PDA

View Full Version : Picking up the pieces (DnD 3.5)

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-06, 10:31 AM
Link to recruitment thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7049090#post7049090
Link to OOC threadhttp://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7066530#post7066530

Okay, so just to recap before we get into things, here's the list of characters and the backstory of the campaign. Just so we have it here on this page.

{table=head]Player|Character|Species|Class
Sir Chivalry|Dominic Lafayette (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157755)|Human|Paladin/Monk
Demons Eye|Lightning Tomonson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157715)|Human|Jumper
Illiterate Scribe|William Houstoun (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157738)|Human|Factotum/Artificer/Gadgeteer
Typewriter|Kringe De'Bongo (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157727)|Mineral Warrior Dwarf|Dragon Shaman/Fighter
Whoiam|Balein (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157775)|Elf|Variant Ranger
Froogleyboy|Squick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157816)|Kobold|Cleric
Neoseph7|Anthony Lastlescoan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157726)|Human|Warmage
KAGOME05W|Jenny (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157769)|Human|Warlock
[/table]

The world is set after a great war between two alliances of nations. Many old kingdoms are destroyed or assimilated, but in the confusion, no one was properly "saved" any important treasure from the now defunct kingdoms, and many important noblemen would love to hire people to search for valubles left by their families during the war. That's just one possible hook even, depends on your backstories. Characters can be anytihng from former soldiers to fortune hunters to noir detectives, it's all your choice.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-06, 02:20 PM
The saloon of the Saucy Mare, a pub in the town of Freeson, is bustling tonight. The wagon train belonging to the Lilac Rabbit's has pulled into town, and the halflings are filling themselves full of roast pheasant and stout. The halflings are welcomed in such a festidious way each year, for they also bring mercenaries with them, those who have need of shelter in the wilderness, but whose strength of arms keeps bandits at bay. Such a group has come this year, strange folk, and weary too. After the war ended, the town of Freeson saw many strange people haunt their pub, but few could be called this eccentric. They sit in the saloon now, all keeping their business to their own selves. A disgraced lieutenant major, a jaded bounty hunter, a pious deserter, his cursed beloved, a man of metal and draconic blood not born as such, a child of noble scions able to slip the bonds of space and time, a kobold devoted to the sun, and a savant disgusted with his own kind. This is their story...

Sadison, the grandson of the caravan owner, walks from table to table, inquiring about what drinks everyone would like (on him of course, as are your rooms in the hostel across the way) and gnawing on a piece of jerky dipped in honey.

(What will your character's be drinking? You can be as general, i.e. beer, wine, spirits, or as specific, i.e. orcish kragg (spirit), garnet wine, or pulsh brown ale, as you want. You can use drinks from real-life, from DnD, or as a special challenge, create you own.)

Demons_eye
2009-10-06, 02:51 PM
The tan man looks over the bartender once before answering. He had a scared running down his entire face that went from the top of his head threw his eye and passes his mouth. His two shields sit next to each other by his legs ready in case of attack. He smiles and says with a rough voice that surprisingly matched his looks "Dragons snot or Pixie Piss if you have any? If not just some mead." He then qucikly turns to the others "Like I said there is this spell that last forever! It would increase my fighting ability ten fold! Comes from the Dragons the mighty beasts they are and its amazing! I saw it when we were in the last town. We should get a wand of it or some thing."

KAGOME05W
2009-10-06, 03:43 PM
The woman whose green eyes looked like they carried a great sadness, whom was talking to the man beside her turned to look at Sadison and gave a faint smile "nothing for me please, thank you for asking" and then turned away and continued her private conversation.

whoiam
2009-10-06, 04:45 PM
Oh-so-very-quietly: "Water, please." Balein had used her advanced (and non-existant) knowledge of dragons to consider the likelihood of dragons inventing a spell that permanently boosted combat performance ten-fold... and not immediately using it for a bloody war of conquest against the other races... and found it to be quite doubtful. So her interest in the current conversation was a touch... nonexistant. Instead, her thoughts were on the road ahead - as they usually were. It was always the road ahead that would kill you, never the road behind.

Even here, amoungst allies, Balein sat as far apart from the others as their table would allow. It was not a deliberate attempt to be rude on her part, more... instinct. She liked her space. She liked her money more, which is why she was here at all. Not a lot of money in wandering the lands like a hermit... unless you could talk someone into paying you for it...

Typewriter
2009-10-06, 05:25 PM
Kringe winked at his commander as he looked about the table at those gathered around. He smiled, and stated aloud in a thick dwarven(scottish) accent, "D'nae lissen to them folk there about the drinks, they'll still be having them, just delivered to a different hand, which would be this one here of course", Kringe wiggled his right hand and continued, "So make it a uh, what did ya call it there Tomonson, Dragons spit? Aye, one of those for me and for me, from the lightweights, a couple of stout De'Bongo ale if they have any, the strongest they got if they don't. Probably for the best this one", Kringe pointed at Jenny, "ain't drinking, fore if she were then that would be yet another to outdrink our very own Balein here", he finished with a laugh while pointing at Balein and winking at Jenny.

Back to the matter at hand though, I dinnae know the specific spell ye're speaking of, but I do know Dragons be powerful creatures, and I would na put it past them to have such a spell.....", Kringes brow furled and a look of slight concern came over his face as he continued, "...though a spell as powerful as tha? I'm sure it's closely guarded secret. You'd have to deal directly with a dragon to learn the finer points of it. No, no, I don't be thinking you'll be finding a spell like that on any wand any time soon, aye."

neoseph7
2009-10-06, 07:03 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

I regret to inform you that you might be exagerrating this spell description. Anthy says with a wry smile. I know of a spell that'll let a normal man lift almost 200lbs over their head, about a two fold improvement, and a stronger spell that does that for all your allies. I'll tell you what though. If you believe this spell exists, then it must so, for it trully exists in your heart, and it's just a matter of freeing it from it's cardiac constraints and into the material world around us. Forget dragons m'boy. Real men create real spells, and you'll see divine dispensation before a dragon grants man such a feat of arcane mastery.
Anthony rises to get the attention of the party and speaks loud enough for the towns people to hear, but not so loud that they know he knows they can hear him.
All right lads. We are together here for a reason, and judging from the concerned looks from the native populous, they seem to have concluded that purpose to be foul. And as everyone knows, foul plans are not concocted or expidiated whilst three sheets to the wind (or seventy two as the case may be for some of us). Furthermore, it is COMMON knowledge that the viscious and vile among us could not tolerate that which was brewed in free lands of free hands with love and devotion to nothing more than the cause of granting pleasure to the tongue of one imbibing their beverage. And as such it is imperative that we allow ourselves a thorough tanking this evening to damn good mead.
Barkeep! A round of the good stuff! Heather Honey Mead!

Anthony will spend 10GP on booze and make a knowledge arcana check for this spell discussed earlier:

K(A): [roll0]

Typewriter
2009-10-06, 07:36 PM
Forget dragons m'boy. Real men create real spells, and you'll see divine dispensation before a dragon grants man such a feat of arcane mastery.

Kringe Guffaws at this, but says nothing

whoiam
2009-10-06, 07:40 PM
Laughter - the first time any of the others present had heard it from the elf. "In which case, a non-drinker such as myself must naturally fall under suspicion. I think, perhaps, that you may wish to come up with a different method of seperating the nefarious from the trustworthy."

Beat pause, and a transition from 'overly loud' to 'barely audible'. "Or entrust someone else with the task of navigation."

Demons_eye
2009-10-06, 08:07 PM
"Ha like I said it would help ME." Lighting says as he pats his shield. "Maybe some others too but my style would benefit from it a lot! He licks his lips from thirst. "Then man cast the spell on his fist and busted threw some wood. Then he cast it on his friends hammer and busted some stones up. Last but not least he cast it on a little mace gave it to a kid in the crowd and had HER break threw a smaller but still big pile of rocks. Was amazing! he finishes eyeballing the bar hoping his drink will come soon

neoseph7
2009-10-06, 08:17 PM
Laughter - the first time any of the others present had heard it from the elf. "In which case, a non-drinker such as myself must naturally fall under suspicion. I think, perhaps, that you may wish to come up with a different method of seperating the nefarious from the trustworthy."

Beat pause, and a transition from 'overly loud' to 'barely audible'. "Or entrust someone else with the task of navigation."

It is also a well known fact that the forces of evil cannot drink fresh cow's milk. Anthy winks at the elf, and attempts to bring the introvert into the fold of the conversation. Come now Balein. You've got to have at least a thousand years of experience to draw a couple of jokes from. It would honor us all if ye would tell us a funny, please, friend.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-06, 08:32 PM
Dominic is eating the roast pheasant with his bare hands, ripping at it hungrily with his teeth. He looks at Jenny, and sees she is looking troubled. He puts down the poultry, wipes his hands on a cloth in his pocket, and then leans over to kiss her on the cheek. He then looks back at Sadison, whom the others seem to think is the barmaid or bartender.

Can you check if they have any Plutonian Draught? It used to be her favourite back home. If they have any, I'll take a shot too. Thanks again for the kindness."

Dominic shifts slightly to allow Jenny to lean on him, as she appears to need comfort.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-06, 08:46 PM
Sadison looks at all of you and scrunches up his face for a moment.

