2009-10-09, 09:36 AM
The Rules

Rise of Rome
Affiliations:
The Senate
Imperial Security (Masons)
The Legions (Werewolves)
The Citizenry
There would be X members of the senate, each with different loyalties. (Some loyal to themselves, some loyal to the senate, and at least one who's loyal to the legions...) There would also be a political aspect as the senate gets to vote on various laws that would affect the game. (Nothing TOO complex, mind you.) The senate's objective would be to eliminate traitors within their midst, and to assert control over the legions, (via the usual way, of course... Lynching, public execution, whatever). The Legions objectives would be of course to overthrow the senate and establish their alpha as Caeser.

Roles:
Senate:
Praetor - (Special) - Carries extra influence regarding laws *
Can veto/revoke 1 law every 3 days
Law Votes count as 3.
Speaker of the Senate - Seer
Senate Security – Baner

The Twist - These roles are actually voted on by the members of the senate. (Thus, the one loyal to the Legions could find themselves actually being the seer, or the baner. (They of course DO NOT know the identity of the legion's members at the start!)) Given the election idea, killing the one who holds the role merely triggers a new vote for the role, all of which is done via PM to the narrators.
* Special - if a Pro-legion member of the senate is elected to the position, and there are at least twice as many legion members than senate members, the game is over with a legion victory. (Makes sense, considering that's pretty much how it went historically...)
Legion:
Julius Caeser - Legion Alpha
Tacitus - Legion Devil
Augustus - Affiliation Seer (Ie, can only see senate member's affiliation)
Devil & Affiliation Seer are chosen by Caeser
LEGION DOES NOT KNOW PRO-LEGION MEMBERS OF SENATE AT START OF GAME!

Citizenry - I'm not so sure the Lover's role belongs in this game... so I'm at a loss for any citizenry roles.... I suppose that the senate could be expanded by a public election, and the player with the most votes finds themselves elected to the senate.
Note: - The Senate would be known to all players at the start of the game, as that is key to the flavour of the game. In order to counteract the advantage this would give to the legions, the following rule would be in effect - No Senate member could be killed by the legions until the Imperial Security is eliminated. (Senate members could still by lynched of course.) Should a senate member be targeted, the attack is ineffective.
Laws: These are special conditions that can influence the game either positively or negatively. One law shall be randomly proposed during each day face. The senate can vote laws into the constitution, spend time debating (Pass on law passing) or in the case of the Praetor, veto or revoke. In order to keep things far, and so that this particular feature can be implemented in later games with reasonable ease, the system will work as follows: I, in consultation with the other narrators, will make a deck of cards, (Which will only physically exist in my possession) which will be shuffled each time a new law is to be voted into order. The laws will include such things as:

(Here's the list. Further Details will be provided when they come up.)

Note: Instead of 20 different cards, There will be multiples of each in the deck - makes it a little easier on me for later games too.

The numbers to the left are how many there are in the deck.

1 - Public Execution
1 - Senate Disbanded
1 - Emergency Power
2 - Martial Law
2 - Military Reforms
1 - Curse of the Gods
1 - Herme's Blessing
1 - Power of the Pagan Gods
3 - The Tribes are Revolting
2 - Trade Mission
3 - Conquerer
2 -Barbarian Invasion

Rome, 50 BC.

The lands are in chaos. The Gauls threaten the northern borders, and the senate is crippled by backstabbing and corruption. Everywhere you look, it appears as if the gods have abandoned the people. Rumours come in from the north that Ceaser is on the march, and he intends to conquer Rome itself. The people are divided, some are loyal to the senate, others to the legion. Civil war could easily break out at any time. Time will tell which side shall stand, and which side shall fall. The Senate has been disbanded, and the time is right for fresh elections!

Player List

Aemoh
Alarra
billtodamax
Cpt. Soup
DarklightDragon
Dirk Kris
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
Elm11
Fin
Fleeing Coward
Freshmeat
Geesi
Gothicbob
Grim ranger
Helgraf
Hyozo
Kyouhen
Lamech
Lord Herman
Murska
Opeth Freak
Reinholdt
Shadowcaller
Shadowhisper
Smuchmuch
Supagoof
TehSheen
The Bookworm
The Fiery Tower
Tired N’ Drowzy
Zar Peter

Elections begin for Senate Appointments - Now.

Reinholdt
2009-10-09, 09:12 PM
So... we just choose three people to elect for those three roles and vote for them? Or are there more we should choose?

TehSheen
2009-10-09, 09:42 PM
The game thread is here! Time to go have a good ol' time.

Murska
2009-10-09, 09:46 PM
Choose me as seer! No?

Well, baner? No?

Praetor?

Aww...

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-09, 09:51 PM
...Who are the senators? That might help :P

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-09, 10:29 PM
Anyone can be elected to senator. That's the point. The problem is, there are only 8 seats on the senate. Thus, the 8 people who have the most votes get on the senate. From those 8 players, the senate roles are decided.

((In the event of a tie, the narrators will flip a coin or something.))

Please put your votes for senators in Blue. Thank you.

Reinholdt
2009-10-09, 10:39 PM
Aemoh for senate.

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-09, 10:51 PM
Tired N' Drowzy

This game looks cool, and I want to be a real part of it.

I'm a commoner, by the way, so no silly business. The senator we elect to seer can scan me if they really want.

(Unless I change to a senator anyways, in which case it wouldn't matter).

Murska
2009-10-09, 10:58 PM
Murska. :smallbiggrin:

Aemoh
2009-10-10, 12:10 AM
Aemoh for senate.

Eh? I got on unsolicited vote? Awesome :smallbiggrin:

The rest of you should totally follow his lead and vote Aemoh for Senate. I'm easy to bribe too, and isn't that what you need in a Senator?

Helgraf
2009-10-10, 12:57 AM
Player List

Aemoh
Alarra
billtodamax
Cpt. Soup
DarklightDragon
Dirk Kris
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
Elm11
Fin
Fleeing Coward
Freshmeat
Geesi
Gothicbob
Grim ranger
Helgraf
Hyozo
Kyouhen
Lamech
Lord Herman
Murska
Opeth Freak
Reinholdt
Shadowcaller
Shadowhisper
Smuchmuch
Supagoof
TehSheen
The Bookworm
The Fiery Tower
Tired N’ Drowzy
Zar Peter

Elections begin for Senate Appointments - Now.

Elect Supagoof, Freshmeat, and Helgraf to the senate.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-10, 03:32 AM
Yes, y'all can have three votes for who gets to be senate(remember, in blue) so that we don't come short on senators.
Good initiative, Helgraf.
/hopes EK won't get mad at him for making decisions. :P

Zar Peter
2009-10-10, 04:04 AM
I elect:
Dr. Bath (it's always good to have a Doktor around. And he made one of my avatars)
Lord Herman (it's always good to have a Lord around. And he made my avatar)
Supagoof (What shall I say, he's Supa)

Murska
2009-10-10, 04:10 AM
Three votes? Murska and Murska then.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-10, 05:11 AM
If Murska can do that, then Fleeing Coward, Fleeing Coward and Fleeing Coward :smallbiggrin:

The Bookworm
2009-10-10, 05:15 AM
Aemoh, Helgraf, and Myself (Bookworm).

smuchmuch
2009-10-10, 05:25 AM
Dr bath., and whoever will give me the best offers, my two remaining votes are for sale.

Murska
2009-10-10, 05:39 AM
On the offchance I CAN'T vote for myself three times, Fleeing Coward and Shadowcaller.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-10, 05:42 AM
On the off chance I can't vote for myself 3 times, Murska and Lamech

Alarra
2009-10-10, 05:45 AM
Hmmm.....Alarra, Supagoof, Freshmeat

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-10, 07:13 AM
For fairness sake: You can only vote one person one time.

So you can't vote yourself three times or somebody else three times.

And yes, you can vote yourself.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-10, 07:36 AM
Fellow citizens of Rome, I'm glad so many of you have gathered here today.
The recent expansion of our empire have brought many riches to our fair city, no doubt about it, but now the outlying regions show their true price.
We have stretched our borders - the barbarians of the north and east are raiding our fortifications, and I might add that from what I've heard they're not entirely unaided by our new subjects!
Soldiers cost gold, and so does their armour and weapons. And they will cost even more now when the expansion is at an halt and they can't count on the fortunes of war.
The gold we've been brought is as we speak seeping back out in the outer provinces, draining Rome in the process!

The prices are already rising, even the price of bread is outrageous, even here, in Urbs aeterna - the centre of the civilised world!
We have some of the most fertile earth around Mare Nostrum, now we must cultivate it to feed our people!

My opinion on the matter is therefore that it is the time to cut our losses and retreat from Aquitania, Lugdenuansis and Belgica to more defensible positions in the south.
Let the sons who gets slayed at our poorly protected borders return home and work for a stronger and prosperous republic, lets rebuild the city of Rome to match its famed splendour!

Viam inveniam aut faciam.
- Rudolphus Tsofus

Lamech
2009-10-10, 09:29 AM
On the off chance I can't vote for myself 3 times, Murska and Open for Bribes
Lamech, Fleeing Coward, and ....

Reinholdt
2009-10-10, 10:00 AM
Then.

Aemoh (Already voted for him)
Elder Tsofu
Zar Peter (Didn't vote for himself.)

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 10:02 AM
Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Lend me your votes! The golden age of Roma seems to draw to a close.

This is not so! While this is a time of strife as terrible as any our forefathers have seen, we carry in our blood the indomitable spirit of Aeneas, of flaming shield and shining helm. If we cannot live through this time despair we cannot call ourselves sons of the seven hills, we cannot call ourselves Romans. We must drive the traitorous curs from the walls of Roma and so begin a new golden age.

Trusted men are needed in the Senate to achieve this goal. Corruption and decadence plague our fair city and our once glorious senate. As one descended from the original 100 selected by Romulus to help Govern and to act as the will of the people I am ideally suited to this most important position.

I Medicus Balineum, give my unbreakable oath to serve the people of Roma and the Senate with respect for the citizenry, modesty and decorum.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-10, 10:05 AM
I'm pulling out. Seems too complicated, although it probly isn't, and RL is harsh.

TehSheen
2009-10-10, 10:25 AM
I shall vote Fleeing Coward, Helgraf, and myself as members of the Senate.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 10:39 AM
Why aren't you voting for me? You should vote for me. Remember those zombie times? When I didn't just leave you to die ever? I am trustworthy and everything. Unlike that fleeing coward. He was the baroness in fatbelly. Very untrustworthy.

Cpt. Soup
2009-10-10, 10:43 AM
Lets see, Murska, Elder Tsofu , and Dr. Bath.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-10, 10:46 AM
I agree that virtute et armis sound well, but although honour is cheap weapons are not.
The senates coffers rattle empty, people are hungering in the streets while our legions get massacred by barbarians - surely this is not the time for a new advance of no purpose?

Lamech
2009-10-10, 11:02 AM
Dr. Baths I give you my vote... maybe

Freshmeat
2009-10-10, 11:18 AM
Freshmeat
Alarra
Supagoof

Senate members are unkillable until the masons die. Veteran players are often targeted early on. Sounds comboriffic to me.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 11:24 AM
This whole thing... it seems hells risky. What if we elect actual members of the legion (not to mention multiple legion affiliates) to the senate? If we just pick people at random we could end up giving away the power roles to the wolves and they could win almost instantly. Personally I want to see what people say before giving them the opportunity to have massive power over the game.

Fleeing Coward and Murska both voting for themselves three times gives me the jibblies. It's just... I just don't trust either of them ever. And considering we got a choice for affiliation it could well be that they are pro-legion.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-10, 11:38 AM
Dubium sapientiae initium, Medicus Balineum.
But you are right, we wouldn't like to have the senate of the people ruled by the iron-glowed fist.

Your claim of noble heritage to further your right to rule was a wise one, the generals wouldn't bother and just seize it by power.

Cedant arma togae.
Medicus Balineum (Dr. Bath)

Kyouhen
2009-10-10, 11:54 AM
Three votes eh?

I vote for Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

Wait, I can't vote for the same person 3 times. ...Crap...

I'll just be voting for Murska, Cpt. Soup and Reinholdt before fleeing very, very far away from here.

smuchmuch
2009-10-10, 12:20 PM
completing my votes: I vote for Dr Bath, myself and maybe Fleeing Chicken

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-10, 04:15 PM
Freshmeat
Alarra
Supagoof

Senate members are unkillable until the masons die. Veteran players are often targeted early on. Sounds comboriffic to me.

I finally saw this part of the rules. What's to stop all the masons from becoming Senators and break the game?

TehSheen
2009-10-10, 04:34 PM
That...is a good point. On an another note: Vote for me, and I shall protect you from zombies, vampires, and werewolves. Protection not guaranteed, on account of natural instinct to protect self.

smuchmuch
2009-10-10, 05:05 PM
I finally saw this part of the rules. What's to stop all the masons from becoming Senators and break the game?

I could be wrong but I think it's pretty much assumed taht the senate members cannot elect themselves as power roles. they choose who willbe among the other players, hence why the risk is so important to choose a legion member when electing the seer or the banner

Lamech
2009-10-10, 05:17 PM
I thought it was assumed senate security wouldn't protect themselves. That they lost there magic powers upon being selected by the gods for senate ship. On another note: The power roles like the baner and what not... they go to normal citizens right? NOT the senate?

Aemoh
2009-10-10, 06:18 PM
For my other two votes:

The Bookworm & Reinholdt (Cause they voted for me)

TFT
2009-10-10, 06:22 PM
Myself, Fleeing Coward, and Helgraf sounds good to me.

Elm11
2009-10-10, 07:23 PM
Myself, Aemoh and Fleeing rooster

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 07:33 PM
I thought it was assumed senate security wouldn't protect themselves. That they lost there magic powers upon being selected by the gods for senate ship. On another note: The power roles like the baner and what not... they go to normal citizens right? NOT the senate?

No the whole point is that they go to the senate (With names like Praetor what do you expect?). That's why making the most conniving and manipulative people in this forum's group of werewolf players... not the best plan in my opinion.

@FC so all the masons get into power and completely fill the senate (probably impossible as I doubt there are more than five masons) this would mean that the senate is instantly vulnerable to wolf kills. And if there are less masons than the maximum number of senate seats you still have a chance of nasties slipping in and nabbing the roles. Remember one being affiliated with the legion is guaranteed even if that means converting a mason I presume. A mason being voted to senator status is not the best plan as it reduce the senate's protection. Maybe one mason would be ok, but more than that would screw over the pro-not-legion factions massively. Even one Senator mason is one less turn until the senate gets picked off and filled with wolves.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-10, 08:01 PM
@FC so all the masons get into power and completely fill the senate (probably impossible as I doubt there are more than five masons) this would mean that the senate is instantly vulnerable to wolf kills. And if there are less masons than the maximum number of senate seats you still have a chance of nasties slipping in and nabbing the roles. Remember one being affiliated with the legion is guaranteed even if that means converting a mason I presume. A mason being voted to senator status is not the best plan as it reduce the senate's protection. Maybe one mason would be ok, but more than that would screw over the pro-not-legion factions massively. Even one Senator mason is one less turn until the senate gets picked off and filled with wolves.

I don't see where in the rules that say one of the senate members must be pro legion.
I'm under the assumption that since senate members are invulnerable to getting killed as long as a mason lives, if all the masons get elected to senate then we'd virtually have an invulnerable senate that gets a scry and a bane a day unless I'm missing something.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 08:15 PM
....each with different loyalties. (Some loyal to themselves, some loyal to the senate, and at least one who's loyal to the legions...) ....

And I'm thinking the narrators aren't going to let the senate be completely unkillable forever (and that would be the case if even one mason was a senator by your reckoning). The reasoning being that you can't do two jobs (roles) at a time. And the narrators can do what they like to stop the game breaking, especially this early in the game. Losing your previous role when you get a new one is fairly standard practice anyway (with recruitments etc.)

There could be an advantage of having a mason in the senate, since at the very least they could pass information they may gain from getting a role (maybe) to the other masons, or know who to protect or whatever. I just can't see the narrators letting one of the people you need to kill to stop some people being unkillable being well unkillable. You could still lynch, sure, but that's gonna be next to impossible to pull off on the wolves part.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-10, 08:20 PM
And I'm thinking the narrators aren't going to let the senate be completely unkillable forever (and that would be the case if even one mason was a senator by your reckoning). The reasoning being that you can't do two jobs (roles) at a time. And the narrators can do what they like to stop the game breaking, especially this early in the game. Losing your previous role when you get a new one is fairly standard practice anyway (with recruitments etc.)

There could be an advantage of having a mason in the senate, since at the very least they could pass information they may gain from getting a role (maybe) to the other masons, or know who to protect or whatever. I just can't see the narrators letting one of the people you need to kill to stop some people being unkillable being well unkillable. You could still lynch, sure, but that's gonna be next to impossible to pull off on the wolves part.

They'll probably do something to stop it but I'm just saying that with the rules as is, whoever the masons are can just come out, get elected and win the game on day 1 :smallbiggrin:

Also for your solution of having the masons lose their old role when they get elected - have 1 mason not been in senate, former "masons" gains baner control, baner protects non senate mason - still an invulnerable network :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 08:31 PM
They might not win by day 1. The wolves could pull it out the bag. The plebs are notoriously big and fickle when it comes to lynching the notorious thugs that are the legion hidden within the senate. It would be an everyday struggle for the legion but the sky's the limit when it comes to wolfy plans.
why am I referencing biggie smalls songs. I am too tired.
Sounds like wolf tactics to me, this getting rid of pro-villager game breaking mechanics! :smalltongue:

But like I said, there ain't gonna be enough masons to fill out the whole senate, there's still a 50/50 chance of the masons getting the baner role. The narrators just need to skew it a bit. Or turn someone else into another mason :P

Murska
2009-10-10, 08:31 PM
Well I was a mason the first time the role PMs for this game were sent out. Does that count?

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-10, 08:53 PM
They might not win by day 1. The wolves could pull it out the bag. The plebs are notoriously big and fickle when it comes to lynching the notorious thugs that are the legion hidden within the senate. It would be an everyday struggle for the legion but the sky's the limit when it comes to wolfy plans.
why am I referencing biggie smalls songs. I am too tired.
Sounds like wolf tactics to me, this getting rid of pro-villager game breaking mechanics! :smalltongue:

But like I said, there ain't gonna be enough masons to fill out the whole senate, there's still a 50/50 chance of the masons getting the baner role. The narrators just need to skew it a bit. Or turn someone else into another mason :P

I'm not getting rid of game breaking mechanics, I'm just trying to plain break the game :smallbiggrin:

If the masons all come out in the open and get elected then there's pretty much a 100% chance of them getting all 3 roles in the senate since no legion/pro legon would be stupid enough to vote against them :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2009-10-10, 09:03 PM
Well revealing it now just means they're gonna fix it. No game breaking for you!

Ooh, didn't see that the senators voted on the roles.

The way I would've done would have been to give out the mason roles after the election. (maybe even legion roles, but probably not. t'aint necessary) To people who were neither elected nor any other role or negative affiliation.

@murska: No.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-10, 10:35 PM
A note on affiliations.

The faction you are affiliated with, is the one you are SUPPOSED to want to win. I have no issue if some people are more interested in the chaos by not playing according to their affiliation, but really, who would POSSIBLY do such a thing? :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-10-10, 10:37 PM
Yes, who indeed... :smallbiggrin:

Guancyto
2009-10-10, 10:40 PM
Hmm.

Dr. Bath, Elder Tsofu and Alarra.

Lamech
2009-10-11, 12:49 AM
Hey if I'm loyal to the senate, does that mean I want the wolves to win if they control the senate?

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-11, 02:19 AM
Probably not as their goal is to overthrow it.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-11, 03:13 AM
The legion is marching......Their footsteps can be heard in the distance...
Warily you throw a glance at your neighbour, you don't know who you can trust these days...

(Lamech, no, the legion will overthrow the system and such. The senate's goal is the maintain the current powerstructure and such. The legion wants CHAOS. >.>

If you're loyal to the senate but still want chaos, I recommend joining some KAOS games and being Lawfull here.

Also, Fleeing, if you're going to suggest breaking the game, again. Then no soup for you!:smalltongue:)

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-11, 04:20 AM
The legion is marching......Their footsteps can be heard in the distance...
Warily you throw a glance at your neighbour, you don't know who you can trust these days...

(Lamech, no, the legion will overthrow the system and such. The senate's goal is the maintain the current powerstructure and such. The legion wants CHAOS. >.>

If you're loyal to the senate but still want chaos, I recommend joining some KAOS games and being Lawfull here.

Also, Fleeing, if you're going to suggest breaking the game, again. Then no soup for you!:smalltongue:)

Is that a mandate to break the game? :smallbiggrin:

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-11, 10:46 AM
Well I was a mason the first time the role PMs for this game were sent out.The Murska constant says you're wrong.

Fleeing Coward, Elder Tsofu

Cpt. Soup
2009-10-11, 11:08 AM

You heard that monster, Fleeing Coward, we won't be able to be together anymore!

TehSheen
2009-10-11, 03:56 PM
Murska is always a wolf. Always.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-11, 04:12 PM
Is that a mandate to break the game? :smallbiggrin:

I'l let you know, that I make delicious mushroom soup...

DarkLightDragon
2009-10-12, 10:29 AM
Hm... Hopefully I can fake having an attention span well enough to actually play this...

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-12, 03:34 PM
Tsofus walked the streets alone, not being able to sleep. Or rather he would have if the times didn't demand the company of a few of his trusted guards.
Distressing rumours had come from the north, rumours about a successful general called... what was it again, ah yes - Julius.
Although Tsofus did know in his heart that no general would be so foolish to attempt the crossing, others weren't as sure - and unsure people could get dangerous ideas.
A hoarse voice suddenly calls out: Pax tecum!
Interrupted in his thoughts by the call from aside the street Tsofus stopped.
Out of the shadows, pain showing, stepped someone who unmistakeably were a beggar.
His hair was unkempt and long, tangling to much for even the most persistent comb-wielder, and he was dressed in unmatching ragged clothing which certainly weren't his size.
His name was Deo, or that was at-least what he called himself. More importantly he was one of Tsofus informers.
Out of his several informers Tsofus held Deo in quite high regard as the beggar was truthful and had a knack for knowing the general plebeians state of mind.
Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui; Deo - why do you approach me like this?
I've heard tidings of an approaching...
And so have everyone else, ad rem! Tsofus snaped irritably.
There are those who would benefit if the rumours become true, those who'd take matters into their own hands to "clear the path" as to say.
Take appropriate steps.
Tsofus stayed silent for a moment and then untied his pouch.
You've done me a service today, but I'm going to ask for more.
Take these denarius and sestertius and try to find names, if you are successful there will be more silver in reward.
But how will I contact you oh generous master? Deus said this with just a hint of mockery in his voice.
I will send a guard down to the Rostra every second day when the sun has reached its zenith, now leave.

During his walk home Tsofus pondered about the danger of propagating for the reduction of the northern legions, and if his family would be more secure out of Rome itself.
But most he wondered about who to trust, silver would usually buy most loyalties - but if Rome itself was on stake that wouldn't be enough.
Far from it.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-12, 03:51 PM
Elder Tsofu, Freshmeat and Alarra

Robert Blackletter
2009-10-13, 11:21 AM
Opeth_Freak, Murska and Fleeing Coward

Dr. Bath
2009-10-13, 11:30 AM
Eldar Tsofu
Zar Peter
Dr. Bath

All these votes for Supagoof (who has yet to set foot in this thread, Alarra and Freashmeat (who have voted and that's it) seem a bit suspicious. We need active and vocal senators otherwise the whole system collapses.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-13, 12:20 PM
Please note: There will be no public claiming of roles, for two reasons: 1, the power roles will be known anyway, and 2. Most narrators seem to be putting similar rules in place in other games.

Alarra
2009-10-13, 12:43 PM
We need active and vocal senators otherwise the whole system collapses.
I'm active and vocal, just haven't felt a need to be so yet this thread. :smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2009-10-13, 12:48 PM
But there is a need. There is a need for data to analyse (even a tiny bit) whether or not people are anti-senate or not. Having the leaders of the vote say nothing is just really not helpful when trying to stop wolves from infiltrating the senate.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-13, 01:47 PM
Ah, yes - I can say that the reason I've only used 1 of my votes is that there have only been one who have made a serious attempt at getting elected.
So there are still 2 votes left if one want to make an attempt to grab them.
(Vote as you like, this is just my way)

Btw, when do elections close?

Supagoof
2009-10-13, 02:36 PM
Freshmeat
Alarra
Supagoof
*snip*

Sure, I'll take some of that.

Freshmeat
Alarra
Supagoof

As for being active and vocal, well I'm not currently in any other games right now so being active in this one is my only focus. Plus YOW4 doesn't start for another month. :smallwink:

And the thread like what, a few days old? So my absence to this point can be blamed on my Supa celebtration of my birthday last week which exploded into the weekend, and also the fact that my local teams have/had been kicking much but in their respective sports. However, the birthday has passed and the Twins are no longer in the playoffs, so expect much more activity from me.

And shame on your Dr. Bath for kicking a man while he's not around. That seems like a cowardly act to me, and we don't need any cowards in the Senate!

So what have you my friends - A coward who'll stab you in the back (Et Tu, Bath'e?) or a hero who'll lead the fight?

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-13, 02:51 PM
The election will close on Thursday, at 11 AM EST.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-13, 02:57 PM
Thanks. :smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2009-10-13, 03:02 PM
In a normal game you would've missed the first day and night! I am just raising concerns. You were used purely as an example. Doesn't mean no one should vote for you when you do turn up, but voting for 'that guy, he's my friend, I'll vote for him' doesn't stop the legion getting in the senate. In fact it's tantamount to corruption! :P You go politiciany for all of five minutes and people start calling you cowardly. Roma these days!
I would probably say that it's more like stabbing someone whilst an omen from the gods (in our favour) distracts. Not so much backstabbing.

A little quick to cry treachery I think. I call for lucid and wise voting from the populace and you say I slip poison into the aqueducts. The work of a feverish mind, touched by the moon, my physician would say.

Also happy birthday.

Supagoof
2009-10-13, 03:21 PM
In a normal game you would've missed the first day and night! I am just raising concerns. You were used purely as an example. Doesn't mean no one should vote for you when you do turn up, but voting for 'that guy, he's my friend, I'll vote for him' doesn't stop the legion getting in the senate. In fact it's tantamount to corruption! :P You go politiciany for all of five minutes and people start calling you cowardly. Roma these days!
I would probably say that it's more like stabbing someone whilst an omen from the gods (in our favour) distracts. Not so much backstabbing.

A little quick to cry treachery I think. I call for lucid and wise voting from the populace and you say I slip poison into the aqueducts. The work of a feverish mind, touched by the moon, my physician would say.

Also happy birthday.Well Alarra is my friend, so I know why she voted for me. Thanks Alarra!

Freshmeat I'm not 100% sure of, except for his help in getting me lynched in other games I was involved in might be his reasoning. And I do like his consideration as for being an older player who gets killed early and often, as that has rung a familiar bell way to often for me lately in WW games I've been involved in.

And I used the term backstabbing because I just wanted to say Et Tu, Bath'e. :smallbiggrin:

Et Tu, Tsofu rhymes, but it doesn't start with a B.
Neither does
Et Tu, FC.
Et Tu, TnD.
Et Tu, Murska
etc...

So your name just fits. :smallamused:

And in a normal game, true, I would have missed the first day and maybe night (oh no, no point analysis from or on the Goof), but I wouldn't be in danger of autolynch. And this isn't a normal game. :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-13, 04:43 PM
Et tu, Gofus?

Wait...
I'm not Cesar...

Wait...
I'm not playing.

Oh crap, I'm co-narrating.:smalltongue:

Cpt. Soup
2009-10-13, 06:08 PM
Et Tu, Et Tu, Et Tu...

I look at this and all I can think is why is Supagoof quoting a tyrant and traitor to our glorious republic? Is that not suspicious? After some consideration I have decided to change my current vote to include Dr Brutus Bath, as the future savior of the senate.

Current status:

Dr Bath
Elder Tsofu
Murska

Supagoof
2009-10-14, 09:16 AM
I look at this and all I can think is why is Supagoof quoting a tyrant and traitor to our glorious republic? Is that not suspicious? After some consideration I have decided to change my current vote to include Dr Brutus Bath, as the future savior of the senate.

Current status:

Dr Bath
Elder Tsofu
Murska
I'm just searching for those that would stab our glorious Rome in the back but supporting those who are the seeds of corruption and tyranny into positions of authority.

by rule of the Murska constant (MurskaIsAlwaysAWolf) alone your are condeming us to a dictatorship. :smalltongue:

((And also because I need to refresh my memory on what happened so long ago in Rome. I only remember that Brutus was a backstabber, and also stuff from the movie Gladiator however historically inaccurate that is.))

Reinholdt
2009-10-14, 11:08 AM
I'm just searching for those that would stab our glorious Rome in the back but supporting those who are the seeds of corruption and tyranny into positions of authority.

by rule of the Murska constant (MurskaIsAlwaysAWolf) alone your are condeming us to a dictatorship. :smalltongue:

((And also because I need to refresh my memory on what happened so long ago in Rome. I only remember that Brutus was a backstabber, and also stuff from the movie Gladiator however historically inaccurate that is.))
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Motivational%20Posters/MurskaPoster-1.jpg

Dirk Kris
2009-10-14, 11:28 AM
Supagoof
Dr. Bath
Helgraf

Alarra
2009-10-14, 01:28 PM
Well Alarra is my friend, so I know why she voted for me. Thanks Alarra!

I didn't vote for you because you're my friend, I voted for you because I think that it is a valid strategy to place people that are likely to be killed early (me, you) in a somewhat protected position. Also, I find you an excellent player and think that it would be in the best interest of everyone to place people that are more likely to be able to tease out the legionaries identities in the senate.

Hyozo
2009-10-15, 09:22 AM
I think it would be best if the senate include a doctor, an elder, and a captain.

Dr Bath
Elder Tsofu
Cpt. Soup

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-15, 01:47 PM
Elections are now closed.

Results pending.

Our 8 senate members are:

Dr. Bath with 10 votes
Fleeing Coward with 8
Elder Tsofu with 7
Helgraf with 6
Alarra with 5
Supagoof with 5
Freshmeat with 5
Murska with 5.

These are your legally appointed representatives, charged with the solemn duty of protecting the republic from those that would destroy it, both from within, and with out.

Now, Senate, amongst yourselves, you are charged to decide who gets what position.

Murska
2009-10-15, 02:05 PM
I think I should get all the positions. That'd be fair, right?

Supagoof
2009-10-15, 02:19 PM
I nominate Dr. Bath to be the Senate Security (baner). His push for senate may warrent him having some extra protection.

I'll also nominate Alarra for Speaker of the Senate (seer). Since it seems people share their roles with her in most games anyway, might as well make it so she can verify anyone who approaches her.

And for Praetor, I'll nominate Elder Tsofu. Might as well as have the wisdom of the "Elder" to help make decisions on which laws to pass.

TehSheen
2009-10-15, 02:24 PM
Well, due to the Murska constant, you're a wolf. And you also prove to be quite a tricky player. So no, it won't be fair for you to get all the positions. It would be quite fun to watch if you DID get all of the positions, though.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-15, 04:02 PM
Murska (---) And you also prove to be quite a tricky player.
>.>
<,<

Dr. Bath
Fleeing Coward
Elder Tsofu
Helgraf
Alarra
Supagoof
Freshmeat
Murska

>.>
<,<

Lamech
2009-10-15, 05:44 PM
Okay the baner should protect a mason every night, not himself. It will keep the senate nice and safe and make sure that they never die.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-15, 08:45 PM
But the senate doesn't know who the masons are, unless one of the senate is a mason. (possible but unlikely)

The suggestion I have is that if there is mason in the senate, they get the seer role. (claiming and conformation should definitely be done via inter-senate pms on this one) The baner protects the confirmer of the seer/mason, if they fail to do so they get lynched. Simple as. Of course there could well be no mason in the senate, then if so... I suggest not-murska as the seer. :smalltongue:

Praetor is less important as it removes laws/powers rather than gives them.

I'm fine with being baner, you can trust good ole bath to do the job.

TehSheen
2009-10-15, 09:05 PM
I'm guessing there is at least one mason in the Senate, because of the rules of probability. If there are 4 masons, 32 players total, and we elect 8 people to be in the senate, there is a mason in there. Which is pretty awesome for Team Good.

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-16, 12:35 AM
Do we actually know how many civilians are sided with Masons/Wolves/Senate? Because if masons and wolves are the same, then Masons might not actually be a 'Team Good'. More of a 'Team A'. Still, since they can't kill people and are trying not to eliminate people, they're the lesser of two evils. ROCK ROCK ON SENATE!

Murska
2009-10-16, 05:28 AM
Blah, fine, since people won't let me be seer or baner I'll go for the Praetor. :smallbiggrin:

Robert Blackletter
2009-10-16, 06:42 AM
Murska for Praetor. With his skills he soon spot the deplorable legion support's. and if he betrays us, by unjust law etc, then we simple vote him on to his eternal reward.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-16, 07:28 AM
Friends, romans!
Today is a day of joy and celebration, Roma locuta est, causa finita est!
The members of the senate might not be able to solve all our problems, but my goal is to persuade my fellow senators to a course of peace and prosperity for our magnificent city.

We need a leader of the Senate to set the course of action from here, our praetor need to be strong in his conviction about working for pro bono publico.
My fellow member of the senate, Supagoof, have seen it fit to nominate me for this honourable position.
I accept this nomination, and if the senate wants it so, then I will lead us through these times of hardship and let salus populi suprema lex esto.

Unfortunately this time of joy and celebration will end, the rouge general Julius is as we speak marching towards our city with the northern legions. Our legions!
I know I've propagated the retreat of the northern legions, and the gods seem to have listened to my reasoning, but Julius will not stop before the Alps. He will come for Rome.
But difficilia sunt ne sint.

Our first task is thus to repel this threat from inside, it sadly seems like si vis pacem, para bellum.
So we must muster the southern and western legions to come to our capitals aid.
Soldiers need someone who can inspire morale and pride in their cause - occasus belli they might need to fight old friends and relatives.
Therefore I support the nomination of the courageous Medicus Balineum, a man who can light the indomitable fire in our soldiers soul, for the position of the Senate Security.

But we must also elect one from our midst to the important position as the speaker for the Senate as a whole, one in possession of a silver tongue.
I'm still undecided in this, few of us seem as outspoken and caring with their words as would be needed.
Therefore I will return to my villa and think deeply about this.

Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio!
I support the nomination of me (Elder Tsofu) to Praetor from Supagoof.
I support the nominations of Medicus Balineum (Dr. Bath) for the "Senate Security".
I'm undecided about the Speaker of the Senate, when will elections close?

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-16, 08:02 AM
Supporting Murska for Praetor.
Supporting Dr. Bath for the Senate Security/Baner
Nominating Helgraf for Speaker of the Senate/Seer

Helgraf
2009-10-17, 01:17 AM
Actually, that's a good question. Is the senate vote for roles supposed to be public?

DarkLightDragon
2009-10-17, 12:42 PM
I should start paying more attention once the pointing starts...

Murska
2009-10-17, 01:01 PM
Supporting Helgraf for Speaker of the Senate/Seer

Fine with me.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-17, 03:35 PM
Actually, that's a good question. Is the senate vote for roles supposed to be public?

That was kinda the idea of having it elected, rather than assigned. Though, the voting for positions was SUPPOSED to be limited to those duly elected Senate officials.

TehSheen
2009-10-17, 04:21 PM
I'm not in the Senate, so my vote doesn't count, but Helgraf for Seer! :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2009-10-18, 12:46 AM
I nominate myself for Seer.
I nominate Dr. Bath for Baner
I nominate Elder Tsofu for Praetor

EDIT: Crap - have to check if we're allowed to claim roles or not.

EDIT 2: Okay, I see no prohibition. I'm a member of Imperial Security (the Masons). Our solemn desire is to see Rome safe in these troubled times. The other members of Imperial Security will surely call me out if I speak lies, and call out anyone else who tries to impersonate Imperial Security by calling me a liar falsely.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-18, 04:03 PM
In the evening, Tsofus sighed and put his head in his hands. He was getting nowhere - not even a glass of his best wine had lent him any insight as "in vino veritas" had led him to believe it should.
Although he found the truth in the saying "bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis", and was on his way through a second glass to help his quest when his youngest son unsteadily walked in.
Ludo was but 4 winters old and should by all rights be asleep by this time, but he was apparently intent on enjoying this brief respite to the fullest.
Driven by a sudden impulse Tsofus picked up and placed Ludo on his knee.
He knew that the youthful in their innocence sometimes saw things clear where older men didn't. So he asked Ludo whom of the candidates the vote should go to.
Ludo's answer was "peach".

A chuckling Tsofus carried the runaway to his mother and then took the decision.

Qui me amat, amat et canem meum.
I support the nomination of Helgraf to the position of "Speaker of the Senate".

Alarra
2009-10-18, 09:08 PM
Supporting Helgraf for Speaker of the Senate/Seer

This seems good. Oh...and just so people are aware...I am out of town for the next little more than a week. I will likely be on nearly every day, but far from my usual checking every couple hours or so. :smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2009-10-19, 08:22 AM
I nominate Helgraf for Seer.
I nominate Dr. Bath for Baner.
I nominate Elder Tsofu for Praetor.

As much as I trust Murska, I don't trust him at all.

billtodamax
2009-10-21, 02:34 PM
Hey all! Bill'll be away for three days or so. I'll be up at Brisbane and might get some internet access, but please don't auto me.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-21, 05:08 PM
Bill, I wouldn't worry about it. We're currently on day 0. Once the politics is out of the way, we will move on to day 1. Somehow, the Gods put everyone to sleep without any notice, so there will be no nocturnal activity until night 1. This is to ensure that any questions regarding rules can be dealt with and resolved without any weeping and gnashing of teeth.*

* To further prevent gnashing of teeth, we recommend proper dental care. Contact your local dental practioner for more information.**

** You have been forewarned. Sugar highs make me say strange things....

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-21, 07:00 PM
Is it day 1 yet, I'm just about to get killed in the other 2 games I'm in and I'm bored :smalltongue:

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-21, 08:20 PM
Hear the voice of the gods, and despair mortals!
We have long looked upon you and your failings with amusement. Now comes one who would seek to threaten the heavens themselves. Therefore, we have established order upon Rome, so that the forces of chaos may not threaten the Pax Romana.

Elder Tsofu , you have been chosen, nay, commisioned, to lead the senate. Your's is the power of the Praetor. Use it wisely, and guard Rome from it's foes.

Dr. Bath , you have been named the chief of Senate Security. Protect your fellow senators, and watch over this glorious city you call home.

Helgraf, to you we gift the position of Speaker of the Senate, and to better serve you we bestow upon you the gift of the Oracle. The sight beyond sight. Use it well, and seek out the forces of chaos that even now inflitrate this city.

As to the rest of you, who have been duly elected to the senate, your duty is to serve these people, to the best of your abilities, and to honor this city.

Our power wanes, and we can no longer hold the Chaos back. Protect yourselves. We shall be watching........

((And so, Day 1 began...))

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-22, 03:53 PM
*ahem*
Romans, today is the first day of the future - even our smallest actions will from now on determine the fate of our republic.
The voice of Rome has chosen its leaders, and amongst ourselves we have chosen three whom shall lead them, as firsts among equals.

Our first objective is to defend ourselves against the rouge general Julius - whom is fortunately still far away.
But we need to be united in this, supporters to the general will prepare his arrival by spreading distrust amongst us so we are unable to strike when the time comes!
For this reason we must prune the Roman tree of Julius supporters, or they will spread the rot.

It saddens me that our reign will have to begin with public trials and most probably also executions - but exitus acta probat.

It has come to my knowledge that the citizen TehSheen have been moving in suspicious circles.
Can anyone stand up for this man and prove my informants wrong?

Fugit irreparable tempus.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-23, 03:43 AM
*cough* *cough*
Oh sorry, this chilly weather must be bad for my throat - please continue.
(When does the day end?)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-23, 03:56 AM
Most likely, somewhere on saturday.

So people should really vote. I mean, you do want Rome to survive, don't you? :smallwink::smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-23, 04:02 AM
TehSheen, because the Praetor says so.

Robert Blackletter
2009-10-23, 04:59 AM
TehSheen
Cos there's no on else yet

Helgraf
2009-10-23, 05:31 AM
It is the first day. There isn't actually any evidence against anyone. However, I find this sudden rollout against TehSheen to be misguided.

I suggest we investigate Zar Peter instead.

Zar Peter
2009-10-23, 05:47 AM
Why me? Why not Hyozo?

Lamech
2009-10-23, 06:18 AM
Murska loves playing wolves. (Or at least he is good at it.) And we were allowed to pick our alligence. Therefore Murska is a wolf.

Cpt. Soup
2009-10-23, 08:13 AM
Murska loves playing wolves. (Or at least he is good at it.) And we were allowed to pick our alligence. Therefore Murska is a wolf.

Lamech, for daring to accuse one of our elected senators on the first day.

The Bookworm
2009-10-23, 08:43 AM
TehSheen, because the voice of the Praetor is paramount.

Reinholdt
2009-10-23, 10:45 AM
Lamech, for daring to accuse one of our elected senators on the first day.
Pfft. I didn't vote for him.
Murska

Supagoof
2009-10-23, 11:02 AM
Reinholdt, for not supporting his elected officials.

Murska
2009-10-23, 11:37 AM
Zar Peter for not being a mason.

Aemoh
2009-10-23, 11:54 AM
*points at The Bookworm*

Cause it's day 1.

TehSheen
2009-10-23, 02:58 PM
Murska, to defend myself.

Murska
2009-10-23, 03:20 PM
TehSheen, for pointing at someone who wasn't pointing at him to save himself. What's the, excuse the pun, point?

TehSheen
2009-10-23, 04:29 PM
You know, that's actually a very valid point. Gothicbob then.

Murska
2009-10-23, 05:22 PM
Zar Peter to encourage not pointing at me.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-23, 06:08 PM
Zar Peter because TehSheen's bandwagon sprung up way too fast.

TFT
2009-10-23, 11:06 PM
I honestly don't know who to vote for.

Teh Sheen hasn't done anything suspicious in my eyes, and neither has Zar Peter.

Zar Peter, to see how this goes.(I think this at least is close to evening up the bandwagons)

Kyouhen
2009-10-24, 10:16 AM
Reinholdt! No I have no idea why.

billtodamax
2009-10-25, 01:26 AM
Zar Peter *dances*

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-25, 03:48 AM
Day ends at 3 PM EST/ 9-ish GMT!
Be sure to get your vote in!

Freshmeat
2009-10-25, 08:36 AM
*points at Zarus Petrus*

Alarra
2009-10-25, 09:02 AM
hmm....Lamech, I think. For no reason other than I don't care to follow either of the bandwagons.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-25, 01:50 PM
Gothicbob for following orders of a higher ranking official without due thought and debate. A sure sign of a military man.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-25, 02:01 PM
Day 1 has ended. Votes are being tallied.

Zar Peter was executed by order the Senate Security Office, he was an Imperial Legionary.

