PDA

View Full Version : The A Team: Mercenary for Hire

Fri
2009-10-07, 05:12 AM
The billboard looks really… welcoming. At least that’s what the big letters under the smiling lady said on the billboard.

Welcome to Highsville.

As far as you know (and as much as you can see), Highsville is another typical out-of-way small town where moms bake apple pies and dads spend time on the local bar owned by their mutual friends, where children play tag in one of the many empty lot. These kinds of towns almost extinct a few decades ago, but with the advance of technology, nowadays people tend to stay away from big cities (why do you want to stay in those megalopolises when internet can give you all of their fun without the stress of living in a choking megalopolis? With the advance of medical technology, even a small town hospital can do brain surgery now. And if you really want to go to the city, you just need to hitch a ride on one of those superfast express maglevs ).

You just managed to slip from that stubborn army dog (again) and had a three hour high-speed bullet-dodging explosion-filled chase on the highway. The small town atmosphere almost feels relaxing, as much as you can let yourself relax. The good general often recommend towns like this for a meeting place or as a place to lie down for a while. But you don’t know the actual reason why you’re called here, because General Hammond's short message only read: Highsville.

You’re still on the town’s skirt when you heard a loud pop from under your minivan. One of your tires had burst for one reason or another, and after one or two swerve, now you’re watching the billboard at the side of the road.

Waargh!
2009-10-07, 05:42 AM
"Aaaaah! I new it! That happens when you have Max in the van"

Hayatsi tries to get out of the car and figure out what exactly happened

Spot [roll0]
Search [roll1]
Investigate (at the wire, if necessary, to find if it was sabotaged) [roll2]

josh13905
2009-10-07, 06:17 AM
SNAKE leaves the van to make sure Hayatsi doesn't get attacked from their good friend the Major. Looking around he hand very close to the small handgun in it's holster.

"Don't worry too much, I had a feeling something like this, with our luck we should be happy it didn't explode in a inferno, besides this way we get more exercise."

industrious
2009-10-07, 06:40 AM
Zyx is jerked awake when the tire bursts.

"I'm up, I'm up. What happened? Are we under attack?"

UglyPanda
2009-10-07, 08:48 AM
Sam McCay

"Rutting buckets of feces, the tire blew. I'll just have to fix the thing."

Sam hops out of the driver's seat, opens the rear doors of the van, and grabs some of his tools.

"This won't hurt a bit, old girl, bit it will sting." he says as he repairs and/or replaces the tire.

"If it's something tiny like a nail, we'll just keep it in and reinflate it until we can get to a tire shop. There's probably one around here somewhere, everyone has to drive in small towns like this. And if that doesn't work, I'll just make you a little patch to heal up the wound."

OOC:
[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm well aware we're forced to stay in this town. But I'd rather get the vehicle repaired than to have to walk everywhere.

Fri
2009-10-07, 10:03 AM
Hayatsi found that for some reason, there are sharp, broken glasses on the road. A few of them pierced the tires. Even the surviving tires had been punctured, eventhough they haven't exploded... yet.

Sam can easily repair it, IF only they got tires. Sadly, nobody remembered to pack some tires. Even if they remember, who would've thought to bring four spare tires?

UglyPanda
2009-10-07, 10:14 AM
Sam

"Someone should go into town and find out where the car shop is, I'm not too good at asking for directions so it would help me a lot if one of you did it for me."

"Once we know, I can go buy some new tires and we'll be set."

OOC:
Again, I know we're trapped in this town. I just don't like our characters having to walk from place to place.

Heck, there was no reason to trap us here in the first place. You could have just said "General X has information in Town X for some reason. You want to find out what and why."

smuchmuch
2009-10-07, 10:53 AM
Maximilian was sitting at the back of the van, vaguely hopping to get a bit of rest after their last encounter with the MP, when the van suddenly stops. during a few second of hesitation. He sighs, he should have known it couldn't that goddamn simple. Durring a fgew seconds of hesitations, he stands up, his hand on the holster of his gun, ready for action before relaxng a bit as SNAKE and Hayatsi ,who just jumped out, both fail to be torn out by a hail of bullets.

"No Zyx, I think we lost them." Mac kay walk by and get out of the van.."Trouble with the van apparently."

After a few minutes, Max decides to check for himself what is happening outside. He take a deep breath of fresh air, takes a look around.and sees the sign.
"Well what do you know. We're just just were we needed to be anyway. Still..." He turns, to answer Mc Kay "Will do. After you get your tires, how long do you reckon it will take you to get it repaired ? I'd rather we have a way out of here if things start to get ugly."

UglyPanda
2009-10-07, 11:09 AM
Sam

"We've got a jack and battery-powered tools, so I figure it should take less than two hours."

Waargh!
2009-10-07, 11:39 AM
Hayatsi seems a bit suspicious about the broken tires. All four wheels? "But we are not known for our luck"

"I can go to the town. Kind of bored staying here waiting"

OCC: How far are we from the town?

Fri
2009-10-07, 11:56 AM
You can see a couple of houses separated by large lawns with white wooden fences cluttering not far from your car's resting place. Across them there is a small building with flashing billboard. Apparently it's a motel/diner.

UglyPanda
2009-10-07, 12:47 PM
Sam

"Whoever is going to get the tires, don't sight-see. Just get me some tires."

industrious
2009-10-07, 01:19 PM
After taking off his tactical armor, and checking that his weapons are concealed. Zyx gets out of the car.

"I'll go. I need somebody else to help carry, though."

Sleight of Hand check [roll0]

josh13905
2009-10-07, 02:05 PM
Snake takes off his armor feeling slightly vulnerable without it, an old maxim from his days with the army comes back,

All equipment is expendable don't get attached.

He leaves his handgun in the van, taking only his sword, now collapsed in it's handle. It would be all he needed if a fight broke out,

"I can come too."

Waargh!
2009-10-07, 07:43 PM
"So, lets three go? We find, we buy and we come back in no time"

Fri
2009-10-07, 08:06 PM
On the way, you see Four big burly men in a snazzy black suit. They reminds you on that time when you're tasked to help the 6th airborne company to evacuate a zoo in Qurac. In one drunken celebratory night, one soldier tried to put a tuxedo onto a gorilla. You heard that he still can't walk right now with all the medical advancement in the world.

Three of them are crossing his hand as they watch the road. You see the other one is pushing a woman onto a wall. The woman drops her grocery bag as she winces in pain, eyes looking around frantically. But it seems that this isn't the neighborhood's most active hour.

She sees you and you can see her eyes pleads.

industrious
2009-10-07, 08:48 PM
Zyx considered his options. He was going to help the woman, that much was clear to him. The question was, what would he use? Pulling a gun in public was an easy way to get thrown in jail, regardless of the (non-forged) license in his pocket. On the other hand, going into melee with these thugs would probably end badly. Making up his mind, he approached the thugs, drawing Shalom in his left hand, and his baton in his right.

"I think you gentlemen want to stand down, right now."

With a flourish, he extends the baton and points it right between the nearest gorillas eyes. He keeps the Glock hidden against his body

Intimidate check [roll0]
Sleight of Hand [roll1]

Stormthorn
2009-10-07, 10:04 PM
Jerry sits atop the hood of the Van, waiting silently for his fellow mercs to return. He has on his undercover vest with his Skorpion loaded and slipped into his jacket.

Stormthorn
2009-10-07, 10:07 PM
((Since he's watching the truck should i have him roll a listen check to hear anyone aproach? Eh, i will and put it in spoilers so the DM can looks if he needs to.))

[roll0]

Waargh!
2009-10-08, 04:39 AM
Hayatsi doesn't like frontal confrontation. As Zyx considers what to do he will find a place against a wall, as close as possible from where he is. Quickly construct his collapsible rifle. He will hide his rifle with this body if anyone comes around, but make suere he is seen by the four burly men.

"Go, I ll back you up. Just tell them I am aiming at their nuts. All eight of them"

The intention is for Zyx to tell them something like "Look, if you don't go away, that guy over there will blow your nuts". At that point Hayatsi will aim them with his rifle to show that Zyx is deadly true about this. He will not hesitate to actually fire if nobody is around (taking advantage of the silencer on the weapon).

Hayatsi generally is a cold killer. He is not shooting those men just of being cautious, not to get caught. And mostly following Zyx's lead

Fri
2009-10-08, 05:09 AM
The giants aren't terribly impressed by the young man with a baton.

"Move away. This isn't your business at all, if you know what's good for you." said one of them.

industrious
2009-10-08, 06:00 AM
"I did warn you. You brought this upon yourself; I gave you a single chance." Dropping his baton, Zyx reveals the Glock in the other hand. "Still not my business? Let me tell you something. I named this particular piece; I call it Shalom. It's Hebrew; means peace. But it also means goodbye. Shalom."

Aiming at the nearest thug, Zyx fires a single round.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]

josh13905
2009-10-08, 06:26 AM
SNAKE was slightly surprised by Zyx direct attack, these thugs might be no match for them, but they didn't have to die, As soon as Zyx fires Snake says, "I suggest you all run along now, before anyone else is regrettably injured." His hand is now dangerously close to the handle of his sword, but he won't draw it, not yet.

[roll0] Intimidate

Fri
2009-10-08, 06:27 AM
The shot hit the surprised thug. "What The...!"

([roll0] initiative.

Everyone roll initiative. Everyone with initiative higher than 16 can act.)

Waargh!
2009-10-08, 07:26 AM
"Oh, somebody teach Zyx tactics. A threat is more dangerous than an action. Isn't that common sense? If you want to kill them, scare them, make them run and shoot them in the back"

Initiative [roll0]

UglyPanda
2009-10-08, 08:33 AM
Sam

"Hey, anyone in the van wanna play scrabble?"

Sam takes out a travel scrabble set.

industrious
2009-10-08, 09:01 AM
"I never was good at tactics. Remember that time we had to retrieve intel in Kazakhstan-stealthy? And we ended up running away with the plans singing "With Catlike Tread" at the top of our lungs?"

Intitiative: [roll0]

Waargh!
2009-10-08, 09:07 AM
"Sigh, how can I forget (I always tell them, let the sniper commense the party. Don't blow the element of suprise. Nothing. Nothing)"

OCC: I assume that Hayatsi is about 60-100ft away from the bad guys

josh13905
2009-10-08, 09:42 AM
Snake coolly watches the bad guys adopt fighting stances, he imperceptibly tenses, then immediately relaxes, readying himself for the fight.

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2009-10-08, 11:08 AM
"Not feling like it."
Max is sitting along the van. Usualy, he would have gone in the town but he's feeling pretty tired right now. Plus it's only a short trip to buy four tires, what could go wrong ? Plenty, say the nagging genre savy feeling at the back off his head. Then, suddenly comme realisation.

"Wait. Did we send Zyx on info gathering ?!"
Max rises up and start walking to the town. Fast. the word Kazakhstan keep running in his head. If he hears a gun shot, he'll start running.

Stormthorn
2009-10-08, 11:14 AM
Jerry rolls off the top of the Van.
Do you have a pocket dictionary, because without it, i dont trust smart types with scrabble.
And can you turn on one of the PortGens? It's warming up a lot this afternoon.

((Jerry intends to guard the van and that is what he shall do!))

industrious
2009-10-08, 11:35 AM
"You know, I might have done a bad thing there. Do you think I could say sorry? You know, I'll buy you a drink. Or not.

The sarcasm is obvious. Zyx smiles, and gestures with his gun.

"You can leave at any time though. Just help the lady with her bags first."

UglyPanda
2009-10-08, 07:12 PM
Sam

"I've got a scrabble dictionary and a travel set. We don't have a generator, use the cigarette lighter if you need something powered. I don't want you killing the car battery."

"And get inside already. We're in more danger if everyone sees you 'guarding' the van than if we were just parked."

Stormthorn
2009-10-08, 10:14 PM
((He ment Portable Environment Generator))
Jerry climbs into the Van.
Then we shall scrabble.

((Should i roll an opposed Int check to see how the scrabble goes?))

Fri
2009-10-09, 02:27 AM
(both of you roll opposing int check for the scrabble. Scrabble is serious business!)

"You'll pay for this!"

The bleeeding thug tried to punch Zyx with his giant fist, but Zyx easily dodged it while his friends opened fire. As guns started to blaze, the distressed lady ran toward the closest house. But since the thugs didn't want to accidentally shot their friend, all of the shot missed wildly.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

(your turn now)

Waargh!
2009-10-09, 02:56 AM
OCC: Snake goes first, but I will post action in advance. Do you mind if we generally do so? So, if Snake fights back, Hayatsi will also take the following action.

Hayatsi will hide behind some trash cans "No harm being cautious eh?"

By looking through his rifle scope, he scans the bad guys one by one with his rifle.
"Lets see. Ugly guy...fat guy...bleeding guy...muscular handsome guy. I don't like competition"
He fires two bullets at him.

Shoots bad guy (not the one that is been hit)
Attack: [roll0] (+2 for not being aware of him)
Damage: [roll1]
Hide: [roll2] (-20 hiding while attacking)
Listen chechk DC 15 required to hear weapon firing.

UglyPanda
2009-10-09, 07:07 AM
Sam

"Scrabble isn't a verb, you know."

OOC:
I'm well aware. I simply don't like it when abbreviations don't convey meaning.

[roll0]

Stormthorn
2009-10-09, 11:22 AM
I can scrabble if i want to scrabble. It's like....Like....

[roll0]

I never was good with words.

UglyPanda
2009-10-09, 06:07 PM
Sam

"Want to start making bets on who screwed up the simple mission this time?"
Sam wins the game handily, over a hundred points above Jerry's score.

"Play again?"

OOC:
[roll0]

industrious
2009-10-09, 06:16 PM
"Harah. The Sarge isn't going to be happy about this."

Zyx pulls out his other Glock.

"You could have surrendered. You could have said 'Fine. We'll go away and leave the nice lady alone' but you didn't. You had to just keep going. And I had to start a Milchama five minutes after entering a small town. Still better than what happened in Kazakhstan, though." He sighs. "Woe is me."

He then fires a round from each gun at 2 of the other thugs he hasn't shot at yet.

Attack Roll 1- [roll0]
Damage Roll 1- [roll1]

Attack Roll 2- [roll2]
Damage Roll 2- [roll3]

smuchmuch
2009-10-09, 06:20 PM
Max took out his gun and started running when he heard the gunshot. He doesn't need to be a psychic to know who are the cause of it. He's muttering something about "just a few goddamn tires" and "morrons".
(Wich is pretty unfair considering he would have done pretty much the same thing. But the hell if he's going to admit it.)

OOc: He'll arrive to the combat zone when it suits the Dm (how about the start of next turn ?))

Stormthorn
2009-10-09, 06:44 PM
((well...my guy cant see your roll so i guess he doesnt know you rolled too high for him to beat.))

One of these days im gonna beat you.

[roll0]

UglyPanda
2009-10-09, 07:08 PM
Sam

"It's possible. I only play this game to waste time."

"You try too hard to create big words. The secret to this game is to play a lot of little words alongside your big words."

OOC:
How does the van handle? Is it a typical van, is it old, is it secretly a high-performance vehicle, etc.

Fri
2009-10-10, 12:59 AM
((Still not fixed yet. You guys haven't even tell me what kind of van is that.))

Stormthorn
2009-10-10, 08:22 AM
http://www.mobilityvansales.com/handicap-vans-sales/used-vans/van_ad_photos/mobility_van_sales_112699_1.jpg

((Behold, by virtue of posting faster i have declared our van!))

Fri
2009-10-10, 11:53 AM
One of the black suited villain suddenly falls with a big bleeding hole at his body. In the same time, with a fluid move, Snake slashes another bad guy with his sword.

"Damnit! We're not getting paid for this!" Said one of the surviving bandit as he sees another man is coming closer. He runs toward a parked black sedan nearby. Another follow suit, and the last one grabs his fallen friend before following the others.

"You don't know who you're dealing with" he glances backward as he moves toward the sedan.

[roll0] [roll1]

Waargh!
2009-10-10, 08:25 PM
Hayatsi gets all anxious and worried
"Running away? How I am suppose to kill them if they are running away?"

Hayatsi moves closer so he can have a good view of the area. He will shoot the guy that was injured by Snake.