"So that will be . . . two dragon snot, one water (bless you, are you coming down with something?), two pints De'Bongo ale, a round of some sort of mead made with heather, and two shots of a spirit that sounds poisonous. (Why can't mercenaries ever just have beer?)"

Sadison returns after ten minutes of navigating the crowds, with a tray of sliced meats, cheese and apples.

"The drinks will be along shortly, when the barkeep has time, and can find the barrel of Heather Honey Mead."

whoiam
2009-10-06, 08:55 PM
Sarison earns himself something of a poisonous stare from Balein - whose sensitive elven ears had no real trouble picking up his under-his-breath comments - but the real vitriol in her seems to be directed at someone else entirely.

"Yes, Anthony. It is well known that an elf working in the woods has ears *so* good she will not only pick up jokes from the local villages, but do so over a period of time some four times larger than her own lifespan. I am sure, if I listen hard enough, I can probably hear my father's childhood. A really good listener could probably catch the echoes of creation."

Under her breath: "Or the echo inside your skull."

Suffice it to say, Balein was big on sarcasm, but unlikely to appreciate jokes.

neoseph7
2009-10-06, 09:16 PM
Sarison earns himself something of a poisonous stare from Balein - whose sensitive elven ears had no real trouble picking up his under-his-breath comments - but the real vitriol in her seems to be directed at someone else entirely.

"Yes, Anthony. It is well known that an elf working in the woods has ears *so* good she will not only pick up jokes from the local villages, but do so over a period of time some four times larger than her own lifespan. I am sure, if I listen hard enough, I can probably hear my father's childhood. A really good listener could probably catch the echoes of creation."

Under her breath: "Or the echo inside your skull."

Suffice it to say, Balein was big on sarcasm, but unlikely to appreciate jokes.

Peace lass. I was being figurative. I know the longest lived elves only make it to about seven hundred and fifty. Surely you'll develop an ulcer if ye keep all that acid in your throat. On the other hand, with wit so sharp and words of such bile, you could probably attack our foes with a breath weapon. Hey! Maybe you can scribe a scroll for our towering shieldmate here?

Anthony continues to diplomatically harrass Balein for the rest of the evening, and, mildly tanked, will head up to his room and prepare for the mansion the party is to handle in the morning, unless something comes up ofcourse.

Typewriter
2009-10-06, 10:26 PM
"So that will be . . . two dragon snot, one water (bless you, are you coming down with something?), two pints De'Bongo ale, a round of some sort of mead made with heather, and two shots of a spirit that sounds poisonous. (Why can't mercenaries ever just have beer?)"

Ye can feel free to bring a plain old beer back as well, if ye like"

I once heard the sound of a wee one crying in the cold recesses of my lonely hovel, wonder if perhaps it could have been the birth of me own father?"

Kringe does not pick up on sarcasm that well, and is slightly drunk already.

Kringe intends to be the last man drinking as a matter of pride, so he'll stay at the table making jokes and having pints with any who will drink with him, until the last drunk is out, or he is.

whoiam
2009-10-07, 03:55 AM
Balein's response to Anthony's attempts to make her 'open up' become progressively terser - and less friendly (yes, it's possible). Eventually, she simply stands, announces she'll check on the caravan's animals, and walks out.

Turns out she isn't exactly the life and soul of the party. By the time she comes back inside, the others would long since by near-insensate - or asleep. She was taking advantage of the disparity between other species' sleeping needs, and her own 'about four hours of trance'. It saved her having to talk with the stragglers at the pub table.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-07, 07:01 AM
A barmaid brings the drinks over, first the individual drinks, and then the round of Heather Honey Mead.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-07, 07:11 AM
Dominic blows out the burning corona on his drink, and then downs it in one go. He then looks at Kringe.

"Believe me sir, you would not want to see Jen drunk. She once got into the wine cellar at the abbey, and nearly took the whole place out in a drunken haze."

Dominic laughs a little, then shifts to kiss Jenny on the crown of her head.

KAGOME05W
2009-10-07, 09:29 AM
Dominic blows out the burning corona on his drink, and then downs it in one go. He then looks at Kringe.

"Believe me sir, you would not want to see Jen drunk. She once got into the wine cellar at the abbey, and nearly took the whole place out in a drunken haze."

Dominic laughs a little, then shifts to kiss Jenny on the crown of her head.
Jenny blushes and returns the kiss " Thats not one hundred percent my fault though was it Dominic " then looks at Kringe and smilies a cheeky smile,
" but if you insist... "

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-07, 04:39 PM
William Houstoun
Gottfried Leibniz with a substantial armoury

A palpable storm front of mildly radioactive gas, ozone, and burnt wood builds for a second, then crashes as William Houstoun steps in. He walks on his stick with a somewhat studied ease that picks up as he gains confidence that this, indeed, is the place. He stops, and fixes Sadison with sort of glare usually employed by long-bearded, glittering-eyed elderly mariners accosting innocent wedding-going bystanders.

You have kuhvé here yet? You may call it 'coffee' or 'roast beans'. Three pints, if I may. If not no matter.

An eyebrow is raised at the contingent essentially occupying the bar by military might, in their various states of dishevelment, intoxication, distress and all-round general impairment.

Gentlemen [and women], you had better have some of the finest analgesic distillations that this most well-guarded caravan was taking, with the amount you're swilling. Tomorrow, oh, the bodily imbalances you've wrought tonight will not seem ...

Houstoun dons a pair of lenses so machined and developed they have nearly ceased being eyewear, then peers about through them with an angry glare that suggests he is trying to pin down Sadison and the great tankard of kuhvé he asked for.

... quite so humorous. What?

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-07, 09:45 PM
Sadison rubs his forehead.

"Why does everyone treat me like the barmaid? I'M THE CARAVAN LEADER!!! MY GRANPAPPY IS YOUR EMPLOYER! THAT MAKES ME YOUR (sputter-choke) . . . I'll get you your darn coffee"

A tankard of coffee is brought out to you. With many mutterings.

Next morning (post stuff for the night prior if it needs resolving, but the scene moves on)

The mercenaries walk now through the woods outside of Freeson. It is half a day's walk out to the house. The monsters don't come up to Freeson because of easier prey within the forest itself. Monsters are hungry, not stupid. But many of the old monsters have disappeared these last few years, and whispers are being spoken of a new threat, bold enough to attack a noble's house.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-07, 10:48 PM
Dominic fiddles with the chains wrapping his fists as he walks, muttering to himself as he does so.

Bloody forest. Birds chirping, sun filtering through the leaves all majestic . . . don't they know I drank Plutonian Draught last night? All I want to do is hit something.

Typewriter
2009-10-07, 11:52 PM
Kringe talks to anyone who will listen of the great history of clan De'Bongo and the supposed 'madness' that infects those of his blood. If no one is willing to listen, then he talks to Sadison, regardless of what Sadison wants.

Common things you'll hear De'Bongo rant about:

De'Bongo Origins
The original De'Bongo was said to be a man with a might thirst for drink, and the great dwarven clerics of old found him posessed by these evil 'demons of the drink'. They told him to fight and to fight, and eventually he did, spearing a mug of ale with a pike from the ground where he had stumbled. Tha' started the De'Bongo tradition of fighting with a pike, as well as inspiring the birth of this here tabard.

Clan De'Bongo Fighting Style
Tis truly an amazing thing to see you know, a dwarf fighting with a polearm of any sort. No one expects tha level of grace and nimbleness. Beyond tha' wee benefits gained by fighting with a weapon of such reach, the added benefit of having an enemy nay expectin tha dwarf to sping tha' giant thing around when it's more than twice his size? Aye, aye, truly an amazing thing it be to see.

Grampa Mongo
Some say Mongo brought shame to the clan, but those who have heard tha' tales from his mouth know better. He traveled with nobility across the east, or maybe tha' west, and fought against all manner of great evil. Unfortanetly, in the end, Mongos group succumbed to the evils of the great west-eastern evils, and most of them were slayed by a dark lich. Mongo was saved by his ally, that'd be the nobleman, throwing him at a dragon. Well, the dragon ate him right up and flew off. He forced his way out later, and only then di' he learn of the great evils his party had succumb to. He retired to the clan home, and most of us think him a hero.

Uncle Reork
Reork was a giant of a genie, standing a two feet taller than any dwarf you've ever known. Lad could fly as well, without the need of any, ugh, 'wizards magic' or wings or any such nonsense. Nope, just proclaimed that he didn't need to walk and off he went soaring about the clouds. He was a bit nervous though and made something he called a 'pair of chutes' and attached it to the non-pointy end o' his pike, so that if he were to fall from the sky, dropping his pike would deploy his pair of chutes, and slow his descent.

De'Bongo Madness
Aye, how da' you know about tha' claims that De'Bongo are geared towards insanity? Tis not a common thing for conversation out and about ye' know, probably best not to spread such obviously false rumors, aye?

De'Bongo Ale
Aye, tis truly the best ale I've ever had, something that people all around the world crave. I should na' be tellin you this, but you know what the secret ingredient is? No! It is not fermented dwarf piss, it's elba grease. You have to work real hard on getting it all mixed together correctly, and my pappy tells me that makes something called 'elba grease' which they put in tha' ale.

Why doesn't Kringe fight with a polearm like the rest of his clan?
Why don't you mind yer own filthy business? I think this conversation is done!

neoseph7
2009-10-08, 12:03 AM
Kringe talks to anyone who will listen of the great history of clan De'Bongo and the supposed 'madness' that infects those of his blood. If no one is willing to listen, then he talks to Sadison, regardless of what Sadison wants.

Common things you'll hear De'Bongo rant about:

De'Bongo Origins
The original De'Bongo was said to be a man with a might thirst for drink, and the great dwarven clerics of old found him posessed by these evil 'demons of the drink'. They told him to fight and to fight, and eventually he did, spearing a mug of ale with a pike from the ground where he had stumbled. Tha' started the De'Bongo tradition of fighting with a pike, as well as inspiring the birth of this here tabard.

Clan De'Bongo Fighting Style
Tis truly an amazing thing to see you know, a dwarf fighting with a polearm of any sort. No one expects tha level of grace and nimbleness. Beyond tha' wee benefits gained by fighting with a weapon of such reach, the added benefit of having an enemy nay expectin tha dwarf to sping tha' giant thing around when it's more than twice his size? Aye, aye, truly an amazing thing it be to see.

Grampa Mongo
Some say Mongo brought shame to the clan, but those who have heard tha' tales from his mouth know better. He traveled with nobility across the east, or maybe tha' west, and fought against all manner of great evil. Unfortanetly, in the end, Mongos group succumbed to the evils of the great west-eastern evils, and most of them were slayed by a dark lich. Mongo was saved by his ally, that'd be the nobleman, throwing him at a dragon. Well, the dragon ate him right up and flew off. He forced his way out later, and only then di' he learn of the great evils his party had succumb to. He retired to the clan home, and most of us think him a hero.

Uncle Reork
Reork was a giant of a genie, standing a two feet taller than any dwarf you've ever known. Lad could fly as well, without the need of any, ugh, 'wizards magic' or wings or any such nonsense. Nope, just proclaimed that he didn't need to walk and off he went soaring about the clouds. He was a bit nervous though and made something he called a 'pair of chutes' and attached it to the non-pointy end o' his pike, so that if he were to fall from the sky, dropping his pike would deploy his pair of chutes, and slow his descent.

De'Bongo Madness
Aye, how da' you know about tha' claims that De'Bongo are geared towards insanity? Tis not a common thing for conversation out and about ye' know, probably best not to spread such obviously false rumors, aye?

De'Bongo Ale
Aye, tis truly the best ale I've ever had, something that people all around the world crave. I should na' be tellin you this, but you know what the secret ingredient is? No! It is not fermented dwarf piss, it's elba grease. You have to work real hard on getting it all mixed together correctly, and my pappy tells me that makes something called 'elba grease' which they put in tha' ale.

Why doesn't Kringe fight with a polearm like the rest of his clan?
Why don't you mind yer own filthy business? I think this conversation is done!

Anthy is more than willing to bond with his fellow mercenery, and for every anecdote Kringe pulls out about his history, booze, style, and family; Anthony talks about his experiences as a young lad in the academy, especially dealing with two things: Evocations and Women. Especially there similarities. Further, while enjoying this banter, he frequently shouts off to the less social in the group Balein asking their opinion on the matter.

whoiam
2009-10-08, 03:44 AM
Balein, as she usually is, was on her warhorse at the front of the caravan. Every time Anthony shouts at her about something not related to combat, she simply pulls a couple of paces further ahead. The combat related queries, however...

The Dwarven Berserker
During her martial service, towards the end of the war, Balein and a unit she was guiding (a foraging patrol) encountered a lone dwarf, feasting on a freshly butchered deer in the forest. The soldiers with her, having failed to notice the polearm concealed in the long grass beside the dwarf, were in pike range before they realised he had anything more dangerous than a knife on him.

By the time Balein had shot him (the equivalent of three or four rounds later) he had managed to hack down half the unit *and* extrude an impressive amount of foam from his mouth. Balein considers herself lucky she got one of her arrows through his eye. She doubts putting one into his chest would have stopped him.

Going by Kringe's story, she'd guess he was a De'Bongo. But she has no idea how you'd tell one clan of dwarves from another, so that is pure speculation.

KAGOME05W
2009-10-08, 08:09 AM
Jenny smiles at Dominic " thats why you should've gone easy on them " then reaching in to her bag ,she produces a pair of ear plugs and hands them to Dominic. Then Jenny returns to listen to Kringe " realy, Dwarven culture is so interesting " .

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-08, 08:30 AM
Dominic moves closer to Anthony, wanting to listen to this guy over the chirping birds.

"Hey Tony. So, what sort of monster do ya think is in the mansion? Mr. Fancy-pants noble didn't know, and I do have to wonder about legitimate authority when it's so . . . unwise. So with you being one of them arcane flash-bang-boom sort of guys, I was wondering if you could sprinkle some of your fairy dust wisdom down upon us?

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-08, 10:25 AM
William, walking a few steps behind Anthony, hears Dominic's question. This, oh, this he can talk about.

Well, there's a fair amount of unpleasantness out there, but let us work by elimination and contingency. Is it something normal - a particularly vicious apex predator, a previously unknown species? Unlikely. Whatever this monster or monsters or demon or bandit company or whatever is, it seems to be disrupting the usual order of things. It is possibly some remnant from the war that no-one saw fit to unsummon or destroy - goodness knows that there are enough of them. Alternatively, it could be one of those perennial threats - the undead, the unholy, the unwashed. Whatever it is, its living in a house suggests it's got at least a modicum of intelligence, or nesting instinct, and so I think we should prepare ourselves for not seeing it or them coming when we get in. Even now ...

A thought strikes William even as he's speaking. He rummages in his cloak, and withdraws what seems to be a small ball of smoking embers. Just like that, he 'unfolds' it into a small figure, and throws it out into the bushes just ahead. It slinks off.

[roll0] (knowledge:history), to see if I can remember any examples of engineered/summoned/bound creatures that were employed during the war or the periods just before and after. Also, when I know that we're only a few minutes away from the mansion, I'll cast blast rod on one of my 'blank' trinitite rods.

Finally, the ball of embers is my Furtive Filcher, a homunculus. It's going to range out 50ft ahead of us, slowly slinking about actually underneath the undergrowth layer, and do its best to spot something hostile-looking. If so, it's going to send me a telepathic message back, and creep back to me.

neoseph7
2009-10-08, 11:04 AM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

Well Dom, my first instinct for non-intelligent creature would be oozes. Something not normally found in the wild, probably creeping up from the ground looking for the vermin that are almost assuredly to be found in an abandoned home (as they can be found in unabandoned homes too, the little blighters). But if this weren't simply an infestation of the creeper creature that just doesn't know better?

I'll go with Willy and even step up the intelligent creature notch with sspecifically trolls or other giants. Not massively huge giants. Just the normal giants. Maybe a few ogres? We could be in for a real treat!

Hey Balein! What do you think we'll be fighting?

whoiam
2009-10-08, 11:22 AM
"In my experience, the most likely species to be inhabiting a house is humans. Refugees, most likely. You look bad if you evict refugees, so you hire a bunch of unimportant mercenaries and send them to clean the place out. Noone cares if *we* look bad. If not humans... Something human-like. Elves probably would not bother with a manor, and dwarves would be more likely to dig their own holes beneath it. Halflings or Gnomes are a possibility, but they're fairly rare around here. I would say goblins or orcs would be the next most likely. It won't be Giants - they'd have partially demolished the place, so it would not be habitable even if we cleared it. Trolls are possible, because it would provide good cover to sleep through the sunlit hours. Ogres, likewise, but it would be unusual for them to take over an uninhabited place - they tend to follow their food first and foremost, and if they happen to conquer a manor house along the way, so much the better."

Pause.

"But yes, were I the kind to lay bets, I'd say it was some indiginous life displaced by the fighting, and in need of eviction. If it was just a group of nigh-mindless beasts needing eradication, I doubt our employer would bother having the place garisoned."

I may be talking too much...

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-08, 01:20 PM
Illiterate_Scribe
The Rose Army used a family of green dragons as aerial barrage, as well as a covey of hags to animate fallen enemy soldiers that the bone legion (their necromancer squadron) could not reach, the hags being more powerful physically. Heliotropix, the country Anthony fought for, used mercenary soldiers from the gnoll and lizardfolk tribes. Gregorium, a neutral country that sold many mercenary soldiers to both sides, was commishoned to produce an elite soldier using the Clone spell from its top warrior, and then manipulate its nature to create a "super soldier". They named him Xerxes, but he never saw action outside of assassination work. He has since gone AWOL. These are the only ones who could be in the area, others are either dead or live in different climates.

Sadison cuts turns off the path and beckons you to follow through the bush.

"This way. It's only a little farther. Get moving."

neoseph7
2009-10-09, 02:19 AM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

I hate to say this Balein, but I think you are right (and I dispise having to admit being wrong). I still hold that oozes may befoul our adventure, as even without inteligence they are still difficult to handle without moderate combat experience. I fear we shall simply have to be prepared for not being prepared.

Hey Sadison! How much of a paycut do we suffer if we just Fireball the place?:smallbiggrin:

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-09, 07:24 AM
Sadison looks back at Anthony, and sneers.

