PDA

View Full Version : High Heroic Level Challenge 4e

HMS Invincible
2009-10-07, 10:39 PM
Background: There is a vampire who is invading various countries to set up an empire. Our group at times has worked for and against them, dictated by whatever was more convenient. I belong to one of the countries being forced to pay tribute and I oppose the Vampire lord.
The group recently agreed to work for the vampire in exchange for saving them from another evil faction(Zantoriam).
I showed up when there was a possessed warlock in the same tavern as the party. I found out that they work for the vampire lord now, and I asked them to reconsider. That's when the warlock, who used to adventure with us until he got possessed by a demon, said that he opposed the vampire lord.
Next, he asked if I would want to join him. That's when the fighter asked if I worked with the Zantoriam warlock. I said no but I didn't work for the vampires either. That's when both the warlock and fighter drew their weapons. We were at a standoff and about to fight, but the warlock casted a spell to blow up the tavern.

After escaping the warlock, a druid found us and said we could defeat the warlock if we helped her gather some mcguffans. I am currently traveling with them until we deal with the warlock, but I did manage to get the whole party to be geass by the druid into completing to the best of their ability this quest of killing the demon that possessed the warlock.

The short story is this: I'm going to kill 4 members in my party.
I think I will secretly gather together a rival party to crush this one. Ideally, I can avoid being blamed for their deaths.

While I'm planning their deaths, I'm gonna spend my time hindering them.

I will post character stats later when I find them.
I have a lvl 10 staff mage and I need to figure out a way to kill
1. Dwarven fighter nontempest
Race-Dwarf
Class-Fighter
Level-9
Height-4'8''
weight-210 lbs
Alignment-neutral
languages- common and dwarven
xp total-18206

Hp- 85
bloodied- 42
surge value-21
surges/day-7

AC-29
Fort-25
Ref-23
Will-21
str-18
con-17
dex-14
int-11
wis-14
cha-10

Speed-6
Passive Insight-16
Passive Perception-21

Feats:
Dwarven Weapon Training
Toughness
Weapon Focus (Axe)
Armor Proficiency (Plate)
Power Attack

Initiative+6
acrobatics+2
arcana+4
athletics+9
bluff+4
diplomacy+4
dungeoneering+8
endurance+13
heal+6
history+4
insight+6
intimidate+4
nature+6
perception+11
religion+4
stealth+2
streetwise+4
thievery+2

Adamantine Waraxe+3
attack 1d20+14
damage 1d12+12
crit.+4d10
Dwarven Plate Armor+3
Heavy Shield (Made of Gold)
Bracers of Mighty Striking
Battlestrider Greaves
Minor cloak of invisibility w/ fortification+3
Minor War Ring
Ring Of Defense+2

Attacks:
At wills: Cleave, Tide of iron
Encounters: Passing Attack, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It
Dailys: Brute strike, cometfall charge, victorious surge
Utilities: Battle Awareness, Unstoppable

Wealth: (containe in Bag of holdingx2)
12 Onyx statuettes of various gods
525 gp
710 sp
90 cp
10 golden rings
lightning waraxe+2
5 Healing potions
2 bags of holding
frost shortsword+3
heavy shield
Ritual book containing the following: Endure Elements, Magic Circle, Raise Dead, Make Whole, Phantom Steed, Disenchant Magic Item
Blood and Horn of unicorn

2. Human Bow Ranger
3*. lvl 8 Barbarian, race changes as he gets killed every other week.
4. lvl 9 Human Rogue, Artful Dodger, central plot character

I need to kill them in a way that is good aligned, or at least neutral. (preferred) And I want them killed so that you can't cast raise dead, or at least it would be a quest upon itself to accomplish. I don't need to face all of them at once, but the fighter and ranger are friendly towards each other. Each person has +3 items along with homebrewed custom items that bind only to them. While I have a lone +3 plain magic staff and +1 everything else.
All of them have high end stats, like 50 points above point buy. I am 20 points above 22(Standard) pointbuy.
The fighter definitely knows I have it in for him, along with the barbarian. It's all a matter of who is going to strike first. The rogue does not, and the ranger may know about my intentions. They travel with a human swordmage, warden, revenant fighter, halfling sorcerer, and one more unknown member. The swordmage may be loyal to me, but all the others are neutral, trending towards the status quo. Therefore, they may side with the 4 targets.

The barbarian is special, he can't be killed because more will take his place. Instead, I need him crippled or otherwise put in a permanent holding pattern between life and death.