PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: Patient 4479 has Escaped (The Joker Blogs)[Some Spoilers?]

RabbitHoleLost
2009-10-03, 11:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Hito-chan/wantedposter.jpg

I don't know how many of you have been watching the Joker Blogs (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJokerBlogs), but I find them to be incredibly entertaining.
And, lets be honest, I fangirl hardcore over it.

So, any of you watch this? What's your opinion on it?

DomaDoma
2009-10-04, 08:12 AM
Oh hells yes! I'm a massive fan as well - Quinzell makes Clarice Starling look like a hardass with the protocol, but that's how she's supposed to be, so yeah.

The "Therapy Begins" re-release was distinctly not needed, though. Improvements in the makeup department aside.

loopy
2009-10-04, 08:55 AM
Damn it, there goes several hours of my life... :smallamused:

Very high production values, thats quality make-up artistry as well.

Pronounceable
2009-10-04, 09:25 AM
Damn. How could I have missed it for so long?

The guy playing Mistah J is amazing. His mannerisms are as good as Ledger's and makeup is next to flawless but the voice can't compare. He could conceivably play Joker in the next movie assuming he stays in makeup and dubbed with Ledger's voice somehow.

And the avatars in the thread amuse me.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-10-04, 03:30 PM
Oh hells yes! I'm a massive fan as well - Quinzell makes Clarice Starling look like a hardass with the protocol, but that's how she's supposed to be, so yeah.

The "Therapy Begins" re-release was distinctly not needed, though. Improvements in the makeup department aside.

I agree with the statement about the re-release, and, infact, didn't really notice much of a difference at all.

However, not so found of Ms. Harleen's actress, to be honest, but, because I'm such a big fan, I suppose I'm expected to be rather picky.

cnsvnc: it is highly amusing, isn't it? What a coincidence. Or we're all just big nerds.

UltraDude
2009-10-04, 03:36 PM
Then have a nicely unrelated avatar.

Oh, and some more love for this Joker. Gotta have more of that. I'll be posting those wanted posters in a few places.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-04, 03:43 PM
We should get Doug Walker to dub over this guy's voice. Anyone who's watched GNN News interviewing the Joker can see he can make an almost respectable the Joker voice (well, respectable compared to Ledger's the Joker - I personally prefer Nicholson's performance).

RabbitHoleLost
2009-10-04, 03:46 PM
We should get Doug Walker to dub over this guy's voice. Anyone who's watched GNN News interviewing the Joker can see he can make an almost respectable the Joker voice (well, respectable compared to Ledger's the Joker - I personally prefer Nicholson's performance).

I'm going to state my opinion that both are valid characterizations of the Joker, accurate to several forms of the comics.

But, I myself prefer the darkier, grittier, more "realistic" version of Ledger's Joker.

Dienekes
2009-10-04, 05:33 PM
I saw several of them awhile ago, they were great.

Thanks for the link to the rest. There is just never enough Joker in the world, and this is a really good version.

(And best Joker performance will always be Hamill, I will defend this with my life. When I read the comics, I still hear his voice when reading the Joker's lines.)

Pronounceable
2009-10-04, 05:44 PM
In an ideal Gotham; Joker would talk in Hamill's voice, act with Ledger's mannerisms, alternate their laughs and wear Nicholson's costumes. Undecided on makeup/vat issue.

Also in that ideal Gotham, Batsy would be exactly like in BTAS.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-10-04, 07:21 PM
In an ideal Gotham; Joker would talk in Hamill's voice, act with Ledger's mannerisms, alternate their laughs and wear Nicholson's costumes. Undecided on makeup/vat issue.

Also in that ideal Gotham, Batsy would be exactly like in BTAS.

I thought I was the only nutter on this playground who called him Batsy <3

I prefer Hamill's laugh, actually, but I just don't think he would have worked in the Nolanverse =/
Like I said earlier, he's too "realistic" (note the quotationmarks. Those are important), and Hamill is really, really fantastic and over the top. If they would have used his voice as a dub over, it would have been perfect for Nicholson's image...if we had even known of Hamill's awesome Joker power at the time.