PDA

View Full Version : Swardsage and haste

Zaerdna
2009-10-07, 05:07 PM
I have a lv 13 unarmed swardsage mostly in DM and TC.

I have picked up a pair of boots of speed to get that extra actions/attack would that be of any use. Haste seems to only give you an extra action if you take a full round attack. But most strikes are standard actions.

Is it of any use of should I use the 12k for something better.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-07, 05:08 PM
I have a lv 13 unarmed swardsage mostly in DM and TC.

I have picked up a pair of boots of speed to get that extra actions/attack would that be of any use. Haste seems to only give you an extra action if you take a full round attack. But most strikes are standard actions.

Is it of any use of should I use the 12k for something better.

Haste benefits boosts, but not strikes.

Talya
2009-10-07, 05:23 PM
Haste benefits boosts, but not strikes.

With the exception of a few strikes that take a full round action to initiate and dictate that you take a full attack action as part of the strike, anyway.

Douglas
2009-10-07, 07:45 PM
With the exception of a few strikes that take a full round action to initiate and dictate that you take a full attack action as part of the strike, anyway.
Specifically, the extra attack from Haste works with Flashing Sun, Pouncing Charge, and Time Stands Still. If you happen to have pounce, it should also work with all of the maneuvers that involve charging.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-10-07, 09:10 PM
I consider it to be a sub-par item, mostly because there's generally someone in the party who can Haste, making it rather obsolete.

For the same price, if you have the Magic Item Compendium, try the Belt of Battle.

Godskook
2009-10-07, 09:29 PM
Boots of agile leaping, 600gp. If you've dumped str, and pumped dex like most unarmed swordsages do, this is a great boot-slot item to fix your jump checks for all the Tiger Claw maneuvers that work off it.

Eldariel
2009-10-07, 10:04 PM
I consider it to be a sub-par item, mostly because there's generally someone in the party who can Haste, making it rather obsolete.

For the same price, if you have the Magic Item Compendium, try the Belt of Battle.

Unless it's persisted though, that's an action in combat...

Flickerdart
2009-10-07, 10:23 PM
It's an action in combat anyway to give it to everyone else.

Eldariel
2009-10-07, 10:39 PM
It's an action in combat anyway to give it to everyone else.

If Haste users have Boots of Speed though, no actions necessary.

deuxhero
2009-10-07, 10:57 PM
Never heard of "Swardsage". Did pathfinder introduce it?

>_> Had to.

Flickerdart
2009-10-07, 10:59 PM
If Haste users have Boots of Speed though, no actions necessary.
A low-level spell slot and a single character's action are comparable to 12k GP per guy, methinks. Especially since Boots only do 10 rounds, whereas by the time you can afford them a single Haste will last you more.

Eldariel
2009-10-07, 11:01 PM
A low-level spell slot and a single character's action are comparable to 12k GP per guy, methinks. Especially since Boots only do 10 rounds, whereas by the time you can afford them a single Haste will last you more.

Mayhap. I find actions in combat invaluable, beyond any GP amount around the levels where your daily resources aren't the primary barrier for actions anymore.

Myrmex
2009-10-08, 12:26 AM
Never heard of "Swardsage". Did pathfinder introduce it?

It's a class focused on growing grass.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-10-08, 12:32 AM
Mayhap. I find actions in combat invaluable, beyond any GP amount around the levels where your daily resources aren't the primary barrier for actions anymore.

Hence the Belt of Battle... which will likely be of more use than the boots of haste for 10 rounds a day.

Also, 1 person's Swift Action to keep the entire party from needing to expend gold on a haste item which may run out before they run out of opponents for the day, and a 3rd level slot, is worth it.