PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Envoy question and a gensai question

Godna
2009-10-02, 06:52 PM
I've never made a character that has had a familiar, psicrystal, or an elemental steward before ,but i remember reading that both psicrystals and familiars gain additional Hit Dice (and feats?) as the spellcaster / Manifester levels up does the same hold true to the elemental steward or what?

And if and they do gain feats what would be some good feats for a elemental steward (geodite) to have be?

Darcand
2009-10-02, 07:02 PM
To add to this question, where can I find a good set of stats, or template for making genasi.

Godna
2009-10-02, 07:04 PM
Im tempted to change the thread title to include your questionj

Yuki Akuma
2009-10-02, 07:13 PM
Elemental stewards have half as much HP as their master, or their normal total, whichever is higher. And they are treated as having as many HD as their master for the purposes of spells and such.

They're not 'real' HD. They don't gain extra skill points or feats.

Remember: the animal companion text specifically states that an AC does gain skills and feats as it gains HD - the description for familiars and psicrystals doesn't, so therefore you should assume that they don't.

Kyeudo
2009-10-02, 07:33 PM
Actually, Elementals Stewards, RAW, never gain more hp or hit dice. They are broken at 1st level, decent at 2nd and 3rd, and start to suck from there on out.

A common house rule is the whole "gain HD and have 1/2 their master's hp" but that isn't the RAW on the subject, as Complete Psionic is the worst edited book by WotC in a long time.

tyckspoon
2009-10-02, 07:47 PM
Remember: the animal companion text specifically states that an AC does gain skills and feats as it gains HD - the description for familiars and psicrystals doesn't, so therefore you should assume that they don't.

It doesn't need to specifically say it; feats, skill points, and attribute bumps when appropriate are an inherent part of gaining HD, just as much as getting more HP is. Abilities that grant or fake HD have to specifically say you don't get that stuff- for example, Psicrystals have their HP set to 1/2 their masters, so it doesn't matter how many HD they have for purposes of HP. Similarly, a psicrystal's skills are the same as the masters, although they would otherwise qualify to gain skills on their own (as an Int 6 Construct they wouldn't be able to do much with them, but they'd get them.) Psicrystals do get to pick feats, since they get proper HD- it's one of the bigger differences between a familiar and a psicrystal.

Godna
2009-10-02, 08:34 PM
thanks for info ,but is anyone going to help the thread jacker?

Darcand
2009-10-02, 08:38 PM
No worries, I grabbed my manual of the planes and slapped the elemental creature template on a human

Godna
2009-10-02, 08:39 PM
alright cool

Kylarra
2009-10-02, 09:03 PM
To add to this question, where can I find a good set of stats, or template for making genasi.Genasi stats are in the FRCS.