PDA

View Full Version : FFX Dungeon Crawl IC

Sairyu
2009-10-03, 11:35 PM
OOC thread at: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7052708#post7052708

---

The lot of you are of the mercantile profession. Gripped by wanderlust and skilled with blade and magic, you wander the face of Spira selling your services and exterminating Fiends. What others might consider a terrifying struggle for their very lives is merely a means of putting food in your belly to you.

With the Eternal Calm having brought about, Sin is no more. Fiend activity has drastically decreased. Feeling safe and wishing to preserve the antiquated temples to the Fayth, the memory of the High Summoner who brought eternal peace, and not just a little bit of avarice, several merchants have moved into the Calm Lands and set up business. The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, once home to the vagrant Aeon Yojimbo, has been relegated to a mere tourist attraction.

Plagued by misfortune from its inception, various mercenaries, as well as the High Summoner herself, have been called upon to regulate Fiend activity. To no avail though, with Fiend activity has actually increasing! Even more troubling though are reports of an eerie chant echoing out from the cavern's depths at night.

Reluctant to further inconvenience the High Summoner, management has once more turned to those of the mercantile business to "solve" this problem once and for all. At least for the sake of PR.

---

The inside of the dungeon is dark. No torches grace the walls, but an ambient green light emanates from the ceiling. Some sort of crystal perhaps. The opening to the cave is 10 feet wide and about as tall.

---
Determine a Marching Order. Up to two people may enter at once.
---

Immediately, the place seems to brighten as you enter. Perhaps it was the contrast between the bright sun over the Calm Lands and the relative dark of the underground location, but you're able to see clearly now.

A steam of pyreflies brushes by, born along by a silent wind. Your attention, however, is diverted from the pretty, though slightly unnerving, spectacle by a low growl. 30ft away, two leopard like creatures advance on you, freakishly elongated whiskers twisted into multicolored ribbons which flutter upwards past their heads. One tenses as though to pounce while the other simply waits, an odd blue electricity arcing from 'whisker' to 'whisker'.

---
Initiative Order:
[23] Roman
[16] Fiend 2 ("sparking")
[15] Fish
[12] Fiend 1 ("pounding")
[12] Xen'Thega
[10] Dann
[10] Timon

Sensor Information
Coeurl #1 ("pouncing")
55hp, 130mp, 15AC, +9BAB, SA: Blaster/Blizzara/Drain/Silence/Thundara, SQ: Magical Beast Traits.

Coeurl #2 ("sparking")
68hp, 145mp, 15AC, +10BAB, SA: Blaster/Blizzara/Drain/Silence/Thundara, SQ: Magical Beast Traits.

DMBlackhart
2009-10-04, 02:06 AM
*&^#$(&@

@&$^%! Was his name. Unfortunately the others coulden't pronounce it, infact most anyone without as slippery a tounge as his could. Even other hypello had trouble with the odd collection of vowels. So "fish" as most in spira have come to call him, shortened his name in his tounge, and began writing it in a random gather of symbols, with no real relevence to his name. His large yellow eyes poured through the damp cave. Smelling the air, "fish" gives a strong sigh followed by a hum. " Sho nissh..."

Unfortunately fish and his partners were stopped just as the mouth of the cave moved past them. A pack of strange, crackling, electrical predetors stared them down, and fish made quick to not only jump behind the nearest, and tallest, team mate. But to also take the smaller-then-normal spiked blitzball out of his backpack. It was the prize among his arsenal, a series of steel spikes jutted from the ball, each with an arc of lightning corsing from the spikes, a low rumbling comming from the core. Unfortunately, a thought ran through "fish's" mind. *Crap... they use thunder too...

* Translated from hypello, also it's a thought, not speach

( im in the back of the back) ( plus I like being small sized. It makes me seem fiercer)

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-04, 07:43 AM
"Fiend activity's really outta hand if they're greeting us at the door!"*

After a light chuckle, Dann snaps his fingers. Immediately afterwards a longsword flashes into his hand.

"...and fish, could'ya step back a little? I'd hate to trip with you stuck to my leg like that."

After another chuckle he begins to stride slowly into the cave, waiting for the others to move before advancing seriously at the monsters.

(*-spoken in Al-bhed--I'd type it in al-bhed, but i think you guys'd get frustrated at me for writing in code ^_^)

Godna
2009-10-04, 02:03 PM
"I'll Take the Lead Here"

Greatsword at hand the Warrior moves to the front

My Sword has sensing and i Immediately take the time to shout out the statistics it gives me to the others.

"Would it kill you guys to use the common tongue? I've told all of ya a dozen times if i can understand ya I can't Protect you"

I am at the front of the party

"Careful these are Coeurls the once getting ready to pounce is the weaker of the two with only while the one that is sparking seems to be a bit more healthy. They aren't Remarkably difficult to hit if you know what you are doing. They can both cast any of the basic second tier elemental magic spells as well as a drain and their trademark blaster skill. I'd worry about the one about to cast if I were you fish"

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-04, 04:40 PM
From the middle of the group, the dark-robed Summoner peers over the shoulders of those in front of him. Stepping back a few feet, he raises one finger and pushes his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose from where they'd been sliding down. Hmm. I think we can handle these without any Aeon help. Still, don't get cocky.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-04, 05:26 PM
Roman, a somewhat athletic young man, walks into the cave without any attempt to hide himself. He wears a leather vest, and baggy pants, and other than his boots, that was it. His blue hair was kinda spiky and went right up.

Under one arm, he had a blitzball with a lightning bolt on it, and on either side, he had two more hanging in some sort of leather pouches. He's very much a showman, and very full of himself. "I'm an artist." he comments. "And the blitzball is the paintbrush. Now lets find me a good canvas."

He walks arrogantly as close to the front of the line as possible.

"Ho! Looky here! Anyone mind if I snag first bit o' action?!" He takes his blitzball, and tosses it to Dann and Timon. It's sort of a ritual for him. Check the ball for any defaults. (Not an action, it's how I designate the two who get the bonuses) "Alright, let's get this party started now!"

Running up to his full forty feet forward, he'll get within 10 ft of the pouncing on. "Take this Mr. Kitty." Upon coming to a stop, he tosses his ball up and kicks it mid air, sending it flying towards one Coeurl 1.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Godna
2009-10-04, 05:46 PM
Tch! Roman You got to be more careful before leaving your self open to potential attack. Oh Well. I'll stay I'll stay back here and protect "Master" Timon
The Warrior says the word with obvious Disdain. He begins to mutter to himself

Stupid Blitz Ball chucker wandering an entire forty feet away from us past the enemy its as if he wants to get killed
I'm designating Timon as the recipient of my guard.

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-04, 06:17 PM
Timon shoots the warrior a quizzical look over the rims of his glasses, as if to say, what'd I ever do to you?

The initiative boost puts Timon right after Roman.

Stepping forward quickly, the frail-looking Summoner moves forward to keep Roman within range of his healing spells and prepares himself to bring that power to bear at a moment's notice.

Holding an action to Pray after both enemies have acted.

Godna
2009-10-04, 06:34 PM
Ach! Dammit I didn't mean to offend you i just don't like the term master to refer to summoners

The Bald One hastily attemptes to ward off any ire

Sairyu
2009-10-04, 09:30 PM
Roman's blitzball smacks into one of the Coeurls, the tensed creature emitting a pained snarl as it refocuses it's attention onto him.

Perhaps sensing the other Fiend's plight, or perhaps sensing weakness, the second Coeurl acts. The Fiend's whiskers rise, arcing energy condensing into a hurtfully bright blue ball which then shoots forwards, careening wildly through the air before splashing against Roman' torso.

As if such an attack were not deadly enough, the previously attacked Fiend's whiskers rise as well, tendrils fluttering in an invisible wind. An instant later, the purpose of said action becomes clear as the air temperature around Timon suddenly careens into the negative spectrum. Glacial ice flash freezes about his person in the brief instant it takes for him to realize that a spell has been cast, only to shatter into jagged slivers as the Coeurl's magic fades.

---
Turn Information
I'm going to need a fortitude save DC16 versus petrification from Roman.

[roll0] Range touch to hit Timon.
[roll1] Blizzara damage.

I'll also need a fortitude save DC15 from Timon for 1/2 damage.
Fish acts before the second Fiend, but I'm posting it's turn action anyways.

You can (and should) all post though. :")

Initiative Order:
[23] Roman
[20] Dann
[20] Timon
[16] Fiend 2 ("sparking")
[15] Fish
[12] Fiend 1 ("pounding")
[22] Xen'Thega

Sensor Information
Coeurl #1 ("pouncing")
50/55hp, 122/130mp, 15AC, +9BAB

Coeurl #2 ("sparking")
68hp, 145mp, 15AC, +10BAB

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-04, 09:40 PM
[roll0]

If this doesn't work, Timon is already under 0 HP...but it did, so he's at 16 instead.

Activating Pray (held action) to heal 10 HP to everyone within 30'.

Godna
2009-10-04, 09:43 PM
Actually my init is still only 12 Dann got the other bonus not me
But my Action will be to simply Charge the closest of the two (idealy right between the two) and attack the one that casted a spell

[roll0] Melee Attack Roll
[roll1] Confirming a crit if it happens to occur
[roll2] damage

DMBlackhart
2009-10-04, 10:16 PM
So is it fishes go?

$%^&*

"Fish" reacts only seconds after the first coeurl lets loose it's attack. The cowardly amphibian's eyes seem to be filled with fear, but his body acts independantly, as it always did when he held a ball in his hand. From the times he was just a guppy kicking around spheres of rubber, to every moment in his life since he left the oceans, "fish" has been an unusual one.

The split personality comes forth, although "fish" is still gutless, he brings the spiked blitzball to the tip of his 4ft reach, just a half a foot above his head. "fish's" webbed hands, wrapped in leather, tosses the ball into the air, and as gravity does it's thing so does "fish". The small marine colored animal has a series of leather straps tied to each of his major joints/weak spots. The knees, elbows, hands, stomach, and forhead. And as the spiked, electrified ball falls to the earth, "fish" interrupts it with a swift and powerful headbutt.

The humming, crackling, metallically enhanced and enchanted "sports" tool begins ricoche-ing(sp?) around the cavern, knocking off walls, the floor, and each time striking at the coeurls. Each time the ball hits, or misses, and bounces back to "fish" he lets out a loud "croak", puffing out his yellow sak-cheeks, and strikes the ball again with a seperate part of his body.

Actions I have a 40ft range, so I am attacking them without moving an inch ( if I read the map right) I am using a full round action to attack the coeurl that attacked first.
1d20+12- First attack
1d20+7- Second
1d8;1d3;1d6+2- First damage
1d8;1d3;1d6+2- Second

Godna
2009-10-04, 10:22 PM
Actually my init is still only 12 Dann got the other bonus not me
But my Action will be to simply Charge the closest of the two (idealy right between the two) and attack the one that casted a spell

(1d20+14)[18] Melee Attack Roll
(1d20+14)[20] Confirming a crit if it happens to occur
(2d6+8)[19] damage

This happens now and the coeurl i struck must make dc 25 fort save or sleep for 3 rounds

May You Go into The Sleep Most Eternal DAMNED HELLCAT

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-04, 10:22 PM
"Ach, ignore me will you?" Dann taunts the fiends, "Let's just smash these into next week and get this over with!"

(moves forward 'till everyone's in range and uses cheer)

Sairyu
2009-10-05, 08:45 AM
Dann's words burn in your minds, igniting some hidden reserve of energy as you combat the cavern's unofficial greeting party. In contrast, a refreshing coolness settles over the party as Timon raises his hands in supplication, a psalm of praise for Yevon spilling from his lips.

Angling out from the gloom, a sparking blitzball veers into the Fiend's body, wicked spikes digging and gouging as it continues to spin while pressed against the monster's hind before snapping away and back to Fish's waiting hands. Not even a second later, Xen'Thega continues the assault with a savage cry, giving the beast no quarter as his blade bites deep into the already weakened Fiend. His weapon's wicked magic seeps into the creature's mental facilities and, though it manages to stave off the effect for a brief moment, it's hate fueled resistance fades and the Coeurl slumps to the floor with a toothy yawn.

Roman can only stare, his body turned to stone as his companions combat the Fiends. Briefly, his gaze slides over the second Coeurl and, even as it's whiskers begin to fall, he can smell the arid scent of ozone as somewhere, jagged bolts of lightning slam into one of his companions...

---
Turn Information
[roll0] Coeurl #1 Fort save versus sleep
[roll1] If it makes it's save, touch versus Xen'Thega
[roll2] Drain damage on Xen'Thega, Fort DC16 for 1/2 damage
[roll3] Second Coeurl ranged touch versus Roman (if petrification wears off), or on Fish if not, DC15 for 1/2 damage
[roll4] Thundara damage

Round 1
Roman deals 5 damage to Coeurl #1; +10 initiative to Timon, Dann
Dann buffs the party (Cheer)
Timon holds an action (Pray)
Coeurl #2 hits Timon with Blizzara spell, dealing 20 damage
Coeurl #1 receives 13 damage from Fish
Coeurl #1 casts Blaster on Roman, status: Petrified
Timon's held action (Pray) goes off, restoring 10hp to the party
Coerul #1 receives 20 damage from Xen'Thega, status: Sleep

Round 2 order
Roman is petrified, he misses his turn on round 2
Dann acts
Timon acts
Coeurl #2 casts Thundara on Fish
Fish acts
Coeurl #1 is asleep
Xen'Thega acts
Initiative Order:
[23] Roman (petrified)
[20] Dann
[20] Timon
[16] Fiend 2
[15] Fish
[12] Fiend 1 (sleeping)
[22] Xen'Thega

Sensor Information
Coeurl #1 (sleeping)
18/55hp, 122/130mp, 15AC, +9BAB

Coeurl #2
68hp, 137/145mp, 15AC, +10BAB

Godna
2009-10-05, 12:43 PM
"Let Sleeping abominations Lay! Focus our Efforts on its waking brethren and draw this to a close"

Xen'Thega's powerful Muscles Tense as he prepares to unleash a full attack upon the remaining threat

Power Attacking for 2
[roll0] First Attack Versus the still awake Coeurl
[roll1]
[roll2] Second Attack Versus the still awake Coeurl
[roll3]

edit that should be +15 and +10 i forgot to add my the bonus from my greatsword being a +1 and my weapon focus heh :smalleek: sorry

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-05, 02:31 PM
Slamming his staff into the ground hard enough to hold it upright, Timon quickly and efficiently casts two spells. One breaks the enchantment upon Roman, the other closes his own remaining wounds and leaves no evidence of the Coeurl's spell.

