PDA

View Full Version : Let's play British Catfish Space Marines AKA Let's play Giants: Citizen kabuto

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-02, 12:20 PM
I've recently gotten sick, and that's leaving me with alot of spare time on my hands, so I decided I'd LP one of the games I've been meaning to get around to.
I've never LP'd before, but now's as good a time to start as any. :smallsmile:

I was thinking of doing:

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magicka obscura
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout tactics
Sacrifice
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Civilization IV
or Neverwinter nights 2/NWN 2: MotB/NWN 2/SoZ

Giants it is!

Bouregard
2009-10-02, 12:23 PM
Sacrifice
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Those two games definitly need some love. Everyone can do a Neverwinter Nights or such...bah... mainstream!

Rumda
2009-10-02, 12:34 PM
Sacrifice

This. I loved that game

Etcetera
2009-10-02, 12:37 PM
I like the idea of NWN1/2, but that's only 'cos i have it. I think I remember sacrifice. Summoning stuff, was it?

oyhr
2009-10-02, 12:43 PM
I like the idea of NWN1/2, but that's only 'cos i have it. I think I remember sacrifice. Summoning stuff, was it?

I thought the point of these sorts of things were to see games you don't have.

Johnny Blade
2009-10-02, 12:45 PM
Yeah, collecting souls for for summoning stuff.

But the graphics are a bit too, err, sludgy, I think. I mean, you usually don't mind it in the game because it's pretty fast-paced, but the scenery gets repetitive and I honestly had no idea what some of my units were supposed to look like when I played it.

So I'd say Giants is better.
Storm of Zehir could also be nice for a LP.
And it'd get some extra recognition if the community gets to build a few of the characters.

psilontech
2009-10-02, 01:01 PM
I don't know why I thought of it, but...

Alpha Centauri.
I would love to see an Alpha Centauri LP.

Comet
2009-10-02, 01:13 PM
I would love to see an Alpha Centauri LP.
Ditto. I would love to see someone bringing the trippy adventures of the Gaians to life. Mindworms are made of victory and deep philosophy.

From the choices presented here, I'd go with Giants: Citizen Kabuto. I never got to play that and I've heard it's quite fun.

Oslecamo
2009-10-02, 01:44 PM
+1 for the giants. I heard of it and it seemed an interesting concept but I actually never seen it in play.

Woot Spitum
2009-10-02, 01:48 PM
Go with Neverwinter Nights 2. Or the expansions.

My second choice would be Fallout.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, pick the game you would be most likely to finish.

Artanis
2009-10-02, 05:06 PM
I'd say go with Arcanum. The game deserves more spotlight than it gets around here, and an LP would be a good way to do it.

Vic_Sage
2009-10-02, 05:24 PM
None of those look that interesting except for Arcanum.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-02, 06:31 PM
I would LOVE to see a Civilization Let's Play, or a Let's Play of any other game that's kind of similar.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-02, 09:12 PM
For the record, of the games listed, I'm personally interested in Arcanum.

So leading, it'd be
4 Giants
3 Arcanum

There's an issue for both, though.

For Arcanum, I don't have the manuel, as I bought it for 3$ second hand.
For Giants, it's pace would likely make it harder for me to play it. That, and I'm horrible at it, I haven't even made it to the 2nd part. :smalltongue:

Ikialev
2009-10-03, 09:26 AM
Make that 5 Kabutos, because I've never heard about that game, and LPs are acceptable ways of spoilering.

Raroy
2009-10-03, 10:43 AM
I don't think you should play kabutops if you can't beat it. Although, it could be a mini lp. Just remember, the first update is always the hardest.

Fredthefighter
2009-10-03, 11:00 AM
Another vote for Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Aricandor
2009-10-03, 02:45 PM
I guess it's too little to work it, but here's a vote for Sacrifice.

Smiling Knight
2009-10-03, 03:25 PM
Arcanum!

tenchar

tribble
2009-10-03, 03:57 PM
the thread title makes me think of this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbnC0O3_oU)
I think the playground is already doing something with Civ 4.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-03, 04:02 PM
the thread title makes me think of this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbnC0O3_oU)
I think the playground is already doing something with Civ 4.

If we're thinking of the same thing, that's just a play by email game.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-03, 04:59 PM
Giants seems to be the winner here, but sadly, I can't LP it, FO: Tactics or Sacrifice, as the recording method I was going to use won't work, and I doubt that screenshots would work very well with Giants. If people want me to LP it with pictures instead of video, however, I'll just do that.

Dixieboy
2009-10-03, 05:27 PM
Those two games definitly need some love. Everyone can do a Neverwinter Nights or such...bah... mainstream!

Are you calling arcanum mainstream?

shadowxknight
2009-10-04, 12:59 AM
I vote for NWN 2.
Can't run it on my desktop back at home so I'm curious to see how it is.

Comet
2009-10-04, 07:22 AM
Giants seems to be the winner here, but sadly, I can't LP it, FO: Tactics or Sacrifice, as the recording method I was going to use won't work, and I doubt that screenshots would work very well with Giants. If people want me to LP it with pictures instead of video, however, I'll just do that.

Screenshot LP is OK.
As for a game, I suggest either Arcanum or NWN 2: Mask of the Betrayer.
Because Arcanum is awesome and I haven't seen a single MotB LP in my life. These forums need more Bear-God Okku, anyway.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-04, 12:34 PM
So, I'll decide what I'm LPing in an hour or so.

For posting pictures, what would you all reccomend?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-04, 12:36 PM
So, I'll decide what I'm LPing in an hour or so.

For posting pictures, what would you all reccomend?

I use Photobucket, because out of all the services my friends and I used, it was the only one I could find the option to upload more than a very small number of pictures at a time (one I tried was no more than 5 at a time, but Photobucket has a bulk uploader).

Also, a bit more on how I do it. When taking screenshots, I create a new folder for each update. When I upload them, I create a new album, go to the bulk uploader, and click the select all option in the folder, and upload. Then I hit the the "Select all" and "Generate HTML and IMG code" button, and copy-pasta. Makes it very easy.

Johnny Blade
2009-10-04, 12:45 PM
Photobucket is the best, but a Let's Play might breach its bandwidth/upload limits. If that happens or you want to avoid it at all costs, I'd consider tinypic and BayIMG.

chiasaur11
2009-10-04, 01:12 PM
Photobucket is the best, but a Let's Play might breach its bandwidth/upload limits. If that happens or you want to avoid it at all costs, I'd consider tinypic and BayIMG.

Well, it depends on image size.

For smaller pictures like X-Com and Marathon, in works okay.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-04, 01:15 PM
Photobucket is the best, but a Let's Play might breach its bandwidth/upload limits.

Not at all. I've finished one let's play, and started two others (one of which had several thousand pictures before I ended it), and I'm not even to 5% filled. So unless you're going REALLY far, I don't think this will be a problem.

And if it is, just create another account with a new email.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-05, 06:07 PM
Giants it is.

I'll post the first part today or tommorow.

This will sound silly, but how do other LPers get their screen shots? I ask this as using the print screen key then saving the picture in paint every time seems sort of inefficent.

I'll guess not. It'll take longer for the first update, as I'm only half done with the screenshots.