PDA

View Full Version : A New Character? o_o

Sikozu
2009-10-09, 11:54 AM
I was thinking it'd be cool if there was a Warlock or something in there somewhere. Might be interesting. o3o

factotum
2009-10-09, 12:05 PM
Why? We already have a blaster mage. Besides, I think 684 strips in is a bit late to be introducing any more major characters!

hamishspence
2009-10-09, 12:08 PM
A warlock as an enemy would be OK- maybe in the slaver force- not sure if The Giant is likely to use non-core classes though.

They have been mentioned in-strip a couple of strips back- the other customer suggested that V could be a Warlock, when trying to provoke V.

Sikozu
2009-10-09, 12:43 PM
I mean like, on Xykon's side or something. Warlocks are cool. Could be V's enemy, or something. Iunno. xD Just a random idea.

Berserk Monk
2009-10-09, 01:30 PM
I mean like, on Xykon's side or something. Warlocks are cool. Could be V's enemy, or something. Iunno. xD Just a random idea.

I thought that was why he has Tsukiko (did I spell that right?).

Kish
2009-10-09, 01:42 PM
Tsukiko is neither a warlock nor Vaarsuvius' enemy. As far as her narrative role goes, I think her relationship to Redcloak's anti-human prejudice is far more likely to be meaningful than any particular enmity that may or may not develop between her and Vaarsuvius if they ever interact at all.

Optimystik
2009-10-09, 01:53 PM
I think we'd have the gnome/dwarf problem again; warlocks aren't different enough from sorcerers that introducing one would have any real impact. So even if the Giant deviates from core, he doesn't gain much by doing so.

Compare to his other deviations from core, which were all done with clear goals in mind. The three Xykons were introduced because core didn't have enough intelligent skeletons to make the narrative work; the Ghost Martyrs, so he could have turnable positive energy paladin spirits; and Tsukiko's Orbs, so that Tsukiko would have a way to blast Haley with lightning without allowing her to evade.

So what could a warlock add to the story that a sorcerer/wizard couldn't?

gallagher
2009-10-09, 01:57 PM
I was thinking it'd be cool if there was a Warlock or something in there somewhere. Might be interesting. o3omaybe something warforged? show that the tinman can have a heart

David Argall
2009-10-09, 02:06 PM
Why? We already have a blaster mage. Besides, I think 684 strips in is a bit late to be introducing any more major characters!

We are very likely to have a host of additional character who will show in 20 or so strips, and should have a few that will make 50.

Almaseti
2009-10-09, 03:36 PM
Well, a warlock as V's evil opposite next time we run into the linear guild would make sense, but beyond that not really.

theinsulabot
2009-10-09, 04:08 PM
despite v's notable lack of success against enemy high level casters, i don't think a warlock would be a great enemy for him, it would probably be some kind of nimble fighter with some form or another of spell resistance or magical evasion, something that would really rile V up. V tends to keep a cool, if egotistical outlook. a good enemy for him would need to be able to get under his skin.

Assassin89
2009-10-09, 04:11 PM
maybe something warforged? show that the tinman can have a heart

I think Rich already made fun of the Ebernon campaign setting, but Durkon's reaction to an ironwood warforged would probably be along the lines his act towards a walking metallic humanoid tree.

ref
2009-10-09, 11:39 PM
and Tsukiko's Orbs, so that Tsukiko would have a way to blast Haley with lightning without allowing her to evade.

Yeah, Tsukiko's orbs were a nice addition. :smallbiggrin:

Klose_the_Sith
2009-10-10, 02:20 AM
Yeah, Tsukiko's orbs were a nice addition. :smallbiggrin:

Her spells weren't bad either ... :smallwink: