PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Encounter help.

Malacode
2009-10-04, 02:07 AM
So I just got a Tomb Kings Ushabti model, the one with the Jackal head (http://www.electricocean.com/gtpics/011/Tomb_Kings_Ushabti.jpg), and I -really- would like to use it for something... But I don't collect Tomb Kings, so a game of Warhammer is out.
I do, however, DM a group of friends. Our next game is to be set in a trap-filled tomb, with lots of mindgames, but I know the two kick-in-the-door players would like some action too. So I'm figuring that I'll use it then, as a "final boss" once they get past all the puzzles. For me to use it as a boss, it needs stats. Does anyone know of any large undead of CR 6/7 that fit with an undead statue of Anubis? Hell, a construct would work just as well. I'm just after stats. Thanks in advance, Playgrounders.

TL;DR: Need help finding stats for this model (http://www.electricocean.com/gtpics/011/Tomb_Kings_Ushabti.jpg).

Zaydos
2009-10-04, 02:15 AM
Well first thing that come to mind are the marruspawn from Sandstorm... but I'm not sure what their fluff is (having never used the book) and they're not undead or constructs. Just in Core the first thing to come to mind is a flesh golem with a jackal head, possibly removing the berserk trait. Other than that maybe marruspawn with a mummy template (I know there was one in Savage Species and I think one in Librismortis). I hope this helped.

Edit: Flesh golems don't have glaives though... hmm...

Xefas
2009-10-04, 02:24 AM
A Bleakborn from the Libris Mortis might be cool. Its a CR 7 undead, has a cold melee attack that heals itself, drains the life (and heat) from those around it (which also heals it), and is healed by fire damage. So, lots of healing, which is generally good for a long-lasting boss battle.

You'd just need to reflavor its slam attack into a big axe...thing. Whatever that is that the Anubis mini is wielding.

Kol Korran
2009-10-04, 03:29 AM
I'd suggest a simpler idea (IMO at least)- make it a mummy lord: take the stats for a mummy, and add 2 levels of fighter or warblade or another martial class (barb might work well as well...) and just say it's gnoll/ dog headed shaped.

Malacode
2009-10-04, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but I think I'll go with the large Marruspawn (I can't believe I didn't think to look in that book!). I was going to have it led by an undead Sorceror, but the medium size Marruspawn makes a perfect replacement for that part too. I'm not entirely sure about the mummy template, that pushes it from "Tough fight at end of day" to "BBEG" levels. Thanks for all the help, guys.