PDA

View Full Version : A theory about the Snarl

The Rugi
2009-10-10, 05:02 AM
Given Rich Burlew's stance on theories and speculations and stuff, I should probably spoiler tag this so...

So far what we know about the Snarl is that it's a squiggly evil monster thingy that was created when the gods bickered over how the world would be created. It not only destroys things, but what it destroys completely ceases to exist. It destroyed an entire pantheon of gods (the Greek ones) and then destroyed the world. So the gods sealed the Snarl in the new world they made (much more organized this time). The seal wasn't good enough, and it started leaking out, so a bunch of apparently epic level adventurers sealed the leaked points and made a gate around it. I got the info right so far, right?

Okay, so the Snarl completely destroying both body and soul is based upon the observation that when someone falls to the Snarl, they do not appear in any of the afterlife planes. It seems they simply ceased to exist. However, when Blackwing looked inside the Snarl, he saw another world. It could be possible, then, that the Snarl didn't actually destroy anything, but is actually a giant squiggly gate. The world that Blackwing saw is actually the old world that the gods created first, but the Snarl supposedly destroyed. The Greek pantheon probably also exists there, serving the clerics and paladins (and blackguards) of the denizens of the old world. This matches the observation of the soul supposedly being destroyed, since the soul no longer exists in the normal OoTS universe anymore, but is now in the old one. That means they would now have access to whatever Greek afterlife in the old universe, but no longer have access to the normal one. If the Snarl were to consume the world, the two worlds will probably combine into one, based on this theory. Either that or the two worlds will be destroyed from colliding into each other. Or whatever happens when two planets run into each other.

Thoughts? Contradictory evidence? Am I just crazy?

Edit: typo...

donkyhotay
2009-10-10, 01:09 PM
This has actually been suggested before in previous threads. Personally I don't think we have enough information to make a determination either way.

King of Nowhere
2009-10-10, 02:10 PM
exactly, it has been suggested, and it is reasonable, but we don't know.

The Rugi
2009-10-10, 02:38 PM
Oh...I guess I missed it or it was posted a long time ago because I was looking for someone who posted the same thing.