PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Mina Kobold
2009-11-02, 12:13 PM
I won't be joining in, as such. But i've given Kpenguin (and anybody else involved) permission to use my characters.

The reboot seems like an awesome idea to me, by the way. And this time there won't be any of my hideous art. :smalltongue:

Salmon! Welcome, you must stay for tea this time and visit more often. :smalltongue:

Now seriously, you don't seem to participate in ABR much anymore, how come?

Almighty Salmon
2009-11-02, 12:26 PM
Salmon! Welcome, you must stay for tea this time and visit more often. :smalltongue:

Aw heck, I didn't realise this place had a supply of tea for visitors, what have I been missing!

Now seriously, you don't seem to participate in ABR much anymore, how come?

Iunno, when I started college I kinda fell off the ABR wagon. I still lurk here a lot of the time, though.

Darklord Bright
2009-11-02, 12:48 PM
I'm just glad we might be able to simulate some of the "Good old days" of fun and spontaneous ABR.

Grim ranger
2009-11-02, 01:40 PM
Holy...Salmon? For real? Can I have autograph? :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-02, 01:44 PM
Holy...Salmon? For real? Can I have autograph? :smallbiggrin:

You'll have to pay to see the Salmon, tea ain't cheap. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-11-02, 01:55 PM
Aw heck, I didn't realise this place had a supply of tea for visitors, what have I been missing!

Iunno, when I started college I kinda fell off the ABR wagon. I still lurk here a lot of the time, though.

Seriously, you need to stick around more. You're like ABR royalty.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-02, 01:57 PM
Seriously, you need to stick around more. You're like ABR royalty.

NAh, more like ABR Adam or maybe even god. I mean, he did start the first plot.

Grim ranger
2009-11-02, 02:57 PM
Where would this reboot start then? How much of the timeline should be forgotten?

And I am totally bringing Grim to this plot, he had so little screentime in orginal FFF... maybe because I was, and still am, rather inexperienced ABR:ite :smalltongue::smallredface:

And I totally know his theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNttZECoiI) this time. Just because it sounds badass :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-02, 03:36 PM
Where would this reboot start then? How much of the timeline should be forgotten?

And I am totally bringing Grim to this plot, he had so little screentime in orginal FFF... maybe because I was, and still am, rather inexperienced ABR:ite :smalltongue::smallredface:

And I totally know his theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNttZECoiI) this time. Just because it sounds badass :smalltongue:

I think it supposing to starts all over from the very start but keeping some events to happen.

I'll be making an entirely new character for the plot.

Awesome... I wish I could hear what they're singing.

Mad Mask
2009-11-02, 04:12 PM

I think it should start a few years before Original Fat Fish Fury, showing what the characters did prior to adventuring and how they met, instead of beginning in medias res.

SinisterPenguin
2009-11-02, 05:21 PM
So who shall join me? Who shall me join me in the adventure of....

FAT FISH FURY: REBOOT

I'm in! Partly because I helped think up the idea. Well, sort of. Kinda. A little.

I was in the IRC at the time of the conception, anyway. >_>

X2
2009-11-02, 05:53 PM
I won't be joining straight away...

Mostly because of hissing scathing jealousy.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-02, 06:03 PM
I think it should start a few years before Original Fat Fish Fury, showing what the characters did prior to adventuring and how they met, instead of beginning in medias res.

Oh no. Don't you start messing with this plot too! :smallmad:

:smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-11-02, 06:30 PM
NAh, more like ABR Adam or maybe even god. I mean, he did start the first plot.

Actually, KP did. Salmon and TS just happened to be there. It was just another bizarre series, really, until KP brought in the Talisman.
However, if KP's only response is to insult me, I've lost all respect for him. I don't insult people when they disagree with me, it's petty and pointless. But it would appear that KP disagrees.
/\Hey, MM gets a bad rap for 'messing' with FFF, but in my opinion, he had a lot of things right.
What bugs me most is the continuity. I mean, are these different people in a similar plotline? Cause if it's an alternate reality, then: :smallyuk:

kpenguin
2009-11-02, 06:52 PM
I insulted you? Where?

I just said that you are free to not participate and that you won't be missed in FFF:Reboot. Because you were never a main character in the first place.

V'icternus
2009-11-02, 07:10 PM
I think he felt insulted not strictly by what you said, but by the manner in which you said it.

Just my opinion...

Ichneumon
2009-11-03, 12:26 AM
I've given KPenguin permission to use my character. I will, most likely, not join in, (although I might, if it turns out good and I have more spare time than I thought), in any way Kpenguin is free to do anything with her he wants, even kill her. If I want to join in again, I'll find a way to do so anyway.

kpenguin
2009-11-03, 12:47 AM
And so the pieces come together...

Ichneumon
2009-11-03, 01:04 AM
Good luck, I thin it's a great idea.

I have to start thinking of doing a reboot of my very first web comic...

kpenguin
2009-11-03, 01:13 AM
Hey, does anyone know where I can find pictures of Plot and Plotus. I think they look like a giant plot goblin and monogoblin respectively, but I want to get their looks right.

Bayar
2009-11-03, 02:10 AM
Hey, does anyone know where I can find pictures of Plot and Plotus. I think they look like a giant plot goblin and monogoblin respectively, but I want to get their looks right.

Good luck with that, there are somewhere in the archives, before Mecha Nightwing invaded Blauport. I think.

kpenguin
2009-11-03, 02:38 AM
You know what? Rebooted plot means rebooted appearances....

Here's my take on Plotus and Plot.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Plotus.gifhttp://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Plot.gif

Grim ranger
2009-11-03, 03:23 AM
Heh, so they are going to think "screw it" and reboot the FFF universe? Interesting, now we actually have time to do kind of "Flashbacks", or completely new story. I will introduce other characters than Grim too, naturally, like his best friend (who, you guess it, is going to bite it along the story, but only after going out like Badass).

Lyinginbedmon
2009-11-03, 05:05 AM
You know what? Rebooted plot means rebooted appearances....

Here's my take on Plotus and Plot.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Plotus.gifhttp://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Plot.gif

Definitely a resemblance.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/OotS/VsSalmon27.png
How come Plotus looks so evil though? Aren't they both essentially Neutral, but with differing ideals?

The Gremlin
2009-11-03, 10:00 AM
KP, telling someone that they will not be missed is generally considered an insult. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but that's how it sounded.
And I tend to agree, Plot, if anyone, should be the evil interfering guy.
Nobody has answered my question, though: What about continuity? :smallconfused:

kpenguin
2009-11-03, 10:02 AM
He looks evil? Badass was more what I was going for. Its the big glowing red eye, isn't it?

@Grem: Well, I'm sorry it sounded that way. I was just meaning I wouldn't necessarily need you in the new plot because your character was never really important and wouldn't be missed if removed.

As for continuity... its not in continuity with the greater ABR multiverse. For all intents and purposes, its its own thing. Nobody asks whether the old BSG and the new BSG fit together in continuity, after all.

@Lying: So, are you going to participate in FFF:R or no? If not, I've got a bit of a vision for a reimagining of Igon.

EDIT: And now I've got permission from Mechafox/Fawkes to use his character as well. All the pieces are coming together just as I hoped...

Ichneumon
2009-11-03, 10:46 AM
I'd love to see your reimaging of Ichneumon, when you've drawn it.:smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-11-03, 10:46 AM
I think it's the jagged edges and points that make him look evil, actually. Properly done the glowing red eye wouldn't seem too bad.

Well given my current situation I'll probably not be able to do many big comics, though small incidental pieces are possible.

As to Lying, As long as you let me know what you're up to (And let me veto anything I consider outside his character) I don't mind too much what you do with him.

I'll certainly participate where I can.

Nameless
2009-11-03, 10:48 AM
Definitely a resemblance.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/OotS/VsSalmon27.png
How come Plotus looks so evil though? Aren't they both essentially Neutral, but with differing ideals?

Ah, the good ol' days... :smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2009-11-03, 10:55 AM
He looks evil? Badass was more what I was going for. Its the big glowing red eye, isn't it?

@Grem: Well, I'm sorry it sounded that way. I was just meaning I wouldn't necessarily need you in the new plot because your character was never really important and wouldn't be missed if removed.

:smallfrown:
Well, good luck with that plot. Personally, I prefer things to follow some sort of continuity, but whatever.
On the bright side, it probably won't last, anyways. Only True FFF has the strength to do so.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-03, 11:16 AM
Well, good luck with that plot. Personally, I prefer things to follow some sort of continuity, but whatever.
On the bright side, it probably won't last, anyways. Only True FFF has the strength to do so.

Ditto ditto, but this sounds fun to me.¨

Don't be so negative, be happy! :smallbiggrin:

Darklord Bright
2009-11-03, 11:50 AM

"True FFF" being the recent FFF which deviated completely from the rapidly-updating and generally enjoyed original comics?

Bayar
2009-11-03, 11:52 AM
"True FFF" being the recent FFF which deviated completely from the rapidly-updating and generally enjoyed original comics?

Seconding this statemant.

Darklord Bright
2009-11-03, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I was re-reading the archives to get into the spirit of the reboot, and sure, the first comics were hectic and unstructured - but they were moving and they were fun.

Ichneumon
2009-11-03, 12:02 PM
I always thought that the problem wasn't plot, the problem was far-reaching overly planned plots which need too much thinking and can't be explained in 2-3 sentences. However, people disagree on this, so I think it is good that people have a choice.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-11-03, 12:07 PM
I think the comparison is basically Charlie the Unicorn versus JRR Tolkien.

Darklord Bright
2009-11-03, 12:07 PM
I always thought that the problem wasn't plot, the problem was far-reaching overly planned plots which need too much thinking and can't be explained in 2-3 sentences. However, people disagree on this, so I think it is good that people have a choice.

I agree, it's not plot, but the tight restrictiveness in which it became implemented. At the beginning, pretty much everyone just plopped down their ideas for plot and pretty much anything unexpected could happen so long as you didn't directly contradict a previous comic. The canon was decided by everyone. (A much better system, IMO) - but after a while people planned so much that people stopped being able to be spontaneous anymore, and a lot of people who were in it for the freedom left when it started being removed.

Silverraptor
2009-11-03, 12:11 PM
I feel so out of place here, being only a recent member of ABR.:smallfrown:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-03, 12:18 PM
I feel so out of place here, being only a recent member of ABR.:smallfrown:

I weren't around back then either, you just need to read the archive :smallbiggrin:

Ichneumon
2009-11-03, 12:28 PM
I think the comparison is basically Charlie the Unicorn versus JRR Tolkien.

I think a comparison like The Smurfs cartoon vs Avatar is more appropriate, (ignoring the fact of course that one is for small children and not so epic and the other is). The Smurfs have simple plots which are easily resolved within one small episode (they might just as well be epic and dramatical, yet they aren't because of the small children thing). There might be an overarching plot and even character development. The characters aren't all one-dimensional, but they are easy to understand. Avatar though is almost not understandable on an individual episode basis if you don't understand the setting and the basis for every character. Or its more like Dragonball Z, instead of Avatar...

Darklord Bright
2009-11-03, 01:06 PM
TS power level was OVER NINE THOUSAND?

Mina Kobold
2009-11-03, 02:11 PM
TS power level was OVER NINE THOUSAND?

First of all, that's horribly cliché. second, I don't think ThreeShades was that powerful considering she couldn't have countered a earth-destroying blast of energy.

X2
2009-11-03, 06:56 PM
Ah screw it...

Count me in!

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-03, 09:37 PM
Friends! Allow me to share with you my glorious new fancomic to contiue to series of events that are my characters' backstories! The link is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130427)!

...I feel kinda bad for bumping three different threads to advertise my comic. But it is tradition to post links to your new comic in the discussion thread, isn't it?

X2
2009-11-03, 09:48 PM
Don't feel bad Q...

I'm sure your comic is good.

If not for the schools filter I could tell you for sure. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

The Gremlin
2009-11-03, 09:57 PM

I tend to agree. A lot of people had a huge problem with plot (coughcoughBayercoughcough)and wanted everything to be silly.
I would like to ask what the plan is to make this better. This sounds like a certain ('p' word)issue in which ('o' word)supposedly promised change and has not provided it. Not that I agree or disagree, just using it as an example.
GASP! I'M GONNA CAUSE A FLAME WAR WITH TALK LIKE THIS! :smallannoyed:
Annoying forum rules aside, so far KP's argument seems to be 'it's like FFF but DIFFERENT!'.
What is KP's plan to improve FFF? Remove serious plot? Make people stay on-topic (like MM was going to do with FFF, but nobody listens to me, grumble grumble)? :smallconfused:

kpenguin
2009-11-03, 10:00 PM
Going back to BRC's rules of ABR. Most prominently, nothing is canon until its a comic.

Which means long-term planning becomes less viable and spontaneity is more encouraged.

The Gremlin
2009-11-03, 10:05 PM
Going back to BRC's rules of ABR. Most prominently, nothing is canon until its a comic.

Which means long-term planning becomes less viable and spontaneity is more encouraged.

Alright, I guess that's doable.
What if we're explaining some new race that we developed? Or a new character?
EDIT: Hey guys, I've been thinking about doing a backstory comic! One that gets past it's second comic, of course. It's be about The Gremlin, my actual avvy!
Here's some concept art:http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9135/newcomic.png
What do you guys think?
Also, art would NOT be emphasized. So don't bug me about it.

kpenguin
2009-11-03, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, so I'm thinking we start FFF:R with TS already having some lackeys and Salmon already in an adventuring party.

I know that Kpen will be with Salmon and that Singuin and Calam have expressed interest in their characters being with TS.

Anyone else?

EDIT: Re-designed TS, Salmon, and Kpen:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/kpenguin_fffr-2.gif
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/3shades_ffr-4.gif
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Salmon-3.gif

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-04, 07:19 AM
Hey guys, so I'm thinking we start FFF:R with TS already having some lackeys and Salmon already in an adventuring party.

I know that Kpen will be with Salmon and that Singuin and Calam have expressed interest in their characters being with TS.

Anyone else?

I dunno. The Q team would probably stay neutral on this, helping both parties whenever they feel like it, but I am rather curious to see how things will turn out if they were on Threeshades' team the whole time. Working on the same team as Lyinginbedmon sounds like it could be funny. :smalltongue:

Plus, they would be more important if they were on a team. So yeah, I suppose they'll be on Threeshades' team.

V'icternus
2009-11-04, 08:07 AM

Anyone else?

EDIT: Re-designed TS, Salmon, and Kpen:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/kpenguin_fffr-2.gif
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/3shades_ffr-4.gif
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Salmon-3.gif

Awesome work, Kip.

How do you do it? :smalltongue:

Grim ranger
2009-11-05, 05:42 AM
I can't wait for FFF:R start! I never got to really take part in original FF, hopefully I got better luck this time around :smallsmile:

Also, I think that it would be neat to make ABR Tarot deck, just for the heck of it. Who's with me? :smalltongue:

Ninja Chocobo
2009-11-05, 06:55 AM
Also, I think that it would be neat to make ABR Tarot deck, just for the heck of it. Who's with me? :smalltongue:

Interesting to think about, if nothing else.
0: The Fool: YPU.
1: The Magician: kpenguin.
2: The Priestess: Tiffanie Lirle.
3: The Empress: Threeshades.
4: The Emperor: Almighty Salmon.
5: The Hierophant: Lyinginbedmon.
6: The Lovers: Ichneumon.
7: The Chariot: The Q.
8: Justice: Keris Rain.
9: The Hermit: ???
10: Wheel of Fortune: ???
11: Strength: ???
12: The Hanged Man: ???
13: Death: Nameless (Hmph).
14: Temperance: ???
15: The Devil: Gremlin.
16: The Tower: Calamity (fnarr fnarr).
17: The Star: ???
18: The Moon: Yours truly.
19: The Sun: ???
20: Judgement: Mad Mask.
21: The World: The thread itself.

