" :smallannoyed:

Murska
2009-10-10, 09:18 PM
"Code? No, not quite..."

He grins. "Well, if you really want to know, I suppose I could give you a hint. But you'll owe me one."

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 09:19 PM
"Deal," Cady says. "Tell me. I could really really use a stiff drink."

Murska
2009-10-10, 09:26 PM
"So." He stands up a bit straighter, assuming a mock teaching posture.

"As you probably know, the obvious attempt and the one they've prevented with the AI system is claiming the substance is needed for something other than recreational purposes, thus granting access to it. The AI checks this, so it doesn't normally work.

But in the current situation, the AI of the ship is on combat AND possible boarding alert, so it's capabilities are prioritized more heavily than normally towards military usage.

Thus, all I needed was to use another terminal to schedule an AI combat check and a simulation for boarding on this deck. There's a report on odd noise from the ducts, and manual checking of that of course needs a robot. The AI checks my request for alcohol for said robot but the check is overridden by the prioritization of the military matters for the purposes of the simulation.

And the grand part? None of what I did is above my clearance. It's just the combined effect that results in control on higher levels of the AI program."

happyturtle
2009-10-10, 09:32 PM
*blink*

*blink blink*

"Could... you go over that again, a bit slower?"

Murska
2009-10-10, 09:36 PM
He sighs. "Go at a comm terminal or something. Get the AI to do something military-related so it's busy. Then tell it to give you alcohol for something military-related and not for recreational use. It'll be too busy with the war-thing going on to notice."

Trixie
2009-10-11, 03:48 AM
A day delay is still a day delay. Any number of things could happen during the night and next day, the void might fail and he gets away with it anyway for example, and by feining death wolfbane can stop one of the groups from functioning at all (not enough members), (actually doesn't, so long as trixie joins a commando group) and waste an action on someone who could have been dead already. By my reckoning that's a bit of a gain over dying right now. Not really worth a big gamble (so no big show from you) but at least worth a shot.

Um, what? :smallconfused:

I'm in a group, did you meant someone else? :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-10-11, 08:33 AM
Alive, but not really here until tomorrow.

banjo1985
2009-10-11, 09:21 AM
Also alive, and confirming that Wolfy scried as a horror. But I also believe that he's been abducted. So Eaglewiz it is for me.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-11, 10:55 AM
Um, what? :smallconfused:

I'm in a group, did you meant someone else? :smalltongue:

Since we were at 19 players last night there would be one player left over without a commando group. I may have meant irbis though (one of you is organising the groups...). Stop being similar!

Shadowcaller
2009-10-11, 01:00 PM
”It’s quiet here…”

”Too quiet?”

”No… I mean yes, too quiet.”

“I don’t notice any difference between here and the rest of the ship, its quiet everywhere.”

“Yeah, but we were in the morgue, it’s supposed to be quiet there, this is a nursery, it’s supposed to be life here.” The guide took another bite of his sandwich; he didn’t seem to be concerned about staying here.

“Could you hurry up a bit? We haven’t found any survivors here yet, we need to keep going.” Julia pointed out at the empty informatory.

“Relax will you? It’s completely empty here, you must have been mistaken, everyone gathered in the docking bay, the rest of this ship is empty.”

“Then where is everyone? Where are the bodies? That scientist James told me a lot of people had been killed by those creatures or killed each other out of paranoia, there must be signs of this, and people don’t just disappear from a spaceship.”

“They burned the corpses then, as you said.”

“Then why don’t you or anyone else of the survivors in the docking bay know anything about it? Who burned the corpses? They must have been a lot of people to move so many bodies in such a short time…”

“I- I don’t know, maybe… they did it in secret or something?”

“Why? It makes no sense.” She didn’t wait for the guides reply but stood up and let her flashlight lit up some nursery chambers, which were empty at the moment.

“And where are all the babies? I didn’t see any in the docks yet there are more than fifty babies registered here on the ships computer.”

“Their parents must have evacuated them or something… and dose this even matter? I just want to get out of this ship; I don’t care what happened here. All I know there are creatures here that like to kill me. I worked with fixing computers, everything have just been a gigantic mess since the sirens started to shout.”

“I want to know at least, if we ever hope to…” She was interrupted by the sound of something moving, the guide backed away towards the exit.

"Sal, did you hear that?”

“Affirmative, you shouldn’t really go this far without the other agents Julia; I suggest you go back now.”

“Yeah, yeah… just going to see what this is.” She paused and handed her flashlight to the frightened guide, “Here, hold on to this, and point it where I direct, okay?”

He nodded silently, looking around the room.

Julia readied her flamethrower and went in the direction of the sound, he followed her closely. Pass the nursery chambers they saw a man leaning against a desk, there was blood everywhere around him, but Julia could see that he was still breathing.

“Oh dear… it’s Trekandus, do you see this Sal? We need some help over here.”

“I see you clearly Julia, Trekandus was supposed to be tested today, but we couldn’t find him, seems you have done that for us.”

“Seems so…” She paused, turning to her guide, “Stay away from him, he might be infected, we will send a team in here and clear this out, but until then we will stay here not moving too close to him okay? No matter how much he begs.”

He nodded again, glancing at the bloody Trekandus.

“So Sal, send a team for us then eh?”

“They are on your way…”

Wolfbane would have been lynched, but had already been kidnapped last night. He was a S.E.U. Officer (Agent).

Night starts and will end in 48 hours

happyturtle
2009-10-11, 02:38 PM
He sighs. "Go at a comm terminal or something. Get the AI to do something military-related so it's busy. Then tell it to give you alcohol for something military-related and not for recreational use. It'll be too busy with the war-thing going on to notice."

Cady flings her arms around him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, Murska!" :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-10-11, 02:48 PM
He seems rather surprised by this, and even blushes a little. "Uh, no problem."

TehSheen
2009-10-11, 03:51 PM
Sheen watches Murska and Cady, amused. He walks off to go take a nap, and wonders where Trekandus is.

happyturtle
2009-10-11, 03:52 PM
Cady heads back to the autokitchen and uses Murska's advice to procure a bottle of whiskey.

Which she then proceeds to drink, straight. Yummy!

Murska
2009-10-11, 03:56 PM
Murska, meanwhile, heads to his small stockpile of stuff he's procured from around the ship, tinkering a bit with the robot.

In the end, he has a remote-deliverable molotov cocktail with a remote ignition system. If it wouldn't be used against the creatures here, at least it'd be a fun way to set a superior officer's room on fire some time.

Trixie
2009-10-11, 04:08 PM
Things we can deduct from this - there is wolf or fail in Happy's squad. There is no commander or agent in it (seeing as no one announced tampering, I thnk) - so, they're safe to lynch. It means we have 3 more people cleared - which with 2 scried alive and Irbis means that only 12 out of 18 can hold remaining agents.

UncleWolf
2009-10-11, 05:07 PM
Trekandus shivers in his unconscious state, horrid nightmares invading into his dreams.

(No longer playing, only RPing)

Irbis
2009-10-11, 06:29 PM
Give me a few minutes and the team reshuffling will be done!

Shazamm! :smalltongue:

Uncle Festy
2009-10-11, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Trixie;7101491](seeing as no one announced tampering, I thnk)QUOTE]

Let's be honest here, an agent announcing tampering would just be dumb. Then they reveal themselves as agents.
*is waiting on a PM from Irbis*

happyturtle
2009-10-12, 05:25 AM
I never received anything from Irbis. Did the commando groups happen and I was just the remainder? I hope so, because it would really suck to miss an entire night.

If the groups didn't happen at all, then I hope someone can step up and fix that before the update. I'd try and organize groups now, but I'm headed afk for the day.

Irbis
2009-10-12, 06:10 AM
The nights here last 48 hours, TYVM.