Night 1 Begins now, and will end on Tuesday at Noon Est.

Murska
2009-10-25, 03:20 PM
That... was a wolf? Wasn't it? Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

TehSheen
2009-10-25, 03:26 PM
Day 1, and we've already taken down a wolf. Great!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-25, 03:48 PM
Lynch scene:

Sooooo?
Yeah, umm, senate people, we elected you. Who do we lynch?
Errr....
Hey, why don't we lynch that Sheenicus guy, what kind of name is TehSheen?
And why would we? How did you come to Sheen?
Errrr
All he does is stare at the skies all night, anyway!
As if questioning our gods, the gods! Lynch him!
Yeah!
Lynch him!
And he's really short!
What?
Well umm, like a curse of the gods or something?
That's silly, but lets lynch him anyway!

And in the end, the astronomers short legs were a curse of the gods.
He didn't outrun the lynch mob.
And we have drawn the blood of chaos, let this be a warning to any other dissidents. Order, Justice and all that is right will prevail!

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-25, 04:46 PM
A gentle drizzle of rain fell over Rome that evening, and in his villa Tsofus lay and reflected over his first day of office.
He'd found out that the mantle of command was a heavy burden, the responsibility...
But there was something, a little rush, when the assembled plebeians followed his lead with just the haziest of reasoning behind it.
Of course, all hadn't followed.
Senator Helgraf had stepped up in defence of the accused TehSheen, and with a speech which made Cicero green with envy he turned the tide.
Tsofus had been a bit unsure about Helgrafs proficiency in that area, but now he was sure beyond doubt.
Nihil in hominum genere rarius perfecto oratore inveniri potest, and of course - nothing more dangerous. He'd need to step carefully around that man from now on.

But Helgraf had not only turned the suspicion away from TehSheen, he had also given it a new aim in the astronomer Zarus Petrus.
The unlucky astronomer were brought in for questioning, and the questioners had got their confession. In the end.

Tsofus sipped the last of the wine and went to his chambers. Tomorrow the guards would bring a message to Deo, and hopefully come back with a report on the beggars progression.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur.

Helgraf
2009-10-26, 02:52 AM
Senator Helgraf was pleased by the events of the day; while the burden of the Oracle was a heavy one, it was one he would bear with honour in defense of Rome. He chose to take it as a good omen that the first order of investigation had turned up one of the traitor legionaries; the gods granted hope to the good citizens of Rome.

Imperial defense was strong - but the Speaker knew that it would be tested, and sorely so. He could not deny that the lure of Rome's power would serve as a popular intoxicant for those who struggled without power - or for whom the power they possessed was insufficent to their own desires.

It was his habit to take a walk in the night to clear his mind for the duties to come. While this habit was now supported by not-quite silent procession of Imperial Security for his safety, it was still conductive enough for his purposes.

This night, he went to pay respect to Gods for their unasked yet well appreciated guidance this day; to each of the major temples, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Jove, Saturn; aye, even to the night of Pluto, making donations at each and praying for guidance for Rome. Venus, Janus, Hestia ... here, he trod carefully, giving the priestesses their fair due, leaving also donation, and taking such counsel as they saw fit to offer, if any. The streets of minor gods and divis imperium - the gods of roman emporers past came last, before he at the last returned to his personal estate and settled himself in with a last quiet prayer to the gods of night and dreams. Morning would bring new troubles soon enough.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-26, 08:56 AM
There is still a vacant position within the senate. That of Affiliation seer, the enforcer of loyalty, though I have no idea of a romanesque title for this position, it was supposed to have been part of the election for positions. This is now open to elections, starting in the morning of Day 2. There will also be the first random event drawn. That is all.

Murska
2009-10-26, 09:02 AM
Awesome. Please let me have that since you outvoted me for Praetor? :smallsmile:

DarkLightDragon
2009-10-26, 09:16 AM
Aww... I finally remember to come on and vote, and miss the first day...

Dr. Bath
2009-10-26, 09:16 AM
I dunno. Personally I would really like the affiliation seer to be looking through all the senators for the traitor (of which there is at least one), and you are one of those I would really like to be evaluated.

Not sure who the position should go to though. You might be okay, in a pinch.

Alarra
2009-10-26, 10:52 AM
I'll volunteer for the position.

Murska
2009-10-26, 11:15 AM
Aw, that gives me no chance. :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-26, 12:12 PM
Murska . (http://www.yougotrickrolled.com/)

Murska
2009-10-26, 02:13 PM
I'm not going to click a link named 'yougotrickrolled.com', DD. :smalltongue:

Helgraf
2009-10-26, 02:30 PM
I support Alarra for this position.

Murska
2009-10-26, 02:32 PM
And the vote of the mason seals it. I never get to do anything fun.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-26, 04:23 PM
I'm not going to click a link named 'yougotrickrolled.com', DD. :smalltongue:
You got rickrolled in your MIND!:smallwink:

billtodamax
2009-10-26, 11:59 PM
I however, will! *clicks*

Hey.

This is a rick roll!

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-27, 06:32 AM
Guess I'll support Alarra for the position too then.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-27, 07:32 AM
While your voting is quite lovely...

There is still a vacant position within the senate. That of Affiliation seer, the enforcer of loyalty, though I have no idea of a romanesque title for this position, it was supposed to have been part of the election for positions. This is now open to elections, starting in the morning of Day 2. There will also be the first random event drawn. That is all.

Keep in mind that we only count votes that are posted in Day Phase.

Shadowcaller
2009-10-27, 08:47 AM
Fleeing Coward for now.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-27, 09:08 AM
Fleeing Coward for now.
And honest citizens aren't out to kill at night - we do that during the day, legionnaire. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2009-10-27, 09:26 AM
And honest citizens aren't out to kill at night - we do that during the day, legionnaire. :smalltongue:

Right you are.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-27, 10:06 AM
Still waiting on a few night actions. You've got 45 minutes to get them in to DD and I. Clocks ticking.... :)

Murska
2009-10-27, 10:12 AM
I want to alignment scry Fleeing Coward.

Supagoof
2009-10-27, 12:05 PM
While your voting is quite lovely...

Keep in mind that we only count votes that are posted in Day Phase.Does it really matter since it's decided by the senate anyways? :smallconfused:

Just curious.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-27, 01:00 PM
Does it really matter since it's decided by the senate anyways? :smallconfused:

Just curious.

Lynch votes are seperate from senate votes. Everyone votes on who they want lynched as is standard, but only senators can vote on senate business.

That said, Day 1 now begins.

The Bookworm
2009-10-27, 08:08 PM
I thought Day 1 happened already...

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-27, 09:14 PM
That was Day 0. Getting the senate elected. Preliminary stuff.

Thus, Day 0 --> Night 1. Day 1 ---> Night 2. Etc...

Supagoof
2009-10-28, 11:08 AM

Do you mean Day 2 begins? :smalltongue:

Or are we going back in time? In which case I'll point at Zar Peter. :smallamused:

Lamech
2009-10-28, 11:40 AM
Wait, a day started Helgraf

Helgraf
2009-10-28, 11:42 AM
Pointing at your Senate Seer is a bad idea, lamech.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-28, 12:35 PM
Indeed, its the sort of thing which looses you fingers. :smallwink:

Murska
2009-10-28, 01:32 PM
Murska and Lamech for being somewhat suspicious on day one.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-28, 01:58 PM
Do you mean Day 2 begins? :smalltongue:

Or are we going back in time? In which case I'll point at Zar Peter. :smallamused:

Sigh... Me fail math AND Me fail english? Dat unpossible!

The Bookworm
2009-10-28, 04:52 PM
I'm confused, Eldritch Knight.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-28, 05:04 PM
Heretic! Trying to usurp the Gods? :P

To clarify - This is essentially Day 1, as it is the first day that a lynch will be conducted. The previous day phase was so that the senate could be fairly elected. This also means that there was a night phase, as well. If there was an incident with the dog in the night, you would have been told.

Murska
2009-10-28, 05:05 PM
But didn't we JUST lynch Zar Peter the wolf?

Dr. Bath
2009-10-28, 05:08 PM
And had a night phase? (with no kill, strangely)

Reinholdt
2009-10-28, 08:33 PM
Here you go EK.

Zar Peter was executed by order the Senate Security Office, he was an Imperial Legionary.

Kyouhen just to get a vote in, in case this day 0-1-2 gets more confused.

billtodamax
2009-10-28, 11:50 PM
Reinholdt because I can't remember you being elected to the senate. Someone clarify what's happening!

Aemoh
2009-10-29, 07:54 AM
*points at billtodamax*

Quick point at the person above.

Eldritch Knight
2009-10-29, 08:39 AM
Right right... Day 2. My numbers are off. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-29, 08:47 AM
I'll go with Alarra and The Bookworm

Reinholdt
2009-10-29, 10:03 AM
Right right... Day 2. My numbers are off. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.
So does that mean we can have a fancy rule to vote on?

Shadowcaller
2009-10-29, 11:01 AM
Now I can finally vote for Fleeing Coward. :smalltongue:

TehSheen
2009-10-29, 05:13 PM
I'll go with The Bookworm.

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-29, 05:29 PM
When Tsofus enters the senate there is already an heated discussion going on, curious he silently sidles up to the arguing group.
But he hadn't needed to make the effort as they argue at the top of their voices and probably wouldn't notice if Julius himself with a legion of soldiers charged the place.
I'm sure today was yesterday... I mean
No, today is the first day of office for the new senate - I'm certain of it!
I nominate myself, Murska for..!
Then I suggest we bring in Zarus Petrus for questioning - I had a very convincing dream about him yesterday!
I'm confused...
Are you suggesting the gods are wrong?! Guards put that heretic in chains!
But venerable keeper of the chronicles, we still have Zarus Petrus head hanging on a spike outside - you just have to walk outside to see the proof of there being a yesterday!
I don't remember Reinholdt being elected a member of the senate - I think I'm going insane!!!!!
Although this was an amusing turn of events Tsofus felt he needed to intervene at this point.
Confuto!
Scribe, note Murskas nomination then follow this guard out and ask Zarus Petrus about his opinion of the matter of the day - I suspect as an astronomer he is trustworthy on the matter.

A few minutes later the scribe returns and Tsofus asks about the answer he got.
It's the first day of your reign, Zarus agreed on that!
Half of the senators just stood there dumbfounded at this outrageous claim - but Medicus Balineum didn't.
Are we not the highest authority? Hands up those who agrees on this being the second day!
All hands except one were thrust in the air.
Then I decree today to be today and not yesterday, write that down venerable scribe, now let us continue.

I support Alarras nomination.
I support the interrogation of the individual Lamech who dare suggest that Helgraf who led us to the traitor Zarus Petrus is himself a traitor to the republic.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur.

Helgraf
2009-10-30, 01:46 AM
As noted last night, I support Alarra for the new position.

And indeed, I find this suspicion by lamech most unseemly.

Lamech
2009-10-30, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry people, but last time I whenever I've played wolves it seemed a pretty common day one tactic to vote for a fellow wolf who didn't have any votes. And in fact, it seemed a heck of a lot more common than simple chance.

Or are we just supposed to assume that the people in the senate who got the power roles are good?

Also The bookworm

Alarra
2009-10-30, 07:15 AM
Or are we just supposed to assume that the people in the senate who got the power roles are good?
Well...Helgraf has claimed mason, so I, at least, am going to believe he's good. *points at Lamech* *nominates Alarra*

Supagoof
2009-10-30, 07:28 AM
I personally like two bandwagon's myself. You get a lot more data to analyze that way.

Points at the Bookworm.

Oh, and sure Alarra since she's backed by Helgraf.

billtodamax
2009-10-30, 02:51 PM
Lamech then.

Guancyto
2009-10-30, 03:04 PM
Lamech, I guess...

The Bookworm
2009-10-30, 07:16 PM
Lamech, I think.

Helgraf
2009-10-31, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry people, but last time I whenever I've played wolves it seemed a pretty common day one tactic to vote for a fellow wolf who didn't have any votes. And in fact, it seemed a heck of a lot more common than simple chance.

Also The bookworm

Well sir, when one is a claimed mason, like myself, and not a single soul has claimed to the contrary - which implies masonic support, since if a non-mason claimed to be a mason without the masons implicit support, the masons could easily decry the claim, yes, one ought to presume the person in question, to wit myself, is good.

Lamech
2009-10-31, 07:02 AM
Ahh I see were you claimed Mason now. I'm sorry I must have missed it when I first read your post where you claim to be one. I'm not sure how exactly that could have happened... but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it has something to do with a) organic chemistry, complex analysis and what not giving me a huge amount of time or b) it not being there when I first read your post.

I am also wondering when not paying a whole lot of attention became a wolf trait...

Cpt. Soup
2009-10-31, 07:20 AM
I sympathize with Lamech here in how I also didn't notice the mason thing for a bit, the post for it seemed like it was mentioned as an afterthought. But then I don't really get the bookworm wagon at all as they just appear to be following a random point...

So I'm going with Lamech.

Freshmeat
2009-10-31, 09:28 AM
I'll vote for the mason-backed Alarra and give Hyozo a random poke.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-31, 09:32 AM
Hyozo for alternative bandwagon.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-03, 12:25 PM
Day Ends.

Alarra has been selected for the position of affiliation seer, (I'm not sure I ever determined a romanesque name for it.)

Lamech has been thrown to the lions in the colliseum. He was a Plebian loyal to the Senate.

Night begins. Please send your actions to both narrators. The next day will begin on Thursday at 11 AM EST.

Trixie
2009-11-03, 12:27 PM
Alarra has been selected for the position of affiliation seer, (I'm not sure I ever determined a romanesque name for it.)

Scrivenus Maximus? :smalltongue:

Lamech
2009-11-03, 12:53 PM
Kitties!!!! Hey want some tuna, I have a can.
RAWRS *maul*
Gurgle... Silly kitty I can't open the can if you maul me...

Dr. Bath
2009-11-03, 02:57 PM
How about Censor?

Censors were appointed for long terms, and acted as the "moral guardians" of Rome. They had the power to determine what category citizens belonged to in the lists, the population tables, and the rolls which kept track of who was eligible to be a member of the Senate. The Censor could use this power to strip a noble family of its Senatorial rank or upgrade the status of others. He also had the final vote on any issue concerning moral or value questions, and as such had an immense influence.

It doesn't quite fit, but moral guardian is quite close.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-03, 03:11 PM
Dr. Bath, that works quite well.

((And has a hint of Irony to it, given that she's a Moddess... :P))

Alarra, The Empire has bestowed upon you the position of Censor. Use it wisely, and protect your people from the influence of Evil....

Helgraf
2009-11-03, 10:21 PM
It had been a long day, and arguments in the Senate had their echoes in the citizens. Lamech's only crime had been one of oversight, it seemed; a burden the Speaker carried in his heart. He feared there would be many more such burdens in the days to come, and prayed for the insight to see the hand of the enemy of Rome at work. A quiet sigh - the powers of the Oracle only permitted him to investigate individually.

He had stopped before the gates of Janus and made his donation to the four-faced god of portals, praying for guidance in which doors to open in the future.

Afterward, he retired to the gardens, sitting by a tinkling fountain, looking to the stars.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-07, 11:11 PM
I apologize profusly for the delay. Internet outage.

The sun rises on the Roman Empire. On this day, the citizens are rudely awakened by the sound of horses rampaging through the streets in multiple directions. While ordinarily this would just be troublesome, the shrill screams that sounded oddly human ensured that this was no ordinary stampede. As the crowd gathers in the square, runners come from different directions carrying the drawn and quartered corpse of TehSheen. From his dead hand a sword falls with a clatter. Inscribed on the sword is the phrase "Senatus Populusque Romanus" (The Senate and People of Rome)

TehSheen was killed by the legion. He was a Senate Guard.

Day 3 begins now, and will end on Monday, at 12:30 PM EST

The Bookworm
2009-11-08, 01:12 PM
Opeth Freak! Vote, everyone!

Aemoh
2009-11-08, 01:26 PM
*quick point at The Bookworm*

Robert Blackletter
2009-11-08, 01:51 PM
Opeth Freak cos bookworm said so

billtodamax
2009-11-08, 03:47 PM
Robert Blackletter 'till we get some logic. Don't follow this point, unless there's good reason to

Murska
2009-11-08, 03:48 PM
Aemoh. . .

Dr. Bath
2009-11-08, 08:23 PM
The Bookworm. He's been bandwagoning pretty well this game, and the way people (gothicbob) are following him is suspicious.

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-08, 08:38 PM
The Bookworm because supporting other wagon for today would be stupid.

Helgraf
2009-11-09, 01:45 AM
I do not know whether The Bookworm is loyal to Rome or to the Legions, but he is no legionnaire.

This said, his votes disturbed me as well.

Opeth, on the other hand, your behavior concerns me as well. You piled onto Teh Sheen's bandwagon on day 1 and did not change your vote after I implied that lynching him would be a bad idea - because he was a member of Imperial security, as was learned so recently when traitor legion supporters cut him down last night.

Then you claimed to support the "other" bandwagon yesterday and pointed at Hyozo. The "other" bandwagon was on The Bookworm, not Hyozo, unless you count 1 vote as a bandwagon, a claim I find most spurious.

Opeth Freak, I find your behavior suspicious.

Alarra
2009-11-09, 09:24 AM
I'm willing to see where that logic goes. Opeth Freak

Reinholdt
2009-11-09, 10:40 AM
Opeth Freak for the logic.

