PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Item creation help.

Paulus
2009-10-05, 07:49 PM
Hello, I'm making a character who is very self sufficient. That being said he is going to be making all of his own items or at least know how to repair them. So I have a few items I've created myself and an DM approved price for each. Except for the last item. So, what I was wondering then is, how much would it cost in xp, days, and material to craft these items? I've had very little luck trying to figure it out myself, I can't seem to grasp the price system or simply miss something. So. I'll ask for your help in explanation if that's alright. I have the corresponding craft (armor smithing) and Craft Wondrous Items, so it's debatable if I'll be able to combine them for what I want, but even if it isn't I should be able to at least lessen the price. But in order to do that I need to know the prices.

Thanks in advance!

+4 Mithril Soulfire Chainmail of Nimbleness (84,000 gp)
The Dm is cutting the price a bit for me, but I'd like to know the details for crafting the armor, then enchanting it for the Nimbleness portion at least. What is the breakdown costs? Days, xp, materials, cost?

Mithril Gauntlets of Transmuting (8,500 gp)
Dm said I was close on the purchase price, but I wonder what the break down is for crafting the regular gauntlets then adding the Transmuting later.

+5 Mithirl gauntlets of Defending
Dm hasn't given me a price on these, but as far as I know +5 is a 50,000gp addition and Defending +1 bonus which is +2000, and Mithril is a +500 for guantles. But what is the break down for crafting them then adding the defending aspect later if I craft it myself?

Mithril Boots of Dexterity (36,000 gp)
(like +6 gloves of Dexterity only boots.)
Same question, Xp, Days, materials, and enchanting costs.

Hakama of Adaption and Enduring Elements (14,000
Amulets of adaptation powers and continuous enduring elements.
Same question, Xp, days, materials, and enchanting costs.
And if anyone can clue me into where I can find this information specifically so I don't have to keep asking, I'd really appreciate it.

This last item is just something i came up with on the fly. don't even know if the price is right, let alone what it would cost to make myself:

Pen of Calligraphy and Illustration
This strange object is usually made of wood but always finely crafted into a perfect cylinder the size of a normal pen. It has a fine tip on one end and a flat nub at the other. The pointed end works as arcane mark and the other an erase spell. With the exception that it writes any one letter at a time and can only erase one letter at a time via rubbing the nub end against it. Prerequisite; Wiz 1, Sorc 1, arcane mark, erase. Craft wondrous item, Price: 2,500 gp

yes, that's PEN.C.IL. I created the D&D Pencil. heh.

I know it is a lot to wade through, but it's my first attempt at making my own items. My group rarely meets so it's a little hard to get in touch with the DM for approval and for questions. No where else really to turn, so any help you guys can give me would be STELLAR. I thank you so much for reading and for any help you offer!

sadi
2009-10-05, 08:14 PM
Defending +1 doesn' work that way, it means your +5 item costs what a +6 item costs not 2000 more. Upgrading an item later would cost you 22,000 more (the difference between +5 and +6) of which as normal for all items you make you have to pay 50% of the list price in gold and 4% in xp unless you take a crafting feat that reduces costs. Creation time is 1 day per 1000 gp base cost rounded up, as in your 84,000 gp item will take 84 days to make. On the bright side you can only work on one item at a time, but the work doesn't have to be constant.

Glimbur
2009-10-05, 08:18 PM
Most of your questions can be answered here (d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm)

+4 Soulfire (+4) Mithral Chainmail [a Breastplate is better] of Nimbleness(+1) costs like a +9 armor, or 81,000 for magic + 150 for chainmail + 4000 for Mithral medium armor for a total of 85,150 value. If you add the nimbleness later it's 17,000 less now, or 78,150. Crafting costs half value and 1/25 base value in XP. So this armor is 37,075 gold and 3126 XP to make. Adding Nimbleness costs you the 17 k of value you saved before, actually 8.5 k in gold and 680 XP. It takes one day per 1000 gp of value of the item in time, so the +4 Soulfire armor takes 78 days to make and adding Nimbleness is another 17.

+5 Mithral Gauntlets are effective +6 enchantment for a value of 72,000 + 502 for Mithral gauntlets. Again, you pay half cost in gold but 1/25 value in XP and it takes a day per 1000 gold of value. Adding Defending later will save you 22 k in value, or 11 k in your costs as well as 880 XP.

Everything costs half its market value to craft in gold and 1/25 its market value in XP to craft. Everything takes a day per 1000 gold of market value. I explained the weapon and armor because those are a bit trickier; the more magic there is on a weapon or armor the more it costs to add more.

Two more observations and a warning: it's cheaper to rely on Greater Magic Weapon and Magic Vestment instead of putting more pluses on weapons and armor, though there are risks. Second, mithral gauntlets aren't really any better than regular gauntlets. Check with your DM if you have to use the Defending weapon in an attack to get it to help your AC that round, the text is somewhat ambiguous.

Edit: Fixed link.

Paulus
2009-10-05, 08:26 PM
Defending +1 doesn' work that way, it means your +5 item costs what a +6 item costs not 2000 more. Upgrading an item later would cost you 22,000 more (the difference between +5 and +6) of which as normal for all items you make you have to pay 50% of the list price in gold and 4% in xp unless you take a crafting feat that reduces costs. Creation time is 1 day per 1000 gp base cost rounded up, as in your 84,000 gp item will take 84 days to make. On the bright side you can only work on one item at a time, but the work doesn't have to be constant.

and what crafting feats reduce cost?

Most of your questions can be answered here ("http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm)

+4 Soulfire (+4) Mithral Chainmail [a Breastplate is better] of Nimbleness(+1) costs like a +9 armor, or 81,000 for magic + 150 for chainmail + 4000 for Mithral medium armor for a total of 85,150 value. If you add the nimbleness later it's 17,000 less now, or 78,150. Crafting costs half value and 1/25 base value in XP. So this armor is 37,075 gold and 3126 XP to make. Adding Nimbleness costs you the 17 k of value you saved before, actually 8.5 k in gold and 680 XP. It takes one day per 1000 gp of value of the item in time, so the +4 Soulfire armor takes 78 days to make and adding Nimbleness is another 17.

+5 Mithral Gauntlets are effective +6 enchantment for a value of 72,000 + 502 for Mithral gauntlets. Again, you pay half cost in gold but 1/25 value in XP and it takes a day per 1000 gold of value. Adding Defending later will save you 22 k in value, or 11 k in your costs as well as 880 XP.

Everything costs half its market value to craft in gold and 1/25 its market value in XP to craft. Everything takes a day per 1000 gold of market value. I explained the weapon and armor because those are a bit trickier; the more magic there is on a weapon or armor the more it costs to add more.

Two more observations and a warning: it's cheaper to rely on Greater Magic Weapon and Magic Vestment instead of putting more pluses on weapons and armor, though there are risks. Second, mithral gauntlets aren't really any better than regular gauntlets. Check with your DM if you have to use the Defending weapon in an attack to get it to help your AC that round, the text is somewhat ambiguous.

Ninja answered some of my questions, but link is dead... at least for me.

Forbiddenwar
2009-10-05, 08:26 PM
This last item is just something i came up with on the fly. don't even know if the price is right, let alone what it would cost to make myself:

This strange object is usually made of wood but always finely crafted into a perfect cylinder the size of a normal pen. It has a fine tip on one end and a flat nub at the other. The pointed end works as arcane mark and the other an erase spell. With the exception that it writes any one letter at a time and can only erase one letter at a time via rubbing the nub end against it. Prerequisite; Wiz 1, Sorc 1, arcane mark, erase. Craft wondrous item, Price: 2,500 gp

yes, that's PEN.C.IL. I created the D&D Pencil. heh.

Use-activated or continuous Spell level × caster level × 2,000 gp
3,000+6,000=9
Multiple different abilities Multiply lower item cost by 1.5
(3,000*1.5=4,500)+6,000=10,500 gold cost

just a guess based on http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#tableEstimatingMagicItemGol dPieceValues
Since the minimum caster level of any wonderous item is 3, required in order to take the feat, that is what the price is based off of.

this means cost to make is:
10.5 days
5,250 gold
420 XP

Paulus
2009-10-05, 09:04 PM
So let me see if I got this right… using the armor as example:

40,150gp for Mithral chainmail medium armor, crafted alone would be…
20075gp, 1606xp, 20 days to make…

Adding Nimblesness right away would equal adding +1000gp more since +1 bonus to armor is 1000gp? Which would mean I need only pay 500gp, 40xp and spend one day adding it later…

The same for adding the +5 (0r +4) enchantment later (+5 armor = 25000gp) which would be: 12500gp, 1000xp, and takes 25 days to add…

Then adding Soulfire to it later would be (+4 bonus armor = 16000gp) which would be
8000gp, 640xp, and 16 days to add.

