PDA

View Full Version : Bayonetta

Vic_Sage
2009-10-08, 03:47 PM
Been looking forward to this game for a long ass time, finally got to try the PS3 & 360 Demos at a friends house.

My impressions so far:

http://geeksyndicate.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/bayonetta-witch.jpg

- I love the game. controls feel very familiar, yet different from what I'm normally used to. They feel great. Love all the ways you can mix and match her moves and weapons (you can switch weapons on the fly a la devil may cry).

- The fighting, oh, the fighting. It's so nice and crazy. the demo gives you two weapons to switch between, her 4 derringer pistols, and then a katana and 2 shotguns attached to her feet. All of them yield awesome combos, things like making giant hair fists or hair stilettos appear out of thin air. also, when you charge the gauge up, you can make the giant hair dragon thing appear and chomp down on whatever fools cross your path. It's all very fluid and satisfying. also, on the bigger enemies, when you kill them, you also have the option of picking up and using their weapons. one of them, you get a poleaxe from. the special kick attack with that one is she jams the pole onto the ground and starts spinning on it like a pole dancer, kicking whatever is around her, and you can increase the radius of the spin with your left stick. Very cool.

- just found out about torture moves. you can make things like iron maidens or guillotines appear and force your enemies into them if you get your combo up and fill up the gauge under your health bar.

- The look and atmosphere. It's everything i was expecting and then some. it's great. Also, fighting on the not just the floor, but the walls and the ceiling itself was really fun.

- I don't see what the people who were talking about with the PS3's graphical issues, there was a bit of screen tearing and some framerate slowdown, but nothing major and all that is getting fixed right now hence the games delay.

as it stands right now, I'm very tempted to pick up the Japanese PS3 version. (all dialogue is in English anyway, and the controls are for the most part laid out in English in the tutorial, so it shouldn't be too hard to follow, aside from menus.) Is what I would do if for some godforsaken reason Sega didn't region lock the ****ing game on the PS3.

Just discovered the taunt button, best quote of the night

"I've got a fever, and the only cure is more dead angels." - Bayonetta :smallbiggrin: I love this game.

Vic_Sage
2009-10-09, 01:42 PM
Note to self, GITP aint a fan of Bayonetta. Oh well, heres a link to the main site in case anyone was interested and just didn't feel like replying.

http://bayonetta.jp/

Myatar_Panwar
2009-10-09, 01:44 PM
I was interested in this game, but then I realized that with some many other awesome titles coming this fall, I would have to make choices.

One of them being to not follow this game anymore...

Comet
2009-10-09, 01:48 PM
I'd be all over this if it came out for the PC.
Console exclusivity is such a foe.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-09, 03:10 PM
I remember watching the trailer. What I remember was "Devil May Cry, except with magic and gun shoes, and on (even more) crack." I surmise from this that my first impression was accurate?

Tavar
2009-10-09, 03:15 PM
I remember watching the trailer. What I remember was "Devil May Cry, except with magic and gun shoes, and on (even more) crack." I surmise from this that my first impression was accurate?

Probably LSD as well.

Vic_Sage
2009-10-09, 03:16 PM
Made by the Devil May Cry team. And yeah, the ****ing combat is even more insane than DMC. Hope there is a crossover between the two games later on. Hell the developers even like the idea of a DantexBayonetta pairing.

Kara Kuro
2009-10-09, 03:29 PM
I played the demo at a friend's yesterday. A little psyched.
The game looks like it's gonna be rather exciting. Coupled with the fact that my new roommate has way too much money on his hands and really wants to play Demon's Souls so my broke ass'll have access to a PS3.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-10-09, 03:43 PM
Giant Bomb did a quicklook (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-bayonetta-demo/17-1480/).

Noticed it while I was checking out the DA:O quick look.

edit: Fixed

Cleverdan22
2009-10-09, 07:38 PM
I played it at San Diego Comic Con this year. Very fun. Lots of better games coming out around the same time, so I'll probably hold off for a while, but this game will be mine at some point. It's far to ridiculous and amazing for me to not get it.