PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a way to stop the aging process

Eguzki
2009-10-06, 09:48 AM
Hey all,

My friend is starting up an epic campaign following the 3.5 D&D rules and i'm looking for a way to stop the aging of my body. I'm playing a gnome wizard 5/red wizard 10/ archmage 5 (i know i need to be a human of thay to be a red wizard but i altered the back story to make them gnomes instead). he is 250 putting him in the venerable age categorie thus giving him a -6 to str, dex, and con and a +3 to int, cha, and wis.

So here is the thing. i want to keep the bonuses but loose the penalties or at least reduce them.

I have access to all 3.0 and 3.5 supplements and possibly some hombrew stuff.

If you have any ides please let me know

Sinfire Titan
2009-10-06, 09:51 AM
Dragonborn resets your age to Adult.

Warforged and Elan don't take aging penalties and are technically immortal (Warforged only take one set of aging penalties).

The Monk PrC in Frostburn removes your age entirely. It sucks though.

Necropolitan template from Libris Mortis. Turns you undead. You can keep an effective Con of 22 by having an 8th level Dread Necromancer with Corpse Crafter raise you within the radius of a Desecrate spell.

Edit: You wanted to keep the bonuses, but lose the penalties? Dragonwrought Kobold is the only way, but your remaining life span would be about 2-7 years. You can extend that fairly easily in Epic.

Grumman
2009-10-06, 10:00 AM
How about using Persistent Polymorph each day?

Eldariel
2009-10-06, 10:03 AM
Necropolitan template from Libris Mortis. Turns you undead. You can keep an effective Con of 22 by having an 8th level Dread Necromancer with Corpse Crafter raise you within the radius of a Desecrate spell.

It's better than that. His present HD is d4; this would be raised to d12, which is, by averages, 4 extra HP or comparable to Con 30 with the other bonuses.

And yeah, switching race or becoming Undead is the easiest way to get by aging. It's nothing magic can't do. Undead rituals don't affect the mental stats, IIRC (though becoming a Lich would be a slight boost in that regard).

Ormur
2009-10-06, 10:06 AM
Kill yourself, have a druid reincarnate you as a young adult and accrue enough druid levels to get ageless body before you start taking age penalties.

Too inconvenient? :smallbiggrin:

Stegyre
As long as you're playing epic, Extended Life Span will allow you to repeatedly "extend" each of your aging categories so you never get into the red territory.

This will require multiple feats, although depending upon your race, you only need a new one every few years, or decades.

Kaiyanwang
Death. Undeath. Deathlessness.

Serioulsy, I found a Dragon Magazine (sorry, I didn't remember the issue) that simply added the "timeless" quality to a creature (DM decides how) and it does not die for age.

I simply added that the timeless one remains at the appeareance he was the time he gained the quality (in my gameworld, drink to the fountain of Urd, after an epic quest, in Ysgard).

Do something like this. Rememeber, before, to talk to hose players that have the PC with Timeless Body (Druids, Monks..) and be sure everybody agree.

Hope can be useful..

Stegyre
2009-10-06, 10:08 AM
Kill yourself, have a druid reincarnate you as a young adult and accrue enough druid levels to get ageless body before you start taking age penalties.

Too inconvenient? :smallbiggrin:Reminds me of this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0634.html).

Grumman
2009-10-06, 10:10 AM
As long as you're playing epic, Extended Life Span (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Extended_Life_Span,) will allow you to repeatedly "extend" each of your aging categories so you never get into the red territory.

This will require multiple feats, although depending upon your race, you only need a new one every few years, or decades.
He's a gnome, so he'd only have to spend a feat once every 150 years.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-06, 10:11 AM
Use the Fortify Seed. Wasting a feat on Extended Lifespan is...eh.

You'd either lose bonuses or keep penalties, though. The best way for an arcanist to do this (Timeless Body is generally divine) is to get Reincarnated, and hope your new young body doesn't invalidate your build.

Eguzki
2009-10-06, 11:27 AM
I really like the idea of becoming undead through the necropolitan template however im a bit worried about being confronted by Villians that can rebuke or control undead. if feel like i would be at a huge disadvantage even with the +2 bonus. And if i know my DM at all he will throw them in.

how could i counter that?

ericgrau
2009-10-06, 11:30 AM
Use the Fortify Seed. Wasting a feat on Extended Lifespan is...eh.

You'd either lose bonuses or keep penalties, though. The best way for an arcanist to do this (Timeless Body is generally divine) is to get Reincarnated, and hope your new young body doesn't invalidate your build.

Multiple castings of an epic spell with the fortify seed overlap not stack. This spell can get expensive fast. Unless you break the system with excessive mitigation. But, then, why haven't you killed the gods yet? The easiest way is to become undead, but that comes with LA. Otherwise D&D makes old age quite difficult to overcome.