In total equaling 41075gp, 3286xp, over 62days total

As opposed to

85,150 value altogether, 42,575gp, 3406xp, 85day to make total. (for the +4)

Am I doing this right or am I missing something?

pingcode20
2009-10-05, 09:06 PM
Use-activated or continuous Spell level × caster level × 2,000 gp
3,000+6,000=9
Multiple different abilities Multiply lower item cost by 1.5
(3,000*1.5=4,500)+6,000=10,500 gold cost

just a guess based on http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#tableEstimatingMagicItemGol dPieceValues
Since the minimum caster level of any wonderous item is 3, required in order to take the feat, that is what the price is based off of.

this means cost to make is:
10.5 days
5,250 gold
420 XP

What? The caster level of the item only has to be enough to cast the spell in the first place, not to take the Craft Wondrous Item feat.

Also, since both have a duration of 24 hours or better, the price for both gets cut in half. Technically speaking, this is for continuous only, but I'm sure there should be no problems with letting it benefit from this.

So, you have:

Erase Continuous: 1st Level * CL 1 * 2000gp * 0.5 (long duration) = 1000gp.
Arcane Mark Continuous: 0th Level (0.5) * CL 1 * 2000gp * 1.5 (extra ability) * 0.5 (long duration) = 750gp.

Total: 1750 gp Market Value
Craft: 875gp + 70 XP

Still a little steep for what it is, though.

sadi
2009-10-05, 09:10 PM
and what crafting feats reduce cost?

Ninja answered some of my questions, but link is dead... at least for me.

Legendary artisan and extraordinary artisan are both out of eberron campaign setting reduce xp and gold costs by 25% respectively. Both have a prereq of 1 item creation feat.

I think you're getting confused on pluses for special abilities, a +1 weapon with a +1 ability is the same price as a +2 weapon with no special abilities. IF you upgrade an item from a total of +2 to +3, you take the price for +3 and subtract +2 (in this case 18,000 for +3 -8,000 for +2, and you' have the upgrade cost of 10,000 of which you'd have to pay 5000 gp and 400 xp to make yourself and spend 10 more days upgrading it. )

Paulus
2009-10-05, 10:52 PM
Legendary artisan and extraordinary artisan are both out of eberron campaign setting reduce xp and gold costs by 25% respectively. Both have a prereq of 1 item creation feat.

I think you're getting confused on pluses for special abilities, a +1 weapon with a +1 ability is the same price as a +2 weapon with no special abilities. IF you upgrade an item from a total of +2 to +3, you take the price for +3 and subtract +2 (in this case 18,000 for +3 -8,000 for +2, and you' have the upgrade cost of 10,000 of which you'd have to pay 5000 gp and 400 xp to make yourself and spend 10 more days upgrading it. )

wait.. so using the same example...

4,150gp for Mithral chainmail medium armor, crafted alone would be…
2,075gp, 166xp, 2 days to make…

Adding Nimbleness later would mean I take the price if it was already made with nimbleness (+1 bonus) or basically 4,150 +1000 = 5,150 then minus the original 4,150 equaling just the 1000gp? Which would mean I need only pay 500gp, 40xp and spend one day adding it later… ?

Glimbur
2009-10-05, 11:03 PM
What you're missing is that it's harder to enchant things that are already magical. Adding a +1 equivalent, like Nimbleness, to a +3 armor is different from adding it to a +1 armor. There's a table here (d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm) that shows the cost of the total enchantment of the armor. You have to pay the difference between the current effective enhancement value and the new one. So adding a +1 ability to +1 armor is only a market value increase of 3000, but adding the same +1 ability to +4 armor is a market value increase of 9000.

sadi
2009-10-05, 11:09 PM
wait.. so using the same example...

4,150gp for Mithral chainmail medium armor, crafted alone would be…
2,075gp, 166xp, 2 days to make…

Adding Nimbleness later would mean I take the price if it was already made with nimbleness (+1 bonus) or basically 4,150 +1000 = 5,150 then minus the original 4,150 equaling just the 1000gp? Which would mean I need only pay 500gp, 40xp and spend one day adding it later… ?

That's only for magic items, crafting rules for normal items follow a different set of 1/3 cost for materials (in this case that would be 1383 plus lots of time) then to upgrade it you have to first make the item magical meaning it has to be a +1 item before you can upgrade it to nimbless.

The cost for the +1 is correctly 500 gp 40 xp and 1 day, but then you need to add nimbleness on top which would be 3000 gp base more, or 1500 gp cost 120 xp and 3 more days.

More likely than not you're going to have to spend the 4150 to buy the base mithral item, unless you have lots of rank in craft armor and have lots of time I haven't done the math in a while but I'm pretty sure its months if not years to make it unless you have a really high craft check.

Paulus
2009-10-05, 11:55 PM
What you're missing is that it's harder to enchant things that are already magical. Adding a +1 equivalent, like Nimbleness, to a +3 armor is different from adding it to a +1 armor. There's a table here (d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm) that shows the cost of the total enchantment of the armor. You have to pay the difference between the current effective enhancement value and the new one. So adding a +1 ability to +1 armor is only a market value increase of 3000, but adding the same +1 ability to +4 armor is a market value increase of 9000.

I’m using that chart now in the DMG, which bought me to the current example… which I think has been said as correct?

That's only for magic items, crafting rules for normal items follow a different set of 1/3 cost for materials (in this case that would be 1383 plus lots of time) then to upgrade it you have to first make the item magical meaning it has to be a +1 item before you can upgrade it to nimbless.

The cost for the +1 is correctly 500 gp 40 xp and 1 day, but then you need to add nimbleness on top which would be 3000 gp base more, or 1500 gp cost 120 xp and 3 more days.

More likely than not you're going to have to spend the 4150 to buy the base mithral item, unless you have lots of rank in craft armor and have lots of time I haven't done the math in a while but I'm pretty sure its months if not years to make it unless you have a really high craft check.

Why does adding nimbleness ( a +1 bonus) = 3000g more?
The chart shows +1 armor as +1000gp. So if adding the +1 and Nimbleness would be the same as adding a +2, that would be like having the armor with the addition of +2 (4000gp) meaning 8,150gp which would be 4,075gp, 326xp, and 8 days correct?

As for normal crafting...
Break down gold cost to silver, Mithral Chainmail is 4,150gp
41500sp
Dc of 15 (10 plus armor bonus of 5)
1383gp raw materials
I can get a craft check of 21 without even rolling. (factotum level 15 +1 rank +5 int mod)
21 x 15 = 315
Which means I could finish it roughly under one year if I only roll a 1 each time.

Am i correct thus far?

sofawall
2009-10-06, 12:07 AM
Take +1 armour. It costs 1000.

Say you want to add Nimbleness, a +1 property. Yourarmour is now a +2 equivalent. Take the cost of a +2 armour (4000) minus the cost of a plus one (because it is already +1) and you get 3000. The total, +1 armour of nimbleness, costs 4000.

sadi
2009-10-06, 12:11 AM
Why does adding nimbleness ( a +1 bonus) = 3000g more?
The chart shows +1 armor as +1000gp. So if adding the +1 and Nimbleness would be the same as adding a +2, that would be like having the armor with the addition of +2 (4000gp) meaning 8,150gp which would be 4,075gp, 326xp, and 8 days correct?

As for normal crafting...
Break down gold cost to silver, Mithral Chainmail is 4,150gp
41500sp
Dc of 15 (10 plus armor bonus of 5)
1383gp raw materials
I can get a craft check of 21 without even rolling. (factotum level 15 +1 rank +5 int mod)
21 x 15 = 315
Which means I could finish it roughly under one year if I only roll a 1 each time.

Am i correct thus far?

Nimbleness adds +1 because you can not add additional abilities without the item first being +1. A mithral chainmail is considered masterwork not +1 by default. The cost for the craft feats is just using the magic part which in this case is +2. The cost of +2 (+1 item of nimbleness) is 4,000, or 2,000 in materials and 160xp

To craft mithral chainmail you need to make a dc 20 craft check paying 1/3 of the items base price, thats where the 1383 comes from. You do not pay xp on this and this is not relevant to enchanting an item. And a rough estimate would be around 260 days to make the armor plus time to enchant it.

It's easier to remember,1)craft the item first (or buy it) then forget all costs related to it.
2)enchant item as desired, but all items have to be atleast +1 before you can add any other abilities.
3)if upgrading later add up value of all pluses on item, use the chart then subtract the current plus value of item. Pay half that value in gold and 4% of that value in xp.

Paulus
2009-10-06, 02:37 AM
Take +1 armour. It costs 1000.

