PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Bard entry

Gametime
2009-10-07, 06:28 PM
So I'm thinking of playing a prestige bard for our next campaign (because I love me some bards, but want a little more variety in the spells).

What class combinations are recommended for entry? I'd prefer to get in at 6th level with as few caster levels lost as possible, but barring Human Paragon (which I'd rather avoid because it's a silly class) I can't see a way to do it without at least two lost caster levels.

I'm planning on going Human and taking Able Learner to take full advantage of the skills I'll be getting. Entry for 6th level is preferred, and I'd rather use wizard, but I could be persuaded to go sorcerer and/or wait til 7th level if it seems like the best option.

Ernir
2009-10-07, 06:45 PM
Uh, be a Wizard and take Apprentice: Entertainer (DMGII) to get Perform as a class skill?

I can't think of any PrCs that get Perform as a class skill, don't lose a CL at 1st and don't require Bardic Music to enter.:smallfrown:
If you can find one like that that you can enter at level 5, that + your able learner feat should take care of things.

Gossipmonger
2009-10-07, 06:57 PM
Sorceror's can get Draconic Heritage from Battle or Song dragons to get perform as a class skill, from Races of the Dragon.
Then you can dip one level from a full BAB class for earlier entry, or just wait a bit longer and keep your delicious caster levels.