PDA

View Full Version : Self-inflicted or retributive destruction.

Glyde
2009-10-06, 09:30 AM
I'm looking to build a character who deals damage by taking it, or being threatened to take it. Things like blade of blood, lady's gambit, karmic strike...That's what I'm looking for.

The concept is light armored with a scythe, ninth level. Base stats came out to be 16, 16, 15, 13, 10, 10. I want as full a BAB as possible, though dipping for caster levels for appropriate spells is fine. ToB discouraged, but dippable (A couple characters have 1 or 2 levels in a ToB class.)

My current idea is "Glyde, just go duskblade you doofus." but I'm opening this to the playground to see if there's anything more interesting I can do with this concept.

The party's current optimization level is moderate to strong, so don't be afraid to go all-out and/or obscure.

Mr.Bookworm
2009-10-06, 09:54 AM
Hellfire Warlock with a slice of cheese, perhaps?

Or maybe a Wizard with Blood Magus? That wouldn't be optimal, but you'd still be a Wizard, so yeah.

EDIT: Didn't see the part about being melee.

I'm not up-to-speed completely on my Warlocks, but I'm pretty sure you can make a fine melee Warlock with Eldritch Glaive, and I'm pretty sure (again) that you can use Hellfire Warlock with this.

jcsw
2009-10-06, 10:06 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5931.0

similar objective, should be useful.

Boci
2009-10-06, 10:28 AM
Level dip into binder and improved binding to be able to bind the toothed vestidge for shared pain?

RagnaroksChosen
2009-10-06, 10:33 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5931.0

similar objective, should be useful.

Highly recommend that thread...

A combination of binder 3 and egoist i believe picking up
shared pain hostile or empathetic transfer hostile or what not.

Noble Savant
2009-10-06, 10:34 AM
The Crusader's delayed damage pool works like this. The more damage you take, the more you dish out. Combine this with a vicious weapon and get a bit more bang out of it.

Glyde
2009-10-06, 10:40 AM
You know, I'm surprised I didn't think of crusader earlier. I'll run it by the DM and see what he thinks.

I want to avoid Binder for now, as it's a completely new concept to the group and I. I'll take a look, though.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-10-06, 10:46 AM
You know, I'm surprised I didn't think of crusader earlier. I'll run it by the DM and see what he thinks.

I want to avoid Binder for now, as it's a completely new concept to the group and I. I'll take a look, though.

Its realy easy as you are just going to use it for 1 vistige mabye two if you go the psionic route.

so it isn't to much to handle.