PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Would playing a Duodrone, or even a Monodrone be fun/doable?

Pika...
2009-10-09, 08:56 PM
So as usual, I am a bit bored, my college classes don't start until tomorrow, and I am in the mood to add to my backup characters folder. So once again I'm here asking the pros for advice. :smallsmile:

I am on a bit of a Modron fix (they appeal to me almost as much as Kobolds), and I have just reread the Modron article in Dragon #354 (minus the whole Rogue March nonsense), and am skimming the Modron Excerpt from the planer book (forget name right now).

I am in the mood to stat up a Modron PC. In the Rogue Modron section of the article it says "Monodrones and Duodrones are unsuitable as player characters for all but the most dedicated players", so already wanting to try a Monodrone this only made me want to even more so. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, do you folks see this as doable? If so, how would one roleplay and manage/act on said character?

I imagine a Duodrone would be somewhat doable, since I imagine I could roleplay it as being able to focus on two things at once (not really sure the significance of that though).

For a monodrone, as was suggested in my last Modron related thread, the equivalent of the cliche OCD filled scientist who only focuses on one task/job/etc?

OldTrees
2009-10-09, 09:04 PM
I saw a rogue modron race in the Crystalkeep race pdf. I do not remember what tier of modron it was. You might get some ideas fro its interesting racial features.

Pika...
2009-10-09, 09:10 PM
I saw a rogue modron race in the Crystalkeep race pdf. I do not remember what tier of modron it was. You might get some ideas fro its interesting racial features.

Oh that is all actually in the Dragon #354 issue. And I believe partly covered in the excerpt as well.

What I was wanting to know if it would be possible to roleplaying a rogue Monodrone, or maybe a Duodrone. And if so how. Seems like it would be a real challenge, that is if you want to stay true to their canon.

RandomNPC
2009-10-09, 09:18 PM
you sir are my hero.

As a DM i've been wanting to run a group of these guys for a while, and you're invited to my games. just find a way to get here.

Pika...
2009-10-09, 09:23 PM
you sir are my hero.

As a DM i've been wanting to run a group of these guys for a while, and you're invited to my games. just find a way to get here.

Aw, chucks. :smallredface:

Made my day.

If only "here" was Central Florida.

maniakmastah
2009-10-09, 10:39 PM
Hey dude, here's my idea, Modrons are based around order and logic, but who's to says what many races can define as logical. You can make a Modron do things that others would see as having no sense to them, but makes perfect sense to the Modron, so in that, there is their logic. Just adding my two cents.

Godskook
2009-10-09, 10:44 PM
Hey dude, here's my idea, Modrons are based around order and logic, but who's to says what many races can define as logical. You can make a Modron do things that others would see as having no sense to them, but makes perfect sense to the Modron, so in that, there is their logic. Just adding my two cents.

That's highly illogical. Couldn't resist.

maniakmastah
2009-10-09, 11:01 PM
That's highly illogical. Couldn't resist.

lol, does this mean we've created a paradox?