Attack 1d20+13 (+2 for not being aware as I assume)
Dmg 2d10+4

Waargh!
2009-10-10, 08:27 PM
1d20+13
2d10+4

Waargh!
2009-10-10, 08:29 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

industrious
2009-10-10, 09:26 PM
Zyx holsters his guns.

He then looks around for the lady that he had tried to save, however foolishly. "Ma'am? You can come out now. We stopped the people trying to mug you. I think you left your purse here."

Turning back to his comrades, he asks "How mad do you think Sarge is going to be this time? Kazahkstan-mad or that one time during Mardi Gras-mad? "

Waargh!
2009-10-11, 03:48 PM
Also, if able, Hayatsi will try to spot the plate number of the sedan

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2009-10-11, 04:01 PM
Maximilian fianly arrives at the scene, a little late, to find his squadmates and two corpse freshly killed. That's a great way to make first impresion in a new town.
After catching his breath, he turnins to Hayatsi (wich should be the first guy he meet giv en their dispositionin the fight) and ask betwen his teeth, (obviously pretty pissed) "What the hell hapened here ?"

Waargh!
2009-10-11, 04:40 PM
Hayatsi will still keeps his concentration on the enemies in order to shoot them down, if they go in the sedan try to shoot the tires.
"....Kazahkstan..."

industrious
2009-10-11, 06:44 PM
Picking up his dropped baton, Zyx doesn't notice Max, since he's currently looking through the dead thugs pockets. Specifically, for ID and key rings.

taking 10 on 2 Search checks (11)

UglyPanda
2009-10-11, 07:00 PM
Sam

♫Jaralğan namıstañ qaharman xalıqpız,
Azattıq jolında jalındap janıppız.
Tağdırdıñ tezinen, tozaqtıñ özinen
Aman-saw qalıppız, aman-saw qalıppız.♫

Sam does routine maintenance on the non-tire parts of the van.

"What the hell is keeping those guys? And it's not like we can go, since all our stuff is in here."

Fri
2009-10-12, 06:57 AM
One of the running thugs falls down, bleeding.

"Damnit!"

"!"

The others ignored him and entered the Sedan. You can hear its machine revving up.

The lady in distress peeks up from an empty veranda.

"Who... who are you guys?" She says as she looks at your weapons and the lying, bleeding, thug. "Please, don't hurt me."

Waargh!
2009-10-12, 12:46 PM
If Hayatsi has the time he will shoot one tire

[roll0]
[roll1]

Hayatsi turns to Max "Sigh, now we have to clear the mess..."

He ignores the woman, leaving her to speak with the others and goes to the guy he shot and sticks his rifle in his forehead "I am in a hurry. Gimme a why and a who, quickly. Tic toc tic toc (reloads rifle)"

If the guy is nearly dead he will just finish him off and search the body
[roll2]

OCC: So there were four. One was killed by Hayatsi. One was hit by Zyx and the other from Snake. The three walked away taking their dead friend with them. So what body Zyx searched?
Hayatsi shoots another one and he is bleeding on the ground. So, two alive in the sedan, one dead and one left bleeding if I get this correct.
OCC2: Did Hayatsi spot the plate numbers at all?

josh13905
2009-10-12, 03:32 PM
Snake's sword collapses into the handle which he stows inside his jacket, looking at the sedan he says, ""What happened to the time where enemies where honor-bound to fight to the finish? I mean we do our share of running, but that's because we're the smart guys!" Turning to the lady he walks over doing his best to ignore the adrenaline coursing through his body.

industrious
2009-10-12, 03:58 PM
ooc: right, forgot the dead body got taken. Ignore my searches, then.

While picking up the spend casings from the shots he fired, Zyx turns around to see Max behind him. "Oh. Hi, Sarge. In my defense, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Also, the lady was getting mugged. There not being any candy in the office of a Kazakh CEO had nothing to do with it. And I really mean it this time."

smuchmuch
2009-10-12, 04:35 PM
My post assumes Hayatsi failed to stop the car and it got away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hushing Zyx with a gest (and a stare wich anounces he's not off the hook, late, once there are no more witnesses around it will be explanation time ((Silent intimidation [roll0])) ), Max quickly stealth his weapon and gets to Snake before he can open his mouth.
Snake is a formidable warrior and a good soldier, no doubt about it, but when it comes to people skills... Well let just says he is a worthy representative of the team. And soemeone who just witneses two people get shot doesn't need ramblings about how people used to be more suicidal in front of almost certain cutting death.

