PDA

View Full Version : Ravnica II: Wolfpact! [now recruiting]

Uncle Festy
2009-10-04, 07:05 PM
Ravnica.
A sprawling city grown so large as to cover an entire world.
Built around the Guildpact, an arcane-infused document that rules all below it.
Run by the nine guilds – and one more – whose influence spreads to all areas of society.
But now… the Pact has been broken.
And war rages across the city of guilds.

Welcome, one and all, to Ravnica II: Wolfpact! This recruitment thread is sans rules – those are pending – but the basic idea is that all 40 players will be split among 10 guilds. Nine of them win once they have eliminated two specific guilds, while the last –*the Izzet – have a unique win condition. Each guild has a cycle of abilities, and there's going to be some items thrown in, too. I've got most of the rules planned out, but I need to write them up. Hopefully I'll be done by the time this thread is approved, but…
Yeah. Anyways. Join up, and have fun!

Player List

Oddity
2009-10-04, 11:46 PM
Hey hey hey, its fat al-... Oddity.
In for the first.

UncleWolf
2009-10-04, 11:49 PM
I'll play I think.

Murska
2009-10-04, 11:53 PM
I joins the game. :smallsmile:

Aemoh
2009-10-05, 12:10 AM
In again, says I :smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2009-10-05, 01:24 AM
o yes. in again.

Wizibirb
2009-10-05, 01:26 AM
in.

and is this the Ravnica from MtG?

Fan
2009-10-05, 01:26 AM
In as, Lotus Cobra!

Who also happens to be a General of Cobra Commander!

:HSSS!:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-05, 01:32 AM
I'll join, as always.

Jontom Xire
2009-10-05, 02:24 AM
Awesome game, had loads of fun last time, definitely in again.

The Bookworm
2009-10-05, 06:14 AM
I'm going to play. Please? In.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-05, 07:16 AM
In, and I better be in a red guild. :smallsmile::smalltongue::smallyuk:
please?

Freshmeat
2009-10-05, 08:18 AM
Fillerific in.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-05, 08:56 AM
Fillertastically in!

smuchmuch
2009-10-05, 09:09 AM
I'm interested

Selrahc
2009-10-05, 11:11 AM
Definitely in. Last time was great. Well... until I died. Then I was too busy being dead and stuff.

PirateMonk
2009-10-05, 02:43 PM
I'll try this again.

Guancyto
2009-10-05, 02:48 PM
In with pie filling.

It's better than filler.

evnafets
2009-10-05, 02:59 PM
Sign me up as well please.

calar
2009-10-05, 04:14 PM
Sure, Ill join if its not too late.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-05, 04:15 PM
Signing up. :)

EagleWiz
2009-10-05, 04:49 PM
Ooh a ww game based on my favorate MTG block. In.

Dirk Kris
2009-10-05, 04:51 PM
Consider me signed up.

MOD
2009-10-05, 05:10 PM
In. Mwhahahahaha!

Mordokai
2009-10-05, 05:15 PM
I'll give it another shot and hope I don't end up as Izzet again.

The Bookworm
2009-10-05, 05:25 PM
@^: By the way, I was wondering what happened to the spell duel now that they aren't in your signature?

Mordokai
2009-10-05, 05:27 PM
Got damn bored with people telling me how I should get a new avatar all over SMBG, so I figured I'd put some more thought into this and the new signature is what I came up with. Not perfect, but it will do for now.

Spells will be back once I think people got the message.

Darkcomet
2009-10-05, 05:31 PM
And how could you expect me to say no? In.

Moff Chumley
2009-10-05, 05:39 PM
In! *huggles his beloved Dimir deck*

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-05, 07:20 PM
In the Simic or Rakdos guild.
As those are the only Ravnica decks I have, and the only MtG decks I have...

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 07:26 PM
In, I have a preference towards Boros (Mainly cause I've always been a WW player that occasionally splashed in some red for direct damage :smalltongue:)

Uncle Festy
2009-10-05, 07:56 PM
24 hours and 30 players! Nice. ^.^
Need to write the rules, though… :/

Moff Chumley
2009-10-05, 08:07 PM
Wait, can we request guilds? If so, Dimir or Izzet.

billtodamax
2009-10-05, 08:29 PM
In, hoping for Izzet. I like red/blue.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-05, 08:38 PM
Wait, can we request guilds? If so, Dimir or Izzet.

Nope, they're randomized. Sorry.
But you can RP as whoever you'd like. :smallsmile:

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-05, 08:55 PM
In with tasty snacks.

Maybe this time I can do better. Either way, last game was a blast! I really felt involved, even though I was the standard commoner. I'd love to see how this one comes out differently! If it's half as awesome as the first, I'm happy. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-10-05, 08:57 PM
In with tasty snacks.

Maybe this time I can do better. Either way, last game was a blast! I really felt involved, even though I was the standard commoner. I'd love to see how this one comes out differently! If it's half as awesome as the first, I'm happy. :smallsmile:

It really didn't help that you guys were on the receiving end of some Izzet nuttery last time... :smalltongue: At least, I think that was you. 'course, a lot of people got affected by us.

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-05, 09:06 PM
It really didn't help that you guys were on the receiving end of some Izzet nuttery last time... :smalltongue: At least, I think that was you. 'course, a lot of people got affected by us.Yeah, we actually called off the protection a couple of times, but you definitely set us back quite a bit... I really didn't see motivation, though, so... Yeah. :P That was more just fun on your part, by the looks of things.

Perhaps now, Izzet will have reason to stay hidden and/or someone wanting them dead.

Third-party Izzet assassins would actually be quite cool. Perhaps in their own respective guilds, or, at least, appearing that way, but personally contacted to take down Izzet as a real motivation. That way, Izzet wouldn't know who to trust, and the assassin would still be targeted by their guilds' hunters. It'd take subtlety to do correctly...

Uncle Festy
2009-10-05, 09:18 PM
Actually, Tired, I'm taking a page out of your book for the Izzet this game.
See, remember how I said there'd be items? Well, each team starts out with one item that gives them special powers.
So guess how the Izzet, the guild of tinkerers and mad scientists, win? ^.^

EDIT: … just realized how vague that was.
*cough they want the items cough*
Huh, what? Sorry, I'm sick.
*cough really I am and it sucks cough*
>.>

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-05, 09:45 PM
Actually, Tired, I'm taking a page out of your book for the Izzet this game.
See, remember how I said there'd be items? Well, each team starts out with one item that gives them special powers.
So guess how the Izzet, the guild of tinkerers and mad scientists, win? ^.^

EDIT: … just realized how vague that was.
*cough they want the items cough*
Huh, what? Sorry, I'm sick.
*cough really I am and it sucks cough*
>.>Getting three items by stealing or killing?

I tried that, it kinda failed :P

If it seems like it'll work better than assassins, though, and you have reason they'd actually not be considered a threat to the others, by all means try it out. Your game, anyways :P

Mordokai
2009-10-06, 01:38 PM
We can has rules nao?

Kyouhen
2009-10-06, 03:10 PM
Can I get in? Let me in! :smalleek:

Orzel
2009-10-06, 06:38 PM
In. I want In.

Come on Simic.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-06, 08:41 PM
We can has rules nao?

Hm…
No. :smalltongue:
Soon, though.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-06, 09:03 PM
We can haz updated player list nao?

Mordokai
2009-10-07, 02:11 AM
Hm…
No. :smalltongue:
Soon, though.

You damn well better or I'm turning your undead ass to Thanatos and back and there's nothing Orcus can do to stop me.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-07, 06:16 AM
You damn well better or I'm turning your undead ass to Thanatos and back and there's nothing Orcus can do to stop me.

:smalleek:
Soon! SOON!
Oh, and, uh…
Updated player list tonight.

Hyozo
2009-10-07, 09:58 AM
Do I want to join this?

Sure, I'm still clueless about it, but when has that ever stopped me?

Of course I'm in.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-07, 06:34 PM
Do I want to join this?

Sure, I'm still clueless about it, but when has that ever stopped me?

Yes, you want to join this.

Join usss... Join usss...

Moff Chumley
2009-10-07, 07:35 PM
*pokes with stick*

Rules please.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-07, 08:38 PM
Tentative ruleset:

Ravnica II: Wolfpact

There are ten teams in Ravnica II, each representing a different guild from Ravnica. Each team is made up of a True Guildmaster, a Killer, a (Baner/Seer/Voider) and a (Daybaner/Disguiser/Roleblocker). Each guild can only use one action per night and must use all three actions before it can use the first. Each action is represented by a different member of the guild, and that player is considered to be performing their action (though a Guildmaster can choose to perform the action himself). If the player linked with a given action dies, their guild no longer has access to that action –*but they must declare a night as a "non-action" to be considered to have used that action and be able to restart their action loop. However, once per game, a Guildmaster can assume the powers of a dead ally, regaining that player's actions for their team.
However, the Guildmasters are not simply backup killers/seers/baners/voiders. They also start with one major advantage –*artifacts. These artifacts are unique to each guild, and either produce unique abilities or amplify existing night actions. Only Guildmasters and members of the Izzet guild can hold and use artifacts. Artifacts can be transferred between guildmasters/Izzet once per night (as a night action). If a player holding an artifact is killed, then a random guildmaster or member of the Izzet guild responsible for the kill/lynch is given the item (and if none are responsible, one is chosen from random from all surviving players).

There will be three guilds each with a bane, scry, and void, and three guilds each with a daybane, disguise, and roleblock, so that no guild will have the same actions.
Need help with ideas for items, group actions, and victory targets (aka the two guilds you want dead to win). Note that the Izzet want 6/10 items to win, though they start with one themselves.

happyturtle
2009-10-07, 09:11 PM
Unofficial player list:

Aemoh
billtodamax
calar
Darkcomet
DD the Cookiemonster
Deathslayer7
Dirk Kris
EagleWiz
Elder Tsofu
evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Freshmeat
Geesi
Hyozo
Jontom Xire
Kyouhen
MOD
Moff Chumley
Mordokai
Murska
Night Surgeon
Oddity
Opeth_Freak
Orzel
PirateMonk
RedScholarGypsy
Sanity702
Selrahc
Shadowhisper
smuchmuch
The Bookworm
Tired N' Drowzy
Wolfbane

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-07, 09:53 PM
For kill targets I think it'd work as thus:

For Allied-colored teams (Red/Black, Blue/White) You take the mutually enemy color(White, Red) and make the Allied-colored teams with that color the enemies. So Radkos(R/B) Would need to kill The Azorius Senate(White/Blue) and The Selesnya Conclave(White/Green)

For Enemy-colored teams(Red/White, Blue/Green), you take the mutual ally color(Green, White) and make the targets the Enemy-Colored teams with that color. So for Boros(R/W) It's The Golgari Swarm (Green/Black) And Simic (Green/Blue)

This creates 2 mini circles, as it's Allied colors killing each other, and Enemy colors killing each other, which allows for some great politicking, as you have a natrual ally or two to kill an enemy, and you have 5 guilds who don't want you dead at all!

An alternative for the two mini circles is to do this, then figure out a way to do even swaps between the circles, thus weaving them together. however I think this is a good start.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-07, 10:16 PM
Or for simplicity's sake, just list them alphabetically and have them been required to kill the guild that's listed before and after them :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2009-10-07, 10:29 PM
So, we have:
Black/Blue: Dimir (Enemies: Gruul, Selesnya)
Black/Red: Rakdos (Enemies: Selesnya, Azorius)
Black/Green: Golgari (Enemies: Boros, Izzet)
Black/White: Orzhov (Enemies: Izzet, Simic)
Blue/Red: Izzet (Enemies: Orzhov, Golgari)
Blue/Green: Simic (Enemies: Boros, Orzhov)
Blue/White: Azorius (Enemies: Gruul, Rakdos)
Red/Green: Gruul (Enemies: Dimir, Azorius)
Red/White: Boros (Enemies: Golgari, Simic)
Green/White: Selesnya (Enemies: Dimir, Rakdos)

Fan
2009-10-08, 04:22 AM
So, we have:
Black/Blue: Dimir (Enemies: Gruul, Selesnya)
Black/Red: Rakdos (Enemies: Selesnya, Azorius)
Black/Green: Golgari (Enemies: Boros, Izzet)
Black/White: Orzhov (Enemies: Izzet, Simic)
Blue/Red: Izzet (Enemies: Orzhov, Golgari)
Blue/Green: Simic (Enemies: Boros, Orzhov)
Blue/White: Azorius (Enemies: Gruul, Rakdos)
Red/Green: Gruul (Enemies: Dimir, Azorius)
Red/White: Boros (Enemies: Golgari, Simic)
Green/White: Selesnya (Enemies: Dimir, Rakdos)

Actually, The Golgari are also Enemies of the Selesnya, but that's only because

They teamed up with the Dimir at one point, and attempted the murder of the Patron of Selesnya... (Moff?) Selesnya herself.