Say you want to add Nimbleness, a +1 property. Yourarmour is now a +2 equivalent. Take the cost of a +2 armour (4000) minus the cost of a plus one (because it is already +1) and you get 3000. The total, +1 armour of nimbleness, costs 4000.

Nimbleness adds +1 because you can not add additional abilities without the item first being +1. A mithral chainmail is considered masterwork not +1 by default. The cost for the craft feats is just using the magic part which in this case is +2. The cost of +2 (+1 item of nimbleness) is 4,000, or 2,000 in materials and 160xp

To craft mithral chainmail you need to make a dc 20 craft check paying 1/3 of the items base price, thats where the 1383 comes from. You do not pay xp on this and this is not relevant to enchanting an item. And a rough estimate would be around 260 days to make the armor plus time to enchant it.

It's easier to remember,1)craft the item first (or buy it) then forget all costs related to it.
2)enchant item as desired, but all items have to be atleast +1 before you can add any other abilities.
3)if upgrading later add up value of all pluses on item, use the chart then subtract the current plus value of item. Pay half that value in gold and 4% of that value in xp.

So I'd need to make the armor first. Then add a +1 enchantment to make it magical, which is +100ogp for the +1 bonus and therefore 500gp 40xp one day to make. Now, next I'd add the Nimbleness which is also a +1 bonus price, meaning Nimbleness is +1000gp. But Seeing as how I already have a +1 armor, I need to treat it as +2 to armor, which is 4000, minus the already bought +1 bonus, meaning it'd take 3000gp, and thus halve that and I get 1500gp, 120xp and one day.

Which will ultimately get me +1 Mithril Chainmail of Nimbless.

Now to add Soulfire (+4) bonus, I need take the price for a +6 Bonus 36,000gp, subtract my +2 bonus 4000go, 32000gp and then halve that 16000gp, 4% of original 1280xp, and then day it off of original price 32 days. By George I think I've got!

That would give me +1 Mithril Soulfire chainmail of Nimbleness, and upping that to a +5 would take a +4, but I'm pricing a +10 100,000gp minus my already +6 36,000gp to a total of 64000gp THUS 32000gp, 2560xp and 64 days!

Giving me ultimately, +5 Mithral Soulfire chainmail of Nimbleness!

Okay I think I got armor and weapons down. I'm pretty sure I've been corrected for the magic items too.

What? The caster level of the item only has to be enough to cast the spell in the first place, not to take the Craft Wondrous Item feat.

Also, since both have a duration of 24 hours or better, the price for both gets cut in half. Technically speaking, this is for continuous only, but I'm sure there should be no problems with letting it benefit from this.

So, you have:

Erase Continuous: 1st Level * CL 1 * 2000gp * 0.5 (long duration) = 1000gp.
Arcane Mark Continuous: 0th Level (0.5) * CL 1 * 2000gp * 1.5 (extra ability) * 0.5 (long duration) = 750gp.

Total: 1750 gp Market Value
Craft: 875gp + 70 XP

Still a little steep for what it is, though.

Okay I think I got this one too... but the forula for adding magical properties onto an item is still the same right? Using the chart on pg285 of the DMG.

Pants of Continuous Endure Elements (takes up belt slot)
Spell level x Caster Level x 2000gp, so it's 1 x 1 x 2000gp, or 2000gp, halved for 24 hours duration which is 1000gp but since it takes up an uncustomary slot (instead of no slot which is double) it costs 1.5 more or 1 and a 1/2 more... which is 1500gp. To make is thus, 750gp 60xp and one day to make...

adding amulet of adaptation powers (alter self spell) 2 x 2 x 2000gp, =8000gp
multiplied 1.5 for being ten minute/level equaling 12000gp, and uncustomary slot x 1.5 again = 18000gp which would be 9000gp 720xp and take 18 days to upgrade correct?

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2009-10-06, 01:36 PM
Defending +1 doesn' work that way, it means your +5 item costs what a +6 item costs not 2000 more. Upgrading an item later would cost you 22,000 more (the difference between +5 and +6) of which as normal for all items you make you have to pay 50% of the list price in gold and 4% in xp unless you take a crafting feat that reduces costs. Creation time is 1 day per 1000 gp base cost rounded up, as in your 84,000 gp item will take 84 days to make. On the bright side you can only work on one item at a time, but the work doesn't have to be constant.There are RAW (but cheesy) ways of making the 'wrong' math work. It's in the Dirty Trick handbook at BG.

I just skip the pain and allow the cheesy method's cost calculations to begin with. Lets face it, it helps the poor fighter much more than the already overpowered casters. They don't need a +5 sword...

Paulus
2009-10-06, 03:02 PM
This is what I have sent my DM for approval, I THINK I got it right. If anyone would like to double check for me, I'd be grateful, but I think you guys have gotten it through my thick skull. At least I hope so.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me, I really appreciate it. I dislike leaving everything up to the DM because I didn't quite understand it. I believe I do now and it was worth the effort. Thanks again everyone!

+5 Mithril Soulfire Chainmail of Nimbleness
1)Craft (Armor Smithing) Mithral Chainmail (Elven Chain)
41500sp, DC 20, 1383gp Raw materials
21 x 20 = 420 or 4 months tops.
2) +1 bonus 1000gp or 500gp, 40xp, 1day
3) Nimbleness 3000gp or 1500gp, 120xp and 1day
4) Soulfire 32000gp or 16000gp, 1280xp, 32 days.
5) +4 Bonus 64000gp or 32000gp, 2560xp and 64 days
(+5 En bonus, +5 AC, +5 Max Dex, 0 ACP, 20% Spell fail, Light )
104,150 total buy or 51383gp, 4000xp, 7 months 8 days
(or +4 armor: 84,000 dm price)

Hakama of Enduring Adaptation
1)Pants of Continuous Endure Elements (takes up belt slot)
1 x 1 x 2000gp, or 2000gp, 1/2 for 24 hours duration =1000gp, uncustomary slot
x 1.5 more = 1500gp. or 750gp, 60xp, 1day
2)(Adding amulet of adaptation powers or alter self spell) 2 x 2 x 2000gp, =8000gp
multiplied 1.5 ten minute/level = 12000gp, uncustomary slot x 1.5 = 18000gp. or 9000gp 720xp, 18 days.
19500gp total or 9750gp, 780xp, 19days
(or 14,000gp dm price)

Mithral Boots of Dexterity
1)Craft (Armorsmithing) Mithril Boots 2lbs 1002gp
10020sp, DC 20, 334gp Raw Materials
21 x 20 = 420 or 3 weeks tops.
2) +6 Dexterity bonus, (bonus squared x 1000gp=) 12000gp or 6000gp, 480xp, 12 days
13002gp total or 6334gp, 480xp, 5 weeks
(or 36000gp dm price)

+5 Mithral Gauntlets of Defending
1)Craft (Armorsmithing) Mithril Gauntlets 2lbs 1002gp
10020sp, DC 20, 334gp Raw Materials
21 x 20 = 420 or 3 weeks tops.
2) +1 bonus 1000gp, 500gp, 40xp, 1day.
3) Defending (+1 Bonus) 3000gp, 1500gp, 120xp and 1day
4) +4 bonus (36,000 – 4000gp = ) 32000gp or 16000gp, 1280xp, 32days
37002gp or 18334gp, 1440xp, 7 weeks 6 days
(or 8500gp for Transmuting without the bonus, dm price)

1)Erase Continuous: 1st Level * CL 1 * 2000gp * 0.5 (long duration) = 1000gp.
2)Arcane Mark Continuous: 0th Level (0.5) * CL 1 * 2000gp * 1.5 (extra ability) *
0.5 (long duration) = 750gp.
1750gp or 875gp + 70 XP

Tyndmyr
2009-10-06, 03:08 PM
Grab the MIC. It has a bunch of abilities that are +x amount of money instead of a +1/2/3/4/5 bonus. These are flat cost increases, and thus, are awesome when you're dumping stupid amounts of money at weapons or armor.

Paulus
2009-10-06, 03:56 PM
Grab the MIC. It has a bunch of abilities that are +x amount of money instead of a +1/2/3/4/5 bonus. These are flat cost increases, and thus, are awesome when you're dumping stupid amounts of money at weapons or armor.

Yeah I'm keeping my eye on "Called" a "+2000gp" feature. But I'm trying to go for crafting and generally making my own magic items, something I loved about oblivion... and honestly I'm a sucker for customization. I have no clue why it had to be so complicated for D&D though. And that requires knowing how the crap the system is suppose to work. Something I completely missed or misunderstood before hand. Thank goodness this community knew a cheat sheet formula.

My next goal is a tunic of Mindblank! :3