"Let me handle this, will you ? And please make sure Hayatsi doesn't do anything regretable, while we're in public"

Taking his less threatening look and voice he turns to the woman keeping a certain disance not to frighten her.

"I can assure you we mean you no harm, madam. There is nothing to fear from us." It took him lots of training to be able to deliver that last line with a straight face.

(( Diplomacy [roll1]))

josh13905
2009-10-12, 05:12 PM
Stopped by Hayatsi, Snake reconsiders the words about to have left his mouth. He was close to blowing their cover, not that it hadn't happened before, they always managed to escape more permanent harm, it was almost like someone was watching them, but then if they were, Snake wondered if the watcher got as much of a kick as he did from his own comments.

Fri
2009-10-12, 08:36 PM
"Wait. we need to clean up this mess first." Saus the lady, pointing toward the fallen thug. It's clear that she doesn't have much love for them. "You're helping me, I don't want to get you guys into trouble for helping me." She still looks nervous, but seems to be a bit more confident. "They're not muggers, they're... something more dangerous."

As you check, you find that the dead thug doesn't have any IDs on him.

Hayatsi tries to shoot the sedan's tire, but he misses. The villains don't wait for him, and with a screetch, they got away from the scene. Hayatsi notices that the sedan doesn't even have a numberplate.

Waargh!
2009-10-13, 07:06 AM
Hayatsi colapses his rifle and hides it in clothes and jacket, mostly behind his back.
"Damn, they got away. I have their faces, but that is rather useless to track them down"

He moves towards the lady
"No trouble mam. An we will get rid of the body. Its useless, so a trash can should be the best place to throw it. Anyone will give me a hand here?"

Hayatsi starts lifting the body waiting for a helping hand. I guess he already has spotted a trash can. As he is lifting the body he will look around trying to see if the whole scene was spotted by anybody or if anybody else is moving around.

Spot [roll0] (the +2 for humans)
Listen [roll1] (the +2 for humans)

Assuming there is nothing suspicious
"And...about those tires. Can somebody go and find some? Maybe Snake and Zyx can trash the body and escort the lady to our van. Me and Max can discretely find some tires. We are most suited for the task. C'mon, lets make haste"

OCC: How old is the lady?

Fri
2009-10-13, 07:19 AM
Now you can see her better when she's not covered by a giant man in black suit or hiding behind a veranda, she's blonde woman in his late twenties and a bad case of 80's hair. She's not what you'd call pretty in the hollywood sense, but she got this homely small town look. "I thought I was done for."

Hayatsi tries to keep his eyes and ears open, but he can't hear or see anything suspicious.

"I don't think that there're anybody around at these hours," says the woman, "but I think it'd be better if you guys get as far away as you can from here soon, just in case. Are you guys going into the town? What do a group of armed people like you guys need in our small, if not peaceful, town?"

Waargh!
2009-10-13, 07:27 AM
"As a matter of fact we are. We need some tires. Do you know anywhere to get them, so we can move out of here?"

"We are just saving damsels in distress. Kind of a man thing I can guess. But lets get out of here and we can talk about it more. I suppose you don't care to come with us so we can sort this mess?"

Fri
2009-10-13, 07:34 AM
"Actually, I own the diner over there. I was just getting some grocery when those thugs attacked me. I don't know much about car, but that boy who worked for me, he might be able to help you."

Waargh!
2009-10-13, 09:17 AM
Hayatsi suspects that the lady might be lying. He is kind of suspicious. Those guys didn't seem like thugs going out for money. Why attack her?

Sense Motive [roll0]

OCC: Will wait for others to make a plan of actions

smuchmuch
2009-10-13, 02:38 PM
Max doesn't say anything, he's thinking pretty much along the same lines.