More to come as I think of them.

e: Sod it. More ain't coming for a while.

Mad Mask
2009-11-05, 07:01 AM
Awesome work, Kip.

How do you do it? :smalltongue:

Well, he has Adobe Illustrator. That probably helps a bit. :smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-11-05, 07:34 AM
Soon I shall have my Adobe back… And then… Then you shall feel my wrath! BWOHAHAHAHA!

Bayar
2009-11-05, 07:58 AM
Soon I shall have my Adobe back… And then… Then you shall feel my wrath! BWOHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, you should be more careful with that thing, it spreads like a disease.

This guy caught it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=46503

Better mail him or report him for artistic theft or something.

Nameless
2009-11-05, 08:06 AM
Yeah, you should be more careful with that thing, it spreads like a disease.

This guy caught it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=46503

Better mail him or report him for artistic theft or something.

Why does his avi look suspiciously like my own? :smallconfused:

Ichneumon
2009-11-05, 08:37 AM

The file (of his avatar) is also named "Nameles".

Mina Kobold
2009-11-05, 08:51 AM

I think it was your avatar... A long time ago.

Bayar
2009-11-05, 09:07 AM

Because it is your own.

Nameless
2009-11-05, 09:24 AM
Actually, it looks like the work of Elrond, that definitely isn't my drawing.

Falgorn
2009-11-05, 09:35 AM
Well, it wasn't his work. The file's name is "Nameless_01," so odds are, it's you. Don't know who the artist is, though.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-05, 09:40 AM
Actually, it looks like the work of Elrond, that definitely isn't my drawing.

Well we could be sure by looking at your old comics for comparison, if they weren't deleted that is.

Keris
2009-11-05, 09:50 AM
A quick comparison with Nameless as he appears in Elrond's comic "In the Playground", to me, confirms that he's the one who drew the avatar. Whether LordWolfgang took it without permission, or whether he simply requested a Grim Reaper avatar from Elrond and Elrond took the lazy route and reused his Nameless template is a matter I'm unsure on.

Well, he has Adobe Illustrator. That probably helps a bit. :smalltongue:
I have Illustrator. Hasn't helped my artwork so far. Although it would probably help if I actually used the program...

Mina Kobold
2009-11-05, 09:55 AM
I have Illustrator. Hasn't helped my artwork so far. Although it would probably help if I actually used the program...

It's better than if you had used paint or soething right?

The Gremlin
2009-11-05, 09:55 AM
Well, it wasn't his work. The file's name is "Nameless_01," so odds are, it's you. Don't know who the artist is, though.

I think Elrond either did that avvy for him, or the guy stole it from Elrond.
/\He did. :smallannoyed:

Keris
2009-11-05, 10:04 AM
It's better than if you had used paint or soething right?
I never used Paint. I started OotS style with Fireworks, then moved on to Inkscape when I stopped making avatars at school, and I now have access to Illustrator and Flash. However, I'm used to Inkscape, so I may stick with that.
And Paint is one of the simplest and most versatile graphics editors out there. It just requires actual ability to get the most out of, whereas vector graphics programs are far easier to make decent stick figures with.

/\He did. :smallannoyed:
Who did what?

The Gremlin
2009-11-05, 10:24 AM
I never used Paint. I started OotS style with Fireworks, then moved on to Inkscape when I stopped making avatars at school, and I now have access to Illustrator and Flash. However, I'm used to Inkscape, so I may stick with that.
And Paint is one of the simplest and most versatile graphics editors out there. It just requires actual ability to get the most out of, whereas vector graphics programs are far easier to make decent stick figures with.

Who did what?

Dangnabbed ninjas. Kev was asking whether Nameless deleted his art work. I replied that he had, but was ninjaed.

Nameless
2009-11-05, 10:26 AM
Dangnabbed ninjas. Kev was asking whether Nameless deleted his art work. I replied that he had, but was ninjaed.

Did I? :smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-05, 10:39 AM

Actually I stated that we could have checked them if he hadn't deleted them, not ask if he had.

@Nameless: Yes you did, try checking the archive.

@Keris: I think it depends on your definition of the word "helped"

-skimmer-
2009-11-05, 11:10 AM
@Nameless: Yes you did, try checking the archive.

He didn't, the links just works weird. You can view Nameless old comics when you copy-paste each image URL into browser of your choice.....

Keris
2009-11-05, 11:18 AM
Hmm, we'll have to see if Mecha Fawkes can be persuaded to fix that. The URLs just need the "www." taken out for the links to work.

Nameless
2009-11-05, 11:59 AM
He didn't, the links just works weird. You can view Nameless old comics when you copy-paste each image URL into browser of your choice.....

Or you can just ignore those old crude comics. Yes, ignore.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-05, 12:05 PM

Ironically that statement made me look them up, I wouldn't have otherwise :smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-11-05, 12:08 PM
Ironically that statement made me look them up, I wouldn't have otherwise :smalltongue:

*shudders*

Bayar
2009-11-05, 12:14 PM
*shudders*

Oh come on, Nameless, everybody started somewhere. Everybody had crappy first drawings.

Granted, not all have posted it on the internet, but still...

Mina Kobold
2009-11-05, 12:23 PM
Oh come on, Nameless, everybody started somewhere. Everybody had crappy first drawings.

Granted, not all have posted it on the internet, but still...

Yeah everyone draw poorly in the start, you should be happy for the progress you made and not worry about how it once was :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-11-05, 12:34 PM
Yeah everyone draw poorly in the start, you should be happy for the progress you made and not worry about how it once was :smallbiggrin:

Paint made me to it. o_o

Falgorn
2009-11-05, 12:34 PM
I just realized something, Tonight is Guy Fawkes Night! I had almost forgot! :smallbiggrin:

-skimmer-
2009-11-05, 01:06 PM
I just realized something, Tonight is Guy Fawkes Night! I had almost forgot! :smallbiggrin:

Hey, you! Made that FI template yet? I can't kick you in the butt when I don't know how it looks like:smalltongue:

Falgorn
2009-11-05, 03:25 PM
Hey, you! Made that FI template yet? I can't kick you in the butt when I don't know how it looks like:smalltongue:

Give me another year, I'm sure it'll be done, then!
In all seriousness, I was almost done, when I realized I had to redo it. So...yeah. Give me today and tomorrow.

The Gremlin
2009-11-05, 06:09 PM

Given that there's actually some important plot in there, no, we can't. Besides, it's confusing to newcomers when they can't read the whole thing. Like the fight in the Citadel. *Shudders*
I still have no real clue what happened there. Suddenly there's this guy with a chainsaw and hockey mask and a cyclops and stuff. :smalleek:

SinisterPenguin
2009-11-05, 07:27 PM
So, just to tell everyone who's making templates for FI, I've got a new (-ish) design of FI Sinister Penguin:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/sinisterpenguinfired-1.png

Only actual change is the scarf, but I thought I should let you know.

Khaeta
2009-11-05, 07:51 PM
I may also come up with a new template, but unfortuanately I really, really don't have time now...

Nameless
2009-11-06, 03:42 AM
FI Bizatch!

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/Xartyve/fi.png

With apologies to Mad Mask:smallfrown:

For the first time in a very very long time in ABR, I lul'd! :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2009-11-06, 04:54 AM

Seconded :smallbiggrin:

Falgorn
2009-11-06, 09:04 AM

I agree, sir! :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2009-11-06, 09:56 AM
I agree, sir! :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, nice one. :smallbiggrin:

Khaeta
2009-11-06, 10:25 AM
Niiiiiiiiice...

Methinks MM may not agree so much, however...

*falls over laughing*

kpenguin
2009-11-06, 10:27 AM
That's a pretty plain bedroom.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-06, 10:31 AM
That's a pretty plain bedroom.

Mad's the ABR incarnation of law, I'm surprised the poster's there.

kpenguin
2009-11-06, 10:32 AM
So... Mad is Plot? I'm guessing Nameless is Plotus then. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-06, 10:34 AM
So... Mad is Plot? I'm guessing Nameless is Plotus then. :smalltongue:

Sure, the incaration of chaos would be someone like Crimson but the watcher god could surely be Nameless.

