PDA

View Full Version : I Was Born In The Factory, Far Away From The Milk And Tea [3.5 Epic Destiny]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-10-07, 09:40 AM
Brass Maven
Epic Destinies for 3.5 (http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfe/20080428)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/BrasswickArtificer.jpg

There are many artificers, even more so when the people of Shello still lived. Brasswick was a near metropolis of a city, made of steel, brass and stone and populated mostly by gnomes and constructs. It is said that the vast brass tower that stands in the heart of Brasswick is actually the tomb of the not-dead founder of the city. She, like many of the inhabitants of the brass city are masters of artifice, though rarely are there any as skilled and masterful as the Brass Mavens. These creators and artificers slowly gain the ability to manipulate magic items perfectly, summon forth incredible armors that tower over their kin and eventually manipulate the minds of constructs, even those without actual minds.

Requirements: 21st level, Craft (armorsmithing, metalworking or weaponsmithing) 24 ranks, at least 5 Item Creation feats

{table="head"]Level|Special
21st|Mastermaker, steam engenius
24th|Manipulate artifice
27th|Indestructible brass titan
30th|Sovereign of brass
[/table]

Mastermaker (Su): You are a master of creating anything you can imagine, no item is beyond you. You are treated as having all non-epic item creation feats you meet the prerequisites for. If you already have a non-epic item creation feat, then you reduce the gp and xp costs to craft items of that type by 50%, and you need only eight hours to craft them. These price and duration reductions do not stack with any other similar abilities. In addition, you automatically succeed on all Use Magic Device checks made to activate or create items that you already have the item creation feat for. In addition, at 30th level, you gain the ability to craft lesser artifacts. You do so as if they were normal magical items, although no effect or ability can reduce the gp or xp price to create it, or the crafting time. Lesser artifacts are treated as having a market price of 50,000 gp times the artifact’s caster level for purposes of crafting it, although they are almost never sold.

Steam Engenius (Su): Your mastery of creation is just as great as your capabilities to identify items, forge them and grasp at every strand of knowledge you can. Whenever you touch and see a magic item, you can automatically identify all of it's magical properties. This ability does not work to identify artifacts. At 27th level, you only need touch OR see it to identify the properties.
Additionally, you automatically count as having rolled a natural 20 on all Craft, Knowledge (arcana) and Knowledge (architecture and engineering) checks.

Manipulate Artifice (Su): At 24th level, you have the ability to manipulate the very fabric of magic within magic items you hold. Select a Metamagic feat that does not increase the effective level of a spell by more than +1. Whenever you use a spell-trigger item such as a wand or staff, you apply that metamagic feat to the spell used with the item without expending any more than the normal amount of charges.
At 27th level, select another Metamagic feat with a spell level increase no large than +2, and again at 30th level, so long as it does not exceed +3. You can only apply a single metamagic feat to a spell-trigger item use at a time.

Indestructible Brass Titan (Su): At 27th level, you are capable of summoning forth an armor for yourself unlike any other. As an immediate action, you can summon forth a gigantic brass construct, designed in whatever style your character deems fit. This creature has the stats of either Enkidudu (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122933), Gurren Lagann (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5830039&postcount=4) or Lazengann (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5830069&postcount=5), but is a custom-designed brass construct. If your character is not a humanoid, they are considered one for all intents and purposes of your brass titan.
This construct can only be summoned once every hour, and only remains in use for 20 rounds. When it is summoned you are automatically in the cockpit of the construct. When summoned, the construct has a duplicate of whatever weapon you were wielding, including enhancement bonuses and materials used(but not magical effects, such as spell-triggers or use-activated effects) and has use of all of your magic items, unless it's size or shape would disqualify it from using them.
Once one of the three different titans is chosen, that is the only kind you are capable of summoning ever again through this ability.

Sovereign of Brass (Su): At 30th level, you are capable of gaining control over constructs of any kind, and gain mastery over magical items. You gain the ability to rebuke constructs, which acts exactly as a cleric would rebuke undead, with an effective cleric level equal to your character level. You gain a number of uses of this ability per day equal to 3+Cha modifier, but it automatically effects constructs without an Intelligence score without having to expend a use of the ability, so long as they are within 30 feet of you.
You cannot control more constructs through this ability than your character level times 4, and cannot effect more than twice your character level in HD with any single use of this ability. Constructs with the Living Construct subtype gain a +4 turn resistance to this effect.
Lastly, you are capable of using any magical item, despite restrictions that may apply to you, such as race, alignment or any other qualifiers such as those. This does not apply if the item physically cannot be used by you, such as a gnome attempting to use a magic item only usable by a tentacle.

Immortality: Tower of Industry
Your incredible insights into the workings of machines and magic has brought about the new age of technology. Devices and supernatural powers run rampant as you begin creating a shell around you of brass and artifact metals that loses it's use as an armor and becomes a living fortress with you as it's heart. The tower will expand for centuries, watching the age of technology rise further and further into the sky. You may very well never die, even if the material plane is destroyed, your invincible brass tower will float forever through the void.

Lord_Gareth
2009-10-07, 09:44 AM
You know, I keep seeing you post these things, but I must ask - what the hell is an epic destiny?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-10-07, 09:48 AM
You know, I keep seeing you post these things, but I must ask - what the hell is an epic destiny?

This is (http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfe/20080428). I'll add a link in the initial post.

Draken
2009-10-07, 10:25 AM
Two questions:

1. How does the Steam Genius interact with a dependant check such as that of Knowledge Devotion? Are you considered to have rolled 20 + (character level?) on the specific roll, or would you still have to roll normaly?

2. Indestructible Brass Titan gives three options. Is the character supposed to pick between the three any time he uses the summoning, or is he supposed to pick one of the three upon acquiring the class feature?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-10-07, 10:28 AM
Two questions:

1. How does the Steam Genius interact with a dependant check such as that of Knowledge Devotion? Are you considered to have rolled 20 + (character level?) on the specific roll, or would you still have to roll normaly?

I think in this case, if the particular DC falls within your range(and I believe all of them do), you just automatically succeed.

2. Indestructible Brass Titan gives three options. Is the character supposed to pick between the three any time he uses the summoning, or is he supposed to pick one of the three upon acquiring the class feature?

Oh! That's one detail I meant to put in and forgot. Will be altered.

Cieyrin
2009-10-07, 10:44 AM
Also on the matter of Steam Engenius, do you auto-get the highest result (character level+20) or do I get the minimum result needed to pass, as I may prefer to roll if I'm trying to speed craft, as I could easily bypass that minimum on bonuses alone.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-10-07, 06:30 PM
Also on the matter of Steam Engenius, do you auto-get the highest result (character level+20) or do I get the minimum result needed to pass, as I may prefer to roll if I'm trying to speed craft, as I could easily bypass that minimum on bonuses alone.

Yes, considering that the Knowledge check has a DC, and they meet it. So the character can achieve any DC within that range they meet.

RandomBystander
2009-10-07, 06:39 PM
...I keep thinking of Mishra and his dragon engine for some reason. :smalleek: