PDA

View Full Version : And now... 40!

Killer Angel
2009-10-04, 03:38 AM
Yep, today's my birthday, and I'm finally entering the forties!
well, let's keep the dices rolling! :smallsmile:

(question: who is the oldest member in the playground?)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-04, 03:41 AM
Grats!

I think the top three oldest playgrounders are: Zeb the Troll, Smellie Hippie and Bor the Barbarian Monk

May or may not be right.

Vetreon
2009-10-04, 03:47 AM
This calls for cake!
Happy birthday, Angel! :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2009-10-04, 03:50 AM
Grats!

I think the top three oldest playgrounders are: Zeb the Troll, Smellie Hippie and Bor the Barbarian Monk

May or may not be right.
I seriously think that someone older than them frequents, but may not post much. Unless Zeb and Hippie are much older than I think....

Also, congrats Killer! :smallbiggrin:

KataraAltinaII
2009-10-04, 03:51 AM
This calls for cake!
Happy birthday, Angel! :smallbiggrin:

this.

and happy birthday. how's it feel to have hit the age of dangerous napping? [see also--the book with said title]

toasty
2009-10-04, 04:01 AM

Actually I'd be more interested in knowing the median age. Because as far as I can tell most of the people I role-play with online (Not here; elsewhere) are 5-10 years older than me (I'm nearly 18). I wonder if the GitP has a similar median age. Though obviously this site does have a lot of younger members.

Before I forget: Happy Birthday! And FYI if anyone tells you that you're old, that's okay; my dad stopped having birthdays when he turned 39. :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-04, 04:08 AM
I seriously think that someone older than them frequents, but may not post much. Unless Zeb and Hippie are much older than I think....

Also, congrats Killer! :smallbiggrin:
True, but of these people I know. >.>

Also Zeb IS Grandpa itp. >.>

Nameless
2009-10-04, 04:09 AM
Grats!

May or may not be right.

Don't forget Q, he's in his 80's! :smallbiggrin:

And happy Birthday Killer! :smallsmile:

Solaris
2009-10-04, 04:14 AM
Happy birthday. You're now officially a Fossilbones in the Playground.

Anuan
2009-10-04, 04:36 AM
Happy birthday!

Isn't Trog in his forties, too?

Trog
2009-10-04, 05:02 AM
Happy birthday!

Isn't Trog in his forties, too?

Nope. :smallamused:

Also: Happy Birthday! :smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2009-10-04, 05:34 AM
Happy Birthday

and yes, you're older than I am. I'll hit 40 in 2 years.

Here's a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27220) Indurain did on that topic. :smallamused:

Zar Peter
2009-10-04, 05:40 AM
Grats!

May or may not be right.

You're mentioning the young guy Smellie but forget about me? :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

And congrats for the 40's Killer Angel, I'll join as soon as I can (which is in less than 4 years)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-04, 05:42 AM
Nah, that Zar dude is some gnome that's what? 23 years old?:smalltongue::smallwink:

wxdruid
2009-10-04, 05:45 AM
According to Zeb the Troll's acct (and Chunklets).... I'm older than he is (sorry for peeking at your listed birthday)

Mountain_Faerie
2009-10-04, 05:59 AM
Grats!

May or may not be right.

Actually, Zeb and Hippie are both in their 30's. Bor is in his early forties.

Eon
2009-10-04, 09:09 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-04, 09:12 AM
Wow, you're ancient! :smallbiggrin: Happy birthday!

Pika...
2009-10-04, 10:17 AM

Congrats on making it so long.

And prepare yourself for all the old man jokes about to come your way. :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2009-10-04, 11:11 AM
Congrats on making it so long.

And prepare yourself for all the old man jokes about to come your way. :smallbiggrin:

Thinking on it, it's more than half of my life that I'm playing D&D (and other games). Starting at the age of 18, are 22 years of playing (and I'm not the oldest of my gaming group, our current record is 46).

...it's about time to buy for my first daughter a puppet of Chthulu! :smallbiggrin:

Thanks to all of you for the congrats!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-04, 11:12 AM
Oh, if she's young. Or erm, doesn't really matter, she'l love chibithulhu anyway.

skywalker
2009-10-04, 11:30 AM
Happy Birthday

Here's a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27220) Indurain did on that topic. :smallamused:

That thread is old... I was almost certain Zeb was at least 40, but I guess I'm mistaken.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Killer Angel!

