PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid question

Berserk Monk
2009-10-09, 11:32 AM
What were the names of the songs Elan was parodying and were they all Beetles songs (since you know that's what he was fighting)? I don't listen to music that much and my preferred taste is viking metal.

JaxGaret
2009-10-09, 11:39 AM
were they all Beetles songs

The band is The Beatles. Not Beetles.

Laserfish
2009-10-09, 11:41 AM
In order:

Let it Be
All You Need is Love
Come Together
Here Comes the Sun
Fixing a Hole
Maxwell's Silver Hammer

And the comic title is a reference to Blackbird.

Listen to more Beatles. S'good.

Conuly
2009-10-09, 12:04 PM
Thanks, I was wondering about some of those.

Cleverdan22
2009-10-09, 01:03 PM
Listen to more Beatles. S'good.

Agreed. Everybody needs more Beatles.

Berserk Monk
2009-10-09, 01:24 PM
The band is The Beatles. Not Beetles.

I'ma barbarian. You're lucky I didn't just slam my fist into the keyboard to make letter symbols.

rewinn
2009-10-09, 02:15 PM
Agreed. Everybody needs more Beatles.

They're Epic Level Bards (...thousands of hours training in German clubs paid off!) whose fame has, on the evidence, spread to the Stickverse.

TheBibliophile
2009-10-12, 07:51 AM
You speak the truth.

Although one of them was killed by an enraged fan with a crossbow and another didn't take Remove Disease... to his cost.

Optimystik
2009-10-12, 08:12 AM
I'ma barbarian. You're lucky I didn't just slam my fist into the keyboard to make letter symbols.

At the risk of derailing the thread... a barbarian monk?

Isn't that like a... paladin bard?

Lvl45DM!
2009-10-12, 08:35 AM
Due to their size and comparative INT scores barbarian hands are considered improvised weapons ;)

hamishspence
2009-10-12, 08:51 AM
Both are possible, depending on the source.

In core, an ex-monk Barbarian has full Monk Powers- they just can't advance in monk anymore.

An ex-bard Paladin retains all their spells (I don't think they retain Bardic Music though)

In Complete Adventurer, there are feats allowing you to advance in Bard despite being Lawful.

Optimystik
2009-10-12, 08:53 AM
Both are possible, depending on the source.

Oh I know it's possible, just an odd combination fluffwise. A... disciplined rager, if you will.

hamishspence
2009-10-12, 09:01 AM
I don't think you can Rage and be Lawful though- not sure why.

Maybe Monk powers are something that, once you've learned, you never forget, no matter how far from Lawful your mindset wanders.

Whereas Raging draws from the power of Chaos- and once you go Lawful- access to it simply shut off.

This is one way of rationalizing it.

Optimystik
2009-10-12, 09:20 AM
I don't think you can Rage and be Lawful though- not sure why.

Maybe Monk powers are something that, once you've learned, you never forget, no matter how far from Lawful your mindset wanders.

Whereas Raging draws from the power of Chaos- and once you go Lawful- access to it simply shut off.

This is one way of rationalizing it.

That's reasonable from the Barbarian side, but from the Monk side? Many of their abilities are fluffed as resulting from extreme discipline, both in deed and in philosophy. Diamond Body and Diamond Soul, for instance, are hard to envision being usable by Chaotics.

A Chaotic version might be Slippery Body and Slippery Soul or somesuch. :smalltongue: Not that Slippery Mind is limited to Chaos, it just seems a better fit.

But I think we're going afield a bit :smallbiggrin:

hamishspence
2009-10-12, 09:45 AM
maybe a bit :smallamused:

Getting back to the subject- while I haven't heard the songs by the Beatles, I did like the joke anyway.

Asta Kask
2009-10-12, 10:53 AM
And we all know Paul was killed and replaced by a Doppelganger.

Laserfish
2009-10-12, 11:23 AM
You speak the truth.

Although one of them was killed by an enraged fan with a crossbow and another didn't take Remove Disease... to his cost.

And let's face it, one of them really just made it to the high paragon levels anyways...