PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Hunter's Quarry

Burley
2009-10-07, 08:12 AM
I noticed something strange while preparing my Dwarven Ranger. I never have to hit, and I'll still do decent damage against everything (minions excluded).
After reading "Hunter's Quarry" (Pg 104), it says I apply the extra damage to one per turn. It does not ever say that I have to hit.
Sneak Attack (Pg 117) specifically says "if the attack hits" and Warlock's Curse (Pg 131) requires gives you extra damage "if you damage a cursed enemy."

Hunter's Quarry doesn't actually say you have to hit, you just designate which attack to apply the damage to. Is there something that I'm missing out on? Do I need to attack to get the extra damage, hit to get the extra damage, or deal damage to get the extra damage?
(I took Hammer Rythme, so... I could be doing 2d8+8 on a complete Twin Strike Miss...)

Kurald Galain
2009-10-07, 08:19 AM
You are correct, but this mistake (a rather obvious typo) was fixed in the errata, which says "Once per round, when you hit your quarry with an attack, the attack deals extra damage based on your level."

Dizlag
2009-10-07, 08:25 AM
They errata'd the text of Hunter's Quarry with the following:

Replace the first sentence of the second paragraph with the following: “Once per round, when you hit your quarry with an attack, the attack deals extra damage based on your level.”

This was in the Aug 11, 2008 errata text from the Wizard's website.

EDIT: What he said. =)

Dizlag

Guinea Anubis
2009-10-07, 08:27 AM
they fixed it with an errata.

Edit: what they said.

Burley
2009-10-07, 08:30 AM
Oh, the errata fixed it.

Fake Edit: Thanks for what you guys said.