Double-Cast Esuna (5 MP) and Cure (4 MP).

That accomplished, he seizes his staff and pulls it free, ready to defend himself again.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-05, 06:37 PM
"I'll knock you into last week, ya furball!"

Rushes the *still-awake* coeurl and unleashes the power of his Delay Attack(8MP) with a follow-up strike as well.

If my melee attack lands succesfully, the coeurl has to make a DC 15 (10 + 5 [1/2 class lvl] + 0[charisma mod]) will save to resist taking a -5 initiative penalty for the next round.

The second attack is just a normal attack.

Also, I'm designating the *still-awake* coeurl for my dodge feat

DMBlackhart
2009-10-05, 06:44 PM
I am totally lost on initiative, so I will post now incase it is my turn... I think it is

(oops forgot this...)

[roll0]

Fish squeels a raspy, squelching kind of squeel as the lightning hits him. Sure he was able to throw off most of the pain, but it still hurt like hell. And it dident help that his skin was so moist, and welcoming to the elements.

Fish watches as the blitzball strikes the coeurl, and continues to richochete, despite the multiple spikes protruding from the center. As soon as the ball drops, or comes back to him, the small hypello grabs it, lifting it over his head, and prepares to throw it again. The sphere cracklings with electricity as it is thrown into the fray once more.

Attack rolls if nescessary, and damag following it.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
(since my ball bounced back I can just use a full round attack)
* second attack in the OoC

Godna
2009-10-05, 06:46 PM
"Great Thinking Dann! I Didn't Like the way it was looking at our friend Frog by delaying that Basterd until I'm able to take it out you might have just saved our friend Frog"

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-05, 06:58 PM
"Let's save the thanks until after these are outta the way."

Sairyu
2009-10-05, 07:18 PM
Dann darts forwards, longsword slicing, a ghostly afterimage following the path of his swing. Opening up a wound on the Coeurl's flank, he follows up with a thrust, driving his blade once more into the wound just created and causing the creature to yowl with pain.

Elsewhere, Timon casts a duet of spells. Blue light surrounds the summoner, removing the damage he'd sustained just moments ago, and a dollop of shining aquamarine light shines from above, Roman's petrified body returning to flesh and blood.

The blitzball fires away once more, gouging and tearing into the Coeurl before rebounding towards Fish. Even the brief moment of weakness this creates is sufficient for Xen'Thega, who capitalizes fully on the creatures' lapse in concentration, disemboweling the Fiend with a brutal pair of horizontal strikes. The creature's eyes close even as loopy coils of slick gray matter tumble from it's belly, whatever willpower it might have called upon to resist the Sleepstrike enchantment succumbing to the pain.

---
I'm assuming you coup de grace the sleeping Coeurls and collect your loot?

Turn Information
[roll0] Will save versus delay
[roll1] Fort save versus sleep #1
[roll2] Fort save versus sleep #2

Round 2
Roman (petrified)
Dann deals 12 damage to Coeurl #2
Timon (Doublecast: Esuna, Roman; Cure, Self)
Coeurl #2 casts Thundara on Fish, dealing 27 damage
Fish deals 10 damage to Coeurl #2
Coeurl #1 is asleep
Xen'Thega deals 39 damage to Coeurl #2 (Sleep)
---

You stand triumphant as the Coeurls wash away in a stream of pyreflies. The cavern seems to glow a bit brighter, though it might be just a figment of your imagination, elation from a victory well earned.

As you take more time to survey your surroundings, you notice that there's a green glyph in the center of the ground, though it isn't active (teleporter). The room's walls and floor are composed of intricately carved stone, much befitting the tomb of a Fayth, though the designs are somewhat worn by time. The ceiling shines with some sort of luminescent crystal and if you look hard enough, you deign to believe that you can see Pyreflies dancing within.

There are two exits from the room, the entrance to the cavern, and a corridor which leads to the right.

---
Loot
You're able to collect the following:
66gp
Soft

Godna
2009-10-05, 07:36 PM
"Eternity Beckons! Don't Let Make it Wait"

Xen'Thega Uses his Greatsword as one might use a Guillotine and Cleaves off the first fiends head

Coup De Grace on the the first one we put to sleep

Damage roll is in the OOC thread

Damage Total: 76

edit: you only knew that cause you edited after this post :*(

I'll Call Dibs on the soft my pillow got hit by a cockatrice the other day and i'll need one to thaw it out.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-05, 10:30 PM
"I'm going to check out that corridor over there," *points to the right* "I'll be back shortly."

Dann snaps his fingers (effectively sheathing his longsword) walks towards and into the right-hand corridor, wary of further encounters.

Godna
2009-10-05, 11:10 PM
Don't go On ahead with out us... Damn It too late

Xen'Thega follows quickly after Dann

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-05, 11:15 PM
Shrugging his shoulders at Fish, Timon follows after the others at a walking pace.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-06, 08:52 AM
Roman walks with the others like he was never petrified.

Godna
2009-10-06, 12:11 PM
Since No one has posted yet I guess i'll lead and i investigate that little dead end side branch before entering the next large room.

Sairyu
2009-10-06, 06:59 PM
As you move down the corridor, movement off to the right catches your eye, drawing your notice to a large quadruped shrouded in gloom. Though the main corridor itself is well lit by the ambient lighting provided by the ceiling crystals, the side passage remains curiously dark, the ceiling crystals in that area not glowing at near the intensity of those directly overhead.

Looking closer reveals that the creature is covered with thick red scales. Though it seems dragon-like, it's wings do not protrude from its back. Instead, a pair of minuscule bat-wing-like appendages sprout from the sides of its head. Flames lick from out from its nostrils as it paws the ground, muscular tail swishing from side to side.

Almost as an afterthought, your attention is drawn to a bright red box, trimmed with a gaudy yellow design and located behind the creature...

---
Sensor Information
Nidhogg
90hp, 58mp, 17AC, +10BAB, SA: Breath, Slow, SQ: DR 5/-, Animal Traits.

Spot checks if you're looking closer, don't open the spoilers unless you make the DC!

DC 25
Something glints in the darkness over the Nidhogg and your instincts warn you that something is amiss. Best then to proceed with caution.

DC 30
Your attention is drawn to two floating creatures positioned above and slightly behind the Nidhogg. Their bodies are glyph-like in a way reminiscent of yellow elementals. As they slowly rotate in place, you can't help but find your attention drawn away from their matte black forms. If they've noticed you, their lack of features makes it nearly impossible to discern.

Sensor Information
Dark Element #1
61hp, 155mp, 19AC, +9BAB, SA: Bio/Blizzara/Watera/Fira/Thundara/Drain/Osmose,/Reflect, SQ: DR 9/magic, Elemental traits.

Dark Element #2
67hp, 152mp, 19AC, +9BAB, SA: Bio/Blizzara/Watera/Fira/Thundara/Drain/Osmose,/Reflect, SQ: DR 9/magic, Elemental traits.

Godna
2009-10-06, 08:21 PM
I Don't even need to roll i can make either check but im gonna anywya XD
[roll0]

"This one is alone that means we can take it out fast!"

[roll1]Inititive

Have at you Foul Beast! You'll Soon taste my Steely Blade"

Xen'Thega Charges at the Nidhogg Fury in his eyes

Full Round action charge at Nidhogg (+2 to attack for charge)
Power attacking for 3
[roll3] Attack roll
[roll2] Confirming crit if applicable
[roll4] Damage

Jesse Drake
2009-10-06, 08:48 PM
Before rushing into battle, Roman tosses his blitzball to Xen'Thega and Fish, giving them a boost to initiative. Then he gets ready to fling his blitzball at one of them. [roll0] Initiative

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-06, 09:37 PM
Sighing to himself, Timon pokes the end of his staff into the ground to hold it upright and places his hands together to pray.

[roll0]

Also incapable of making either spot roll. Even somebody who specialized in Spot would have a hard time making those DCs.

Regardless of initiative order, holding action to cast a Esuna or Cure if somebody gets hurt.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-06, 11:23 PM
"I knew I smelled treasure! Though the big ugly in the way make things troubleso--ah whatever, just smash through it and go!"

Dann rushes the nidhogg and attacks twice

Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Crit confirmation (if applicable):
[roll2]
[roll3]
Damage:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Sairyu
2009-10-07, 09:09 AM
Roman's Blitzball crashes into the Nidhogg's thick scales, the hard leather ball bashing it over the eye but accomplishing little beyond scuffing its hide. Almost derisively, it snorts, flames licking out from its maw as it whirls about, vainly trying to find the source of its annoyance and unable to notice the two Spirans moving towards it.

Leading the charge is Xen'Thega, greatsword held high in anticipation of a killing blow. Clearing the distance between the party and the Fiend in a flash, the double handed stroke is interrupted as frozen shards erupt in a glittering fountain directly in behind the charging Ronin. Even as he staggers, a ten thousand degree flare of heat and light explodes about him, turning his world white and blue as he is engulfed in a hideous amalgamation of pain and suffering.

Seeing his companion's plight, Timon directs the focus of his attention, as well as his curative magic, unto Xen'Thega, blue light coalescing about him like holy armor and alleviating his pain.

Darting around the twin spells, Dann strikes the dragon-like creature twice, sword hacking at tough scales but achieving minimal penetration, thick ichor splattering through the air from what wounds he does manage to inflict.

---

If Xen'Thega is still up,

Struggling back to his feet, the Ronin fights on, using the sensation of pain to further sharpen his focus. With a piercing battle cry, he takes a half step, crossing his legs briefly before spinning about, sword arcing over his body and crashing into the blind Nidhogg with all the force of an enraged Behemoth.

Ichor geysers out and the Fiend stumbles back with an agonized roar, still frantically searching for, but unable to find, its tormentors...

---
Surprise Round Information

[roll0] Fira ranged touch
[roll1] Blizzara ranged touch
[roll2] Fira damage, Fort DC15 for 1/2 damage
[roll3] Blizzara damage, Fort DC15 for 1/2 damage
[roll4] Nidhogg Fort save versus sleep

DC15 spot check to notice the DEs.
Initiative Order
[34] Fish
[26] Xen'Thega
[21] Dann
[16] Roman
[14] DE1
[9] Nidhogg
[8] DE2
[3] Timon

Sensor Information
Nidhogg (Blind, 0/1)
If Xen'Thega drops from the readied spells:
82/90hp, 58mp, 12AC, +10BAB, SQ: DR 5/-.
Else:
43/90hp, 58mp, 12AC, +10BAB, SQ: DR 5/-.

Dark Element #1
61hp, 147/155mp, 19AC, +9BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Dark Element #2
67hp, 144/152mp, 19AC, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Edit: DMTibernus, write out Fish's actions for both your surprise and normal rounds when you post.

Godna
2009-10-07, 12:35 PM
"I will not let Hell claim me Today, but If I'm going down...I'll Not go alone I'm taking you to hell with me!

Power attacking for 6
Full attacking against Nidhogg
[roll0] First Attack
[roll1] Crit if needed
[roll3] Second Attack
[roll2] Crit if needed

[roll4] 1st attack
[roll5] 2nd attack

edit: that second attack should be +5 not +10 so it equals 13
Assuming that he had a +3 dex modifier and the -2AC from blind: The Blind status effect should reduce his AC down to 12 mean both were hits

If It died

"I did It!...alright...That Hurt...I'll just go ahead and say it. If we ever run into one or more of these beast again, I advise we use a summon or something because I don't think we can handle too many more like that. Can i get a heal here while I'm at it?"

If It yet Lives

"Can i suggest that we break out the heavy firepower?"

DMBlackhart
2009-10-07, 12:39 PM
Fish was content for a moment, just before this new group of "foes" turned up. Combat wasen't anything new to the spinless amphibian, but that never made it any easier on him. After fish finally comes out of cowering behind what looked to be a pile of dirt smaller then himself, he lifts his blitzball up high, doing the one thing he is good at, tossing tough leathery spheres at things bigger and stronger then him.

^&$#@#&^ *

"Fish" begins gibbering madly in his native hypello tounge. Most of his words being miss-pronounced due to the lack of a body of water.

Finally the blitzball is unleashed, and soars straight for the nidhogg**. The buzzing crackling spiked ball richochetes a couple times before it actually manages to hit it's target.

The entire time "fish" can't seem to redirect his attention from the crystals, shining objects always had that effect on him.

* Hypello, it's just what he gibbers before he uses any of his magic enhancements to his blitzball
** if it is still alive

My round(s) Surprise round he is busy cowering... :p
His turn he grows some "Blitz Balls" and stands up to the enemies. Using a full round attack, swift action to make one of the attacks a sleep attack (5mp).

Attack Rolls
[roll1]

Damage Rolls [roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

-

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll1d3

(DC 14 fort save or sleep if the first attack hits)

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-07, 03:34 PM
For the Next Round:

Quickly jamming his staff into the ground, Timon sends a wave of healing energy washing over his injured companion.

Cast Cura @ Xen
[roll0] hit points healed.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-07, 10:42 PM
"Those could be trouble--I guess it's time to step up the pace a little"

Dann tunrs and casts Haste on Timon.

"Timon, make sure we don't get ourselves killed here!"

After a slight chuckle, Dann positions himelf between the dark elementals and the others, attempting to draw their attention.

(designating the DE on the... right, I guess, for my dodge feat)

Godna
2009-10-08, 06:35 AM
"Thanks for the heal Timon, but Uhh... What are you doing Dann? The monster is dead right?"

I still haven't made a spot check successfully. I don't think you've rolled one either Tobi.
None the less thanks for protecting me at the moment.

Sairyu
2009-10-08, 10:09 AM
The Nidhogg keels over, slain before it could even attempt to mount even a semblance of defense. As its corpse slumps to the side, color rapidly drains from the body as it dissolves, pyreflies streaming towards the ceiling and illuminating the area as they migrate into the ceiling crystals.

As the area becomes more well lit, you notice a pair of floating forms, glyph-like bodies sinister silhouettes under the overhead illumination. Sudden understanding fills you as you understand now the source of the earlier elemental bursts. Even as you begin your scramble to deal with the new threat, the two Dark Elementals float downwards, taking up positions behind where the Nidhogg used to stand.

Abruptly, the creatures begin to spin, bodies forming strange runes as white-hot flares of magic bombard those unfortunate enough to be standing near to them.

---
Turn Information
[roll0] DE1 range touch
[roll1] DE2 range touch
[roll2] Watera damage
[roll3] Thundara damage

Round 1
Fish deals 13 damage to Nidhogg
Xen'Thega slays Nidhogg
Dann casts Haste; Timon +10 Initiative
Roman acts
DE#1 casts Fira on Dann, dealing 61 damage, fort DC14 for 1/2 damage
Timon acts
DE#2 casts Fira on Xen'Thega, dealing 48 damage, fort DC14 for 1/2 damage

DC5 spot check to notice the DEs
Initiative Order
[34] Fish
[26] Xen'Thega
[21] Dann
[16] Roman
[14] DE1
[13] Timon
[9] Nidhogg
[8] DE2

Sensor Information
Dark Element #1
61hp, 139/155mp, 19AC, +9BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Dark Element #2
67hp, 136/152mp, 19AC, +9 BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-08, 10:24 AM
[roll0] Spot Check

Godna
2009-10-08, 01:21 PM
Watch me roll a 1

[roll0]spot

"This is gonna hurt a lot...Unless...Roman try silencing or blinding them"

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-08, 08:23 PM
spot:
[roll0]

"Ugh, these. So hard to kill without a mage"

Godna
2009-10-08, 11:20 PM
"Not True My friend, As You will soon see assuming of corse that I survive to do so, but if not my sword is enchanted and as such should cut through these bastards protection from mundane weapons"

Assuming I survive

Xen'Thega silently walks forward towards the dark fiend that cast so recently endangered his life. Even behind his crimson tinted glasses you can see the silent tempest of fury billowing just beneath the surface. The tall muscular man of clear nomadic heritage stops just before his prey. He Gazes upon the pathetic Creature with obvious contempt before suddenly turning ninety degrees to the right in order to point at it's Companion, and speaking calmly.

"Watch now you hellish creature. Witness now the fate of those of your kind whom deem it appropriate to prey upon those still living. Watch and know your fate"

He leaves his hand there pointing for a brief while there after before turning to face the creature before him once again.

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-08, 11:51 PM
[roll0]

"If you don't have a black mage...summon one!"

Reaching for his waist, Timon open a book that hangs from his belt by a strip of leather. Opening it, he mutters the prayer that summons Valefor, the Winged Fayth.

A rift of blinding light opens in the cavern wall just above the battlefield, and through it bursts a winged creature of bizarre composition. Brightly plumed like the most exotic bird, nevertheless it has the talons and eyes of a dragon - a strange amalgamation of parts that somehow manages to be beautiful.

The rules aren't specific...I believe summoning is a free action, allowing the monster to act on your turn. Is that the case?

Jesse Drake
2009-10-09, 07:16 AM
Roman takes a five foot step towards the second dark elemental (the one attacking Xen) and unleashes a full strike. The first one aims to silence. Must make a DC 19 Fort Save if hit. [roll0][roll1][roll2] for [roll3][roll4][roll5]

Juggling his three balls, Roman picks the first out of the air and launches it at the Dark elemental. With a searing light, the creature finds it may be hard to speak. But that's not all. He takes a second one, and lobs it right at the fiend, hitting just a little softer than before. Then a third one comes falling from juggling rotation... he kicks that one, creating a bigger impact than the other two.

Sairyu
2009-10-09, 09:24 AM
Blitzballs shatter the Dark Elemental's concentration. First one hits, then another, then yet another; leaving the creature unable to orient itself, much less cast any spells.

Though the elemental targeting Xen'Thega is disabled, its companion is not. With retributive vengeance, it does its level best to incinerate Dann and even the odds.

In flash of divine light, the holy Aeon Valefor appears, wings spread wide in a halo of utter magnificence. Scintillating feathers glow with inner power as the Fayth awaits its summoner's guidance.

Just when things are starting to look up though, a trio of Fiends enters the fray - two dropping on Roman and a single one somehow managing to bypass the protective summoning wards about Timon. Their bites burn with toxic potency and as you look about, you note that the cowardly Fish has fled!

---
Turn Information

Yowies enter combat at the bottom of round 1. As new entries into the combat, I believe that puts their initiative on top of the order (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). They enter from the upper portion of the cave, appearing near Roman and Timon.

[roll0] Yowie #1 on Roman, miss
[roll1] Yowie #2 on Roman, hit
[roll2] Yowie #3 on Timon, hit
[roll3] will save to attack Timon, if fails, goes on Valefor
[roll4] Yowie #1 damage on Roman
[roll5] Yowie #2 damage on Roman
[roll6] Yowie #3 damage on Timon/Valefor

So that's 5 damage on Roman, 7 on Timon, and a Fort save DC13 against Mute from both of them. Dann still needs to make his save to avoid eating 61 damage.
Initiative Order
[x] Yowie #1
[x] Yowie #2
[x] Yowie #3
[26] Xen'Thega
[21] Dann
[16] Roman
[14] DE1
[13] Timon
[9] Nidhogg
[8] DE2

Sensor Information
Dark Element #1 (Daze 0/3)

Dark Element #2 (Silence 0/3)
52/67hp, 136/152mp, 19AC, +9 BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Yowie #1
27hp, 60mp, 14AC, +5BAB, SA: Mute/Petrify, SQ: Animal traits

Yowie #2
31hp, 41mp, 14AC, +5BAB, SA: Mute/Petrify, SQ: Animal traits

Yowie #3
25hp, 45mp, 14AC, +5BAB, SA: Mute/Petrify, SQ: Animal traits

Godna
2009-10-09, 11:58 AM
"Focus upon the Yowie first! These Dark Elementals can not interfere as they are now."

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-09, 03:23 PM
((From previous round...))

In a masterful display of concentration, Timon turns and casts a spell to heal Xen even as the great Aeon Valefor rears back and unleashes a blast of lightning at the Fiend closing in on his summoner.

Cura @ Xen
[roll0] healed.

Thunder @ Yowie 3
[roll1]

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-09, 03:24 PM
[roll0]
And requires Fort DC 18 for half.

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-09, 03:56 PM
Stupid dice-roller.
[roll0]
Fort save DC is 18.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-09, 11:34 PM
"Haw jeez--more fiends already?"

Dann rushes to Timon, hacking at the yowie to keep it away from the summoner

(full atack with two Delay Attacks(16MP), targeting the yowie im attacking for my dodge feat)

the yowie has to make two DC 15 will saves or take -5 initiative for each one he fails, if the attacks hit in the first place. rolling the attack info in the ooc thread.

Godna
2009-10-11, 10:54 AM
Has this died?

Jesse Drake
2009-10-11, 10:56 AM
I'm here. Come on, oh, here. *Uses phoenix down on thread*

Sairyu
2009-10-11, 12:31 PM
Noticing the approaching Fiends, Timon directs his Aeon's attention towards the one attempting to sneak up on him. Moments later, the creature is struck by a massive electrical discharge, simply ceasing to exist as the bolt erases its presence on Spira, leaving only a cloud of pyreflies to mourn its passing.

Undaunted, however, by the unfortunate demise of one of their own, the other two creatures leap unto Roman, biting and scratching. Though their attack leaves little damage, they continue to bite at the blitzballer, who deftly evades their attempts to damage him.

Coming to the defense of his ally, Dann slices one of the Yowies, the creature looking slightly dazed after each attack. Though it recovers quickly, its movements have slowed and it wobbles on its feet, seemingly punch drunk in the middle of combat.

Floating off to the side, one of the dark elementals spins wildly, body gyrating into various runic symbols which fail to produce even a single spark of magical energy. Meanwhile, the other elemental hovers, cowed by Xen'Thega's threats of physical violence.
---
Turn Information

[roll0] initiative for Yowie #2
[roll1] will save versus delay attack 1
[roll2] will save versus delay attack 2
[roll3] attack roll from Yowie #1 on Roman
[roll4] attack roll from Yowie #2 on Roman
[roll5] damage 1
[roll6] damage 2

Dann STILL needs to make a fortitude save DC15 to avoid taking 61 damage. If he hasn't done so by the next time I post, he will be considered to have automatically failed the save.
Initiative Order
[x] Yowie #1
[26] Xen'Thega
[21] Dann
[16] Roman
[14] DE1
[13] Timon
[8] DE2
[2] Yowie #2

Sensor Information
Dark Element #1 (Daze 1/3)

Dark Element #2 (Silence 1/3)
52/67hp, 128/152mp, 19AC, +9 BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Yowie #1

Yowie #2
17/31hp, 41mp, 14AC, +5BAB, SA: Mute/Petrify, SQ: Animal traits

Godna
2009-10-11, 04:03 PM
Xen'thega follows his verbal assault with a physical one

[roll2]1st attack
[roll1]2nd attack
[roll0]Crit confirm if needed
[roll3]Crit confirm if needed

[roll4]1st attack
[roll5]2nd attack

edit: This is done upon the dark elemental I'm closest too (the silent one)

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-11, 04:25 PM
Turning away from the dispersing cloud of pyreflies that is all that remains of its first target, the mighty Aeon fixes its gaze on the second elemental and pauses as if in recognition. The moment passes, however, and magical fire gathers at Valefor's beak before blasting out into the darkness.

Below, Timon prays.

Bonus Standard: Pray. Everyone heals 10 HP.

Valefor targets the dazed elemental with an Empowered Fire. (x3 MP cost)

[roll0]
[roll1]
Fort save DC 18.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-11, 07:29 PM
On his turn, Roman will use aim, giving everyone a +2 bonus to attack rolls. "Come on guys! Focus! These guys are nothing!"

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-11, 11:31 PM
(Dann STILL needs to make a fortitude save DC15 to avoid taking 61 damage. If he hasn't done so by the next time I post, he will be considered to have automatically failed the save.)

my apologies. here's the roll:
[roll0]

Dann casts Haste on himself.

Sairyu
2009-10-12, 12:12 PM
Continuing with their fruitless quest, the Yowies continue to leap about Roman, nipping at his heels and yet again failing to deal damage. The Dark Elementals continue to gyrate madly to no visible effect, and the party acts once again, having seized the flow of battle with a few well used abilities.

---
Turn Information
[roll0] Yowie #1 attack on Roman
[roll1] Yowie #2 attack on Roman (though I doubt it'll get to do so)
[roll2] damage 1
[roll3] damage 2
[roll4] Fortitude save versus empowered Fire

Round 3 Information
Yowie #1 attacks Roman
Xen'Thega bashes at the silenced Dark Elemental
Dann casts haste on himself
Roman casts Aim
DE1 is still dazed
Valefor casts fire on the dazed Dark Elemental
Timon uses Pray
DE2 is still silenced
Yowie #2 attacks Roman

Round 4 Information
Yowie #1 attacks Roman
Xen'Thega acts
Dann acts
Roman acts
DE1 is no longer dazed after this round
Valefor acts
Timon acts
DE2 is no longer silenced after this round
Yowie #2 attacks Roman

So Dann makes the fortitude save and takes 30 damage, 10 of which is removed in retrograde by Timon's Pray ability. The dark elemental also (barely) makes its fortitude save, taking 30 damage from the empowered fire spell.
Initiative Order
[x] Yowie #1
[26] Xen'Thega
[21] Dann
[16] Roman
[14] DE1
[13] Timon
[8] DE2
[2] Yowie #2

Sensor Information
Dark Element #1 (Daze 3/3)
31/61hp, 139/155mp, 19AC, +9BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Dark Element #2 (Silence 3/3)
22/67hp, 120/152mp, 19AC, +9 BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Yowie #1

Yowie #2
17/31hp, 41mp, 14AC, +5BAB, SA: Mute/Petrify, SQ: Animal traits

Godna
2009-10-12, 12:24 PM
Xen'thega Finishes his victim

[roll0]attack
[roll1]Crit if needed

[roll2] Damage

moves onto the next Dark Elemental Intent on fulfilling his own proclaimed prophecy of impending doom upon the enemy

My current hp is 54/70 and im right in front of the dazed one

Jesse Drake
2009-10-12, 12:26 PM
Taking a step back, then unleashes a barrage of blitzballs at the yowie 2. "Yowie, that almost got me! Now time for sleepy time Mr. Monster!"

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] -5 on this one, sorry. [roll3][roll4][roll5], make a dc 19 fort save or go to sleep.

Godna
2009-10-12, 12:40 PM
OOC
Jeese Drake: You forgot your plus +2 from aim and the +2 str and dex from cheer. So you get a +1 damage for your thrown blitzballs

"The Fight shall yet be ours! Just take out the last yowie. I have this Fiend countered for it can not cast with me here for it would leave its self open for swift retribution from me."

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-12, 05:15 PM
Continuing to pray while his Aeon throws spells around the battlefield, Timon is a valley of calm amidst the rushing of the battle.

Bonus Action: Pray - Heals 10.

Valefor casts Fire (unempowered this time) at the same target.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Fort save DC 18

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-12, 11:09 PM
Dann uses his newfound alacrity to cast haste on both the ronin and the blitzer, tipping the battle even more in our favor.

(bonus action-cast haste on Roman, regular action-cast haste on Xen)

Sairyu
2009-10-13, 09:30 AM
Xen'Thega finishes his Dark Elemental with a lazy stroke of his blade, its partner perishing in a burst of divine fire moments later. Timon's prayers continue in the background, a balm for the party's wounds.

Dodging the frenzied Yowies, Roman snaps a blitzball into one, sending the punch drunk creature sprawling to regain its equilibrium. Before it can recover, he punctuates the assault with another pair of blitzballs, hammering the creature's skull into green and red paste as it slumps to the ground, handily defeated.

Finally to add insult to the very obvious injury going on, Dann casts haste on both Xen'Thega and Roman, practically ensuring that the final Yowie will be unable to act again.

---
Turn Information
[roll0] Fort save versus Fire
[roll1] Fort save versus Sleep Never mind, you did enough damage to kill it.
[roll2] Yowie #1 attack on Roman
[roll3] Bite Damage
[roll4] DE1 ranged touch attack on Valefor
[roll5] Thundara damage on Valefor

I really doubt the Fiends are going to get to act, but I rolled for their actions anyways.

Edit: I just realized that I've neglected to add the +10 initiative from Haste to Timon until now. Oh well... water under the bridge right guys?
Initiative Order
[36] Xen'Thega
[31] Dann
[26] Roman
[26] Yowie #1
[23] Timon
[14] DE1
[8] DE2
[2] Yowie #2

Sensor Information
Dark Element #1
31/61hp, 139/155mp, 19AC, +9BAB, SQ: DR 9/magic.

Yowie #1

Godna
2009-10-13, 10:26 AM
"...Hmm I guess you can change your fate, but in the end the result was the same."

Xen'Thega turns to face the new enemy

"Though it is not my place to decide...You have interfered in our mission and thus shall be summarily executed"

Xen'thega moves with surprising speed charging straight infront of the creature and dispatching it with great speed(Charge)

[roll1]1st att
[roll0]crit if needed
[roll3]2nd attack (extra action)
[roll2]crit if needed

[roll4]Damage 1st attack
[roll5]Damage 2nd Attack
Wow lol i tend to deal the same damage when ever i attack twice with the same rolls a 3 and 4 earlier and now two sets of 6 1

37 first attack (killed it)
74 (over killed it)
111 damage total

Sairyu
2009-10-13, 07:53 PM
Once more the area is bathed in pyreflies as you cut down half as many Fiends as seconds have passed. As the pyreflies dance about, you can't help but notice how they all travel upwards and into the ceiling crystals, providing illumination to the area as they become trapped in the precious stone.

As you gaze over the area of your most recent battle, your attention is drawn to a trio of golden needles formed from the crystallized essence of the defeated Yowies. A small stack of the universal currency known as Gil sits in a messy, but small, pile, next to the Softs.

Moving over to the large orange and gold box, you kick the treasure chest open, ready to reap the fruits of your labors.

---
Loot
You're able to collect the following:
106gp
Soft x3

From the treasure chest:
2 Ethers, 200gp

Jesse Drake
2009-10-13, 07:58 PM
Roman kicks his ball into the air and laughs. "They didn't stand a sporting chance." Then he looked around. "Where'd frog go?"

Godna
2009-10-13, 08:13 PM
"These crystals... They are interfering in the natural order. Their Souls Must be allowed to seek freedom"

Xen'thega Grips his sword tightly gritting his teeth.

"No Wonder the fiends attacks have been getting more numerous We must Smash thoose Crystals"

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-13, 10:53 PM
"well, there's that, and even if those arent the scource those pyreflies are starting to look a little cramped in there."

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-13, 11:19 PM
With the battle won, the Aeon disappears into the wall from which he appeared. Timon continues to pray for a few moments, then steps up to look at the crystals. "I don't know...that does seem odd. Roman, can you hit those crystals from here? Try breaking a few - see what happens."

Jesse Drake
2009-10-13, 11:28 PM
Roman nods, then tosses his blitzball up towards one of them. [roll0] Okay, let's see how this goes, not taking any penalties that may apply due to distance.

Godna
2009-10-14, 12:48 AM
"If only you hadn't dismissed the summon we couldn't have ridden it up to the cieling...summon...Hmmm Timon You wouldn't happen to know how to do perform a sending would you? I seem recall that summoners are typically trained how to perform the sending ritual. Perhaps, that might be able to ease their passage"

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-14, 03:31 AM
"The Aeon leaves once its battle is over. I can't make it stay longer than it wishes." Timon frowns very slightly. "And I wouldn't want to try."

The rules state that the Aeon leaves after the encounter is over. There is no provision anywhere that I can see for having an Aeon perform non-combat tasks after a battle - or for summoning it out of combat.

In other words, duration, etc have never been specified.

Godna
2009-10-14, 07:05 AM
"damn...thats one idea down the drain."
Xen'thega swears under his breath
"But what of the sending ritual can you perform that for these spirits?"

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-14, 08:29 AM
I rather thoughtlessly put ranks into useful skills, rather than Knowledge: Religion and Perform, so Timon is not able to perform the ritual as written. I've always thought it would look incredibly stupid for any male to dance around the way Yuna did. Maybe breakdancing as an alternative? Haven't given it much thought.

Timon shakes his head. "That wasn't my field of training. I had always intended to be more involved in field work than ceremony."

Sairyu
2009-10-14, 08:33 AM
The blitzball smashes into the ceiling, returning to Roman's hands as a twinkling rain of jade stone falls. Immediately, the area goes dark, the only source of light coming from the weak glow of escaping Pyreflies...

The other sections on the Cavern, however, remain well lit.

---
It doesn't really matter how much damage you do, the crystal hardness is like 2 and I think you've got a +2 to damage. The falling crystal isn't going to do any damage. :/

If you refer to the map in the OOC thread, the area that you're in (the small area on the right side of the first corridor) is dark now but everywhere else (that you've been) is still well lit.

Edit: Well, you can just spin your staff and twirl in place or something. I don't think you actually need to dance. Probably just Yuna who does it because she feels like it (as she apparently doesn't need it to Send later on in the game, see: Farplane, Seymore first encounter aftermath)...

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-14, 10:51 AM
in the original topic with the FFXd20 rules there was SOMETHING about non-combat summoning (using yuna's skydiving to escape marrying seymore as an example), but i forgot what the thing was.

also, i though the sending was a ritual known by all summoners through their training, and perform (dance) can apply to any kind of dance so roll high enough and you can easily do this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1Jo1sXSLA) and still send the dead to the farplane (that song is 'waters of nazareth' by justice, in case you wanted to know)

"Timon, you've been to other temples; is pyrefly lighting common?"

Jesse Drake
2009-10-15, 09:59 PM
Roman kicks his ball into the air and bounces it off his chest, into the air, then back onto his foot, and then starts bouncing it repeatedly. Then he starts in with his head occasionally. Then back to the feet. Then his chest again. Then to mix things up he uses his elbows.

Godna
2009-10-16, 06:52 AM
Xen'thega leans in toward roman and whispers
"You know...Confidentially just between you and me, I've always wished i could do that."

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-16, 08:35 AM
*succeeds a convenient listen check* "Me too, actually, but aren't we getting a tad sidetracked?"

"Hajan druikrd E't pa dra uha cyoehk dryd..."* Dann chuckles to himself lightly and starts off towards *whichever way it is to the end/back of the temple*

*-translated: "Never thought I'd be the one saying that..."

Jesse Drake
2009-10-16, 08:35 AM
Roman smiles. "Let's teach you." Roman kicks the ball to Xen'thega and tries to get him to bounce it back.

Godna
2009-10-16, 09:42 AM
Xen'thega attempts to bounce the ball up of his knee
[roll0]Dexterity check

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-16, 03:25 PM
Timon watches the antics of the others for a moment - with some fascination - before answering. "Uh, I've never noticed. I don't think I've ever seen pyreflies used that way...but I also don't think that's the extent of what's wrong down here. Let's keep moving. We can always come back if we need to."

And he'll continue onward.

Sairyu
2009-10-16, 09:05 PM
You enter a chamber, its construction similar to that of the first room; an inactive glyph in the center of the floor and undecorated walls and flooring. Overhead, the Pyrefly crystals shine with their usual luminescence. Strangely enough for a room containing a Fiend, the ceiling lights remain undimmed.

Up ahead, stationed at the exit leading to the next intersection, you can easily see a hulking giant, armored head to toe in baroque armor. It's pauldrons are ridiculously oversized, as are its fists. Though you might mistake it for some sort of organic being at first, such theories disappear as soon as you catch glimpse of its eyes, twin amber cogs spinning first one way then the other as the construct fixes its attention onto you.

Focusing your attention onto the construct in hopes of gaining information proves less successful than normal. In addition to the normal myriad of familiar and understood statistical glyphs being injected into your mind, dozens, if not hundreds, of new and illegible ones mar the normally calm stream of information. The Defender, if it can truly be called such, simply stares back, eyes whirring as it focuses on each of you before moving onto the next.

As you near it, it thunders out, in a voice like metal being crushed under a press.

"None may pass."

If you continue to approach, its metal plated fingers begin to curl and uncurl, the creature's armored plates shifting seamlessly like a metal skin. The designs on its pauldrons seem to race with fire as it begins to shift, thin geometric lines burning like molten bronze.

---
Hey, I actually have a battle map!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/MinibossStart.jpg
1, 2, 3, and 4 are your (presumable) locations upon entering the room. The big blob is the Defender(?). Each square is 5'x5'.

Sensor Information
D3f3nd3r!#?
!3&hp, -mp, 24AC, +12BAB, SA: DaZ!Ng #!$Ts, SQ: DR3/-, Construct traits.

Godna
2009-10-16, 10:56 PM
"Hold! we have no reason to attack it, and honestly it hurts to look at it im getting a wierd reading from it."

Xen'thega approaches as close as he can with out it becoming violent and speaks

"What is your name and function? and who put these crystals here?"

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-18, 04:35 AM
Dann pulls Xen by the shoulder back a few more feet. "Never underestimate how far a fiend can reach."

does this enemy qualify as a machina, and is it immune to any status effects? (sensor in the games lists this)

and on an unrelated note: Vegeta! What does the sensor say about his AC!?

Sairyu
2009-10-18, 08:33 PM
The Defender(?) ignores your attempts to stir up conversation, instead opting for the time honored tradition of repeating itself.

"None may pass."

---
It qualifies as a construct.
Sensor will not reveal any additional information for this creature.

AC is 24

Godna
2009-10-19, 06:56 AM
"I am afraid that if you impede our progress than you must be dealt with"

Xen'thega walks calmly and confidently up to the creature seemly leaving himself full of openings (-4 to AC Karmic Strike is ON) With his familiar greatsword perched over his back behind his head, He strides right infront of the monsterous creature.

That would provoke an attack of opportunity, but the creature should be flat footed as it hasn't yet to act in combat.

Xen'thega upon reaching this point right infront of the fiend strike suddenly as if aiming to sunder the creatures defenses

[roll1] attack roll
[roll0] confirming potential crit roll

[roll2] damage
If this hits it must make a DC13 fort save or loose its natural/worn armor bonus

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-19, 07:01 AM
I'll be hasting Timon, we'll be needing the heals.

Godna
2009-10-19, 08:27 AM
"Remember guys this thing is a machina or possibly one of those new machine type things that the al-bhed have come up with."

"None the less, They are mindless imitations of life, but they are not alive nor are they dead or unsent so most things that effect the living won't work on them. Don't even try to poison one. They also tend to be resistant to physical attacks ,but seeing as we are lacking most magical support we will have to make do"

Xen'thega after witnessing Dann cast Haste upon Timon shouts an idea out

"Dann have you ever considered using your haste upon your self first and using your extra burst of movement to cast it upon another ally?"

Sairyu
2009-10-19, 09:10 AM
As Xen'Thega approaches the Defender(?), the construct shudders violently, erupting into action not a moment later. Surprised by the charge, Xen'Thega is caught unawares, but, by virtue of having prepared a preemptive strike of his own, is able strike at the creature. The ronin's sword scores the Defender's armor, marring ornamentation even as he finds himself face up, staring at the ceiling, and wondering why the room is spinning so fast.

With shocking speed, the Defender(?) covers the distance between its original position and the party Summoner, one of its oversized fists blasting into Timon even as he scrambles to defend himself.

---
Initiative Order
[26] Roman
[22] Timon
[15] Dann
[5+10] Xen'Thega
[7] Defender(?)

Initiative Rolls
[roll5] Roman
[roll6] Defender(?)
[roll7] Timon
[roll8] Xen'Thega
[roll9] Dann

The overrun-charge is a readied action when someone approaches within 10ft.
[roll0] Defender(?) strength check for overrun
[roll1] Xen'Thega strength check against overrun
[roll2] Attack roll against Timon
[roll3] Slam damage
[roll4] Fortitude save against Armor Break

I'm just going to take your armor break as your AoO. Timon needs to make a Fortitude save DC15 or be dazed. Roman also gets to boost two allies' initiatives by 10, so I'm just going to assume Xen'Thega and one other (it doesn't really matter, you all go before it does). Dann's haste will go off on his turn.

Edit: Damage should be reduced by 4 from the slam, see OOC thread for details...

The Defender(?) has improved overrun, so you can't avoid the rush; Xen'Thega is prone.
Sensor Information
D3f3nd3r!#?
1#!?hp, -mp, 22AC, +12BAB, SA: DaZ!Ng #!$Ts, SQ: DR3/-, Construct traits.

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-19, 10:08 AM
[roll0]

Presumably that will fail...and lo, it did.

Also assuming the construct is somehow permanently Hastened, or otherwise capable of taking multiple actions, since it took two standard actions and one move action during that turn.

Godna
2009-10-19, 10:28 AM
I declare my guard on Timon

Xen'thega stands and moves toward the creature (karmic strike is still on thus a -4 to AC)

Xen'thega would provoke an attack of oppertunity because he is moving through at least 1 threatened square of his.

assuming he hits on his attack of oppertunity
[roll0] attack roll
[roll1]
well. we're boned

"I don't think we can handle this thing under these circumstances. Perhaps a retreat might be in order. I'll attempt to hold it off if the need arrises."

edit: i've rolled a lot of 1s recently but im usually not this unlucky.
edit2: If i get hasted, I will instead charge the creature instead of just walking up

Jesse Drake
2009-10-19, 12:31 PM
On his turn, Roman will point to the enemy. "Come on guys! We've can do this. Let my words guide your weapons!" Using Aim, so +2 to attacks y'all.

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-19, 04:05 PM
The construct's blow deflects partially off a magical barrier surrounding Timon, impacting less fully but still leaving him reeling.

DR 7/- comes in handy. Only took 14 damage. Still dazed, however. Yeah, with the healer out of commission on the first hit, we're boned.

And here I thought being in the back row would help and all...

Sairyu
2009-10-20, 05:24 PM
With terrifying alacrity, the Defender(?) regains its equilibrium, completely focusing its attention unto Timon; doing its level best to turn him into a red smear on the ground. Shoulders, and oversized pauldrons, bobbing and weaving like a boxer's, the creature throws a series of bizarrely quick jabs before launching a cross which roars out from its side like an antagonized Behemoth.

Xen'Thega is there, however, to receive the brunt of the assault, defying the creature's wrath and delivering razor sharp cross counters with the point of his blade.

---
Initiative Order
[26] Roman
[25] Dann
[22] Timon
[15] Xen'Thega
[7] Defender(?)

Round Information
[roll0] Hasted action, PA5
[roll1] First attack --> Defender fighting defensively
[roll2] Second attack
[roll3] Third attack
[roll4] PA
[roll5] Attack 1
[roll6] Attack 2
[roll7] Attack 3
Damage reduced by 7 on Timon, 2 on Xen'Thega
If damage is taken, only one Fort save DC13 will be needed.

Round 1
Roman casts Aim
Dann casts Haste on Timon
Timon is Dazed
Xen'Thega takes 11 damage from AoO
Xen'Thega misses, declares Guard on Timon
Defender makes a full attack on Timon/Xen'Thega

Round 2
Roman acts
Dann acts
Timon acts
Xen'Thega acts
Defender makes a full attack on Timon/Xen'Thega

Sensor Information
D3f3nd3r!#?
1#!?hp, -mp, 24AC, +12BAB, SA: DaZ!Ng #!$Ts, SQ: DR3/-, Construct traits.

Godna
2009-10-20, 10:45 PM
Xen'Thega takes the blows and retaliates with several of his own as the Titanic juggurnaut and he trade blows. Each Blow aimed to break through his stalward defenses

[roll0] AoO 1st attack
[roll1] AoO 2nd attack
[roll2] 1st Attack
[roll3] 2nd attack
[roll4]1st Karmic attack
[roll5]2nd Karmic attack
[roll6]1st of a full attack
[roll7]2nd of a full attack

damn thats a lot of dice i had to roll i don't think i'd rolled for potential crits even if as a construct he wasn't immune.

HOLY CRAP 2 natural 20s

edit4: Listing my bonuses to attack and damage

Attack
{table]#|BAB|STR|WF|Magic|charge|flank|PA|cheer|Aim|luck| Misc|total
1O|+10|+4|+1|+1|+0|+2|-0|+0|+2|+0|+0|=+20
2O|+10|+4|+1|+1|+0|+2|-0|+0|+2|+0|+2|=+22
1|+10|+4|+1|+1|+0|+2|-0|+0|+2|+0|+2|=+22
2|+5|+4|+1|+1|+0|+2|-0|+0|+2|+0|+2|=+17
[/table]
Damage
{table]#|STR*|WS|Magic|PA|Misc|Total
1O|+6|+2|+1|+0|+0|+9
2O|+6|+2|+1|+0|+2|+11
1|+6|+2|+1|+0|+2|+11
2|+6|+2|+1|+0|+2|+11
[/table]
Misc bonus: +2 (tactician)[2nd AoO onward]
*=(1.5)(str mod)
WF=weapon focus
WS=Weapon Spec
#=attack number
O=attack of Opertunity

edit: I forgot the bonus +2 from flanking so i need to add a +2 to all thoose

edit2: I just realized no just 2 natural 20s but 2 natural 20s that were following a roll of 5

edit3: Of course this would have to be an enemy immune to critical hits :(

edit4: I'm going to clean this up a little
(Wouldn't the Monster go before me if it had haste (+10 to init) since it would have a total init of 17 to my 15?) I seemed to have assumed that it would when writing this post

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-21, 09:29 AM
"What did I just say? never underestimate a fiend!"

Quickly positioning himself between the dazed healer and the shuddering machina Dann takes Xen's advice and Hastes himself, quickly following up with a battle cry.

turn actions:
Haste on himself
Dann uses cheer (+2 str/dex bonus to everyone for this encounter)

selecting the defender for my dodge feat--counterattack, dont fail me now!

(also, with this last haste im officially out of mana)

Jesse Drake
2009-10-21, 09:37 AM
Roman smiles. He takes this opportunity to strike his foe down hard. Adding sleep to one of them, if successful.

First off, is everyone adding my aim? +2.
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] for [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Godna
2009-10-21, 12:03 PM
Now I have to add an addition +1 to all the damage and all the attack rolls.

edit: We just got to wait for Timon's turn now

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-22, 07:00 PM
Taking a step away from the Defender, Timon chants his prayers under his breath at a magically increased pace, closing his allies' wounds almost instantly.

Move: 5' step away
Standard: Pray
Bonus Standard: Pray

20 HP healed on everyone (should all be to maximum).

Sairyu
2009-10-23, 09:05 AM
Roman's blitzballs crash into the construct, splattering disabling magic over its enchanted plate to no visible effect. Xen'Thega's blade, however, proves more deadly, cleaving through ornamentation and iron alike as he does his utmost to sever the construct's controlling spirit(s) from its host.

Seemingly frustrated by the ronin's continued interference with its attempts to pulverize the Summoner, the Defender directs the full force of its ire onto him. Taken aback by the creature's sudden shift in tactics, Xen'Thega is unable to readjust as the construct rains bone shattering blows onto him. Within moments, the ronin crumples to the ground, defense shattered under the onslaught...

---
Initiative Order
[26] Roman
[25] Dann
[22] Timon
[15] Xen'Thega
[7] Defender(?)

Round Information
All attacks are directed towards Xen'Thega
[roll0] Bonus action; attack, PA5
[roll1] 1st attack, PA5
[roll2] 2rd attack, PA5
[roll3] 3rd attack - unnecessary
[roll4] Damage 1
[roll5] Damage 2
[roll6] Damage 3
[roll7] Damage 4

Round 2
Roman hits the Defender with his Blitzball (immune to status effect)
Dann casts haste on himself
Timon prays twice (+20hp all allies; Xen'Thega is at 45/70)
Xen'Thega full attacks
Defender(?) makes a full attack on Xen'Thega; Xen'Thega is at -19
Defender(?) cleaves, attack on Dann (roll in OOC); Dann is at 61/87

Round 3
Roman acts
Dann acts
Timon acts
Defender(?) acts
Round 3
Sensor Information
D3f3nd3r!#?
3^&hp, -mp, 11AC, +12BAB, SA: DaZ!Ng #!$Ts, SQ: DR3/-, Construct traits.

---

I'm using the 3E haste for this creature. I'm not sure if you have Karmic Strike declared for this turn (you didn't mention it), so if you did, I guess you get your counter-attack.

Edit: Fixed AC (I'm not going to bother trying to make 4 saves with +0...)
Edit: Okay, checking up on the surprise round rules tells me that action points can't be spent in a surprise round. ****. Screw that, you can now.

Godna
2009-10-23, 10:20 AM
Its AC should be much lower as i used unless he made all 4 fort saves against armor break.
Wouldn't these attack be made this turn, meaning i'd have this last turn to make my attack?

round 1 he attacked timon (before i set my guard)
round 2 he full attacked timon i.e me
round 3 he kills me

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-23, 09:01 PM
Horrified at the creature's brute strength, Timon takes another step back and then reaches down within himself for a last burst of magic - in the hopes of bringing the defender down before it can attack again.

As Timon spreads open his arms, a luminescent rain begins to fall from the ceiling. To the young summoner and his allies, it is nothing more than a pleasant drizzle - but to the construct it acts like a corrosive acid, burning into its joint.

I just realized that I can't Empower Shimmering Rain and still leave enough MP to raise Xen'Thega. So not-Empowered it is!

[roll0]
Fort DC is 16 for half damage.

Godna
2009-10-25, 08:07 PM
1d20+131st attack PA 10
1d20+82nd attack PA 10
1d20+13AoO PA 10
1d20+13AoO PA 10
[roll0]a1
[roll1]a2
[roll2]oa1
[roll3]oa2

Godna
2009-10-25, 08:10 PM
[roll0]1st attack PA 10
[roll1]2nd attack PA 10
[roll2]AoO PA 10
[roll3]AoO PA 10
ROLL DAMN IT

Sairyu
2009-10-27, 08:45 AM
Phantasmagoric light falls in waves, cascades of magical energy washing over the Defender. Seemingly unaffected, the construct turns its attention onto the Summoner. It raises an arm before turning its head towards the limb, as though confused. Then, silently, it begins to crumble, armor slagging away in great waves as the corrosive nature of Timon's magic eats through its body. Within moments, nothing is left of the creature but a puddle of ruined metal. Oddly enough, not a single pyrefly flies up from its mangled remnants.

The rain stops and you breathe a sigh of relief. It was a close encounter but you feel oddly refreshed. The world seems clearer and details that you've never noticed stand out bright as though the cavern were illuminated by the sun.

---
I've always wanted to use that word...

Everyone will gain a level. Upon doing so, your HP/MP will be refilled to their maximums.

The golem has no treasure.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-27, 07:08 PM
"Well, that was fun." A sarcastic laugh escapes his lungs.

Godna
2009-10-27, 07:49 PM
"Try being the meatshield than...*Cough* Its a real Riot
Xen'thega says sarcastically from the floor.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-28, 12:37 AM
"I would, but whenever I get between an enemy and their intended target, they either ignore me or die."

Godna
2009-10-28, 10:51 AM
"I tend to be more proactive in the former and I tend to be the cause of the latter" says the pain striken warrior.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-28, 10:55 AM
Roman smiles and ignores everything, kicking his ball around. He's too carefree to be bothered.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-28, 07:08 PM
"If everyone's ready, we can move further in..." Dann motions vaguely to the hallway behind the remains of the once big and scary Defender.

Jesse Drake
2009-10-28, 07:13 PM
"Aye, I'm ready." laughs Roman. "Let's go friends! I'm feeling great." He doesn't stop kicking his ball, but he starts moving, kicking the ball behind him then in front and back again, occasionally kicking it far ahead. Though it always comes back.

Sairyu
2009-10-28, 10:35 PM
Up ahead the path branches off into two directions. Deciding to explore the right side first yields the discovery of another large red and gold treasure chest. Opening it nets the party an ether, a fiery red potion with golden sparks that pulse to some invisible heartbeat, and a strange semi-opaque marble of a milky white coloration.

Backtracking a bit, you turn the bend about the left corridor and are (not) surprised to note the presence of more Fiends. Up ahead, some 40ft away, a pair of quadrupedal Fiends guards the next intersection. The more obvious one has two bone horns protruding from its front shoulders, its body relatively small compared to its hulking frontal limbs. The second is spider thin, with legs like blades and a long whip for a tail.

Neither of them notice the party.

---
Knowledge Arcana/Appraisal DC15
The red potion is an elixir
Knowledge Arcana/Appraisal DC25
The marble is a Bead of Force, an item which does not otherwise exist on Spira!

Sensor Information
Valaha
100HP, 120MP, 13AC, +8BAB, SA: Flame Ball/Trample, SQ: Magical Beast traits

Epaaj
58HP, 135MP, 15AC, +9BAB, SA: Blades/Poison, SQ: Magical Beast traits

Godna
2009-10-28, 10:55 PM
I Call Dibs on the Marble. I need a good shooter.

Upon coming to the fiends

Alright...I recommend we cast our power ups before they notice us. suggests Xen'thega.

OOC:

How far apart are they from each other?

Vox Clamantis
2009-10-28, 11:34 PM
"We don't know how tough they are. Let's be more cautious this time."

Timon: the voice of caution.

Godna
2009-10-28, 11:40 PM
Thats what i was recommending and I don't think they will be too much of a threat but none the less. I think it would be a good idea to have some one hasted. states Xen'thega

Tobi_goodboy
2009-10-31, 09:50 PM
"Good idea."
Dann casts haste on himself, then using his newly acquired alacrity, hastes Xen'Thega in preparation for the upcoming skirmish.

OOC: voice of caution indeed. Falcon punched for getting to close to a defender. caution.

Jesse Drake
2009-11-01, 08:05 PM
Aim! Everyone, get your bonuses!

Godna
2009-11-02, 08:01 AM
"Alright, Lets Do This! I'm still feeling a little whoozy so forgive me if I'm slow on the charge."

BEWARE THE TABLE

These are my total attack bonus at the moment
1|+11|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-0|+0|+2|+0|+0|=+19
2|+6|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-0|+0|+2|+0|+0|=+14
3|+1|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-0|+0|+2|+0|+0|=+9
[/table]

Vox Clamantis
2009-11-02, 08:04 AM
Timon hangs back, not being really suited to picking fights.

Godna
2009-11-02, 08:22 AM
"If no one else has any actions planned" Xen'thega Wispers

Charging the Epaaj and using the extra attack from haste to hit Valaha
{table]#|BAB|STR|WF|Magic|charge|flank|PA|cheer|Aim|luck| Misc|total|Total roll
Charge|+11|+4|+1|+1|+2|+0|-0|+0|+2|+0|+0|=+21|[roll0]
Haste|+6|+4|+1|+1|+0|+2|-0|+0|+2|+0|+0|=+21|[roll1]
[/table]

Godna
2009-11-02, 08:25 AM
Forgot damage

Damage
{table]#|STR*|WS|Magic|PA|Misc|Total|Damage
Charge|+6|+2|+1|+0|+0|+9|[roll0]
Haste|+6|+2|+1|+0|+0|+9|[roll1]
[/table]
18 and 14
they both need to roll a Fort save DC 25 against sleep.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-02, 03:25 PM
I'll be hasting the other two with my two actions, thanks.

Sairyu
2009-11-02, 08:20 PM
Xen'Thega rushes forth, a blur of motion as Dann's spell accelerates the ronin's movements to unbelievable speeds. In a flash, his great sword slashes through the air, creasing the Fiends' flesh. A heartbeat later, the two collapse, deeply slumbering.

---
Assuming coup de grace and ending.

---
As the pyreflies flit away, your eyes are drawn to a shining sphere which hovers, chest level, off the ground; a departed Fiend's crystallized essence. Even as you make note of its appearance, wispy threads begin to dissolve, steaming upwards as the item begins to destabilize.

---
Treasure
207gp, 2x Potion, 1x Power Sphere

Godna
2009-11-02, 08:22 PM
"I guess we were a little bit overly cautious" hesitantly chuckles Xen'thega after executing the two sleeping fiends.

Xen'thega grabs hold of the odd sphere
"What do you make of this thing?"

Sairyu
2009-11-02, 09:00 PM
The sphere dissolves into fine mist, settling over your outstretched arm. You feel stronger.

---
Xen'Thega's Strength increases by 1 point. The Power Sphere is used.

Godna
2009-11-04, 12:57 PM
"I'm sorry about that. I was unable to stop the sphere from disappearing." Apologizes the Bald Ronin

"Although I do feel a new strength inside me"
He Pauses and Flexes the bare Forearms of the hand he grabbed the sphere with.

"Have any of you experience anything similar?"

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-04, 04:54 PM
"Once in the desert, actually. a yellow sphere made my eyesight much sharper." Dann continues walking down the corridor at a leisurely pace.

(yellow sphere was an speed/aim sphere.)

Godna
2009-11-04, 05:55 PM
"Curious, Before i might have claimed your eye to be decieving you, but now i can't help but believe"

"We shall have to keep a look out for more of those."

Vox Clamantis
2009-11-04, 07:49 PM
Timon blinks rapidly at the sudden, nearly effortless victory. "That was...bizarre. Don't worry about the sphere, Xen. I guess you earned it."

Godna
2009-11-04, 08:00 PM
"Thank you Timon,I believe in the future that when coming up against machina that it would be wise to show a lot more caution though I feel that perhaps with a bit more prep time we may have handled that foe easier."

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-04, 11:35 PM
"Machina are predictable in their actions. make them stop you simply have to disassemble or smash them untill there's nothing left but scrap."

Sairyu
2009-11-05, 01:06 AM
Checking the small area to the east lands the party a trio of deep blue potions and a small sack containing 500gp. Checking the area to the north yields nothing but rocks and the ever present crystal ceiling.

As you advance further west and north, trusting the map to lead you to your eventual destination, you're given pause by something unnatural. The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth is oddly quiet, even Xen'Thega's armored footsteps seem muted, as though he were walking several times further away. Shaking what might be nerves off, you advance, only for a strange feeling to wash over you, a malign presence flaring at the very edges of your perception for a moment before subsiding. Even after it recedes though, a strange dull pressure persists and your head feels as though it were wrapped with cotton.

You get the feeling that whatever it is that lies ahead is behind the recent outbreak of fiends.

---
Continuing onwards leads to another intersection, the areas to the north and west shrouded in darkness. Advancing into the intersection allows you to see down the east tunnel where a large mechanical creature with large fists and a single massive pauldron blocks the way. It's head is carved into the resemblance of a roman gladiator's helm.

It appears to notices you, turning towards the group, but it doesn't move.

---
Listen and Concentration checks suffer a -2 circumstance penalty past this point.

Spot DC18
There is an opening at the back of the golem's right fist. Something gleams from within, most likely a hidden blade.
Sensor Information
Defender (I swear, it really is one)
120HP, +10BAB, 15AC, SQ: Construct Traits

Initiative Order (for when it starts)
[22] Timon
[19] Roman
[19] Dann
[14] Xen'Thega
[7] Defender

Jesse Drake
2009-11-05, 07:38 AM
Roman will give Dann and Xen his initiative boost, and also use aim on his turn.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-05, 06:17 PM
we dont necessarily have to fight it. now, if it says 'none shall pass' or somethign, that's another story...

can I hold an action till we find out if its going to try to smash us or something? if so, then if it starts dashing and swinging like the last one, I'll haste myself and Timon--who should be WAY THE HELL IN THE BACK this time.

Sairyu
2009-11-09, 09:23 AM
As you stand about, discussing strategy, the Defender's attention remains riveted on your position. It doesn't appear immediately hostile, though your last similar encounter might suggest that such assumptions might be fatal. Approaching the machina, however, yields a different quip than before.

"The master is occupied."

Such a statement might be a blank slate for you to state your business with its controller, or maybe the machina is warning you off again.

Any attempts to read the construct's body language yields only dismal failure.

---
Uh, sorry, not actually posted "tomorrow".

Jesse Drake
2009-11-09, 09:59 AM
Roman smiles. Though he's not sure why. It's just a passing thought. In all actuality, he's holding his tongue. He's been known to take the situation from bad to worse before.

Godna
2009-11-09, 03:14 PM
"Perhaps we could leave a message for your master than?" half jokingly inquires Xen'thega

Sairyu
2009-11-10, 11:24 PM
The defender remains quiet as you talk. It probably has some kind of command word keyed to it's specific functions, though what that word might be remains unknown.

Godna
2009-11-11, 04:47 PM
I cycle through various word i think it might be. Starting with Sin

Sairyu
2009-11-11, 09:37 PM
You sit, for several minutes, recanting a seemingly endless stream of possible words that the Defender might be keyed to. For a short while longer, this effort continues, repeating words with varying changes in intonation as you finally expend your vocabulary. Momentarily stumped, you pause to collect your thoughts, but your introspection is interrupted by a sudden chill sensation.

Whirling about, you shout a warning to the rest of your party, loosing your weapon as something in the darkness behind you trembles.

---
From the gloom a many tentacled creature emerges, poisonous fumes vomiting from a slavering maw that seems to compose the vast majority its torso. Bulbous eyes alight atop of madly waving stalks, red with frenzied hatred and hunger. The corridor fills with its noxious gas and you begin to cough and gag, the insidious vapors attacking your nervous system.

You're dimly aware of something massive blasting past the party as it engages the frenzied Malboro, totally unimpeded by the Fiend's debilitating attack.

---
Initiative Order
[19] Malboro
[19] Dann
[18] Roman
[13] Defender
[14] Timon
[14] Xen'Thega

Sensor Information
Malboro
133HP, 115MP, BAB+12, 20AC, SA: Bad Breath, SQ: Plant Traits

Defender
120HP, +10BAB, 15AC, SQ: Construct Traits

Vox Clamantis
2009-11-11, 09:44 PM
Timon scrambles out of the way, covering his mouth and trying not to cough. "Damn!" And then, whispering so that the Defender can't hear, "let's move! Go!" He indicates the now not-barred path with one finger.

Godna
2009-11-11, 09:49 PM
Xen'thega Nods and stumbles toward the direction indicated draging any party members unable to make through with him.

Jesse Drake
2009-11-13, 11:38 PM
Roman follows suit, and flees with the others.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-14, 12:57 AM
*fleeing* *filler for post character limit*

Sairyu
2009-11-15, 06:04 PM
The sounds of battle fade off as you distance yourself from the Defender and the Malboro. After about half a minute, heavy footfalls can be heard as the sounds cease. You can probably assume that the Defender came out ahead in that encounter.

Up ahead, the passage opens up into a wide circular space nearly 150 feet in diameter, with the far wall fading off into gloom. A small pad is located in the center of the area, an active blue Teleport orb embedded in its surface.

The lighting in the room is dim and unlike the other barren rooms, this room is filled with vegetation. In fact, the vegetation is so thick that brambles block out the ever present lighting from the crystalline ceiling, preventing you from getting a good look at anything in the area.

Thick vines and creeping vegetative growths line the walls and floors and bright splashes of color stand out in the darkness as what you assume are flowers of some sort. How they've managed to grow despite the lack of sunlight is a complete mystery to you, but they are there nonetheless. The vegetative growths sway and pulse as might a living heart and you get the impression that something is watching you.

A shiver runs down your spine and the faint feeling of something terrible beginning to stir quickens your pace. Almost at the edge of your perception, a grating voice speaks with spidery words, voice canting up and down to some disturbing melody as it drones on... and on.... and on...

---
Spot DC20
Sharp eyes note unnatural movement as the flowers all turn towards you. The adjustment is subtle and the others seem to miss it.

Spot DC25
A pair of flowers somehow distinct from the rest can be made out. Their colors are less defined, faded into soft pastels, and now that you've noticed them, they stick out from the vegetation like cancerous growths. Even as you watch, one trembles and a cloud of spores shoots into the air around it, obscuring it from vision. The two plants are 20 and 35 feet from the person in the lead.

Jesse Drake
2009-11-15, 06:13 PM
Roman smiles and looks around. But it's impossible for him to see anything. [roll0]

Godna
2009-11-15, 06:39 PM
Xen'thega cheerfuly strolls onward
[roll0]

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-16, 02:03 AM
(OOC: izzat the hymn of the faith? love it.)

Sairyu
2009-11-19, 12:08 AM
Something within the vast tangle trembles, and fire blossoms amongst the two of you nearest to the entrance.

From the OOC thread:
(1d20+5)[13]
(7d6+7)[30] Fire damage
(1d20+5)[22]
(7d6+7)[31] Fire damage

DC14 Fort for half on either one. I'm not sure about your marching order, but I'm not going to penalize you for something I forgot to ask for (pretty sure it's Xen'Thega and Dann in front, but I can't remember), so just assign whoever you like to suck up ranged-touch attacks #1 and #2.

---

Spot DC10
A flower somehow distinct from the rest can be made out. Its colors are less defined, faded into soft pastels, and now that you've noticed it, it sticks out from the vegetation like a cancerous growth. You note the presence of a brownish cloud near, maybe 15ft, to it but closer to you. As you watch in the dying light of a pair of Fira spells, you can't help but wonder what kind of cosmic irony would spawn a fire throwing plant.

Spot DC15
A pair of Thorns threaten the party, one 20ft from the position of the lead party member and the second 15ft further. The closer one is surrounded by a mostly opaque brownish cloud which you assume to be spores of some sort, not something you'd like to inhale.

Spot DC20
You can make out the slowly waving outline of a third Thorn a further 30ft from the 2nd Thorn. Your sharp eyes also note the spore cloud about the closest Thorn beginning to drift downwards already, seemingly being drawn in by the surrounding plant life.

Initiative: [roll0]
Sensor Information
Open only if Xen'Thega makes the DC20 Spot check.
Thorn #3
55HP, 60MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Initiative Order:
[21] Xen'Thega
[19] Roman
[17] ??? #2
[16] Timon
[12] Dann
[10] ??? #1

Rolls: [roll1] Roman
[roll2] Timon
[roll3] Dann
[roll4] Xen'Thega
[roll5] ???#1
[roll6] ???#2
Sensor Information
Open only if Xen'Thega makes the DC10 Spot check.
Thorn #1 (Spore Cloud)
47HP, 57MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Thorn #2
58HP, 44MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Godna
2009-11-19, 12:35 AM
[roll0]Xen'thega's ultimately doomed spot check

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-19, 05:22 PM
[roll0]
*pleaseworkpleaseworkpleasework*

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-23, 08:25 PM
*ghost bump*

Sairyu
2009-11-24, 09:33 AM
Fire blooms amongst the party and both Dann and Xen'Thega draw back, surprised by the sudden conflagration. Though they suffer no wounds, the event serves to draw Dann's attention to a strange brownish cloud and a cancerous looking growth which, on a second look, proves to be a plant of some sort.

---
OOC Matters - read this!
You all get actions (if Jesse assigns his initiative bonuses) before the Thorns, but nobody except for Tobi is aware of them at the moment. Of course, talking is a free action, so...

Also, from here on, if I don't see a post from a player within 48 hours, assuming they don't tell me anything, their character will either sit around or act according to how I expect them to, depending on my mood really. We're nearing the end people!

I'll be posting this information in the OOC thread in case you read that and not this. For... some reason...
Initiative Order:
[21] Xen'Thega
[19] Roman
[17] Thorn #2
[16] Timon
[12] Dann
[10] Thorn #1 (spore cloud)

Sensor Information
Thorn #1 (Spore Cloud)
47HP, 57MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Thorn #2
58HP, 44MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Jesse Drake
2009-11-24, 09:38 AM
Yeah, assigning bonus to Dann and Timon. Also using aim, on the notion that something doesn't feel right. "Keep vigilant y'all. I don't know what, but something is going on here."

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-24, 09:48 AM
(oh god if its those mushrooms that counter with pollen)

"Over there!" Dann points to the fiends and quickly draws his sword, using cheer to boost the party's overall effectiveness.

Godna
2009-11-24, 11:24 AM
I don't like the looks of the stronger one.

If I am far enough to need to charge.
Xen'thega Charges the plant seeking to end its life.

Attack
Charge|+11|+4|+1|+1|+2|+0|-10|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll0]

[/table]
Damage
Charge|+6|+2|+1|+20|+1|[roll1]
[/table]

If one of the plants are close enough to reach after a 5 foot step

Attack
1|+11|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-8|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll2]
2|+6|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-8|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll3]
3|+1|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-8|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll4]
[/table]
Damage
1|+6|+2|+1|+16|+1|[roll5]
2|+6|+2|+1|+16|+1|[roll6]
3|+6|+2|+1|+16|+1|[roll7]
[/table]

Vox Clamantis
2009-11-25, 07:42 AM
Taking moving forward to keep Xen within the range of his healing, Timon begins praying to heal the wounds of those already burnt by fire.

Move forward if necessary, Pray for 10 healing to everyone.

Sairyu
2009-11-25, 06:32 PM
Xen'Thega bounds forwards, finding purchase for his footfalls amongst the vines and slippery vegetative growths blanketing the area. Within the span of a moment he closes in on the nearest Thorn, blowing through its defensive spores and scoring it's ropey stem with his blade.

The Fiend reels, its petals curling inwards in a silent act of agony. Before the ronin can act upon his advantage though, a speck of light winks into existence in the air before him. Even as his mind registers the preclude to a fire based spell, the first spark ignites, and with it the pollen cloud.

As the dust and flames clear, Xen'Thega remains standing, the charred but still proud warrior having held his ground by the suddenly rejuvenated Fiend amidst a barren circle of harsh stone. A Fira spell, fired point blank range into Xen'Thega provokes a peremptory strike on the ronin's part, who makes a point to interrupt the spell with several feet of metal.

---
Turn Information
Round 0
Thorn 1 casts spore cloud

Surprise Round
Thorn 1 casts Fira (1d20+5)[13] targeting Xen'Thega - Xen'Thega saves.
(7d6+7)[30] -> 15 Fire damage
Thorn 2 casts Fire (1d20+5)[22] targeting Dann - Dann saves
(7d6+7)[31] -> 15 Fire damage
Dann spots Thorns 1 and 2

Round 1
Timon Prays, restoring 11HP -> Xen'Thega (78/82), Dann (88/92)
Dann casts cheer and points out Thorns 1 and 2
Xen'Thega charges Thorn #1

Balance check DC15 required to charge (rough terrain) He hits even without the +2 anyways, so there's no point in this.
Fortitude save DC14 to resist Blindness
Fortitude save DC14 to resist sleep

Thorn #1 is immune to sleep (Plant Trait)
Roman casts Aim.
[roll0] Thorn #2 casts Fira on Thorn #1
[roll1] Healing
The spore cloud explodes (exposed to fire)

[roll2] Explosive damage (1/2 fire, 1/2 bludgeoning), Reflex DC16 for 1/2 damage
Strength check DC15 or be pushed back 20ft.

[roll3] Thorn #1 casts Fira on Xen'Thega
(7d6+7)[23] Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage.
Initiative Order:
[26] Timon
[22] Dann
[21] Xen'Thega
[19] Roman
[17] Thorn #2

Sensor Information
Thorn #1
47HP, 51MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Thorn #2
58HP, 36MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Vox Clamantis
2009-11-25, 07:50 PM
Not sure exactly how much damage Xen is taking, but it's better to err on the side of caution.

Gritting his teeth at the need to expend so much energy at once, Timon sends two waves of healing energy through Xen'Thega in attempt to repair the damage done by explosions and spells.

Double-cast Cure 2 (twice).

[roll0]

[roll1]

20 MP spent.

Godna
2009-11-25, 08:29 PM
[roll0] Fort 1 versus blind
[roll1] Fort 2 versus sleep
[roll2] Reflex versus explosion
[roll3] Strength versus explosion

Jesse Drake
2009-11-25, 08:31 PM
Roman will try to make the thorn 1 blind. [roll0] for [roll1] Two 1's... that sucks.

Godna
2009-11-25, 09:11 PM
"If I get set on fire one more time I won't be held accountable for the horrible violence that I inflict upon the cause."

After disclosing his aggravation Xen'thega's sword become unto that which is like a lawn mower.

Full attack until one falls and all other attacks on the surviver

Attack
1|+11|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-8|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll0]
2|+6|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-8|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll1]
3|+1|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-8|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll2]
[/table]
Damage
1|+6|+2|+1|+16|+1|[roll3]
2|+6|+2|+1|+16|+1|[roll4]
3|+6|+2|+1|+16|+1|[roll5]
[/table]

Wouldn't I get an Attack of oppertunity on one of the plants because they cast a spell within attack range?

Sairyu
2009-11-25, 09:30 PM
No, the first one is 20ft from the position of the lead party member (I'm assuming you), and the second 15ft further.

Edit: Yes, yes you do. I thought you got pushed back for some reason.

Roman will try to make the thorn 1 blind. [roll0] for [roll1] Two 1's... that sucks.

I don't think I've mentioned this (and I really should have), but I like to use the -+20 variant for 1s and 20s detailed in the Epic Handbook. If you roll a 1, roll again, but subtract 20 and if you rolled a 20, add 20 to the next. I've found it to be a lot nicer than simply auto-failing-succeeding.

Roll it if you will. With +15, you've still got a chance to hit AC12 (17 or better).

Godna
2009-11-25, 09:43 PM
You brought up your homerule earlier in the thread.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If it hits all attacks against him for 1 round get a +2 attack and damage

it also might have to roll concentration to avoid losing the spell.

Sairyu
2009-11-25, 10:06 PM
it also might have to roll concentration to avoid losing the spell.

I guess so. The FFX pdf v1.1 has casting a spell as a standard action which provokes AoOs (like a ranged attack, drinking a potion, or using a spell-like-ability). I'm really not sure about this, but due to its similarity to using a spell-like (which can be disrupted), I'm going to rule it this way.

It fails on anything worse than 45 and has no ranks, so, uh...

[roll0]

Looks like you won't be taking Fira damage (which would have been 11).

Godna
2009-11-25, 10:11 PM
yay for being the big angry guy with a sword.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-28, 02:52 PM
I suppose i'll go after the thron that isnt being mauled by xen... (sorry for no witty RP statement, im kinda in a hurry)

*move within range and full attack/rolls in next post (sorry)*

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-28, 02:56 PM
attack info:attack1 [roll0]
crit [roll1]
attack2 [roll2]
crit [roll3]

Sairyu
2009-11-28, 07:59 PM
Healing magic washes over Xen'Thega, his flesh mending as he launches an overwhelming assault, cutting the Thorn down like the parasitic weed that it is. With a final sigh as it falls apart, it erupts into pyreflies, briefly illuminating the area as it fades away.

Exposed and immobile, the second Thorn has no options left available save to watch as a hasted Dann makes his way up to it and proceeds to cut at it, longsword dealing mostly superficial damage. A spinning blitzball trailing whisps of darkness follows Dann's attack, but the ball proves to be of little effect, failing to do more than bruise the Thorn's petals.

With nothing better to do, the second Thorn attempts to swallow Dann in a burst of flames, only to have its spellcasting denied by its target, whose blade strikes deep into its ropey stem. The Fiend's luck takes a slight upturn as another burst of flames explodes just under Dann's nose, courtesy of its hidden brethren.

And still the chant goes on, the words gaining in both meaning and strength as it continues, reality trembling in the face of things which are not meant to be spoken.

---
Spot DC10
A third thorn is located 25ft away from the second one.
Turn Information
Round 1
Timon Prays, restoring 11HP -> Xen'Thega (78/82), Dann (88/92)
Dann casts cheer and points out Thorns 1 and 2
Xen'Thega charges Thorn #1

* Balance check DC15 required to charge (rough terrain) He hits even without the +2 anyways, so there's no point in this.
* Fortitude save DC14 to resist Blindness
* Fortitude save DC14 to resist sleep

Thorn #1 is immune to sleep (Plant Trait)
Roman casts Aim.
(1d20+5)[22] Thorn #2 casts Fira on Thorn #1
(7d6+7)[40] Healing
The spore cloud explodes (exposed to fire)

* (6d6)[23] Explosive damage (1/2 fire, 1/2 bludgeoning), Reflex DC16 for 1/2 damage
* Strength check DC15 or be pushed back 20ft.

(1d20+5)[14] Thorn #1 casts Fira on Xen'Thega
(7d6+7)[23] Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage.
Xen'Thega makes an AoO and disrupts the spell.

Round 2
Timon double-casts Cure on Xen'Thega, restoring him to full HP
Dan moves to Thorn #2 and hits twice, dealing [roll0] and [roll1] damage.
Xen'Thega declares a full attack on Thorn #1 and finishes it off.
Roman attacks Thorn #2, dealing 2 damage - Thorn #2 is immune to blindness (plant trait).
[roll2] Thorn #2 casts Fira on Dann
[roll3] Dann makes an AoO PA5 for [roll4] damage
[roll5] Concentration check
[roll6] Fira damage, Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage
[roll7] Thorn #3 casts Fira on Dann
[roll8] Fira damage, Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage
Initiative Order:
[26] Timon
[22] Dann
[21] Xen'Thega
[19] Roman
[17] Thorn #2
[9] Thorn #3

Sensor Information
Thorn #2
25/58HP, 28MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Thorn #3
55HP, 52MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-29, 01:42 AM
(OOC: everyone run away! chtulu's coming!)
hasted? i dont remember hasting anyone this encounter... im trying to save a chunk of my MP for an eventual big boss (thus my using cheer at start instead of hasting myself and someone else--it just eats up too much mana)

Vox Clamantis
2009-11-29, 09:53 AM
Seeing the tide of battle shifting, Timon continues to evoke his faith under his breath, magically caring for the injuries of those on the front lines.

Pray, 11 hp all around.

Sairyu
2009-11-29, 01:59 PM
(OOC: everyone run away! chtulu's coming!)
hasted? i dont remember hasting anyone this encounter... im trying to save a chunk of my MP for an eventual big boss (thus my using cheer at start instead of hasting myself and someone else--it just eats up too much mana)

Oh, well, you can't move then attack twice without haste. Full attacks are a full round action. My bad, I just assumed that you hasted yourself because you were declaring a full attack.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-29, 02:01 PM
Oh, well, you can't move then attack twice without haste. Full attacks are a full round action. My bad, I just assumed that you hasted yourself because you were declaring a full attack.

oh, i though i was within range to get my two attacks, sorry bout that. just the first attack counts then i guess.

Godna
2009-11-30, 07:52 AM
Xen'thega calmly walks toward the other plant seeking to inflict some malice his way also. Suddenly the small man hurdles forward at impressive speed and inflicts a savage blow.

Attack
Charge|+11|+4|+1|+1|+2|+0|-10|+1|+0|+0|+0|=[roll0]

[/table]
Damage
Charge|+6|+2|+1|+20|+1|[roll1]
[/table]

Jesse Drake
2009-11-30, 09:11 AM
Roman tries to hit the same guy, several times. [roll0][roll1] for [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

Tobi_goodboy
2009-12-08, 10:49 PM
*bump* (waitng for an update i think.)

Godna
2009-12-08, 11:42 PM
He currently dealing with finals i think.

Sairyu
2009-12-18, 12:38 PM
Timon prays
Dann does something
Xen'Thega charges thorn #2 and downs it
Roman damages thorn #3
Thorn #3 casts fira on Dann

--> ugh...

---
Turn Information

Round 2
Timon double-casts Cure on Xen'Thega, restoring him to full HP
Dann moves to Thorn #2 and hits twice, dealing [roll0] and [roll1] damage.
Xen'Thega declares a full attack on Thorn #1 and finishes it off.
Roman attacks Thorn #2, dealing 2 damage - Thorn #2 is immune to blindness (plant trait).
[roll2] Thorn #2 casts Fira on Dann
[roll3] Dann makes an AoO PA5 for [roll4] damage
[roll5] Concentration check
[roll6] Fira damage, Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage
[roll7] Thorn #3 casts Fira on Dann
[roll8] Fira damage, Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage

Round 3
Timon Prays, restoring 11hp to the party (Dann 56/92 -> 67/92)
Dann acts
Xen'Thega charges Thorn #2 and hits, finishing it off.
Roman makes a full attack on Thorn #3
[roll0] Thorn #3 casts Fira on Dann
[roll1] Fira damage, Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage

Initiative Order:
[26] Timon
[22] Dann
[21] Xen'Thega
[19] Roman
[17] Thorn #2
[9] Thorn #3

Sensor Information
Thorn #3
55HP, 44MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits

Vox Clamantis
2009-12-19, 01:07 AM
Conservative by nature, Timon purses his lips thoughtfully for a moment of consideration before continuing his prayers, willing to let the others do the fighting.

Pray again. +11 HP all around.

Jesse Drake
2009-12-19, 01:39 AM
Roman will move towards the other thornn till he's within thirty feet of it, not moving it all if he doesn't have to.

[roll0] [roll1]

Tobi_goodboy
2009-12-19, 09:12 AM
I'll keep hacking at the thorn im hacking at now, unless it died (unlikely)

Sairyu
2009-12-19, 04:12 PM
I'll keep hacking at the thorn im hacking at now, unless it died (unlikely)

Alright, so you'll hack at it until Godna runs in to deliver the finishing blow.

What're you doing next turn?

Also, where's your fort save? If you don't roll one, I'm just going to have you take max damage.

In other news, I'm stuck out of town on the ****tiest internet connection that I've been on for a long time (since I was 8 years old? 7!?). So, if I'm a bit angry... that's why.

Godna
2009-12-19, 06:21 PM
yeah sounds about right :smallbiggrin:

Tobi_goodboy
2009-12-19, 07:51 PM
k, fortitude save:
[roll0]

attacks:
[roll1]
[roll2]

crit if applicable
[roll3]
[roll4]

edit: natural twenty on fort. wow.

Sairyu
2009-12-23, 04:05 PM
Timon continues to pray, his devotion manifesting in a physical aura about him which soothes his allies' wounds. Having finished off the second Thorn, the party turns its attention towards the final, lone, Fiend.

Somewhere, pushed to the back of your senses, the chant continues to register, and the air lies thick with a sense of meaning. These are words which should not be spoken.

---
Turn Information

Round 3
Timon Prays, restoring 11hp to the party (Dann 56/92 -> 67/92)
Dann full attacks Thorn #2
Xen'Thega charges Thorn #2 and hits, finishing it off.
Roman makes a full attack on Thorn #3
[roll0] Thorn #3 casts Fira on Dann
[roll1] Fira damage, Fort DC14 for 1/2 damage
Dann saves for 1/2 damage.

Round 4
Timon prays, restoring 11hp to the party (Dann 50/92 -> 61/92)
Dann does something
Xen'Thega does something
Roman does something
Thorn #3 is probably dead

Initiative Order:
[26] Timon
[22] Dann
[21] Xen'Thega
[19] Roman
[9] Thorn #3

Sensor Information
Thorn #3
55HP, 44MP, +5BAB, 12AC, SA: Fira/Pollen, SQ: Plant Traits[/QUOTE]

Tobi_goodboy
2009-12-26, 07:46 PM
"Cuh uv y pedlr!" (I believe you can hazard a guess for he's saying) "You'll pay for that you little..."

moving to and attacking thorn 3

attack:
[roll0]
possible crit:
[roll1]

Godna
2009-12-26, 08:51 PM
[roll0] Charge toward the survivor power attack for 10
[roll1] damage

I may have forgotten some bonuses

Sairyu
2010-01-03, 02:41 PM
The final fiend, outnumbered and decisively outgunned, is quickly cut apart, bursting apart in the now familiar swirl of upwards traveling pyreflies. Not soon after, the remnants of the fiends condense into a trio of glittering gems: a ruby, a sapphire, and an emerald; each about half the size of a Ronso's fist.

Almost in tandem with the fiend's death, the chanting rises to a feverish shriek before falling abruptly silent, and though the words have ceased, the ominous atmosphere remains. In the middle of the room, the blue teleport sphere begins to shine.

---

Each gem is worth 2500gp (gil).

Godna
2010-01-05, 07:33 AM
"Dibs on the Ruby" says the Bald Warrior as he strides over to grab the red stone.

"Now what should we do about that teleporter?"

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-08, 04:25 AM
"I'm taking the emerald then." Dann glances over to the telport sphere, "I say we take a short rest and cool off before doing anything more."

Godna
2010-01-08, 06:19 AM
"Alright got it Take five" He says and he lays back and begins to play with the Bead he took as loot earlier.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 08:27 AM
Roman leans against the wall. "This place is a lot tougher than I imagined." he grips his Blitz Ball. "When we leave, just peel me off this wall."

Godna
2010-01-08, 09:07 PM
"well apart from the machina this has been pretty much as expected for me"

Vox Clamantis
2010-01-09, 07:14 AM
Timon doesn't answer immediately, but looks thoughtfully around as though considering the question for himself. "I'd like to make some sense out of all this. Why are these monsters here? Remember, we are here on a mission."

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-09, 08:23 AM
"You make a point, why are they here..." Dann inclines his head slightly in thought "I would guess it has something to do with whatever might be beyond the sphere over there. though, even if it doesn't, we're going back there anyway right?"

Godna
2010-01-11, 03:38 AM
"I don't know about you two, but I'm going...No One makes a fool of me."

Vox Clamantis
2010-01-11, 04:59 AM
Timon shrugs. "If seeing the job through requires it, I'm in."

Godna
2010-01-11, 11:12 AM
"That depends If that sphere transports us outside this cave or not. In the event it does transport us out than we have already performed our duty to clear out this cave to the letter, but in the event it doesn't than we have to continue onward as a matter of professional courtesy"

Jesse Drake
2010-01-11, 12:14 PM
Roman rubs his eyes. "I don't really have a problem with someone making a fool of me." Then he shrugs. "I guess I'll continue-" He'll stick to the back though, not liking the amount of danger around these parts.

Godna
2010-01-11, 12:22 PM
"since it seems we've got a moment shouldn't we have a round of the oldest adventuring games? Lets guess what the stuff we've found does. Knowing my luck these gems will be used a key to unlock a door, and my marble here will be the tortured soul essence" of the world in crystal form...What do you guys think?"

Jesse Drake
2010-01-11, 12:28 PM
"Perhaps it's some sort of game?" Suggest Roman weakly. "These could just be pieces-" He looks around. "Whoever is playing this game must be very powerful too."

Godna
2010-01-11, 12:36 PM
"That would amusing...I hope we are entertaining whom ever is playing" The bald warrior laughs with a great deal of mirth.

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-20, 10:38 AM
"Well, I say enough speculation. Let's just go and find out ourselves." Dann heads over to the teleport sphere an waits for the rest of the party to ready themselves.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-20, 10:41 AM
Slowly, Roman nods and follows.

Sairyu
2010-01-20, 02:42 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/ViaSolaris/BossStart.jpg

Xen'Thega steps onto the pad and his world immediately dissolves into a blur of colors and sensations. A moment later, he finds himself in a small chamber, walls decorated with bright crimson tapestries and ceiling occupied by a single, massive, shining crystal.

In the very center of the room, a single cherry tree stands, petals a deep violet and bark turned to silver with age. Beneath the tree, a figure rises from its kneeling position, titian robes shimmering. Glowing blue eyes regard the Ronin, and the figure's circular hat dips in vague acknowledgment.

Pyreflies descend from the ceiling and an invisible wind howls, blue petals dance about.

In a flash of auburn motion, the figure closes the distance to Xen'Thega, a hidden blade darting from its sleeve and goring the warrior three times.

---
Initiative Order
[roll0] Yojimbo
[roll1] Xen'Thega (5/82)
Edit: HP updated from re-rolls.

Turn Information
Round 1
Yojimbo boosts as a swift action
Yojimbo charges Xen'Thega and hits 3 times, dealing 57 damage
Xen'Thega acts

Round 2
Yojimbo acts
Xen'Thega acts
Sensor Information
Yojimbo:
###hp, ###mp, ##AC, ##BAB, SA: ###, SQ: ###, Overdrive: 46/100.

The rest of the party will arrive after 2 rounds (counting this one as the first) and be placed 1st on the initiative ladder in whatever order they prefer.

Edit: Attack/damage rolls can be found in the OOC thread.
Edit: Yojimbo's new position is 2 squares to the right of Xen'Thega (yes, he can attack from 10' away).
Edit: I'm just posting it now because it doesn't look like you guys're gonna do much more interaction. If I cut that short, I apologize.

Godna
2010-01-20, 04:22 PM
"I did not mean to intrude, but as you make this a matter of survival...I WILL NOT MAKE THIS EASY"

Xen'thega steps forward toward his fellow Martial Combatant(Five foot step), and retaliates with a barrage of swings of his own.

Attack
1|+11|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-0|+0|+0|+0|+0|=[roll0]
2|+6|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-0|+0|+0|+0|+0|=[roll1]
3|+1|+4|+1|+1|+0|+0|-0|+0|+0|+0|+0|=[roll2]
[/table]
Damage
1|+6|+2|+1|+0|+0|[roll3]
2|+6|+2|+1|+0|+0|[roll4]
3|+6|+2|+1|+0|+0|[roll5]
[/table]

OOC: Wasn't it a teleport sphere before?

edit: New plan!

I move to the top left corner, and toss the bead of force at a square that makes the square I'm in inaccessible but leaves me just barely outside its range.

barring that I slam it down on the ground.

edit2: Disregard that! I (Verbety Nouns)

Sairyu
2010-01-21, 05:33 PM
Outmatched, Xen'Thega retreats from Yojimbo's slashing blade, throwing down his bead of force to create a shimmering, translucent, shield between him and the rogue Aeon. Unable to pursue through the generated effect, the Aeon simply waits.

Xen'Thega lunges forwards, ferociously slashing. Taken aback by the Ronin's course of action, the Aeon hesitates for a moment, and it is that brief opening that Xen'Thega exploits, every strike connecting solidly.

Wordlessly, the Aeon collapses into a deep slumber, a marionette with its strings cut out, and the Ronin breathes a sigh of relief.

---
Initiative Order
[26] Yojimbo
[15] Xen'Thega (5/82)

Turn Information
Round 1
Xen'Thega withdraws to the top left corner and boxes himself in with the bead of force.

Round 2
[roll0] threat confirmation
[roll1] added damage
[roll2] feint (as a move action)
[roll3] attack
[roll4] damage
[roll5] iaijutsu focus
And the rolls are destroyed by Godna's plan.
Yojimbo waits
Xen'Thega acts (maybe downs a potion or something?)

Round3
The rest of the party warps in and acts.
Yojimbo acts
Xen'Thega acts

Sensor Information
Yojimbo:

Edit: changed I think...

Godna
2010-01-21, 05:48 PM
"Well this is real bloody brilliant...I guess I was right about this coming in handy" the Massively wounded fighter mutters to himself in the corner.

While hes there in the corner about to meet his fate he decides to do the only thing he has left that he can do.

Shout threats that he has very little means of actually fulfilling.

(I'm using threaten since the Aeon monster class doesn't mention status immunity and even if it did its all i can do right now anyway.)

Xen'thega lets loose with a torrent of vicious threats some of which don't sound physically feasible much less possible.
edit: same as previous post's second edit.

"Oh Jeeze that was way too close..." Says the bloody and wounded fighter as he examines the person that assaulted him. "Holy Hell is that Yojimbo!? I thought he abandoned this place with Lady Yuna brought on the Eternal Calm"

The Bald warrior crosses his arms and disarms the Sleeping Ronin not quite willing to risk allowing it to continue its assault.

Sairyu
2010-01-21, 05:51 PM
The Aeon merely regards the shouting, swearing, Ronin with an impassive gaze.

Moments later, the rest of the party warps in in a swirl of displaced reality.

---
Initiative Order
[x] Dann
[x] Timon
[x] Roman
[26] Yojimbo
[15] Xen'Thega (5/82)

Turn Information
Round 1
Xen'Thega withdraws to the top left corner and boxes himself in with the bead of force.

Round 2
Yojimbo waits
Xen'Thega threatens the Aeon to no avail
[roll0] will save versus threaten

Round3
The rest of the party warps in and acts.
Yojimbo acts
Xen'Thega acts

Sensor Information
Yojimbo:

edit: not sure what was happening here, I'll edit it in later.

Vox Clamantis
2010-01-21, 06:29 PM
Seeing Xen wounded, the young summoner starts channeling healing magic the moment he arrives. "What the heck...?"

20 MP to doublecast Cura.

[roll0]

Godna
2010-01-24, 02:38 PM
"Long story short...I Barely survived a brush in with Yojimbo here" he says indicating the unconscious warrior before him while examining the fine blade the warrior was wielding.

"I'd like some advice as to what I should do in this circumstance. As I have very little knowledge of how to act in encounters with Aeons"

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-24, 04:56 PM
Dann takes stock of the situation after usign the teleport sphere
"You took down an aeon by yourself? I'm impressed."

After hearing Xen's question on etiquette (sp?) he replies:
"I would suppose we can wait for him to wake up, or kill him."

Vox Clamantis
2010-01-24, 05:08 PM
Timon, after having seen to Xen's wounds, approaches the slumbering Aeon to a safe distance and looks at him closely. "I've never had an Aeon just attack me before. Usually I find the Fayth and have to pray until it accepts me. I've had to pass challenges before, but nothing has ever tried to kill me!"

He moves around to look at it from another angle. "Maybe we should tie it up?" He doesn't seem willing to get close enough to do that himself.

Godna
2010-01-25, 07:11 AM
"I wouldn't be surprised...It was mostly luck to be honest, and I'd have tied it up, but I lack rope. I've already disarmed it though." Answers the warrior in response to the questions asked.

"We could try seeing if any of the items we have found might hold an answer to this conundrum."

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-25, 09:10 AM
Dann takes the emerald from his pocket turns it over in his hands.

"Great... so how exactly do we make them work?"

Godna
2010-01-25, 01:30 PM
"I dunno...I assume we looks for something like a pedestal for the gems, or maybe we throw them at something? We should probably get a good distance away before doing anything. I remember that time a pickpocket back in town stole one of our grenades."

Xen'thega shudders at the memory. "We could search Yojimbo there and see if he has anything of use, but I don't know if that would be blasphemous or anything."

Suddenly a thought occurs and he performs an Coup De Grace attempting to non-lethal damage while using his Power break ability.

(OOC: I just remembered you can chose to do nonlethal damage with a coup de grace. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/injury.htm) and he should have enough health to survive and be conscious at the time the sleep effect ends, but be a lot more easy to deal with should he turn hostile.)

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-27, 09:37 PM
"So... are we killing him?" Dann raises an eyebrow at xen'thega's sudden action, drawing his sword.

Godna
2010-01-27, 10:36 PM
"No just sealing his strength, but I was never very good at it. You'll note i struck with the flat of my blade not the edge"

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-28, 10:46 AM
"I see. Though, I assume he's going to be pissed when he wakes up." Dann 'sheaths' (via glove of holding) his sword and returns to examining the emerald.

(OOC: can i make a check of some sort to aid in this process?)

Sairyu
2010-01-28, 05:23 PM
Xen'Thega approaches the downed Aeon, slamming the flat of his blade onto it. Yojimbo, however, does not stir.

---

Tobi: No, Power Break is an ability, not a skill check.

Vox Clamantis
2010-01-28, 07:22 PM
Timon cringes ever so slightly at the treatment of the Aeon. "It may be necessary, but I'm not entirely comfortable with this..." Nevertheless, he shakes himself slightly.

"Anyway, we need to find out what he was guarding. I mean, he was probably guarding something, right?"

Godna
2010-01-29, 10:05 AM
"Good point, I hadn't thought about why he was here. I just remembered it was his old shrine. We should probably spread out and search." Xen'thega says in his usual tone, and heads to the far wall before pausing. "I wonder if the items we found might have been sacrifices for him? I guess we might want to return at least some of them"

The bald warrior fishes out the Marble(everytime this thing comes up i have to reread the thread to find where i got it :smallbiggrin:) and the Ruby he found and tosses them in turn so they land on the Aeon's chest.

OOC: I just realized I stillhaven't updated my skills, and found another error. you may remember when the other FFX was recruiting i made an alternate universe version of Xen'thega here and got their Intelligence messed up on the sheets, and only noticed after the question of how i had combat expertise with an int of only 11.(and was only able to fix via looking up the original recruitment thread and checking the point buy cost (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7252573&postcount=182)) well it turns out I had calculated my skills based on an Int of only 13. (In addition to not having updated my skills when i leveled.)

Tobi_goodboy
2010-01-30, 01:40 PM
(OOC: i meant is there some sort of check i can do to help understand the use of the gems)

Sairyu
2010-01-30, 05:28 PM
You can use Appraisal to try and identify something.

Godna
2010-02-01, 10:46 AM
OOC: Would it be alright if I wait till the next time we level up to update my points? I'd also like to put some of them in Iaujutsu focus, but thats up to you.

Also I don't really think the gems have much of a purpose. I was just making a joke about how in most games Gems and stuff of actual value tend to only be used for the most inane things.

Sairyu
2010-02-01, 06:54 PM
The ruby and the marble both land on the Aeon's chest, to no effect. Yojimbo remains motionless.

---
Yeah. Go for it. I honestly think that fighters should be able to take iaijutsu focus as a class skill, especially if they're oriental themed.

Also, you're right. The gems are just that.

Godna
2010-02-03, 07:22 AM
"I believe he will be waking up somewhat soon...Perhaps we should apply our buffs?" says Xen'thega as he places the blade of the disarmed Aeon in the same bindings he usually used to affix his own sword to his back. "I do believe that even if we explain our circumstances he will be somewhat offended by our presence here...not to mention my dishonor tactics"
Xen'thega moves further back as he says this.

"When he awakens I don't recommend we show actively hostile intentions but we should show we are prepared to defend ourselfs." says Xen'thega recalling the time he got a similiar lucky shot against the Sensai of a Dojo he once visited.

Sairyu
2010-02-13, 06:26 PM
Yojimbo wakens with a start, surging to a standing position in a flash of auburn robes. Despite your respectful distance, the Aeon appears no less hostile than before.

It speaks, a single sentence, sheathing its wakizashi as it does so.

"The Maester will not be disturbed."

A blade shoots forth from the ground, hilt ascending before blade. The Aeon's hand shoots out to grasp the katana and violet cherry blossom petals rain from the heavens. Wind swirls about Yojimbo, gold and brown robes fluttering and snapping about its suddenly still figure, and a terrifyingly deep power reverberates within your bones.

A solemn feeling settles over the small chamber and your eyes follow the arc of the blade until it halts, holding perpendicular to the ground, sword grasped in both hands. This is truly the presence of a sword saint.

---
Initiative Order
Timon
Dann
Roman
Xen'Thega
Yojimbo

OOC: I'll assume that you've buffed up with cheer and aim.

Scanner won't work on Yojimbo, so I'm not going to bother with that anymore. Good luck :")

Godna
2010-02-13, 08:32 PM
OOC: Wouldn't his sudden standing make the bead hit the floor?