PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler Beguiler help

gorfnab
2009-10-05, 01:07 PM
So I'm playing a Beguiler (Shining South) Beguiler (PHBII). For my backstory my DM wants me to find out a few things that I can't really find descriptions for. Right now his main backstory is that he was a familiar whose master died in a horrible magic item making accident. So after loosing his familiar abilities he decided to take up spellcasting and seek out any of his former master's family to tell them of his passing. Beguilers are small magic beasts that are desert rodent like, cute, fluffy, with a knack for magic, and constant true seeing.

1. What would be an age category chart for a Beguiler?
2. Are Beguilers born in litters or one per pregnancy?
3. Do Beguilers go into heat or season like other animals or are they more humanoid in their drive?
4. What would their voices sound like? Right now I'm going with a more Chronicles of Narnia type sound and mannerisms.
5. What would be some pointers as far as how to play a former familiar?
6. And does anyone have any other advice on how to a non-humanoid, in this case magic beast, character?

wadledo
2009-10-05, 01:34 PM
1. What would be an age category chart for a Beguiler?Cut the half-orc age table in half.

2. Are Beguilers born in litters or one per pregnancy?I'd say litters.

3. Do Beguilers go into heat or season like other animals or are they more humanoid in their drive?...Humans go into season too, you know.:smallconfused:

4. What would their voices sound like? Right now I'm going with a more Chronicles of Narnia type sound and mannerisms.
5. What would be some pointers as far as how to play a former familiar?
6. And does anyone have any other advice on how to a non-humanoid, in this case magic beast, character?No one can really help with these questions, seeing as how they're entirely up to your consideration of the beguilers fluff and other such things.:smallconfused: