PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Creatures, Wacky Animals

Eloel
2009-10-04, 12:35 AM
I've recently got into the old-ish strategy game, Impossible Creatures. The optimizer inside me loved the game, and spent more time creating an army than playing.

My favorite combo so far is the Zebrupine, with Zebra legs and Porcupine body-tail-head.

So, what is everyone's experience with the game? Maybe people can share their secret recipes here :smallcool:

Also, anyone care to play it over Hamachi or something?

The Tygre
2009-10-04, 12:43 AM
Ooh, it's been ages since I've played Impossible Creatures. I remember how the British scientist was ultra-hotness...

*wipes away drool*

But anyway, I've got a few little recipes. By now, I'm sure you've realized the ultimate technique; mixing large animals with small animals will produce stronger creatures. The ultimate combinations I've always seen involve the Sperm Whale. One of them is affectionately known as 'the Rancor'. Mix the gorilla with the Sperm Whale, all gorilla, except for the head and a tail for swimming. My favorite though is a little one I call 'Leviathan'; take a wolverine and a Sperm Whale. All wolverine but the tail (of course). Unleash, and watch the Hell break loose. Of course, there's also the online expansion pack with extra insects, including a giant one called 'the Behemoth', so I might need to experiment a little bit more...

Eloel
2009-10-04, 01:15 AM
Small + Big gives good results in damage from the small one's attacks. Dragonfly (was it?) combined with the Sperm Whale, gets a STRONG Swooping Attack. I'm also a fan of the Eel's ranged attack, yet the best I could get it was putting it on a mammoth for good HP. I think turtling it could also work, but didn't try.

Avilan the Grey
2009-10-04, 03:21 AM
I remember that game. If I didn't know better I'd say a Wizard did it. All of it :smalltongue:

Seriously, an Owlbear is nothing compared to what you can breed...

Poil
2009-10-04, 03:33 AM
If you go mammoth instead of spermwhale with the dragonfly you get a better bite attack, but it's a little weaker (and cheaper) overall though.

Gorilla with crocodile head and tail is awesome. Probably not the best but it's not horrendously expensive so you can afford a bunch.

Why would you mix a gorilla with the spermwhale when a chimpanzee gives you TWO ranged splash attacks?

I love that game. :smallsmile:

toasty
2009-10-04, 03:39 AM
I remember that game. I loved it so much when I got it... I played the campaign until I got bored and sick and tired of being unable to defeat the enemy, but the Skirmishes where still a hell of a lot of fun.

Dogmantra
2009-10-04, 03:49 AM
I found my disc for this yesterday, actually. I played my brother. He won, mostly because I end up making an army with a level one and two in "just in case". The fact that my other creatures suck too didn't help.

Eloel
2009-10-04, 03:53 AM
I think we should get a multiplayer going on some time, with this many lovers of the game :)

Moonshadow
2009-10-04, 04:13 AM
Never played this game, but it looks fairly awesome, so I think I will track down a copy :smallsmile:

Solaris
2009-10-04, 04:16 AM
I've always wanted to play this game, but I've never been able to track down a copy.
This makes me sad. No mad science and crimes against nature for me.

Dihan
2009-10-04, 05:43 AM
I loved this game. My favourite RTS ever! :smallbiggrin:

Athaniar
2009-10-04, 09:11 AM
Two threads about the same obscure game in such a short period of time? Wow.

But yeah, I should probably play this again. It's been a long time since last.

Vetreon
2009-10-04, 09:15 AM
Never heard about this game, but it looks/sounds amazing!
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this next time I happen to stumble into some video game store.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-04, 10:39 AM
Ahhh, the memories...the fond, fond memories, of hideous crimes against the natural order and funny accents. The plot was rubbish, but the cutscene where you sank the fat boss guy into the ocean was awesome.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-04, 12:37 PM
I remember this game. :smallbiggrin:

It was pretty fun to make creatures, but the gameplay was rather meh.
The online servers NEVER had anyone on them either. :smalltongue:

Having replayed it again, I agree with The_Glyphstone. That cutscene was great.