PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A Vampire villain for a level 4-5 party

Bulwer
2009-10-03, 12:06 PM
I've got a little arc set up, more or less accidentally, and my players have met a vampire spawn and failed to kill it already.

I need something killable that's a magic-user, ideally one that might consider summoning a demon in times of desperation.

Ideas?

MCerberus
2009-10-03, 12:12 PM
I'd go the "non-combat win" route. How many vampire stories do you know of where the heroes went in and punched vampires until treasure dropped to the floor? The group is going into a situation that force of arms isn't going to be enough alone.

Are there any potential allies or enemies of the PCs enemy?
Is there a possibility of the PCs engaging him during daytime? (You pose no threat, AAAAG it was a trap! *immolation*)
Maybe the group can try and hunt down the BBEG's lair and do an old-fashioned stake out.

Adumbration
2009-10-03, 12:23 PM
Maybe the group can try and hunt down the BBEG's lair and do an old-fashioned stake out.

I see what you did there.

Bulwer
2009-10-03, 12:35 PM
I'd go the "non-combat win" route. How many vampire stories do you know of where the heroes went in and punched vampires until treasure dropped to the floor? The group is going into a situation that force of arms isn't going to be enough alone.

Are there any potential allies or enemies of the PCs enemy?
Is there a possibility of the PCs engaging him during daytime? (You pose no threat, AAAAG it was a trap! *immolation*)

We're dungeon-delving: it's always night. If they beat this fiendish centipede, they'll get some tactical advantage, though.

Jack_Simth
2009-10-03, 12:35 PM
I've got a little arc set up, more or less accidentally, and my players have met a vampire spawn and failed to kill it already.

I need something killable that's a magic-user, ideally one that might consider summoning a demon in times of desperation.

Ideas?

Four levels of Sorcerer, Cleric, or Wizard on the Vampire Spawn would fit that just fine.