"How am I supposed to know? This is just a courtesy, we just hired you to accompany us this far, and I'm just showing you the way to the house. It's the noble who you'll have ot deal with if you burn his house down."

neoseph7
2009-10-09, 08:47 AM
Sadison looks back at Anthony, and sneers.

"How am I supposed to know? This is just a courtesy, we just hired you to accompany us this far, and I'm just showing you the way to the house. It's the noble who you'll have ot deal with if you burn his house down."

Any other pearls of wisdom? Do you know anything about this area or the nastys that have lived around here?

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-09, 02:05 PM
"Nothing in particular. Just that you'll want to stay inside at night. There was a lightning rail car that went off its rails a few miles from here five years ago. Was headed for a circus in the hillands. Five owlbears escaped from the car and now are living somewhere in this general area. Very dangerous things, owlbears. Angrier than my grandpappy after his box of whisky."

KAGOME05W
2009-10-09, 02:40 PM
Jenny tilts her head Did I just hear you say owlbears? and goes on relaying what she knows about them to the party.
19 Knowledge Arcana
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=1877

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-09, 04:18 PM
Oh merciful heavens, another possible lead. Another short-sighted experiment that some half-wit thought would be effective in war or murderous one day and then forgot the next, because the battle lines changed. There's a few possibilities from the war years, but I'd recommend that we all be good empiricists and watch the house to see whether it's oozes or supersoldiers, and indeed whether anything can be gained from the outside at all. Then we clear the place floor by floor.

William kicks the dirt, thumbing the Leveller's button absentmindedly. He picks up his pace, matching speed with the elf.

Ms Balein, you are a tracker, are you not? When we get there, would you be able to scout ahead, and see if there are any obvious signs of habitation? We would be right behind, of course.

whoiam
2009-10-09, 04:32 PM
"I may have some idea even sooner. Now go bother someone else - I am looking for tracks." The elf was as good as her word, leaning forwards in her saddle and scanning the ground ahead of them for signs of the manor's new occupants having passed along the track (or through the nearby forest).

Spot Check: 23 (taking 10) (to find any tracks in the vicinity)
Survival Check: 21 (taking 10) (to track the tracks, in order to work out whether or not they have anything to do with the manor house)
Knowledge (Nature) Check [roll0] (Not sure if she's allowed to take 10 on a Knowledge check, but she'd get 15 if she was) (To identify the tracks of any species native to the region)

Of course, if she doesn't find any, she'll just keep looking as she gets closer...

KAGOME05W
2009-10-09, 05:09 PM
"I may have some idea even sooner. Now go bother someone else - I am looking for tracks." The elf was as good as her word, leaning forwards in her saddle and scanning the ground ahead of them for signs of the manor's new occupants having passed along the track (or through the nearby forest).

Spot Check: 23 (taking 10) (to find any tracks in the vicinity)
Survival Check: 21 (taking 10) (to track the tracks, in order to work out whether or not they have anything to do with the manor house)
Knowledge (Nature) Check [roll0] (Not sure if she's allowed to take 10 on a Knowledge check, but she'd get 15 if she was) (To identify the tracks of any species native to the region)

Of course, if she doesn't find any, she'll just keep looking as she gets closer...

Jenny comes up to Balein "umm Balein... I don't mean to disturb you " a loud "gulp" sound came from Jenny's throat, Balein terrified her "maybe it would make things easier for you if you had eyes in the sky, I could do that"

whoiam
2009-10-09, 07:18 PM
"If you are talking about scrying or the like, perhaps 'eyes in one of the manor house windows' would be a better idea? Otherwise, go for it."

It's not as though her putting herself fifty feet in the air would make this any harder, is it?

KAGOME05W
2009-10-09, 07:50 PM
"If you are talking about scrying or the like, perhaps 'eyes in one of the manor house windows' would be a better idea? Otherwise, go for it."

It's not as though her putting herself fifty feet in the air would make this any harder, is it?
Jenny smilied I'll check up ahead and report back in a bit
A dark misty aura formed around Jenny that solidified into a shadowy streaming, winglike cape and took a running start lifting off into the sky.
Jenny fly's 60 feet ahead and at about 40 feet above the party and scouts the area looking below.

Spot Check 16
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=1879

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-09, 10:52 PM
Both Balien and Jenny find evidence of passage in this area. These creatures appear to be foul smelling and destructive, as trees are scratched and marked. The foot prints are humanoid, or at least ape-like, and some of the scrathes look straight and clean.

OOC: Yes Balien, you can take ten on this check. The tracks appear to be giants, most likely lesser giants such as ogres.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-09, 10:54 PM
Dominic walks closer to Balien, noticing she's spotted something or other.

"What's the news, elf? Trouble up ahead?"

Typewriter
2009-10-10, 01:14 AM
Trouble? Mayhaps I better ready me axe in case it's needed

Kringe fumbles with getting his weapon out for a few moments, finally getting it into his hand holding it as if it truly inconvenienced him, and moves his tower shield out in front of him.

Just so you know, if we need it, that's a bad sign...

KAGOME05W
2009-10-10, 11:40 AM
Seeing the foot-prints Jenny doubles back and relays her findings to both Balien and Sadison then she lifts off again.

whoiam
2009-10-10, 01:15 PM
"We appear to have something both bipedal and large in the area. Too big to be a human, too small to be a proper giant, but definitely something similar and between the two in scale. And whatever it is... seems to be intelligent enough to use weapons."

Pause.

"All in all, I think I would have preferred to be doing evictions."

Another pause, as Balein pulled her longbow off her shoulder and checked the string was fastened securely at both ends.

"I think Kringe and Dominic should probably lead from here on in."

Demons_eye
2009-10-10, 01:18 PM
"You sure its not just an owlbear dragging its claws?" LT says as he jumps from place to place board with walking.

whoiam
2009-10-10, 01:37 PM
This time when she speaks, Balein's voice is very low, and very hard. Even by her standards.
"I know the difference between a foot and a claw. These are not owlbear tracks. And I will thank you not to question my competence until I *actually* make a mistake."

Demons_eye
2009-10-10, 01:45 PM
"What ever you say, was just asking." LT says not bothered by the attempt to hurt him. He jumps to a tree branch and waits to balance before jumping to the next. "You can never be sure with weird things tho, my grandfather us to dress up a bear in human clothing just to screw with the Grounds master. You dont want to know what he did to the hounds." He finishes as he trys to swing off a branch flip and land on his feet.

neoseph7
2009-10-10, 02:46 PM
Anthony Lastlesoan
Human warmage

Excellent job miss Balein. And you as well miss Jenny. You are both proving your worth before the first punch is even thrown. I believe we should move and strike quickly from here on. A sudden attack will leave the foul beasts flatfooted an unprepared for our barrage. I would recomend a frontal assault with Jenny and Balein out of sight on sniper duty. Shield boy. You're on point!

Anthy's anticipation could be seen from half a mile away, and he radiates arcane energy in his excitement.

Typewriter
2009-10-10, 03:43 PM
Kringe moves up to the front, moving his shield to protect any others who are travelling up front with him, and for the first time seems to shut up as he concentrates on the path ahead.

Kringe puts his aura to senses, which grants a +1 to listen/spot/initiative. He also has the shieldmate feat. Kringe also has the shieldmate feat which causes him to grant a +2 shield bonus to AC to any adjacent ally.

whoiam
2009-10-10, 03:46 PM
Balein, still mounted, pulls up to a position just behind Kringe. She has the first arrow out of her quiver now, and is holding it, nocked but not pulled taut, out ahead of her. The warhorse is responding solely to the pressure from her legs, and trotting slowly behind the leading dwarf. She's ready...ish... for their arrival at the Manor house.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-10, 04:51 PM
With a slight furrowing of his brow, William recalls the Filcher, and, once it is stowed, draws the Leveller and his newly infused trinitite rod crosswise across his body. He looks faintly ridiculous as the old man adopts a nearly gunslinging appearance, twin stone sceptres covering the forest in front of him, almost using Kringe as a dwarven rampart.

KAGOME05W
2009-10-10, 07:02 PM
Silently like a shadow Jenny fly's down ,ducking beneath the tree tops weaving in and out of the trees beside the path.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-10, 10:24 PM
Dominic speaks the command word to call his armour to him. Flowing like quicksilver over his body, the dark metal first gathers over his body, and then rigidly forms into plates. The chains still remain outside the armour. He then quickly goes to the front of the column to stand beside Kringe, hoping to shield the more "squishy" members of the party.

"I always liked ogres. Nice enough to cook you first if they're going to eat you. Much better than owlbears."

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-10, 10:42 PM
Okay, so you all seem ready for combat.

Sadison leaves you shortly before the manor house, glad to be rid of you.

There are two gnolls on guard duty outside the house, playing knucklebones and chewing lazily on jerky. They have a bronze bell next to them.

Dominic and Kringe are 50ft away from them at the moment, and the rest of you are behind them.

Typewriter
2009-10-11, 01:32 AM
Kringe whispers to Dominic, and anyone else within earshot, "If we run forward, I can spit a line of acid at that their bell, possibly taking it out afore they draw any attention with it."

Then a look of concern crosses his face and he whispers again, Or..eh...we're not going to be tryin no diplomatics now are we?"

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-11, 09:26 AM
Okay, so can I get initiatives from everybody?

whoiam
2009-10-11, 09:30 AM
Initiative Roll: [roll0]

neoseph7
2009-10-11, 10:11 AM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

Initiative: [roll0]

if the gnolls are more than 20 ft from anything flamable that we don't want to catch on fire (such as the house) then fireball the two of them (also assumes both are still alive on my turn)

reflex dc 17 for half
damage: [roll1] fire type.

If only one gnoll remains or if they are close to the house Anthy will instead attack one gnoll (whichever has the most hp) with a lesser orb of electricity.

Ranged Touch Attack [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] electricity.

whoiam
2009-10-11, 10:42 AM
Balein delays her action until after whichever of Dominic or Kringe moves first (since she had heard Dominic's plan to take out the bell and did not wish to spoil their shot at achieving surprise).
Ride check: Control mount with knees (DC 5)[roll0]
Balein keeps the horse in place - she's using a composite longbow, so she has no need to get closer than 50'. Instead, she concentrates on riddling the gnolls full of arrows from her current vantage point.

Attacking using Rapid Shot (extra attack, -2 penalty on all attacks) and a Full Attack action, Balein gets three shots.

Shot 1: Attack Roll[roll1]
Damage Roll[roll2]

Shot 2: Attack Roll[roll3]
Damage Roll[roll4]

Shot 3: Attack Roll[roll5]
Damage Roll[roll6]

Edit: Balein should have gotten an additional +1 on each of her 'to hit' rolls for being on 'high ground' relative to the medium-sized Gnolls. Yay for horses!

Balein will be preferentially aiming for the Gnoll on her right, but will happily switch to the one on the left if it dies before she runs out of attacks.

whoiam
2009-10-11, 10:46 AM
Critical Confirmation and damage rolls (Arrow 3)

Critical Threat Confirmation Roll: [roll0]
Critical Damage Roll 1: [roll1]
Critical Damage Roll 2: [roll2]

That must have been the luckiest arrow...

Demons_eye
2009-10-11, 11:09 AM
[roll0] Init
[roll1] If I dont like above one

Waiting to see where I am at before posting action.

Typewriter
2009-10-11, 11:34 AM
[roll0]

Kringe will move forward 20 and breath a line of acid at the bell. If the gnolls already rang the bell he'll breath at one of them.

[roll1] Acid Damage/ Reflex DC 18 for half.
[roll2] rounds until I can breathe acid again

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-11, 01:31 PM
Dominic looks sideways to Kringe.

"I've always found the best diplomacy with gnolls is hitting hard and hitting fast, so yes, we will be doing diplomatics. I have to say it's a shame that they must die, but we can't have them calling the ogres down on us."

Init: 1d20+0= 3 When it comes time to act, Dominic will charge the gnolls and attack the closest still alive one.

unarmed attack 1d20+8+2(charge)= 12, dmg 1d10+3= 10

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-11, 03:37 PM
[roll0] for initiative. Going to fire the blast rod at 2d8 power at the gnoll that tries to ring the bell, if I come above it in the init count, which is unlikely I admit. Otherwise, I'll go for the most wounded gnoll remaining. If I remember my MoE correctly, it's a quiet boom. :smalltongue:

Gnolls. Could they be it, or could they ...

William raises the blast rod, and, drawing a careful bead on the hyenamen, edged his mind into the crystalline structure of his weapon, ready to fire it at a moment's notice.

KAGOME05W
2009-10-11, 07:58 PM
My Init 1d20 + (1) = 19
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=1882

THen she will target one gnoll (THE CLOSEST one still alive) with an Eldritch blast

3d6 + () = 18
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=1884

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-11, 09:24 PM
So it appears that LT is the first to go, followed by one of the gnolls, then Jenny, then Kringe, then Anthony, then the other gnoll, then William, follwed by Dominic.

whoiam
2009-10-12, 03:46 AM
Initiative Roll: [roll0]

Balein got a 16, but will be delaying her first round action to go after Kringe.

Demons_eye
2009-10-12, 05:50 AM
Sense every one is trigger happy LT will delay his round till all the spell slinging is done.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-12, 09:11 PM
The gnolls continue to play knuckle bones, looking distracted.

KAGOME05W
2009-10-13, 04:52 PM
Jenny focuses a dark ball of energy into the palm of her hand and unleashes it at an unsuspecting Gnoll.

Ranged touch atk roll: 1d20(1) = 17
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=1891

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-13, 09:23 PM
Jenny focuses a dark ball of energy into the palm of her hand and unleashes it at an unsuspecting Gnoll.

Ranged touch atk roll: 1d20(1) = 17
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=1891

Please remember to roll damage as well. I did it this time, 10 points. It just keeps things moving at a good pace.

Getting on with the initiative.

The gnolls fall under the assault of Jenny, Anthony and Balien. Kringe's acid breath fails to do enough damage to bypass the bell's hardness. Everyone gets 150xp. The gnolls had a sack lying on the ground behind the wall, and on inspection it appears to have a small amount of treausre in it. Contents include:
coin: 0pp 800gp 0sp 0cp (800gp value)
gem: chrysoberyl (90gp)
gem: rock crystal (clear quartz) (60gp)
gem: jet (100gp)
gem: carnelian (20gp)
arcane scroll containing:
1. detect thoughts (lvl 2, cast 3) (150gp) (150gp value)
arcane scroll containing:
1. false life (lvl 2, cast 3) (150gp)
2. ray of enfeeblement (lvl 1, cast 1) (25gp) (175gp value)
aid (potion) (300gp)
medium +1 mace, heavy (2,312gp)
wand of web (charges 34) (3,060gp)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Total value: 7,067gp
Resale value: 4,068gp 5sp

Everyone's share is roughly 581gp. so if anytihng strikes you now, take it and subtract it from your share.

whoiam
2009-10-14, 09:58 AM
How many of my arrows were needed/hit their target? Just curious if I can recover any

Instead of going directly for the looting, Balein takes this as an opportunity to do three things. Number one, mutter to herself. Number two, lead her horse to the side of the path, and leave it with its reins tied to a tree. Number three, draw a second and third quiver of arrows from her pack, sling them onto her shoulders, and then tie the backpack onto the horse's saddle. No point in carrying her camping things into battle, was there? But the extra ammunition could prove useful.

neoseph7
2009-10-14, 11:59 AM
Anthony will just take 581 GP in coins and gems, as the other items do not interest him.

Demons_eye
2009-10-14, 12:08 PM
LT does the same and takes rock crystal also unless Anthony wants it. He is willing to take a 92 gold hit till they sell what ever is left.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-14, 03:33 PM
How many of my arrows were needed/hit their target? Just curious if I can recover any

Instead of going directly for the looting, Balein takes this as an opportunity to do three things. Number one, mutter to herself. Number two, lead her horse to the side of the path, and leave it with its reins tied to a tree. Number three, draw a second and third quiver of arrows from her pack, sling them onto her shoulders, and then tie the backpack onto the horse's saddle. No point in carrying her camping things into battle, was there? But the extra ammunition could prove useful.

You needed all three of the attacks, but one arrow missed, so it is recoverable.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-14, 03:37 PM
Dominic will take his share of 581gp when the party has sold the goods.

whoiam
2009-10-14, 03:47 PM
Her preparations complete, Balein turns back to the results of their little action... to find the others busy looting.

"What..." Pause. Non-elves. No patience at all. "If it isn't immediately useful, shove it back in the sack and tie it to the horse. We can muck around with the spoils when we're not still in danger of sudden violent death." Still, at least their actions had bought her time to retrieve the one arrow that hadn't been irreperably deformed by it's journey through a Gnoll...

KAGOME05W
2009-10-15, 09:23 AM
Dominic will take his share of 581gp when the party has sold the goods.

Jenny will also leave the treasure and taked her share of gold

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-15, 12:12 PM
William assays the scrolls with a professional, slightly skeptical eye, before casting them aside with a lack of interest. They'll keep this, then sell it.

Let's. I'm more worried about what was being guarded by these suspiciously well-armed 'bandits' myself. Kringe, Balein?

William beckons the two over, and spends some time

measuring their weapons (shush you that's not what I meant at all)
weighing them in his hand
making disappointed tutting noises
drawing on them in a specially formulated waxy crayon

I have no idea if it will even do any good,

he says, getting up, and stowing the crayon.

But, well, gnolls usually travel in packs - I wouldn't be surprised if these were wartime ones, actually - and this should help a little with them. Also, go guard that horse - warn me if anything goes wrong, something ambushes it, then run and hide.

This last remark is actually directed at the homunculus - never tired of leaping back and forth, it uncurls and lurks out of sight near the horse, unsettling the beast a little.

Casting 'lesser weapon augmentation' on Balein's bow or greataxe (her choice), and Kringe's waraxe, to give them gnollbane for fifty minutes.

neoseph7
2009-10-15, 12:27 PM
Anthony will start heading off for the house. He looks to the party and says
If we are all ready, let us go kill something evil before they are aware of our presense and mount a sufficient counter defense.

Typewriter
2009-10-15, 12:42 PM
"Actually, I was thinking that rather than walk into whatever they got goin on inside, we could try to draw them out, mayhaps?" , Kringe says while pointing at the recently polished with acid bell.

whoiam
2009-10-15, 12:48 PM
"Not necessarily a good idea. They may be spread out, and an alarm would concentrate them. There may be more in positions outside: And the last thing we want is to set up an ambush in mainly-open ground and then find ourselves flanked. We're better off either scouting for other guard groups and wiping out as many as we can before we approach the main building, or forcing an entry quickly before they can assemble against us and taking down as many as we can reach in the resulting confusion."

Faced with the choice of the weapon to have enhanced, Balein would chose her composite longbow. Just because she could use the axe didn't mean she wanted to.

"I am happy to lead some of you in skirting the perimeter if the rest of you think this is a good idea. See how many more outliers we can kill."

neoseph7
2009-10-15, 01:00 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Wamage

Hmmm. Blitz an unprepared fortress, or open skirmish with prepared gnolls. Normally I would say to blitz the unprepared, but we can't just scorch the mansion in fireballs. I suppose it comes down to Gnoll tactics, and their propensity for base defense traps. Balein? I know I normally bug you to bring you into the fold, but this time any expertise and experience you have with tactics would be most useful. That also goes for all of you. If these guys bobby trapped ty mansion, we should draw them out, I'm thinking by ringing the bell and using illusions for the original guards. If, however, they are adept at organized combat and use anti-spellcasting, we wouldn't want to fight the whole contingent at once.

Are we even sure that the entire enemy force is Gnoll?

Good call Balein. I'll scout with you if you can tolerate my being there.

whoiam
2009-10-15, 01:25 PM
"Today my mind is just brimming over with good ideas. William, could your little... thingy... ring one of these bells? Because I just suddenly thought... what if we were to leave your thing here with the guard's bell, and I lead you through the woods to somewhere hidden closer to the house. Then your little thingy rings the bell... and whatever force they would normally send to combat intruders comes out... to the bell. Where we are not. It gives us a relatively undefended mansion to storm - and when they realise we are no longer out on the forest paths, we will be the ones in defensive positions."

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-15, 02:17 PM
Oh, it could ring the bell for certain. I'm just worried that we might not draw them all out - if you're tactically minded enough to have a bell and guards, you're probably not going to commit everything at once. I'd worry that we risk getting trapped between their reserve contingent and their returning guards, on unfamiliar territory.

The homunculus could certainly scout out closer to the house, however.

I apologise for adding yet another item to your 'to do' list, but you are a ranger, are you not, Balein? Would it be possible for you to circle round the mansion, and see if you can see how worn some of the paths are? A large contingent in a house like this would most likely need to scour the countryside. We have their tracks, but we might also be able to work out how many, as well as whether they are only gnolls, or not, as well as whatever made those ogre-like prints earlier. Unless they have flying or summoned support.

whoiam
2009-10-15, 02:25 PM
"They paid my fee up until the relief soldiers come, so you can put as much on my to-do list as you like until then."

Pause for thought.

"The trick isn't to empty the house entirely - but just to reduce the guards. To keep them from returning too quickly, we can lay down 'retreat' tracks before moving to our hiding place - if we do it well enough they'll chase down along the road instead of milling around the guard point, meaning they'll need longer to return once they realise we've tricked them. Especially if I can get you a long way around the house undetected - that way, they'll have the forces in the house concentrating on the direction of the alarm, in case their scouting party is defeated as well. And we'll be facing even less of their organised forces. It's all theoretical, of course. The cleverer we try to be, the more likely something will go wrong. But it's still a better bet than simply charging in."

neoseph7
2009-10-15, 03:30 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan

I like this plan. I say we do it, and get started quickly.

Demons_eye
2009-10-15, 05:59 PM
LT smiles and it is clear he also likes the plan. "Lets do it then"

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-16, 08:39 AM
Dominic dismisses his armour with a command word, and ties back his hair with a strip of yellow cloth.

"I got to say, I don't understand everything that going on here, being just an infantry soldier and all, but I think we can probably come out on top here. I would like to say that if we run in to any ogres, and we can retreat from them, leave at least one of them to me. I'm strong enough to deal with taking the brunt of their attacks. You guys would do better to think up one of your excellent plans in that situation."

whoiam
2009-10-16, 09:02 AM
"Alright. You lot take my horse and walk back up this pathway. I'm going to go look for a decent hiding place for us - and traces of guards or patrol routes - then meet you on the path. Do not go too far, I do not have all day to track you down again once I've done my reconaisance. I will lead you to our hiding place when I get back, and once we're in position, William's thing can ring the bell. Anything else you can think of I need to watch out for while I scout?"

Oh, I'm going to have so very many rolls to make on Balein's next post...

Typewriter
2009-10-16, 09:05 AM
Kringe sets his tower shield down and stacks the gnolls on it before dragging them off down the path where he can dump them out of sight.

neoseph7
2009-10-16, 11:28 AM
Unless Balein's Recon requires stealth, Anthony expresses interest in following her to provide cover fire (and ice, electricity, acid...) should the need arise. At the least, he doesn't want her, or anybody for that matter, to be alone while in a combat zone (Buddy system was standard quo in his Division).

KAGOME05W
2009-10-16, 11:36 AM
Jenny walks over to Dominic and whispers softly Could you hand me my purse sweaty? then rummaging through it she produces a short wand and pipes up "Will this help? I can use it to summon various creatures" She turned to William That way we could use this cute little critter for something else like maybe going head of us into the building Jenny said then swallowed her words and muttered under her breath Stupid plan Jenny stupid....

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-17, 12:38 AM
Jenny walks over to Dominic and whispers softly Could you hand me my purse sweaty? then rummaging through it she produces a short wand and pipes up "Will this help? I can use it to summon various creatures" She turned to William That way we could use this cute little critter for something else like maybe going head of us into the building Jenny said then swallowed her words and muttered under her breath Stupid plan Jenny stupid....

"That's good thinking Jen. I think that could work somehow into the plan. A summoned creature can be of some use, right guys?"

neoseph7
2009-10-17, 11:46 AM
Anthony Lastlescoan

I believe it could be useful, certainly. However, the monsters summoned will only last six seconds. If the plan doesn't need more time than that, then absolutely.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-19, 08:36 PM
I'm just waiting for Balien's rolls for the various things to be done.

whoiam
2009-10-20, 08:58 AM
Survival [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Move Silently [roll2]
Hide [roll3]

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-22, 09:22 PM
OOC: I'm very sorry, computer trouble. Won't happen again anytime soon.

Balien finds tracks, about two days old, and older tracks on the paths near the mansion. It seems that the group inside was patroling until recently. Why they stopped patrolling is anyone's guess.

Balien is not seen while doing this, but does note two ogres who come out of the house to stretch their legs, then go back in again.

whoiam
2009-10-22, 09:48 PM
By the time Balein rejoins the others, her mood is, if possible, even worse than it was before. "I think they know we are coming" she said. "No obvious signs of attack or retreat, yet the other approaches to the house haven't been patrolled in days. Someone warned them where the next threat was coming from."

After a moment or two's reflection on her venting, Balein's voice softens a little, and becomes more contemplative. "On the plus side, this is not altogether working against our purposes. If they know in advance we'll be approaching from this way, they're more likely to believe our ruse with the bell. Get your things ready. We need to lay down a couple of hundred meters of false tracks, then I'll lead you back through the trees."

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-22, 09:51 PM
Dominic calls his armour again.

"What sort of things did you see Balien? Were we right in assuming there are ogres?"

neoseph7
2009-10-22, 09:56 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

Don't be daft man. Obviously the look on her face tells us that there were drow inside. Anthy says with a giant grin on his face.

Let's do it, quick and painful. If you can lead them 500ft away from the house, I can pelt them with fireballs on their way back, after we secure the mansion. Hooyah!

Needless to say, Anthony is enthusiastic about the coming battle.

whoiam
2009-10-22, 10:08 PM
There's a moment's pause from Balein checking over her horse (mainly checking whether the rest of them tied the un-taken loot to the saddle, and if so, if they'd done it right. It was interrupted, not by Dominic's question (which she regarded as something she could answer anytime between then and the outbreak of fighting) but by Anthony's joke about drow.

"Would you care to see how quickly I can pin your mansacks to a tree with an arrow?" she asked, rather peevishly. But then, Balein being peevish shouldn't come as any surprise. Since she'd already stopped, she addressed Dominic's question as well. "I saw two ogres. There's probably more, though how many are ogres and how many are gnolls I do not know. If you want to know more, we either have to get in there or find someone who knows how to scry."

Insult and information dispensed, Balein went on to check her horse over. Nearly time...

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-22, 10:11 PM
"You know, the monks taught me that all life is sacred, even the smallest spider caught in its own web. But at the end of the day, I like the crunch of bone beneath my knuckles in all the right ways. I suppose I should atone for that some time.Too much wrath and all that . . ."

neoseph7
2009-10-22, 11:56 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan

Anthy addresses Balein
Whoa black betty. Don't take it personal. No need to get speciest on me. If a race walks, talks, and thinks, it's probably gone to war. And if it's gone to war, i've had to fight it, or at the least study how to fight it. I'm an equal opportunity slayer. You know that sweet heart. If the mansion were full of human looters and thieves, would it bother you? I assure you I meant no disrespect to you, your culture, your race, et cetera. C'mon. Let's go kill something together. You try, but you can't hide the satisfaction derived from your arrows piercing their target and dropping them on the ground. I won't even take it personally if you imagine the strike hitting my head. Right doll?

Anthy then makes a comment about Balein and his... "mansacks"... in a manner that shouldn't be shared in mixed company but is full of sexual references galore.
And certainly not in the GitP forums.:smallbiggrin:

Typewriter
2009-10-23, 08:23 AM
After dumping the bodies out of view Kringe takes his axe and hacks off a couple of gnoll legs before returning to the party and says, We kin use these to make tracks, make it look like they chased us out

And at that point Kringe begins using the severed legs to make the appearance of tracks leading into the forest, after whatever tracks the others make.

As he works he looks over his shoulder at his teammates and says, So, ehh....we luring them out into the forest for the fight, or luring them away so we can sneak into the house?

neoseph7
2009-10-23, 11:31 AM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

Um... Kringe? While this is a good plan, in general we don't dismember enemy bodies, mostly out of respect. You never know when treaties or pacts are made, and it's generally bad foreign policy to do stuff like this to your enemy. When you're done with the legs, please leave them by the bodies, and I'll run a cremation service later.

Typewriter
2009-10-23, 12:29 PM
Kringe looks at you like you're crazy when you start talking about gnolls as if they're people and not animals, but aside from the crazy look he doesn't say anything and goes back to working.

Demons_eye
2009-10-23, 02:27 PM
"Hes got a point" LT says "How would you like to see your friends head on a pike?" He also gets back to work but keeps his ears open for a reply

Typewriter
2009-10-23, 02:31 PM
While continuing on with what he had been doing Kringe keeps up the conversation, I spose that if I found one of your heads atop a pike, I would do the same thing I would do for any o' my kin, and take hte head(and the rest if I could find it) and use me buryin spade to put you at rest. And of course I would be angry and try to get revenge on the ones what did wrong by you, just like someone would have the right to seek revenge on me if I did such a thing....course we're not talking about civilized creatures here, we're talking about dogs that walk on their hind legs, so I still think it's a moot point...

neoseph7
2009-10-23, 02:45 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan

Kringe. I believe you have a point. And I will not argue this point, as it would bre a loosing battle, but if I may ask a question: Have you ever seen any human whop was just dumber than a door nob? I'm talking shoveling with the handle dumb. Eating soup off the floor, with a fork, dumb. Addicted to Twilight dumb?

Before someone gets mad at me, I actually read the whole series, more than once. It was just a joke:smallbiggrin:

whoiam
2009-10-23, 03:36 PM
"Fascinating as your attempt to convince this dwarf to act in a stupid manner is, this is far enough.Dump the legs, we need to double back through the forest. Follow."

It was only shortly after Balein had turned the party around (and off the track) that she actually added her opinion. Namely "I think it would be pointless to burn or bury them. There is decent meat on those carcasses, and ever so many things in the forest that could do with a better diet. Leave them to nature. Doing otherwise would only enrich the worms at the expense of the more interesting life forms."

neoseph7
2009-10-23, 03:56 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan

My friend. We do not burn the dead out of practice and ceremony alone. The risk of disease alone is worth the burial. And the ashes are well recieved by the plants. Fire is not as unnatural as some would like to think. Unless you meant to eat this meat? I hope not, as I have heard sick tales of trully vile diseases from eating the flesh of the fallen adversary. But then, perhaps they are just stories. I have never been so famished as to find reason to test this myth.

whoiam
2009-10-23, 04:15 PM
"Significantly less well received than the normal decay products would be, and you seem to have forgotten both that we are not in a populated area, and the existance of a whole world of carnivores and scavengers that rely on such meat for their sustenance. What good would ash be to them?"

neoseph7
2009-10-23, 04:35 PM
Aren't we clearing out a mansion? Was this mansion really that far from civilization?

whoiam
2009-10-23, 05:14 PM
It's in a forested estate. To Balein's way of thinking, if there are woods, there's space enough for carrion

neoseph7
2009-10-23, 05:22 PM
Yeah I can see that. According to Balein, would a shallow burial sufficiently feed the local fauna?

KAGOME05W
2009-10-23, 06:47 PM
While they were fighting Jenny had asked Dominic to help her dig a grave (as smoke would alert opponents as well as dead bodies) and was dragging the bodies into them.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-25, 10:02 AM
"So, smart guys, what exactly do we plan to do after leading them off into the woods? We're storming the mansion, or are we looping around for an ambush?"

whoiam
2009-10-25, 11:16 AM
That was a question Balein did not answer until they'd finished their woody detour, and taken up positions a little way back into the trees, facing the manor. "We are about to find out" she told Dominic. "When our ally's toy rings the bell, we count the numbers coming out and study the mansion. Then we attack whichever of the two we think is weaker."

neoseph7
2009-10-25, 11:31 AM
Anthony Lastlescoan

If it's less than ten I think we can take them on the field without the mansion as a defensive position. Though we still want them as far away as possible so as to maximize the amount of fire we can drop on them before they can fire back. We should also pay attention to their speed.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-26, 10:07 PM
When the bell is rung, two ogres come running out into the woods, when they notice the gnolls aren't there, they begin to search the woods.

neoseph7
2009-10-26, 10:10 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan

Hey guys... There are only two of them. Maybe we should kill them first and then try again? If they keep sending them out in pairs, we can just keep ambushing them.

Typewriter
2009-10-27, 10:49 AM
Just say when....

whoiam
2009-10-27, 12:01 PM
"I'll go first, then."

Balein would take the first shot as soon as she had a clear sight of the ogres - ideally between 110 and 220 feet away, but closer if necessary.

Total Attack action, using Rapid Shot, same as last time. If Balein is anything, it's consistant in the desire to pepper people she doesn't like full of arrows.

Attack Roll 1:[roll0]+7(if Balein gets her preferred range, +9 otherwise)
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Critical Confirmation Roll 1: [roll2]
Critical Damage Rolls: [roll3]
[roll4]

Attack Roll 2:[roll5]+7/+9
Damage Roll: [roll6]
Critical Confirmation Roll 1: [roll7]
Critical Damage Rolls: [roll8]
[roll9]

Attack Roll 3:[roll10]+2/+4
Damage Roll: [roll11]
Critical Confirmation Roll 1: [roll12]
Critical Damage Rolls: [roll13]
[roll14]

Edit: Damn, I keep forgetting not to use the 'preview' function.

whoiam
2009-10-27, 12:02 PM
Attack Roll 1:[roll0]+7(if Balein gets her preferred range, +9 otherwise)
Critical Confirmation Roll 1: [roll2]
Critical Damage Rolls: [roll3][roll4]

Attack Roll 2:[roll5]+7/+9
Damage Roll: [roll6]
Critical Confirmation Roll 1: [roll7]
Critical Damage Rolls: [roll8][roll9]

Attack Roll 3:[roll10]+2/+4
Critical Confirmation Roll 1: [roll12]
Critical Damage Rolls: [roll13][roll14]

neoseph7
2009-10-27, 01:11 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

Anthy will fire at the two ogres with... Fire.

Anthony will use fireball at the two ogres if they are within 40 ft of each other and doing so would not incinerate something important. The max range is 640 ft. Reflex DC 17 for half.

Damage: [roll0]

KAGOME05W
2009-10-27, 02:49 PM
Jenny scowled at Anthony You know we couldv'e just bypassed them ,or dig a trap pit or something now we're gonna have to fight them

Init roll 7
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2017
(eldritch Blast) Attack roll 16
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2015
Damage Roll 17
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2016

whoiam
2009-10-27, 02:52 PM
Completely forgot to roll initiative!
Init: [roll0]

neoseph7
2009-10-27, 02:57 PM
This is the surprise round though. And Balein started it!:smalleek:I thought it was cool if we killed things if only a few came out.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-28, 10:32 PM
OOC: Init roll: 14, Attack roll (Decisive strike): (d20+8-2) 22, Damage roll: (d10+3(2))10

neoseph7
2009-10-30, 09:02 PM
Are we waiting on something? Initiative: [roll0]

Demons_eye
2009-10-30, 09:17 PM
I am waiting for a map before gettung blasted by allies

[roll0]
[roll1] if the first is lower.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-30, 10:09 PM
Initative list:

Sir_Chivalry 14
whoiam 13
ogre 13
Demons_eye 10
KAGOME05W 7
ogre 13
typewriter 7
neoseph7 5

neoseph7
2009-10-30, 11:26 PM
I recomend not waiting in general for these things. Or waiting for a player to go in their turn. PBP goes too slowly for that and you wind up losing interest.

Lancaster_Road
2009-10-31, 09:50 AM
Anthony's fire ball hits both of the ogres. It burns.
Balien's arrows all miss, but the ogres remain unaware of where she is.
First round:
Dominic's punch hits the nearest ogre in the jaw, with a loud cracking noise.
Two of Balien's three arrows hit their mark, digging into ogre flesh
The nearest ogre works himself into a rage and swings his greatclub at Dominic. Both swings miss, as Dominic ducks beneath them.
LT is one place one moment, then appears in front of the ogres, and smashes his shield in the more severly injured ogres' face.
Jenny's blast digs it's eldritch tendrils into the nearest ogre, and shears away flesh.
The other ogre also works itself into a rage, and swings at the only melee character so far, Dominic. The first swing scraps along the armour, but doesn't hit home, and the next is dodged again by Dominic.
Kringe springs forth and breathes a line of acid through both ogres, avoiding his companions (but damaging several trees:smalleek:) The acid sizzles against ogre flesh.
A flash of light and energy lurches forward from Anthony's hand and smacks the ogre in the face.

Demons_eye
2009-10-31, 09:55 AM
LT wages into melee charging then jumping the last few feet.

[roll0]Attack
[roll1]Damage
[roll2]Damage

Sir_Chivalry
2009-10-31, 10:09 AM
OOC: I'll roll my next action now.

Smite Evil Decisive Strike Attack roll: d20+8-2+1= 22 Damage: (1d10+3(2))+paladin level= 31

. . . I believe this was my crowing moment of awesome

The chains wrapping Dominic's fists begin to crackle with energy, and with another swing he punches the same ogre in the stomach, hoping to bring it low.

"What was that saying among the kids these days? The bigger they are, the harder they fall? I like that."

OOC: Also, can I take the strong style feat from this page?http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7226101#post7226101

Typewriter
2009-11-01, 10:35 AM
Kringe finally snaps too and rushes headlong into the combat, as close as he get to one of the ogres and unleashes a line of acid into the ogres face!

Initiative [roll0]
Acid(if there would have been a way to hit both with the line, or both with the cone without hitting his fellow melee combatants I would have done that)
[roll1] reflex DC 18 for half
[roll2] rounds before I can use it again.

neoseph7
2009-11-01, 10:49 AM
Anthoney Lastlescoan

Anthy will fire a magic missle at the most wounded looking Ogre.

Damage: [roll0]

Yeah I could scorching ray, or even lesser orb, but I didn't take precise shot. Firing into melee... bleck

whoiam
2009-11-01, 07:32 PM
First regular turn: All arrows.

Second Regular turn: All arrows again. For all the skill Balein may occasionally show with strategy, when it comes to tactics, she just likes turning things into pincushions.

Round 1, Arrow 1:
Attack Roll: [roll0]

Round 1, Arrow 2:
Attack Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]

Round 1, Arrow 3:
Attack Roll: [roll4]
Damage Roll: [roll5]

Round 2, Arrow 1:
Attack Roll: [roll6]
Damage Roll: [roll7]

Round 2, Arrow 2:
Attack Roll: [roll8]
Damage Roll: [roll9]

Round 2, Arrow 3:
Attack Roll: [roll10]

Edit: I made a mistake doing this lot. Arrow 3 (and only arrow 3) in each round should have been +4 instead of +9. Arrows 1 and 2 in each round are done perfectly, though.

On each round, she'll be picking targets by: Closest first, then leftmost first.

KAGOME05W
2009-11-02, 12:11 PM
Attack roll
1d20 + (5) = 10
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2051
Damage (Eldritch)
3d6 + () = 8
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2052

Lancaster_Road
2009-11-02, 11:49 PM
Second round:
The ogre that Dominic is fighting falls to the gorund, it's face crushed beneath his fist.
Balien adjusts her target, and once again, two of her three arrows hit their mark, digging into ogre flesh
LT jumps behind the ogre standing ogre and slams both of his shields into its neck, but both fail to pierce his skin.
Jenny's second blast digs it's eldritch tendrils into the remaining ogre, and tears away at his flesh.
The ogre swings at LT, and then Dominic, hitting both and dealing 28 damage to Dominic and 27 to LT.
Kringe swings his axe, but fails to dig into the ogre mighty hide.
Anthony plunges his spear into the neck of the fallen ogre, severing his spine.

neoseph7
2009-11-02, 11:56 PM
Anthony will move up to the fallen ogre and make sure it's dead with his spear, while the rest of the party beats the snot out of the last ogre.

What? I run out of spells eventually. And we still have a whole house to run through.

Typewriter
2009-11-03, 08:17 AM
I didn't post before the first round ended, so I was just assuming that his attack would go off in the second. If, however, he did get his breath weapon off already, this round he'll charge up and swing his axe.
[roll]1d20+5(/roll]
[roll0]
AC is -2 from charging

Typewriter
2009-11-03, 08:18 AM
Oops, stupid parenthesis.....
[roll0]

Lancaster_Road
2009-11-04, 07:40 PM
modified actions for new posts.

neoseph7
2009-11-04, 08:11 PM
Anthony Lastlescoan

It has not escaped my keen senses that you, ugly, are still standing. Mayhaps I can assist my comrades in remedying this situation. Help me help you. Or just stand still. Either way works for me.

Next round, if the ogre is still around, Anthony will move to behind him into a flanking position for whoever can use it and use the Aid Another action to grant the next melee attacker a bonus to attack.

The next melee attacker gets +2 to his attack (+4 if flanking)
Attack vs. AC 10: [roll0]

Lancaster_Road
2009-11-07, 12:00 AM
I'll wait maybe one more day for LT's action, and then move on to the next round.

Demons_eye
2009-11-07, 04:50 AM
You just said LT action so assumed you missed this.

LT wages into melee charging then jumping the last few feet.

[roll0]Attack
[roll1]Damage
[roll2]Damage

If not It would have been nice to know if I missed or not and LT goes another round after jumping behind his foe.

[roll0] Attack main Hand
[roll1] Damage 1
[roll2] Damage 2

[roll3] Attack off Hand
[roll4] Damage 3
[roll5] Damage 4

Lancaster_Road
2009-11-07, 04:24 PM
You just said LT action so assumed you missed this.

If not It would have been nice to know if I missed or not and LT goes another round after jumping behind his foe.

Anthony's fire ball hits both of the ogres. It burns.
Balien's arrows all miss, but the ogres remain unaware of where she is.
First round:
Dominic's punch hits the nearest ogre in the jaw, with a loud cracking noise.
Two of Balien's three arrows hit their mark, digging into ogre flesh
The nearest ogre works himself into a rage and swings his greatclub at Dominic. Both swings miss, as Dominic ducks beneath them.
LT is one place one moment, then appears in front of the ogres, and smashes his shield in the more severly injured ogres' face.
Jenny's blast digs it's eldritch tendrils into the nearest ogre, and shears away flesh.
The other ogre also works itself into a rage, and swings at the only melee character so far, Dominic. The first swing scraps along the armour, but doesn't hit home, and the next is dodged again by Dominic.
Kringe springs forth and breathes a line of acid through both ogres, avoiding his companions (but damaging several trees:smalleek:) The acid sizzles against ogre flesh.
A flash of light and energy lurches forward from Anthony's hand and smacks the ogre in the face.

You hit, did damage.

Lancaster_Road
2009-11-09, 11:21 PM
Third round:
Dominic's fist bounces harmlessly off the ogre's skin.
Two of the archer Balien's arrows fail to pierce the ogre's hide, but one sails into its stomach, doing much damage.
Both of LT's shields bounce off of the ogre's hide
Jenny's eldritch blast rips flesh from bone.
The ogre attempts to grapple Kringe, (touch 11), and, grabbing hold, begins to grapple him, (grapple check 27)
Kringe Action
Anthony uses his spear to trap the ogre's arm slightly, making Dominic's attack for the next round more accurate

neoseph7
2009-11-10, 01:26 AM
Anthony Lastlescoan
Human Warmage

Release my friend you giant loaf of winter pudding! Mayhaps a taste of pure force will satiate your appetite.

Anthony will launch a round of magic missles at the Ogre. Since the ogre is grappling, Anthony shouldn't provoke an AOO (but if he does, he will take a five foot step beack to no longer be flanking).

Magic Missles: [roll0] Force Damage

Edit: Damage is actually 4 higher. Forgot my Warmage Edge and Extra Edge, for a total of 15 force damage.

whoiam
2009-11-10, 05:25 AM
Balein

(8)Doo, de doo doo, do be doo be doo doo...(8)
Another three arrows. Balein's enjoying herself - it's just like target practice.

Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Damage Roll 1: [roll1]

Attack Roll 2: [roll2]
Damage Roll 2: [roll3]

Attack Roll 3: [roll4]
Damage Roll 3: [roll5]

whoiam
2009-11-10, 05:34 AM
Critical confirmation for arrow 2:
[roll0]
And damage rolls:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lancaster_Road
2009-11-11, 08:40 AM
updated actions.

KAGOME05W
2009-11-11, 10:23 AM
Attack Roll 1d20 + (4) = 23
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2123
Damage Roll 3d6 + () = 12
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2122

Demons_eye
2009-11-11, 03:15 PM
LT again jumps to another loction behind the ogre and trashes at it with his shields.

[roll0] Attack main hand
[roll1] Damage 1
[roll2] Sudden Damage1

[roll3] Attack off hand
[roll4] Damage 2
[roll5] Sudden Damage 2

Sir_Chivalry
2009-11-17, 10:37 PM
Dominic attacks with his fists again.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Damage roll: [roll1]

Typewriter
2009-11-21, 09:41 PM
Kringe struggles to break free of the grapple, while shouting, Now I've got you where I want you!

[roll0]

KAGOME05W
2009-11-27, 07:36 PM
Jenny Attacks with another eldritch blast
Atk
1d20() = 19
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2584
Dam
3d6() = 17
http://www.dmtools.org/dice.php?act=retrieve&id=2585