PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Seahaven

Green Bean
2009-10-02, 06:42 PM
It's a beautiful Seahaven afternoon. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and best of all, it's a Friday. You've stopped by to take care of some routine banking before the payday crowds arrive. Unfortunately, today is anything but routine.

A group of armed men clad in head-to-toe body armor with mirrored visors suddenly burst through the front doors of the building and into the lobby. They order the bank patrons to lie on the floor and clear the way for a man and a woman to enter behind them. The pair is in their early 20s, both are dressed in raver-style clothes. The woman’s hair is long and flowing and the man’s short and spiky. There’s a definite family resemblance. “Rant and Rave are in da house!” the man says with a smirk. “Nobody messes with us, nobody gets hurt. Got it?” For emphasis he turns toward the bank guard edging toward the alarm and gives a loud shout. The man goes flying up against the wall and slumps to the floor, unconscious.

A third man pushes his way through the crowd of gunmen, towering over the other criminals as he makes his way purposefully towards the prostrate bank customers.

Kyace
2009-10-02, 07:14 PM
A local college student with a with a touch of Greek to his appearance turns toward the doors when the first bunch of criminals burst in. He takes a step away from the patrons and a step away from the criminals as he recognizes the threat and then lies on the black AC/DC logo on his t-shirt when ordered. Keeping his head mostly facing down, he tries to watch the feet of the criminals, primarily the one marching toward the patrons.

Matar
2009-10-02, 07:52 PM
Cambel is tired looking man in his early twenties. He wears a Tye-dye T-shirt and loose fitting blue jeans. He has a five-o-clock shadow and dark bags under his eyes, as if he hasn't slept in days.

When Rant and Rave enter the bank Cambel tries not to groan aloud. Honestly, the first time he's been to the bank in months and it had to be on the same day as a heist? Ugh.

If he played along, and did as he was told everything should go smoothly. No need for violence. Hopefully no one tries to pull a stunt like the bank guard again...

kpenguin
2009-10-02, 07:52 PM
Charles Clarence Parker, an averaged height, lean, and well-muscled man with soft brown eyes, crouches down behind the other patrons and tables and begins to sneak over to a nearby room where he can quickly change.

[roll0]

Mangles
2009-10-02, 10:33 PM
A bum sits in the corner of the bank room, why such a person would even be there is beyond most of the patrons, but security didn't seem intent on moving him and so the just ignored him as most do. As the bank robbers burst in he smiles slightly, still keeping his head down he reaches into a sack that is sitting next to him, but when Rant and Rave come in his smile soon turns to a frown, he shrinks back into the corner a little more and dons a gas mask.

The_Snark
2009-10-03, 04:13 AM
Rather noticeably, a youngish, red-haired woman in jeans and a T-shirt does not lie down on the floor, though she does raise her hands as if to show that they're empty. Normally, Jenny would have no qualms about leaping into the midst of a bunch of gunmen—well, except the worry that they might hurt one another in the crossfire—but this is a little different. This is a crowded bank full of people; she has to worry about the bullets that miss more than the ones that hit.

Superpowers and hostages involved, damn. I've never done either before. She takes a step forward, trying to get some distance from the bystanders.

"Y'know I don't really think you can manage that," she says, flashing a smile that's a lot more confident than she is. Is this a stupid idea? Should she just let them take the money and not risk somebody getting shot? Too late now; at least she's caught their attention. She opens her mouth to add something, changes her mind, and bounds towards the gunmen without any kind of quip at all.

Initiative? [roll0]

Kyace
2009-10-03, 10:00 AM
Crap, what is she doing? Alex thinks. I hope she can handle herself for a few seconds.

Going to try to use Jenny's actions as a distraction so he can run outside, change and get back to help her. He'll stand up as a free action, run outside and into an alley or something, move-by action a free action Quick Change then run back inside.
Stealth check to try to use Jenny as a distraction (sorry). [roll0]
[roll1]

Matar
2009-10-03, 01:24 PM
With a sigh Cambel drags himself off the floor. He seems... brighter, more vibrant then what he did a moment ago. 'I can't believe I'm doing this...' After lifting himself off the floor he snaps his fingers. In an instant walls of pure color pour out of the floor... and surround the hostages and himself. This includes Jenny and the Bum, but excluding Charles and Alex whom he doesn't notice.

It also blocks off the vault.

After doing so Cambel pulls a pink crayon out of his pocket, and brings it up to his lips. He takes a long drag off it like a cigarette. The tip of it seems to glow and shorten. He exhales shortly afterwards, letting loose a stream of pink smoke.

"Listen, there's no reason for this to get violent. Just go. No one's stopping you."

kpenguin
2009-10-03, 02:23 PM
OOC:
You know, I think I'm going to make a Initiative roll as well.

[roll0]

Da Beast
2009-10-03, 02:51 PM
First rolling initiative, then I'll add some actions

When the thugs burst in Caliber ducks against a wall, hoping to escape their notice. He then begins to creep towards the front of the bank, hoping to flank the crooks.

[roll=Stealth]1d20+18

Reflex Memory:
4 points, mighty strike 3 (+7 damage, 13 attack
2 points, defensive roll 2 (7 toughness, 13 defense)
3 points, 12 ranks of stealth (+18 modifier)
1 point, evasion feat

Matar
2009-10-03, 02:51 PM
OH RIGHT. My moves. Uh.

Move Action to get up.
Using create object to surrounded the hostages, Jenny, and myself. Givv that it covers a whole square, would that be an AoE? I think so...

Also my Ini for when I move.

Ini: [roll0]

Da Beast
2009-10-03, 03:31 PM
Guess I can't edit in a stealth check

[roll0]

Green Bean
2009-10-03, 06:05 PM
((Well, this got complicated in a hurry :smalltongue:))

The group of bank robbers were clearly not expecting this level of non-compliance, and the various heroes waiting in the bank quickly exploit this opportunity.

Blitz quickly changes and gets back into the bank. The criminals clearly saw you moving, but you doubt they caught a glimpse of your face at your speed.

Cambel seals off half of the bank, placing a wall between the robbers and the hostages. Unfortunately, you quickly realize that it also stands between them and the vault.

The mysterious bum and Charles both manage to use the distraction of a sudden glowing wall to successfully get changed without being seen.

Caliber's enhanced stealth skills work like a charm. You should be able to attack any of the robbers unawares.

Jenny rebounds off of the glowing wall, but easily lands back on her feet unharmed.

Unfortunately, the villain's shock quickly wears off, and they ready themselves for battle.

((Locations: Cambel's walls more or less divides the bank in two. Rant, Rave, six gunmen, the large robber, Blitz, Calibre, and Charles are on the side near the entrance. Cambel, Colt, Jenny, and three civilians are on the opposite side.

Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]

I need an Initiative roll from Mangles, and combat actions from everyone.))

Kyace
2009-10-03, 06:46 PM
Trying to hide a bit of nerviness, Blitz chuckles and quips, "Nine to one? Think you all can keep up?"

He then takes off, trying to trip the two ringleaders, then the thugs, moving at a blur.

Using Fast Overrun to try to, well, overrun everyone. >.> Lets see how spectacularly this fails.
Tripping in order:
Blitz's trip mod is 5 (dex) + 10 (speed) + 4 (Improved Overrun) or +19, opposed by either Str, Dex or Acrobatics.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Matar
2009-10-03, 07:53 PM
Cambel puts the crayon back into his pocket. His breathing is calm as he looks over the battlefield. Colors flow to his finger tips and form small points.

"I really dislike fighting..."

After saying such he points his hands towards Rave and blunt darts of color shoot towards her at amazing speed, passing through the wall as if nothing was there.

Attack Rave: Crayola Bullet: [roll0]

I don't have my book with me... does this knock her back if it hits? Not sure...

Mangles
2009-10-03, 07:53 PM
initiative : [roll0]
(sorry didnt think it would come up so soon)

Edit roll is in the other thread as it doesnt work.

Darian gets up his rags stark and the old looking military gas mask making him look very out of touch. He raises his hand and a darkness sweaps from him, although none of the civilians or heros are affected the thugs and rant and rave are struck with darkness, and shadowy hands form below them trying to hold them in place

kpenguin
2009-10-03, 08:50 PM
Charles quickly pulls out a white mask from his pocket and puts it on. He unbuttons and strips off his jacket, revealing a white vest. Both the vest and the mask are adorned with the symbol.

Charles Clarence Parker was gone. The Sevenfold Fist was here.

Walking calmly out to reveal himself, the Fist calmly speaks

"Gentlemen."

He then bounds acrobatically toward the nearest thugs, his fists ready and feet ready.

OOC:
Attacking nearby thugs with unarmed strike. Shifting 5 points from Attack to Defense with Defensive Attack

[roll0]

If that attack hits and knocks out a thug, takedown attack to hit the other another one.

[roll1]

Da Beast
2009-10-03, 09:12 PM
Caliber rushes into the middle of the group of thugs and begins lashing out in a flurry of motion.

Reflex Memory
4 points, mighty strike 3 (+7 damage, 13 attack
2 points, takedown attack 2
1 point, evasion feat
1 point, 4 ranks of acrobatics (+10 modifier)

OOC: going to move in and try to take out a pair of thugs with takedown attack. I'm assuming that they're minions and I can take ten on the attack rolls, but if not
[roll0]
[roll1]

well now I'm really hoping I can take 10 :smallsigh:

kpenguin
2009-10-03, 09:13 PM
OOC: D'oh! I forgot you could take take 10 on attack rolls vs. minions.

The_Snark
2009-10-07, 12:08 AM
Jenny rebounds off the wall, collapses in a heap, and straightens herself out in under a second, leading one to wonder whether they'd imagined it. "Uh." She blinks, feeling at the wall of color; it's solid, as she already proved. She stands there a little awkwardly for a few seconds; what do you do when you get cut off mid-rescue?

A blur catches her eye, and she turns around to see another bystander casually throwing a colored streak straight into and through the wall. She looks back towards the fall, watches it go for the female robber, looks back towards the man.

"Uh. This is your... color thing, then?"

Matar
2009-10-07, 09:38 AM
Cambel glances over to Jenny, though his hands stay pointed at the villains. He looks at you with the same tired expression that he had when he first entered the building.

"Yeah, it'd be mine. You uh..."

Cambel glances back at the other heroes in the building and sighs.

"Wouldn't happen to be one of these hero types as well, would you?

Green Bean
2009-10-07, 12:44 PM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
Colt [26]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

Blitz zips around the bank, knocking into Rant and Rave and planting them firmly on their butts. As he rams into his next target, the large gunmen simply fails to move. It feels like running into an iron bar, and you're knocked to the ground.

((btw, Kyace, in the future, you need to make an attack roll for your trip attempts while overrunning))

As Darian raises his hand, a half-sphere of inky darkness descends upon the scene, covering the half of the bank not walled off by colour. The robbers look around confusedly, but Darian sees through it clear as daylight. Dark hands reach up to grab Rant, Rave, and one of the thugs. The two superpowered crooks manage to roll out of the way, even on their backs, but the thug stifles a screams as the tendrils wrap around his legs.

((Thanks to some really lucky rolls on his part, thug is now entangled.))

Somehow unaffected by the rising darkness, The Sevenfold Fist bounds over to two of the thugs and brings their heads together with a loud *crack*. To your surprise, rather than falling to the ground unconscious, the thugs simply vanish into thin air with a faint whooshing sound.

((Two thugs down, and make a Knowledge: Streetwise check))

Cambel aims carefully, but knocked to the floor, Rave presents a smaller target profile than you expected. The "bullet" flies over her head.

Calibre is preparing to attack when a wave of pure darkness descends upon him. Even with his enhanced senses, he can't see through the inky cloud. With the enemy concealed, his careful attack pattern goes wide.

In the magical darkness, Rant, still on the ground, seems to be fumbling around for his sister. He manages to find her hand, then turns in the direction of the shining wall and screams at the top of his lungs! The resulting barrage of soundwaves hits full force, crumpling the barrier like a piece of paper. Darian's darkness sweeps in through the gaping hole, but fails to affect any of those inside. As the scream fades, Rant gets to his feet.

Despite the darkness, the four remaining thugs turn as one man on Blitz, the only target they can guess the location of, and open fire on him with their assault rifles. Fortunately, between the darkness and Blitz's superior speed, not one of the shots hit.

"That's quite enough." The large criminal's British-accented voice is quiet but somehow carries across the entire bank. He raises his left hand, and a sickly purple glow seems to fill the bank for an instant. As it fades, Darian's magical darkness has vanished.

As the wall crumples, Jenny bravely leaps into the middle of the opening. If the robbers want hostages, they'll have to go through her.

Rave stands back up, and looks over the surprising level of resistance. "If it's a fight you want..." She extends her hands outward, and abruptly the world seems to shift. The building and everything in it seems to warp and distort , as though you were looking at everything through a constantly changing funhouse mirror.

((You have been Obscured. Remember to include Concealment checks for anything you do that requires an attack roll.))

Kyace
2009-10-07, 03:42 PM
Blitz stands up as a blur and focuses his electrical awareness sense on the batteries and gadgets in the room. If he notices a watch or cell phone on Rave, he'll launch a lightning bolt are her watch or cell phone, likely frying it but giving him a way to aim non-visually. If he can't sense a battery on her, he'll go for either Rant or Mr Big. If the mooks are wearing watches or their guns have laser sights, he'll follow their aiming with those so they don't fill him with bullets too easily.

I didn't make attack rolls because D&D doesn't require them for Overrun attempts and M&M's overrun description was vague on the matter.

Standing from Prone is a free action, I think senses are normally free actions, but I'll spend a move action for another Notice check if this needs Notice checks. Standard action to Lightning Bolt the Rave (or Rant or Mr Big if Rave has no batteries on her).

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] in case I utter fail to find any batteries.

Edit: Wow, lets really hope they have something electrical on them then. :P

The_Snark
2009-10-07, 04:54 PM
"More or less. I—crap, hold that thought." Jenny notes the hole in the psychedelic wall of colour and bounds into the breach. Now that she has a clear view of the inside...

... no, scratch that, the inside is just as strange as the outside: colors and shadows pulse through the bank, and everything dances back and forth. You know that one alcohol-induced scene in Dumbo? It's like that, minus the elephants. Jenny decides to stay put and intercept anything that tries to come through and menace the civilians, like bullets.

Matar
2009-10-07, 06:44 PM
Cambel mutters something under his breath, and then replies to Jenny.

"The thought is being held..."

Figuring that any type of pin point accuracy would be impossible in this type of situation, Cambel instead decides to take the ground right from under the baddies. He places his hands on the ground, and the floor under Rant and Rave, along with the other baddies that he can see, transforms into pure color. He insures that Rave's pit is much deeper then Rant's.

Whoever falls into the pit of color notices that it's impossible to breath in. The ground hasn't been transformed into air, but... pure and raw color. It's texture is indescribable, something between a gas and a liquid, yet... not.

Touching ground to transform the ground out from under the baddies I can see into pure color. The pits should be deep, but not deep enough for the falling damage to kill them. Like in Ultimate power, this is basically like suffocate. Reflex of 20 to evade.

kpenguin
2009-10-07, 06:55 PM
His own mind playing tricks on him, the Sevenfold Fist backs off to the nearest wall and tries to uses it to balance. He readies his fists to swing at any bank robber who gets near.

OOC: Moving to brace against the wall, unarmed attacking any bank robber who gets close to him.

Defensive Attacking to shift 5 points from Attack to Defense
Power Attacking to shift 3 points from Attack to Damage

Attack roll, just in case...
[roll0]

Mangles
2009-10-08, 05:56 AM
Mumbling amateurs under his breath as he watches jenny, Darian crouches and bides his time, ready to pounce.

Green Bean
2009-10-08, 09:31 AM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25]
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

Oddly enough, Blitz doesn’t spot any electronic devices on Rant or Rave. However, he senses a cell phone on Mr. Big. Using it as an aiming point, Blitz lets loose a bolt of lightning. The bolt earths itself on the cell phone, burning it out before diffusing into the bank robber. Even through the haze, Blitz sees the man light up, but with another flash of eerie purple, the lightning disappears. With Rave’s obfuscating powers active, though, Blitz has no idea if he did any damage.

The Sevenfold Fist decides to go on the defensive, and that proves to be a good choice. A yawning, LSD-driven pit opens up under the feet of the bank robbers. All but one of the thugs falls into the hole, as does Mr. Big, but Rant and Rave leap to solid ground just in time. Between the pit, the remnants of the wall, and Rave’s influence, the bank’s starting to look like a bad acid trip, and it’s impossible to determine the state of those in the pit.

Matar
2009-10-08, 10:43 AM
Wordlessly Cambel creates a box made of bars of color over the baddies that fell into the pit. In the middle of the box is a fan, each blade a different color. The fan spins rapidly, forcing fresh air into the pits.

The logic behind his action is that, while he wants it to be hard to breath in the pits, he doesn't want the people in there to die. The fresh air being forced into the pit should take care of that.

He then begins to push his body to the limit and attempts to trap Rant, Rave, and the last baddie inside of a box of color. Three different boxes, for three different baddies. If possible, he makes Rave's box out of a sound-proof material, as to remove her ultra-sonic mind **** from the battlefield.

Assuming Rave is trapped, and Cambel can take a good look at who's on his side he allows them to pass through what's left of his wall and boxes.

"Oy, you... guys. In case you're curious, you can walk through my walls. Just a heads up."

Create Object(s): Fan inside Box: Create a rotating fan inside a box of bars. The box seals (Or at least is meant to seal) each pit.

Extra Effort: Attempt to capture the left over baddies inside of a box. If possible, make the boxes block out sound. If not, then... don't. Selective: Allows allys to walk though, only if Rave is trapped in the box though.

I am fatigued.

Green Bean
2009-10-08, 11:52 AM
((Sorry about the typo in the Initiative order. Anyway, Cambel's action will have to wait until next turn; we're only halfway through this round.))

Matar
2009-10-08, 12:11 PM
((Oh, okay. No sweat.))

Da Beast
2009-10-08, 02:11 PM
"Oh wow, gotta take out the light show before I get sick."

Caliber moves to neutralize Rave, attempting to grapple her to the floor.