TFT
2009-11-09, 02:59 PM
Opeth Freak.

Supagoof
2009-11-09, 03:05 PM
Well this isn't going to help figure anything out, but the logic makes sense.

Opeth Freak

Guancyto
2009-11-09, 03:11 PM
The Senate has spoken, I guess. Opeth Freak.

Freshmeat
2009-11-09, 03:30 PM
Opeth Freak

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-09, 04:25 PM
*Bandwagon hits Opeth for 9999 damage*

Nope, sorry, you missed. Just a dirty peasant in here :smallsmile:

Cpt. Soup
2009-11-09, 06:20 PM
Opeth_Freak, although he probably just wasn't being attentive.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-09, 11:06 PM
The Senate has business this day.

Before the senate stands an urgent matter. The ppportunity has arisen to solidify our current trade agreements with Egypt. Despite the current crisis, the revenues are essential to the functioning of the empire. The senate must now elect a Roman Representative to Egypt for the negotiations. (Target player is lynch-proof, but cannot point or use other abilities for the next 2 game days. Note - This does not bestow immunity to being killed at night, or negate being baned.)

Helgraf
2009-11-09, 11:26 PM
The Senate has business this day.

Before the senate stands an urgent matter. The ppportunity has arisen to solidify our current trade agreements with Egypt. Despite the current crisis, the revenues are essential to the functioning of the empire. The senate must now elect a Roman Representative to Egypt for the negotiations. (Target player is lynch-proof, but cannot point or use other abilities for the next 2 game days. Note - This does not bestow immunity to being killed at night, or negate being baned.)

((Is target lynch proof from now on, or just for the next 2 game days?))

Murska
2009-11-10, 03:00 AM
So technically out of the game for two days. I volunteer?

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-10, 03:18 AM
Opeth Freak and Murska is obviously a legion member trying to get a 2 day immunity pass :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-10, 07:35 AM
((Is target lynch proof from now on, or just for the next 2 game days?))

(Target player is lynch-proof, but cannot point or use other abilities for the next 2 game days. Note - This does not bestow immunity to being killed at night, or negate being baned.)
So yes, just for the next two game days.

Reinholdt
2009-11-10, 11:08 AM
Is this a rule that needs voting on by the senate? Can the target be someone other than the person up for lynch today?

Hyozo
2009-11-10, 01:51 PM
I'll follow the bandwagon on Opeth_freak for now.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-10, 02:46 PM
Is this a rule that needs voting on by the senate? Can the target be someone other than the person up for lynch today?

The target can be anyone, as decided by a majority vote by the senate.

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-10, 03:55 PM
Then I vote that the volunteer Murskus is sent to the heathens in Egypt, or quo fata ferunt. His slyness will come in handy in the negotiations.
I'll not stand up for Opeth Freak, neither stand against him. Regnat populus.

Helgraf
2009-11-10, 06:06 PM
Indeed, let Senator Murska represent us to the Ægyptians.

Supagoof
2009-11-11, 12:41 PM
Not that I don't agree with Murska as a choice, but I wonder how that will affect the senate.

For example, if storywise, Murska is in Egypt, then would we not lose his vote for other stuff that happens in the senate? (EK could you clarify?)

And if the senate is for the people, shouldn't we be appointing someone who is not in the senate? Or has the Senate decided that doing good stuff for the people (like those who are villagers who didn't make it into the senate who have this opportunity to be something a little more interesting in this game....) is not in the best interest of Rome?

Dr. Bath
2009-11-11, 12:45 PM
I was gonna go for Reinholdt. In the interests of not making the senate so insular.

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-11, 12:58 PM
Not that I don't agree with [COLOR="Blue"](like those who are villagers who didn't make it into the senate who have this opportunity to be something a little more interesting in this game....)

Oh, I just thought of it as a way to get rid of someone - as they are taken out of the game more or less.
Thus I saw it as a noble sacrifice from Murska in this case. :smallwink:
If someone outside the senate steps up and wants to go - just say and you'll certainly have my vote.

Grim ranger
2009-11-11, 02:59 PM
I am sorry, everyone, this announcement will take just a second.

I will retire from the game due to too filled timetable to be able to participace effectively.

I am sorry for all problems this will cause.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-16, 09:53 AM
Opeth Freak was Lynched.. He was a Plebian, loyal to the Senate.

Murska was sent to Egypt to negotiate a trade agreement. He will return in two game days.

Night Falls on Rome....

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-21, 10:54 PM
Morning rises on the City and Empire of Rome. Citzens, Slave or Free, go about their daily business, unaware of the trouble brewing on thr horizon. Murska departs Rome for Egypt on the fastest available ship. But the Sea is a treacherous mistress, and today is no exceptions. Unbeknownst to the Senate representative, he has boarded a ship that harbours a traitor, and as they round the Isle of Cyprus, they are ambushed by Carthaginian pirates. Murska is quickly bound and taken for ransom. As to the rest, the Pirate Captain, a man known as Roberticus, never leaves any survivors. After all, if you grow soft, your crew no longer fears you, and after that it's just work, work, work all the time...

Murska, a Plebian elected to the Senate was kidnapped by pirates, and held for ransom. Unfortunatly, the ransom was paid by the wrong people.

Day begins. A senate position is available.

((Please note, I am aware that I didn't mention that any senate member elected to be 'sent away' would become vulnerable. Perhaps I should have, but it does make logical sense, because they can't really be guarded if they're away from the Empire. There's plenty of historical precident anyway.))

billtodamax
2009-11-21, 11:58 PM
Random at Geesi.

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-22, 12:34 AM
I suggest we lynch billtodamax for been above me.
I also vote for billtodamax to be in the senate for the exact same reason :smalltongue:

Helgraf
2009-11-22, 02:30 AM
People of Rome!

It is with heavy heart that I approach you today, for I am required by my duty to Rome to carry out a task which is most unpleasant to me.

I have consulted with the Oracles. I have looked into the heart and soul of one of my brethern.

And my heart is betrayed.

Alarra, the Oracle has revealed your true allegance to the Legions. I cannot allow my personal feelings to come before the safety of Rome.

It is with deepest sorrow I must ask for your resignation and exile to Cyprus.

To the people of Rome, I offer my humblest apologies for allowing my personal views to cloud my judgement in appointing the Legionary to the post she was given. I can only hope that we will be able to root out the traitors among us without further such incident.

To my brothers in Imperial Security. You were right. I was blind, and it has cost us. I can only pray the Oracle's insight will prevent further tragedies of this nature.

Reinholdt
2009-11-22, 02:51 AM
Alarra
billtodamax

Freshmeat
2009-11-22, 09:20 AM
*points at Alarra*

Murska
2009-11-22, 09:55 AM
What? Aww come on. :smallfrown:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-22, 10:57 AM
Alarra. Damn Legion! You'll never hold Roma to ransom! Never!

If I'd known that senators lose their protection I would have protected you Murska, sorry. :smallfrown:

Murska
2009-11-22, 11:09 AM
If I had known I wouldn't have even gotten myself chosen. :smallfrown:

If you told the wolves they can target me, you should've told the baner aswell.

The Bookworm
2009-11-22, 11:58 AM
Alarra and Billtodamax.

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-22, 01:59 PM
Not only did we lose our revered senator Murskus during his important mission to Egypt, we also lost our ransom and the Barbarians were offended.

Fellow senators, the piracy is clearly out of hand!
If we are to feed the people of Rome we need those barges from Egypt, but what can we expect to get when even our special envoys get attacked?
Julius won't even need an army to take Rome if this continues, he can just ride in through the main gate and offer panem et circenses!

We need to launch our triremes against Carthage without further delay!
And I further suggest that we send Alarra to oversee the operation, preferably from the view of the oarsman. For whom am I to question the words of oracle?

Praetera censeo Chartaginem esse delendam!
Most thoughtful of you Cicero, send word to the salt-merchants!

Navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse... Isn't that so Murskus?

billtodamax
2009-11-22, 02:14 PM
Alarra.

If you wish to nominate me to the position of senator, then so be it.

TFT
2009-11-22, 03:25 PM
Alarra....

Aemoh
2009-11-22, 06:31 PM
*points at Alarra*

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you, I am very easy to bribe. I'd make a great Senator :smallamused:

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-22, 07:22 PM
If I had known I wouldn't have even gotten myself chosen. :smallfrown:

If you told the wolves they can target me, you should've told the baner aswell.

And if I told the baner that, would it not have been interfering with the game? After all to tell the baner 'By the way, you can protect Murska from a legionary attack, if you so choose', would kinda be a subtle nudge to do so.

Murska
2009-11-22, 07:28 PM
Well I don't know if you told the Legion that I was vulnerable or not. But if yes, then that was just as much affecting the game by saying 'Murska is vulnerable to a nightkill now, by the way.'

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-22, 08:07 PM
Changing to Alarra I guess.