PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] partial charges and pounce

Choco
2009-10-05, 02:03 PM
Alright, so this is a simple question: If I move and then do a partial charge, can I still do my full round of attacks? Pounce says I can do my full attack action after a charge, and a partial charge counts as a charge in every way (minus the movement penalty), so would there be anything in RAW stopping me from doing a full attack action even though I did a move action on the same round?

Tavar
2009-10-05, 02:07 PM
The fact that you can only partial charge in rounds where you can't take your full actions(such as surprise rounds or if you're slowed).

tyckspoon
2009-10-05, 02:08 PM
The whole point of charging is to move+attack. So yes, if you partial charge, you can use Pounce. Do note that you cannot normally choose to make a partial charge- it is available only if you are restricted to a move OR standard action (you are a Zombie, it's the surprise round, or you're Slowed are the most common reasons this happens.) If you have your normal allotment of actions available and want to charge, you have to use the full-round Charge as normal.

Choco
2009-10-05, 02:10 PM
Ah I forgot about that part!

How about if I ready an action against <x> after the move, then when my ready trigger fires I would in fact be limited to only 1 standard action? I could partial charge then right?

Eldariel
2009-10-05, 02:11 PM
Ah I forgot about that part!

How about if I ready an action against <x> after the move, then when my ready trigger fires I would in fact be limited to only 1 standard action? I could partial charge then right?

You cannot ready a partial charge. "Boots of Battle Charger" from MiC enable standard action charging though.

arguskos
So, here's what we need to do: make a Zombie who's optimized for partial charges with pounce! Anyone know how to play a Zombie? :smallconfused:

Douglas
Well, there's the fact that you can't do a partial charge in the first place unless a standard action is all you've got available, and not because your move action got used. Partial charges are for when you're affected by a Slow spell, disabled, or otherwise forced to take only one move or standard action each round.

Edit: That was quite a crowd of ninjas. So many, in fact, that I should be able to defeat them all easily.:smalltongue:

Choco
2009-10-05, 02:13 PM
You cannot ready a partial charge. "Boots of Battle Charger" from MiC enable standard action charging though.

Sweet, that will make my life easier!

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-05, 03:00 PM
So, here's what we need to do: make a Zombie who's optimized for partial charges with pounce! Anyone know how to play a Zombie? :smallconfused:

I actually had a player build that in my last campaign--started off as a zombie, became awakened, went crazy (literally and figuratively) with templates. He wanted to play a zombie warrior and be able to full attack, but the Fast Zombie template wouldn't work because it limits you to one action per round. It was an interesting build, but really too much work for the benefits it offered.