PDA

View Full Version : I had the most terrible nightmare last night...

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-08, 10:09 AM
The trailer had come out for the next Batman movie, and although it was set in the Nolan-verse, Christopher Nolan wasn't directing it; Michael Bay was. And Batman was dual-wielding pistols.

And the worst part was I had to explain to people why this was a BAD thing.

Oh, the horror...

The Glyphstone
2009-10-08, 10:10 AM
this is a bad thing?:smallbiggrin:

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-08, 10:13 AM
this is a bad thing?:smallbiggrin:

NOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOO!!!

kamikasei
2009-10-08, 10:17 AM
It was a comedy, right? Because I'd totally go see that movie.

"My parents are DEAD!!!" plus Dr. Raven Darktalon Blood.

Winthur
2009-10-08, 10:21 AM
Michael Bay's Batman?

*Flashback*
"Brucie, were you... masturbating?"
"Oh, no, no no no."
*Robin comes out from behind a couch*
"Oh..."
*mommy has a heart attack*

Tengu_temp
2009-10-08, 10:22 AM
And Batman was dual-wielding pistols.

So kinda like this?
http://superdickery.com/images/stories/propaganda/141_4_0000015.jpg

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-08, 10:27 AM
So kinda like this?
http://superdickery.com/images/stories/propaganda/141_4_0000015.jpg

No, not quite...

Robin was on the Island of Giant Carnivores trying to evade Superman who was trying to kill him, not because Superman had gone crazy or mind-controlled, just cynical.

Oh, wait, that was another dream.

My subconscious is **** up and needs to stop reading comic books.

warty goblin
2009-10-08, 10:57 AM
Weird, my last nightmare involved alien invaders virus bombing the city I was in, causing people to rupture, spewing fetid meat like a skin sack. When I woke up, it was still in the early stages, which meant lots and lots of panic, but most people were still alive.

Honestly, yours sounds like more fun.

Prime32
2009-10-08, 11:01 AM
Weird, my last nightmare involved alien invaders virus bombing the city I was in, causing people to rupture, spewing fetid meat like a skin sack. When I woke up, it was still in the early stages, which meant lots and lots of panic, but most people were still alive.

Honestly, yours sounds like more fun.By forum tradition, this must be combined with the Batman dream and turned into a visual novel. Yes, it's tradition now.

kamikasei
2009-10-08, 11:06 AM
By forum tradition, this must be combined with the Batman dream and turned into a visual novel. Yes, it's tradition now.

There's only one heroine and two paths. In the first path, the heroine gets shot by Batman. In the second, she dies of exploding plague. Both occur five minutes in to the game.

It is nonetheless ero.

pita
2009-10-08, 11:16 AM
I've been having a recurring dream that I've been hearing really loud drumming, which wakes me up. I don't quite know what to make of it.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-08, 11:21 AM
I've been having a recurring dream that I've been hearing really loud drumming, which wakes me up. I don't quite know what to make of it.

That someone is screwing with you and is actually drumming close by but stops when you wake up?

pita
2009-10-08, 11:35 AM
Nobody else can hear it, though, and it's a full drum set drumming, not ominous LOTR drumming. It's creeping me out. Either it's an odd recurring dream that I can't figure out, or... I dunno... it's freaky.

Stormthorn
2009-10-08, 11:48 AM
There's only one heroine and two paths. In the first path, the heroine gets shot by Batman. In the second, she dies of exploding plague. Both occur five minutes in to the game.

It is nonetheless ero.

Exploding plague? Guro.

TheBST
2009-10-08, 11:49 AM
The trailer had come out for the next Batman movie,

Oh, the horror...

Man that is terrifying.

Being so geeky that comic characters invade your dreams...

warty goblin
2009-10-08, 11:58 AM
Man that is terrifying.

Meh, you don't know the depths of nerdity until you start dreaming epsilon delta proofs. Then you wake up and find that they work. It's creepifying I tell you.

TheBST
2009-10-08, 12:10 PM
Meh, you don't know the depths of nerdity until you start dreaming epsilon delta proofs.

In a way, I'm thankful that I have no idea what those are.

Linkavitch
2009-10-08, 12:20 PM
Michael Bay's Batman?

*Flashback*
"Brucie, were you... masturbating?"
"Oh, no, no no no."
*Robin comes out from behind a couch*
"Oh..."
*mommy has a heart attack*

ROFL'd! That would be so epic. I know what the next Epic Movie needs to be about.

chiasaur11
2009-10-08, 12:21 PM
Meh, you don't know the depths of nerdity until you start dreaming epsilon delta proofs. Then you wake up and find that they work. It's creepifying I tell you.

Nifty.

Try that with some of the classic infinite sums. See if you can get some money out of the whole bit.

Prime32
2009-10-08, 12:28 PM
Man that is terrifying.

That's nothing. I had a dream featuring Link, Lelouch Lamperouge, Buggy the Clown, Team Rocket, the SOS Brigade and several original characters (including a reincarnating bad guy and a sorcerer who deduced the true identity of Batman through Yu-Gi-Oh cards).

...yeah, it didn't make a lot of sense. :smallconfused:

MCerberus
2009-10-08, 12:50 PM
That's a horrible horrible dream indeed. I'm lucky, most of my dreams I can recall involve me doing something normal (going out to dinner, etc) without shoes. Makes me think I sleep walk...

Anyhow, the only way that could be worse is Robin with a gun-sword.

alchemyprime
2009-10-08, 01:01 PM
Most of my dreams involve me gaining superpowers (most oftern a Power Ring (like Green Lantern or Blue Lantern or Spiderpowers), then trying to save someone important, and failing them miserably.

Or that one were Zombie Spider-Man and I stopped the Skrulls. That was fun.

warty goblin
2009-10-08, 01:23 PM
I also used to dream Legos. Then I would wake up all disappointed because all the cool bits I dreamed about didn't actually exist.

Tengu_temp
2009-10-08, 02:06 PM

A solution to a programming problem I had once came to me in my dream. Close enough?

warty goblin
2009-10-08, 02:11 PM
A solution to a programming problem I had once came to me in my dream. Close enough?
Yeah, that definitely counts.

That's happened to me as well, and apparently it used to happen to my father quite regularly.

kamikasei
2009-10-08, 02:11 PM

Getting solutions to things in dreams isn't so bad, that's just being immersed in a problem to the point where your subconscious keeps mulling it over even while you sleep. It's when you're unproductively dreaming about mathematical entities as people with little personalities, or instead of being late for a test and also for some reason in your underwear you're running along the track of a rhythm game and keep mis-timing the jumps at each hurdle-like marker, that you're being nerdy.

Rogue 7
2009-10-08, 02:15 PM
This thread has gone to a very weird place...

chiasaur11
2009-10-08, 02:16 PM
Getting solutions to things in dreams isn't so bad, that's just being immersed in a problem to the point where your subconscious keeps mulling it over even while you sleep. It's when you're unproductively dreaming about mathematical entities as people with little personalities, or instead of being late for a test and also for some reason in your underwear you're running along the track of a rhythm game and keep mis-timing the jumps at each hurdle-like marker, that you're being nerdy.

What if your brain plots out episodes of Red vs Blue (that, sadly, aren't PSAs, as that might be helpful)?

Eldan
2009-10-08, 02:17 PM
I posted this in the dream thread once, but now that unproductive dreaming has been mentioned...

I had been studying for a test in Behavioural Neuroscience for five weeks, because it was the only test we had this holiday (our university sets the exams to the end of the holidays, so we can spend all these weeks of free time studying. Yay.)
So, in this dream, I sat down at a table in a café, opened my bag, took out a paper titled "The Effects of Dopamine Infusion on Something Something" (Not the actual name. I forgot half of it.) and proceeded to read it. For what felt like an entire morning. In my dream. I was so happy when I woke up and was allowed to go out and really do it.:smallsigh:

Solaris
2009-10-08, 02:20 PM
... OP, just so you know, if this movie happens I will hunt you down and bathe in your blood with lavender-scented soap and a loofa.

EDIT: Oh, we're sharing dreams now? Okay. I had one where I was in a firefight and I didn't have my ammo. I squeeze the trigger, my M4 goes 'clicky'. Squeeze again, goes clicky. That's how I could tell it was a dream... well, that and zombies. It went downhill from there.
I woke up in a cold sweat, and the first thing I did was lean over and check my magazines to make sure they had rounds in them. I figure it's the nerdy soldier's equivalent of dreaming about showing up to school in your skivvies.

kamikasei
2009-10-08, 02:22 PM
What if your brain plots out episodes of Red vs Blue (that, sadly, aren't PSAs, as that might be helpful)?

Unless you are in fact one of the creators of the show, that's nerdy. Even then it's borderline.

warty goblin
2009-10-08, 02:24 PM

I take it you too feel that while epsilon is a decent enough fellow, delta can be a right bastard at times?

kamikasei
2009-10-08, 02:27 PM
I take it you too feel that while epsilon is a decent enough fellow, delta can be a right bastard at times?

Epsilon's so unassuming you might not even notice he's there. Delta's always causing a ruckus, though. E, at least, is very stable and self-assured. Pi never settles on anything, just keeps going round and round. And no one seems to know i, you'd think I'd made him up.

...Yeah, I don't know enough math to keep that going.

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-08, 02:29 PM
I nightmare rather than dream these days, but it's being going on for so long that I'm pretty used to it. It does make from broken and infrequent sleeping periods though, as I often wake up during the night.