Falgorn
2009-11-06, 10:36 AM
Am I the only one that remembers VampireRot? Whatever happened to him?:smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-06, 10:38 AM
Am I the only one that remembers VampireRot? Whatever happened to him?:smallconfused:

I don't know :smalleek:

Ichneumon
2009-11-06, 10:43 AM
Whatever happened to Nightwing? I think he should have at least a small cameo in FFF:R.

kpenguin
2009-11-06, 10:47 AM
I know I'm planning a few cameos or continuity gags here and there in FFF:R

Ichneumon
2009-11-06, 10:48 AM
I know I'm planning a few cameos or continuity gags here and there in FFF:R

I was counting on it. It's sort of mandatory, you know.:smallwink:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-11-06, 10:51 AM
Whatever happened to Nightwing? I think he should have at least a small cameo in FFF:R.
[secret text]
No.

Ichneumon
2009-11-06, 10:57 AM
[secret text]
No.

You don't see FFF:R as somewhat of a tribute to the entire ABR and what has happened with it since YPU starting it?

SinisterPenguin
2009-11-06, 11:27 AM

Indeed, 'twas funny.

Now go make that Finest comic, X2! :smallmad: :smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-11-06, 12:55 PM

Nightwing had to leave the Playground...life happened. We asked him for a favor, to change his avatar to his old Nightwing avatar and he accepted. Said that he might still lurk around, watching to see if he still gets killed.

We should have one day a month dedicated for Nightwing killing, as a celebration :biggrin:

The Gremlin
2009-11-06, 06:35 PM
Actually, we COULD put Nightwing in there. While a group is waking around, they see Nightwing narrating them.
NW: The intrepid group of adventurers make their way along the dusty road, unaware of the danger ahead of them!
Person #1: Who's that?
NW: "Who's that?" One of the adventurers asks in confusion. Suddenly, there is a dark blur before them! It is me, Nightwing!
Person #2: Um, you're standing in the same spot as before. :smallconfused:
NW: "Um, you're standing in the same spot as before." Says one of the foolish group. Those are his last words, for in a flash, he is dead, his skull crushed by my batons.
Person #3: Um, no you didn't. Dude, be quiet, you're annoying.
NW: "Um, no you"--
Person #3: ARG! *Stabs NW*
NW: "Arg!" The adventurer cries as he struggles to--
Person #3: *Stabs again* WHY WON'T YOU DIE ALREADY?!
NW: "WHY WON'T"--
Person #3: SHUT UP!

CrimsonAngel
2009-11-06, 06:52 PM
Am I.... annoying?

Mina Kobold
2009-11-07, 04:23 AM
Am I.... annoying?

Not right now you aren't. :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-11-07, 05:43 AM

He left the Playground, he even said so.

CrimsonAngel
2009-11-07, 08:19 AM
Not right now you aren't. :smallbiggrin:

:smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-07, 08:24 AM
:smallannoyed:

What?... I can't keep an eye on you all the time, how am I supposed to tell if you are annoying when you aren't here?

It was well meant.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-07, 09:59 AM
Am I.... annoying?

You can be, when you're posting random crap that makes no sense and has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

The Gremlin
2009-11-07, 12:02 PM
Am I.... annoying?

I would say so, sorry. But in an endearing way.

kpenguin
2009-11-07, 01:10 PM
You can be, when you're posting random crap that makes no sense and has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

:smallamused:

The Gremlin
2009-11-07, 01:16 PM
:smallamused:

Hey, guys, sorry for the non sequitar, but how do you change your username? The FAQ says only in extreme circumstances, but Q and Troll did it. :smallconfused:
Also, THAT'S how you change the subject, as opposed to 'how do I change my username?'

Ichneumon
2009-11-07, 01:21 PM
Hey, guys, sorry for the non sequitar, but how do you change your username? The FAQ says only in extreme circumstances, but Q and Troll did it. :smallconfused:
Also, THAT'S how you change the subject, as opposed to 'how do I change my username?'

Link to thread about name changes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108349)

kpenguin
2009-11-07, 01:21 PM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108349):smallsmile:

EDIT: Wasp ninja'd!

Falgorn
2009-11-07, 01:26 PM
I did it! Why'd you leave me out! Oh yeah, and the links are above.

Mad Mask
2009-11-07, 02:22 PM
Kpenguin! You are truly awesome. :smalleek::smallbiggrin:
Wonderful comics, heh. Gives me ideas for FI.
I just wanted to tell you this.

Ichneumon
2009-11-07, 02:24 PM
EDIT: Wasp ninja'd!

Ichneumon strikes again!

The Gremlin
2009-11-07, 03:19 PM
Well, I did it! I changed my name from...
The Gremlin...to...THE GREMLIN!
Got that? Now you morons can quit calling me 'The_Gremlin'. :smallannoyed:

kpenguin
2009-11-07, 03:50 PM
Nobody use the "The" in your name anyway :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-07, 04:03 PM
Well, I did it! I changed my name from...
The Gremlin...to...THE GREMLIN!
Got that? Now you morons can quit calling me 'The_Gremlin'. :smallannoyed:

I don't use titles that aren't deserved anyway so I'll just keep calling you 'Grem' :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 04:51 AM
Welp, FFF:R is finally up. Sorry it took so long. I get busy with RL and distracted with the intarwebz and just plain lazy some times.

Darklord Bright
2009-11-08, 04:58 AM
Welp, FFF:R is finally up. Sorry it took so long. I get busy with RL and distracted with the intarwebz and just plain lazy some times.

Taking a week for a 6 page plot intro is never too long.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-08, 05:12 AM

It was incredible fast by ABR standards :smallbiggrin:

Just a question; we can create whatever character we want right?

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 05:13 AM
Within reason. Don't make his power level OVAR 9000! or be otherwise disruptive.

Ichneumon
2009-11-08, 05:19 AM
That's amazing, kpenguin, keep up the good work!

Mina Kobold
2009-11-08, 05:36 AM
Within reason. Don't make his power level OVAR 9000! or be otherwise disruptive.

Of course not, I'm thinking of some sort of Badass Normal, maybe mute but I'm not sure... Could be problematic.

V'icternus
2009-11-08, 05:48 AM
KP?

That was perhaps the most epic intro to almost anything I've ever seen ever.

Here, have this internet I found under a rock. It's shaped like a snake egg, so you know it's an internet. Careful, though, wherever it goes, and angry snake follows for some reason.

I hope the awesomness of this intro reflects the awesomeness that is to come, because I'm gonna read through these comics, and I don't wanna get bored.

Grim ranger
2009-11-08, 06:32 AM
kpenguin, that comic was awesome.

'Nuff said :smallbiggrin:

Squark
2009-11-08, 09:23 AM
I think I'm going to remove Squark from FI and use him in the FFF reboot (It'll make (some) sense).

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-08, 09:40 AM
I guess that's...one way to start a plot. I gotta hand it to you Kpenjerk, you certainly know how to start these things off with a bang. :smallamused:

I guess I'm in, and going to be joining this plot a lot sooner. Which will be difficult for me since I do not have a lot of time on my hands. I don't even have enough time to make an avatar and banners for my newest fancomics and a signature! :smalleek:

And I am somewhat debating with myself whether or not I should try setting up my Vert Doom subplot again but with more subtley and less disurption of the main plot, or just to forget the whole thing. :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-11-08, 10:14 AM
I think I'm going to remove Squark from FI and use him in the FFF reboot (It'll make (some) sense).

Why can't you use them in both? And if you decide that this is your final judgment, do I have your permission to use him?

Are you still going to participate in FI with Talia and James?

Almighty Salmon
2009-11-08, 12:15 PM
Holy heck, K-to-the-P. That was frickin' awesome.