And actually, I was very curious what your reaction will be, Mr. "Helper" :smalltongue:

Irbis
2009-10-12, 06:59 AM
So, everyone has their PM? Let's roll! :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-10-12, 07:59 AM
Trekandus shivers in his unconscious state, horrid nightmares invading into his dreams.

(No longer playing, only RPing)

((Since you're already dead, Wolfy, no harm in RPing with you now. :smallwink: ))
Corporal McGonnigle slips into the SEU Agent's bunk. She sits lightly on the edge of it, a warm, wet washcloth in her hands. She places the cloth against Trekandus' forehead and dabs lightly, trying to calm and soothe the troubles he wears there. "I know all about bad dreams, Sargeant. Rest easy."

happyturtle
2009-10-12, 10:44 AM
The nights here last 48 hours, TYVM.

And actually, I was very curious what your reaction will be, Mr. "Helper" :smalltongue:

I kind of know that since I'm running the other game with exactly the same rules. :smallwink: But the 48 hours is there for a reason. If you wait too long to send out the assignments, then people might not get them in time to forward them on to the narrator.

But it's all done now, so is good.

UncleWolf
2009-10-12, 03:09 PM
((Since you're already dead, Wolfy, no harm in RPing with you now. :smallwink: ))
Corporal McGonnigle slips into the SEU Agent's bunk. She sits lightly on the edge of it, a warm, wet washcloth in her hands. She places the cloth against Trekandus' forehead and dabs lightly, trying to calm and soothe the troubles he wears there. "I know all about bad dreams, Sargeant. Rest easy."

(Geez, he just gets news his wife is dead, and has just seen who knows what, and she's already trying to hit on him again? She's fast. :smalltongue:)

Trekandus mutters in his sleep, in a language that the Corporal won't understand.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-12, 03:33 PM
There were sounds coming from the walls, he could hear them so clearly, they were here, all around them, crawling around in his dreams at night.

Infection, yes they take you over, make you one of them...

This had been a bastion of civilization in the cold, careless, dead space around them, here you could truly feel and see the oblivion the universe really was. Only the life of light, a random coincidence, a fluke created of out chaos was the thing that broke the trend. But alas, that light could so easily be snuffed out as the event on board Medusa had proven.

There had been many people here, everything had been so very safe, they even had security, weapons, but all that had just been a illusions, the weapons they had they had used to kill each other with, paranoia had so easily infected the crew once the creatures managed to enter here.

People here had been civilians, ordinary Joe's and Jane's just living ordinary lives, then these things had proven how easily such a thing as "ordinary" could be broken. These friends, these neighbors that lived so close to each other, had shared so much of their lives with each other on this ship.

It had been a community, a family...

How many of the creatures were there really? He had seen some of them die, they weren't that hard to kill as long as you knew their weakness, the light. It made sense, these creatures of cold space feared the chaos that was fire, the life-giver.

But for every creature that had been killed it seemed so many more humans had, and now they were coming for him. He could hear them crawl around in the vents, not even here so far away from the group they were coming for him.

He was not going to let them take him alive, but he could not join the cold oblivion that was death, not yet, he had to warn people, prevent these things from spreading, he was going to take from them what they wanted from us, our bodies.

Nothing happened last night and yes, this night ended early

Day Starts and will end in 48 hours

Trixie
2009-10-12, 03:44 PM
Um... wait a moment, was that was 24, not 48 hours? :smallconfused:

Shadowcaller
2009-10-12, 03:47 PM
Um... wait a moment, was that was 24, not 48 hours? :smallconfused:

((All actions were in so I decided to update early.))

Trixie
2009-10-12, 04:03 PM
Ach, okay, then.

Dirk Kris
2009-10-12, 04:23 PM
(Geez, he just gets news his wife is dead, and has just seen who knows what, and she's already trying to hit on him again? She's fast. :smalltongue:)

Trekandus mutters in his sleep, in a language that the Corporal won't understand.

Not hitting on him, just being kind. :smallwink:

Irbis
2009-10-12, 06:05 PM
Again, please send results to me or, if you want, post them here, with no excess details useful to the wolves if possible :smalltongue:

On a side note - happyturtle scried as fail, but since that group contained (with 90% probability) at least one wolf and/or fail, this result is most likely incorrect. More data from scries needed before any conclusion is drawn. Still, happy is probably a safe lynch target :smalltongue:

And as usual, abduction check, please! :smallsmile:

TehSheen
2009-10-12, 06:41 PM
I'm still alive. Still alive. I feel fantastic and I'm still alive! Still alive. Still alive.
(For those of you who didn't get it, I'm still alive.)

happyturtle
2009-10-12, 06:46 PM
Cady, comfortably inebriated, goes and sits down next to Sheen. "Hey, cutie. Care for a drink?" She offers him her half-empty bottle of whiskey.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-12, 06:55 PM
Ding!
I'm here.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-12, 06:56 PM
According to Shadowcaller there has been some confusion with the commando groups. I and a few others have ended up not being part of a group, so quite where that leaves the night actions I don't know.

Darkcomet
2009-10-12, 06:58 PM
Still here. My group baned Irbis.

Guancyto
2009-10-12, 07:00 PM
Dr. Bath, you were supposed to be in my group.

Did we not send in an action, then? I had assumed that someone else had covered it since night ended early.

Also, here.

Murska
2009-10-12, 07:47 PM
My group scried Banjo as a horror.

But my previous group scried Uncle Festy as a fail and Uncle Festy was in my team this time, so I'm not too sure about this.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-12, 09:28 PM
My group scried Irbis last night although I don't understand why we're doing that again.
I'm beginning to suspect more and more that Irbis is deliberately trying to screw things up here.

happyturtle
2009-10-12, 09:35 PM
Banjo, for now. But if me or Festy is a fail, then Banjo is probably not evil.

Unless two fails cancel each other out to make a success?

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-12, 09:42 PM
Banjo, for now. But if me or Festy is a fail, then Banjo is probably not evil.

Unless two fails cancel each other out to make a success?

You forgot Murska, obvious he's the horror and disturbed both nights :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-10-12, 09:44 PM
So... Murska's the horror, and me and Festy are both fails... I guess that makes Banjo innocent again?

*wonders if we're lynching another abductee*

Trixie
2009-10-13, 03:56 AM
My group scried Irbis last night although I don't understand why we're doing that again.
I'm beginning to suspect more and more that Irbis is deliberately trying to screw things up here.

My impression was that the commander needs to be put in contact with him. Was I mistaken?

And how this will screw up things, exactly?

That sounded wolfy, btw :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-10-13, 02:10 PM
I can confirm that I'm innocent, and that my team were asked to scry Irbis, to which we've had no result that I know about. Don't know what this means about Murska's scry, I'll leave it to someone who's paying more attention to work that out.

Eaglewiz for me.

I'm too busy to be active in these things right now. :smallfrown:

Guancyto
2009-10-13, 02:13 PM
Banjo, you were also supposed to be on my team, unless you were accidentally added twice.

We were asked to scry EagleWiz (or at least I was), and we appear to have missed our action.

@V It does! :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-10-13, 02:25 PM
...shows how much time I've had to pay attention then :smalltongue:

Guancyto
2009-10-13, 03:48 PM
Well, good to get that cleared up. Thanks Shadowcaller. :smallsmile:

Team Alpha scried Eaglewiz as a Fail.

Irbis
2009-10-13, 06:42 PM
I can confirm that I'm innocent, and that my team were asked to scry Irbis, to which we've had no result that I know about. Don't know what this means about Murska's scry, I'll leave it to someone who's paying more attention to work that out.

Banjo, you were also supposed to be on my team, unless you were accidentally added twice.

Um, whatwhatwhat? :smallconfused:

I just checked (twice) and the Banjo was indeed with Geesi, all players got assignment, and no one was left out. If someone didn't get the PM, it's because his/her nick is too similar to another one autocompleting suggested me :smallconfused:

Dr. Bath
2009-10-13, 06:43 PM
Like I said. There was some mess up at some point. I don't really know what happened. Perhaps ask Shadowcaller?

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-13, 06:45 PM
Irbis. I don't care, if you're in charge in this game, JUST CHANGE THAT DAMN VOTE IN THURSDAY NEXT! :smallmad:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-13, 06:47 PM
Oh, Irbis scried as a fail in our result.
I'd also like to request all results last night to be made available publicly. I've heard from someone that the first night's actions were screwed up big time and since Irbis is organising the scries, I blame him for all this secretiveness.

Irbis
2009-10-13, 06:50 PM
On a side note - something is wrong with the scries, unless we've already found all fails in the game. And I think I know what :smalltongue:

Also, someone give me a 'hint'. Tonight, we'll see if that will give us a wolf :smallwink:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-13, 06:52 PM
On a side note - something is wrong with the scries, unless we've already found all fails in the game. And I think I know what :smalltongue:

Also, someone give me a 'hint'. Tonight, we'll see if that will give us a wolf :smallwink:

This is what I'm talking about - Irbis has been trying to control this whole game himself and keeping all information to himself. Someone explain to me how this helps if it turns out that he's a horror.

happyturtle
2009-10-13, 06:54 PM
I'm up for giving out information publicly, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea.

Guancyto
2009-10-13, 07:00 PM
This is what I'm talking about - Irbis has been trying to control this whole game himself and keeping all information to himself. Someone explain to me how this helps if it turns out that he's a horror.

As much as I hate to agree with FC (wait, that's a lie, I love agreeing with FC :smallbiggrin:), the horrors have a huge advantage in the information war because they can scry true if they aren't framing everyone.

The secrecy plus that we're using a full half of our commando actions on you is not helping this, and will only get worse once we have less than six teams active.

You do what you want, and I'll cooperate for the time being. But you better have one hell of a plan. :smallannoyed:

Irbis
2009-10-13, 07:01 PM
Oh, Irbis scried as a fail in our result.
I'd also like to request all results last night to be made available publicly. I've heard from someone that the first night's actions were screwed up big time and since Irbis is organising the scries, I blame him for all this secretiveness.

That, dear sir, is slander! :smallyuk:

All actions in the previous night went as planned, and everyone said their scries.

And thanks for publishing yours, as I planned to check if wolves unknowingly changed the result from to 'villager' I claimed - well, for someone in team good you're doing all to blew everything you could :smallannoyed:

If there is something that I'm doing wrong, please PM me and I'll adress this, please, do not act rashly.

Irbis
2009-10-13, 07:10 PM

If I'm a horror who can change scries of two teams I'm not even in, then indeed, you've lost this game already :smallsigh:

You, on the other hand, are doing anything you can to arm them. Yeah, telling the wolves who was scried to make them kill only the scried people is a great idea :smallannoyed:

As much as I hate to agree with FC (wait, that's a lie, I love agreeing with FC ), the horrors have a huge advantage in the information war because they scry true.

Only if they risk screwing with scry.

And indeed, one 'hint' I mentioned was apparently someone that was too active yesterday.

Please :smallsigh:

The secrecy plus that we're using a full half of our commando actions on you is not helping this, and will only get worse once we have less than six teams active.

Yeah, because getting agents and commander in touch with me is completely pointless, as well as giving horrors enough rope to make them hang themselves :smallsigh:

If the 'hint' is correct these actions already paid for themselves.

happyturtle
2009-10-13, 07:12 PM
*sigh*

The main problem with excessive secrecy is that it makes the game a lot less fun for everyone if we're just following orders and no one but you has enough information to try and analyze the game. And in a choice between win and fun, I will choose fun Every. Damn. Time.

Darkcomet
2009-10-13, 07:13 PM
Opeth Freak, 'cause he's pointing at someone who has evidently been scried as innocent twice, and these things had best stay in one game. Letting them leak into each other leads to Horrible Things. (tm)

Irbis
2009-10-13, 07:19 PM
*sigh*

The main problem with excessive secrecy is that it makes the game a lot less fun for everyone if we're just following orders and no one but you has enough information to try and analyze the game. And in a choice between win and fun, I will choose fun Every. Damn. Time.

Yeah, I know, but...

Huh, at least someone takes me serious for once and no one is doing the exact opposite. :smallsigh:

Aw, whatever. I'll repeat - if someone tells me what I should make public and makes a good argument (unlike certain FC) - I'll comply as soon as I can.

Anyway, we have someone scried (?) as wolf, and this is not discussed at all? :smallconfused:

Guancyto
2009-10-13, 07:20 PM
If there is something that I'm doing wrong, please PM me and I'll adress this, please, do not act rashly.

Have been and will. It's nothing personal, I hope you understand.

Darkcomet
2009-10-13, 07:20 PM
Anyway, we have someone scried (?) as wolf, and this is not discussed at all? :smallconfused:

That is mostly because one of the people in the group that scried him has scried as a fail.

Guancyto
2009-10-13, 07:25 PM
Oh right, we do actually have to point, don't we?

I've got a hunch about Dr. Bath. It's just a hunch, so don't follow it unless you really want to.

@V Yeah, that's pretty much the same feeling I've got about you.

@Town, go with whoever you want. I very well may be a fail myself, and I sort of see where this all is going. Can't say I care for it, so maybe I should get lynched anyway.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-13, 07:27 PM
I get the feeling wolves are using their ability to frame people as fails. Which perhaps means look less at who was scried as a fail and who did the scrying. Since in my group we both have someone who was scried wolf (banjo, I think) and we scried a fail...

I vote banjo although I could be wrong. It could be Geesi too.

That was just too strange.

happyturtle
2009-10-13, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I know, but...

Huh, at least someone takes me serious for once and no one is doing the exact opposite. :smallsigh:

Aw, whatever. I'll repeat - if someone tells me what I should make public and makes a good argument (unlike certain FC) - I'll comply as soon as I can.

What should be made public: group compositions and actions. If they scry an agent, report it as villager.

Why: Because if we're all just going to take orders and do what one person says, then it's only a game for one person. If we're going to do that, we may as well all go play Mastermind by ourselves.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-13, 08:56 PM
Ja, what happy said.
Me? I'm looking at Murska. Because he's always a wolf. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-10-13, 09:00 PM
The Sergeant fevered body twitches and keeps muttering. "<They...want us. Our bodies...souls... all of it.>"

He wakes up screaming.

(The < > is a different language and Remember, I'm only RPing)

TehSheen
2009-10-13, 09:38 PM
Sheen smiles and said,"Sure, but only if you're up to it." Sheen then walked up to get a couple of beers from the autokitchen, and sat back down and drank one.

((Pointing at Banjo for now.))

Murska
2009-10-14, 04:47 AM
Eh. We scried Banjo as a horror. I don't trust the scry but nobody seems to have anything better.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-14, 05:40 AM
Irbis for blackmailing Opeth in Thursday Next WW. May not be able to do anything in that game but I can do something here.

Zar Peter
2009-10-14, 05:42 AM
Yes, the point at Banjo is here. And I'm here, too.

The Bookworm
2009-10-14, 05:54 AM
Irbis, please.

Murska
2009-10-14, 06:02 AM
Okay, that's low. Irbis.

Irbis
2009-10-14, 06:24 AM
Irbis for blackmailing Opeth in Thursday Next WW. May not be able to do anything in that game but I can do something here.

Puh-lease. Even if you listen to one exaggerated side of the story it wasn't even that, you fleeing coward you :smallsigh:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-14, 06:38 AM
Puh-lease. Even if you listen to one exaggerated side of the story it wasn't even that, you fleeing coward you :smallsigh:

When a game is literally on the line, pointing with a wolf knowingly even as a joke is just pure stupidity in my opinion.

Trixie
2009-10-14, 06:41 AM
Revenge time!

No, it wasn't. Have you read it at all, Fleeing Coward? There was still sniper in the Team Good, and it was already won! All it mattered was if the game will be 5 minutes longer! And you're obviously disruptive in this game by damaging Team Good's efforts at every turn! :smallyuk:

Grabs popcorn and watches how Irbis will go down for "supicious defense" :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-14, 06:49 AM
Revenge time!

No, it wasn't. Have you read it at all, Fleeing Coward? There was still sniper in the Team Good, and it was already won! All it mattered was if the game will be 5 minutes longer! And you're obviously disruptive in this game by damaging Team Good's efforts at every turn! :smallyuk:

Grabs popcorn and watches how Irbis will go down for "supicious defense" :smallbiggrin:

Sniper or not, he chose to drag the game on for his own personal amusement by threatening to lynch someone who clearly wasn't evil. That's just not on in my books plain and simple.

All I've done this game is push for this game is transparency in actions.
Having the results available publicly has worked perfectly well in past SEU games yet Irbis has chosen an approach that not only could do the villagers huge damage if he turns out to be a horror but also makes the game boring for everyone but himself since only he knows all the results.

Trixie
2009-10-14, 06:54 AM
Well, then the sensible thing to do would be to force him to publish it as a punishment, to give us more power, than to lynch him and risk to kill someone proven to be good along with all this info?

And, seriously, what's up with this whole wolf accusing thing? Is it even remotely possible for him to be a wolf after two different scries? :smallconfused:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-14, 06:58 AM
If he chooses to publish the results then I'd be more than happy to reconsider my point but at the moment I don't even know who scried Irbis let alone what he scried as on night 1 so my point stands.

Murska
2009-10-14, 07:20 AM
Heeey. I think it's time for a Crazy Conspiracy Theory (tm)

Irbis, as a horror, got lucky with some PMs and found all three other horrors at the start of day 1.

Then he composed groups of these horrors to scry him. They'd make him scry as non-evil.

By keeping it secret, nobody would ever find out! :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-14, 07:27 AM
My conspiracy theories are far les complicated than that.

Theory A
We all know Irbis and Trixie are close. They somehow both got horror roles, Irbis arranges for Trixie's group to scry him and gets Trixie to disturb the scry. After all the chances of a SEU also been in the group is pretty low so it's a risk worth taking.

Theory B
Nobody scried Irbis on night 1. By keeping the actions secret, he can just make each group think that another group scried him when all this time, nobody did.

Trixie
2009-10-14, 07:41 AM
Um... let me point a big hole in your theory - first night, I was protecting Irbis, second, well, I was asked to protect him, too (might have something to do with the role I claimed to him) :smalltongue:

I haven't scried anyone yet. :smallamused:

As far as I know, both teams that scried Irbis had nothing in common. That was the whole point of the commander search, remember?

Okay, we know you scried Irbis today. Can someone who scried him at day 1 raise his hand?

Dirk Kris
2009-10-14, 08:11 AM
The Sergeant fevered body twitches and keeps muttering. "<They...want us. Our bodies...souls... all of it.>"

He wakes up screaming.

(The < > is a different language and Remember, I'm only RPing)

Poor Corporal McGonnigle. She wasn't prepared for that. She screams and instinctively punches at the perceived threat...her sargeant. She lands a solid hit to his jaw, then instantly pulls back, gaping and muttering an apology.

happyturtle
2009-10-14, 08:28 AM
Since I called for transparency, I'll start:

Night 1 Group: banjo1985, EagleWiz, happyturtle
Action: Scry Wolfbane
Result: Horror
Actual role: SEU agent

Night 2 Group: happyturtle, Murska, Uncle Festy
Action: Scry Banjo
Result: Horror
Actual role: ???

Cady sits next to Sheen, comfortably drunk by now. "... and then there was the week I spent in the Serpent Swarm with two boys from Jinx... let me tell you, those Jinxians may not look like much, but put them in low gravity, and they can go for hours!..." She gets a dreamy look on her face, as she smokes a cigarette with her toes.