Prime32
2009-10-08, 02:38 PM
I take it you too feel that while epsilon is a decent enough fellow, delta can be a right bastard at times?I find it amusing that this was posted right after a comment on Red vs. Blue. And I think Delta's a cool guy. He lives in brains and doesn't afraid of nothing.

warty goblin
2009-10-08, 03:10 PM
Epsilon's so unassuming you might not even notice he's there. Delta's always causing a ruckus, though. E, at least, is very stable and self-assured. Pi never settles on anything, just keeps going round and round. And no one seems to know i, you'd think I'd made him up.

...Yeah, I don't know enough math to keep that going.
Argument can be hard to back into a corner, it's always over here or over there.

When you add it all up, big epsilon is pretty easy to understand.

I find sine to have a very seductive slink to her curves, and is odd enough to keep it interesting. Cosine is a little too even to do it for me though.

1/x is a bit of a drama queen, the way she makes a huge deal out of little tiny things. The good news is that the big things don't get to her so much.

The other thing to remember about i is that conjugal visits can get pretty complex.

I'm so, so sorry for that last one. I couldn't control myself.

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-08, 03:51 PM
... OP, just so you know, if this movie happens I will hunt you down and bathe in your blood with lavender-scented soap and a loofa.

:smalleek:

Can't I just help you murder Michael Bay? 'Cause I'd be all for that.

Shraik
2009-10-08, 04:00 PM
Nobody else can hear it, though, and it's a full drum set drumming, not ominous LOTR drumming. It's creeping me out. Either it's an odd recurring dream that I can't figure out, or... I dunno... it's freaky.

It could be that it's still within a month of the anniversaries of both Keith Moon's and John Bonham's Deaths. Maybe they're haunting you for some sort of vengenance(or in moon's case, a good laugh)

Icewalker
2009-10-08, 04:22 PM

You are the Master?

Until recently I had stopped dreaming. Last two years or so, no dreams. Maybe a minuscule fragment on days when I could sleep in, but not even that, really. It's started up again, a little bit, I've had some dreams of late, but none terribly remarkable. I've never really had a nightmare except for one when I was like 7...

Squirrel_Domain
2009-10-08, 04:32 PM
You are the Master?

Thank you very much for making that reference :smallbiggrin:

I don't dream a lot either. The last nightmare I remember having involved a zombie invasion, and Lugia saving the day...

pita
2009-10-09, 04:41 AM
I finally found out what was causing the drumming. It wasn't a dream, it was my neighbor's kid who plays drums every day at 8 AM at a holiday.
Children should be shot upon birth.

Lord of Rapture
2009-10-09, 04:49 AM
This thread has gone to a very weird place...

Gone to? It's the tollbooth operator on the highway of insanity.

Anyway, forum tradition demands that we make a visual novel using all of the dreams here. So, how do we write about a Michael Bay movie involving computer hacking, Batman, Code Geass, Haruhi, and Yu-gi-Oh?

pita
2009-10-09, 04:59 AM
While they're all drumming!

Kris Strife
2009-10-09, 05:23 AM
Oddly enough, as a child, Godzilla 1985 gave me the same reoccurring nightmares involving Superman comics (which I never read), with the narration and lines being read by the old cartoon voices. The scary part? All the images were done by human skeletons embedded in dry, cracked red clay.

Reoccurring dreams with out obvious stimuli? One where I'm standing on the edge of a canyon, at sunset as a large herd of dinosaurs are charging towards me and raising a large amount of dust, as well as one where I was a super hero who could disassemble his atomic structure and pass through objects or alter his form at will. With the second, I always woke up at the same place in the dream, right before the ending. I finally got to finish it and I stopped having the dream.

Solaris
2009-10-09, 05:37 AM
:smalleek:

Can't I just help you murder Michael Bay? 'Cause I'd be all for that.

No, no. The Moustache Man works alone.

littlequietguy
2009-10-09, 11:15 AM
Example from my dream:
You edit together a Plastic Man comic book using previous imagery. Also Oots updated.

Many of my dreams are ended like this.

Mr. Scaly
2009-10-09, 11:43 AM
The trailer had come out for the next Batman movie, and although it was set in the Nolan-verse, Christopher Nolan wasn't directing it; Michael Bay was. And Batman was dual-wielding pistols.

And the worst part was I had to explain to people why this was a BAD thing.

Oh, the horror...

That may be more eye twitching that the thread about an American movie that has the nerve to steal Death Note's good name...

Mystic Muse
2009-10-09, 03:22 PM
Well since we're trying to make this dream a combo of weird dreams how's this one?

Last night in a dream I was a girl instead of a guy. a hot girl.:smalleek: