PDA

View Full Version : Talking Items?

TelemontTanthul
2009-10-06, 10:42 AM
If you could pick any object (I mean any) and have it imbued with magical powers, such as the ability to talk, think, and learn

What would you pick? Why?
What would it's personality be like?
Would you keep it in your room, or allow it to roam free? (if applicable)

I look forward to what you come up with. :smallbiggrin:

Pika...
2009-10-06, 10:47 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/16003-21221.gif

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-06, 11:00 AM
I'd consult with my sciency friends and find an item that we can analyze efficiently. Because if we have magic, we need to quantify it and release to the general public. Don't give half of a rat's behind what its personality is, and it's sure not going out of its analysis cage.

woodenbandman
2009-10-06, 01:48 PM
Talking beer stein... to tell me honestly when I've had too many.

The Mute Bard
2009-10-06, 03:18 PM
I would have the front door imbued with magic. That way it could tell me who was on the other side, and tell solicitors to leave for me.:smallbiggrin:

Tyndmyr
2009-10-06, 03:34 PM
A cat. Because Id love to hear what they actually think about.

Dust
2009-10-06, 06:12 PM
http://justiceace.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/knight_rider_2008.jpg

Zaydos
2009-10-06, 07:52 PM
I'd go computer, as long as it was loyal. Hopefully Chaotic Good, although that would get troublesome at times it would probably be fun.

AshDesert
2009-10-06, 08:42 PM
Give my car keys the ability to talk. You'd never have to worry about losing you're keys again, because they could just yell "Hey idiot! I'm over here."

arguskos
2009-10-06, 08:57 PM
I'd probably make one of my multitools sentient, simply because having a tool that is every tool for the job remind me of what I need at the time is pretty awesome. :smallwink:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-10-06, 10:25 PM
+1 for computer.

Do you know how much memory that would add? Not to mention the fact that it could tell you any fact in less than a second if you have a fast internet connection.

Plus, heck, that would just be freakin awesome.

herrhauptmann
2009-10-06, 11:12 PM
Not my choice, but here's a good one.

Kon from Bleach
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e309/ZOMGBleach/Kon/kon7i.jpg

I'm not sure I'd want my computer talking to me. I get distracted often enough doing online homework as it is.

It might be interesting to get an old transformers toy, make it sentient, and mobile. And if it's mobile, it should be able to transform itself.
Now imagine the Unicron transformer, or Autobot city. Those two were huge.

Icewalker
2009-10-06, 11:18 PM
Possibly my pocketwatch. Just because there's only so much more awesome pocketwatches can get, and I always have it with me. Not sure why, of course. Unless it's a particularly interesting person it wouldn't really be of much use.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-07, 02:05 AM
I have to agree with Icewalker: probably my watch, hopefully with the stereotypical British butler voice.

"Good evening. It is now 9 o'clock in the PM."

"Aw, you got one of those stupid talking watches? Bad idea."

"And who, my good man, are you calling stupid?"

":smalleek:"

random11
2009-10-07, 02:40 AM
I'd consult with my sciency friends and find an item that we can analyze efficiently. Because if we have magic, we need to quantify it and release to the general public. Don't give half of a rat's behind what its personality is, and it's sure not going out of its analysis cage.

A programmer walks in the forest and sees a frog.
He is amazed when it starts to talk: "I'm a princess in a frog's body, kiss me and I will marry you!"
The programmer puts the frog in his pocket and starts to walk.
The frog then asks "didn't you hear what I said?! all you have to do is to kiss me and I'll become a beautiful princess!"
"Well, I'm not sure I have time for romances and I can't be bothered with getting married. But a talking frog? that's COOL!"

random11
2009-10-07, 02:42 AM
Give my car keys the ability to talk. You'd never have to worry about losing you're keys again, because they could just yell "Hey idiot! I'm over here."

And you'll always have someone to entertain you while you drive.

I support that suggestion.