He takes a glance at the bodies.
They had a getaway car ready and even tried to carry their wounded with them. That's way to much organisation for your average street thug. On the other hand, even taking the surprise factor in count, the way they panicked almost instantly and didn't even try to shoot back to cover their escape suggest either poor teamwork or people who aren't used to fight against equally or better armed opponent. There's also the obvious effort to conceal their identity. Mobsters or Private contractors (the cheap kind), maybe ?

The victim appears suspicious too. For someone who just saw two people get killed and might have been shot in the fight she seems oddly calm. Either that stuff happens a lot in this neibourghood or she isn't saying everything. Might as well play along for now.

Not enough info to draw a sure conclusion yet but once thing is sure, there's something going on. And that meant a job oppotunity.

He nods at Hayatsi. Once again the voice of reason has spoken n(it's just a shame said voice happens to be a cold blooded killer, but hey nobodys perfect)
"We'd better get a move on. The sooner we get those tires, the better. Because we're sitting ducks right now.. So, mam, if you'll just go forward, we'll follow.

OOc: Don't have anything better to suggest for now.

Waargh!
2009-10-13, 03:59 PM
So Max and Hayatsi go for tires,
Zyx and Snake, escort lady to van?

josh13905
2009-10-13, 05:54 PM
OOC: I believe lady knows man who will get us tires, so we should all go with her.

SNAKE follows the lady, looking relaxed and cool as ever, although his inner feelings were hidden.

industrious
2009-10-13, 06:28 PM
Zyx approximates a bow "Right this way, my lady. Say, I don't suppose your diner has falafel, does it? I haven't had any in weeks.

Stormthorn
2009-10-13, 10:47 PM
Jerry pulls out a superball and begins bouncing it around the interior of the van.

We need to get some armor to plate the inside of this thing with.

UglyPanda
2009-10-14, 10:30 AM
Sam

"You mean the outside of this thing. And stop that, the van is small as hell, you're going to break something or hit yourself in the head a few times."

"And everyone is always saying armor this and armor that. Nobody seems to realize that the good armor is expensive as hell and all the other armor are worthless. Who cares if a single bullet is blocked when you crash into walls with a hard U. And driving faster lets us survive better... somehow."

OOC:
Apparently cars can be mastercraft. But it's still expensive.

industrious
2009-10-14, 10:58 AM
Zyx knocks on the door of the van.

"Honeys, I'm home! And I brought guests!"

UglyPanda
2009-10-14, 11:07 AM
Sam

"Do you have tires? If you don't, I'm going to shoot you for the insurance money."

industrious
2009-10-14, 11:10 AM
"Apparently Max decided that me getting tires wasn't the best idea. Looking back, I accept that he's right. That being said, him and Hayatsi are getting them now. Rescuing a lady from some sort of gang scores you no points anymore."

UglyPanda
2009-10-14, 11:15 AM
Sam

"If you rescued her, take her home. We're in no business to be babysitting here."

Waargh!
2009-10-14, 12:52 PM
So Max and Hayatsi go for tires,
Zyx and Snake, escort lady to van?
(oh, wait...I already asked that)
Okay, I got to different answers in a way. I will stick with the "yes" not to rewrite history.

Turning to Max
"Lets go find that boy the lady mentioned. I guess you are coming with me. I need you for your mone...skills. I need you for your skills"

They will try not to draw attention at all. When they find the boy Hayatsi will try to make a sweet (unatural for him) voice:
"Hey fella. We are looking to buy some tires. You happen to know any place nearby?"

If boy doesn't know or doesn't help, will let Max do the diplomacy. If that fails also will ask around
Gather Information [roll0]

industrious
2009-10-14, 01:06 PM
"She's an information source. Max might want her for questioning later."

Stormthorn
2009-10-14, 08:38 PM
Jerry perks up.

You say questioning? I...wait...you saved someone on your trip to find us TIRES!

UglyPanda
2009-10-14, 08:47 PM
OOC:
Are we going to have to do a mission before we're allowed to have tires?

Also, did anyone else buy a cell phone?

industrious
2009-10-14, 08:47 PM
"...Maybe. Now isn't a good time to ask for my copy of Don Quixote, is it?"

Stormthorn
2009-10-14, 11:12 PM
Jerry climbs out of the van and stretches.

Tires. One simple task. Tires....
He mutters to himself as he stalks around the van.