PDA

View Full Version : No, I can't remember. (NWN 1 question)

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-03, 04:57 PM
I was going to play the NWN Diamond edition again, when I got the "Compatability error" message, again. I know I've asked this at least twice before (:smallredface:), but how can you run NWN 1 on Vista? I went to the Bioware forums, and didn't find anything helpfull.

I tried compatability mode, which didn't work, so anyone able to help?

Eloel
2009-10-04, 04:53 AM
I had the same problem. I believe it was either about the DirectX settings, or the gfx card driver. I remember doing something with both, and getting it to work.

Also, as a bonus, go to your NWN video folder, and delete the largest video in there (the minotaur-fighter battle cinematic that runs at the start of game) and copy-paste one of the smaller ones, and rename it. It saves you 2-3 minutes every time you want to run the game. (you can't ESC through the video in Vista)

SmartAlec
2009-10-04, 08:23 AM
If you're still having problems, and you're running a dual or quad-core machine, open nwnplayer.ini and make sure the line that begins Client CPU Affinity is set to 1. NWN can sometimes go squiffy if it's played on more than 1 CPU.

Thane of Fife
2009-10-04, 09:16 AM
I went to the Bioware forums, and didn't find anything helpfull.

Did you check this thread (http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=562889&forum=42)?

Willis888
2009-10-04, 09:39 AM
One common fix for old games on Vista is to open the properties dialog on all the executable files and check the box "Run as Adminsistrator".