Reflex Memory
1 points, attack focus melee 1
1 point, attack specialization: unarmed 1 (+ 4 damage, +16 attack)
1 points, improved crit: unarmed (19-20 threat)
1 point, improved grapple
1 point, grappling finesse
1 point, choke hold
1 point, elusive target (attackers get -4 with ranged when Caliber is in melee)
1 point, 4 ranks of acrobatics (+10 modifier)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

OOC: I think I have my grapple right, but I've never really tried it before. Just to be sure, I think get my attack bonus, but not the bonuses from attack focus or specialization. Is that right? Second, do I get to perform a grapple maneuver such as a throw or pin her this round, or do I just start the grapple now and and do one of those next round? If I can throw her this round, I want to try and toss her into Cambel's pit.

Edit: going to spend my hero point to negate concealment for the round.

Mangles
2009-10-08, 04:01 PM
Colt moves turns his head, using his masks enhanced senses he tries to determine where the remaining thugs are. Excluding those in the pits he springs away and tries to hit any of the robbers who stand.

Green Bean
2009-10-13, 10:11 AM
((Again, sorry about the delay. Turkey day proved more time-consuming than expected
Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25]
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

The unnatural distortion fails to yield to even Colt’s enhanced senses. Still, by concentrating carefully, he manages to pick out one of the thugs that hadn’t fallen into…whatever the heck just happened to the floor. [21] Colt quickly steps forward, somehow dealing a textbook blow to the blurry, hazy blob. The blur vanishes in silence, though come to think of it, he hasn’t heard anything since Rave started her ‘show’.

((Unfortunately, Infravision and Darkvision are both visual senses, which Rave explicitly blocks))

Caliber quickly grabs what he hopes is Rave, and manages to easily overpower her, tossing the villainess into the pit. To his dismay, the distortion does not cease.

((Cancelling Concealment isn’t a Hero Point option, so I just rerolled your miss chance.))

The smudge that vaguely resembles Rant doesn’t seem too happy about what Caliber just did to his sister, and because of the distortion, there’s no way to see his counterattack coming. A somehow silent blast of sound hits Caliber square in the back. The hit feels like being trapped in a paint mixed, though that proves to be the least of his worries, as the force sends him flying into a nearby wall. Despite the injury, he manages to roll with the impact, preventing himself from further damage.

((Caliber is now Stunned and Staggered))

Just as the lightning clears from the large bank robber, a response comes from the pit. Even with his great speed, Blitz doesn’t see the bullets coming, and they score a painful hit. Still, there seems to be less shooting then would be expected.

((Edit: Blitz is Bruised, Injured, and Stunned))

A giant shape which can only be the large bank robber leaps out of the pit with surprising speed, launching a crushing blow at Colt. Luckily, Colt manages to duck out of the way with incredible speed, and the robbers fist smashes a hole in the floor tile instead.

Jenny selflessly stands between villainy and the innocent, though luckily they seem to be focused more on the other heroes.

Rave clambers out of the pit. The assembled heroes aren’t sure what she’s trying to do, but as she comes to her feet next to the large blur she suddenly becomes more visible.

Matar
2009-10-13, 11:20 AM
[[Just a copy of last time. Pop me in Ini wherever I fit in xD.]]

Wordlessly Cambel creates a box made of bars of color over the baddies that fell into the pit. In the middle of the box is a fan, each blade a different color. The fan spins rapidly, forcing fresh air into the pits.

The logic behind his action is that, while he wants it to be hard to breath in the pits, he doesn't want the people in there to die. The fresh air being forced into the pit should take care of that.

He then begins to push his body to the limit and attempts to trap Rant, Rave, and the last baddies inside of a box of color. Four different boxes, for four different baddies. If possible, he makes Rave's box out of a sound-proof material, as to remove her ultra-sonic mind **** from the battlefield.

Assuming Rave is trapped, and Cambel can take a good look at who's on his side he allows them to pass through what's left of his wall and boxes.

"Oy, you... guys. In case you're curious, you can walk through my walls. Just a heads up."

Create Object(s): Fan inside Box: Create a rotating fan inside a box of bars. The box seals (Or at least is meant to seal) each pit.

Extra Effort: Attempt to capture the left over baddies inside of a box. If possible, make the boxes block out sound. If not, then... don't. Selective: Allows allys to walk though, only if Rave is trapped in the box though.

I am fatigued.

Da Beast
2009-10-13, 12:05 PM
Caliber lays half conscious on the ground, trying to gather up all the little pieces his **** just got busted into.

OOC: well ouch. Hope everyone can get along without me for a few rounds.

Kyace
2009-10-13, 04:21 PM
Spoilering post since I don't think I can delete posts with rolls in it. Blitz should have been stunned this round.

Smarting from the bullets, Blitz ponders just how you dodge something you can't see coming. "When all else fails, go faster," he mumbles. He begins darting through the bank, vaulting over counters, sliding under the dividing ropes and doing cart wheels over Caliber. Once he thinks the villains begin to have trouble following him, he takes the bait and tries to zap Rave.

The running around thing is I guess a stunt based on the Move All Out rules, basically Blitz is trying to move so fast they can't target him easily. I figure he'll manage about a 250MPH as a move action through the bank (About half of his ranks worth or 1/40th his normal move speed). Since 250MPH is a little over Speed 3's Move All Out speed, I'm hopping for a +6 to Defense in exchange for losing most of his Dodge Bonuses to Defense and Toughness.
An Acrobatics roll if you need one:

His Standard action is attacking Rave.
[roll1]
[roll=Miss Chance? She doesn't seem hidden but you can never tell, high good.]1d100

Mangles
2009-10-14, 06:51 PM
Colt draws back his magical fist and surrounding it with dark energies aims a punch at the Giant thugs head.

kpenguin
2009-10-17, 02:54 AM
Seeing an ally gravely wounded, the Sevenfold Fist bounds toward Caliber.

"Care to receive a bit of charity?"

His hands glow a pale white as the Fist presses them to Caliber. His wounds begin to heal.

OOC: Using Charity to heal Caliber. Caliber makes an immediate recovery check with a +6 bonus.

Green Bean
2009-10-17, 06:47 PM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25]
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

Blitz remains on the floor reeling from his injuries. The wounds aren’t serious, but they still hurt.

The Sevenfold Fist lays his hands on Caliber’s wounds, and mere mortal harm proves no match for the secret techniques of The Order of the Seven.

Cambel manages to seal the psychedelic pit with closely-spaced bars of colour. The fan fails to start spinning, but since he has stopped transmuting, air begins to flow back into the box anyway. With great effort, Cambel then attempts to catch Rant, Rave, and the large thug in boxes of their own. Rant and the big thug duck out of the way, but Rave is too slow. While you’re sure the box is soundproof, the distortion keeps going.

((Making your created Objects move would require either the Movable Extra, or an Animate Objects power))

((Colt’s eyes only))
Through Rave’s distortion, you see walls of colour forming around you. Fortunately, you manage to jump clear before they seal shut. As you do, you catch a glimpse of an oddly undistorted Rave. Judging by her position, she must have been standing right on top of you. She remains still as the box seals shut.
Focusing his attention on the large bank robber, Colt lashes out, but his mighty blow goes wide.

Caliber’s wounds might as well have never been inflicted. The mercenary feels as good as new.

Despite Rave’s imprisonment, the haze persists, and Cambel feels something pass over his head. He neither saw it nor heard it, but he has the feeling it would’ve hurt had it hit him.

The large bank robber moves incredibly quickly for his size, and his counterattack is surprisingly accurate. His massive fist slams directly into Colt’s face, and the supersoldier’s world goes dark.

((Colt is now unconscious, though rerolling it with a Hero Point would be an option))

Jenny remains cautious in the face of Rave’s powers, and doesn’t commit herself to the brawl just yet.

kpenguin
2009-10-17, 09:51 PM
Frowning as he watches Colt fall to the ground, the Sevenfold Fist bounds in the direction of the big bankrobber. His fists charge white with the power of JUSTICE.

OOC:
Charging towards the bankrobber to attack with JUSTICE. Not using any feats to move around points, but the charge gives the Fist a +2 on attack and -2 on defense.

kpenguin
2009-10-17, 10:07 PM
Rolling attack:
[roll0]

Matar
2009-10-17, 10:39 PM
Cambel curses under his breath at his failure to end the sound based attack.

"What the hell should I do..."

Cambel then practically slaps his forehead. Why the hell didn't he think about this before? Wordlessly he summons a soundproof box around himself.

Create Object: Soundproof box around self.

Mangles
2009-10-18, 07:00 PM
colt falls to the ground, his breath heavy, his mind slips into darkness

Kyace
2009-10-19, 05:38 PM
Blitz aches all over and isn't happy about it. *groan* "Alright, I'm freaking tired of not being able to see anything clearly..." He shifts and notices the bank's security camera.

Suddenly, the sound of rapid fire gunshots fire out and Blitz starts flickering like an old movie.

Move action to run back and forth between the fight and the office that the monitor that the security cameras feed to. Blitz's move action is 10000 MPH, which translates to about 485 feet in 1/30th of a second, IE, the typical refresh rate of a television, half that if Blitz must travel as if blinded. Hopefully that means Blitz can run to the monitor and see his position on the last frame, use that information to 'see' then run back, get to a new position, then repeat. Blitz will use his Move By Action for his Lightning Blast, using the security camera to hopefully negate the miss chance. He'll aim for the Rave if she isn't really in the box or Mr Big if she is.

[roll=Miss Chance?]1d20 if needed, high good.

