PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Sure LOOKS like a badger...

Deth Muncher
2009-10-03, 01:55 PM
By now, we should all be familiar with the Summon Monster/Nature's Ally spells. What everyone might not be familiar with, however, is what fun things you can do with them: specifically, how to make them better. Not better in the "It kills you by looking at you" kind of way, although that may be a byproduct, but nay! I mean fun templates to be added to your summons! The two off the top of my head are Sand Form and Pseudonatural - Sand Form makes the creature completely formed from sand, and also a construct; pseudonatural makes it so that they do crazy tentacle-y things. What other superfun ones are there? I'd wager there's an Ice Form one too, since Frostburn and Sandstorm are basically the same book, just refluffed.

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-03, 02:03 PM
Just recalling a couple from Savage Species:

1. Winged. Giving anything wings automatically makes it better. Unless it already had them of course....

2. Insectile. Basically the same creature, but off colour and with a few extra arms. Which is also cool.

And my personal favourite

3. Gelatinous. Ever wondered what would happen if your pet Dire Boar fell in love with a Gelatinous Cube? Well now you can find out :smallbiggrin:

Sinfire Titan
2009-10-03, 02:07 PM
Improve the Celestial Badger to the point where it rivals Bibarel?

Rhiannon87
2009-10-03, 02:29 PM
Just recalling a couple from Savage Species:

1. Winged. Giving anything wings automatically makes it better. Unless it already had them of course....

"Put wings on a horse, you get a Pegasus. Put wings on a person, you get an angel. Put wings on a lizard, you get a dragon. Put wings on a hawk, and you get-- the double hawk."

Also, how do you go about applying said templates? I know you can get psuedonatural creatures via the Alienist PrC, but how would you summon sand or gelatinous creatures?

Starbuck_II
2009-10-03, 02:33 PM
"Put wings on a horse, you get a Pegasus. Put wings on a person, you get an angel. Put wings on a lizard, you get a dragon. Put wings on a hawk, and you get-- the double hawk."

Also, how do you go about applying said templates? I know you can get psuedonatural creatures via the Alienist PrC, but how would you summon sand or gelatinous creatures?

Summon Sand creature is a spell; just like Ice Beast (summon spell from Frostburn).

The spells use the old SM list but apply templates.

An alienist could in theory use Ice Beast or the sand one to get a Sand Psueodonatural creature. I mean they are the same list basically.

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-03, 02:37 PM

Perhaps up the level of spell used by the amount of LA the template gives?

eg. Summon Nature's Ally V could call you a Winged Lion (SNA3 +2LA)

I'm not familiar with the spells mentioned by Starbuck, so I don't know if this would work or not.

Deth Muncher
2009-10-03, 02:41 PM
Alienist gives you Pseudonatural, Gaara Sandshaper gives you Sand Creature. Other than that, idk.

Bayar
2009-10-03, 02:43 PM
Greenbound summoning. Good luck getting that allowed in your game.

Johel
2009-10-03, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KqjOGdOMtA&feature=related

Get him, Francis !!