PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Homebrew Spell, Baldric's Bone Bulwark

Jergmo
2009-10-02, 03:49 PM
This is a spell I created for my Necromancer in a friend's campaign, and thought I'd share; the spell is an advanced version of the necromancy spell Bone Armor, which is in Secret College of Necromancy.

Baldric's Bone Bulwark
Necromancy
Level: Clr 5, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

With the aid of his advanced anatomical and necromantic knowledge, the Chirurgeon Necromancer Baldric Blackadder created this spell, which creates a layer of strengthened bony ribs on the caster's arms, legs, and torso, as well as a skull-like helmet. This protective layer provides a +10 natural armor bonus against all physical forms of attack, damage reduction 5/bludgeoning, and cold resistance 5. The bone bulwark is destroyed by the attacks it absorbs; when it has absorbed an amount of damage equal to three times your caster level, the armor falls into useless brittle shards.

Material Component
A rib bone from a humanoid creature.

criticalstriker
2009-10-02, 11:42 PM
I like this spell quite a bit (I have a special place in my heart for necromancers). I do have a question though, when you say "has absorbed" do you mean the damage that the DR has taken care of, or total damage that the character has sustained?

kwanzaabot
2009-10-03, 04:05 AM
"My Lord, I have a cunning plan..." :smallbiggrin:

katarl
2009-10-03, 04:50 AM
It's a good spell, but i'm a bit worried by the name. At which point did Baldric marry Blackadder and become a necromancer?

Yora
2009-10-03, 08:43 AM
The DR semms okay, if you compare it with Stoneskin. But the +10 natural armor seems a bit strong to me. That's like +2 full plate that you can wear on top of your +2 full plate.

And with a huge AC, the DR will hold considerably longer.

Eloel
2009-10-03, 09:21 AM
Is the NA a bonus, or does it replace your own, if you have any?