PDA

View Full Version : What Would It Take to Pull This Off? (3.5, Psionic)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-05, 07:50 PM
I've had this idea for a few weeks now, and I think I'll finally get the chance to pull it off in the next campaign I'll be in.

Basically, my plan is for my character to go out in style; making their own demi-plane and leaving the world.

In order to even try this, I'll need to be a Shaper Psion, to be able to manifest Genesis. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/genesis.htm) Aside from this, I'll need to get there (Psionic Plane Shift should be good enough). My character will likely want to take loved ones, but again, Psionic Plane Shift could work. The problem is this, emphasis mine:

You determine the environment within the demiplane when you manifest genesis, reflecting most any desire you can visualize. You determine factors such as atmosphere, water, temperature, and the general shape of the terrain. This power cannot create life (including vegetation), nor can it create construction (such as buildings, roads, wells, dungeons, and so forth). You must add these details in some other fashion if you desire.

So, how would one go about getting the flora and fauna to the demi-plane to make it more hospitable? Additionally, are there any flaws I've overlooked?

Books we have available are the core books, Player's Handbook 2, Dungeon Master's Guide 2, Book of Vile Darkness, Tome of Battle, Expanded Psionics Handbook, Complete Warrior, and Complete Arcane. Thanks in advance!

Paulus
2009-10-05, 07:52 PM
I've had this idea for a few weeks now, and I think I'll finally get the chance to pull it off in the next campaign I'll be in.

Basically, my plan is for my character to go out in style; making their own demi-plane and leaving the world.

In order to even try this, I'll need to be a Shaper Psion, to be able to manifest Genesis. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/genesis.htm) Aside from this, I'll need to get there (Psionic Plane Shift should be good enough). My character will likely want to take loved ones, but again, Psionic Plane Shift could work. The problem is this, emphasis mine:

So, how would one go about getting the flora and fauna to the demi-plane to make it more hospitable? Additionally, are there any flaws I've overlooked?

Books we have available are the core books, Player's Handbook 2, Dungeon Master's Guide 2, Book of Vile Darkness, Tome of Battle, Expanded Psionics Handbook, Complete Warrior, and Complete Arcane. Thanks in advance!

Psionic plane shifting a garden, trees, dirt, etc should get you all the stuff you need. Which means basically stealing it. Is there a Psionic means of major Creation and Permanency? The rest should be easy to port there if no I'd think...

infinitypanda
2009-10-05, 07:57 PM
Yeah, just nick someone's garden and you'll be fine.

Darkmatter
2009-10-05, 07:59 PM
My Shaper collected tree feather tokens (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#tree) throughout the campaign to populate his demiplane. Smaller plants can be grown normally, since you can create the best growing conditions you can imagine and most grasses and the like just need to be seeded and will be established in a couple of months. Plane shifting some gardeners in wouldn't be a bad idea - you can offer a whole family a free place to live, after all.

Jack_Simth
2009-10-05, 08:02 PM
Hire a Druid for Plant Growth?

Rhiannon87
2009-10-05, 08:37 PM
Hire a druid, or use your other 9th-level shaper power, True Creation, and make whatever the heck you want. I actually have similar plans for a shaper character of mine, although she's not going to be bothering with trees and such. She's gonna use greater fabricate and true creation to build a house and workshop and stuff.

jokey665
2009-10-05, 08:51 PM
This is basically the backbone of the current campaign setting I'm running. It was created by an Elan Psion lots and lots of years ago, and he's essentially been expanding it and populating it to the point where it's a viable world.