PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven prejudice towards dryads

Alex Warlorn
2009-10-02, 11:33 PM
I know that it's become a running gag almost how our cleric has gotten the least character development out of the group in the main comic: but I can help but think that he should run into some dryad just so his team mates could get some motivation to make him put his prejudice in perspective.

Not to mention likely similar dislike toward Trents simply for the crime of -being trees-!

How did he manage to get a wink of sleep while they were traveling through the forest if he felt he was surrounded by a hated enemy that his teammates clearly did not take the threat seriously?

In reality I know most trees don't care one way or the other what he thinks of them, but the ones that do I think he owes an apology towards for his prejudice.

Dryad, "Hello fellow creatures of Good."

"TREE! ATTACK!!!"

Trent, "Hello fellow creatures of Good."

"TREE! ATTACK!!!"

Ozymandias9
2009-10-03, 12:17 AM
Depending on how they're flavored visually, they might look very much like humans (cf. 3.0 MM). And if you do flavor them as human looking, clearly the dwarf would assume, from a brief description of the MM entry, that the dryads are the down trodden slaves of the tree villains. The 300 yard rule is, after all, easily understood as magical bondage to a dwarf with little prior Knowledge (nature) or Knowledge (fey). If the dwarf has notable Heal or Knowledge (psychology), they might even recognize their affinity to their tree overlords as a race-wide version of Stockholm Syndrome.

Clearly, the poor dryads are worthy of pity and aid, and not the righteous hatred that is due their leafy masters.

factotum
2009-10-03, 04:10 AM
Depending on how they're flavored visually, they might look very much like humans (cf. 3.0 MM).

We've actually seen a Dryad in OotS--check strip #269. OK, the shot was from the rear quarter, but what we could see definitely looked fairly human!

waterpenguin43
2009-10-03, 10:01 PM
Depending on how they're flavored visually, they might look very much like humans.

Clearly, the poor dryads are worthy of pity and aid, and not the righteous hatred that is due their leafy masters.

She's wit' te' enemy, can' ye see that? ATTACK!!!!!