PDA

View Full Version : Optimized Psion

alexthemad
2009-10-05, 07:32 PM
I am thinking of making a Psion Character for a high level PbP game. Can I get some input on how to make the best Psion I can make. Maybe even a level by level build? Here are the rules...

Class: Psion-I'm thinking Telepath, use expanded knowledge to pick up other useful powers.
Race: Probably Elan but I'm definatly open to suggestions here
Books: Any 3.5
Level: 18 with a 40 point buy
House Rules: 4 bonus feats
Other: Can I get some ideas for absolutly neccesary gear as well? We start with Standard Gold per level.

Thanks for any and all help.

infinitypanda
2009-10-05, 07:56 PM
Erudite 20 with Spell to Power.

alexthemad
2009-10-06, 03:56 PM
Thanks. That's in Complete Psion right?

Optimystik
2009-10-06, 04:04 PM
Erudite 20 with Spell to Power.

And a helmet for when the DM chucks the entire pizza box at your head.

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-06, 04:07 PM
And a helmet for when the DM chucks the entire pizza box at your head.

Why? What's wrong with Erudite?

Thalnawr
2009-10-06, 04:18 PM
Nothing, that I know of.

Gralamin
2009-10-06, 04:36 PM

Spell To power Erudite means you have all arcane Spells, and All powers, and don't have to prep them, picking the perfect spell for the task each time.
You can also get Divine spells with a Dragon Variant or feat.

9mm
2009-10-06, 04:37 PM

Spell to Power are the relevant words...

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-06, 06:06 PM
Elan gives you relatively few PP compared to any race with an Int bonus. Skim the wizard guides for such races. Dragonborn Gray Elf is always nice.

Also, since Spell to Power is on a website rather than in a book, it may not qualify.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-10-06, 07:04 PM
Use the Vigor + Share Pain + Overchannel + Psicrystal combo to have massive HP.

Claudius Maximus
2009-10-06, 07:08 PM
Twin Power and Synchronicity go very well together.

Also, Anticipatory Strike.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-10-06, 10:43 PM
If you have enough pp, a quickened Syncronicity gives you a standard action that you can take at any time during your turn.

Also, StP Eurudite. NOW I call Sinfire Titan to show us why they are REALLY broken.

mabriss lethe
2009-10-06, 10:51 PM
I've been giving my players grief with a bunch of elan psions packing the improved elan racial feats and a handful of the dorjes. Makes'em harder to kill than the roaches.

Myrmex
2009-10-07, 12:18 AM
I've always been a fan of Thrallherd. Uber-Leadership as a class feature? Yes plx!

alexthemad
2009-10-08, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, but what about some feats? Are there certain feats I should steer clear of? I've heard that Psionic Body is overrated. Is this true? Are there some that I absolutly must have?

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-08, 05:55 PM
If you're set on Elan as your race, make sure to pick up Enhanced Elan Resilience (a feat in Complete Psionic), which boosts their Resilience ability to negate 4 hp of damage per power point instead of 2:1. Combined with the Vigor+Share Pain+Psicrystal trick and any of the DR-granting powers (or energy resistance as the case may be) and even with that piddly d4 hit die you're gonna be awfully hard to kill.

Other crucial feats are Psionic Meditation (and Hustle if you go Egoist) and Psicrystal Containment so you can make more efficient use of metapsionic feats (Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Linked are all good ones) because you have to expend your psionic focus when using one.