PDA

View Full Version : Total War: 1940 (IC)

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-03, 12:14 PM
The date is July 1st, 1940 and the world is at war. A war of proportions destined to dwarf even the Great War.

In Europe, the ink on the Second Armistice at Compiengne is still wet, France's defeat only nine days old.

Great Britain begins preparing defenses for what is seen as the inevitable German invasion. Citizens are be drilled and bunkers reinforced for the inevitable bombings. Women and children evacuate the major cities fleeing for the relative safety of the country.

The Finland the army prepares for continued hostilities against Soviets, and wonder if what price the German support will cost them.

Support that is stressing ties established between Germany and the USSR by Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact. Hilter has to confront growing pressure to pursue a war against the untermensch, from party hardliners.

In Turkey Tagon and his Toughs sit back and wait. With the mounting world tensions, it's only a matter of time before the Toughs get an offer.

In Asia, Imperial Japanese forces continue to march. The Chinese continue to resist the Imperials, supported by Russian and American aid. In Mongolia there are rumors of a mad German Mystic returned from the dead to overthrow the Soviet backed government and make the land safe for Buddhists once more.

In the US, men and women prepare for another 4th of July celebration. In the White House FDR, is reconsidering his devotion to isolation, Britain must not fall. All ready the American military is expanding and there is talk about instituting the first peacetime draft in history. American involvement in the war is far from assured, there are many isolationists and even German sympathizers in the nation, The American Eugenic Society lead by Lindbergh is the most prominent of these groups.

The Pact continues to recruit more members to confront the machinations of Nazi Germany. At the same time, members leave the group, heading to their home countries to assist resistance groups. As predicted a rival group is rising in Nazi Germany, the Riechguard. The group already contains such prominent figures as Ubermensch, Virtuoso, Rising Sun, and Eastern Block.

Elsewhere around the world, secret societies move in the shadows, pursuing their own goals and objectives.

PCs in no particular order

Nazi Germany- Handsome Dan
FO- +
Moral- ++++
Technology- +++
Economy- ++++
Military- +++++
Espionage- ++++
Occult- ++

The Pact- Greystone
FO- +++ (made of both Hero and Villians)
Moral- ++++
Technology- ++++
Economy- ++
Military- ++
Espionage- ++++
Occult-+++

USA-Kiren
FO-++++
Moral-+++
Technology-+++
Economy-++++
Espionage-+++
Military-+++
Occult-+

USSR- Dersess
FO- ++
Moral- ++++
Technology- +++
Economy- +++ (increased spending)
Military- +++++
Espionage- +++
Occult-0 (No room in Soviet Ideology for 'superstition')

Finland-Murska
FO- +++
Moral- +++
Technology- +++
Economy- +++
Military- ++
Espionage- +++
Occult- ++

Great Brittan-Night Surgeon
FO- ++++
Moral- +++
Technology- +++
Economy- ++++
Military- ++++
Espionage- +++
Occult- +++

Tagon's Toughs- The JJ
FO- ++++
Moral- ++++
Technology- +++
Economy- +++++
Military- +++
Espionage- +
Occult- +

The Kingdom of Italy- LongVin
FO- ++
Moral- +++
Technology- +++
Economy- +++
Military- +++
Espionage- ++
Occult- ++

Reichguard
FO- +
Moral- ++++
Technology- ++++
Economy- ++
Military- ++
Espionage- ++++
Occult-+++

Kingdom of Denmark (Excludes stats for Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe islands)
FO- +++
Moral- +++
Technology- ++
Economy- +++
Military- +
Espionage- +++
Occult-++

Order of the Dragon-Falconer
Espionage 4 to see

FO- 0- (++++ among the Slavs)
Moral- ++++
Technology- ++
Economy- ++
Military- ++
Espionage- +++++
Occult- ++

Espionage 2 to see

Sternberg's Mongolia-Puppy Avenger
Espionage 3 to see
FO- 0 (Secret Ogranization)
Moral- ++++
Technology- ++
Economy- + (At the moment, subsistence in the Gobi)
Military- ++
Espionage- +++
Occult-++++

Thule Society-Freshmeat
Espionage 3 to see
FO- 0 (Officially Doesn't Exist)
Moral- +++
Technology- ++++
Economy-+ (Mostly dependent on German government funding)
Military-+
Espionage- ++++
Occult- ++++

Espionage 3 to see

Voice of the Ancestors- Armin
Espionage 4 to see
FO- 0
Moral- ++++
Technology- ++
Economy- ++
Military- +
Espionage- +++++
Occult- ++++

If you have any questions ask me in the OOC thread or send a PM.

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-03, 12:17 PM
NPC Factions (I'll add more if/when they come up.)

American Eugenic Society
FO- ++
Moral- +++
Technology- +++
Economy- ++
Military- 0 (Nonviolent Society)
Espionage- ++
Occult- 0
The American Eugenic Society is a group of like minded intellectuals and scientists in the United States. They believe in the core principles of Eugenics and support eugenic legislation throughout the US. They have successfully passed a number of sterilization laws in many states.

While the Society has no official stance on the war or ties with Germany but, many the Societies members are isolationists and Nazi sympathizers.

It's most prominent spokesman is Charles Lindbergh.

Mongolian People's Republic
FO- +++
Moral- ++
Technology- ++
Economy- ++
Military- ++
Espionage- ++
Occult-+

Imperial Japan
FO- ++
Moral- +++
Technology- +++
Economy- ++++
Military- +++++
Espionage- +++
Occult-++

Sweden
FO- +++
Moral- +++
Technology- ++
Economy- +++
Military- +
Espionage- ++
Occult-++

Republic of China
FO- +++
Moral- ++
Technology- ++
Economy- ++
Military- +++
Espionage- ++
Occult-++

Vatican
FO- +++++
Moral- +++
Technology- ++
Economy- ++
Military- + (Only the Swiss Guard)
Espionage- ++++ (Despite not having a spy network, parish priests hear things)
Occult-+++++ (In possession of Christendom's most holy relics and artifacts)
The Vatican has remained neutral since the Lateran Treaty of 1929. Refusing to condemn either side of the conflict. And pending some unforeseen event is likely to remain so.

Greece
FO- +++
Moral- +++
Technology- +++
Economy- +++
Military- ++
Espionage- ++
Occult-++

Spain
FO- ++
Moral-+++
Technology-++
Economy- +++
Military- +++
Espionage-++
Occult-+

Falconer
2009-10-03, 12:35 PM
I guess I'll play my hand first...

The Order of the Dragon-RADIO

This is The Voice of Dracul, broadcasting for the union and freedom of the Slavic people. Today we are in for quite a treat: our great leader, Grandmaster Mikhail Dragomir, addresses the nations of Europe this day.

Comrades! Brothers of Europe! We of the Dragon Society have a widely-known interest in the welfare of the Slavic peoples; we have inherited this noble task from Russia, once the champion of our way of life, who now labors under the yoke of Communism. This, while we find it a great sin, can be forgiven. What we cannot yet forgive, however, is how the tyrant of that nation, Josef Stalin, strives not for the worker's rights but instead for territory, plunder, and power. I hardly need to provide examples; his invasion of Poland, as well as his ill-fated expedition into Finland, which he hungers for yet. And there are other sinners, as well: Adolf Hitler, Fuehrer of Germany, who assisted the Soviets in their crime and also now dwell in what is rightfully Poland. And lastly, the Italians, under Il Duce, Benito Mussolini, who thinks that he can occupy our very homeland, and go unpunished.

I am hopeful that these three, despite their grievous fault of warmongering, can prove to be men of reason. As such, these are our demands:

The Soviet Union is, now and forever, to relinquish its claims upon the nation of Finland. Furthermore, their soldiers are to withdraw from the territory they have occupied in Poland, and relinquish all their claims upon it, also now and forever. We ask this for the Slavic people, and for whatever hint of the old Russia remains undamaged. You have three months.

As for Germany, they are to cease with their imperial ambitions in Poland, and withdraw their soldiers, who I am certain could be put to far better use elsewhere. They, like the aforementioned Soviets, are to relinquish all claims they have upon the Polish nation, in perpetuality. You, Herr Hitler, also have three months.

And lastly, Italy, led by Benito Mussolini. The man that seeks to resurrect the Roman Empire, has started with Albania, and looks to Greece. As I have informed your comrades, the Slavic peoples have a right to self-governance, and we shall not be persuaded otherwise. Just as your allies, you have three months to withdraw from Albania, and relinquish all claims you have to Greece. The Greeks, while not a Slavic people, are considered to be under the protection of the Order of the Dragon due to their proximity, and thus any attack on them shall be considered an attack upon ourselves, and will be responded to appropriately.

Please understand that we do not wish for the destruction of any of your nations; what we wish is for a sovereign, united Slavic state in Europe, nothing more and nothing less. Your peoples have their voices. Allow us ours.

Should any of the addressed nations or persons wish to contact our noble Society, they are to make a radio broadcast. Trust me, we will hear it.

This has been the Voice of Dracul, a broadcast of the Dragon Society, soldiers of the people. Long live the Slavic Nation!

The_JJ
2009-10-03, 01:14 PM
Tagon tuned into the message and laughed.

He's going to find himself trying to keep three ultimatums at once.

Dersess
2009-10-03, 01:30 PM
USSR

"I'm not happy, Vyacheslav. Do you know why?"

Joseph Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union and its First Citizen, sits patiently at his desk while his foreign minister nervously shifts in his own seat in front of Stalin.

"We're already working to contain the message, sir. Few people have actually heard it, and those that have have been warned to keep silence."

"Then you do not know why I am unhappy. I am unhappy because a bunch of upstarts in some backwards region of Europe think that they can stand to oppose me. Hitler has that right. The Americans, maybe. The British even.

But they...this Dracul...does not. He hasn't earned that right. I want him found. I don't want him killed; I want him and his followers broken. Do you understand? I want them found, I want them beaten within an inch of their life, and I want them to beg for mercy. Then, I might think about killing them. Do you understand me?"

"Understood, sir. I'll get the men on it right away."

GM Only-Plans, actions, for nowFor now, the NKVD, the Soviet Secret Police, will be keeping a sharp eye out for anything that may be associated with the Order. Outright, brutal action won't be taken just yet, but some lower-level initiates may be brought in for "questioning."

Greystone
2009-10-03, 01:49 PM
The Pact HQ, Philadelphia

Dr. Genome rattled his fingers on the top of the table and sighed. While the preliminary outlook had looked good there wasn't enough organization in this group. With memebers just up and leaving to aid in various resistences there was little sense of coherency.

"I believe that we must get solid intel on this group in the Axis fields, this Riechguard" Lucius Hench was saying. Dr. Genome looked at him in mild distaste- the man was intelligent, cunning, and politically savvy... but he was also about as trustworthy as a snake.

That said, his erstwhile nemisis, Agent Grey, nodded her head. While Hench was darkskinned with oiled black hair, Grey was a powerful looking blond haired woman. Her voice was quiet due to a cut along her neck.

"I agree, they could prove to be a real threat"

"Agent Grey, Mr. Hench while I understand your concern, I believe we have more pressing issues" While Grey was sleek and Lucius charismatic, Genome was a wirey man of only 5'6 "The lack of coherency in our group is causing a problem that could lead to a disbanding of our little band"

"Explain" Grey cut in, tone and eyes sharp.

"Well, a group needs a solid base, but that base keeps traveling to foreign countries. While I of all people understand that we need to help, we need to do it in a more organized manner"

"Do you have any suggestions?" Lucius raised an eyebrow

"Actually yes" the doctor pushes up his glasses "Let us form the Supers into strike teams, so as they are never alone and that we have a better chance of keeping in contact with them"
"Agreed" Hench nods

Grey heisitates, then smiles sheepishly "You have my vote doctor"

Freshmeat
2009-10-03, 03:40 PM
The Thule Society, Paris

Heinrich Hartmann turned the radio off when the Dragon Order's broadcast had ended. He put down his copy of the Book of the Law and pondered for a moment what the implications of this triple-ultimatum were. Didn't Andrea Meyer predict about two days ago that a major faction would suddenly reveal itself on the European battlefield today? Turns out she was right, although Heinrich had somehow already suspected that the Slavs would make their move soon. He didn’t like the fact that the Draconic signal was apparently strong enough to reach even Paris, possibly rekindling French morale, but he felt confident that the SS would deal with any insurgents soon enough.

Heinrich decided it would be best to call Jürgen in Berlin, now that Conrad Wolf, his direct superior, was overseeing excavations near Cairo and wouldn't receive word of the Slavic message for at least an hour. Jürgen could be trusted and would know what to do. While the Thule Society had little interest in politics, and the decision whether to heed or ignore the Slavs’ ultimatum laid squarely with der Führer and Il Duce, it wouldn’t take long before either of them would start asking questions about this ‘Dragomir’ and his group.

He dialed Jürgen at German Command and waited a few moments until he heard a response at the other side.

“Jürgen?”
“Ja? Herr Hartmann, have you heard th-”
“I have." Heinrich interrupted matter-of-factly. "I think it's about time we shared the files on the Order of the Dragon.“

@ Nazi Germany and Italy:
Feel free to read all faction stats in the opening post that the Thule Society can read based on its espionage skill (which, it seems, includes all other factions in the game). Assume that this is information the Society has no qualms about sharing. Until a decision is made concerning the Slavs, the Thules have no intention of making any sort of move towards them.

On an unrelated note, the Thule Society is willing to devote a certain amount of manpower to any occupied territory to help root out partisans and resistance fighters with the aid of paragnosis.

As far as the Vatican is concerned, they would advise caution. While the Thule Society is extremely interested in getting their hands on Vatican artifacts, public outcry at armed action against the leader of Catholicism might be alarmingly high. That said, the Thule Society ultimately has little regard for outdated religions and could care less about the Vatican itself.

Falconer
2009-10-03, 04:55 PM
Tagon's Toughs

You, like so many others in Europe, have no doubt heard our broadcast. We are freedom fighters, against oppression and tyranny.

But like any army, we need weapons and supplies for our partisans and agents. We need an ally who can help us in our operations. And, I hate to say it, we need a safe place to hide in the event of our crusade going south. You, being so advantageously located, perhaps could assist us? We are more than willing to negotiate a price. Perhaps an exchange of services?

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-03, 05:28 PM
Four figures stand on a platform above an auitorium full of people. One of the figures is distictly German infact he is the perfect embodiement of the Arian race (Ubermensch). Another of the figures is wearing classical italian clothing he is easily seen as Italian (Virtuoso). The third is a small oriental man dressed in full ninja garb he is spinning a small flame in his fingers (Rising Sun). The fourth is a huge giant of a man his face is covered by a hood and his skin can't be seen (Eastern Block). Ubermensch steps forward to the podium with a large gental smile across his face.

Brothers and sisters of the Axis. You have been carefully selected to undergo special changes some of you already have... unique abilities but to the others we will give you unseen power. You have been chosen to become a member of The Reichguard! We will stamp out the Allied scum and their Pact. We will show them the power of the Axis!" says Ubermensch.

The audoitorium erupts in cheers and howls. As Ubermensch smiles deviously and turns from the podium. Ubermensch says queitly to Rising Sun, "See those who don't have powers to the labs. Have the scientists assess the people and assess what we need as far as powers go." The Rising Sun nods and bows walking off to complete the task.

The Eastern Block says, "I don't agree with this mutant making buisness. Expecially since the process only works sixty percent of the time and the other fourty killing the patient."

Ubermensch responds "Ahhh but you fail to see the genius in this my powerful friend. We are making our pawns and setting our numbers. We will need it for the upcoming mission." The Eastern Block grunts a bit while Virtuoso laughs.

"That Scientist won't know whats coming. He thinks he has escaped the Reich but we will find him." says Virtuoso.

Ubermensch laughs maniacally, "We will capture him or eliminate him, whichever can be obtained."

@ To the GM
The Reichguard are making mutants in the labs currently their main emphasis is on Stealth based mutants but with some support and power mutants thrown in there. They are also forming up covert splinter cell squads and are putting reconnaissance into finding Albert Einstein."

The_JJ
2009-10-03, 06:39 PM
Dragon.
Okay Dracul, meet us in Istanbul. The coffee shop three blocks west of the Hagia Sophia.

Falconer
2009-10-03, 08:33 PM
Tagon's Toughs

Very well. We'll be there.

Arbitrarily later...

A Dragon agent, only revealed as such because of a small dragon pin on his coat, greets whatever representative Tagon's Tough's send.

puppyavenger
2009-10-03, 10:05 PM
Baochang, Inner Mongolia

It had been a short but bloody battle, which is to say a massacre. The ghostly warriors lead by Bogd Khan in an imitation Genghis costume had destroyed the few heavy guns that the local administrative center could muster, allowing Sternbergs thugs and madmen to easily crush the hastily-gathered militia.

Now following a general looting and the destruction of much of the town in a post battle rage, Sternberg addressed the populace.

People of Mongolia! You Have Been freed! No longer Shall the Chinese lord over our Great People! Our armies shall stride across the world like in times of old! the turkmen shall flock to our banner as they did that of Genghis! The foolish Chinese shall see their cities burnt to make way for pasture-land!

But First you must repent! for hundreds of years you have forsaken your loyalty to the Glorious Mongol empire to bow meekly as orders from Beijing! This cannot simply be forgotten!

As reparations to the state, one in every 20 citizens will be executed. As back-taxes, all property is only yours at the whim of the Khan, who may seize it at any point. To show your patriotism and loyalty, every able-bodied man in this city shall enlist in the Glorious Mongol Horde! you may be called upon at any point.

At this point Sternberg left the stage to go get drunk, and the shooting began.

The Next Day

Bogd Khan, Khan of all Mongols and lord of Asia, had spent the night taking down all of Sternberg's drunken missives, translated them, and made them polite enough ot avoid declarations of war.

to Japan (more specifically the Japanese General in Manchuria Greetings. I am Bogd Khan, true Khan of Mongolia, and currently lord of the Gobi and a few hamlets in China. we're interested in an alliance of sorts. we'll tie down any and all Chinese forces in the North, and administer the northern inland steppe's in exchange for peace and some arms shipments. how's that sound?

to various cities in inner Mongolia Mongolian unification is nigh! join us peacefully and your past crimes against the Mongol state shall be forgiven, and no punishments exacted upon you. Resist and you will be made a nexample of

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-04, 01:43 AM
To Bogd Khan from General Yoshijirō Umezu of The Kwantung Army

You must understand our reservations about dealing with a, man in your situation. The Kwantung Army has been ordered to increase pressure on bandits within the Empire of Manchukuo. I'm afraid that we wont be able to have any formal dealings until the "Mongol Empire" until you're organization gains more credibility.

That being said, I'm in the possession of several thousand outdated Type 30 rifles. They are to be scrapped to provide materials for the war effort. I think they could be arranged to come into your possession if you can provide money or goods equal to their scrap value.

Unofficially,

Yoshijiro.

Kiren
2009-10-04, 01:51 AM
The United States of America

President Franklin D. Roosevelt meets with his advisers, the topic being the overseas war, and the part of the U.S. in it.

"Please reconsider Mr.President, its becoming increasingly difficult to remain neutral in this war, France has fallen to the Axis powers and the British are threatened, we must prepare for conflict!",
exclaimed a presidential adviser.

The president rose.
"It is agreed that Britain can not fall as well, but a peacetime draft will worry the public, America has been rearmed since the great war and is and will continue to prepare for war when or should it become necessary."

Another adviser rose to speak.

"Mr. President, what off the axis supporters"

" It cannot be helped, they are allowed their opinion, if they become violent they will be dealt with."

Actions *GM only*
I want to begin the planning phase the Teslafication of the U.S., primarily, contacting Nikolai Tesla to oversee and lead the development.

Murska
2009-10-04, 08:52 AM
The Republic of Finland

The leadership of Finland listens to the radio message quietly.

Ryti is the first to straighten up and speak. "Three ultimatums? This is most likely just another madman... Fits the times."

One of the men around the table responded. "Maybe, but at least this one seems to be on our side, for a change."

"I doubt that will help. Let's just hope it doesn't provoke Stalin into doing anything rash. How's the RTR doing?"

One of the people in civilian clothing on the side of the room stepped closer."They're doing all they can, sir."

"Good. I want any results top secret and on my table as soon as they get something out of it."

GM only
The secret finnish radio reconnaissance department is working on the signal to find out as much as possible about it.

Handsome Dan
2009-10-04, 12:10 PM
The Third Reich

Hitler looks up from his campaign planning table. Already the iron fist of Nazi Germany has spread across Europe to the West to the edge of France. And as far East as Poland.

"Bah, why must we share that Jew-infested land of Poland with those Communist pigs?!"

A voice from the shadows replies and all turn towards where it originates from and listen, even Hitler,

"But mein Furher there is no need, first we help the Russians in the Arctic, they in turn leave us be because they can concentrate their forces against the slavic nations and other areas around the Black Sea."

"Fine, but I want you to have the rest of North Africa by Christmas, and an invasion of England ready for then.

Rommel! I need you to take command of North Africa, you and you alone are in charge there and will answer to me alone!"

"Jah mein Fuhrer" replies a well built tall man with a shock of blonde Aryan hair and piercing blue eyes."

"Now then, what else do we need to sort out?

Oh yes, that preposterous message from those Dragon idiots.

Goebells? Set your SS on it, we will not bow to any nation, let alone a little pig sized idiot nations run by a madman. Also, confer with the USSR, Stalin may become more appreciative of us after that."

"Mein Furher, there are some reports of American and British ships in the Arctic circle, what should we do about it?"

"Well Goebells, how about we test the new U-boats out? Enigma has been perfected so I see no reason to delay."

"Now what information do we have on the Reichguards newest members and plans? If they have nothing planned, I have a special task for them, Rommel take these orders and take this sealed envelope with you, it will inform you of what to do."

"Finally, Britains only defence against us at the moment is in the sea, I want it mined therefore, and get the Bismark out and causing some serious damage.

The rest of you have your orders, see to it, and get it done."

To the Thule society:

You recieve an encrypted message with Rommel's own signature on it, from an unknown courier. It reads as such:
"We have Egypt completely in our grasp. If you wish to investiage the pyramids, and any other artifacts such as the lighthouse of Alexandria and the Sphinx, we will fund it, if you help us root out any remaining rebels and partisans across France."

To the USSR :

Greetings Herr Stalin. We have reports of enemy ships in the Arctic circle, we are willing to help you with our U-boats, if you so wish. I would like to at least keep us cordial, if not even invite you into the Axis powers formerly."

To the Dragon :

Take back your ultimatum, or die.

To the American Eugenic Society:

If you can find your way to Nazi Germany, we are willing to support your endeavours, or if you wish to stay in America, we are to be sure to be able to find you funding from somewhere

To The Reichguard

Greetings, we wish to know if you would like to test out any new people and their abilities. If so we have a task for you

To Finland:

We both have our sights set on Sweden, do not bother to deny it, i'm sure we may be able to come to some form of compromise?

To the GM ONLY!

I wish to have the sea from Jutland point down mined, enclosing the German U-Boat shipyards. As well as this I want The Bismark (The biggest most powerful fastest and most well armoured battleship of the time) with an escort of 4 cruisers 7 destroyers and 2 other battleships out just off the Swedish coast.

Even unknown to the ship commanders, I want 12 U-boats with them

I want all shipyards to concentrate on U-Boats for now, ships will suffice. The Lufftwafe is moving I wish to have

45 % in France
30 % in Egypt
25 % left to defence the Father land.

I also want to start confiscating any and all French ships in port, ready to use as transport across the channel.

Instead of bombing the British civillian population, I want to start 500 bomber raids across RAF fields and Royal Navy shipyards.

As well as this I want the SS concentrating on rooting out Dragon's anywhere and everywhere and killing them silently.

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-04, 12:15 PM
The Reichguard

@ To Nazi Germany
Of course mein Fuhrer. We are servents of the Reich. What do you need of us?

Handsome Dan
2009-10-04, 12:26 PM
To The Reichguard:

We have need of you in Africa. Yes not, Europe.

The Allies expect us to assault Britain immediately, but instead we will take Africa first, cutting them out of the Fast East completely.

Rommel knows what to do, but we want you to work with him there, and we plan on setting a trap for the Allies.

You know of Michael Wittmann? We have recently just given him the Iron Cross, for destroying a full brigade of French tanks single handedly. The Allies would love to get their hands on him, so he is with Rommel now, we plan on blowing the tracks off his tank after a battle, and then as the Allies crawl in for a kill, with their best men, we want your men to strike, and destroy them all.

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-04, 12:35 PM
The Reichguard

@ To Nazi Germany
It shall be done mein Fuhrer. I will send The Eastern Block and a crack squad of our power mutants.

@ To the GM Only
Sending The Eastern Block to Africa (with Rommel for Nazi Germany's plan) along with a crack squad of power mutants (about 15 of them). The Power mutants are mutants that are physically powerful such as The Thing, Juggernaut, and so on. Along with this squad I will send a speed mutant that has speed that above a normal human kinda like The Flash butr probly queit a bit slower than The Flash.

Murska
2009-10-04, 12:41 PM
Finland

To The Third Reich:
I'm afraid we're forced to concentrate on the threat from the USSR, though we haven't forgotten how the Swedes didn't help us in the Winter War. But since you do need the metals from their mines, I see where you're coming from here. What are your intentions?

Freshmeat
2009-10-04, 01:48 PM
The Thule Society, Cairo

Conrad Wolf read the message again and nodded almost imperceptibly. Everything was proceeding as planned.

He quickly jotted down a reply and passed it along to his personal encryptor. Carrying out the Führer's wishes was next on the agenda, so Conrad began typing out a communique to Frederick Von Eisenhardt, a prominent member of the Thule Society and easily one the NSDAP's most fanatic devotees. While the task Conrad had in mind for Eisenhardt wasn't the most interesting one, he felt confident that Von Eisenhardt would carry it out with relish...

To Nazi Germany:
Consider it done, Herr Rommel. I have followed your every action closely ever since you set foot on African soil and I must say I'm impressed with your handiwork. Thanks to you, the goals of the Thule Society will be that much easier to accomplish. We will not forget this.

Sincerely yours,
Conrad Wolf

Actions / GM Only:
Using occult practices (divination, speaking to the dead, etc.) the Thule Society is making efforts to rid France of all partisans. Any resistance fighters who are caught will be tortured for more information. The Thule Society will work closely with the Gestapo on this project.

Throughout the next couple of weeks, various items will be transported to Egypt discreetly so that the Thule Society can start violating Egypt's wonders, culture, history and ancient artifacts as soon as possible. For science.

Falconer
2009-10-04, 02:15 PM
The Order of the Dragon Radio-The Voice of Dracul

Brothers and Sisters of Europe, I bring disappointing news. It seems Herr Hitler has told us, in his own words, to "Take back the ultimatum or die."

We understand, Adolf. If you backed down, it would make you seem weak. Bowing down to the demands of a radio broadcast? Preposterous! We're just voices coming from a box!

But I encourage you to see reason, Herr Hitler. We both know that we're not really just a voice in a box. We are something that simply cannot be destroyed. Because we are not men, Adolf. We are an idea. A thought in someone's head. A feeling. And thoughts, feelings? These are some of the most powerful things in existence. You should know that better than anyone, it's those things that got you into your office. But I digress.

We don't want to fight Germany. Indeed, should our goal of a Slavic State be achieved, we'll be neighbors, and it's always good to be friendly with your neighbors. Pull out of Poland. grant them their freedom, and encourage the Soviets to do the same.

It's not too late. Show the world how great your New Germany is.

This has been the Voice of Dracul, a broadcast of the Order of the Dragon. Long live the Slavic Nation!

U.S.A.

There's probably been word of our organization that's reached your shores in the New World. We, like your people did so many years ago, are fighting for our freedom and independence. Perhaps we can work out a deal? All discreetly, of course.

Great Britain

We of the Dragon Society feel that you, the British, are our natural allies in our quest, if only because we both oppose Germany. While we feel that inclusion in your grand Alliance would be a bit premature, perhaps we can work out a way to help each other. Discreetly, of course.

ArlEammon
2009-10-04, 02:21 PM
VOTA/USA Only

Voice of the Ancestors: Franklin Roosevelt receives a mysterious phone call. It appears that there are foreigners on the other line calling themselves "Heralds". The phone call is made in understandable English, with a Japanese accent. "Mr. President, we have called you in an important order to gain your trust. We are warriors from the East seeking to establish relationships with you and the West despite our Empire's appalling actions. We follow the Voice of the Ancestors, which tell us to befriend you. We will be upfront, Mr. President, we need funding, in return we will provide you with our techniques which will prove useful to you in the future. Do not worry about this call being overheard, we have measures to insure it will not be.

Greystone
2009-10-04, 02:33 PM
To ALL 'Allies'
Hello, leaders of the world.

We of the Pact are willing to aid your cause against the terror of the Axis powers. What we ask for is funding and support, and if we get it we can promise to help you. We promise to donate research, trainers, and those who can be a help in combat.

We need to stand against this evil togethor.

The Council

The_JJ
2009-10-04, 03:00 PM
The Pact:

Might I recomend talking to Draconis about finacial aid.

Gamerofthegame
2009-10-04, 03:06 PM
The Kingdom of Denmark

Copenhagen

The King sighed wistfully to himself as he was settled on his horse, trodding through the streets of the city. These steps were echoed, though, by other horses - His wife, Alexandrine, as well as the Royal Life Guards that accompanied him, though it was more ceremonial then necessary guard.

While the people of the country didn't particularly like him - He had, after all, tried to retain his god given right to be King and thus the true leader, not to parliament - they didn't outright protest or show much discontentment. He would still get a wave of the people from the streets and they would enjoy the King taking his time to walk along the people, as he usually did a few times a week. It was good exercise, after all, even if he wasn't the one doing the work.

He chuckled a little at the thought, reaching down to pat his mare's neck and thus getting a bit of a shake in response, though it was a pleased one.

Briefly, he wondered what Thorvald, the Prime Minister, was up to, though figured he was taking lunch.

---

Which he was.

---

Denmark was in a state of minor calm - The world was beginning to get antsy around them, and they were pretty much in the midst of it. Still, though, the storage ships would do their trade with all of Europe's ports, the trucks driving down to Germany with their stuff...

Actions
Trade ships go to their usual trading partners, which is the better part of Europe, Canada and the US. These trade ships come with a minor bit of protection, usually in the role of a small warship or two, depending on the size of the trading group. To ward off pirates or such, of course.

Down by the Denmark-German border more defensive fortifications are set up, and some are repaired/maintained. Nothing to large or anything, but a big more protection, just in case it'd come in handy in the future. It is, after all, the only land route to the country of Denmark. Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe islands tend to themselves as usual.

Murska
2009-10-04, 04:04 PM
Republic of Finland

A man was barking orders to a group of subordinates in the middle of a large amount of trucks, boxes, vehicles and other miscellaneous stuff.
"Okay, this group is headed for Helsinki. They're prioritized over that Navy shipment going to Turku, but both are needed quickly so get to it.'

Somewhere else, a group of soldiers are having a tactical exercise, divided into two groups. One of the groups is practicing to breach a fortified defense line while the other is holding it.

Up north, the beautiful landscape seems calm, until the trained eye finally spots a few men in camouflage sneaking towards their objective...

And yet another place, a large underground room with rows of men sitting next to their precise equipment, working for the good of the nation.

Finland prepares.

To GM, actions:
Finland keeps spending around 45% of the budget on hastily purchasing and building up the military, especially the airforce, navy and antitank weaponry. The navy is prepared to use mines to prevent Soviet access to the Gulf of Bothnia in case of a conflict.

Lahti and his associates are trying to design a cheaply mass-produceable antitank weapon for finnish usage, so they don't have to be so dependant on aid from Germany.

Some forces in Helsinki are prepared to besiege and take over Hanko from the Soviet occupation if necessary.

The intelligence has already cracked most Soviet codes and is watching their radio signals carefully for... well, everything. They also work on cracking all other messages they get their hands on, such as nations transmitting to their embassies.

Fan
2009-10-04, 04:59 PM
To ALL 'Allies'
Hello, leaders of the world.

We of the Pact are willing to aid your cause against the terror of the Axis powers. What we ask for is funding and support, and if we get it we can promise to help you. We promise to donate research, trainers, and those who can be a help in combat.

We need to stand against this evil togethor.

The Council

The pact:

Winston Church Hill writes back through the correct channels, preventing traces through electronic means, and thus more secure then even a radio channel could be in these times of war.

Dear, Leader of the group known as "The Pact"

We of Great Britain would love to accept your alliance, but in these times of trouble, all bonds of trust are tried, and those to be formed are even more difficult then ever. If you can provide a show of direct Resistance to Nazi Germany, and it's Axis Allies, we will work with you to drive of this threat of absolute, evil."

The Clan of the Dragon:

"It is always good to hear from one of the more partisan factions within Nazi Germany's borders, and from those fighting to quell the Nazi advance. However, I would be a fool to take the word of a Radio, when no evidence of your identity has been given! Prove to me, and my allies that you have geniune intentions of establishing a Noble, Soverign nation, and I'll see what I can do for you."

Dersess
2009-10-04, 06:38 PM
The Third Reich"Mr. Hitler, I can assure you that we have the situation in the Arctic well in hand. If you'd like to allow your ships into our borders because you feel uneasy having American vessels up north, that seems that would be a horse of a different color, would it not?

At this time, we have no interest in becoming a servant state to your Reich. Thanks so much for the offer, though.

--J. Stalin"

The Pact"Hello, Dr....uh, Genome, yes, that's it. Doctor Genome, I represent the great Soviet Union. We would like to extend our hand to you in friendship, and would be happy to allow you to set up shop a bit within our own borders, if that suits you well. I look forward to your response.

--V. Molotov"

Order of the Dragon"The Russians and the Serbs have always maintained good relations in the past...I see no reason why our two factions cannot work together harmoniously towards a common good, do you? Surely you have much to offer the Party, and we have vast amounts of resources that we're sure you could use as well.

Consider making a deal with us, and we may take your ultimatum with a much bigger amount of salt.

--V. Molotov"

Falconer
2009-10-04, 07:10 PM
Soviet Union

True, Russia and Serbia have indeed always been close allies. Your nation once championed the cause of the Slavic peoples. But since the revolution, the USSR has placed loyalty to Bolshevism ahead of loyalty to the Slavic people. We would be happy if a compromise could be reached, but we are deeply concerned that Communism will destroy our culture. Among other things, Stalin has worked to systematically destroy the Orthodox Church within Soviet borders, has invaded Poland, a Slavic nation, and clearly wishes to conquer Finland, also Slavic. Infighting among our peoples will destroy us.

We do not wish to serve the Communist Party. We wish to serve the Slavic people. If the Communist Party will assist us in our service, we will reconsider our current attitude. Socialism is not inherently wicked, but we feel that Communism as it is contains elements that are dangerous and opposed to our mission. If Stalin is willing to place the needs of the Slavic people and culture ahead of his desire for conquest and the "Worker's Crusade", we will radically reconsider our stance towards the Soviet Union.

Together, we can be truly strong.

-Dragomir

LongVin
2009-10-04, 08:29 PM
Italian troops invade British Egypt and British Somaliland

Following on the success of the invasion and subjugation of France, Italian troops cross the borders of British territory launching joint invasions of Somaliland and Egypt.

In Somaliland tens of thousand of soldiers(most Askari troops) cross the border driving towards the Gulf of Aden trying to drive the British completely from East Africa and earning the Italians another colony.

At the same time over 100 thousand soldiers cross into Egypt attacking the British positions there in a bid to remove the British completely from North Africa and open the path to the mideast.

@ GM - Troop movements

Invasion of East Africa-
The Italians are cross the border with nearly 30,000 across a widefront designed to completely overwhelm the British forces present in the area. The Italian force consists primarily of infantry and cavalry and some support from airpower based in Italian East Africa and naval support coming from a squadron of torpedo boats off the coast.

Invasion of Egypt-
The invasion of Egypt is the main operation of the Italian military at this point in the war. The army will attack in a spearhead across the northern traversable area of the desert.

Additional troops are going to be shifted from the army that invaded France to this front to provide it with experienced troops and additional weight against the British forces present in the region.

The Italian Fleet is going to be dispatched to the seas around Malta to enact a blockade around the British controlled island. From Sicily a bombing campaign is going to be launched against the island.

Communication to Germany

We are currently in the process of launching attacks against British held Egypt and Somalia. Would it be possible for you to harrass British naval assets and conduct a bombing campaign against the British Isles to prevent them from shifting their forces to this new sphere of combat.

Additionally, would it be possible for you to send advisors to our forces in Africa to help them coordinate blitzkrieg style attacks against the British forces present.
Communication to Thule Society
To: Thule Society

I am interested in organizing a ritual in the Colosseum to aid Axis troops in their victory over the forces of the decadant west.

I would like to invite members of your organization to take part in this ritual and add your own magical prowess to this ceremony to restore the martial pagan spirit of the ancients.

puppyavenger
2009-10-04, 09:00 PM
Japan we'd be happy to purchase the rifles

Sayn mount some major raids on (non-Mongolian) towns away fro many major warlords armies to loot enough payment for the rifles

Dersess
2009-10-04, 09:09 PM
Mongolian People's Republic"Hello, friends down south. We were just wondering what...exactly is going on down there. We've received a missive from a Bogd Khan, who wishes that we remove our troops from your borders. What is happening there, exactly? How are the people reacting to all of this?

--V. Molotov"

Tsarist Siberia"Don't think you can just hide from us forever. We know you're hiding out there. For now, however, we have bigger things to worry about from external threats. For now, would it be acceptable for us to agree to a truce? For now, we need to worry about what's best for Russia as a whole, and not let our political ideologies get in the way of that. What do you say?

--V. Molotov"

Fan
2009-10-04, 10:16 PM
British Response to Itallian Invasion:

Winston Churchill sits at a table, his hands crossed, and his face in a expression that is even more so, his voice is powerful, and his motions almost more so, the British Flag displayed proudly in the background as he said.

"The axis powers have over step their bounds with every moment, but now they have surpassed all previous transgressions! The attack on British soil is yet another example of flagarant, beligerent, idoicy on the part of the Axis, and it is my hope that the allies will agree with me, when I say the time for neutrality, and defensive action is over, and I hope the Americans take this into consideration, when I say, that if they do not act, The Axis will not stop at Europe, and you are in just as much danger as we."

The broadcast ends then, the screen going fuzzy for a second, before returning to your scheduled programming, The Adams Family!

GM Military Actions:

To counter the Itallians spear head formation, the British armor, and Infantry will first target their Artillery with surgical strikes from Bomber Planes, their Artillery Support removed, the British artillery will shift focus from the ground forces, to the off shore naval assets, catching them in a surprise pincer manueuver with the British Destroyer's that were sent 3 days ago to reinforce the Nile.

From there the forces will fan out along the spear head, giving the illusion of a broken formation, before the formation will have encircled them entirely, taking nessecary loses, but when the individuals are isolated from the whole by the better trained British troops, the formation should fall.

While in East Africa, the heavy armor divisions, and Infantry, lacking air support due to the recent investment in Egypt, will make due with a divison of their forces, placing them in camoflauged positions, with thermal maskers, behind the Itallian regiment, from their they will fan out once more into two groups, when the Itallian forces attack, the artillery, and armor groups will focus their power into driving a wedge as the two groups attack from behind focusing on causing as much damage as they can before rejoining the armor group that will have drove a wedge through the middle, a path cleared, they will then retreat to their fortress, having laid a land mine field the night before, this should delay Itallian forces enough for them to enter their entrenched area, and rejoin the Artillery guard for a defensive battle against the weakened Axis Forces.

Kiren
2009-10-04, 11:00 PM
United States of America

The Order of the Dragon
We have heard your transmissions at the white house, a very bold move issuing a triple ultimatum to 3 powerful countries. That will be hard to back up, and we respectfully doubt that your message will be met with anything other then violence. However, we admire your willingness to fight for your nations freedom, no matter the odds. Now, what kind of deal did you have in mind?

V.O.T.A.
We have the ability to fund what you require, and we would be happy to fund your resistance against japan, as long as the dealings are secure and untraceable, we will need to know more about these "techniques" you offer us

Kiren
2009-10-04, 11:14 PM
U.S.A.

The British
We agree that the Axis will not stop at Europe, we very well could be next. The end of our neutrality is close at hand, we are in some deals of our own that will be beneficial, but their are things that must be cleared and preparations to be made in the shroud of neutrality. We will join you.

Handsome Dan
2009-10-05, 04:30 AM
Nazi Germany

"That damn fool, he thinks we will sit by and let him take Egypt? After everything we already have invested there? Damn him. We will help, but if he tries o claim even an ounce of Egypt we will blow him out of Europe.

Get me Rommel on the phone, now!"

To Italy :

We will help, but we already have half of Egypt under our control fully, if you think we will cede any of Egypt the British are holding after the immense loss of Aryan life, you are mistaken. We will help, or accept your help in return, but not give you any of Egypt, we will if needed render aid in Somalia land, and you can if you so wish take it, fully as your own.

To The USSR

Your the only major player left in the world Stalin. We do not wish to fight you, and we do not wish to make you puppets of us, for surely such a war would only end badly for us.

Britain is a shattered shell of what it was, and the USA are too happy to be dealing in the gray area of isolationism whilst secretly helping the British.

We do not wish to have ships in your waters were there no reason for it, but I will admit it, American ships that far north make me uneasy, infact I think you should own the Aleutian isles anyway, not those Americans.

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-05, 06:26 AM
The Reichguard

The rising sun walks up to Ubermensch in the lair of The Reichguard hidden somewhere deep in the Alps. " The Italians have attacked the British." says The Rising Sun.

Ubermensch smiles and says, "Perfect.... get contact with Germany."

@ To The Third Reich
The Reichguard would like to request a U-boat for the Mediterranean sea. To more easily maneuver without being seen.

Freshmeat
2009-10-05, 01:44 PM
Thule Society, Rome

To Italy:
To: Julius Evola

Herr Evola,
We humbly accept your invitation to attend the ritual in the colosseum of Rome and are pleased to see an increased interest in occult matters in Italy. We will send Frau Von Sperling forthwith, whose name you undoubtedly recognize as one of the leading experts on occultism in Europe. She will bear several artifacts we have recovered from crypts in Paris or which the Jews were hiding in our very homeland. With her aid, the ritual will undoubtedly be successful and the combat prowess of our troops should increase at least tenfold! It's time to show the rest of the world that the Aryan-Sino-Roman race are the Chosen of the Gods!

All glory to the Third Reich!

- Von Eisenhardt

A woman with shoulder-length blonde hair descends from a private plane at Rome's airport. She is followed by about two dozen guards and a a handful of support personnel who carefully unload two metal crates from the plane.

A few hours later, she enters the heavily-guarded Colosseum of Rome. Shortly before approaching the Italian delegation she dismisses her guards who immediately fan out across the area and help the local troops in keeping out unwanted visitors.

"Gentlemen," the woman says in a flat tone, adressing her hosts. "My name is Kristin Von Sperling. I take it you've been expecting me?"

Von Sperling stands tall, smirking, with eyes combining the worst elements of defiance, coldness, fanaticism and even a slight touch of innate condescension. She is wearing a stylish black longcoat which so closely resembles the uniforms of the Gestapo, although hers is decidedly more elegant and polished and her tailor seems to have taken more than a few stylistic notes from the Japanese kimono.

Kneeling down, Von Sperling runs her hands through the coloseum's sand, a wistful look on her face.
"Yes, the blood-touched soil of Ancient Rome's gladiator arena. I can feel the mystic currents running deep, hailing back to an era when religion and politics were still one, and power was granted by the Gods, not given by the people. This will do nicely."

"I am displeased with that, however," Von Sperling says while pointing accusingly at the outline of the Vatican skyline in the distance. "How little do those pompous self-proclaimed guides of spirituality know that our knowledge of the divine, of the supernatural and of the bonds that tie them to our mortal coil far surpasses theirs. But I digress and we have much work to do."

"Now, I see my personal equipment has already been delivered," she says, eyeing two metal crates nearby, the same that had been unloaded from her personal plane only a few hours ago. She walks over to the first and clicks it open.

Inside the crate lies an old, brown, dusty linen cloth, subtly depicting the highly detailed face of a pained man and with two rows of arcane symbols and insignia running along the cloth's length.
"This is the Shroud of Turin, whose authenticity we have been able to verify only a few months ago", Von Sperling states with clear satisfaction, draping the cloth across her back like a cloak and wrapping its end around her neck. A manner of decisiveness about her, she walks over to the second crate and clicks it open as well.
"This," she says while producing a long blade with a gold-coloured hilt "is Joyeuse, favored sword of Charlemagne. It contains a fragment of the Spear of Destiny in its pommel. It is beyond a doubt the main reason why Charlemagne accomplished the things he did, much like many of his predecessors and successors, because no man of arms has ever been born on French-touched soil and conquered anything without supernatural aid. Other such artefacts can be found in any civilization, although some are more powerful than others. Through them we are merely boosting our innate strengths to mythical proportions. We have many more artefacts safely secured at locations known only to der Führer and the Thule Society, and even more will soon follow as the Third Reich expands its frontiers."

Von Sperling weighs the blade for a moment as if reassuring herself of its power and then thrusts it forward with the expertise of a trained swordswoman.
"Attuning the blade to me was easy enough after all the years of neglect it has received from the French. From what we know, only those with actual faith in the mythical properties of these artefacts have the strength of will to be guided by the spirits of its ancestral bearers. With such powerful figures on our side, our victory is assured."

Turning back to her Italian hosts, Von Sperling lowers her blade and leans in closer.
"Now then, gentlemen. Let us begin."

Joint Italian/Thule actions (GM and Italy only)
Basically, we're conducting a ritual to improve the morale and combat efficiency of our Italian/German troops in Africa or (alternatively) the next batch of troops sent there. I'll let Longvin fill in the details (or change the above if he has a better plan since the ritual was pretty much his idea).

LongVin
2009-10-05, 02:50 PM
@ Germany

We have no desire to annex Egyptian land. We do however need to secure the territory of Egypt as quickly as possible to restore our supply access to Italian East Africa. Without the Suez the British will be able to continue supplying their forces in Africa while we will have to make due with that is availible.

The Colosseum - Rome

Julius Evola bows at the hip to the esteemed Occultist "Thank you for coming. I am Julius Evola and these are my apprentices." He motions to several black robed men behind him.

Evola listens intently as Von Sperling explains the power of the artifacts present and her general ideas regarding the rituals.

The Occultists spread out across the field of the ancient arena. The assembled artifacts of the Italians and Germans gathered in the center. Braziers were lit and the dancing fires created long shadows.

Evola came to the center of the gathered magicians, his hands thrust outwards over artifacts of magical power, Roman and Germanic. Encompassing the true Aryan and Fascist spirit of the peoples present.

"Great Gods of Old, Ancient Warriors, Legionairres of Rome, we your descendents of blood and spirit now call upon your aid in our time of struggles..."

@ GM and Thule

Basically as meat said. This ritual is designed to instill the Italian and German soldiers fighting in Egypt with the fanatical spirit and dedication of the ancient Romans and German warriors.

Handsome Dan
2009-10-05, 03:05 PM
To Italy / GM:

Let your men march in first, let the Allies spring any trap they have and then we will attack from the skies and into the rear of them.

GM : Waiting for any units of British to come between us and the Italians and then assaulting them with everything. Then everything we have that is air based in Egypt will launche into the air and bomb them into submission as well.

To The Reichguard:

Of course you can, take one of the new Mk 3 U Boats.

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-05, 03:30 PM
@ To The Third Reich
Tanka mein Furhrer. Any other assistance you need of The Reichguard?

@ To The GM only
Using the new U-boat from Germany sends out a small scouting squad in the U-boat to find a suitible deep spot for an underwater lab.

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-05, 03:34 PM
Charles Lindbergh of the AES to Germany

I'd be more than glad to take a trip to discuss matters in person. I don't think it's necessary to move our organization. From my previous trips to the fatherland, it seems that you are doing an excellent job of carrying out your own Eugenics program.

We would greatly additional funding. I'm sure that you will be please with the results of our efforts.

Greystone
2009-10-05, 03:47 PM
To Soviet union
Thank you for replying so fast. We will send Strategic teams Kelphos, Brahm, and Osiris supported by a logistical team immediatly

To Order of the Dragon
Greetings. We are a group known as The Pact, and our goal is to defeat the Nazi's and other Axis powers. Could you perhaps offer any assistence in any regard, financial or tactical?

GM
My group begins to gather support and investors. With the invasion of British controlled Egypt and Somalia, several strike teams are dispatched to make the Italiens jobs much more difficult

To Great Britain
We are sending operatives to assist in the defense of Egypt and Somalia

Murska
2009-10-05, 06:19 PM
Finland

The finnish newspapers and media don't tell much about the ongoing invasion, and what they do, they present it in a generally Axis-friendly light.

To USA:
The payments on the WW1 debt will continue despite our economic situation. We'd still be grateful of any help the Finnish Americans can send our way, and are willing to buy some old equipment from the USA, providing you have the means to transport it to us.

To Soviet Union:
Are you still unwilling to negotiate us paying the war reparations in lumber, paper and such things we already have the infrastructure for? It is very difficult for us to create the machinery you have demanded.

Kiren
2009-10-05, 06:54 PM
U.S.A.

Finland
We understand that the soviet union has claims apon your country, and the soviets are apparently leaning towards the axis. We have equipment to sell, however, before we make any deals, where is the equipment going, what do you need specifically, and to what use will it be put to.

Murska
2009-10-05, 06:58 PM
Finland

To USA:
We do not have much to pay with, but we need especially antitank equipment, heavier guns if possible and airplanes. They will be used for defence against any aggression on our nation.

Kiren
2009-10-05, 07:56 PM
United States

Finland
We can spare some of our older anti-tank equipment and maybe some artillery, it won't be new, but it will be cheap, the deliveries will have to be in unmarked vehicles, if anything is to blockade them from entering the country, would it be possible to secure a route? One last question and then we can begin the deliveries, will they be used against the soviets?

The_JJ
2009-10-05, 08:06 PM
So... Egypt?

Perfectly predictable.

Even this... Africa Korps?

More or less. I hear this Rommel did quite well in France.

So how does this affect our plans?

Well, we haven't been paid yet. All is fluid. But yeah, our options are still open.

And if Churchy askes us in intervene?

We'll charge him, same as normal. We're not in debt to the Crown.

Murska
2009-10-05, 08:12 PM
Finland

To USA:
They would be used against anyone threatening the independence of our nation.

About the route, we have a safe way to transport them if you can get them on the coast of Norway near Barent's Sea into a specific location. Or through Denmark to Helsinki, those ships aren't blockaded either.

Falconer
2009-10-05, 08:26 PM
Order of the Dragon

USA

Indeed, perhaps our triple ultimatum was unwise. But nonetheless, it has been done, and we are preparing for the numerous eventualities. But here's the thing: you don't like the Axis, and we don't like them either. We can, in a sense, be your "representatives", if you like. Show Hitler a thing or two, without risking American neutrality. What we want from you is this: we want American soil friendly to us. We want to be able to (secretly, of course) train agents and partisans there; perhaps your marines can teach them a few tricks. We want American supplies, to help fund our little crusade. We know you don't like the Communist Soviets, and if we are indeed able to create our Slavic state we'd be the perfect counterbalance. And, worst case, we want to be able to retreat to American soil should our battle go South.

With your help, we can give the Axis hell, with no risk to you. If this is not enough, we will of course be willing to negotiate further.

Soviet Union

Understand: we don't want a fight with the Soviet Union. We don't want you as our enemy. But if your war upon the Slavic peoples continues, you will force our hand. Don't make us your enemy.

Tsarist Russia

OoC: Okay, first of all, sorry if there's no possible way the Order could know about you, and thus wouldn't be talking to you. If that's the case, completely disregard this.

We have eyes and ears all over, and we have learned of your cause. And we want to help. Communism has crushed the Russian people beneath its heel, and we desire its destruction. While we have our hands a bit full at the moment, our forces together can make Stalin beg and weep like the coward he is. Let us be allies. For the Old Russia.

Great Britain

Very well. You will see proof of our allegiances soon enough.

The Pact

While we have little to spare in the way of financial resources, we have agents and partisans all over Eastern Europe. Perhaps we can strike the Axis in tandem? I'm sure the both of our forces will be all the more effective for it, and run the Nazis ragged trying to track us both.

Kiren
2009-10-05, 09:25 PM
United States

Order of the Dragon
America will not be neutral for long however, The British territory is under attack, and the war is in favor of the Axis powers, we need allies, America welcomes you as allies, we can sell you supplies and allow you to train soldiers and partisans here in the U.S.. At this time we are also in the process of selling defensive arms to Finland, to protect the independence.

Finland
Alright then, we will prepare the shipments by your specified routes.

Gm only
I'm selling some older Antitank equipment and Artillery to Finland, I am also beginning to ally myself with the Order of the Dragon

Dersess
2009-10-05, 10:04 PM
FinlandDon't worry about it. Just make it seem like you're still paying us so no one knows we're getting all soft, and we'll call it even. Sound good?

Order of the Dragon"My friends....how would you like to be put in charge of our Serbian territories?

You would be almost entirely autonomous, and answer only to Mr. Stalin. And he would only interfere if you did something that would radically upset him. In this regard, you would be working for us, know that up front. However, this arrangement would offer the Serbs much more freedom over time than they experience currently.

We would need to ask of some of your services as well, though. Let us know what you think.

--V. Molotov"

The Third Reich"You wish to put me in a rather sticky situation, Mr. Hitler. If I allow your U-Boats into my waters with my consent, the Americans and British would see me as your ally, and may actively consider declaring war on me. However, even if I claim no knowledge of such actions, it would seem strange of me if I didn't denounce and take actions against you.

As you can see, neither of those are particularly pleasant outcomes for me. You can see where I'm coming from, I'm sure.

--J. Stalin"

The PactWe look forward to your arrival. We have much to discuss.

Murska
2009-10-05, 10:36 PM
Finland

To USA:
Thank you, the payments will arrive along with the WW1 debt.

To USSR:
You have the gratitude of the Finnish people.

Kiren
2009-10-06, 01:18 PM
U.S.A.

Finland
We are available if you require any more equipment for your protection, it was a pleasure to do buisness with your country and we must say it is quite honorable to still be paying off your debts considering your countries situation.

ArlEammon
2009-10-06, 01:33 PM
U.S.A.

Finland
We are available if you require any more equipment for your protection, it was a pleasure to do buisness with your country and we must say it is quite honorable to still be paying off your debts considering your countries situation.

VOTA And America

"We would be ingratiated if you would send us some of your elite warriors to Los Angeles, in California. We will contact you once they get their. There we can show you our techniques that enable us to survive the Imperial forces."

Murska
2009-10-06, 03:42 PM
Finland

To USA:
We shall see, we might soon have additional resources come available due to unforeseen circumstances. Our radio department wanted to send yours a message, which will be attached to this one.

We have broken more of the Soviet radio codes, and would be willing to trade keys for new equipment. Mainly some of the new RCA-transmitters.

To Sweden:
We know you are intending to stay neutral, but we are no longer a country at war and would be willing to purchase airplanes from you, which you would have an easier time getting from elsewhere.

We ask you to please remember the long-standing ties between our two nations, and the goodwill it has generated. Tens of thousands of people from Finland live in Sweden and likewise, thousands of Swedes live in Finland.

Kiren
2009-10-06, 10:36 PM
United states of America

VOTA
Alright, we will send our best soldier over their as soon as possible, we look forward to see your techniques

Finland
Sounds like a fair trade, on one condition, we will send the Rca-Transmitters, but in addition to those keys, we would like to have a copy of any important information, more broken codes, intercepted transmissions, etc we would like to know.

GM only- Actions
I'm going to send some of the special forces to see what techniques Vota is offering.

ArlEammon
2009-10-06, 10:41 PM
United states of America
VOTA
Alright, we will send our best soldier over their as soon as possible, we look forward to see your techniques

VOTA and USA
Diplomatic contact would be held by a VOTA agent and an American marine. The Vota wish the government to allow their ties in America to contribute to Vota. Technically some of the members of Vota were members of Imperial Japan. So in order to The Voice of the Ancestors sent a ninja to tutor one of the men in the arts of ninjitsu. In order to appear friendly, Vota wishes for the Kuriyama family and several other rich individuals to contribute to Vota, officially granting money to Imperial Japan.

Kiren
2009-10-06, 10:56 PM
United States of America

Vota
A generous contribution has been organized, by several respected families, America thanks you for your knowledge and we hope that Vota and America can become good allies.

Murska
2009-10-07, 04:06 AM
Finland

To USA:
I'm afraid we cannot afford to send such important information secretly from USSR, even a single leak would absolutely devastate any chance of a peaceful resolution. But we will tell you if we hear something extremely worrying, and we will be free to supply you with information in the case of a breakdown in foreign relations between Finland and USSR.

Kiren
2009-10-07, 05:22 AM
United States of America

Finland
Fair enough then, we will send over the equipment you require, thank you for your business, these keys will become of use to us.

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-08, 04:57 PM
END OF TURN SUMMARY

French blood stains the waters of Mers-el-Kebir. Following the french surrender a rift has formed in what is left of France's navy. Marcel-Bruno Gensoul, ordered the force under his control to flee the shores of French Algeria for England so as to continue the fight against Nazi Germany. Bernard Dufay, and several other captains disobeyed the order, saying that they hadn't received orders to move, and that their loyalty was to the French people. Dufay then ordered Gensoul to relieve himself of command and stand down. Gensoul and the captains loyal to him, refused, and a running firefight ensued. In the end only Gensoul's aging, battered battleship the Bretagne and a lone destroyer make the journey to England's shore.

The war in Europe boils over into Africa. British forces repel Italian troops invading East Africa, using armored divisions to their fullest potential.

British forces in Egypt don't fare nearly as well. Initially the Italian assault is pushed back. Almost as soon as they are engaged, German troops under the command of Rommel slam into the rear of their line, shattering Brittian's army. Thousands are killed or wounded, and thousands more are captured along with tanks and other heavy equipment.

Egypt also see the first appearance of Pact and Reichguard agents on the battlefield. Reichguard brutes under Eastern Block, meet Pact forces dispatched to help British troops. The fight goes badly for the Pact, several agents are missing and presumed dead. The most famous being Tri-Colour Heroine of France.

The skies over Britain are the scene of another engagement. British RAF fighters combat the planes of the Luftwaffe. The Luftwaffe's primary targets are RAF bases and airstrips, but the courageous men of the RAF manage to repel the the majority German attacks before they can reach their objectives.

Greece erupts in violence. Italian forces along with Tagon's Tough invade the country. Just as the Greek military seems to be defeated, Tagon's ruse is revealed. Tagon's men open fire on the Italian forces, and men a disguised as refugees begin to assault the Italian rear. Italian forces are repulsed into Albainia, but only just barely. Miscommunications between the polyglot Toughs and the Greek military leads to several blunders. Complicating matters are civilian refuges, caught in the crossfire and often massacred, when Italian troops take them for disguised soldiers or saboteurs.

In the U.S. Nikola Tesla is contracted to work with a military think tank, on weapon systems. The American Eugenic Society claims that the act is more evidence of Roosevelt's warmongering.

In Mongolia Sternberg's forces meet the armies of the Republic for the first time. What could of been a major battle was little more than a skirmish as the Mongolian commander withdrew his forces to a nearby city rather than commit his men to a fight with an unknown number of enemies.

Sternbergs forces raid into northern China, taking supplies and materials back for the war effort.

In Eastern Germany, several banks in towns along the border are robbed my slavic gunmen. Police and military pursuit is hampered by the pre-planning of the gunmen. Bridges and tunnels are blown just as the thieves make it safely across.

The USSR begins major spending to modernize it's military. Millions are spend to boost tank production and on research projects. Old equipment is shipped

In Rome one of the most ambitious occult ceremonies in history is underway. If it succeeds Italian and German forces will be bolstered with arcane power. Just as the ceremony is nearing completion, hundreds of church bells echo throughout the Vatican and Rome. Suddenly the power wanes, and despite the efforts of the continents foremost occultist, the ritual stutters and dies.

The Thule Societies activities in France prove to be far more productive. The fledgling resistance movement is almost destroyed as safe house after safe house is discovered and neutralized. Thanks to the actions of Pact teams in France the resistance still smolders despite Nazi oppression.

VOTA
Agents in Manchuria inform you that General Yoshijirō Umezu of The Kwantung Army stationed in Manchuria has sold outdated type 30 rifles to a insurgent group in Mongolia. While not strictly countermanding High Commands orders he has bent them in a less than scrupulous way. He has so far managed to keep the matter secret, at least in regards to High Command.

The Japanese military is planning something large. The Imperial Palace grounds have been expanded, and now include a large portion of Tokyo. Security is incredibly tight, and so far no member of VOTA has managed to make it in.

Sternberg's Mongolia
Sternberg's announcement has gained him some support, especially from Buddhists who have been repressed under the communist regime. But the 5% death tax has an equal number terrified of the consequences of Sternberg's subjugation.

Republic of Mongolia to USSR
These bandit insurgents are more of a threat to our regime than we originally believed. Any assistance you could offer in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

((If I missed something please let me know in either the IC thread or in a PM))

Freshmeat
2009-10-08, 07:06 PM
The Thule Society, Rome

"WAS?!" Von Sperling cries out, a look of utter madness on her face. 'The Vatican dares interfere in our war?!'

Visibly angered, Von Sperling calls the ritual short, puts the artifacts back in the metal cases and calls for her personal driver to return her back to the German Embassy in Rome. As soon as she arrives, she dials German Command in Berlin.

"Guten Tag, how c-"
"GET ME ZE FÜHRER!!"

To Nazi Germany:
Adolf,

Diese hässliche scheisse priests of the Vatican have just clearly and undeniably disturbed an occult ritual in Rome that Julius Evole, myself and a few acolytes were conducting and which would bolster our troops' strength in North Africa. This is an act of complete defiance to the Third Reich on their part. These catholic fools have made their allegiance in this war clear and are now directly interfering into matters of occult warfare. There can be only one response to their idiocy. The Thule Society, for its part, will NOT tolerate this insult. :smallfurious:

I sincerely hope you make the right choice.

(she hangs up)

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-08, 07:49 PM
Sweden to Finland

We would be more than happy to provide you with raw materials, and even machine parts, but providing arms to any nation would put our neutrality in jeopardy.

Given our close ties, we would like to do more, but we aren't in a position to do so, I'm sure you understand. While we can't officially support any faction, rest assured that the thoughts and prayers of many of our citizens are with you.

Gamerofthegame
2009-10-08, 08:21 PM
The Kingdom of Denmark

It's leaders are thinking...

The King goes for a ride on his horse...

Country affairs are being maintained.

Nothing notable.

To; Finland, Norway and Sweden
As well known, the war machine is ever growing. Our security as neutral nations are put jeopardy more and more every day. So, I propose a alliance, of sorts.

Possibly not a outright one, maybe a secret one, just to keep ourselves safer. When in time of need we will aid each other, in this context in more of a military way, against each other's enemies for the sole purpose of defense to increase our longevity.

We all have history together, as nations, good and bad. Regardless of this previous precedent, we must come together now, even if we don't play a part in the war itself.

To (Those zany) Nazi Germany
Greetings, friend! I come forward with a simple request; Weapons. As you might know, our nation isn't the strongest, militarily. We are not as far up to the times as we ought to be, simply because it was not a issue. As such, a trade could be in order, to keep our nations closer together. I will have our trading exports decrease for your enemies and increase for you for various weapons, such as infantry equipment and so on.

We are a nation that can be prone to sea invasion and we are a stepping stone to be deep into the heart of your otherwise graceful country. Being able to defend ourselves better will allow us to dissuade attack while still remaining otherwise neutral in this conflict, decreasing threats to your nation across the board.

To GM
A attempt of a spy network is put into place toward Nazi Germany, to find out their movements and current motivations. The majority of espionage resources are put into place, with the stuff being transported in secret with the various trade routes and such.

(Am I doing it right?)

The_JJ
2009-10-08, 09:30 PM
Payments taken?

Yep. Greeks and the Draco's seem to have this mostly under control.

Then let's bugger off.

Aye sir. Soldiers! Form up and move it!

Murska
2009-10-09, 07:09 AM
Finland

To Denmark:
So now you would be willing to participate in such an alliance? Feeling threatened perhaps? Well, as we stated when we suggested the exact same thing before the Winter War(where we received noticeably little support, incidentally), it's the one chance our northern nations can be anything more than pawns in the games of the superpowers.

To Sweden:
We understand your neutrality, although with Germany's expansionist policies it might be threatened sooner than you think, especially when the USSR looks hungrily upon the Baltic Sea.

But as it is, I think we'll have to reconsider the demilitarization of Åland due to concerns of national security.

To GM:
The espionage efforts toward USSR are stepped up. In addition to high-class radio espionage agents from Finnish-minded people across the border are recruited.

Handsome Dan
2009-10-09, 08:26 AM
Nazi Germany

"Ah excellent, Africa and the Suez is ours. Thank you Britain, thank you very much. Have fun getting through to India and Hong Kong now."

A messanger runs into the High Command room.

"Mein Fuhrer! This message has just come through on the emergency channel."

Ripping open the envelope and reading it Hitler turns slowly red with rage.

"Tell Rommel to divert all of the bombers and fighter escorts from North Africa that he can. Push the line forwards set up a defensive line with the 88's and the Tigers. Nothing is coming through.

Also tell him to use the Pact with his own discretion.

Warn the Italians that there may be German planes over their homeland, we don't want them going ape on us now then do we?"

To Italy:

The Vatican has interfered in a war that had nothing to do with them. I was content to let them lay low, but they have gone a step too far. Be aware that there will be German planes over your head before the week is out, they are not targeting you, merely the Pope and all houses of God. Warn your population if you want, but that holy jackass has gone a step too far.

Adolf

To The Thule Society :

Its done.

Adolf

To Denmark :

I'm willing to give you ships for sea defense, or some coastal guns, but I don't want the trading benefits.

I want you to convince Sweden to join us, if we can have them without force and exploit their mines slightly more, then all the better for not killing anyone.

If not it might have to be taken by force.

Adolf

To Britain :

Your forces have been smashed in Africa, you have no way through to your holdings in the East, we could have you before they even get here.

Surrender now, and I will be most lenient with you, you whose own Royal Family is descended from Aryan blood, you who most closely are linked with us through blood.

Surrender, your last warning.

Adolf

To Japan :

Greetings, we know you have your eye on Hong-Kong. Take it, the British have lost the Suez, its yours for the taking, but might I suggest taking it from the land-ward side. From the sea its a complete fortress. Also we know you want your Imperial Empire based across the Pacific islands. Use any spy network you have in the American navy, find out when alot of their ships will all be moored at once, and launch a huge assault against them just as day breaks on a Saturday morning, they will be hungover from Friday night and wont be expecting a huge surprise assault.

Regards

Adolf

To the GM only :

Actions : Prepare the Luftwaffe for destroying all of the Vatican and surrounding churches. This includes St Peters cathedral, the Vatican square, everything.

Get the SS working on the problem in Eastern Germany, most resources concentrated towards that, except those who are still working with the Thule's in France.

If Italy prepares to attack in Africa again, help him, but this time I want Wittman in there, and have him blow his own track off. If the Allies come to try and take him alive, I want an ambush set up with Tigers 88's and any of the Reichguard who are still there.

Don't bomb Britain for a single day, wait for their reply, then all out attack from France again, also not sure on the state of V2's at this point, if we have them launch them, if they are still being researched : research on.

Naval wise, open the U boat offensive completely into the Atlantic, targeting mainly British and American ships - no convoys at this point thank god.

Erm think thats about it.

Murska
2009-10-09, 09:15 AM
Finland

To Nazi Germany
I have a proposition about the Scandinavian nations. As you know, the region holds resources vital to your war effort. You've already taken Norway to encircle Britain, and have mostly secured the metal transfers, but the region still holds residual goodwill towards the Allies and Sweden, in the middle, is stubbornly neutral. Also, if at some point relations with the Soviets go sour and the USSR decides on a large-scale assault, you might find the whole area threatened. After all, their Baltic fleet is strongest in the area by far, and has strong harbours all over Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in addition to Leningrad. Of course, the best situation is continued friendship between your great powers, but with the are being of such vital importance, one can never be too sure.

Certain parties in the area have put forth suggestions of an alliance between the nations of the area. If you pressure the nations to join it and help Finland and Denmark gain enough power to dictate it's foreign relations, you will have a friendly power bloc securing your north flank and, since we wouldn't technically be part of the war, the Allies and the Soviets alike would be unwilling to attack us for that would be an unjustified act of aggression against a 'neutral' state and would also attract the revenge of the mighty Axis powers. Meanwhile, we would of course continue supplying you with resources and weaponry while keeping Britain cut from the mainland Europe.

Freshmeat
2009-10-09, 01:51 PM
The Thule Society, Egypt
Valley of the Kings, Temple of Rameses II

As Hartmann exited the highly-decorated corridor, he headed straight into the antechamber they’d discovered only a few hours before. Conrad Wolf interrupted his inspection of a large, dusty tablet to give his colleague a polite nod, while motioning inquiringly towards the telegram in Hartmann’s hand.

“News from Andrea Meyer”, Heinrich stated. “She claims to have found a discrepancy with the Book of the Dead we found earlier. Amongst the ruins of the Library of Alexandria she’s come across what she believes to be the original funerary rites. Apparently they contain highly detailed information concerning the Egyptians’ views on the life-death cycle. Something to do with energy flows.”

“Hm, yes." the chief occultist grunted. The dim lighting of the room eerily accentuated his cadaverous features. "That seems to fit in with what we know so far. Anything else?”

“The catacombs were heavily trapped but seemed to contain little of any value. She’s found a few inscriptions, trinkets and mummies, all of which are still being investigated by her team. Further down in her report she mentions that she accidentally collapsed one of the inner walls in one of the Karnak Temples, but everyone with her has been sworn to secrecy, so we can claim it had already collapsed by the time we arrived. That usuallly works. It’s not like these people know their own culture. It takes a foreigner to properly appreciate what’s been in front of them for millennia. Meyer also mentions that one of her excavators got a 5-foot spike through his leg whereas another fell in a scorpion fit when he didn’t watch his step.”

“Par for the course in the graverobbing business. In any event, we’re almost done here. What’s next on the agenda?”

“Let’s see… the Great Pyramid, the Sphinx, the Luxor Temple Complex, the Lighthouse and the Amphitheater. Then we join Meyer’s team and turn the library upside down. So it looks like we’ve still got a couple of long days ahead of us.”

Actions - GM/Axis* Only
* Germany, Italy, Reichguard
(I assume that RP-related investigations/research count as a free action)

France: A handful of mystics stay behind to locate those few remaining resistance safehouses, but the vast majority of Thule Society occultists are being transferred to the following two locations:

Rome: Security is raised to extreme levels and paragnosts and mystics are on constant watch, including Von Sperling herself. Their sole goal is to discover and disrupt any and all (potential) attempts on the Vatican’s part to smuggle artifacts out of Rome while there's still time.

North Africa: Working closely with both Rommel’s Afrika Korps and the Reichguard, efforts in this area are focused on: Finding and killing any and all members or individuals associated with the Pact. (this includes locating Tri-Colour Heroine of France (dead or alive) and bringing her in for experimentation)
Foretelling enemy troop movements (counter-attacks, artillery placement, supply lines, etc.) *

* this receives a lower priority than the efforts in Rome and the Pact witchhunt but replaces the latter should it become clear that the Pact has withdrawn from the North-African theatre.

Gamerofthegame
2009-10-09, 02:22 PM
Kingdom of Denmark

One day these posts might be labeled with a flag.

Thinking...

(Zanny) Nazi Germany
I cannot guarentee anything, but... How is it worthwhile? It is hardly as great as it once was, similar to us... But, regardless.

The ships are not welcome - The crews we would provide would take to long to get used to the different-from-ours' vessels that'd it'd be pointless, ha! The coastal guns simply would be futile, I'm afraid - We have much to much coast.

On top of this, both are adequate enough already. I was more seeking infantry equipment, small arms and the such.

Finland
Ah... It was another time, with different people. Regardless, though... I will seek word from Sweden before ironing things out first, however.

Sweden
I come again, though with a different cause this time... A a slightly less good one. My German neighbors wish me to try and coax you to join the Axis alliance, with they wishing to tap your country's mines for resources. They made a threatening side-statement saying they'd conquer you if you didn't... This would remove the bloodshed and would make it much easier to come out of it again as well.

I pray that you accept it, sir.

Murska
2009-10-09, 07:05 PM
Finland

To Denmark:
We think the alliance is a very good idea. But we need good relations with our powerful neighbours, especially Germany. I'll open talks with them.

Sweden is stubborn in it's neutrality but with enough foreign pressure we should get them into it, which is very important.

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-09, 08:53 PM
Reichguard

To GM only
Alright Im going to use some of the people that are switching sides from The Pact to the Reichguard to make a hero group in America the group will be controled by The Reichguard secretly. It will be called The People's Heros. They will be focusing on attacking Pact super villains and frame The Pact for their Super villains doing villainous deeds such as robing banks, murder, and other diobolical plans. The Heros of The People's Heros will bear swastikas and promoteing an Axis friently light showing that the Axis are the good guys not the Allies, and their Pact due to they have aligned themselves with Super villains that are hurting the People.

To The American Eugenic Society
Greetings from The Reichguard. There will be a pro axis group forming in America in a short time called The People's Heros. What we would like from you is to promote these heros in America so that the American people will be more empathetic with the Axis cause.

To The Third Reich
Anything you need of The Reichguard mein Furhrer?

Dersess
2009-10-09, 09:15 PM
USSR

The citizens of Moscow are unexpected, but pleasantly surprised by an impromptu airshow. The aerial acrobats perform death-defying stunts that most aces wouldn't contemplate; buzzing through the streets of Moscow only a few meters above the ground, weaving between houses and factories, and rising to do purposeful stalls to recover in a truly spectacular fashion. These seem to be new planes; ones that the Red Army Air Force have been testing for almost a year. From his office balcony in the Kremlin, Joseph Stalin and Field Marshal Zhukov watch the spectacle, analyzing every twist, weave, and groan of the planes. Behind them is a man in an obsessively-pressed suit, who eagerly watches the reactions of the men in front of him. Once the display is finished, he speaks up.

"Well, sir, what do you think? Naturally, these are the hand-built prototypes-the mass produced versions won't fly this well, but there won't be too much of a drop-off in performance."

"Mmmm...Georgy?"

"They're surprisingly maneuverable for something that size...and I've seen their torture tests. Normal fighters and anti-air will have a lot of problems against them."

"I was highly impressed, Mr. Ilyushin. I think we have a new fighter for our army. What did you call it again?"

"The Shtrumovik, sir."

In Red Square, the pilots land in perfect wing formation and quickly disembark from their vehicles, standing in front of their respective planes. Each of them is at rigid attention as Stalin makes his way down to the Square.

"Excellent job, each of you. You are all proud sons of Mother Russia. As a reward, you will all be allowed to keep these planes during your service in our Air Force. I commission this wing the Arkangel Battle Group. Fight with pride!"

After his praises, he shakes the hand of each pilot, and personally sees to it that each of the fighters' is designated with a silhouette of a pair of wings over each of the fighters' Red Star insignia.

=====================

At a small cafe near Red Square, two men sit and enjoy a cup a coffee. Looking over a few foreign newspapers, they casually nod as admirers wave or greet the pair.

"Those Toughs pulled a good one, eh, Georgy? Maybe you should talk to Joe about hiring them."

"Stalin wouldn't hear of it, and quite frankly, neither would I. I don't think they can be trusted. The Italians thought they had them in there pocket, and then they turned and opened fire. They're jackals, Piotr, nothing more."

"Jackals that were able to push back the Italians, though."

"If they manage to even slow down the Wermacht, I'll be impressed. Between their Reichguard and those fanatics, I think the Allies are going to bite off more than they can chew."

An uncomfortable silence befalls the conversation. After a few moments of hesitation, Piotr speaks up.

"Is what they say true, Georgy? About that mess in Rome?"

"I don't know, Piotr, but I've never taken more comfort in knowing that the Vatican is still around than I have this past week. Even if that ritual did half the things they said it could...well, we might've had to throw it in before we fire a shot..."

"This world is changing too fast for this old man...you're brought up being told that the monsters under your bed aren't real, and then something like this..."

"Old man! Ha! You're not even into your forties yet, Piotr! But I do indeed empathize...If that's what the Nazis are pulling, do the Allies really have a chance?"

==GM Actions==Begin mass production of the Ilyushin-2 Strumovik fighter/bomber. Continue the glidetank project, and continue expanding the Paranormal Department. PM forthcoming about a few other projects.

Sternburg's MongoliaIf you'd like to purchase land in Mongolia, you may. Otherwise, I need to ask you to stop your campaigns against our friends.

The Reichguard"Eastern Block...it's time for you to come home. Mother Russia is calling.

--J. Stalin"

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-09, 09:18 PM
The Reichguard

To Soviet Russia
What does Mother Russia need and what side has she chosen?

puppyavenger
2009-10-09, 09:41 PM
USSR we have yet to engage in any offensive actions against your puppets, but point taken

what price do you wish

Theguy
Battle

the Mongol forces array against the republic were swiftly reinforced by raiding groups nearby. several units of "ghost Calvary" (pretty much occult spirits decked out like 12th century mongol's) swiftly begin riding at supernatural speeds to hit their camp and C&C.

a few divisions worth of conscripts armed with Japanese rifles form the main battle line while Sternberg's "elite" fanatics (his original followers...they can take several more bullets then normal, and you really don't want to get into hand to hand.) form up on the flanks. If the ghost warriors report that the enemy is of equal size or smaller and not very well armed, the begin a swift advance, with most logistical and artillery support being destroyed by the spirits.

If the battles unfavorable, withdraw and if they follow being regular partisan and guerellia attacks.

Kiren
2009-10-11, 01:44 PM
United States

The British
We here the axis has been hitting you hard, we can sell you arms and heavy weaponry to support your war, interested?

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-11, 03:03 PM
Japan to Germany
You offer wise counsel. Hong Kong will fall to the Imperial Army.

We have been planning just such an attack on American Pacific holdings. But our fleet is not yet ready. We'd rather not have the US enter the war until we are fully ready to deal with them.

Sweden to Denmark
It seems that we have no choice in the matter. We had hoped trade would be enough for Hitler, but we we're foolish to think so.

Better to enter in on our own terms than as an occupied state.

Sweden to Finland
We've just gotten word that Germany will use force to open our mines, if we refuse to join the Axis powers.

I'm not sure if Åland's fate is in either of our hands now.

You mentioned a secret alliance before. Is the offer still open?

Murska
2009-10-11, 03:09 PM
Finland

To Sweden:

Indeed, as we've been trying to say, the only way the Northern nations can really dictate their own diplomacy is by joining together.

We have entered talks with Germany about a closer level of cooperation between all of our nations, for we cannot rely on either the Allies or the USSR to help us in a war against them. You saw what happened to Norway.

If we can keep dictating our own policies, we can stay out of the disputes of the so-called superpowers. To do that, we need to reach a situation where nobody gains enough from attacking us for it to be worth the trouble they'll be in against both us and the other powers.

Us and Denmark should hold a meeting somewhere safe and concealed to discuss this further.

Handsome Dan
2009-10-12, 04:29 AM
Nazi Germany

To Finland :

I've been giving not so concealed threats about Sweden to Denmark, and I assume they will be passing the word on.

Denmark will be easier to pressure and Norway, will definatley join. The Alliance you can concoct will be yours, and help you that much more against the USSR.

- Adolf

To Denmark :

Of course, within your previous message you mentioned the sea, and I assumed you wished to protect your assets further from that front.

Very well, we will supply you with as many small arms as possible, if you can get Sweden to join this Nordic Alliance thing.

- Adolf.

To The Reichguard :

I'm laying a trap for the Allies in Northen Africa, be ready with your troops, I expect the Pact will want to respond to this. Any of them you take, you can have, I just want results.

- Adolf

GM only

Only 2 additional action's to the previous post :

Get any SS and other forms of infiltration working on getting into Finland or Denmark, and see what this "Nordic Alliance" is about.

Also get a trainload of old weapons, (not old WW1 ones, but ones that aren't as sophisticated as front line weapons at the moment) ready to transport, but don't send them yet and keep it under heavy guard : terrorists would like it.

Murska
2009-10-12, 09:27 AM
The Republic of Finland

The finnish president and his trusted advisors are looking over the recent messages sent back and forth.

"Hmm. I think it's time to gather a meeting to discuss this..."

Finland announces a meeting between the leaders of the nations of Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark and sends invites to each of them. The meeting shall take place in Turku(Åbo). The official stated goal of the meeting is to discuss the volatile situation of the world today and to propose methods of closer mutual cooperation between the countries present.

To GM: The meeting itself will be normally protected from espionage, but the leaders of the nations will have private conversations in a separate building which has the highest possible security measures against anyone finding out what they're talking about. It will even be difficult to find out where and why the leaders are going during these meetings.

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-12, 04:48 PM
End of Turn 2

In Turku, the Meeting of Nations takes place. Ranking government officials from Denmark and Scandinavia arrive to "Discuss the volatile situation of the world today and to propose methods of closer mutual cooperation between the countries present."

In Mongolia, there are continuing fighting between Republic forces and Sternberg's men. Sternberg seems to be gaining ground, barring outside interference, should be in control of the majority of Mongolia by spring.

In China Imperial forces grind to a halt as the Chinese armies become better equipped, with Soviet weaponry. In Northern China, Sternberg's bandits continue their raids, almost unmolested. China has yet to move forces from the front to protect against their predations.

Rome explodes in chaos. German aircraft fly over the city. An unusual occurrence, but not an alarming one, that is until they open fire on several government and military installations before flying off. A second wave comes not much later, this one intent on leveling the Vatican. It meets sporadic anti aircraft fire, but it's uncoordinated. Only two planes are shot down.

Many of the world's oldest christian monuments are destroyed. Hundreds of Priests and thousands of parishioners hide in the catacombs under the Vatican to avoid the attack. The Pope himself gave a sermon in St. Peter's Cathedral in front of thousands of faithful. Despite several bombing runs, the Cathedral was miraculously unharmed.

Following the bombing, hundreds of thousands of angry Catholics take to the streets rioting, expressing anti-German sentiment.

Mussolini has not yet released a statement regarding the incident. Many speculate that he cannot afford to either anger Nazi Germany with a condemnation or anger his overwhelmingly Catholic population by expressing anti-Vatican sentiments.

GM @ Germany
Attempts to gain information on both the Order of the Dragon and the "Nordic Alliance have so far proved fruitless.

GM@ Mongolia
Several of Outer Mongolia's elite have been swayed to your cause after the promise that the "Death tax" will not include them.

Vatican To Germany
If you make respiration for the damage you have cause the Holy Church I'm sure that this little accident can be cleared away. I say accident, because I'm sure it was one. No one in your elevated position would willfully add the entire Catholic world to his list of enemies.

If the Thule Society has a grievance with us let them take care of it themselves.

Spain to Germany
What the hell happened? Was it a failed training excise? A rouge anti-catholic general? What possible reason could there be for such an attack?

We have been close friends up until this point, and your assistance in the civil war was invaluable. But if you chose to make the Church your enemy, you can consider Spain your enemy as well.

The_JJ
2009-10-12, 07:59 PM
A film is distributed to the heads of the world.

It rolls off in grainy black and white, with a voiceover done by none other than Reed 'Newsreel' Johnson.

"Meet the brave men of the Tough's fighting Specialist Platoons!"

*The picture pans across a large group of men in a mess hall. A few wave at the camera*

"These men are the best of the best,"

*shot of some men in combat dress excersising*

"Equiped with the best,"

*shot of a man testing out a flamethrower. He is obviously pleased.*

"And led by the best. Let's meet these commanders now. First up, Sergeant Schlock."

*the same man again, this time hefting two anti-tank rifles a boom mike slips into the top of the screen*

"So Mister Schlock, what does you unit specialize in?"

"Well, each platoon is good at, well, everything, but us?"

*He turns to the side. The camera follows suit. There are several military cars lined up. There is a load crack, and then a car buckles spins. A fist size hole can be seen in the hood.*

"Mass destruction. Hold on, watch this. Flaregun."

*a bright light streaks in and ignites the gasoline puddleing beneath the car.*

"Neat huh?"

"Umm... look out for our next moviereel."

ArlEammon
2009-10-12, 08:25 PM
Japan and Vota
To Imperial Japan
Chinese individuals named Li Kung and Chung Lao are attempting to infiltrate Imperial Japan as Vota agents. Tojo has received a call from another Vota Operative, "General Tojo, we have two representatives who say they have come directly from Chaing Kai Shek. They are offering us valuable information about the mainland. I recommend that we send some of our agents to deal with them."

Dersess
2009-10-13, 11:42 PM
USSR

"Attacking the Vatican? He's either a moron or sure of his ability to take on any comers...It appears we aren't dealing with the rational man we thought we were."

"Sir, one has to bear in mind...if Britain does fall, the entire might of the Wermacht and their allies will be pointed straight at us. And our prospects of winning that war are slim at best."

"They'll be needing oil, soon...lots and lots of oil. And I don't think they wish to pay for it, either. However, the Pact still remains. They have given us no room in which to intervene without them declaring war on us. We either sit back and do nothing, or risk it all."

Stalin slumps in his chair, and cradles his head in his hand. Rubbing his temples, he pours himself a small glass of vodka.

"For now, we will wait. If Hitler doesn't bother us, then so be it. Until the re-equipping of our armies is complete, I'd like to avoid a war as much as possible.

If he picks a fight with us, well, then, so be it. But have a war be on his head, not mine."

LongVin
2009-10-13, 11:53 PM
OOC: Sorry for the delay in posting!

IC: With Egypt now secured and the routes of supply reopened to the south, a steady flow of troops from the North African Army are being deployed to East Africa to provide additional pressure on the British forces in Somaliland.

Positions in Albania and Greece are simply reinforcing their defensive positions with the arrival of troops from Italy(those who were originally destined for Africa but not deployed before the takeover of Egypt.) They are content to sit and wait for now.

@GM

With the Italian fleet in position around Malta, the military is prepared to launch an invasion to take the island.

In the first phase- The navy and airforce are going to conduct a heavy bombardment of the island.

Phase 2- Paratroopers based in sicily are going to conduct landings across the island to tie up British troops in dozens of hot spots.

Phase 3- Shortly after the paratrooper landing and while the British troops are engaging them an amphibious assault is going to be launched from the fleet and land the bulk of the invasion force on the island.

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-14, 06:28 PM
American Eugenic Society to Riechguard
We'd be more than happy to help. Especially if it can keep America out of the war.

GM to UliadOglaigh

A new end of turn post should come either later tonight or tomorrow. I'll post something about the People's Heros then. It'll take time to organize the group before they'll actually be able to take any offensive action's against the Pact.

@Handsome Dan

Since the player hasn't posted, I'd assume the answer to the ultimatum is no. If they don't post in a bit I'll start NPCing GB.

UliadOglaigh
2009-10-14, 08:27 PM
Reichguard

@ To the American Eugenic Society
Exellent it will be a pleasure working with you.

@ To the GM

Have my forces in Africa assist Axis forces on attacks ambushing British troops.

Thatguyoverther
2009-10-18, 02:23 PM
End of Turn 3

Great Brittan continues to prepare for the coming invasion. In the brief respite given them by the Luftwaffe, airstrips and planes are hastily repaired. Bomb shelters continue to be dug, and men and women prepare for what could be the final days of a free England.

Imperial Japanese forces storm into Hong Kong, meeting no resistance. British forces and nationals have already been evacuated for holdings in India. Thousands of natives also flee to avoid the tyrannical rule of the Japanese Empire.

In China the brutal deadlock between Japanese and Chinese forces continues. Neither side gaining ground despite the sacrifices of thousands.

With the deadlock, China sees it's first opportunity to put down some of the more troublesome warlords infecting it's borders. No troops have been sent into Mongolia yet, but the borders are defended against further incursion.

In Mongolia, Sternbergs forces and those of the Mongolian Army continue to clash, but with no decisive winner.

In America a new group is arising, the People's Heroes. They do nothing to disguise their sympathies for the Nazi cause. They've openly assaulted more villainous members of the Pact, claiming that they have yet to pay for their crimes, but so far have not managed to kill or capture any.

Months after the Vatican bombings, neither Itally or Germany has made an official statement. The Pope claims that it was a "Horrible, and regrettable mistake." but keen observers will note that neither he nor any Vatican officials have used the word accident.

In related news Spain has sent a contingent of troops to the Vatican at the Pope's request. Their stated mission is to "Protect and ensure the neutrality of The Church."

The "Teslaization" of the American military continues.

Japan @ VOTA
Tojo is originally reluctant to deal with the agents. Their information could just as likely prove to be a Chinese ruse. However after the latest stalemate, he is more open to try alternative methods to ensure the army's advance.

Great Brittian @ Germany
In response to Hitler's request for surrender, Churchill sends an autographed copy of the "We shall fight on the beaches" speech.

GM @ Sternberg's Mongolia
The Mongolian Aristocracy has put several agents in place and is prepared to kill the communist leaders in Mongolia.

Envoys to other groups meet with pretty much the same reaction as Japan. They don't want to deal with "another trumped up warlord,". Most likely reactions will change once Sternberg becomes the recognized ruler of Mongolia.

GM @ Thule Society
Thule agents in Eygpt manage to recover Tri-Colour's corpse and bring it back to Nazi Germany.

Despite the Vatican not being evacuated, a few minor relics are captured during the chaos. St. Peter's finger is amongst them.

If I forgot something, don't forget to yell at me.

LongVin
2009-10-18, 02:51 PM
OOC: Psst...you forgot my invasion of Malta

Kiren
2009-10-19, 06:48 PM
United states

The British
We hear the axis has been hitting you hard, we can sell you arms and heavy weaponry to support your war, interested?