PDA

View Full Version : NPC only

quiet1mi
2009-10-04, 09:42 PM
I was wondering how the D&D world would be different if there was no PC class, just NPC classes and PRC classes...

The NPC classes that I am aware of are...

Mage-Wright
Expert
Warrior
Adept
Aristocrat (my discretion)
Commoner (my discretion)

Set
2009-10-04, 09:47 PM
There's the Gleaner, (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/gk7uKJeF296jRcx1NJw.html) off to the left of this post, written by Keith Baker.

The Temple Quarter book by the Game Mechanics breaks Adepts down into arcane and divine versions to represent acolytes who don't become full Clerics and apprentices who never become full Wizards.

The Eberron Campaign Setting, in addition to the Magewright NPC, upgrades Adepts by allowing them access to a single Cleric Domain.

Korivan
2009-10-04, 10:28 PM
There would be alot less adventures. Or at least adventurers that tend to live long lives. In general, it would probably be alot more boring of a world...sorta. I guess monsters would rule the world.

quiet1mi
2009-10-05, 01:16 AM
How about, Monsters are dangerous... they do not "rule the world" but they are not just little bits of XP running around...

PRC are still allowed...

The Mute Bard
2009-10-05, 10:54 AM
I played in a game when all the PCs started off with NPC levels. However, that was because we all started off really young, as a rule. Also, we got experience points for role playing, and pulling off harder skill checks, not just for killing things.

By-the-way, I love you're sig, quiet1mi.