Da Beast
2009-10-19, 11:29 PM
"Thanks, friend." Caliber stands on shaky legs, refreshed by The Fist's healing. "Now let's see what we can do about the girl" Caliber rushes across the bank, trying to slam Rave in the forehead and pin her to the ground.

Reflex Memory
4 points, mighty strike 3 (+7 damage, +17 attack)
1 point, improved grapple
1 point, choke hold
1 point, stunning attack

Going to hit Rave with a stunning attack, and if that hits I'm going to try to pin her and apply a chokehold.

[roll1]
[roll+grapple]1d20+19

Green Bean
2009-10-20, 09:29 AM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25] (Unconscious)
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

Blitz kicks into overdrive as he directs himself through the bank’s cameras. Through the security system, he gets a clear look at the bank. Using the camera as a guide, he aims at the large robber again, and hits dead centre. Once again, there’s a purple glow from his hand that disappates the lightning, but it definitely looks weaker now.

Bank View:
The building is certainly worse for wear. A large, colourful lid over a pit in the middle of the floor dominates the scene. Blitz can’t see inside it, except for a hole in the top that seems to have some sort of fan. The lid itself seems worse for wear. The speedster catches a glimpse of movement under the lid. Rant and the large bank robber are the only ones visible up top, and Blitz sees Mr. Big drive his fist into somebody’s head. Rant turns toward the box, as though listening to someone.

The Sevenfold Fist bravely charges forward, striking with the power of justice. As he reaches the big bank robber, he sees the purple glow once again, and as the hero’s fist gets closer, it feels like trying to punch through molassses. Even so, the robber’s defences are no match for a hero’s virtuous power, and the Sevenfold Fist deals a mighty blow. The robber staggers back.

As the soundproof box closes in around Cambel, the bank immediately clears up.

Bank View:
The building is certainly worse for wear. A large, colourful lid over a pit in the middle of the floor dominates the scene. Cambel can’t see inside it from this angel, and the lid itself seems worse for wear. Rant and the large bank robber are the only ones visible up top, and Cambel sees Mr. Big drive his fist into somebody’s head, and another hero driving him back in turn. Rant is turned toward the box, as though listening to someone.

((I’m going to end here for now so I can confirm what Caliber’s going to do))

Da Beast
2009-10-20, 02:08 PM
"Thanks, friend." Caliber stands on shaky legs, refreshed by The Fist's healing. "Now let's see what we can do about the wonder twins" Caliber rushes across the bank, trying to slam Rant in the forehead and pin him to the ground.

Reflex Memory
4 points, mighty strike 3 (+7 damage, +17 attack)
1 point, improved grab
1 point, choke hold
1 point, stunning attack

Stunning attack and grapple, but on Rant this time
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Green Bean
2009-10-20, 09:25 PM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25] (Unconscious)
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

Caliber leaps forward, but Rant is too fast for the supersoldier, easily ducking out of the way.

Rant turns his attention to the lid of the pit, and lets out a silent scream, tearing a gaping hole in the shimmering barrier.

Blitz and Cambel:
You can now see the bottom of the pit. Of the four thugs who were dropped in there, only two remain, but you don’t see any bodies. More surprisingly, you see Rave down there, and she doesn’t look happy.

The thugs, now able to see outside the pit, open fire on the Sevenfold Fist. While his mundane senses are blocked, the power of Prudence warns him to get out of the way just in time.

The large bank robber staggers back, but pushes himself off the wall, propelling himself towards the Sevenfold Fist. Once again, though, the power of Prudence saves the virtuous hero.

((Okay, just need Jenny’s move and we’re set))

The_Snark
2009-10-23, 01:21 AM
Although the general weirdness has not abated, Jenny is starting to feel a little awkward about sitting on the sidelines of the fight. She isn't a full-time hero or anything, but what kind of bulletproof person stands by and lets other people take the gunshots for them? Keeping the bystanders safe is a nice thought, but it doesn't look like anyone is leaving the weirdzone until the fight is over.

Besides, she's been staring at the various shapes the whole time, and by now is fairly certain she's pinpointed the big bank robber with the British accent and the purple glow. He seems like a good place to start.

Jenny leaps into action, heading straight for Mr. Purple. She misjudges the location of the ground midway through her charge, sending her tumbling to the floor, but she manages to turn it into a somersault that almost looks intentional, rising to hit the Brit with a fist to the jaw.

Charge! Using All-out Attack and Power Attack at full; defense is a mere +3 this round. Attack [roll0]; damage +10. Miss chance [roll1]

Green Bean
2009-10-23, 01:12 PM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25] (Unconscious)
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

Jenny charges forward, connecting with the large robber with incredible force despite the distortion. While the heroine feels herself slow down as she draws near, the impact hits cleanly, and the robber staggers back once again.
((Big robber is Bruised, and Stunned))

Jenny’s moment of triumph doesn’t last long, though. Abruptly, the distortion gets worse, and soon it feels like her inner ear is trying to strangle her nervous system. Jenny collapses to the floor and tries not to throw up.
((Jenny is now Helpless))

Kyace
2009-10-23, 03:55 PM
Blitz continues to flicker and pop and he glares at Rave down in the pit and Jenny trying not to be sick then glancing at everyone fighting blind due. "That's enough." He aims a lightning blast at her.

Move Action to continue seeing and standard action to Lightning Blast Rave.
[roll0]

Green Bean
2009-10-23, 03:58 PM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25] (Unconscious)
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

Blitz can't hear himself speak, but Rave apparently can; she throws herself out of the lightning bolt's path at the last second.

Kyace
2009-10-23, 03:59 PM
((OOC, you know what? Hero Point to reroll that attack))
[roll0] (If less than 21, add 10).

Green Bean
2009-10-23, 04:06 PM
Rave sees the lightning bolt coming too late; Blitz scores a direct hit, and the pink blob that looks like Rave flies backwards into a wall. For a moment, the distortion wavers, but it quickly returns to full strength.

((Rave is now Stunned and Staggered from Blitz's attack, and Bruised from impacting the wall))

kpenguin
2009-10-23, 07:09 PM
The Sevenfold Fist smiles and nods in Jenny's direction as she knocks back the big bank robber.

Look back to his foe at hand, he pulls back his fist. Yelling an echoing kia, he makes a mighty punch, his fist glowing with the power of JUSTICE.

OOC: Attacking with JUSTICE. Full power attacking, +5 damage, -5 attack.

[roll0]

kpenguin
2009-10-23, 07:10 PM
OOC:

Well, damn. Hero pointing to re-roll the Fist's attack roll.

[roll0]

Green Bean
2009-10-23, 07:50 PM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25] (Unconscious)
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

The Sevenfold Fist's blow appears to strike sure and true, but the bank robber seems to waver out of the way at the last minute. Fist's fist swipes empty air.

Matar
2009-10-24, 02:08 AM
Cambel takes another drag off his crayon and begins to craft heavy blocks of color over the baddies... including the ones in the pits. To the relief of the bad guys, the blocks are big enough to not fall into the pits, but cover them up again.

The blocks are also sound proof, as Rave is about to find out.

Create Object: Block of sound proof color: Fall onto the pits. The blocks are 10x10. I think. The pits they fell in were five feet, right? Then I want the blocks 10x10. They fall on all the baddies, and seal the pits up that are open.

Mangles
2009-10-24, 05:54 AM
The darkness folds in upon Colt, welcoming and healing from the burning light around him.

Da Beast
2009-10-24, 04:29 PM
Using capoeira learned from countless minutes spent watching youtube, Caliber flips into a handstand and aims several powerful kicks at Rants face and chest.

Reflex Memory
1 point defensive roll (+6 toughness, +13 defense)
4 points, mighty strike 3 (+7 damage, +13 attack)
4 points, 15 ranks of acrobatics (+21), 1 rank of escape artist (+7)
1 point, acrobatic bluff

Using acrobatic bluff to feint as a move action (acrobatics or sense motive to resist) and then attacking Rant.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Green Bean
2009-10-28, 08:45 AM
((Initiative:
Blitz [49]
The Sevenfold Fist [25]
C. Lour [25]
Colt [25]
Calibre [22]
Rant [22]
Thugs [14]
Large Bank Robber [12]
Jenny Ragdoll [10]
Rave [8]))

The giant block of colour forms over the pit, sealing off Rave and the two thugs from the rest of the bank. The distortion mercifully clears for the first time, though the bank is still in colourful chaos.

Colt quickly awakens from unconsciousness, dark magic giving him fuel.

Rant cannot evade Calibre’s swift attack, but manages to redirect it to a non-vital area.

((Rant is now Bruised))

Ignoring Calibre, Rant focuses his attention on the ground. He shouts at an angle, blasting a hole in the pit; not at the lid, but at the surrounding floor. As the smoke clears, the distortion returns…

Figures emerge from the newly created tunnel, and Calibre feels a bullet impact his shoulder, knocking him to the ground.
((Calibre is now Stunned, Bruised, and Injured))

((Right, we just need Jenny to finish this round))

The_Snark
2009-10-28, 01:09 PM
Yes!

The blurring goes away for a second, and Jenny takes a step forward to hit the big man's now blessedly clear outline! And as she does, the mess returns.

Attacking with All-out Attack and Power Attack on full once again. [roll0], damage +10, accursed miss chance [roll1]