PDA

View Full Version : Humanity perfected (Build Challenge)[3.5]

Danin
2009-10-06, 12:11 AM
Poking through Races of Destiny a while back, I came across the god Zarus. For those of you who don't know who he is, well, he is the god of humans, while every other races is... something less. Humans have the right to rule, humans deserve mastery over the other races (if they deserve to live at all), ect, ect.

I thought to myself that this might contribute to a fun character. That, or a really cool BBEG. Clearly his chosen would be human, but what exactly? Then it struck me: The perfect human. So, playgrounders, I defer to your wisdom:

What would represent the perfect human? Assume he is the statistical oddity and has rolled straight 18's across the board, what would best represent the chosen of Zarus? Assume gestalt is an option. And go!

Douglas
2009-10-06, 12:16 AM
Well, there's this template (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm) that's supposed to represent that sort of thing. Not sure how well it would actually work for what you want, though.

Zaydos
2009-10-06, 12:20 AM
I'd say start with Paladin of Tyranny//Wizard or Sorcerer. Paladin of Tyranny fits his flavor, it is the ruler, and it is a wondrously "perfect" (read high Cha) warrior. Maybe Factotum 1 and Able Learner because it is a human only feat or even Chameleon class.

Thurbane
2009-10-06, 12:25 AM
I'd say you'd have to throw in Human Paragon and Cleric/Favored Soul levels there somewhere.

I actually had a BBEG statted up ages ago who was a Cleric/War Priest of Zarus, and his cohort/general was a Paladin of Tyranny/Marshal.

Xefas
2009-10-06, 12:51 AM
Well, humans kind of have the versatility of learning shtick (free bonus feat, free skill points). Maybe a Factotum/Chameleon? That's your best bet for 'overwhelmingly human', in my opinion.

If you do end up making it a BBEG, you could even give him the ability to switch focus/aptitudes on the fly, and have a boss battle where you have to defeat him as one focus, and then he switches focuses and regains all his hit points, and you have to beat that focus, and then he switches again, etc.

Danin
2009-10-06, 01:04 AM
If you do end up making it a BBEG, you could even give him the ability to switch focus/aptitudes on the fly, and have a boss battle where you have to defeat him as one focus, and then he switches focuses and regains all his hit points, and you have to beat that focus, and then he switches again, etc.

This... I like.

I was also considering a Warblade // Favored Soul. D12 HD, perfect saves, decent skills and ToB goodness.

dspeyer
2009-10-06, 01:44 AM
The definitive strength of humanity in DND is versatility. To cover everything, something like:

Wizard 18 / MotAA 2 // Factotum 8 / Chameleon 10 / Warblade 2

Though that Chameleon is going to spend almost all of his time divine-focused, so maybe something like

Wizard 10 / MotAA 10 // Factotum 8 / Cloistered Cleric 11 / Swordsage 1

Doubtless this can be tweaked a bunch.

Cyclocone
2009-10-06, 02:27 AM
Warblade 20//Psion 20.

Physical and mental perfection, übermensch-style.

Maybe make him a Paragon Human Human Paragon for extra sillyness.