The Gremlin
2009-11-08, 12:17 PM
Hang on, so this is actually canon in the Avbaroy universe? I just figured it was an unexplained plot, but if this is the product of Plotus making his own world for his own plot, then that seems okay. I will consider entering.
Because it would appear that the plots I have entered thus far have died.

Mad Mask
2009-11-08, 12:19 PM
FFF:R is not in the Avbaroy multiverse. It is in a separate continuity.

The Gremlin
2009-11-08, 12:33 PM
FFF:R is not in the Avbaroy multiverse. It is in a separate continuity.

Ah, alright. KP's comic suggested otherwise. :smallannoyed:

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 12:39 PM
Actually, I've decided that it is part of the ABR multiverse, but I'm going to go ahead and say now that I would not approve of any crossover between FFF/FI and FFF:R. The way I see it, FFF is Earth 616 and FFF:R is Earth 1610.

I will consider entering.
Because it would appear that the plots I have entered thus far have died.

Wait... so you're entering FFF:R because you want to kill it? :smalltongue:

And I am somewhat debating with myself whether or not I should try setting up my Vert Doom subplot again but with more subtley and less disurption of the main plot, or just to forget the whole thing. :smalltongue:

Subplots are good, but subplots involving things that could potentially destroy the world of ABR and are thus more important than the main plot are bad.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-08, 12:39 PM
Ah, alright. KP's comic suggested otherwise. :smallannoyed:

In this continuity FI never happens as the gods rewinded it all, thus it can't be the same one as FI.:smallbiggrin:

Darklord Bright
2009-11-08, 12:40 PM
In the spirit of ABR, I have entered my Absolute Nutjob Wannabe Overlord character.

Falgorn
2009-11-08, 12:47 PM
I would say I'd like to join FFF:R, but I have no expierence, class, social skills, or anything else redeeming. And, I don't want to get beaten by shady men carrying pipes and baseball bats.

So...yeah. Nice comics, you two.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-08, 12:55 PM
In the spirit of ABR, I have entered my Absolute Nutjob Wannabe Overlord character.

I feel like introducing a character too... but I still can't decide wether it's gonna be a mute one or not.

Grim ranger
2009-11-08, 12:56 PM

Interesting character...I see certain resemblance to my character in Voyage city (which has seemingly died off. Shame, it was good idea :smallfrown:).

I might make a comic soon too. I am just torn between coming up with new character and explaining some of Grim's origins...

Darklord Bright
2009-11-08, 12:59 PM
Interesting character...I see certain resemblance to my character in Voyage city (which has seemingly died off. Shame, it was good idea :smallfrown:).

I might make a comic soon too. I am just torn between coming up with new character and explaining some of Grim's origins...

I never actually read Voyage City... how are they similar, out of curiosity? I'm drawing heavy inspiration from a certain Irken, as well as pre-seriousness Bright.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-08, 01:00 PM

Yeah, a shame. We tried but it didn't work.

Keeping Grim would cause confusion between FFF:R and FI but then... He is an original FFF character so I guess he would fit better.

Grim ranger
2009-11-08, 01:00 PM
Well, those wacky goggles, mechanical gadgets and attitude, mostly. And their names are bit similiar.

Anyways, I think I will start making a comic soon.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 01:07 PM
Oh, before I forget, thanks to everyone for their wonderful compliments.

Falgorn
2009-11-08, 01:20 PM
Yeah, a shame. We tried but it didn't work.

Keeping Grim would cause confusion between FFF:R and FI but then... He is an original FFF character so I guess he would fit better.

i remember that thing! It died right when...I joined. :smallfrown:
I feel even more guilty, now!

FFF:R is...FFF again?

Maybe I'll join. Maaaybe. Then you'll regret letting me join ABR! :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 01:24 PM
FFF:R is...FFF again?

Errrm... yes. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7235847&postcount=983)

Mad Mask
2009-11-08, 01:43 PM
Ladies, gentlemen and monsters, I have an announcement to make:

I'm going to start FI by December. If I don't finish the intro by then, I'll send the script to someone else and he'll start it instead of me.

Respectfully,
MadMask

chriky
2009-11-08, 01:45 PM
I like the whole idea of FFF:R but I just don't think it can be done. I think we've come to far from the craziness of the original FFF to go back. I'd like to think it will work but I just don't. I'm not saying it will die I just don't think it will be as good as it is expected to be.
@Q - Don't use Vert Doom, he fails.

CrimsonAngel
2009-11-08, 01:55 PM
Argh, Mask!

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 01:59 PM
I like the whole idea of FFF:R but I just don't think it can be done. I think we've come to far from the craziness of the original FFF to go back. I'd like to think it will work but I just don't. I'm not saying it will die I just don't think it will be as good as it is expected to be.

Maybe, maybe not.

But I know I'm going to try my darnedest to make it succeed.

Ichneumon
2009-11-08, 02:00 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

But I know I'm going to try my darnedest to make it succeed.

Why don't you do a web comic of your own? I'm sure it could be fun.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 02:02 PM
Why don't you do a web comic of your own? I'm sure it could be fun.

I don't have the energy or the commitment. :smallwink:

Ichneumon
2009-11-08, 02:15 PM
I don't have the energy or the commitment. :smallwink:

Aww, that's too bad. Your art and creativity mix well together.

Nameless
2009-11-08, 03:31 PM
Ladies, gentlemen and monsters, I have an announcement to make:

I'm going to start FI by December. If I don't finish the intro by then, I'll send the script to someone else and he'll start it instead of me.

Respectfully,
MadMask

The only reason I'm not going to rant or get upset is because this actually helps me by giving me some time to get my Adobe sorted out.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 03:44 PM
Why don't you come over to FFF:R, Nameless? I'm sure everyone would appreciate the return of everyone's favorite reaper.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-08, 03:50 PM
Yo, do you think Threeshades would be hiring new minions?

Nameless
2009-11-08, 03:51 PM
Why don't you come over to FFF:R, Nameless? I'm sure everyone would appreciate the return of everyone's favorite reaper.

I can't. That's the thing. I currently lack any sort of art program... Well.. I do have Paint... Maybe I can use that...

What is this FFF:R thing, anyway?

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 03:55 PM
I can't. That's the thing. I currently lack any sort of art program... Well.. I do have Paint... Maybe I can use that...

What is this FFF:R thing, anyway?

In case you haven't been paying attention (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7235847#post7235847)

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-08, 04:14 PM
I can just feel the awesomeness of this new plot radiating outward, Kpenguin.

Perhaps I should throw my hat into the barrel for the first time in a long time... ABR feels so lost to me now, and perhaps with direction and a lack of subplots with scale greater than the main plot and which actually involve other people, this should be awesome... I might have to go with one of my PbP characters (is that game on the Remember forums still going on? I forgot about that maybe 6 months back during the fish encounter).

Also, will there be a limit to power? Although the craziness was awesome, and rules and such are what are kinda making ABR less fun, having only epic level mages and useless comedic relief characters might get a little old... Unless done right :D

Also, Xart's FI comic made my day.

CrimsonAngel
2009-11-08, 04:15 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g56-1.png

Chris gets goggles and a dagger to go with his sword. His wings only pop out when he flies now because I couldn't find a good position for them.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 04:18 PM
I can just feel the awesomeness of this new plot radiating outward, Kpenguin.

Perhaps I should throw my hat into the barrel for the first time in a long time... ABR feels so lost to me now, and perhaps with direction and a lack of subplots with scale greater than the main plot and which actually involve other people, this should be awesome... I might have to go with one of my PbP characters (is that game on the Remember forums still going on? I forgot about that maybe 6 months back during the fish encounter).

No... that sort of... died. Very much died. :smalltongue:

I'm running a game on Myth-Weavers with a few ABR compatriots, if you're interested. The theme is superheroes.

Also, will there be a limit to power? Although the craziness was awesome, and rules and such are what are kinda making ABR less fun, having only epic level mages and useless comedic relief characters might get a little old... Unless done right :D

Yeah. That'll be something I want to avoid. Less OVAR 9000ness like Lying, 3S, the Sovices, Vert Doom, etc.

chriky
2009-11-08, 04:32 PM
I love your salmon and leroy CA, the goggles look pretty cool too.