I would like to know who is oldest as well. For some reason I feel certain it's not Bor, altho I also feel that he's close to the oldest, or the oldest who posts regularly. Then again, since Bor had an age re-calculation, he may not be the oldest anymore.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-04, 12:44 PM
Happy Birthday

Hey, I remember that thread.

Happy birthday Killer Angel!

Elfin
2009-10-04, 12:47 PM
Happy Birthday!

As for oldest playgrounder, isn't David Argall in his 60s?

golentan
2009-10-04, 12:51 PM
Depending on sourcing, I may be over 8000 years old. That isn't from a credible witness though.

Congrats on the big For Oh. That's 2/5ths of a century. Makes a girl think.

Fostire
2009-10-04, 12:56 PM
Thinking on it, it's more than half of my life that I'm playing D&D (and other games). Starting at the age of 18, are 22 years of playing (and I'm not the oldest of my gaming group, our current record is 46).

I'm half your age and have been playing dnd for half as long as you :smallbiggrin:

Happy birthday :smallsmile:

TehSheen
2009-10-04, 02:00 PM
Happy birthday! You're now 40 years "young". :smallbiggrin:

Perenelle
2009-10-04, 02:37 PM
happy birthday!!! :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2009-10-04, 02:56 PM
*hands can of Febreze*

It's for the old person smell that's going to be following you around. :smallcool:

Castaras
2009-10-04, 03:57 PM
Grats!

May or may not be right.

Lensman's older, I'm pretty sure.

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-10-04, 05:26 PM
I don't know who is the oldest regular poster, but I'm 44 as of last May.

Not the oldest, but probably I'm near the end of the Age Bell Curve...

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-05, 06:27 AM

Not the oldest, but probably I'm near the end of the Age Bell Curve...I think you might have it, Surf. At least as far as regular posters. I know Bor is 42 this year. I only recently turned 38. So while Gwen is older than I am, it isn't by much. :smallcool:

Of those Venerable itP that I know, there seem to be a disproportionate number that were born in 1971 (let's hear it for the Year of the Boar!).

I maintain, however, that I am the only one (who will admit) to have offspring who is a full grown gamer and not just a gamer spawn (she's spawned her own, actually).

Cyrion
2009-10-05, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the club Killer Angel. I haven't really noticed getting older except for the fact that I heal more slowly than I used to. The things I'd do for a CLW spell...

42 in December and gaming for the past thirty-two of those.

Killer Angel
2009-10-05, 11:20 AM
42 in December and gaming for the past thirty-two of those.

Wow... that's an impressive gaming time!

Also, it's interesting the (false) impression that sometime you can have about some playgrounders.
For example, I usually don't lurk the info of the user's public profiles, but I have the false idea that Surfing half orc was younger than me (and he's not), while in my mind, Mattew is older...
Maybe is the user's title, maybe it's the avatar.

As a side note: what's your dearest memory of playing time?

Mine was in the year 2000: at the italian national convention (a sort of GenCon, but smaller), we have for the first time, as special guest, Gygax himself... we were obviously very excited.
Well, that year, with my gaming group, we won (for the first and only time) both the D&D crawl and the D&D tournament, and we received the cups directly from His hands, with handshakes. Men, I was drunk with happiness!
:smallbiggrin::smallcool::smallsmile:

Archonic Energy
2009-10-05, 11:27 AM
Useless info of the day.

Today is also Monty Python's "Birthday"

so, now for something completely different.

Ikialev
2009-10-05, 02:53 PM
Dave Argall is 64.

Delwugor
2009-10-05, 04:17 PM

Happy Birthday you old fart, can you hear me?

Oh crap I'm older than you by 4 years, maybe not the oldest but old ... old ... so old ... what were we talking about?

Gullara
2009-10-05, 05:45 PM
Happy 40th!!!
This special day needs cake
http://www.easy-cake-ideas.com/images/40th-birthday-cake-21134656.jpg

Castaras
2009-10-09, 04:28 PM

Not the oldest, but probably I'm near the end of the Age Bell Curve...

Lensman's 2 years older than you. :smallamused: He wins.

*runs and hides*

Chunklets
2009-10-09, 04:33 PM

Happy 40th, sir, from a wee sprog of 38!