The Rakdos are also EXTREME enemies of the Rakdos, but once again, politics.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-08, 06:14 AM
For kill targets I think it'd work as thus:

For Allied-colored teams (Red/Black, Blue/White) You take the mutually enemy color(White, Red) and make the Allied-colored teams with that color the enemies. So Radkos(R/B) Would need to kill The Azorius Senate(White/Blue) and The Selesnya Conclave(White/Green)

For Enemy-colored teams(Red/White, Blue/Green), you take the mutual ally color(Green, White) and make the targets the Enemy-Colored teams with that color. So for Boros(R/W) It's The Golgari Swarm (Green/Black) And Simic (Green/Blue)

This creates 2 mini circles, as it's Allied colors killing each other, and Enemy colors killing each other, which allows for some great politicking, as you have a natrual ally or two to kill an enemy, and you have 5 guilds who don't want you dead at all!

An alternative for the two mini circles is to do this, then figure out a way to do even swaps between the circles, thus weaving them together. however I think this is a good start.

Nice idea, but:
Each guild should have FOUR enemies (two want them dead, two who they want dead).
AND –*the Izzet are neutral. :/

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-08, 07:15 AM
Okay then, I assume you mean that you don't want overlap in hunter/hunted, so if you take out Izzet, you're left with nine guilds.

* 1 The Boros Legion
* 2 The Golgari Swarm
* 3 The Selesnya Conclave
* 4 House Dimir
* 5 The Orzhov Syndicate
* 6 The Gruul Clans
* 7 The Azorius Senate
* 8 The Cult of Rakdos
* 9 The Simic Combine

For odd numbers:
Your targets are the adjacent numbers
You are targeted by numbers +/- 3

For Even:
You are targeted by the adjacent numbers
Your targets are numbers +/-3.

I think that works. 5 would hunt 4/6 and be hunted by 8/2
8 would be hunted by 7/9 and would hunt 5/2...

Crap, it doesn't work. But I leave it as a seed for another idea.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-08, 07:25 AM
* 1 The Boros Legion
* 2 The Golgari Swarm
* 3 The Selesnya Conclave
* 4 House Dimir
* 5 The Orzhov Syndicate
* 6 The Gruul Clans
* 7 The Azorius Senate
* 8 The Cult of Rakdos
* 9 The Simic Combine

Could do it that each house hunts the 2 below them and are hunted by the 2 above them.

1 hunts 2/3 hunted by 8/9
2 hunts 3/4 hunted by 9/1
3 hunts 4/5 hunted by 1/2
4 hunts 5/6 hunted by 2/3
5 hunts 6/7 hunted by 3/4
6 hunts 7/8 hunted by 4/5
7 hunts 8/9 hunted by 5/6
8 hunts 9/1 hunted by 6/7
9 hunts 1/2 hunted by 7/8

Moff Chumley
2009-10-08, 08:04 AM
Also, Fleeing Coward is a king. I don't care about the details, that's just how it is! :smallmad:

Selrahc
2009-10-08, 08:38 AM
Need help with ideas for items,

I'm not a magic player and I don't know all that much about Ravnica, so these may be wrong in some way. Anyway.. these are some artifacts I could find from a google search and some likely applications.

Orzhov- Cyclopean Snare (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Cyclopean%20Snare). Choose a player, receive the names of all players who used a night action on them. (possible cooldown)

Boros- Pariah's Shield (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Pariah%27s%20Shield). Choose a player, any night action that would target them targets you instead. (Don't think this one needs a cooldown)

Golgari- Plague Boiler (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Plague%20Boiler). Choose a player. That player contracts a plague. Their point does not count for the next 2(3?) days. Any player they point at also contracts the plague. Players are not told that they have the plague. 5 day cooldown. (The player with the boiler should be able to keep track of who is plagued which is their advantage over others.)

Simic- Terrarion (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Terrarion). Reset the night actions of your team. 3(2?) day cooldown.
(So instead of Kill, Scry, Bane, Kill, Scry, Bane the user of terrarion could go Kill, (Use)(Cooldown starts) Kill, Scry Bane, Kill,(Cooldown ends) (Use) Kill if they wanted maximum killpower.)

Selesnya- Crown of Convergence (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Crown%20of%20Convergen ce). Chose a target. Points against that target are either doubled or halved at the choice of the user. When one ability is used it can't be used again until the other ability has been used.

Gruul-Sunforger (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Sunforger) Your point counts as 10 when item is used. 1 day cooldown.

Azorius- Spectral Searchlight (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Spectral%20Searchlight ). The searchlight allows for much more effective scrying, the faction using it may take 3 scries when normally eligible to take one. However when used the artifact informs those that are scried that they have been scried by the faction that holds the artifact.

Dimir- Voyager Staff (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Voyager%20Staff) the target player is removed from the game until the next night phase. They may not take any actions, but they also may not be targeted by any actions(Including a lynch) and may not point. One day cooldown.

Rakdos- Grifters Blade (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Grifter%27s%20Blade) the team with the Grifters Blade may make 2 night kills when it would normally be able to make 1. If it does then the name of the player with the Grifter's Blade is revealed to 1 random person.

calar
2009-10-08, 01:10 PM
Im personally with RSG's idea, but I would like to see it modified to allow for more than two targets so it isn't over too fast. Im thinking add the allied team in opposition to the mutual ally for enemy-colored teams, and the the team that is a combination of the non-mutual enemies for allied colored teams. For example.

R/W tagrets are G/Bk, G/Bu, and Bk/Bu.
Bu/W targets are R/Bk, R/G, and G/Bk.

What this amounts to is all your teams targets a guilds that do not share a color with your own at all. With this each team should be targeted by three and targets three, what do you guys think?

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-08, 04:33 PM
Im personally with RSG's idea, but I would like to see it modified to allow for more than two targets so it isn't over too fast. Im thinking add the allied team in opposition to the mutual ally for enemy-colored teams, and the the team that is a combination of the non-mutual enemies for allied colored teams. For example.

R/W tagrets are G/Bk, G/Bu, and Bk/Bu.
Bu/W targets are R/Bk, R/G, and G/Bk.

What this amounts to is all your teams targets a guilds that do not share a color with your own at all. With this each team should be targeted by three and targets three, what do you guys think?I think you'd have more enemies than allies... The main problem I saw last game, methinks, was that the teams were not even- that is to say, those with overlap kill/targeted by targets had more allies than those without, and some guilds' mutual work-to-kill partners also wanted them dead...

A circle or regulated system is definitely necessary. I think, to keep everything tense and yet ally-able, we should use the dropping list system.

Boros
Golgari
Dimir
Selesnya
Azorious
Gruul
Orzhov
Rakdos
Simic
Izzet

Is the list. We'll try the 'wants to kill the one below them, and the one four below them' system.

Boros- Wants to kill Dimir, Rakdos
Dimir - Wants to kill Azorious, Selesnya
Azorious - Wants to kill Golgari, Gruul
Golgari - Wants to kill Rakdos, Orzhov
Rakdos - Wants to kill Selesnya, Simic
Selesnya - Wants to kill Gruul, Boros
Gruul - Wants to kill Orzhov, Dimir
Orzhov - Wants to kill Simic, Azorious
Simic- Wants to kill Boros, Golgari
IzzetWith that list, too, the two you want to kill will also have common targets- thus, they will probably be allies. Unfortunately, however, I don't see any cases where you can have two allies who want each other dead.

Still, I feel like the Izzet should have a reason some would want to hunt them, aside from simply gaining artifacts... The assassins would be kinda cool, but I feel like you're not too hot on that idea... Still, there are two ways they could work; the first would be an eleventh party, with several abilities at their disposal, simply trying to kill the Izzet; the second would be agents planted in the guilds who really couldn't care less if their guild wins- they only want the Izzet dead... they could choose to give false information to their guild if they want to truly scry someone else, or get someone else killed, and they might perhaps have a kill of their own which will not cool down until an Izzet dies. There could be, perhaps, two or three of them, and, if they met, they would have common goals, and would not want each other dead, even if they're in warring guilds. Whether them being killed would count towards eliminating the guild they're supposedly in could be debatable.

Selrahc: That looks awesome, except I feel like the Gruul's hammer is way too powerful; the Boros shield might be too weak, too.

Perhaps the Gruul item is one of the following:
Useable once only
Useable with one day cooldown, but it only adds three to your total vote
Useable as written, but use of it will require you to publicly come out

The last option would make it interesting, as it would be pointless and stupid early-game, but useful late game.

For the Boros, perhaps you can designate who the actions will be directed to, rather than targeting yourself. Alternatively, you would swap yourself and a target's actions, or direct your own onto someone else. That way, you could do some gnarly, yet risky, kill-counters. If the redirection method is used, perhaps it would have a three or four day cooldown.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-08, 04:34 PM
I'm not a magic player and I don't know all that much about Ravnica, so these may be wrong in some way. Anyway.. these are some artifacts I could find from a google search and some likely applications.

Orzhov- Cyclopean Snare (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Cyclopean%20Snare). Choose a player, receive the names of all players who used a night action on them. (possible cooldown)

Boros- Pariah's Shield (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Pariah%27s%20Shield). Choose a player, any night action that would target them targets you instead. (Don't think this one needs a cooldown)

Golgari- Plague Boiler (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Plague%20Boiler). Choose a player. That player contracts a plague. Their point does not count for the next 2(3?) days. Any player they point at also contracts the plague. Players are not told that they have the plague. 5 day cooldown. (The player with the boiler should be able to keep track of who is plagued which is their advantage over others.)

Simic- Terrarion (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Terrarion). Reset the night actions of your team. 3(2?) day cooldown.
(So instead of Kill, Scry, Bane, Kill, Scry, Bane the user of terrarion could go Kill, (Use)(Cooldown starts) Kill, Scry Bane, Kill,(Cooldown ends) (Use) Kill if they wanted maximum killpower.)

Selesnya- Crown of Convergence (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Crown%20of%20Convergen ce). Chose a target. Points against that target are either doubled or halved at the choice of the user. When one ability is used it can't be used again until the other ability has been used.

Gruul-Sunforger (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Sunforger) Your point counts as 10 when item is used. 1 day cooldown.

Azorius- Spectral Searchlight (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Spectral%20Searchlight ). The searchlight allows for much more effective scrying, the faction using it may take 3 scries when normally eligible to take one. However when used the artifact informs those that are scried that they have been scried by the faction that holds the artifact.

Dimir- Voyager Staff (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Voyager%20Staff) the target player is removed from the game until the next night phase. They may not take any actions, but they also may not be targeted by any actions(Including a lynch) and may not point. One day cooldown.

Rakdos- Grifters Blade (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Grifter%27s%20Blade) the team with the Grifters Blade may make 2 night kills when it would normally be able to make 1. If it does then the name of the player with the Grifter's Blade is revealed to 1 random person.

Ahem, Sunfroger is a boros item, it have nothing to do with gruul at all...

Moff Chumley
2009-10-08, 05:55 PM
I like T&D's idea. However, I think there should be victory conditions aside from just killing stuff...

Selrahc
2009-10-08, 06:13 PM
Ahem, Sunfroger is a boros item, it have nothing to do with gruul at all...

Well like I said... Not a real Magic/Ravnica buff. Sunforger looked like a powerful brute force offensive item. Which seemed pretty Gruul. Give another suggestion?

EDIT:

That looks awesome, except I feel like the Gruul's hammer is way too powerful; the Boros shield might be too weak, too.

Perhaps the Gruul item is one of the following:
Useable once only
Useable with one day cooldown, but it only adds three to your total vote
Useable as written, but use of it will require you to publicly come out

The last option would make it interesting, as it would be pointless and stupid early-game, but useful late game.

For the Boros, perhaps you can designate who the actions will be directed to, rather than targeting yourself. Alternatively, you would swap yourself and a target's actions, or direct your own onto someone else. That way, you could do some gnarly, yet risky, kill-counters. If the redirection method is used, perhaps it would have a three or four day cooldown.

Gruul Hammer:
Looking at it again it would sway things too much in the mid/late game.
A divorced from fluff idea would be to make it reduce its vote add by one for every successful lynch.

Boros Shield:
The idea was for a super bane item to go with the searchlight and the dagger. If the shield holder is baned then the team, with the shield essentially gets two banes. If they trade it around then the amount of banes is doubled amongst their allies with no drawback. (It would also work with daybanes, and to shield people from getting voided, but those are probably less useful applications).

Uncle Festy
2009-10-08, 10:23 PM
Pariah's Shield was an item from UKIII. :smalltongue:
Um… note that I'd rather focus on rules over flavor for the items. My thoughts right now are three items that enhance kills (one turns them into abductions – probably Dimir – one makes them unstoppable, and one makes them a recruitment, sorta. I should probably explain that… so, it's the Selesnya guild's item. They can offer to let someone join the conclave. If that person accepts, they win if their original guild or the Selesnya wins and scry as <former role> Acolyte of <new guild>. If they refuse, then a random recruit is killed. If there are no recruits, the Guildmaster dies and the team of the attempted recruit gets the item.
Yeah, I know, it's complicated.), three items that enhance the middle tier abilities (one that turns a bane into a bane of all the holders' teammates, a supervoid, and a superscry) and three items that grant unique abilities.
Also, I seem to recall thinking of targeting the person below and three below you to get some target variety.

calar
2009-10-08, 11:40 PM
Pariah's Shield was an item from UKIII. :smalltongue:
Um… note that I'd rather focus on rules over flavor for the items. My thoughts right now are three items that enhance kills (one turns them into abductions – probably Dimir – one makes them unstoppable, and one makes them a recruitment, sorta. I should probably explain that… so, it's the Selesnya guild's item. They can offer to let someone join the conclave. If that person accepts, they win if their original guild or the Selesnya wins and scry as <former role> Acolyte of <new guild>. If they refuse, then a random recruit is killed. If there are no recruits, the Guildmaster dies and the team of the attempted recruit gets the item.
Yeah, I know, it's complicated.), three items that enhance the middle tier abilities (one that turns a bane into a bane of all the holders' teammates, a supervoid, and a superscry) and three items that grant unique abilities.
Also, I seem to recall thinking of targeting the person below and three below you to get some target variety. The Selesnya one seems a little bit overpowered as does the superbane/ void / scry, maybe you could just make it so it protects two members instead of the whole guild, I dunno. BTW TnD, the way I had it set up you have more allies than enemies. The same people you are trying to kill are the only ones trying to kill you, thus you only have three true enemies and the rest are just competition/allies (anyone who shares a color with you, in other words 6).

Uncle Festy
2009-10-09, 05:16 PM
This... was a mistake. :smallsigh:
Ravnica's start will be delayed pending me finishing UKIV. That shouldn't be too long, though.

Mordokai
2009-10-09, 05:35 PM
I would like to withdraw from this, please.

BishFish
2009-10-09, 05:49 PM
If theres room, I want in.

Alarra
2009-10-09, 06:50 PM
i wanna play.

Moff Chumley
2009-10-09, 07:24 PM
This... was a mistake. :smallsigh:
Ravnica's start will be delayed pending me finishing UKIV. That shouldn't be too long, though.

In that case, would you mind PMing me when we do start?

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-09, 09:34 PM
BTW TnD, the way I had it set up you have more allies than enemies. The same people you are trying to kill are the only ones trying to kill you, thus you only have three true enemies and the rest are just competition/allies (anyone who shares a color with you, in other words 6).Exactly my point. That would make for an entirely diplomatic game; having four enemies would keep it interesting. It would make claims riskier, and scry-contacts would be much more valuable.

In regards to items, the Selesnya item seems strange- it'd make or break them. If you accept recruitment, you're at risk if anyone refuses. It'd seem safer just to deny it.

Hmm... Perhaps try to list them all, and figure out how to balance them. I can type up some ideas if you'd like.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-10, 10:12 AM
Oook. Pulling out. Too much complications.
<.<
>.>
...Sorry.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-10, 10:59 AM
I have to pull out as well. my apologies.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-11, 06:48 PM
Well...
Phooey.
Sorry you guys had to drop. Hope we still have enough players... >.>

BishFish
2009-10-20, 02:16 PM
Just a question, when do you think this game will start... if it has enough people...

Uncle Festy
2009-10-20, 06:41 PM
Shooting for this sunday.
Sorry for the delay, guys, but RL has been a jerk.

Jontom Xire
2009-10-21, 04:28 AM
Have I signed up for this yet?

If not I am now.

billtodamax
2009-10-21, 02:35 PM
Hey all! Bill'll be away for three days or so. I'll be up at Brisbane and might get some internet access, but please don't auto me. This means I'm likely to miss the first day.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-21, 06:14 PM
I'll be gone for 3 days too –*don't worry. :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-10-22, 07:27 AM
In on this, for sure. Was really enjoying the last one.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-23, 04:51 AM
I don't believe I have joined up yet... I'm in.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-23, 02:02 PM
Rules are here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7177956&postcount=1195). Please review for balance.
Game should start on Sunday.

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-26, 06:21 PM
...:smallfrown: In all seriousness, though, take your time. I'm just anxious :D

Uncle Festy
2009-10-26, 06:53 PM
Should being the operative word. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-10-28, 02:00 AM
*Coughs loudly*

Nehh
2009-11-03, 02:22 PM
If there's any room, sign me in.

Uncle Festy
2009-11-03, 10:00 PM
Probably, I dunno. I need to compile a player list. :smallsigh:

BishFish
2009-11-09, 02:23 PM
...sunday was two weeks ago...

Mordokai
2009-11-09, 02:30 PM
It's Festy we're talking about, give him a week or two more.

Then maybe you'll get somewhere :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-09, 06:42 PM
...I can get a players list up.

Does starting the game really take that much time? :( I was always overexcited to start up werewolf games, but... :/

Uncle Festy
2009-11-09, 08:10 PM
No, it really doesn't.
Procrastinating, on the other hand, does. :smalltongue:
To be honest, I blame a metric ton of work at school plus running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to finish UKIV… but meh.
And yeah, I could really use a conarrator now that I think of it. Any takers?

Uncle Festy
2009-11-17, 07:11 AM

There was a time when this game was a fun idea. Really.
Now? It's turned into a stressful chore. And I really can't deal with having it hanging over my head 24/7.
Sorry, guys, but as of now, Ravnica II is cancelled.
I may run it later. I may pass the reigns to someone else. But right here, right now? This game is too much of a headache to be anything resembling "fun".
Festy out, sadly. :smallfrown:

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-17, 07:55 PM
:smallfrown:

Well, at least, unlike the infamous PvP player, you had the decency to tell us.

I'd be willing to run it or co-narrate if that'd help; although I'd love to play, running it might be fun, too.

Uncle Festy
2009-11-17, 08:54 PM
:smallfrown:

Well, at least, unlike the infamous PvP player, you had the decency to tell us.

I'd be willing to run it or co-narrate if that'd help; although I'd love to play, running it might be fun, too.

If you'd like to take the reigns, I'd be glad to co-narrate. I just can't deal with it on my own (and even when I have a co-narrator, I tend to feel like I NEED to do everything anyways).

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-17, 10:59 PM
Alright, well, barring any random and spontaneous internet disconnections, I should be able to do most of it; do whatever you feel needs doing, but know that I'll be enjoying running it. :)

Yay!

Should I send role PMs and we'll just start here? I'll share a google spreadsheet with you, Festy, through either gmail or just URL if you don't have one.

Rolltime!

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-17, 11:53 PM
Player List:
Aemoh
Alarra
billtodamax
BishFish
The Bookworm
calar
Dallas-Dakota
Darkcomet
Deathslayer7
Dirk Kris
EagleWiz
Elder Tsofu
evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Freshmeat
Geesi
Hyozo
Jontom Xire
Kyouhen
MOD
Moff Chumley
Mordokai
Murska
Nehh
Night Surgeon
Oddity
Opeth Freak
Orzel
PirateMonk
Sanity 702
Selrahc
Shadowcaller
smuchmuch
Wolfbane

Total: 34

Gonna need to know where to put 3 of you... Izzet could do with 4; not 5, though.

Role PMs will go out this weekend. I'll tinker with a few of the rules, methinks (chiefly, Izzet assassins :smallwink: Possibly also daybanes; vote replacement potential?). Maybe slight artifact adjustments, too, and perhaps guild allegiances.

If your name's not on the list, shoot me a PM.

Wreckingrocc
2009-11-23, 06:55 PM
Papers suck. Role PMs coming out tomorrow evening; I'd like responses from each of you to confirm you're here. I really, really don't want a whole bunch of people dying simultaneously due to autolynches.

Alarra
2009-11-23, 07:26 PM
confirming that i am here :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-11-23, 07:29 PM
Of course I'm here. You think I would miss Ravnica? HeeheeHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Aemoh
2009-11-23, 07:39 PM
Yar. (That's a yes :smalltongue: )

BishFish
2009-11-23, 07:52 PM
I will be officially here on sunday. I can only get sparatic computer use until then. so please don't AL me if you start before then.

Oddity
2009-11-23, 10:15 PM
Aww yea.
:smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2009-11-24, 12:31 AM
Definitely.

The Bookworm
2009-11-25, 10:41 PM
Still Alive!

Wizibirb
2009-11-25, 11:04 PM
I am also still in.... As is Deathslayer7, As you may or may not know by now but both of us are sick he got lucky and only has strep throat, I got swine flu. So we are both still want in.

Shadowcaller
2009-11-26, 01:53 AM
I'm here....