Nameless
2009-11-08, 04:42 PM
In case you haven't been paying attention (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7235847#post7235847)

Ahright. :smalltongue:

Squark
2009-11-08, 05:04 PM
Yeah. That'll be something I want to avoid. Less OVAR 9000ness like Lying, 3S, the Sovices, Vert Doom, etc.

What about a Mecha-Nightwing Reboot?

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 05:07 PM
What about a Mecha-Nightwing Reboot?

Like I said, no over 9000ness.

I'm okay with all those characters being in reboot, but at more reasonable power levels.

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-08, 05:13 PM

I'm okay with all those characters being in reboot, but at more reasonable power levels.Actually, I feel like the Nightwing reboot should be rather acceptable; in that case, it had an extremely hilarious basis, and it was just one super-overpowered character against the good guys' armies. It made for a good battle, a good laugh, and good fun for the participants; as long as it's not 'LOL! YOU CAN'T HURT ME NO MATTER WHAT!' and they are eventually defeated, as opposed to becoming a super recurring villain who joins a ridiculous band, it should be fine.

X2
2009-11-08, 05:42 PM
Due to being stricken with a debilatating bout of the Weekend Lazies I have missed the past two days of discussion.

Feeling the aftereffects of this disease I have no patience to read through the discussion thread.

Anyone care to fill me in?

PS. Great intro comic by the way! I shall have to make one when I get home (but am I allowed the control of two characters?)

EDIT:

I'm okay with all those characters being in reboot, but at more reasonable power levels.

Is Xartyve2 over 9000ness okay if Xartyve2 is an incompetant douche?

Squark
2009-11-08, 06:03 PM

Right. Then Squark in the reboot will also be modified, but I think that, in an RPG like this, a simpler concept makes more sense anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and is Sinister Penguin actually a penguin, or just a vertically challenged guinoid?

One more thing- In future Appearances, I think Nameless should SPEAK LIKE THIS (or whatever font a certain other grim reaper uses ;)

SinisterPenguin
2009-11-08, 06:11 PM
Right. Then Squark in the reboot will also be modified, but I think that, in an RPG like this, a simpler concept makes more sense anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and is Sinister Penguin actually a penguin, or just a vertically challenged guinoid?

Sinister Penguin is in fact an actual penguin. He just looks humanoid because that's my "style", I guess.

Squark
2009-11-08, 06:17 PM
Ok, in that case, I'll use the design I used for penguin-form Squark, modified for SP.

X2
2009-11-08, 06:22 PM
Well I certainly hope that ABR can get back to its former glory, of PWNING the Fan Comics section!

PWNING!

PS. I'm going to take everybodys indifference to my last post as a yes to the 9000 and extra character.

Fay Graydon
2009-11-08, 06:51 PM
I must say Kippy...
That a Reboot of FFF is a brillient Idea!
I think I may stick around now >.>

CrimsonAngel
2009-11-08, 08:26 PM
My God Sp! Bees!?

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-08, 08:33 PM
Well I certainly hope that ABR can get back to its former glory, of PWNING the Fan Comics section!

PWNING!

PS. I'm going to take everybodys indifference to my last post as a yes to the 9000 and extra character.Meh. Pretty much all the over 9000 characters so far have been complete douches. Nothing really new.

X2
2009-11-08, 08:34 PM
I get the Linkara reference!!!!

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 08:36 PM
No >9000 characters, especially ones that are douches. :smallamused:

X2
2009-11-08, 08:37 PM
Fine... I'll make him 8999... :smalltongue:

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?

It's under 9000!!

What 9000!?

Keris
2009-11-08, 08:41 PM
Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?

It's under 9000!!
You know, in the original manga, and the Japanese version of the anime, it was "over 8000".

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 08:47 PM
You know, in the original manga, and the Japanese version of the anime, it was "over 8000".

Pedant-man strikes again!

V'icternus
2009-11-08, 08:47 PM
<.<

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about the subscriber count?"

"It's nine thousand and ten."

"Wait, so you mean..."

"Yes, Nappa. It's..."

"It's..."

"It's over..."

"It's over..."

"It's over eight thousaaaaand!"

"What eight thou-
Wait, what?
Vegeta, you didn't do it right!"

"Yes I did, Nappa. Yes I did."

>.>

Fay Graydon
2009-11-08, 08:58 PM
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?"

"It's...... 1,006. Kick his ass Nappa!"

Wait wait wait... ! Nappa! I had the scouter upside down! It's over 9,000!

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 09:06 PM
Welp, within a day of its creation, FFF:R has 10 comics up for its archive. I think this is nice start.

X2
2009-11-08, 09:07 PM
I think it's going to be a hit... Like TJ-... or TS-... or Co-...

Or FI-...

I think it's going to be a hit!

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 09:08 PM
Speaking of the archive...

Tiffy, your archive is missing #6. You skip directly from the third exposition comic to DLB's introduction of Cyban

Mad Mask
2009-11-08, 09:18 PM
I present you Mad Mask's ultimate archive Fat Fish Fury: Reboot, so easy to view and conserving all your comics in its database, creating no confusing situations where comics are missing!

Here it is. (http://fffr.thecomicseries.com/archive/)

Fay Graydon
2009-11-08, 09:21 PM
I miss Mecha doing it....
He used to give the comics names >.>

Emperor Ing
2009-11-08, 09:23 PM
Holy [Censored by the Inquisition] I look away for a few minutes and you already have more plots than Kharn the Betrayer's kill counter, you guys really need me more than anyone realized.

Mad Mask
2009-11-08, 09:24 PM
I miss Mecha doing it....
He used to give the comics names >.>

I will, when I have more time. :smallamused:

I have to go to bed now.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 09:25 PM
Holy [Censored by the Inquisition] I look away for a few minutes and you already have more plots than Kharn the Betrayer's kill counter, you guys really need me more than anyone realized.

No.. no we don't.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away, you silly 40k knigget or I shall taunt you again!:smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-08, 09:26 PM

Yes. We need you.

I need you. :smallfrown:

CrimsonAngel
2009-11-08, 09:28 PM
*plays with a chainsaw rand gave me* *stabs someone*...*laughs*

Emperor Ing
2009-11-08, 09:29 PM
No.. no we don't.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away, you silly 40k knigget or I shall taunt you again!:smalltongue:

wow...I..I had no idea you were so desparate......

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 09:31 PM
wow...I..I had no idea you were so desparate......

Come closer and I'll show you how desperate I really am:smallwink:

Kpen/Randshipping ftw!:smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-11-08, 09:38 PM
Come closer and I'll show you how desperate I really am:smallwink:

Kpen/Randshipping ftw!:smalltongue:

I
Have
No
Anatomy!

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 09:40 PM
I
Have
No
Anatomy!

Shipping cares not for the ways of logic and reason.

Plus your dinosaur-self had anatomy enough. And a tail. Think of the things one may do with a tail.:smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2009-11-08, 09:43 PM
Shipping cares not for the ways of logic and reason.

Plus your dinosaur-self had anatomy enough. And a tail. Think of the things one may do with a tail.:smallwink:

I'll ship you through an Express delivery package addressed to the Sun, Mister Necrophiliac.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 09:44 PM
I'll ship you through an Express delivery package addressed to the Sun, Mister Necrophiliac.

You know you want to, Randy-boy. There's no denying it.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-11-08, 09:48 PM
I present you Mad Mask's ultimate archive Fat Fish Fury: Reboot, so easy to view and conserving all your comics in its database, creating no confusing situations where comics are missing!

Here it is. (http://fffr.thecomicseries.com/archive/)
Beat it bub, I'm working this side of the street.
I so called dibs before you got there.

Besides, as you said on the IRC you're "extremely busy". you should leave the archive for someone with a bit more free time. So it doesn't inevitably fall behind. :smallamused:

And besides the point, you already have the FI archive.

So shoo.

V'icternus
2009-11-08, 09:49 PM
Shh, Tiff, I'm watching Kip and Rand... I'm sure they're gonna make out soon. [/FanficFuel]

Keris
2009-11-08, 09:54 PM

Hey, it's everyone's favourite 40K-obsessed god-modder! You back for good, or just passing by?

Shh, Tiff, I'm watching Kip and Rand... I'm sure they're gonna make out soon. [/FanficFuel]
I'll set up the camera, a tape of this could be useful.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 10:00 PM
I'll set up the camera, a tape of this could be useful.

One Night in Random? :smalltongue:

X2
2009-11-08, 10:04 PM
Get a room you two! Like the lobby :P

Keris
2009-11-08, 10:17 PM
Like the lobby :P

You think they'd get that far? I've got good odds of them not making it out of the cab.

X2
2009-11-08, 10:23 PM
This conversation needs to be killed.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 10:29 PM
This conversation needs to be killed.

With fire? Kinky. :smallwink:

X2
2009-11-08, 10:33 PM
I'm going to perform brain surgery on myself so I can send the part of my brain that remembers this bizzare conversation down the garbage disposal...

Keris
2009-11-08, 10:38 PM
I'm going to perform brain surgery on myself so I can send the part of my brain that remembers this bizzare conversation down the garbage disposal...

Yeah, but then you'll be all like "I wonder what happened in the discussion thread, I should catch up". And then you'd remove another bit of your brain. And pretty soon, you'd have no brain left.

Then you'd be called "No-brain Xarty". And no-one wants that.

X2
2009-11-08, 10:43 PM
Aw man! I got a look at DLB's comic and since he crashed near the tent, I'm going to have to figure out another location to appear.

SinisterPenguin
2009-11-08, 10:58 PM
Aw man! I got a look at DLB's comic and since he crashed near the tent, I'm going to have to figure out another location to appear.

Why can't you just...appear near the tent too? :smallconfused:

X2
2009-11-08, 10:58 PM
Because that'll be way too much of a coincidence.

Silverraptor
2009-11-09, 01:10 AM
The massive comic updates is great. This story is pretty funny already.:smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2009-11-09, 02:55 AM
Well, the first thing I do when I get to computer this morning is to check the ABR, and grab some coffee for myself.

I wish I had not woken myself awake with that.

The horrors of ABR shipping have returned! At first I thought to run and never look back.

But then I looked at the recent comics, and man, much lulz were had :smallbiggrin:

I like Cyban already. Never change him one bit, he is the one that brought me the most laughs. Ankwardness for the win! :smallbiggrin:

V'icternus
2009-11-09, 03:01 AM
I don't think ABR shipping will ever end...

Unless KP dies, as most of it seems to be started by him or involve him.

...Or both.

Nameless
2009-11-09, 03:21 AM
Hey KP, Feel free to stick in Nameless with Threeshades lot in FFF:R 'till I'm able to participate. :3
Though I may do an introductory comic in Paint… :smalltongue:

Keris
2009-11-09, 03:27 AM
Alternatively, you could always download Inkscape. :smallwink:

kpenguin
2009-11-09, 03:35 AM
Hey KP, Feel free to stick in Nameless with Threeshades lot in FFF:R 'till I'm able to participate. :3

Actually, would you mind... not... using... Nameless? :smalltongue:

He's, well, Death. And, sorta OVAR 9000

V'icternus
2009-11-09, 03:40 AM
Isn't that... blasphemy, or something? :smalltongue:

Ichneumon
2009-11-09, 03:42 AM
Actually, would you mind... not... using... Nameless? :smalltongue:

He's, well, Death. And, sorta OVAR 9000

You could always give him some character development that involved him losing his power (or at least toning it down) and him wanting it back again.

kpenguin
2009-11-09, 03:44 AM
Errrm... him losing his power means that there are going to be a bunch of unreaped souls everywhere.

EVERYWHERE!

V'icternus
2009-11-09, 03:46 AM
What effect does the reaping of souls really have on the story? It's not like death is allowed to reap them from living people... :smalltongue:

Keris
2009-11-09, 04:37 AM
What effect does the reaping of souls really have on the story? It's not like death is allowed to reap them from living people... :smalltongue:

No, but he can insta-kill with a touch and then reap 'em. He's also an angel, can bring people back to life (kind of. He did it once, and broke his face. Speaking of which, FFF:R Nameless would still have his, wouldn't he?), is immortal, is omnipresent, is older than the universe and can do pretty much whatever he wants.

kpenguin
2009-11-09, 04:48 AM
Anyone who wanted a way into TS's team. There you go. You can be part of the auditions. :smalltongue:

Ichneumon
2009-11-09, 05:06 AM
I LOL'd at the sight of the pawn.

Almighty Salmon
2009-11-09, 05:29 AM
Ah man, Nightwing's commentary never gets old. :smallbiggrin:

Reminds me of this comic;
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic11.gif

Bayar
2009-11-09, 05:38 AM
Ah man, Nightwing's commentary never gets old. :smallbiggrin:

Reminds me of this comic;
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic11.gif

Bwhahahaha ! That will NEVER get old !

Green-Shirt Q
2009-11-09, 07:28 AM
Holy ^&%$. This is the fastest moving plot since...well, FFF I guess! :smalleek:

Anyone who wanted a way into TS's team. There you go. You can be part of the auditions. :smalltongue:

Yeah yeah, I will. Just...wait a little bit, okay! I'll get those comics done.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 07:50 AM
Holy ^&%$. This is the fastest moving plot since...well, FFF I guess! :smalleek:

Yeah yeah, I will. Just...wait a little bit, okay! I'll get those comics done.

Seconded. I'm away for school and you make TEN comics!

Squark
2009-11-09, 08:52 AM
I made another one, but stupid photobucket won't let me upload it.

The Gremlin
2009-11-09, 10:41 AM

Wrong. It's a new plot, it's going as fast as CoN or TJH did. When it sustains this pace for a week, then I'll agree. More likely, it'll slow down, and with 'luck', it'll continue.
Rand: Hey, you're posting here! Great, we've missed you. I've been arguing against a lot of new plots, thus far without backup. Now we're suck with Paperclip, which died, All-Star, which hasn't started and never will, CoN (which will be resurrected as soon as I get Inkscape, but really DLB needs to make a comic to involve my characters), an this new plot.
It's ironic that KP said the new plot will be using BRC's rules, and the main one was 'no new plots!'
Seriously, this is getting on my nerves. Anybody remember the good old days, where there was just Plot 3, SDSB, FFF (soon to be FI), and that was all?
Then X2 made TJH, which, sorry, was just one big mistake. It made people feel like BRC's rule was decrepit. So then came more plots, like the Off-Plot (may have come before, I'm not sure), and now we're stuck in a swamp of lousy plots which should be put out of their misery. :smallannoyed:
I say, we should have a vote for each plot: If a plot gets more than 4 votes, it gets to stay. Otherwise, we never put in a comic in it again.
And we don't make any more plots. No matter how cool it seems. Even if it seems to be pure awesomesauce: If the person wants it, they can make their own thread about it.
Does anybody agree?

BRC
2009-11-09, 10:47 AM
One of my rules was "No New Plots" I don't remember that, and apparently neither does the post containing those very rules.
I have rules against major plot changes without Build up or prior approval, I have rules against not denying what others did in their comic, I have a rule against not godmodding, not killing other PC's without prior approval, I even have a Fight Club reference, but no rules against starting new plots.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 10:49 AM
Wrong. It's a new plot, it's going as fast as CoN or TJH did. When it sustains this pace for a week, then I'll agree. More likely, it'll slow down, and with 'luck', it'll continue.
Rand: Hey, you're posting here! Great, we've missed you. I've been arguing against a lot of new plots, thus far without backup. Now we're suck with Paperclip, which died, All-Star, which hasn't started and never will, CoN (which will be resurrected as soon as I get Inkscape, but really DLB needs to make a comic to involve my characters), an this new plot.
It's ironic that KP said the new plot will be using BRC's rules, and the main one was 'no new plots!'
Seriously, this is getting on my nerves. Anybody remember the good old days, where there was just Plot 3, SDSB, FFF (soon to be FI), and that was all?
Then X2 made TJH, which, sorry, was just one big mistake. It made people feel like BRC's rule was decrepit. So then came more plots, like the Off-Plot (may have come before, I'm not sure), and now we're stuck in a swamp of lousy plots which should be put out of their misery. :smallannoyed:
I say, we should have a vote for each plot: If a plot gets more than 4 votes, it gets to stay. Otherwise, we never put in a comic in it again.
And we don't make any more plots. No matter how cool it seems. Even if it seems to be pure awesomesauce: If the person wants it, they can make their own thread about it.
Does anybody agree?

I remain neutral in this matter. *continues writing down time as it passes*

Bayar
2009-11-09, 11:09 AM
Does anybody agree?

No. It is FFF. Just it restarted. It is not a new plot. Get over it. Go draw something.

The Gremlin
2009-11-09, 11:18 AM
No. It is FFF. Just it restarted. It is not a new plot. Get over it. Go draw something.

I'm not ranting about FFF R, I'm talking about other plots, and this one if it, too, is disliked.
BRC: I swear to Paizo, and by Erik Mona, there was a rule. Somebody's confused the first page format, but I swear, whether it was your rule or not, it existed. I remember it as clearly as the 'BRC can only make 3 joke rules' rule.

Ichneumon
2009-11-09, 11:22 AM
Actually when I created SDSB, I aimed at it being somewhat of a plot-less plot, with very little setting and very basic vague motivations "get the money"/"save the girl"/"destroy the steriotypical BBEG" that would allow people to join in very easy and just get allong.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 11:22 AM
I'm not ranting about FFF R, I'm talking about other plots, and this one if it, too, is disliked.
BRC: I swear to Paizo, and by Erik Mona, there was a rule. Somebody's confused the first page format, but I swear, whether it was your rule or not, it existed.

Why are you swearing by those names?

*goes off to listen to "Jingle Bells"*:smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2009-11-09, 11:23 AM
Why are you swearing by those names?

*goes off to listen to "Jingle Bells"*:smallbiggrin:

Because it's Erik Mona Day. And no Christmas music, infidel!

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 11:32 AM
Because it's Erik Mona Day. And no Christmas music, infidel!

Didn't know that. Yes Christmas music, the song doesn't even contain a single word related to religion so I fail to see why I can't listen to it... Besides I believe in Christmas though not in the way you'd think.

BRC
2009-11-09, 11:36 AM
BRC: I swear to Paizo, and by Erik Mona, there was a rule. Somebody's confused the first page format, but I swear, whether it was your rule or not, it existed.
There was a lot of "Stop making New Plots" getting thrown around in the discussion thread, but I don't think we ever agreed on an actual ban concerning New Plots, and if we Did, it most certainly wasn't in My rules, which came about before there had been any New Plots (Besides SDSB and Plot 3). I don't mind you not liking the new plots, but please don't put your objections into my mouth. Besides, my Rules are explicitly changeable, so even if such a rule existed, the ABR community could simply vote it out of existance. Which, of course, means that such a rule could be voted Into existence just as easily.

That said, the New Plots are showing up because FFF/FI has been Bottlknecked. MM "Called" The end of FFF and the Intro to FI months ago, and now we're all waiting for him to find the time to get the Comic done.

The Gremlin
2009-11-09, 11:37 AM
Didn't know that. Yes Christmas music, the song doesn't even contain a single word related to religion so I fail to see why I can't listen to it... Besides I believe in Christmas though not in the way you'd think.

I would think that, as an atheist, you would celebrate the 'giving' part more than the 'Christ was born here' part. mainly because that's how I celebrate it. But it's still not the day after Thanksgiving. So no Christmassy songs, or I skewer you.
I notice that people seem to be nitpicking about details about my post and not focusing on the actual issue: The idea.
How does it not make sense? Nobody seems to have any reason.
/\ I get that, but if we'd stop fooling around with new plots and focus on ones that already exist, and maybe adding our ideas to them, things would be much easier. And we wouldn't have our own private garbage dump just to contain all he plots that have died.

Threeshades
2009-11-09, 11:48 AM
Nice so far, the MR appearance cracked me up :smallbiggrin: I'm still laughing :smallcool:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 11:49 AM
I would think that, as an atheist, you would celebrate the 'giving' part more than the 'Christ was born here' part. But it's still not the day after Thanksgiving. So no Christmassy songs, or I skewer you.
I notice that people seem to be nitpicking about details about my post and not focusing on the actual issue: The idea.
How does it not make sense? Nobody seems to have any reason.
/\ I get that, but if we'd stop fooling around with new plots and focus on ones that already exist, and maybe adding our ideas to them, things would be much easier. And we wouldn't have our own private garbage dump just to contain all he plots that have died.

I celebrate the "families coming together and peace spreads (mostly) through a lot of countries" part, I'm running out of ideas for wishes so that part is not as fun as you might think.
Thanksgiving, thanksgiving... Isn't that that America only holiday? We have no rules such here, especially not after the first snowfall.

And now for the non-holiday comment:
Well, ABR is a free community so we don't like being restricted too much.

The Gremlin
2009-11-09, 11:55 AM
I celebrate the "families coming together and peace spreads (mostly) through a lot of countries" part, I'm running out of ideas for wishes so that part is not as fun as you might think.
Thanksgiving, thanksgiving... Isn't that that America only holiday? We have no rules such here, especially not after the first snowfall.

And now for the non-holiday comment:
Well, ABR is a free community so we don't like being restricted too much.

No, of course not! All countries celebrate Thanksgiving, the day when the pilgrims recently/would soon have a feast in the New World! Everybody! Especially ---q (censored by myself)!
And I get that, but this would kinda be for the plots' own good. Those that couldn't get enough members here would create their own thread for it, in which case it could blossom with increased visitors.

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 12:05 PM
No, of course not! All countries celebrate Thanksgiving, the day when the pilgrims recently/would soon have a feast in the New World! Everybody! Especially ---q (censored by myself)!
And I get that, but this would kinda be for the plots' own good. Those that couldn't get enough members here would create their own thread for it, in which case it could blossom with increased visitors.

I swear by god that they don't :smalltongue:
We really don't you know, and just so you know it; it was a harvest celebration thanking(/bribing) god for the good harvest only celebrated in north America. The closest Danish equivalent would be the Autumn break created to let the children help with the potato harvest and that was in October :smallamused:

That sounds like a nice idea, sorta like an expansion of the current system;
let's hold a vote for that idea :smallbiggrin:

Bayar
2009-11-09, 12:20 PM

Please get your religion out of our ABR.

@V: Nor mine...

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 12:30 PM
Please get your religion out of our ABR.

Only by getting rid of all desires can one achieve Nirvana...

What it's neither his NOR my religion :smalltongue:

EDIT:

I'm making a comic for the auditions, so please don't continue too quickly :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-11-09, 12:57 PM
Pixalated comic is now up. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-11-09, 12:59 PM
Pixalated comic is now up. :smalltongue:

Unholy son of an ox! Your paint art is great :smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2009-11-09, 01:10 PM
I agree. And I think that when I complete this special scene for the current IA, I will work on finishing my introduction comics for TJH. On the same note, I'll put in the first vote to continue it if we start any voting.

The Gremlin
2009-11-09, 01:13 PM
I swear by god that they don't :smalltongue:
We really don't you know, and just so you know it; it was a harvest celebration thanking(/bribing) god for the good harvest only celebrated in north America. The closest Danish equivalent would be the Autumn break created to let the children help with the potato harvest and that was in October :smallamused:

That sounds like a nice idea, sorta like an expansion of the current system;
let's hold a vote for that idea :smallbiggrin:

....There was no religion. Sure, they may have thanked god, but I think the center of it was a HARVEST FESTIVAL. Don't know why they make such a big deal about it, though.
And I was joking, we're the only ones who celebrate it.
/\ Right now, I think we'd be voting for whether we use my idea, and I don''t think we'll vote.